Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2007 & Beyond - Doin' It To Death

View Single Post

Old 08-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #1328 (permalink)
DDMac
I mark for me

DDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whore
Default Re: 2007 & Beyond - The Second Fucking Coming

ohey im back

Friday Night SmackDown! - July 27th, 2007; Fresno, California

“Congratulations … you’ve got my undivided attention.”

Delicate Dave

A video package plays, highlighting all which took place at last Sunday night’s Great American PPV - William Regal defeating CM Punk with the brass knucks, ending his undefeated streak; Jamie Noble retaining the CW Title against Kid Kash and Chris Sabin; Finlay finally ending his war with Mark Henry, defeating The Silverback in a Steel Cage Match; Bobby Lashley relinquishing the U.S. Title, with Matt Hardy defeating Jeff Hardy and Christopher Daniels to win it minutes later; Rey Mysterio defeating Chavo Guerrero in a classic twenty minute match, putting their feud behind them; The Carolina Connection FINALLY capturing the WWE Tag Team Titles by defeating The Hooligans in a MOTYC; and in the main event, The Rock becomes the number one contender for the World Title, pinning Batista in a tag team match, that also featured KK as Rock’s partner and Cena as Batista’s. After the match, however, ‘The Game’ Triple H came from the crowd and Pedigreed World Champion Mr. Kennedy.

After the usual opening video and pyro, we’re brought to the announce position with our commentators, Joey Styles, Tazz and Michael Cole. The three men run down the card, consisting of Mr. Kennedy vs. Ric Flair in a non-title match, an in-ring interview with the new WWE Tag Team Champions, The Carolina Connection, CM Punk vs. Santino Marella, Chavo Guerrero vs. Elijah Burke, CW Champion Jamie Noble & Simon Dean vs. Chris Sabin & Kid Kash, and Finlay vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Jeff Hardy to crown a U.S. Title contender to face new champion, Matt Hardy, at SummerSlam.

***TURN UP THE TROUBLE***

The crowd erupts as the World Heavyweight Champion Mr. Kennedy steps out onto the stage, dressed to compete with a “Talk Loud, Hit Harder” cutoff t-shirt on as well. With the World Title draped over his right shoulder, Kennedy looks none too happy, chomping on his gum, as he continues on down the ramp, and steps into the ring. His custom microphone begins to lower from the ceiling, but KK waves it off. He then calls for a mic from ringside, and is soon handed one by Tony Chimel. Kennedy’s music begins to die down as the champion paces around the ring amongst cheers from the audience. Finally, Kennedy brings the mic up to his mouth.

Mr. Kennedy: After last Sunday’s Great American Bash, we all know now that at SummerSlam, I will defend my World Heavyweight Championship against a man who I’ve wanted to face for a long time … a man who you people have wanted me to face for a long time … and a man that I would’ve chosen to face if I had picked up the deciding pin fall … and a man … that I respect. That man’s name … is The Rock.

~ Thunderous explosion for The Rock, as Kennedy’s irritated expression doesn’t change in the least.

Mr. Kennedy: And you’d think … you’d think that I’d be a little more excited about facing The Rock in just a few weeks … but at the moment … my mind isn’t focused on The Rock … Hell, it isn’t even focused on my World Heavyweight Championship … Because the Great American Bash didn’t end with a handshake between Rock and myself. Didn’t end with one of those main-event stare downs. It ended … with me face down on the canvas … after being Pedigreed … by Triple H.

~ Big-time heat for The Game, as Kennedy rubs his chin.

Mr. Kennedy: I don’t know if this big-nosed prick thinks that he’s gonna send Stephanie a message by Pedigreeing her World Champion, but-

~ KK turns towards the hard camera.

Mr. Kennedy: Hunter, let me ‘splain something to ya right now. I am not the guy you want to piss off. People don’t use me to send messages … I send the freakin’ messages! And the most important message is the one that you need to listen to right now. The next time I see you, I will make it my business to kick your overrated … overhyped … overexposed … Ric Flair - SLASH - Harley Race-wannabe ass up and down this arena.

~ Thunderous pop, as KK continues to glare into the camera.

Mr. Kennedy: Now … if you don’t believe me, you-

***IF YA SMELL***

The audience explodes into a phenomenal ovation, as The Rock enters the arena, adorned in his shades, a black ‘Just Bring It’ shirt, and pair of sweats. Rocky takes a second on the stage to stare around at the applauding fans, as KK looks at Rock with skepticism, chewing his gum. Rocky continues on down to the ring, and climbs the steps, before scaling one of the turnbuckles, and raises his arm up to another monster ovation. Rock then climbs down and calls for a microphone. He gets tossed one, as his music begins to die down.

The Rock: FINALLY, THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO FRESCO, CALIFOR-NI-A!!!

~ Thunderous cheap pop for The Great One.

The Rock: Oh, but that’s not all The Rock has come back to. Apparently, The Rock has come back to a very … disrespectful Mr. Kennedy.

~ KK raises an eyebrow.

The Rock: Don’t look at The Rock like that. It must be disrespect, it has to be. Because The Rock was listening to you out here, and you’re talking about that big-nosed jabroni Triple H, and talking about payback, and all this other crap. And that means … your attention is not 100% focused … on The Rock.

~ Rock takes his shades off, and hooks them on the front of his shirt.

The Rock: And not only is that disrespectful. Mr. Kennedy … it’s plain ol’ stupid.

~ OH!; Kennedy mouths “Oh really”, before adjusting the World Heavyweight Title on his shoulder.

The Rock: You don’t think The Rock could be focused on other things? Make no mistake about it, The Rock isn’t done with Marky Mark, John Cena. That S.O.B. took The Rock out, beat The Rock down, bloodied The Rock, did it ALL to The Great One, and if you think The Rock is happy with hitting him with a couple o’ Rock Bottoms, and having him run away, then you’re sadly mistaken.

~ Rock fights a scowl when he talks about Cena, but eventually recovers.

