Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE: Turning The Corner

View Single Post

Old 01-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
Szumi
save_btb IC2.0 <3

Szumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missed
Default Re: WWE: Turning The Corner

Iím jumping straight into the BTB, so donít expect a review of beefy goodness. Just want to return the review and try to get into the BTB.

The Tag Titles wouldíve made for an excellent opening match, great choice for a curtain jerker. Lots of cool spots in the match, and the ending was pretty darn killer. ĎRana into a Ďbomb is pretty sweet in and of itself, but when from the top turnbuckle, it gets even better. Solid writing, solid opener.

The Coach and Vinnie Mac segment was pretty much filler, while I like the heel tease with Batista. Batistaís pretty bland as a face, so if he does turn heel, Iíd like it.

Umaga/Hardy is a match that no matter what, I will love and hate the ending. I would like to see both men go over, but it just wonít happen. And actually, the ending ended up being worse than what I wouldíve wanted, as I felt Hardy ended up looking terribly weak by losing via KO in under 10 minutes. These 2 guys are definitely two men who could be pushed well, so Iím not fond of one being buried like this. However, Iíll take Umaga going over like this still. Heís a beast. Fuck Samoa Joe; Umagaís the real Samoan machine.

Anyone else see the problem in CM Punk being an ECW original? Yes? Okay, good. As for the other promoÖ if you have Cena get hurt like IRL, Iíll R&R every show heís out for. Promise. :P

The ECW match was pretty much bad ass. Lots of killer spots, although the guitar spot irked me; guitar = Jeff Jarrett = TNAÖ I wouldíve loved it if you had Thorn no-sell it. That wouldíve been gold. Morrisonís springboard moony through the tables, the Crucifix Bomb, although RVDís lack of selling was a bit mehÖ ring psychology was forgotten in this match, sire. Trash can instead of steel chair for the Van Terminator? BOO~! Cool to see the VT busted out for the finish, although I still didnít like the lack of psychology.

Fun Orton promo, although some typoís and grammatical errors threw me off; had to re-read the ending portions two or three additional times. Tíwas obnoxious to do so.

The SD Tag Titles match was el stinko; there was just nothing really interesting about it. Iím not a big SD fan to begin with, and MVP is not someone I like, and Taylor is bleh. Glad to see the oddball duo retain the Belts, and Hardy hitting the Twist of Fate on MVP was a nice touch, although makes the challengers look like bitches for not being able to capitalize on it.

I definitely wouldíve liked to see a longer match between Booker and Trips, and the ending being out of nowhere. However, I like King Bookah having some shades of Booker T in the match; Booker T > King Booker.

Edgeís promo was nice, but not much to say. I like the fired stipulation for Booker, and I can actually see Booker possibly losing, TBH.

Iím not sure why, but the WHC match just didnít interest me too whole much. Probably because Iím just jumping into it. I knew from the get-go Kane and Finlay had no chance of winning, so that may have hindered me as well. However, I did like the cheap ending with Edge crawling onto Kane for the pin after Finlay dumped himself & Rey over the top rope. Edge didnít even have to do anything, but he walks away Champ. I can dig it. And Rey doesnít take the pin, which I also like because heís the only legit WHC contender out of the 3 challengers.

The LSM match was pretty darn sweetÖ I liked the little spot where Cena got up before ten, and then fell back down. I could see some controversy in that, as Cena did fail to meet the count fully by falling back down again. Didnít like how quickly some of the guys recovered from a few spots, i.e. the FU on the ring steps, but alas. Vinny Mac helping out Orton/screwing Cena was pretty wicked, but Iím not sure if I love or hate the fact Cena didnít go down right after McMahon screwed him. Kennedy coming to help screw Cena WOULD have been awesome if you didnít fuck up the typing so bad. Ken Kennedy smashes the chair across the back of Kennedy? Kennedy smashes the chair across the skull of Kennedy? That KILLS that whole entire screw job. However, tying Cenaís feet to the bottom rope was a pretty creative touch, and a great way to make Cena look like a champ while still losing.

I donít really like Y2J as the bastard son, TBH. So much is known about Jericho, the son of the Rangers hockey player (Ted Irvine?), etc. Wouldíve liked to just see Kennedy be the bastard son and be done with it. Jericho couldíve easily made his return to save everyone from Vinny Mac and co. Meh to the ending.

Overall, a good PPV for what it was; me having no prior knowledge of what was going down. Some nice matches like the opener, ECW match, and the LMS match. You botched some shit though, especially in that Last Man Standing match, that really hurt the execution and performance of everything. And, the Jericho thing was a bit of a let down, although, it was something different, so I can accept that. Iíll continue to try and R&R in the future though, as there is definitely some stuff that has my interest. I enjoyed your work with FD, and I look to enjoy your stuff solo.

My Awards:
2008 - Best PPV - Starrcade
2008, 2007, & 2006 - Best Promo Writer
2007 & 2006 - Best Promo(s)
2007 - Most Creative
2007 - Best Feedbacker
2006 & 2007 BTB World Cup - Top Overall Scorer
2007 BTB World Cup - Booker of the Tournament
Only Person to Ever Score Perfect Score in a Tournament
BTB Hall of Famer

World Championship Wrestling 2001 - The Trio Ownership
This was The Trio Ownership; I did it a long time ago, for a long time. T'was a good ready, I think. People liked it and stuff.