Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2007 & Beyond - Doin' It To Death

View Single Post

Old 07-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #1303 (permalink)
Legend
I'M A WOLF BEAST GUY

Legend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselvesLegend has made a name for themselves
Default Re: 2007 & Beyond - The Second Fucking Coming

SmackDown! Feedback

Solid opening to the show, Mac Daddy, with the first REAL promo showdown between SmackDown's four top dogs. Liking the building of tension FINALLY between Kennedy and Rock, as they've been a bit too friendly friendly with one another for my liking. I'm glad that Batista and Cena weren't on the same page much either, though you had me worried when Naitch started talking up a storm for them both. No heel stable with them please; Cena's better as a bastard loner in my opinion. Not too keen of Kennedy and Rock getting owned at the end either, but hopefully KK evens up the score on The Boss tonight heading into the 'Bash. I doubt it though. DQ finish more likely.

Once you start writing SD! in full again I have a feeling that T-Lo might start pushing Estrada for the 'Top Manager' award in your thread. He's entertaining even in recap form. Obviously he's going to get killed by Finlay tonight, and he's DEFINITELY taking a major bump off the cage at the 'Bash like all heel managers should. I wonder though, will Henry and Hunter have a showdown in the future sometime?

Regal = awesome. It's a shame he's going to have to lose at the 'Bash, but when it's losing to CM Punk, it's for the greater good. Will killing jobbers always looks better than when other people do it.
More mic time for the Punkster though plz.

Good lord, how serious is this business between Chavo and Rey now? Sit down interviews always signal the epitamy of seriousness, with nothing funny whatsoever going on in the feud. This is how it's been with Rey and Chavo for a long, long time. Chavito to go over though. I loved the line, establishing himself as a true force in this business. Makes me think ole' Chavito Heat will be getting quite a sweet push after beating Rey ... I like it.

Hooligans/CC OWNS completely, and the kind of push you're giving this feud makes me expect big things come the 'Bash. Looking forward to their in ring confrontation later.

Noble loses?? Nooooo. Well, at least he's going to retain at the 'Bash. I've lost count of the score between these three guys in recent weeks. Could be a showstealer at the PPV.

Sorry, Rey, but you're just not as interesting as Chavo anymore. For a Battle of Respect gimmick, this ends at the 'Bash in all likelihood, with a Chavito win. Really good build with this one though, Mac. Subtle build always are the most effective.

Oh dear, T-Lo got his ass kicked. No real surprises there, but at least it ended all even at the end of the show with yet another security guard stalemate. I'm still pulling for Finlay at the 'Bash, because, well, he IS better than Henry when it comes down to it. T-Lo is awesome though.

Short but sweet in-ring segment from The Hooligans and The Carolina Connection, which kind of sums up their entire feud. None of the promos between these guys have been very long, but they've been very effective. Josh Matthews conducting the in-ring interview when you have Tazz, Styles and Cole right there? Odd to say the least. Unfortunately for London and Kendrick, Benjamin and Helms are taking the gold this Sunday I think, with a Ladder match feud decider down the line perhaps.

Cena summed up exactly why he won't be the one winning this Sunday. He and Kennedy have had ENOUGH matches to last me a lifetime. The Boss might even be the one taking the fall ... thanks to Taker? It's hard to predict really, since you've given NO hints at all as to when the Deadman is returning, though in Naitch's thread ... hinting at the ABA gimmick coming back ... really?

Christ, Hunter's hype for the potential showdown he might have with Kennedy got my mouth watering Another very nice segment between he and Steph, with Trips using a different tactic to last week: money. Kennedy/Helmsley is a money match apparently. At this point it's definitely better than Batista/KK or Cena/KK ... but is it better than Rock/KK?? Really looking forward to Hunter's segment this Sunday ... just don't pull another Judgment Day plz.

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting Lashley to get quite so owned right before the PPV. I thought he'd dominate, so that Daniels might win, but the Fallen Angel looked pretty strong here, so maybe he won't take the belt. Though I can see the 'injury' to Lashley's shoulder being used as a way to cost him the belt and it not really be his fault. Flat run in from The Hardys. They need to be more interesting.

Kennedy gets the last interview. Sweet. He's like ... a mini Rock. I could definitely see that match headlining SummerSlam now ... with Rock putting over the future of the business ... awesome.

Ugh, Kennedy looked like a bit of a bitch in the end against Cena, and was made to look as though he would lose if it wasn't for Rocky's untimely interference. I absolutely LOVE the way this business between Rock and Kennedy is going now. This tag team match at the 'Bash is going to be wild as hell, seriously. No one really was left on top, but I would think that Kennedy is winning at the 'Bash to keep your unique World Heavyweight Champion looking strong. Rock's a possibility, but Cena or Big Dave? Nah, they're one-on-one feud with KK days are over. I'm going to predict Kennedy/Rock at 'Slam, but I don't know what Cena and 'Tista will do. Maybe a heel/heel match up to see who the top dog is? Would be cool. They're both over enough to pull it off though.

Final Card for The Great American Bash
July 22nd, 2007
San Jose, California

Mega Tag Team Match:
World Hvwt. Champion Mr. Kennedy & ‘The Great One’ The Rock vs.
‘The Boss’ John Cena & ‘The Animal’ Batista w/‘The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair
{If The Rock, Cena or Batista pick up the deciding fall, they earn a World Title Match at SummerSlam; if Kennedy wins, he chooses his SS opponent.}

KK gets the pin after a miscommunication between Cena and Batista, leading to a big heel showdown at SummerSlam between The Boss and The Animal. Rocky and Kennedy have an altercation too. Kennedy chooses Rock on SD!

Triple H’s Championship Fate:
Stephanie McMahon decides on The Game’s World Title Fate

Hunter's getting owned again me thinks.

---

WWE Tag Team Championship Match:
The Hooligans vs. The Carolina Connection

They just CAN'T lose again and expect to still be the #1 Contenders. It's their time. Ladder Match rematch tbh.

A Matter of Respect:
Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

Chavo > Rey. Ignore those other jobbers ... except for Reney. I touch myself to Robbie Keane posters btw.

Steel Cage Match:
‘The Fighting Irishman’ Finlay vs. ‘The Silverback’ Mark Henry

Why do I love this feud? T-Lo maybe. Finlay to head on up though.

United States Championship; Fatal Four Way Match:
‘The Real Deal’ Bobby Lashley vs. Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy
vs. ‘The Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels w/Allison Danger

You mark for Daniels way too much, and he's definitely getting the duke by pinning one of the Hardys ... Jeff plz. Bobby still looks like a beast though.

Cruiserweight Championship; Triple Threat Match:
Jamie Noble vs. Chris Sabin vs. Kid Kash

No way does he drop the title yet.

Singles Match:
William Regal vs. CM Punk

Punk's first loss won't be at a PPV if you plan on making him anything good.