Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2007 & Beyond - Doin' It To Death
View Single Post
post #1325 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
DDMac
I mark for me

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: 2007 & Beyond - The Second Fucking Coming

I know a couple of people have posted shows, and I'll get around to them soon enough. Been hectic lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy™ View Post
Have not the Hooligans had the belts since winning them from the Hardys?
Yep yep, but Benjamin and Helms (as an unnamed tag team) have been around since the fall of 2006 in thread time. They won the tag titles when I recapped that large portion of the end of that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Stephanie and Triple H segment is deteriorating in quality by the show tbh. The first one was the best and since then, it just went downhill. Make things more personal and less about the world title plz atleast for a little while.
It's not meant to "retain quality"; it's a story that's moving from point A to point B, and there's gonna be peaks and valleys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
Glad that Lashley got to surrender the title at the PPV, as it keeps his exposure going. I'd still like an explanation for why you injured him. Just seemed so random.
Lashley was injured around this time in reality, so I originally planned to get rid of him for good (no real strong reason for it, just because I felt like it, quite frankly), but I rethought it, and decided to keep him around ... but he was already written out of my plans, hence the injury.

Quote:
Not sure what KK was talking about at the end though.
Just a smart-ass comment referring to Rock's statement.

Quote:
One thing, Mac Attack, are both Raw and SD going to be IN FULL now 'til 'Slam now, like the 'Mania build?
Yessir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
(I think he's heel?). If he is face, he sure didn't seem like it with the ending.
Yeah, Noble's a heel.

Quote:
How did Long get into the Cage? That seems unrealistic, considering I don't even see it there (and I've read it over a few times just to double check I'm not blind, though I am exhausted).
The refs opened the cage when Finlay walks toward it. After the spat between Long and Finlay, the Irishman closes the door, but doesn't (because he can't) lock it, so it's simply a matter of Long walking through the door.

Monday Night Raw - July 23rd, 2007; Sacramento, California

“You like being the most exciting main eventer we have here, in a room full of stiffs who couldn’t entertain in this ring if their life depended on it.”

Throwing Down The Gauntlet

Before we get the usual pyrotechnics and opening video, a video package plays, hyping Orton’s win in the Battle Royal, becoming the new number one contender. Afterwards, Edge brought Orton back down to earth and informed him that their SummerSlam WWE Title Match will be contested under TLC rules.

Now we get the opening Raw video, and soon enough, the pyro display. After, we’re brought into the arena, where thousands of rabid fans are ready for Monday Night Raw. J.R. and The King bring us the sound…

Jim Ross: Hello, everyone, and welcome to Monday Night Raw. I’m Jim Ross, here with my longtime broadcast partner, Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler, and we have a tremendous show planned for ya here tonight as the road to SummerSlam, the hottest party of the summer, is ready to begin. And, King, you’re gonna be pretty busy tonight.

Jerry Lawler: You ain’t kiddin’, J.R. I get the lucky - or unlucky - task of being the moderator of tonight’s face to face between the WWE Champion Edge and the number one contender Randy Orton. Those two guys hate each other, and I got a feeling I’m gonna end up right in the middle of the fireworks.

Jim Ross:
You’re definitely in a rough spot tonight, but maybe this’ll make you feel better. Tonight, we’re gonna have ourselves a number one contender’s match for the World Tag Team Championship. The RKO Army, Chris Masters and Joey Mercury, take on America’s Most Wanted tonight. And-

***PLAYA’S CLUB*** The crowd lets out quite a bit of heat, as Raw’s General Manager Jonathan Coachman makes his way down to the ring, rocking a nice suit and his shades. Coach climbs the steps, and enters the ring, before calling for a microphone. He soon gets one from Lillian Garcia while his music begins to die down.

Jonathan Coachman:
It’s right in the middle of summertime, baby, and you know what that means … SummerSlam is right around the corner!!

~ Crowd cheers

Jonathan Coachman: Now … SmackDown! has a decent main event announced … I guess (shrugs his shoulders), with Mr. Kennedy {crowd pops} will defend the World Heavyweight Championship against … The Rock.

~ Massive pop for Rock, and that match in general, though Coach doesn’t seem to care for it too much, rolling his eyes.

Jonathan Coachman: But it doesn’t begin to compare to Raw’s main event - MY main event - ‘The Rated R Superstar’ Edge defends the WWE Championship against ‘The Legend Killer’ Randy Orton … in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match!!

~ Tremendous pop for that as well.

Jonathan Coachman:
But, as you all know (adjusts tie with a smirk), The Coach is not one to rest on his morals. Oh no, no, no! As the premiere general manager in wrestling, in control of the premiere brand, of the premiere wrestling entity, in the premiere timeslot, on the premiere channel, I can’t afford to rest on my morals.

~ Coach reaches into the inside pocket on his jacket, and pulls out a piece of paper. He unfolds it, but doesn’t read from it just yet.

Jonathan Coachman: Which is why at Summer Slam six of the top superstars on Monday Night Raw will be featured … in a Six-Man Summer Games Gauntlet Match!

~ Some members of the crowd pop, but most stand rather confused.

Jonathan Coachman:
And how the match will work is (reads from paper) two men will start the match off, and once one of those two men are eliminated by pin fall, submission, count out or disqualification, then the next man will come out. The process will continue until only one man is left standing. And what does that man receive?

~ Coach looks up and lets out a smirk.

Jonathan Coachman: That man receives … a shot at the WWE Championship!!

~ Crowd cheers.

Jonathan Coachman: And who will be the six men in this match, you ask? Well, three of them will be determined right here tonight. Over the next two weeks on Monday Night Raw, there will be six qualifying matches for the Summer Games Gauntlet, three tonight and three next week.

~ Coach looks at paper.

Jonathan Coachman: In the first qualifying match up … it’ll be Ken Doane {pop} taking on … the Intercontinental Champion John Bradshaw Layfield!!

~ Big-time heat for JBL.

Jonathan Coachman: Match up number two will see Charlie Haas take on ‘The Guru of Greatness’ John Morrison!

~ Boos for Morrison.

Jonathan Coachman: And the third match up will be ‘The Samoan Bulldozer’ Umaga (boos) taking on … the homicidal, genocidal, suicidal, death-defying Sabu!

~ Solid pop for Sabu.

Jonathan Coachman: Those are the three matches for tonight. As for next week … next week will see Montel Vontavious Porter (boos) take on … Rob Van Dam!!