The Rock:
But that’s put on hold, and you had better smarten the hell up, and put this thing with Triple H on hold, or else The Rock will proceed to give you what you need, and that’s quite simply, to layeth the smacketh down all over that candy ass!!

~ Mixed reaction from the crowd, leaning towards cheers for The Great One, as Kennedy listens intently.

The Rock: Don’t get it twisted, The Rock likes you and all that, but that won’t mean a damn thing when SummerSlam rolls around on August 26th. Because when that night comes, the lights on bright, twenty thousand people goin wild, twenty thousand people chanting The Rock’s name-

~ “ROC-KY! ROC-KY! ROC-KY! ROC-KY!”

The Rock: When that night rolls around, nothing else matters except the World Heavyweight Championship.

~ KK nods a bit.

The Rock: Five years ago. Five long years ago, that’s when The Rock was last considered the best wrestler in the sport, the last time The Rock was a world champion in this business. And-

Mr. Kennedy: Ah, ah, ah, ah … ah … ah … AH!

~ Rock looks shocked that he’s been cut off, while Kennedy somewhat arrogantly taps his chin with his index finger.

Mr. Kennedy: I hate to cut you off, but that last time you’re talking about was uh … SummerSlam 2002, right? Yeah, that sounds like roughly five years ago. And that was when you lost the Undisputed Championship to a young … cocky … blonde-haired superstar, right?

~ Rock lets out a slight smile.

Mr. Kennedy: Well, Rocky … I’ve got good news, and I’ve got bad news. Let me start off by asking, what do you think the good news is?

The Rock: The Ro-

Mr. Kennedy: IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!

~ The crowd explodes with another mixed reaction, completely split 50/50 for KK stealing The Rock’s catchphrase. Kennedy smirks, as Rock looks like Kennedy just slapped him in the face.

Mr. Kennedy: The good news is, the Vanilla Gorilla’s not walking through that curtain. The bad news is, the result will be almost exactly the same.

~ Another mixed reaction.

Mr. Kennedy: Now, while I’m incredibly excited that you like me … I already have a girlfriend, whi-

~ The crowd laughs a bit as The Rock rolls his eyes.

Mr. Kennedy: Which means there’s very little you could offer me to stop me from leaving with this World Heavyweight Title still around this incredibly thin and gorgeous waist of mine.

~ Mixed reaction. Rock nods, before bringing the mic up.

The Rock: The Rock’s got some bad news of his own. The Rock’s not offering … anything. The Rock is walking into the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey, more focused, more determined than ever.

~ Kennedy rolls his eyes with a smirk.

Mr. Kennedy: Didn’t we hear this from you a few months ago?

The Rock: Yeah, but at SummerSlam, it’ll be different. They’ll be no Triple H getting in The Rock’s way. They’ll be no Ric Flair getting in The Rock’s way! You’ve got nobody backing you up! It’s one on one, mano a mano, for the biggest prize in the business! Which means that once The Rock looks across the ring at the mug of yours, there’s only one possible outcome! The Rock is gonna take his right boot, shine it up real nice, turn that sumbitch sideways and STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY ASS!!!

~ Another incredible mixed reaction, as KK still wears his smirk.

The Rock: And then … and then … The Rock will just simply TAKE your World Heavyweight Championship.

~ The crowd roars once again, as the smirk on KK’s face has disappeared for the most part, taking this rather seriously now.

The Rock: If ya smell … what The Rock … is cookin’.

~ The crowd cheers as Rock moves closer to Kennedy.

The Rock: Cookin’.

~ The audience continues to cheer, while Kennedy and Rock stare each other down in the middle of the ring. Kennedy turns his head and spits his gum out, sending it flying from the ring, before he turns back to The Rock and brings the mic up.

Mr. Kennedy: Congratulations … you’ve got my undivided attention.

~ The SummerSlam theme hits, while The Rock smiles and Kennedy drops the microphone. The crowd continues to buzz as the two superstars’ eyes remain locked on one another.

Our commentators hype up our main event with Mr. Kennedy taking on Mr. Money in the Bank, ‘The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair in a non-title match in the main event.

{Commercials}

*Backstage - Interview Area*

Josh Matthews stands by, microphone in hand.

Josh Matthews: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time … the NEW United States Champion … MATT HARDY!!

~ The crowd cheers as Matt Hardy comes into screenshot, wearing a black shirt, and his typical pants, title belt over his right shoulder.

Josh Matthews: Matt, Sunday at the Great American Bash, you managed to defeat Christopher Daniels and your brother, Jeff Hardy, to capture the vacant United States Championship, the same U.S. Title that Bobby Lashley was forced to relinquish moments before due to an injury at the hands of an attack. How are you feeling after this wild turn of events?

Matt Hardy: Honestly … I’ve got mixed emotions. On one hand, I’ve worked hard - I’ve worked damn hard to get where I am today. I’ve been put through tables, I’ve been hit with chairs, I’ve climbed ladders, jumped off cages, leaped off stages, and now here I stand the United States Champion!

~ The crowd pops in the background.

Matt Hardy: So, as you can imagine, I’m feelin’ pretty happy about it. But on the other hand … on the other hand, I’m pretty disappointed that I wasn’t able to beat Bobby Lashley to capture this championship on my shoulder.

~ Hardy rubs his chin.

Matt Hardy: So from now on, I expect there to be doubts about my title reign - there should be doubts about my title reign. And there’s only one way to get rid of those doubts. And that’s to go out to that ring, each and every night, and show exactly why Matt Hardy SHOULD be the United States Heavyweight Champion!

~ The crowd pops as Hardy slaps his title belt, and heads off camera. Styles, Tazz and Cole hype the number one contender’s triple threat match later tonight.

*Back to ringside*

1 - CM Punk vs. Santino Marella

Santino gets his first ring work on SmackDown, and he doesn’t get an easy one, taking on a fiery CM Punk, who’s fresh off of his first ever loss in the WWE at the hands of William Regal and a pair of brass knuckles. The charismatic Marella manages to get in some nice offensive maneuvers, but Punk is in the zone, furious and focused, and begins to dominate once he gets the match under control. The finish comes when Punk lays Santino out with the GO TO SLEEP, and covers him. 1... 2... NO!

WILLIAM REGAL BREAKS IT UP!! The referee calls for the bell.

Winner - Punk via disqualification at 5:29.

The bell may have sounded, but Regal is still all over Punk, quickly mounting the back of Punk, and begins to hammer away on his back, and the back of his head with lefts and rights!! The crowd boos furiously as the Englishman assaults the Straightedge Superstar with malicious intent. He lifts Punk up to his feet and drills him with a hard European uppercut, sending him into the corner with authority! He follows that up with a STIFF head butt, which not only sends Punk crumbling down against the bottom turnbuckle, but
BUSTS HIM OPEN the hard way!

Regal still doesn’t stop the brutality, rearing back and delivering a HARD KNEE RIGHT TO THE FACE OF PUNK … THEN ANOTHER … AND THEN ONE MORE!! With the back of his head against the turnbuckle, Punk can do nothing as the blood oozes from the newly created hole near the middle of his hairline. The crowd furiously boos the vicious Englishman, who now manages to have some of Punk’s blood on his gray suit. Regal STILL isn’t done, however, and grabs Punk by the leg, pulls him out of the corner, and into the middle of the ring, before LOCKING IN THE REGAL STRETCH!!!

A couple of refs run down to the ring, and attempt to pry the tenacious and vicious Englishman off of the young superstar … and finally, Regal lets go on his own, getting up, and looking at both Punk and the crowd with a disgusted scowl. The former United States Champion then smugly adjusts his tie, and leaves the ring, and the completely destroyed & bloody mess lying in the middle of it.

{Commercials}

Back from the break, footage plays of what went down during the break, with a couple of referees helping the bloodied and battered CM Punk back up the entrance ramp.

*Backstage - Batista/Flair Locker Room*

Dressed in an awesome orange robe, ‘The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair places his MITB briefcase down on the ground. Flair jogs a bit in place, before … ‘The Animal’ Batista gets right into his face! Batista wears one of his usually spiffy suits, face quivering, and the fury of his face shows vividly, even through his shades. Flair doesn’t look nervous, however, more sorrowful for the miscue which took place at the GAB.

After several intense moments…

…Big Dave lets out a smile, and slaps Flair on the shoulder.

Batista: You good?

~ Flair looks confused by Batista’s change of mood. So much so, he doesn’t even answer Dave right away.

Batista: (Laughing a bit) Earth to Naitch, come in.

~ Naitch snaps out of it.

Ric Flair: … yeah. Dave, about Sunday-

Batista: Look, Ric…

~ Batista takes his shades off.

Batista: I know it was a mistake. You were just looking out for me, and it didn’t work out this time. No biggie … they’ll be other times, other matches for the World Championship.

~ Flair nods, though still unconvinced.

Ric Flair: You sure you’re all right?

Batista: (Laughs) Ric, yeah, I’m fine. You make me sound like I’m this crazed nut when it comes to the World Title.

~ Flair jokingly wipes his forehead in relief.

Ric Flair: Alright. Your boy is supposed to be showing up here later, right?

Batista: Yeah … but tonight’s not about whether I’m good or not; tonight’s your night. You’re gonna show that punk, Mr. Kennedy, that The Nature Boy is like a fine wine, better with age, better than ever, and still the man!

~ Flair finally lets out a grin.

Ric Flair: WOOOO!!

Batista: What?

Ric Flair: WOOOOOOOO!!!

Batista: One more time, Naitch.

Ric Flair: WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THE NAITCHA’ BOY!!!! WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

~ Naitch dances around a bit, as Big Dave watches with a smile. Flair and Batista slap hands, and Flair turns around to head out of the locker room.

Batista: Wait, Ric.

~ Flair turns around … as Batista slowly bends down to grab the MITB briefcase. The Animal stares at the briefcase fixated, and speaks as if he’s in a trance, not even looking at Flair.

Batista: Forgot your briefcase.

Ric Flair: Thank ya.

~ Flair grabs the briefcase, and looks to turn around and leave, but Batista doesn’t loosen his grip, causing Naitch to stay put. The Nature Boy looks at Big Dave quizzically, but Batista doesn’t share the glance, still focused on the MITB.

Ric Flair: Hey, Earth to Dave.

~ Batista finally looks up.

Batista: Yeah?

Ric Flair: Briefcase?

Batista: (Shaking his head) Oh.

~ Batista lets go, and Flair looks to head out once more … only to turn back around.

Ric Flair: You sure you’re all right?

~ Batista nods, and Flair turns to leave the locker room. The Animal then rubs his chin, in thought, before he puts his shades back on as we cut away.

*Back to ringside*

2 - Tag Team Match
Chris Sabin|Kid Kash
vs. Cruiserweight Champ Jamie Noble|Simon Dean

The three most visible members of the current Cruiserweight Division (and Simon Dean) give you exactly what you’d expect out of a tag match involving the lot of them, a solid, fast-paced contest. Surprisingly, a potential tension angle between Kid Kash and Chris Sabin isn’t played up, and instead, the Notorious K.I.D. plays it straight throughout, taking on Dean and Noble head on. The finish comes when Sabin and Dean, the legal men, end up in the ring by their lonesome, when Kash takes out the Cruiserweight Champion with a PLANCHA!! Of course, poor Simon takes the fall, after being planted with a Cradle Shock!!

Winner - Kid Kash & Chris Sabin via pin fall at 6:06.

As Sabin pumps his fist on the inside of the ring, Kash hammers away on Noble on the outside of the ring, still pretty upset about Noble stealing his victory at the GAB. Finally, Jamie manages to escape, fleeing around ringside, and towards the entrance ramp. Kash picks up the redneck’s title belt, and flings it over the ring, and onto the entrance ramp, before shouting a couple of words at the fleeing champion.

{Commercials}

*Backstage - Hallway*

The vicious Englishman, William Regal, angrily storms down the corridor, as Kristal Marshall attempts to catch up with him.

Kristal Marshall: Mr. Regal! Mr. Regal! Can I have a word?

~ Regal angrily turns around.

William Regal: What in the bloody hell do you want!?

Kristal Marshall: Can you explain your actions on CM Punk earlier tonight?

William Regal: Explain myself? Explain myself? Let me tell you something, princess, I explain myself to no one.

~ Regal wipes his mouth, and coincidentally, it’s the same hand that still has a bit of CM Punk’s blood on it.

William Regal: But I will say this, I am bloody sick and tired of the way this brand is being run! Namely, right into the ground! Last night, at the Great American Bash, I ended CM Punk’s undefeated streak in this company, as clean as a whistle.

~ Kristal raises an eyebrow, but Regal continues.

William Regal: But yet, that miserable wench that we have for a general manager puts CM Punk in a match here tonight, instead of the greatest technical wrestler we have walking down these halls … me! So I took it upon myself to send him, and Stephanie McMahon, and anyone else listening a message. You don’t-

~ Regal and Kristal turn to their left … to see Booker T, Monty Brown, Elijah Burke and Sharmell walk up to them. Regal immediately brings his fists up.

William Regal: You want some of this too, sunshine?

Booker T: Take it easy, Regal. If we wanted ta’ whoop yo’ ass, ya’ woulda’ had yo’ ass whooped already. I’m here on business.

~ Regal looks at Booker skeptically, fists still balled up.

Booker T: Y’see, me and you seem ta’ be on da’ same page when it come ta’ this Stephanie McMahon sitcha’ation … ‘n’ we ain’t da’ only ones.

~ Regal continues to look at Booker quizzically … before finally bringing his hands down…

*Back to ringside*

***MY TIME IS NOW***

A thunderous mixed reaction echoes around the arena as ‘The Boss’ John Cena steps out onto the stage, dawned in a pair of green camouflage pants, his black cap, shirtless, scowl on his face. Cena takes a long look around the arena, before he marches down toward the ring with a purpose. The Doctor of Thuganomics slides on into the ring, and quickly growls for a microphone. He’s handed one by Chimel, as his music begins to die down. The Boss brings the mic up.

John Cena: So I guess you all must be pretty happy, huh?

~ Crowd pops, more so due to the annoyed look on Cena’s face than for a legitimate reason.

John Cena: Five days after the Great American Bash, four weeks before SummerSlam, and The Boss … is not the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship.

~ Mixed reaction, leaning towards cheers.

John Cena: Of course you idiots are happy. Puppets.

~ Boos from the crowd, while Cena paces back and forth in the ring a bit.

John Cena: But let me see if I’ve got this down. The Rock shows up after not showing his face for years. Once he gets here, he doesn’t do squat for months, gets a lucky win against Triple H at WrestleMania, which I already did in far more convincing fashion, gets his ass BEAT DOWN at Backlash, at the hands of yours truly by the way, and now … he’s the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Title?

~ Cena holds his hands out, almost as if he’s waiting for an explanation. Considering he’s the only one with a mic, he doesn’t get one. ~____~

John Cena: John Cena gets left in the dark? After all of the merch’ I’ve moved for this company, after my name single-handedly sold out this arena tonight, and EVERY arena we’ve been in for the last two years, after the arena I just stacked to the gills last Sunday freakin’ NIGHT, The Boss can’t get a one-on-one shot at the World Heavyweight Championship!?

~ Cena’s face has gotten significantly redder than it was when he first started speaking, riled up.

John Cena: I’ve beaten Triple H. I’ve beaten, bloodied and destroyed The Rock. I’ve beaten, bloodied and destroyed The Undertaker. I’ve beaten, bloodied and destroyed Mr. Kennedy. Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, JBL, Booker T, Edge and anybody else you can think of, have all fallen at the feet of the Doctor of Thuganomics, and every dime I’ve made this company has risen to the top, but yet … I still don’t see a damn one-on-one SHOT!?

~ The face of The Doctor of Thuganomics now trembles with rage. Cena attempts to take a breath and compose himself as he continues to pace in the ring. The Boss reaches up and turns his hat around backward.

John Cena: After all of the crap that I put up with from (points around arena) all you people for years…

~ Smart-ass pop from the crowd.

John Cena: With the crap that I put up with from these idiot critics, insiders, management, and anybody with a hole in the middle of their face, John Cena still gets treated like second-rate crap? John Cena still gets treated like a bitch by Vince and Stephanie?

~ Cena shakes his head with a smile.

John Cena: Well, guess what? I tried to be Mr. Nice Guy, and bust my ass for this place. Unlike Triple H, I showed up here to work every single day, and destroyed everything in my path. Still … nothing. Unlike The Undertaker, I show up to all the house shows, all of these awful autograph signings, all of these shitty events … and STILL … nothing.

~ The smarks respond for the cheap shots, as Cena simply shakes his head.

John Cena: But I’m beginning to see what’s happened. John Cena … The Boss … has been pimped.

~ A few in the crowd laugh; Cena doesn’t.

John Cena: Yeah, I’ve been pimped by the McMahons. I come out to this ring, make their wallets fatter, make that money, but at the end of the day, I’m left with nothin’! Those pricks slap my face on posters, lunchboxes, programs, magazines, anything they can get their ‘Mick’ hands on, but yet I don’t have that twenty pounds of gold on my shoulder.

~ Cena doesn’t get to go on for too much longer as a loud “CENA SUCKS” chant rings out around the arena. The Boss looks around, shaking his head in disgust.

John Cena: See? This is exactly what I’m talking about.

~ A few try to start a ‘Cena’ chant … but it’s too late; Cena’s pissed.

John Cena: As far as I’m concerned, you people can kiss my pasty, white ass.

~ OH; The Cena contingent pops huge, and the rest boo.

John Cena: If The Rock gets respect after taking his ball and going home for four years … then that’s what I’ll do.

~ Stunned, the crowd remain silent. Cena takes his hat and turns it back to its proper position, before bringing the mic back up.

John Cena: See you in twenty-eleven.

~ Cena flips the mic down to the canvas, and the fans aren’t quite sure how to react to the megastar. The Boss’ music hits once more, and he slides out of the ring, before heading back up the entrance ramp…

Michael Cole: 2011? He can’t be serious…

Tazz: He feels disrespected … I guess.

Joey Styles: John Cena knew the stipulation going into the match. Rock won, Cena didn’t, Rock gets the World Title shot, end of story. I don’t see how The Boss has a leg to stand on…

{Commercials}

*Backstage - GM’s Office*

Stephanie McMahon, dressed in a suit, sitting at her desk, has her cell phone in front of her, apparently on speaker.

Stephanie McMahon: John … what the hell are you doing to me?

John Cena: You heard what I said.

Stephanie McMahon: Listen to me-

~ Click. Cena hangs up.

Stephanie McMahon: John? John!? CENA!?

~ Steph angrily picks up the phone, and looks ready to toss it against a nearby wall in frustration, but soon calms down. Steph then gets up grabs a couple of papers off of her desk and jogs towards the door, probably attempting to catch up with Cena. Once McMahon opens it … a rather attractive and voluptuous blonde waits at the door. She’s dressed in a suit … sort of. The skirt of hers comes up to the upper thigh, while the shirt is as low-cut as it can get. Steph looks at her rather confused for what seems like an eternity … still, the blonde says nothing.

Stephanie McMahon: Would you like for me to guess what you’re thinking?

Blonde woman: Oh … (laughs nervously)I am nervous. I am here for … interview assistant.

~ Steph wipes her brow.

Stephanie McMahon: You’re Maryse?

Maryse: Yes!

~ Steph shakes her head, rolls up her right sleeve and looks at her watch.

Stephanie McMahon: You’re about … oh, I don’t know … 12 hours late.

Maryse: But … Mr. McMahon said 9.

Stephanie McMahon: (Increasingly annoyed) A.M. Not in the middle of the program I have to run. (Sighs) Alright, I-

~ Steph’s phone rings again.

Stephanie McMahon: You want an interview? (Stephanie hands Maryse the phone) Impress me by learning to take a message. I’ll be right back. I have to catch up with my immature cash cow.

~ Steph takes off past Maryse and down the hallway, as the lovely blonde answers the phone.

*Back to ringside*

3 - Elijah Burke w/Monty Brown vs. Chavo Guerrero

Booker & Sharmell are noticeably missing from ringside, while Burke and Chavo, two more than capable superstars, put on a very solid, albeit somewhat short contest. Guerrero seems to be reinvigorated after his tremendous match with Rey Mysterio, with his head ‘back on straight’, and most of the crowd in his corner. The Express puts up a solid effort, but eventually folds once he misses his Elijah Express finishing maneuver in the corner, once Guerrero ducked out of the way, causing Burke’s knees to slam into the turnbuckles! Chavito follows that up with a simple school boy, and manages to get the three count over one-half of The New Breed.

Winner - Chavo Guerrero via pin fall at 6:35.

Chavito gets up to his feet, and has his hand raised, getting a nice reaction from the crowd. Guerrero doesn’t get to celebrate for long, as he’s soon spun around, and tossed into the ropes!!! Guerrero comes back and … … … {wait for it} … … … POOOOOOUNCE~!~!!

The Alpha Male takes Chavo down with his highly explosive finishing maneuver. Burke gets back up to his feet, and The New Breed begin to stomp away on the former Cruiserweight Champion while the crowd roundly boos the young tandem.

The audience’s reacrion soon does a complete 180° , as REY MYSTERIO sprints down to the ring!!! Rey-Rey slides in, and The New Breed immediately look for a double clothesline, but Mysterio ducks it, leaps up onto the middle rope, and leaps off, GOING FOR A MOONSAULT … BUT BROWN CATCHES HIM!!! That takes the air out of the crowd, and Monty carries him around the ring with a huge smile on his face … but REY COUNTERS that into an arm drag, sending Brown down!!

The crowd roars and Mysterio immediately gets back up to his feet, and backs up, hands up. Brown gets up to his feet, pissed, and joins Burke. Both young stars begin to close in on Rey … but …

“MONTY! ELIJAH!”

The two youngsters turn their heads towards the entrance ramp … and see Booker T waving them his way. The Alpha Male and The Express look back at Rey (and a recovering Chavo), and then back to Booker, who yells “COME ON”, and soon enough, Brown and Burke leave the ring to heat. The New Breed head back up the ramp, looking at their leader rather confusedly.

Inside the ring, Mysterio helps Chavo back up to his feet, and the two share a bit of a hug, getting a nice pop for this crowd after the battle they had last Sunday.

*Backstage - Batista/Flair Locker Room*

Batista sits in his locker room, watching his monitor, when soon…

???: You miserable prick.

~ Batista angrily looks towards the door, but his face soon lightens up with a smile, as he gets up and hugs the man at the door. The man is rather large in stature, not as big as Big Dave, but appreciably large than average. Not that it’s important, but I’m helping you with a fucking visual. ~_____~

Batista: Tony. What’s going on, man? Backstage passes and you can’t even bother to show up on time?

Tony: I got caught up, talking to some of the people back there. You can get me backstage passes, (slaps Batista on the shoulder) but you can’t get me a meeting with that hot boss of yours?

Batista: You’ve had five matches, take it easy. Sit down.

~ The two have a seat on the couch.

Tony: I’m pretty popular around these parts now. Every time you freakin’ come to Fresno, I get to show my face. I don’t think that black chick likes me.

Batista: Who?

Tony: The, uh … interviewer chick.

Batista: Oh, Kristal.

Tony: Yeah. That’s a hot piece of ass, huh.

~ Batista nods.

Tony: Yeah, so I saw that pay per view you guys had a couple of days ago. Awesome, awesome stuff. Tough break on that match though. Ric, huh?

Batista: (Waves his hand) No big deal.

~ Dave’s friend smiles and looks at him with a bit of shock.

Tony: Wow.

Batista: “Wow,” what?

Tony: You must really like Flair.

~ Confused, Batista smiles.

Batista: What do you mean?

Tony: No, I’m just saying. If some random prick had cost you two shots at the World Title, (laughs) I don’t think you’d be this calm about it.

~ Batista’s smile fades a bit.

Tony: I’ve known you for a long time now, and I’ve seen you damn near put people in the hospital for a lot less. You’re taking this one in stride though.

~ The Animal eyes show … concern, while his friend is almost oblivious to the effect that his words are having.

Tony: Guess it’s to be expected though; I mean, he is Ric Flair and all, the best of all-time. And, y’know, you’ve probably got that surrogate father thing going on because he mentored you, showed you the ropes, brought you up and all o’ that.

~ Batista looks at the ground, thinking, one would have to assume. His friend finally looks up and notices Batista’s expression.

Tony: I don’t mean no disrespect or anything like that, it just seems like … you’ve got a bit of a soft spot for him. Not that that’s a bad thing. I’ve only met him a couple of times, and I almost love the guy.

~ Batista looks up … and lets out a phony half smile, before getting up from his seat.

Batista: You want somethin’ to drink?

Tony: Sure, whateva’ ya’ got.

~ Batista nods, before he exits the locker room, closing the door behind him. The Animal looks around for a bit, seemingly gathering himself, before he heads on down the hallway. Big Dave walks for several seconds, before he reaches the makeup area. Batista stops… and stares … for … what … seems … like … an … eternity.

The place is empty at the moment, but that’s not what has caught Batista’s attention; it’s his reflection in one of the mirrors. Batista looks at himself, somewhat shocked … maybe upset at the man who stares back at him. Big Dave spends several seconds looking at the mirror, almost in a trance.

The Animal then disgustingly shakes his head, and lets out a loud roar, before SMASHING THE GLASS WITH HIS RIGHT HAND, completely destroying it!!! People near the area begin to run over to see what happened, only to see Batista staring at the shattered glass. Big Dave then turns around and angrily continues down the hallway,
blood dripping from his right hand.

{Commercials}

*Backstage - Hallway*

GM Stephanie McMahon walks down the hall, looking aggravated as she rubs the temples of her head. She stops at her office and steps in to see Maryse still on the phone.

Stephanie McMahon: Can’t tell time or take a message?

Maryse: He won’t leave message.

Stephanie McMahon: (Sigh) Who is it?

Maryse: He say, “Best wrestler in world.”

~ DANIELSON~!

Maryse: Triple H.

~ A furious scowl comes over Stephanie’s face, with the man who Pedigreed her World Champion on Sunday is on the other end of the line. Steph lets out an aggravated sigh as she walks over to the phone and takes it from Maryse.

Stephanie McMahon: Hunter?

Triple H: Ya damn right it is. Now list-

~ CLICK. Steph closes the phone, hanging up on Triple H without The Game getting out a single thought. Stephanie then walks over to her chair and has a seat, scowl still on her face as Maryse watches on.

*Back to ringside*

4 - Triple Threat Match for the #1 Contendership to U.S. Title
Jeff Hardy
vs. Christopher Daniels w/Allison Danger vs. Finlay
*United States Champion Matt Hardy on commentary*

The three wrestlers use three distinctly different styles, but manage to put on a hell of an eight minute match up. Finlay is treated as the dominant man in the contest, but with his ability severely weakened by a cage match with Henry five days ago, and more wars with Henry even before that, the contest eventually comes down to Jeff and Daniels when Finlay is unceremoniously dumped from the ring late in the contest and unable to recover.

After Jeff manages to knock Daniels down and out, he goes to the top turnbuckle … only to have Allison Danger begin approaching him. Seeing this, MATT HARDY gets up from the announce table, and GRABS Allison, holding her hands behind her back! The crowd cheers the U.S. Champion on, but Jeff isn’t as happy, hearing the ruckus, and turns around to yell at his brother for distracting him.

Inside the ring, Daniels quickly pops up to his feet, runs over and delivers a VICIOUS palm thrust to the skull of Jeff!! Daniels then quickly tosses him to the ground from the top turnbuckle! With Jeff dazed, The Fallen Angel quickly leaps onto all three turnbuckles and hits the BEST MOONSAULT EVER, picking up the pinfall!!

Winner - Christopher Daniels via pin fall at 8:17. Daniels is #1 contender for United States Championship at SummerSlam.

The crowd lets out a mixed reaction as Daniels raises his arms up with a huge smirk on his face. Shocked, Matt slowly lets go of Allison’s arms and Danger slides into the ring to congratulate the Fallen Angel. As Finlay makes his way back up the ramp in a frustrated fashion, Jeff sits up in the ring, getting himself an eyeful of Daniels celebrating. Both Hardys shake their heads as Daniels gets the shot at SummerSlam.

{Commercials}

Michael Cole waits in the middle of the ring, microphone in hand.

Michael Cole: Ladies and gentlemen, the Great American Bash saw many big developments. The Rock became the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Title, Matt Hardy became the new United States Champion, and Triple H made his presence felt, appearing in a WWE ring for the first time since WrestleMania 23. But something else big also happened … something people felt was long overdue … Shelton Benjamin and Gregory Helms … became the new WWE Tag Team Champions.

~ Big pop for the CC.

Michael Cole: Ladies and gentlemen, the NEW WWE Tag Team Champions, The Carolina Connection!

***FIRESTORM***

The crowd gives a strong ovation as The Carolina Connection, Shelton Benjamin and Gregory Helms, step out onto the stages. Both Benji and Helms wear dress shirts and dark slacks, while Helms also wears a black durag on his head. With the WWE Tag Team Title belts on their shoulders, the two stars continue on down to the ring. The CC step in, each climb a turnbuckle, and raise their championship belts up, receiving another rousing ovation. Shelton and Helms step down, and get on either side of Cole as their music dies down.

Michael Cole: Five days removed from your huge title victory, how does it feel now to be two-time WWE Tag Team Champions with one another?

~ The crowd begins to buzz once more as Cole puts the microphone into a smirking Benjamin’s face.

Shelton Benjamin: I hate to say we told you so … but we told ya so.

~ Both Helms and Shelton smirk once more, while Fresno cheers along. Helms motions for the mic, and Cole complies.

Gregory Helms: Been a long time comin’ as far as we’re concerned, but now, we can stand here an’ say, that we are, without a shadow of a doubt, the greatest tag team in the free world today.

~ Once more, the crowd cheers the top tandem in the building (and the company?), as both Benji and Helms nod a bit.

Gregory Helms: That’s no disrespect to The Hooligans … that’s no disrespect to The Redneck Wrecking Crew … that’s no disrespect to America’s Most Wanted, or The New Breed, or whomever, but the fact still remains, there isn’t a tag team that I mentioned, or didn’t mention, that can touch me and Shelton in this ring.

~ Oh snap; California cheers again, and Benjamin lets out a smile, while Helms looks stone-cold serious.

Gregory Helms: But now, instead of just saying it, we’ve got the belts to prove it.

~ Both stars lift the belts off their shoulders and into the air, getting another nice pop. Cole nods … but then shakes his head a bit.

Michael Cole: I hope this next question isn’t out of line, but don’t you think what you guys are saying is a bit … arrogant?

~ The crowd actually boos Cole’s question (OWNED), and Benjamin moves the mic away from Helms and towards himself…

Shelton Benjamin: … yeah, we’re a little cocky.

~ …Helms moves the mic back.

Gregory Helms: But we can say whatever we like, as many times as we like, as LOUD as we like … because we can back up each and every word.

Michael Cole: Well, these fans here in Fresno definitely seem to agree with you.

~ Cheap pop, and we even get a bit of a “CON-NEC-TION” chant going, but it quickly dissipates.

Michael Cole: But I think the two of you playing this off as a sure thing is giving some of our fans the wrong impression. The match you guys had last Sunday night with Paul London and Brian Kendrick went for thirty minutes, and many fans, broadcasters, and wrestlers alike have described it as the match of the YEAR!! So-

Gregory Helms: You’re missing the point, nerd. Yeah, it was a hell of a match. Yes, it was the best match in the history of this tag division - bar none - A-plus, five stars, ten out of ten, two thumbs up, whatever you wanna call it. But … The Connection, Benjamin and Helms, leaving with the titles was also … a sure thing. I don’t care if it took me and Benji ten seconds, ten minutes, thirty minutes, or we took the full hour allotted. There wasn’t a chance in hell that we were leaving that arena without the tag team gold on our shoulders.

~ Helms slaps the title on his shoulder, getting another pop, while Cole turns toward Benjamin.

Michael Cole: Now that you guys have recaptured the WWE Tag Team Titles, what’s next for The Carolina Connection?

Shelton Benjamin: We don’t care who’s next; the result will be the same. Whether it’s The Hooligans again, or Monty and Burke, or whoever. Bring over AMW … we’ll even beat them. Hell … we’ll take Cade & Murdoch’s paper belts just for fun if you’d like. It-

***LONDON CALLING***

The crowd lets out a nice ovation, as the former WWE Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick, The Hooligans, step out onto the stage, each wearing a T-shirt and jeans, each with a microphone, but missing their usual jovial looks on their face … but instead, wear looks of … anger, maybe … actually, more so determination. Helms doesn’t look too impressed (Benjamin is busy grabbing a second mic), as L&K continue on their trek down to the ring, before climbing the steps, and entering the ring.

Michael Cole: Ladies and gentlemen, the former tag team champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick, The Hooligans have joined us…

~ Crowd cheers for the former WWE Tag Team Champions, but The Connection isn’t impressed; Helms takes the mic from Cole.

Gregory Helms: Something we can help you fellas with?

Paul London: Actually, yes. The way I see it, this series between the four of us has been pretty close.

Shelton Benjamin: (Laughing) If you say so.

Brian Kendrick: I would say so.

~ Kendrick aggressively takes a step toward Benjamin, but Shelton doesn’t back up, unafraid. London puts his hand on Spanky’s chest, telling him to calm down, while Helms and Benjamin watch on, Benji bringing up the mic.

Shelton Benjamin: Take a step back there, killer. You’re in my light.

~ London continues to try to get his feisty partner to back up, and finally … he does. Shelton shakes his head with a bit of a smirk, before London brings the mic back up.

Paul London: You two have taken a couple matches, we’ve taken a couple matches, traded the titles back and forth, even had a couple of matches with controversial finishes … and the way I see it … this rivalry of ours needs a proper conclusion.

~ The audience begins to buzz, while the CC adjusts the belts on their shoulders.

Paul London: The two of you … versus the two of us … for the WWE Tag Team Championships … at SummerSlam!

~ STRONG pop for the potential rematch between the two incredibly talented duos. Helms and Benjamin look at one another, and after six or so seconds, Shelton gives Helms a bit of a nod … and Gregory brings the mic up.

Gregory Helms: You’re on!

~ HUGE pop from the audience as ‘Tandem-onium - Part Deux’ is set.

Gregory Helms: BUT

~ Ooh. Helms lets out a bit of a smirk.

Gregory Helms: Me and Shelton have never been big on straight-up reruns, and as great as our match at the Great American Bash was … this SummerSlam match - it … it needs something special.

~ Once more, the audience begins to murmur with anticipation with exactly what it might be. Helms lets out a smirk…

Gregory Helms: Give us a couple of weeks to think about it … I’m sure we’ll come up with something for ya.

~ The arrogance won’t do it, stupid questions from Cole won’t, but making the fans wait … that’ll turn a couple of fans against you, and the crowd boos a bit, as Helms and Benjamin leave the ring (with Shelton slamming shoulders with Kendrick before heading out). The Carolina Connection then head back up the entrance ramp with smiles on their face, and the new gold on their shoulders, while The Hooligans watch on from the ring.

{Commercials}

Joey Styles: Welcome back to Friday Night SmackDown, and what a SmackDown it’s been! We’ve still got the Mr. Kennedy/Ric Flair main event here tonight, but we’ve found up some huge news for SummerSlam here tonight.

Tazz: Earlier tonight, ‘The Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels earned a shot at the new United States Champion Matt Hardy one on one at SummerSlam for the gold. What a match up that’s gonna be, but we might’ve had it topped moments ago.

Michael Cole: I was right there when it was suggested, and during the break, Stephanie McMahon confirmed it. The rematch to one of the best tag team matches in WWE history will happen at SummerSlam; The new WWE Tag Team Champions The Carolina Connection will take on The Hooligans, and Benjamin & Helms get to choose the stipulation.

Joey Styles: No telling what we’ll get from those two-

***IF YA SMELL*** The crowd roars with an electric ovation as The Rock makes his way down the entrance ramp, dressed like he was earlier, heading towards the announce table. Rock doesn’t bother shaking hands, and instead, plops right down next to our announcing trio.

Michael Cole: So, Rock, what do we owe the pleasure?

The Rock: First off, Michael Cole, know your role, shut your mouth, and keep it shut for the rest of this match. Why the hell do you think The Rock is out here? The Rock is gonna be in one of the biggest matches of all-time at SummerSlam, and The Rock is here to scout, and provide you jabronis with commentary and electrify like only The Great One can.

5 - Main Event; Non-Title Match
World Heavyweight Champion Mr. Kennedy
vs. Ric Flair
*# 1 contender for the World Heavyweight Title, The Rock, is on commentary*

Despite being at each other’s throats for the last seven or so months, Kennedy and Flair put on quite the comedic match in the opening few minutes, exchanging catchphrases, playing to the crowd, Flair Flops, double takes, struts, the whole nine.

Four minutes into the match, the two definitely get more serious, trying their damndest to put the other away and pick up the match up, with Flair’s experience being enough to keep him going ‘round for round’ with the World Champion. This is never more apparent than when KK goes to put the match away with the Mic Check on several occasions, only to have Flair counter EACH AND EVERY time, and the final time, he manages to sweep Kennedy down and lock in the FIGURE FOUR!

Eventually, Kennedy manages to escape the maneuver, but after being in the hold for quite a while, he’s severely hobbled as he gets back up. Naitch looks to take advantage, and looks like he just might, getting Kennedy into position again for another FIGURE FOUR -- but KK counters, grabbing Naitch by the tights, and rolling him up into a SCHOOL BOY!! The ref gets into position to count the three count, and with him out of view, KK grabs the tights! 1... 2... 3!!

Winner - Mr. Kennedy via pin fall at 9:05.

The crowd roars as Kennedy gets back up to his feet, with a little limp, letting out a smile. The referee walks over, and raises his hand, as The Nature Boy gets up onto his knees, and looks at KK with shock, knowing that the champion just outmaneuvered the master of manipulation. Flair lets out a smirk as he gets back up to his feet and … then gives Kennedy some light applause, and a bit of a nod, before Flair rolls out of the ring, and heads back up the entrance ramp.

We get a quick shot of Batista backstage, right hand taped up, watching the proceedings with his typical scowl.

Back at ringside, the ref hands Kennedy his World Title, as KK seems rather impressed with Flair’s actions moments ago. The Rock takes his headset off, and gets up from the announce position before climbing into the ring. The crowd gets up to their feet, as Rock and Kennedy once again meet in the center of the ring.

Kennedy adjusts the World Title on his shoulder, as Rock adjusts his shades. Just like at the Great American Bash, however, Rocky extends his hand to the champion. The crowd applauds, just like they did last Sunday, and soon enough…

…KK ACCEPTS IT, to a huge ovation. The two stars share a stare down, and eventually Rock looks to turn around … but KENNEDY PULLS HIM BACK INTO AN INTENSE STAREDOWN!

The crowd cheers once more as Kennedy and The Great One come face to face once more, with Rocky look none too happy and the World Champion speaks…

Mr. Kennedy: Like I said before, you’ve got my undivided attention.

~ Rocky lets out a smile…

The Rock: Good.

~ KK gives Rock a sideways looks, as The Great One takes off his shades.
ROCK SLAPS KK RIGHT ACROSS THE FACE WITH AUTHORITY!!! “OH” gasps the crowd, as KK stumbles backward a bit, holding the side of his face in shock. A loud mixed reaction fills the building as KK looks at The Rock, fire in his eyes, as Rocky responds with a cold stare.

Pissed, Kennedy takes the title, throws it off his shoulder and MOVES TOWARD THE ROCK - ONLY TO HAVE ROCK KICK HIM IN THE INJURED LEG, SENDING HIM TO A KNEE!! Worn from his match with Flair, KK struggles back up, and throws a clothesline at Rock, but The Great One ducks, and grabs a hold of him, before-

- ROCKY PLANTS HIM WITH THE ROCK BOTTOM!!!

The Rock plants Kennedy flat on his back, as the crowd gives a THUNDEROUS mixed reaction, leaning towards heat for the icon. Rocky bends down and picks up the World Championship, before he walks over to the corner, and climbs it, showing off KK’s title belt! The camera pans around and we fade out with a shot of Rocky celebrating with the title belt, while KK lies unconscious on the canvas, the first SummerSlam shot fired.

End of Show

Current Card for SummerSlam
August 26th, 2007
East Rutherford, New Jersey

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
World Hvwt. Champion Mr. Kennedy vs. ‘The Great One’ The Rock

WWE Championship; TLC Match:
‘The Rated R Superstar’ Edge vs. ‘The Legend Killer’ Randy Orton

---

Summer Games Gauntlet; #1 Contender’s Match:
Ken Doane vs. Umaga vs. John Morrison vs.
MVP OR RVD vs. Luther Reigns OR Carlito vs. Shawn Michaels OR Kurt Angle

WWE Tag Team Championship Match; Stipulation TBA:
The Carolina Connection vs. The Hooligans

United States Championship Match:
Matt Hardy vs. ‘The Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels