Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE: Turning The Corner

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #50 (permalink)
kane01
Working Dark Matches

kane01 needs to take rep more seriouskane01 needs to take rep more seriouskane01 needs to take rep more seriouskane01 needs to take rep more seriouskane01 needs to take rep more seriouskane01 needs to take rep more seriouskane01 needs to take rep more seriouskane01 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: WWE: Turning The Corner

WWE Smackdown!
Atlanta Georgia
21st September 2007

“Rise Up” by Drowning Pool hits as the Smackdown Video package plays before we head out to the arena where we see thousands of screaming fans. The camera pans amongst them before finally going over to Michael Cole and JBL at ringside.

Michael Cole: Five days removed from an explosive Unforgiven, Friday Night Smackdown rolls into Atlanta Georgia as the Road to No Mercy starts tonight! I’m Michael Cole and alongside me, is my partner JBL.

JBL: How many times do I need to say this, I am not your partner. But what a show we have in store for you tonight.

Michael Cole: Indeed after getting three straight pinfall victories over Jamie Noble in recent weeks, Kid Kash gets his chance to get some Cruiserweight gold around his waist.

JBL: He has proved himself on three occasions, but can he prove himself when the lights are on bright and the gold is on the line?

Michael Cole: And what a way we are going to get this night started, with the Animal Batista!

“I Walk Alone” hits and the crowd erupts into an explosive pop for the Animal Batista. Batista comes out onto the stage, dressed to impress. Batista sets off his pyros at the top of the ramp, before walking down the isle and steps into the ring. Batista then takes a mic off announcer Justin Roberts, as “Batista” chants fill Atlanta Georgia.

Batista: Last Sunday at Unforgiven, I promised to the world that I was going to make an impact.

Batista takes off his sunglasses and puts them in his pocket.

Batista: And that’s exactly what I did.

Batista then points to the Titantron, where we are shown a clip from Unforgiven. We see The Undertaker making his way to the back after a victory over Mark Henry, when Batista Spears The Undertaker on the ramp. We then see Batista connect with the Batista Bomb to Undertaker on the ramp.

We then cut back to ringside where the Atlanta Georgia fans are now giving Batista a mixed reaction for his actions.

Batista: Now I have no problems with the Undertaker personally, but The Undertaker is in my way of regaining MY World Heavyweight Championship.

Mixed reaction for Batista who doesn’t look phased by some of the boos from the crowd.

Batista: In my career I have beaten icons, I have been in Steel Cage Matches, Elimination Chambers, No Hold Barred matches, World Heavyweight Champion on two occasions, but the one thing I haven’t done is beat the Undertaker!

Mixed Reaction

Batista: And I am sick and tired of people telling me that I am afraid of the Undertaker, that I can’t beat The Undertaker. Well those doubters out there for all I care, can go KISS MY ASS!

Mixed reaction, with some fans surprised at Batista’s attitude.

Batista: Because I know I can beat The Undertaker, and Undertaker I have challenged you to a match at No Mercy!

Crowd Pops

Batista: But I haven’t got my answer. And I am not going to leave this ring until I get an answer. Undertaker if you don’t come out here and accept my challenge, I am going to go back there and find you, and I am going to FIND YOUR DEAD ASS AND I AM GOING TO KICK IT, UNTIL YOU ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE!

Mixed reaction

Batista: So Dead man, bring your Dead Ass out here!

Batista tosses the microphone aside and takes off his shirt, and tells to Undertaker to bring it. Batista waits and waits and then

“Metalingus” hits and The World Heavyweight Champion Edge makes his way down to the ring with a big smug smile on his face. We see Batista pick the microphone back up, as Edge gets into the ring and takes a mic. Edge goes to speak when “asshole” chants cut him off, and they echo around the arena. Edge then goes to speak when Batista cuts him off.

Batista: Edge I personally agree with Atlanta Georgia.

Crowd Pops

Batista: Edge if I was you, you Blonde Haired Bitch! I would get the hell out of this ring, before I kick your ass!

Crowd Pops as Edge smirks

Edge: Woah, woah Batista calm down! I know you’re angry, because you haven’t ate yet, but this belt around my waist signifies, that I can come down to the ring whenever I want, and interrupt whoever I want.

Big heat as Edge points to his World Heavyweight Title

Edge: Batista, nobody cares about you or The Undertaker. Your both just as boring as each other. What these fat overweight Atlanta Georgians….

Edge is interrupted by heat from the crowd for that comment.

Edge: The only thing these people care about is the Greatest World Heavyweight Champion of all time, the Rated R Superstar, Edge!

Crowd gives more heat to Edge.

Edge: And Batista since you haven’t got anything around your waist, except for an exceeding belly line.

Heat as Batista doesn’t look too pleased at Edge’s comment.

Edge: Since you haven’t got a title, you need to get out of my ring now because this is my time!

Huge heat as Edge signals Batista to go away, but Batista doesn’t move an inch.

Edge: Batista this is my time, and do you know why? Because I am the greatest World Heavyweight Champion of all time!

Big heat

Edge: And I proved it last Sunday when I defeated two of the toughest superstars of all time and Rey Mysterio to retain my World Heavyweight Championship!

Big heat

Edge: And….

Batista: How about you put that title on the line against me Edge?

The crowd pops as Edge quickly shakes his head, wanting no part of Edge.

Edge: Woah cut it right there. Batista you are not getting a title shot. Batista I beat you at Vengeance, which meant that you never again, get a Title Shot as long as I am champion!

Big heat

Batista: Well if your not going to give me a title shot, the only other reason I see you being out here Edge…Well, since the Undertaker isn’t out here, I suppose you will do…

Then suddenly Batista sprints up at Edge and connects with a Spear! Batista then starts pounding away at the champion on the mat, who grabs the ropes and quickly pulls himself to the outside of the ring to get away from Batista. Batista grabs Edge’s World Title belt, and tosses it down the ramp at Edge and it is clear that Batista is not in the mood for Edge. Then “Macmillitant” hits and General Manager Teddy Long appears at the top of the ramp, with a mic In hand.

Teddy Long: Batista you want a fight so bad? Well tonight your going to get one.

Crowd Pops

Long: Because tonight Batista you and a partner of your choice, will face Edge and a partner of his choice!

The crowd pops as Edge doesn’t look too pleased.

Long: And Edge also tonight we are going to find out, who will be facing you at No Mercy for your World Heavyweight Title. Because tonight the two men who did not get pinned in the fatal four way match. Rey Mysterio and Finlay will go one on one, and the winner will face you at No Mercy!

Crowd Pops

Long: Now can you Holla Holla that Playa!

Commercial Break

When we come back from commercial we can see that Frankie Kazarian and Shannon Moore are in the ring, ready for a Tag Team Match. Then “You can run” hits and Billy Kidman makes his way down to the ring, to a decent pop from the crowd. He waits outside the ring, for his partner to come down.

Then “Gonna Punch Someone Tonight” hits and Jimmy Wang Yang makes his way down to the ring to another decent pop from the crowd.

Match 1
Tag Team Match
Billy Kidman and Jimmy Wang Yang v Frankie Kazarian and Shannon Moore

We start off the wrestling side of the show, with a match that has no meaning to it except to show off Smackdowns Cruiserweight division and get the wrestling side of the show off in the best way possible. It was a very fast paced back and forth match, with the crowd very much behind Billy Kidman and Jimmy Wang Yang who impress the crowd with some great highflying spots. The most impressive spot of the match came at the five-minute mark, when Jimmy Wang Yang connected with a Sunset Flip Powerbomb from the ring apron down onto the concrete floor. The ending of the match saw Frankie Kazarian get Billy Kidman into position for the electric chair drop, and Shannon Moore from the top rope went for a diving crossbody onto Billy Kidman. But however Billy Kidman connected with a victory roll onto Frankie Kazarian, as Shannon Moore missed the Diving Crossbody and Kidman took the victory.

Winners: Billy Kidman and Jimmy Wang Yang in 6:29

We then go backstage to see MVP speaking to somebody on his mobile phone.

MVP: So you are going to attack him next week?………That’s good he will never see it coming………haha…………Yeah see you next week, and just remember. You do me a favour, and you get a portion of the world’s most expensive pay check haha…….K catch you next week!

MVP hangs up his phone and a big smile appears on his face. Then we hear the sound of a door opening, and in walks the World Heavyweight Champion Edge to big heat.

Edge: Look who it is, MVP. Half man, half amazing, that’s you right?

MVP: Your damn right it is.

Edge: Well I like you kid, you remind me of a young me, bar the fact that you wear a Power Rangers Costume.

Few laughs as MVP looks on at Edge in a “What the hell” type tone.

Edge: But MVP you and me have a lot in common. We’re both Champions, we have both stole Girlfriends off Matt Hardy.

Big heat scattered with a few laughs.

Edge: And I was just thinking, how about, the United States Champion MVP teams up with the World Heavyweight Champion Tonight!

MVP: Do you know what I like the sound of that, I deserve to be in the Main Event. Because I am better than Batista, I am a whole lot better than Rey Mysterio, and I am Better than Edge…

Edge: (Now in a serious tone) What did you just say?

MVP: Uhhh…You know it’s going to be great teaming with you tonight, but I have gotta go, so I will catch you later.

MVP then hurries out of his locker room as we go to a commercial break.

Commercial Break

When we return from commercial we see Stevie Richards in the ring warming up for this upcoming contest.

“Masterpiece” hits and Chris Masters comes down to the ring to some small heat from the crowd. As he makes his way down we are shown replays of Stevie Richards, getting pinfall victories over Chris Masters in a one on one match two weeks ago and a tag team match last week.

Match Two
Singles Match
Chris Masters v Stevie Richards

Once again in this series of matches, this is a match that Chris Masters dominates the majority of, using his size and strength to his advantage. But Stevie Richards once again shows his heart and resiliency, as Chris Masters struggles to put Richards away. Richards also nearly took a third pinfall victory over Masters in three weeks, when he connected with a Double Underhook DDT and made the cover, but Masters kicked out at two. The end of the match saw Chris Masters attempt to get Stevie Richards in the Masterlock, but Stevie Richards elbowed his way out of it and dropkicked Chris Masters to the outside of the ring. Richards followed Masters out of the ring, but Chris Masters grabbed a chair and smashed the chair over the head of Stevie Richards, forcing the referee to call for the bell.

Winner: Stevie Richards in 5:51 via DQ

After the match a furious Chris Masters lifts Stevie Richards to his feet, and locks on the Masterlock! Referee’s flood down to the ring to try and get Masters off Richards, but Masters is too strong. Stevie Richards eventually fades away, and then Chris Masters lets go of the hold, tossing Richards to the floor like a sack of potatoes. Chris Masters then flexes his muscles for the crowd, as we go backstage.

We then go backstage to see Josh Matthews standing by Batista.

Josh: Batista, earlier tonight a Tag Team Match was made where Edge and his partner MVP will take on you and a partner of your choice. Batista how are you feeling….

Batista: How am I feeling? Josh I am feeling pretty pissed off!

Crowd Pops

Batista: You see at this moment I could not give a DAMN about Edge, I could not give a DAMN about this stupid little Tag Match! All I care about at this moment in time is getting my match, with the Undertaker!

Crowd Pops

Batista: And I know Taker is here tonight. So Deadman if your listening, if you even try come out and cost me my match tonight, I am GOING TO GIVE YOU THE BEATING OF YOUR LIFE!

Crowd Boos, as they prefer Taker over Batista

Batista: But back onto this Tag Match Josh, I have picked a partner who not only hates Edge as much as I do. But he also knows The Undertaker just as much as I do, and Josh him and me are going to go out there, and win tonight. And I am going to make sure I get the pinfall on Edge, because when I am through with Taker. I am going to win back my World Heavyweight Championship, and there is nothing anybody can do to STOP ME!

The crowd gives a pretty mixed reaction for Batista as we cut to a commercial break.

Cole: Next up folks, Mysterio v Finlay, winner goes onto face Edge at No Mercy.

Commercial Break

“My name is Finlay” hits and Finlay comes down to the ring, to some big heat. Finlay makes his way down to the ring, shillelagh in hand looking very focused on the task ahead.

“Booyaka 619” hits and Rey Mysterio pops out of the ground, to a huge pop from the crowd. Mysterio slaps hands with fans at ringside, as he makes his way down the ramp. Mysterio gets in the ring and salutes the crowd, from opposite corners of the ring.

Match 3
Number One Contender Match
Finlay v Rey Mysterio

As you would expect, these two men put on one hell of a match, with both men going all out, with both men wanting to win the title shot against Edge at No Mercy. Rey Mysterio uses his speed to his advantage in the early going, with the slow methodical Finlay struggling to keep up with the younger and quicker Mysterio. Eventually though it is Mysterio’s high flying abilities which backfire on him, as Mysterio goes to connect with a somersault plancha onto Finlay on the outside of the ring, when Finlay moves out of the way and Mysterio crashes and burns on the concrete floor. Finlay then drags Mysterio by the steel steps, and connects with a running boot to Mysterio’s face, sandwiching Mysterio’s face between boot and steel. The match pace slows down as Finlay starts to wrestle his style of match, working over the face of Rey Mysterio trying to weaken the high flyer. Finlay came so close to victory when he connected with a second rope DDT, but somehow Mysterio kicked out at two. As the match went on Finlay started to get angry, as he could not put Mysterio away. Finlay finally lost his temper after Mysterio kicked out of a rare Piledriver, and he went for his shillelagh. But when he went to hit Mysterio with the weapon, the referee snatched it off Finlay, who then turned around into a spinning wheel kick by Mysterio. This was where the match turned around, as Mysterio started to go through his move set on Finlay, connecting with a Hurricarana followed by a Wheelbarrow Bulldog. Rey Mysterio connected with the Droppin the Dime and made the cover but Finlay kicked out at two. The end of the match saw Rey Mysterio connect with the 619 before attempting to go for the West Coast Pop, but Finlay moved out of the way and Mysterio took down the referee! Finlay then grabbed his shillelagh and clocked it over the head of Rey Mysterio. Finlay then went to wake the ref up as KANE SPRINTS TO THE RING! Finlay sees this and awaits the Big Red Machine, and the two men go at it with Kane getting the better of Finlay. Finlay however stops Kane’s momentum, when he kicks Kane in his injured leg (Which Finlay caused at Unforgiven). Finlay then went for the Celtic Cross on Kane, but Kane slides off and connects with a CHOKESLAM! Kane then pulls Mysterio ontop of Finlay and leaves the ring, as the referee recovers and makes the three count!

Winner: Rey Mysterio in 11:17

Cole: Rey Mysterio has done it! Rey Mysterio will get another chance at No Mercy, as Rey Mysterio will take on Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship!

JBL: I don’t believe it Finlay had the match won, he got screwed out of a title shot. And because of Kane we are going to have to see an undeserving man, like Rey Mysterio get a title shot against a great champion like Edge.

Cole: Are we three weeks away from seeing Rey Mysterio become the World Heavyweight Champion, for a second time.

JBL: If it does happen, he won’t deserve it. He has had his title shot at Summerslam and he lost fair and square.

Cole: Well like it or not partner, he has earned a title shot at No Mercy. And talking about title shots, after the break Jamie Noble will defend his Cruiserweight Championship against Kid Kash.

Commercial Break

Kid Kash’s music hits, and Kash makes his way down to the ring to a nice pop from the crowd. He comes down, looking very confident that he can pick up his forth win over Noble and win the Cruiserweight Title.

Cole: In the last three weeks, Kid Kash has picked up three pinfall victories over the Cruiserweight Champion Jamie Noble. And he has rightfully earned a title shot against Noble tonight, and Jamie Noble must not be very confident ahead of this match.

JBL: He has beaten Jamie Noble three times in a row, but can he do it when the lights are shining bright and the gold is on the line.

“Slam Smack” hits and Jamie Noble makes his way down to the ring, to some decent heat from the crowd. Jamie Noble does not look too confident as he makes his way down, realising his title reign could be under threat.

Match 4
Cruiserweight Championship
Jamie Noble © v Kid Kash

We get another very good bout here, with Noble and Kash putting on a better encounter than they did on Smackdown two weeks ago. We saw some very nice back and forth technical wrestling to start the match off. Jamie Noble seemed to get the better of Kash, however Kash came back and quickened the match pace, after a springboard dropkick. Kash then proceeded to go through his move set, coming close to victory on several occasions, only for Jamie Noble to kick out at two at each occasion. Kid Kash made a big mistake when he climbed up to the top rope, as he spent too much time up there, allowing Jamie Noble to rush up to the top rope, and connect with a Belly to Belly Suplex off the top rope! Jamie Noble then started to work over the back of Kash, keeping the match down on the ground playing a smart game. Jamie Noble ever so nearly took the victory, when he connected with a Tilt a Whirl Backbreaker onto Kid Kash, but somehow Kash kicked out at two. Jamie Noble went to finish off the match with a Tiger Driver, but Kash countered into a Back Body Drop. Kid Kash then started to get back into the match. The ending saw Kid Kash connect with the Brain buster, before climb up to the top rope. He went for the Frog Splash, but Jamie Noble rolled out of the way. Kid Kash then got to his feet, only to be met with a Low Blow by Jamie Noble! The referee had no other choice but to call for the bell, with the crowd not liking the decision one bit.

Winner: Kid Kash via DQ in 8:06 (Jamie Noble retains his Championship)

After the match Jamie Noble locks on a Dragon Sleeper with Bodyscissors hold onto Kid Kash, squeezing away at a lifeless Kid Kash as the referee tries to pull Noble off Kash. Jamie Noble chokes out Kash with the hold, not allowing Kash to breathe, as for the second time in the night referee’s come down to stop the Submission Hold. Kash starts to fade away, and can clearly see a bit of blood coming from his mouth as he is being choked out, Finally Jamie Noble lets go of Kash, and he raises his belt in the air to big heat. Jamie Noble puts his belt in the face of Kid Kash, and tells him that will be the closest he will ever get to the Cruiserweight Championship. Jamie Noble then leaves the ring and makes his way to the back, as we go to a commercial.

Commercial Break

When we get back from commercial we can see William Regal in the ring, with two young men standing either side of him, ready to wrestle, with the Major Brothers on the opposite side of the ring.

Regal: Hello to all of my fans in Atlanta Georgia!

Heat as William Regal waves to the crowd.

Regal: I know it’s great for all you people to see me, but let me say it is not great to see you.

Big heat

Regal: But don’t worry I have brought some light to this miserable town. Because what you’re looking at in this ring, is the future of the WWE. What you are looking at is the three finest wrestlers of all time.

Big Heat

Regal: Because you have got me William Regal.

More heat for Regal

Regal: And I would like to introduce you to these two men, Drew McIntyre and Paul Burchill, we are the UK Connection.

Crowd gives heat as Burchill and McIntyre clap on Regal.

Regal: And tonight these two Gentlemen are going to beat those two American Tarts over there.

The crowd boos, but that quickly changes to pops when an infuriated Brian and Brett Major attack Burchill and McIntyre, and the referee calls for the bell.

Match 5
Tag Team Match
Major Brothers v UK Connection

We get a rather short match here, with a lot of matches to fit into a two-hour show. It was basically a squash match to help get the debuting Drew McIntyre and the re-debuting Paul Burchill over the boring Major Brothers. We see some nice double team moves by McIntyre and Burchill who show a lot of potential, as William Regal watches on from ringside. The ending of the match saw McIntyre connect with a Swinging Side Slam into a Sit out face buster on Brian Major. Brett Major is then taken off the ring apron as Paul Burchill connects with the C-4 for the victory.

Winners: Drew McIntyre and Paul Burchill in 3: 50

Cole: What a debut for this young Tag Team of Paul Burchill and Drew McIntyre.

JBL: That was impressive Cole, these two men are future tag team champions, and with William Regal by their side they are ones for the future.

We then go backstage to see MVP in his locker room preparing for his match tonight, when Matt Hardy walks into the Locker Room. MVP gets off his feet and greets Matt Hardy..

MVP: Hey Matt how are you doing.

MVP goes to shake his hand, but Hardy doesn’t move a muscle and locks eyes with MVP. MVP looks behind him before realising that Hardy is looking at him. MVP tries to cut the tension by forcing a hug on Matt Hardy before speaking again.

MVP: It’s great to see you man, come on we tore those British Punks apart last Sunday. We are the greatest Tag Team Champions of ALL TIME!

Mixed reaction

MVP: It was great man kicking William Regal in the Head and connecting with the Franchise Move of the WWE, the Playmak..

Hardy: Do you know what also was great, me dropping you with the Twist of Fate!

Crowd pops, as MVP looks shocked at Hardy’s comments. MVP then forces a smile on his face.

MVP: Hey you don’t need to worry about that, it was an accident and I will let you off. You would of never hit the Twist of Fate on purpose to the man who is the captain of this time, The Franchise Player, half man half amazing, and the man who is flat out BALLIN!

MVP jumps up and pretends to shoot the hoop, getting heat from the crowd.

MVP: But next time Matt I might not be so forgiving, because we need to work as a team.

Hardy: We need to work as a team? We are not a team. I was forced to team with you, and MVP there is one thing, which I want. Your United States Championship!

Crowd Pops as MVP shakes his head to Hardy, obviously not wanting a title shot.

MVP: No Wa…

Hardy: And MVP if you don’t accept my challenge for a US Title Shot next week, I am going to forfeit my half of the Tag Team Championships!

Crowd Pops as MVP looks like he is about to lose it.

Hardy: And you can fight alone.

Crowd Pops as MVP realises that he is in a tight position here.

MVP: You want a match Matt? Well you have got it!

Huge pops to the announcement as Matt Hardy smiles, looking a little shocked that the challenge was accepted.

MVP: But when I beat your Punk Ass next week, and prove to the world THAT I AM BETTER THAN YOU!

Big Heat

MVP: You will go back playing second fiddle to the greatest Superstar of all time, M-V-P!

Matt Hardy: Is that so?

MVP: Yeah your damn right it is.

Matt Hardy: Well after next week MVP. They won’t be calling you the Most Valuable Player, but the Most Valuable Loser!

MVP and Matt Hardy then lock eyes with neither man moving a flinch. We then cut to a commercial Break.

Commercial Break

When we get back from commercial we can see Kenny Dykstra in the ring preparing for this upcoming contest.

“WOOO” Ric Flair’s music hits, and the Nature Boy comes out in robe, to a big pop from the crowd. Flair struts down to the ring, before entering the ring.

Match 6
Singles Match
Kenny Dykstra v Ric Flair

We get a rather short solid match here, with Kenny Dykstra putting on a good effort against the legend, Ric Flair. After a back and forth start to the match, Kenny Dykstra took control of the match, and started to work over the neck and head area of the Nature Boy. But the match turns on it’s head, when Ric Flair rolls out of the way as Kenny Dykstra goes for the Guillotine Leg Drop. Ric Flair then got into the swing of things, hitting his normal routine of moves. Ric Flair then went to finish Dykstra off with the Figure 4 Leg Lock when Ric Flair’s own entrance music hits over the speakers. Ric Flair stands up and asks himself what the hell. Then OUTSTEPS CHAVO GUERRERO DRESSED EXACTLY LIKE RIC FLAIR! Chavo mocks Ric Flair, doing Flair’s strut before shouting out “Whooooo”. This distracts Flair and from behind Kenny Dykstra rolls up Flair getting a handful of tights 1…….2……3!

Winner: Kenny Dykstra in 5:05

After the match Kenny Dykstra flees out of the ring, raising his arm up in celebration. Meanwhile in the ring Ric Flair looks on at Chavo, looking very pissed off that Chavo cost him the match, and also came out mocking Flair. Ric Flair challenges Chavo to get in the ring, but Chavo just mocks Flair some more before going to the back.

We then go backstage to see Kristal Marshall standing by the World Heavyweight Champion Edge.

Kristal: Edge, you have a match in a few moments time, but earlier tonight Rey Mysterio earned the right to face you at No Mercy for the World Heavyweight Title.

Crowd Pops

Kristal: Edge how do you feel about-facing Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Title?

Edge: Rey Mysterio? Is this some sort of joke? The best opponent you can get for the greatest World Heavyweight Champion of all time is Rey friggin Nacho Munching Mysterio!

Crowd Boos

Edge: Kristal Rey Mysterio is the most pathetic WWE superstar of all time! His whole career has been one total FLUKE! When he won the Royal Rumble, that was a fluke. When he became World Heavyweight Champion, that was a fluke. In fact every win he has ever had, was a TOTAL UTTER FLUKE!

Crowd Boos

Edge: Rey Mysterio is pathetic! And at No Mercy I am going to bring you back to reality Rey, because there will be no fluke. There will be no dream win. All there is going to be is me bringing you back to reality, and giving you your most embarrassing defeat. Because I am going to go to No Mercy and beat you without even breaking a sweat, and I will walk out the World Heavyweight Champion!

Big heat for Edge who smiles, after giving his trademark maniacal, look during that speech.

Edge: And Kristal moving onto, huh no pun intended, BIGGER and better things, the match which is coming just in a few minutes. Batista you big dumb freak, earlier tonight you attacked me from behind, like the gutless coward you are. And because of your actions Dave, you are going to have to face both the United States Champion and the World Heavyweight Champion, all alone because no one likes you, and no one would team up with a big dumb freak like you.

Big Heat

Edge: Batista you want a Title Shot? Well Batista I can count on two hands the amount of times I have beaten you, and because of that you will never, EVER get a shot at my World Heavyweight Championship.

Big heat as Edge stares into the camera once more, in a maniacal tone as we go to a commercial Break.

Commercial Break

“I’m Comin” hits and the United States Champion MVP, comes down to the ring to some big heat from the crowd. As he makes his way down to ringside, Cole and JBL confirm that next week MVP will defend his US Title against Matt Hardy.

“Metalingus” hits and the World Heavyweight Champion Edge, comes down to some huge heat from the crowd. Edge gets in the ring and raises his World Title up in the air, before beginning to talk with his partner MVP.

“I Walk Alone” hits and Batista comes out to a big pop from the crowd, but not as big as the one he got to open the show off. Possibly due to some of his comments tonight, and his actions to Undertaker, at Unforgiven.

After a short wait “Slow Chemical” hits, and Kane comes down to the ring to a big pop from the crowd, revealing himself as Batista’s partner. Edge and MVP can not believe, and they start protesting to the referee about Kane being Batista’s partner.

Match 7
Tag Team Match
Edge and MVP v Kane and Batista

As you would expect from a match of this calibre, these four guys put on a very good main event to make sure the crowd leave happy. The match focuses around the tension between Batista and Edge, with Edge avoiding Batista at all costs, unless Batista is down on the mat. A lot of this match sees MVP in the ring, and even though at times he struggles against the two Monsters, he shows some credibility giving both men a good fight, as Edge would rather watch from the ring apron. Kane and Batista make an explosive start to the contest, with their size and power advantage coming into play. But a bit of hostility is shown between Kane and Batista, after Batista knocks Kane off the ring apron when MVP throws Batista into him. Kane and Batista just seconds later have a confrontation, and the heels do a good job, as Edge distracts the referee as MVP low blows both men. MVP and Edge then do a good job of working on the injured leg of Kane, which was injured by Finlay at Unforgiven thanks to his Shillelagh. On multiple occasions Kane starts to fight back, only for the illegal man of either Edge or MVP to chop block Kane in the back of the knee, as frustration begins to build with Batista, as he cannot get into the match.

It looks like the work on Kane’s injured leg was going to pay off, when Edge locked on the Edgeucator onto Kane. Kane somehow fought on, and grabbed the bottom rope. Kane then got back into the match when he caught Edge with a Big Boot as he went for the Spear and he tags in Batista. Batista finally got his hands on Edge and started tearing him apart cleaning house. Batista connected with the Spinebuster and then goes to follow that with the Batista Bomb but MVP makes the save. A big brawl then ensued between the two teams when FINLAY SPRINTED TO THE RING! Finlay then dragged Kane under the bottom rope to the outside, and the two brawlers went at it leaving Batista on his own. Immediately MVP and Edge start double-teaming Batista. This is until “Booyaka 619” hits and REY MYSTERIO SPRINTS TO THE RING! Edge meets Mysterio at the bottom of the ramp, and the two men who will collide at No Mercy go at it. This leaves MVP alone in the ring with Batista, and he falls victim to the Batista Bomb. Batista then hooks the legs and gets the victory

Winners: Batista and Kane in 11:43

Straight after the match, the mayhem continues. Finlay and Kane brawl backstage, as Rey Mysterio takes Edge down with a clothesline on the outside. Mysterio then climbs to the ring apron, and connects with a Springboard Moonsault onto a Standing Edge on the outside! As Mysterio raises Edge’s World Heavyweight Championship in the air, Batista celebrates his victory in the ring. Rey Mysterio goes to the back as Batista is cut off in the ring as the arena goes dark..

GONG

The crowd erupts, as Batista smiles in the ring and tells Undertaker to come down to the ring, when he is cut by a familiar voice over the speakers.

Undertaker: BATISTA!

Crowd Pops

Undertaker: Last Sunday you dared to go face to face with the Reaper.

GONG

The crowd erupts again as then a quick flash on the Titantron is shown of The Undertaker knocking Shawn Michaels off the side of the cell through the Announce Table, during their match at Bad Blood 1997. We then hear The Undertaker speaking again.

Undertaker: Batista, over the years there have been many dragons who tried to lay siege to my Kingdom. And those Dragons all suffered the same fate, they were all SENT TO HELL!

GONG

We then see some quick flashes of moments from Undertaker’s Hell in a Cell Match with Mankind, including Undertaker throwing him off the cell and Choke slamming him through the ring.

Undertaker: One by one, people have stepped into my Hell, and one by one I have destroyed their Rotting Souls.

GONG

We then see quick flashes from Armageddon 2000 where Undertaker Chokeslams Rikishi off the Hell in a Cell, onto the back of a pick up truck.

Undertaker: And Batista now it is your turn!

Huge Pops

GONG

We are then shown flashes of all of Undertaker’s moments from those Hell in a Cell Matches, and more.

Undertaker: Batista……You……Me…..No Mercy……..HELL IN A CELL!

The crowd erupts into a huge pop, as Batista looks on slightly angry but slightly confident about his date of destiny with The Undertaker. But Batista is then cut off when a Lightning Bolt hits the ring, which collapses under Batista’s feet! Batista angrily gets to his feet and challenges The Undertaker, to come down to the ring as Smackdown comes to an end.

END OF SHOW

Smackdown Results
Billy Kidman and Jimmy Wang Yang beat Shannon Moore and Frankie Kazarian in 6:29
Stevie Richards beats Chris Masters in 5:51 via DQ
Rey Mysterio defeats Finlay in 11:17
Kid Kash beats Jamie Noble via DQ in 8:06 (Jamie Noble retains the Cruiserweight Championship)
Drew McIntyre and Paul Burchill beat the Major Brothers in 3: 50
Kenny Dykstra beats Ric Flair in 5:05
Batista and Kane beat Edge and MVP in 11:43