~ Huge pop for RVD.

Jonathan Coachman: Luther Reigns take on … Carlito Caribbean Cool!!

~ Strong pop for the ever-popular Carlito, even matching that of Van Dam’s.

Jonathan Coachman: And next week’s main event - heh, I feel bad for these two guys - next week’s main event will see ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels-

~ Thunderous mixed reaction for HBK, leaning towards heat.

Jonathan Coachman: And HBK will wrestle … ‘The Wrestling Machine’ Kurt Angle!!

~ Incredible pop for that match up, with many even standing on their feet; Ross and Lawler bust a nut as well on commentary.

Jonathan Coachman: And don’t worry, even though six superstars will have to wait until next week to qualify for that match … those six will be in action right here tonight in a Six Man Tag Team Match! (More cheers) MVP, Luther Reigns and Shawn Michaels will be on one team, while Carlito, Rob Van Dam and Kurt Angle will be on the other team!! Have a good night.

~ The crowd cheers as Coach’s music hits once more. Coachman tosses the mic to Lillian, and exits the ring.

Jim Ross:
My God, I can’t believe what we just heard, what a night we have planned, what a main event, what a main event for next week, what a SUMMERSLAM!!

Jerry Lawler:
Four huge matches just added to the card tonight, all with huge SummerSlam implications, and let’s not forget what we already had planned before we even came on the air!

Jim Ross: Edge and Orton in a face-off later tonight, but up next, the number one contendership for the World Tag Team Championship is on the line, The RKO Army versus AMW! Next!

{Commercials}

*Backstage - Interview Area*

Maria stands by with microphone in hand.

Maria: (Waves) Hi! I’m back! (Giggles) Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time … ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels!

~ Shawn Michaels comes into screenshot, dressed to compete, with a T-shirt on top, as well as a cowboy hat. Receiving a loud mixed reaction from the crowd tonight, Michaels doesn’t seem to have his usual arrogance with him, looking rather upset.

Maria: Shawn, you requested this time to speak. Why?

Shawn Michaels: Well, Maria, it’s really quite simple: I’m not in a good mood.

Maria: Why not?

Shawn Michaels: You know what? That’s actually not a bad question. You’d think that I’d be happy to have my favorite interviewer back.

~ Maria stands rather confused.

Maria: Who?

Shawn Michaels: That would be you.

Maria: Oh, (giggles).

Shawn Michaels: You’d think that since I’m gonna be able to qualify for the Summer Games Gauntlet Match next week, I’d be in a pretty good mood here tonight, right?

~ Maria nods, as HBK lets out a bit of a frustrated smirk.

Shawn Michaels: But that’s not the case, and the reason that’s not the case, is because I shouldn’t be able to qualify for this match!

WHY!?
Because I should already be the number one contender!

WHY!?
Because I should’ve won the Battle Royal!

WHY!?
Because I’m the best wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots! I am The Showstoppah, The Headlinah, The Main Event, The Icon, HBK, ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ SHAWN MICHAAELSSS!!

~ Loud mixed reaction leaning towards heat. The crowd then starts up an ‘HBK’ chant, but that’s soon drowned out by more boos for the polarizing legend.

Shawn Michaels: But the reason none of that happened is because of one man … Rob … Van … Dam.

~ Big pop for RVD; Michaels tries to calm himself down, taking a bit of a walk. He comes back to the mic.

Shawn Michaels: Last week in that Battle Royal, I was awesome - just like I ALLLLLWAYS am. I single-handedly eliminated the big, Samoan guy, and then I took the EC-dubya reject, and tossed him over the top rope like the garbage that he is…

~ Big heat

Shawn Michaels: … BUT - and there’s always seems to be a but with this guy - he couldn’t take the fact that he lost to the bigger man, the better man, the better-looking man, so he climbed his way back into the ring, and eliminated me!

~ Crowd pops

Shawn Michaels: Because just like these idiots here tonight, he’s jealous of ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels.

~ Crowd boos

Shawn Michaels: So later on tonight, before the Six Man Tag Team Match, I’m coming out to that ring - and no, it won’t just be to give these fans a bit of happiness in their lives. I’ll be coming out there, and demanding a public apology from Rob Van Dam.

~ Boos from the crowd; Maria looks confused.

Shawn Michaels: And if I don’t get it - if I don’t get my apology … well … we’ll see.

~ Michaels pinches Maria’s cheek arrogantly, before he turns and walks away.

*Back to ringside*

Jim Ross: Are you kiddin’ me?

Jerry Lawler:
No, he’s not kidding. That ‘Extremely Crappy Wrestler’ needs to come out here and apologize, or else he really will be sorry.

Jim Ross: I thought as you get older, you’re supposed to mature? As HBK gets on in years, he reminds me more and more of the sophomoric degenerate that used to roam these halls ten years ago.

1 - #1 Contendership for the World Tag Team Championship
America’s Most Wanted w/Gail Kim
vs. The RKO Army

After picking up a huge win last week against the World Tag Team Champions, AMW seem far more confident than they have in a long while. And eventually, there combination of experience together and talent is just too much for the RKO Army to overcome. Masters and Mercury put up a hell of fight, but in the end, it’s the devastating DEATH SENTENCE from Storm and Harris onto Mercury, which allows The Wildcat to pin the former tag team champion, and earn another shot at The Redneck Wrecking Crew.

Winner - AMW via pin fall at 7:31. AMW are the number one contenders.

Jim Ross: Storm and Harris are now gonna get what they wanted! They wanted another shot at the World Tag Team Champions, The Redneck Wrecking Crew, Cade and Murdoch, well they’ll get it soon enough.

Jerry Lawler: And I’ll bet they’ll regret it. Cade and Murdoch already beat these guys twice. Why don’t AMW just get the point? The Redneck Wrecking Crew are better than them.

Jim Ross: We’re gonna find out soon enough. It’s gonna be Cade and Murdoch against Storm and Harris down the line, and bah God, I can’t wait to see these two talented tandems go at it one more time.

{Commercials}

With microphone in hand, Todd Grisham stands by with John Bradshaw Layfield and JBL’s manager, Angelina Williams. JBL is dressed to compete, workout suit, cowboy hat and all, and wears his Intercontinental Championship proudly over his shoulder. Layfield also wears something else; the toothy grin, baby!

Todd Grisham: Jo- Mr. Layfield, we are mere moments away before you attempt to qualify for the Summer Games Gauntlet that will take place at SummerSlam. But to do it, you must defeat the 20-year old phenom {He’s gotta be 21 by now though, rit?} Ken Doane an-

John Bradshaw Layfield: “Phenom?” See, that’s your problem, son. That’s the problem with most of the people who are in this business, but don’t deserve to be, and don’t know a wristlock from a wristwatch. Let me tell ya something, ya little four-eyed freak-

~ Grisham seems rather hurt by that comment; JBL doesn’t care.

John Bradshaw Layfield: When you see Ken Doane, you see a phenom. (Puts on semi-whiny voice) “Oh, somebody that young shouldn’t be able to compete at this high a level. And he can flip! He can jump high, too! He’s a phenom! Let’s throw him a parade!”.
When I see Ken Doane, all I see is a punk kid, who’s a nice athlete … but doesn’t belong in a wrestling ring, let alone in a wrestling ring with me. Yeah, he’s got nice athleticism and good mobility … but so does Michael Phelps. And if he was to ever step into a ring with me, I’d kick his teeth down his throat!

~ Angelina kinda cringes in the background, with Layfield taking a shot at a recent American ‘hero’.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Wrestling isn’t about being athletic, it’s about being tough. And there is nobody tougher than JBL.

~ Crowd boos.

John Bradshaw Layfield: It took seven people to eliminate me from the Battle Royal last week. But tonight, I’m not in the ring with seven cowards, I’m in the ring with one … young … child. Which means you might as well pencil me into the Summer Games Gauntlet right here and now, because one-on-one, mano a mano, JBL will not lose, JBL CAN NOT lose!! And tonight, lil’ Kenny Doane finds that out first hand!! The next few moments belong to THE WRESTLING GAWD … John … Bradshaw … Layfield.

~ The crowd boos as JBL lets out another smile. “Longhorn” hits in the background, and JBL turns, and leaves, walking towards the ring.

*Back to ringside*

Jim Ross: You can hear JBL’s music playing in the background as he’s about to make his way out here, but I’ll tell ya this. If he thinks that he’s gonna run through Ken Doane tonight, I don’t think it’ll take long before this kid makes him think twice.

Jerry Lawler: Please, J.R. Don’t be ridiculous.

2 - Qualifying Match for #1 Contender’s Summer Games Gauntlet; Non-Title
I.C. Champion John Bradshaw Layfield w/Angelina Williams
vs. Ken Doane

With two distinctive styles, the match starts off about how you’d expect it to, with JBL being no match for Doane’s speed, youth and athleticism. Eventually though, Layfield’s experience and power edge gives him the advantage, specifically in the form of a boot to the face. Layfield then completely usurps control of the match up, using his bruising style to wear down Kenny, picking up several near falls throughout. Of course, Doane’s youthful energy won’t allow him to stay down, and he makes a comeback with his fists-a-flyin’.

The finish comes when JBL manages to roll out of the way of Doane’s Guillotine Leg Drop, causing Doane to crash and burn. Layfield then quickly gets up to his feet, and goes for the CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL - but Doane ducks it!! Doane then leaps up and goes for a dropkick, but Layfield simply sidesteps him, causing Doane to land on the canvas. JBL then quickly lifts Doane in between his legs, and prepares for a power bomb, pretending to light a cigar and put it out on Doane’s back. Layfield then looks to lift him up … but Doane trips him down, and HOOKS HIM IN A JACKKNIFE COVER!!! 1... 2... 3!!!

Winner - Ken Doane via pin fall at 9:03. Doane qualifies for the Gauntlet.

The crowd explodes as Layfield kicks out after the three count, and looks around in shock. Doane gets back up to his feet, completely amped up, as he pumps his fist, not only earning a shot in the Summer Games Gauntlet, but beating a former WWE Champion and the current Intercontinental Champion in the process!

Jim Ross: KEN DOANE HAS DONE IT, AND JBL CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!

Jerry Lawler: I can’t believe it, J.R.!! How the hell could this happen!?

Jim Ross: Determination, grit, testicular fortitude. Whatever you wanna call it, Ken Doane just used it to beat one of the very best that this business has to offer!! Ken Doane is the first to qualify in the Summer Games Gauntlet, and he’s done it by beating the Intercontinental Champion!!

Ranjin Singh and his guests, Umaga and Armando Alejandro Estrada, watch the show on the screen, as AAE shakes his head.

Ranjin Singh:
As we ju-

Armando Alejandro Estrada:
Can ju believe that? JBL … not even gonna make it into the Gauntlet. And ju wanna know why?

~ AAE looks at Singh, who shrugs his shoulders.

Armando Alejandro Estrada: The pressure. JBL put so much pressure on himself, that there was only one option … to be a - como se dic’ - failure. Umaga, on the other hand, doesn’t know the meaning of pressure. It doesn’t matter if he’s in the ring with somebody like ju, or the President of the United States, my bulldozer only has one speed - DESTROY!! HAHA!!

~ Umaga intensely glares at Singh when Estrada yells “DESTROY”, but AAE tells him it’s all good, for the lack of a better term.

Armando Alejandro Estrada: As for The Bulldozer’s opponent tonight, Sabu. Ju know, these ECW wrestlers like to call themselves extreme, and say that they thrive on pain. Haha, well I’ve got news for that Arabian DUMMY: Any puto can say that they like pain when they’re being hit by an idiot with a cane … but when ju’re hit by a 300 pound freight train of mass destruction, it’s a different story, me amigo. Mick Foley found that out at Vengeance, and we plan to teach the same lesson to Mr. ‘bu here tonight. Tonight … the SAAAAAAAMOAN BULLDOZER - HAHA - punches his ticket to SummerSlam!!

~ Umaga lets out a loud grunt, which scares Singh. The Samoan Bulldozer and AAE then walk off, as we fade out.

{Commercials}

***SEXY BOY***

The crowd gets up to its collective feet and lets out a loud mixed reaction, as ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels steps out onto the stage, looking to be a bit happier than he was earlier. Michaels saunters down the entrance ramp, before he climbs the steel steps and enters the ring. HBK calls for a microphone, and is given one by Lillian Garcia.

Shawn Michaels: Now … I know we-

~ Michaels is cut off by an ‘HBK’ chant by a portion of the crowd; that’s soon countered with quite a few boos.

Shawn Michaels: Y’know, I know manners aren’t big in this place, ranking only above hygiene, but I would appreciate it if you listened when THE icon is up here with the microphone in his hand.

~ Boos from the crowd, while Michaels smirks.

Shawn Michaels: Even though I’ve got a chance at getting into the #1 Contender’s Gauntlet at SummerSlam and I have a Six Man Tag Team Match tonight, ol’ HBK has more pressing business to talk about at the moment.

~ HBK takes his hat off, and runs his hand through his hair, before putting his cowboy hat back on.

Shawn Michaels: And that concerns one (does RVD’s thumb taunt and crowd joins in) Rob … Van … Dam.

~ Nice pop for RVD; Michaels rolls his eyes.

Shawn Michaels:
I don’t exactly know what this guy’s problem is, but he’s been a pain in my ass for the last three and a half months.

~ A slight “RVD” chant starts up, but Michaels quickly talks over it.

Shawn Michaels: First off, a few months back, he gets in my face and actually has the nerve to tell me - ME - that if I don’t want to win my matches, I should hang up my ol’ cowboy boots and retire.

~ Mixed reaction.

Shawn Michaels: How did I respond? I responded by kicking his teeth down his throat at Backlash!!

~ HBK smirks, while the crowd boos.

Shawn Michaels:
Now, you would think that a taste of Sweet Chin Music would be enough for any fried slacker to get, comprehend, and move on … but no, Van Dam has consistently been in my face ever since, demanding rematches, costing me matches, and just generally being a pest. So right now, I want RVD to come on out here-

~ Pop for a potential Van Dam appearance

Shawn Michaels: I want Van Dam to come out here and publicly APOLOGIZE for-

~ Crowd boos

Shawn Michaels:
(To crowd) Take it easy, take it easy. All I want is for RVD to come out here, be a man, apologize, and then we can all put this sordid mess behind us, and look to the future. Come on, Rob-

***ONE OF A KIND***

The crowd erupts into cheers as ‘Mr. Monday Night’ Rob Van Dam steps out onto the stage. Wearing his red, one-piece, wrestling attire, the Whole Dam Show smirks as he looks in the ring, before he shakes his head, and continues down the entrance ramp. Michaels watches on, as RVD steps into the ring, and calls for a microphone. Lillian hands him one as his music dies down.

Rob Van Dam: You serious, Michaels?

Shawn Michaels: I’m completely serious. I want an apology.

~ RVD looks at the crowd with a smirk, as Michaels scrunches up his face.

Rob Van Dam: And what exactly am I apologizing for again?

Shawn Michaels:
(With a smile) Feeling a little dizzy, Rob?

~ Van Dam lets out a grin of his own.

Shawn Michaels:
You’re apologizing … for being a complete waste of my time-

Rob Van Dam: Kinda like the last five minutes?

Shawn Michaels: (Ignoring him) You’re apologizing for being a sore loser last week, and eliminating me from that Battle Royal, AFTER you were already eliminated. You are apo-

Rob Van Dam:
“Sore loser?”

~ Van Dam walks around a bit, as Michaels watches on intently.

Rob Van Dam:
That’s pretty strange, because I was just thinking the same thing about you, Michaels.

~ Michaels raises an eyebrow and then lets out a bit of a laugh. HBK turns away and climbs up onto a nearby turnbuckle, lying down rather calmly, which gets a mixed reaction from the crowd.

Rob Van Dam: That’s cool, Shawn. You can pretend you like you don’t care, but deep down inside, we both know you do. That’s the only reason we’re out here; that monstrous ego of yours. You don’t like the fact that a few weeks back on Raw, not only did I show you up, but I beat you dead center in the middle of this ring.

~ Crowd cheers for Van Dam, and Michaels face scrunches up a bit … before he lets out another smile and brings the mic up.

Shawn Michaels: Kid, when you’ve been in this business as long as I have, you’re gonna lose more than a couple of matches. Jordan didn’t win every game, Ali didn’t win every match-

Rob Van Dam: Yeah … but this goes deeper than that, right, Shawn? You’ve been in my face on more than one occasion, telling me “Not to bother wasting my time” and “Stay out of the main event” and “You shouldn’t be here”, and I always wondered why you’d taken such an interest in what I do, Shawn. At first, I thought it was because you were afraid I was gonna beat you, but no … it’s more than that. It’s because The Whole Dam Show is simply … more exciting and more charismatic than The Showstopper.

~ Mixed reaction this time, leaning towards cheers. Michaels leaps down off of the turnbuckle with a smile.

Shawn Michaels: Do us all a favor, and lay off the funny cigarettes, Rob.

Rob Van Dam: A while ago you said that “It doesn’t matter whether you win or lose, but how good you look when you do it” … and you meant every word of it. You like being THE SHOWSTOPPER!!

~ Another split reaction from the crowd, as RVD makes a ‘marquee’ with his hands.

Rob Van Dam: You like being the one people pay to see. You like seeing kids “Ooh” and “Ah” at everything you do. You like being shown like a highlight reel over and over. You like people leaving the arena saying “Wow, that Shawn Michaels is somethin’”. You love it … you crave it, don’t ya, Michaels?

~ The smile on Michaels’ face begins to transform from one of arrogance … to one which expresses his annoyance.

Rob Van Dam: You like being the most exciting main eventer we have here, in a room full of stiffs, who couldn’t entertain in this ring if their life depended on it. You love it.

~ RVD raises his right index finger up, as Michaels watches on, his smile now completely gone.

Rob Van Dam: But the fact is, Shawn, now that RVD is back in the main event, back in the WWE Title picture, back in the spotlight, RVD simply looks better than you do in this ring.

~ Big-time mixed reaction for that, with the fans now being completely sucked in. Michaels scowls at RVD.

Rob Van Dam:
Now, RVD is the man people pay to see. Now, RVD is who the kids want to be like. Now that Rob Van Dam is in the main event, getting the big matches, when people leave the arena, they talk about the show Rob Van Dam put on in that squared circle!

~ Another loud roar from the crowd, with scattered boos throughout the arena. Van Dam angrily glares at Michaels, but HBK seems to be in his own little world, staring at the ground with a grimace. A loud “RVD” chant starts up, as Michaels slowly looks up from the canvas, and into the face of Van Dam. A slight “HBK” chant starts up to counteract the Van Dam chant, while Michaels brings the mic up to his mouth. HBK doesn’t say anything right away, simply glaring into the eyes of an intense RVD.

Finally, Michaels speaks.

Shawn Michaels:
As much as I enjoyed your sadly misguided theories on the enigma that is Shawn Michaels, I’ve gotta tell you, BOY-

~ RVD cocks an eyebrow, as Michaels nods.

Shawn Michaels:
If you think that Shawn Michaels is somehow jealous of someone who made his bones wrestling in a bingo hall in front of 45 drunks in the most disgusting part of this country, then you’ve got another thing coming! I’ve been stealing the show - I’ve been STOPPING the damn show for the last TWENTY YEARS I’ve been in this company!

~ The Michaels’ contingent in the crowd pop huge for Shawn, as HBK prepares to fire back with full force.

Shawn Michaels:
And for the last ten of ‘em, every average joe who could do a backflip, who could do a little high spot without rhyme or reason, idiots were ready to christen that guy as the “New Shawn Michaels,” because they didn’t have a clue about what they were talkin’ about. But yet here I stand, quite a while later, hair a little bit thinner, body a little bit older, STILL the greatest thing that these people have ever seen, still the most exciting performer in the history of this business, and still the man that every boy (puts his finger on Van Dam’s chest as he says ‘boy’) in the back tries to outperform each and every night!

~ Another strong reaction for the Heartbreak Kid, as Michaels and Van Dam continue to stare at one another with intensity until RVD brings the mic up.

Rob Van Dam:
You really think so?

Shawn Michaels: I know so.

Rob Van Dam: I guess you’ll get the chance to prove it later tonight, won’t you?

Shawn Michaels:
Bet on it.

~ Michaels drops the mic with a thud, and Van Dam soon chugs his away as well. The two show-stealing superstars glare at one another, while the crowd applauds in the background, amped up for tonight’s main event … and more HBK-RVD.

{Commercials}

3 - Qualifying Match for #1 Contender’s Summer Games Gauntlet
Umaga w/Armando Alejandro Estrada
vs. Sabu w/Bill Alfonso

While Sabu is allowed a respectable amount of offense throughout the contest, the winner of this match up shouldn’t be doubted all that much. From jump street, Umaga proves himself to be more vicious, more focused, more athletic, and even faster than the ECW alumnus. The finish comes when Umaga counters the Air Sabu by catching Sabu, drags the poor bastard towards the middle of the ring, and then plants Sabu with a spinning urinagi slam!!! Umaga then follows that up with the SAMOAN SPIKE, which allows him to get the pinfall victory.

Winner - Umaga via pin fall at 5:37. Umaga qualifies for the Gauntlet.

Jerry Lawler:
If I’m John Morrison or Charlie Haas … I think about losing that qualifying match on purpose later tonight. WWE Title shot or no title shot, I don’t think it’s worth it to be in the ring with that monster.

Jim Ross: He is dominance personified, and now The Samoan Bulldozer has punched his ticket into the SummerSlam Summer Games Gauntlet right beside Ken Doane. As King alluded to, we have one more qualifying match to go tonight, with Charlie Haas taking on ‘The Guru of Greatness’ John Morrison.

*Backstage - GM’s Office*

Sitting at his desk, Jonathan Coachman ogles the latest WWE Magazine with Mickie James and Beth Phoenix on the cover. Coach licks his lips rather excited … but his trance is soon broken up by an angry knock on his door. Coach quickly takes his mag and tosses it into a drawer in his desk, as VICTORIA comes in, eyes lit up with fury.

Jonathan Coachman:
Oh crap.

Victoria: “Oh crap” is right.

Jonathan Coachman: Let me take a shot in the dark and guess that this has to do with the Mickie James situation.

Victoria: Good job. Now what are you doing about it?

Jonathan Coachman: Nothing. Mickie has a valid doctor’s note that says that she is not able to compete at the current moment due to a legitimate injury to her right knee. Until that’s proven otherwise, you will not be able to get your title opportunity. My hands are tied.

Victoria: I can’t believe you’re gonna let her get away with this crap. You’re pathetic.

~ Coach angrily gets up from his seat.

Jonathan Coachman: Now hold on a second!

~ Victoria shoots daggers at Coachman with her eyes, causing Coach to rethink his tone. Coach adjusts his tie, before sitting back down in his seat.

Jonathan Coachman:
Listen, Victoria, I know you’re upset, and I understand your frustration, which is why next week, it’s gonna be you, Victoria, teaming up with Gail Kim to take on Trish Stratus and Mickie James … ’s cohort, the … lovely … beautiful … (coughs) yeah, Beth Phoenix.

~ Looking quite pissed off, Victoria inches closer to Coachman with evil intentions. Luckily for him, he gets another knock on his door.

Jonathan Coachman:
Pleeeeease come in.

~ Matt Striker enters the office.

Jonathan Coachman:
Victoria, as you can see, I have a number of things to take care of. So (motions towards door), please.

~ Vicky angrily turns around and heads out of the office, slamming her shoulder into Striker as she passes by.

Matt Striker: She’s a callous one.

Jonathan Coachman: I know … it’s kinda hot ... What do you need, Matt? You’re not here to apologize again, are you?

Matt Striker: No, sir, I’m here to inquire about why I’m not on tonight’s card.

Jonathan Coachman: I’ve got nothing for you tonight.

Matt Striker: Nothing at all? Can’t you get me a spot in the Summer Games Gauntlet qualifiers? I mean, who wants to see Shawn Michaels versus Kurt Angle AGAIN?

~ Coach looks at Striker with a rather dumbfounded look for what seems like an eternity … and then nods a bit.

Jonathan Coachman: I like your go-getting attitude. I still don’t have a match for you tonight though.

~ Striker frowns.

Jonathan Coachman:
But what I do have is a shot at proving your worth. Later on tonight, Edge and Randy Orton are supposed to have a face-off in preparation for their SummerSlam TLC Match. I was going to have the King moderate it … but … I’ve changed my mind ... I want you to do it.

~ Striker puts his hands over his mouth, too excited for words it seems. He soon stops and nods excitedly.

Matt Striker: Thank you, sir. Your intelligence is only matched by your benevolence.

~ Striker quickly shakes Coach’s hand, before he heads out of the office. Coach reaches into his drawer and pulls out his mag as we fade out.

{Commercials}

4 - Qualifying Match for #1 Contender’s Summer Games Gauntlet
John Morrison w/Melina
vs. Charlie Haas

You would think that competing for a potential shot at the WWE Championship would reawaken the intensity and competitive fire of Charlie Haas … but it doesn’t seem to mean all that much to him, as Haas appears almost resigned to the fact that he’s already lost this match. For the first four minutes of the contest, Haas appears to simply be going through the motions, kicking out of pin falls without zeal, and never really going on the attack against Morrison.

Morrison and Melina begin to laugh at the mellow Haas, before the former Johnny Nitro slaps him in the face. That gets Haas going for a bit, and he responds with a plethora of suplexes of all variations, but Morrison weathers the storm, avoids the deadly Haas of Pain and finishes him with the MOONLIGHT DRIVE {corkscrew neck breaker} for the pinfall victory.

Winner - John Morrison via pin fall at 7:10. Morrison qualifies for the gauntlet.
Jim Ross: John Morrison qualifies for the SummerSlam Summer Games Gauntlet, so now we know half of the six competitors for this match up: Morrison, Ken Doane, and ‘The Samoan Bulldozer’ Umaga.

Jerry Lawler: I can’t wait to see that one, J.R. I can’t wait for next week to see who else gets into the match!

Jim Ross: Absolutely. Three more qualifying next week, folks … but right now … I’m getting word that … Matt Striker will be hosting the Edge/Randy Orton Face-off later tonight.

Jerry Lawler: What!?

Jim Ross: I guess you’ve been replaced, King.

Lawler looks around in shock for a bit, before he shakes his head, disgusted.

*Backstage - JBL’s Locker Room*

John Bradshaw Layfield sits on his couch, watching Morrison and Melina celebrate in the ring. Angelina sits next to him, watching her boss.

Angelina Williams:
Are you gonna be okay?

John Bradshaw Layfield: John Morrison!? John Morrison is heading into the Summer Games Gauntlet, and I’m not!? That kid isn’t old enough to vote, and he’s getting a shot at becoming the number one contender over JBL!?

Angelina Williams: Technically … he’s not getting the shot over you … you just didn’t win your match.

~ Layfield angrily glares at his manager.

John Bradshaw Layfield:
Yeah, I know. I was there.

~ JBL sighs, as Angelina shakes her head.

Angelina Williams: Anything I can do?

John Bradshaw Layfield: Besides becoming less worthless? I don’t think so.

~ Angelina shakes her head again, disgusted, before getting up.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Actually, there is something you can do. Next week, it’s time for another JBL mega event.

Angelina Williams: Uh-oh.

John Bradshaw Layfield: You remember my first annual ‘Golden Grand Slam Celebration in Support of America’s Wrestling God and Intercontinental Champion’? Well … this is gonna be even better. Next week, we’re gonna have the first ever ‘Super Summer Slamboree in Recognition of The Wrestling God’. Haha, I love it.

Angelina Williams: … … What?

John Bradshaw Layfield: What are you, stupid? A ‘Super Summer Slamboree in Recognition of The Wrestling God’.

Angelina Williams: “Super Summer Slamboree?” Sounds like a gay cruise.

John Bradshaw Layfield: ……… You’re starting to piss me off.

Angelina Williams: Sorry. What exactly is the point of this … Slamboree?

John Bradshaw Layfield:
Three reasons. One … because I want to have one. Two, after being royally screwed out of my rightful shot at the WWE Championship twice in the past couple of weeks, I need something to cheer me up, support me and lift me up. I’m gonna use it … how you use a wonder bra … except I actually have talent.

Angelina Williams:
Ugh, was that necessary?

John Bradshaw Layfield: And finally, it’s going to give everyone in the back, everyone watching at home a chance to appreciate the unadulterated greatness of their American hero, JBL. I want you to get right on this. This is now your top priority. Seven days, get on it.

~ Williams rolls her eyes, and then nods. JBL grabs his Intercontinental Championship off of the arm rest and rubs it a bit as we fade out.

{Commercials}

Back from the break, Matt Striker stands in the ring, being roundly booed by the crowd, while he holds a couple of cards in his left hand, and a microphone in his right.

Matt Striker:
Hello everyone. My name is Matt Striker, and I am your teacher.

~ Crowd boos.

Matt Striker:
And I will be hosting this face-off between the two top superstars currently on the illustrious Monday Night Raw brand. Introducing first, from St. Louis, Missouri-

~ The crowd already begins to boo, knowing full well who it is.

Matt Striker: He is a former WWE Champion, a former Intercontinental Champion, and the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history. Ladies and gentlemen, the leader of the RKO Army … the winner of last week’s Battle Royal … The One Man Dynasty … The Legend Killer … the number one contender and challenger to the WWE Championship at SummerSlam … Randy Orton!

***BURN IN MY LIGHT***

The heat begins to pour in as Randy Orton steps out onto the stage, adorned in a sharp, black suit. Orton does his ‘Destiny’ pose at the top of the ramp, and his pyro falls down behind him, giving The Legend Killer quite the majestic backdrop. It soon stops, and the former WWE Champion continues on down to the ring. Orton steps into the ring, and is immediately handed a mic from Striker, who apparently got another from Lillian Garcia during the break. Orton’s music dies down and the heat picks up, causing The Legend Killer to smirk.

Matt Striker: And his opponent … from Toronto, Ontario, Canada … a former ELEVEN time tag team champion, a former Intercontinental and United States Heavyweight Champion, and after his win at Vengeance, now a three-time WWE Champion. Ladies and gentlemen, the current reigning WWE Champion … ‘The Rated R Superstar’ … EDGE!!

***METALINGUS***

The crowd roars while ‘The Rated R Superstar’ Edge steps out onto the stage, with the WWE Title over his right shoulder, sans Lita. Edge, dressed in his usual T-shirt, jeans and shades, lifts the title belt up in the air, over his head, and a mammoth amount of pyro goes off, while Orton and Striker watch on from the ring. The WWE Champion walks down the entrance ramp, before he climbs the steel steps and steps into the ring. Striker retrieves another microphone and hands it to The Rated R Superstar. Before Striker can get anything set up, Orton speaks with a smirk.

Randy Orton: Didn’t bring Lita with you, Edge? Scared of something?

Edge: Nothing in particular. Where are your two girlfriends?

~ OH! Orton and Edge exchange smirks, and Striker attempts to take charge.

Matt Striker: Right off the bat, I want you two to know that no tomfoolery or disobedience will be tolerated here tonight. Mr. Coachman has put me in charge tonight, which means that what I say go-

Randy Orton: Hurry the hell up.

~ Striker turns angrily to Orton, before shaking his head.

Matt Striker: See, this is exactly the type of disrespect and unruliness that I, Matt Striker, your teacher, will not-

Edge: Get to it, chumpstain.

~ The crowd pops for the WWE Champion, as Striker lets out a frown, shakes his head … and prepares to continue.

Matt Striker: In just about a month from tonight, at SummerSlam, the ‘Biggest Party of the Summer’, ‘The Legend Killer’ Randy Orton and ‘The Rated R Superstar’ Edge will meet in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match with the prestigious WWE Championship on the line. My first question goes to you, Mr. Orton. What emotions did you have when our WWE Champion informed you that your title opportunity would be contested under such heinous rules?

~ Orton shakes his head and brings the mic up.

Randy Orton: TLC? Tables … ladders … and chairs? It shocked me last week … it was something … unexpected. But all things considered, Edge … I shouldn’t be too surprised … should I? We all know that straight up in this ring … you can’t hang with me, ya never could.

~ Edge shakes his head, and the crowd boos, before Orton continues.

Randy Orton: At New Year’s Revolution, I pinned you dead center in the ring to capture the WWE Championship. WrestleMania 23? After all of the hype, with all of the spectacle, all of the history between us … the result … was no different. Once again, I beat you in this ring. I countered your crappy, little Spear into a mid-air RKO, and got the duke, like only The Legend Killer can. And-

Edge: I can’t hang with you in this ring?

Randy Orton: No.

Edge: Orton, you’re more delusional than I thought. I just pinned your ass less than a month ago to win this bad boy (taps title belt).

Randy Orton:
Fluke.

~ Edge smiles.

Edge:
Fluke? Flukes are one-off events, Orton. In case you’ve forgotten, a few years back, I ended your seven-month Intercontinental Championship reign.

Randy Orton:
Was that before or after you started to bitch and moan every week about being treated unfairly?

~ Edge scratches his head in faux thought.

Edge: Uhhhhh, before, I think. Right around the time of your pathetic World Heavyweight Title reign.

~ The Legend Killer lets out a knowing smirk.

Randy Orton:
Ha-ha, yeah, your first title reign was real impressive.

~ Orton smiles, as Edge inches closer to TLK.

Matt Striker:
Guys, let’s keep this civil.

~ Edge turns to Striker.

Edge:
Civil? … I HATE Randy Orton!!

~ Orton laughs as Striker backs up a bit.

Randy Orton:
Back to ‘psycho’ Edge, I see.

Edge:
No, no psycho. Because, Orton … I’ve got this (looks at title). I’ve got the WWE Championship, which means I’m in control, I’m calling the shots. For months on end, I had to chase you. I had to fight through Mercury, I had to fight through Nitro, I had to fight through Masters, I had to fight through Doane; my own group, the group that I put together. And even with all of the RKOs, all of the chair shots, all of the assaults … a punt to my head-

~ Orton lets out a sadistic smirk … but Edge returns it.

Edge: After all of that … I still … got … this!

~ The Rated R Superstar holds up the WWE Championship to a strong pop from the crowd, while Orton’s eyes follow the belt.

Edge: And now that I’m back on the mountain top, now that this title is back in my hands, I don’t plan on letting it go easy, and I sure as hell don’t plan on giving you an easy trip back.

Randy Orton: So, what? This is like payback time for you?

~ Edge stares at Orton blankly … before he shakes his head in disbelief.

Edge:
Have you even been listening to me? Yeah, ya stupid bastard.

~ The crowd laughs, and then begins to cheer, while the self-proclaimed One Man Dynasty scowls at the WWE Champion.

Edge: August 26th, East Rutherford, New Jersey, in front of 15,000 fans, you and I enter MY playground. We step into my comfort zone. The match that made me who I am today, the match that gave me my start, the match … that I have never lost in, a match … that you have never even been in ... T … L … C!

~ Great pop; Orton seems to remain relatively confident, however.

Edge:
Not only are you in over your head, Orton, but-

Randy Orton: In over my head? I know you and the WWE and all the announcers and all these fans like to fashion this match as different than any other. But let’s be honest, I’ve been in this spot before.

~ Edge cocks his eyebrow.

Randy Orton: I’ve been hit with everything that this business has to offer. I’ve been in the ring with Mick Foley in a Street Fight, I’ve been successful against Mick Foley in a Street Fight. I’ve been in Elimination Chamber Matches, I’ve been in Steel Cage Matches, I’ve been inside the Hell in a Cell. So excuse me if I don’t exactly crap my pants at the idea of having to climb a ladder to grab the only thing that means a damn to me in this business, the WWE Championship.

~ Orton’s last two words are emphasized when he points at the WWE Champion, his eyes completely transfixed on it, while Edge looks at The Legend Killer. Orton finally brings his eyes back up to Edge, and the two share a bit of a staredown, before the former champion continues.

Randy Orton: And as for this being my first time in a TLC Match … please. My first World Heavyweight Championship Match … I won. My first Intercontinental Championship Match … I won. My first WrestleMania match … I won. And SummerSlam 2007 … will be no different.

~ Orton inches closer to Edge.

Randy Orton: Edge … I’ve captured championships, I’ve beaten legends, and I’ve embarrassed icons, and I’ve done it all in the center of the ring with simple God-given talent. These people … they don’t see it. All they see is a cocky, arrogant, pretty boy who’s gotten by on manipulation and lucky timing.

~ Crowd pops, causing Orton to give them a quick look, before turning back to The Rated R Superstar.

Randy Orton: But … you know different … you better know different. You better know that Randy Orton can beat anyone that’s thrown at me. You better know that the biggest and baddest have fallen at this … “pretty boy’s” feet. And if you didn’t know that … you better learn it quick. Because it’d be pretty embarrassing for you to lose that WWE Championship in “your” match.

~ Orton drops the mic, and glares at Edge, who slowly takes his glasses off to a nice pop. The Rated R Superstar hooks them up on his shirt, continuing his stare down with Orton, while Striker eases up to the two superstars.

Matt Striker: Eloquently stated. Edge, the next question goes to you. If-

Edge: Shut up.

~ Crowd cheers; Striker looks offended.

Edge: The time for talk is just about over, Orton. We’ve got the facts - you don’t like me, and I damn sure don’t like you. And at SummerSlam, you and I are gonna have a war like no other over the most important piece of gold in this industry, the WWE Title. And if there’s one thing that both of us can agree on … it’s that one of us … won’t be walking out on our own power!

~ Edge drops his mic and angrily glares at Orton, while The Legend Killer nods a bit, in complete agreement with Edge’s final statement.

Matt Striker: Ladies and gentlemen, your SummerSlam main event, Edge versus Randy Orton!!

~ The crowd cheers as ‘Whine Up’ by Kat Deluna, the SummerSlam theme song, plays over the loudspeaker. Edge and Orton don’t remove their eyes from one another, engaged in an intense stare down as we fade out.

{Commercials}

5 - Main Event; Six Man Tag Team Match
Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam & Carlito
vs. Shawn Michaels, MVP & Luther Reigns

Considering that you’ve got two of the best workers of all-time in the match up in Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle, along with a couple of other solid workers, the great quality of this match comes as no surprise. HBK doesn’t spend much time in the ring during the early going, allowing Porter and Reigns to do most of the work, against a well-oiled ‘face’ tandem, with Angle willing to work as a unit in order to pick up some momentum for next week’s battle with Michaels.

The match heads into the finish when the hot tags are made to both ROB VAN DAM AND SHAWN MICHAELS!!

The crowd roars as the two superstars enter the ring, eyes on fire. HBK throws a clothesline, but Van Dam ducks it, only to throw a right kick, which Michaels ducks. RVD goes low with a back sweep, but HBK leaps over the top of it, and applies a side headlock. Van Dam shoves him off, then ducks down, as Michaels comes back and leaps over him. HBK hits the ropes once more, comes back, and Van Dam leaps over the top of him. Michaels hits the ropes again, but this time, before RVD can even react, Michaels FLIES forward, drilling RVD with his patented flying forearm!! The crowd buzzes with both stars down, but soon explodes as Michaels NIPS UP to his feet, showing a fire we haven’t seen in a long time.

Van Dam staggers up, and Michaels lifts him up, before planting him with a reverse atomic drop. HBK follows that up with a couple of clotheslines, and then a scoop slam, before he begins his ascent to the top turnbuckle. Michaels steadies himself on top, and then leaps off with the FLYING ELBOW DROP … but Van Dam moves out of the way, and HBK CRASHES AND BURNS!!

Soon enough, both stars stumble up to their feet, and Van Dam strikes first, taking Michaels down with a spinning back kick. HBK gets back up, and RVD shoots him into the corner. Van Dam follows that up with a couple of shoulder thrusts, a backflip, and then a monkey flip!! RVD raises his hand up and tags in Kurt Angle to a nice pop. Angle steps in, and waits on Michaels to raise up to his feet, which he soon does. Kurt then grabs him, and goes for the ANGLE SLAM - but Michaels counters, landing on his feet behind Angle!

HBK then turns around … AND SPITS IN VAN DAM’S FACE!!!

The crowd responds with a gasp of shock. Pissed off, RVD tries to enter the ring, but the referee stops him. HBK waves Porter and Reigns in, and the two superstars help Michaels assault the Olympic Gold Medalist, taking Angle to the ground! RVD gets the hint and steps back onto the apron, and as soon as he does that, Michaels sends Reigns and MVP after Carlito and RVD, and the two heels knock them off of the apron, and then exit the ring, staying on the attack.

Michaels lets out a smirk, with his veteran know-how giving his team a decided advantage at the moment. On the outside of the ring, Carlito and RVD brawl with the two heels, before Van Dam takes Reigns and tosses him into the steel steps!! RVD then turns his unusually intense and angry eyes to the inside of the ring, where HBK begins to pound his foot against the canvas, looking for Sweet Chin Music. Outside, Van Dam walks around ringside, and fiercely snatches up a STEEL CHAIR, before he wipes off the rest of Michaels’ saliva off of his face.

Back inside, Angle begins to get back up to his feet … and MICHAELS GOES FOR THE SUPERKICK … but Angle ducks it, and wraps his arms around the waist of Michaels, looking for a possible German Suplex. HBK fights back, delivering a couple of hard back elbows to Angle’s face, breaking his grip … as RVD slides into the ring with the STEEL CHAIR!!

Van Dam tosses the chair at Michaels - but HBK catches it!!! RVD spins around, AND GOES FOR THE VAN DAMINATOR - but Michaels drops down … STILL HOLDING THE CHAIR UP, HOWEVER, AND RVD DRILLS ANGLE IN THE FACE!!!!

The huge mistake from RVD costs Angle his consciousness, but Mr. Monday Night doesn’t get to reflect on the error because - SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!!! Michaels lays Van Dam clean out with the super kick, before he covers Angle. 1... 2... 3!!!!

Winners - Michaels, MVP, and Reigns via pin fall at 12:44.

As his theme music plays, HBK quickly rolls out of the ring, and suavely struts back up the entrance ramp, after an incredible all-around performance, quite frankly, showing off his supreme knowledge, reflexes and skill in the past thirteen minutes.

Jim Ross: Shawn Michaels has picked up the win here tonight, pinning The Wrestling Machine, and showing Mr. Monday Night that he may very well still be the star to beat here in the WWE.

Jerry Lawler: “May!?” Shawn Michaels was fast, he was quick, he was smart, he was … the anti-RVD here tonight, and he picked up the win. HBK is just better than RVD, and Kurt Angle, too.

Jim Ross: I don’t know about all of that, but next week is where it really counts! Don’t miss it! ‘One More Time. One More Classic. Guaranteed.’ They tore it up at WrestleMania 21, and several times since, but don’t miss next week’s Raw when these two icons will collide with a shot at the Summer Games Gauntlet on the line! ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels versus the Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle!! My God, what a match up that is gonna be!! Good night, everybody!!

Raw goes off the air with Michaels doing a bit of a dance at the top of the ramp, while inside the ring, Van Dam and Kurt Angle angrily glare at The Showstopper.

End of Show

Current Card for SummerSlam
August 26th, 2007
East Rutherford, New Jersey

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
World Hvwt. Champion Mr. Kennedy vs. 'The Great One' The Rock

WWE Championship; TLC Match:
‘The Rated R Superstar’ Edge
vs. 'The Legend Killer' Randy Orton

Summer Games Gauntlet
Ken Doane vs. Umaga vs. John Morrison vs.
Carlito OR Luther Reigns vs. RVD OR MVP vs. Shawn Michaels OR Kurt Angle

~ Match banner credit - Crazian
~ Show banner credit - JBLoser

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome