Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2007 & Beyond - Doin' It To Death

View Single Post

Old 06-22-2008, 02:34 AM   #1290 (permalink)
DDMac
I mark for me

DDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whore
Default Re: 2007 & Beyond - The Second Fucking Coming

The Coach thing has nothing to do with Jon. I just like Coachman as a hapless ... dick.

Monday Night Raw - July 16th, 2007; Corpus Christi, Texas

“I’m more than upset. I’m pissed off … but I’m gonna do something about it.”

Manipulation - Pt. 2

Before we get the usual pyrotechnics and opening video, a video package plays, focusing on all the happenings revolving around the WWE Title situation, with Orton trying to manipulate Angle, Michaels manipulating JBL, Angle arguing with Edge, Orton hyping up his team, the brawl between Orton’s team while Orton smirks, and then JBL laying out Michaels to close out the show.

Now we get the opening Raw video, and soon enough, the pyro display. After, we’re brought into the arena, where thousands of rabid fans are ready for Monday Night Raw. J.R. and The King bring us the sound…

Jim Ross: Welcome to Monday Night Raw! Jim Ross, here with Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler, and tonight is the night that many have been waiting for!

Jerry Lawler: Well, we know for sure that eight men were definitely looking forward to this match up more than anything else we have for you here tonight.

Jim Ross: No doubt about it. ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels, ‘The Wrestling Machine’ Kurt Angle, John Morrison, Rob Van Dam, MVP, Umaga, the Intercontinental Champion JBL, and ‘The Legend Killer’ Randy Orton will all be competing here tonight in an Eight Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal, with the winner facing Edge at SummerSlam for the WWE Championship!

Jerry Lawler: The road to SummerSlam gets officially kicked off her tonight. And, J.R., what about that huge announcement we heard from The Coach before Raw came on the air?

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen, during that Battle Royal -- ALL outside parties will be BANNED from ringside! And, King, that definitely changes the complexion and the game plan of this match for several of our competitors tonight.

Jerry Lawler: You ain’t kiddin’. No Luther Reigns, no Playgirls, no Melina, no Angelina, no Bill Alfonso, no Armando Estrada, and no RKO Army here tonight! You can bet that those guys aren’t happy about that.

1 - Victoria vs. Gail Kim

Despite the mutual respect between the two competitors, Victoria and Kim go at it with great tenacity; Vicky tries to continue her streak of incredible performances, while Gail attempts to reestablish herself as a force in the Women’s division, at the expense of Victoria. The finish comes when Kim looks set to finish Victoria off, with Vicky out of it after taking a flying hurricanrana from Gail. Victoria staggers up to her feet, and Gail wraps her arms around her neck, going for a DDT, but Vicky counters, spinning out of it. Kim then goes for a clothesline, but Vicky avoids it, kicks Gail in the gut, and finishers her off with the WIDOW’S PEAK!!! Victoria then turns her over, and hooks the leg for the academic three count.

Winner - Victoria via pin fall at 7:04.

The crowd cheers as Victoria picks up another win, completely unstoppable on her recent roll towards a rematch with Mickie James for the Women’s Championship.

Jim Ross: With a showdown with the Women’s Champion Mickie James looming, Victoria is hitting her stride at just the right time, and I can not wait to see Mickie-Victoria 2. I want Coach to hurry up and announce the match already!

Jerry Lawler: Ha, lots of people are waiting for it … except Mickie.

Victoria grabs Kim, and helps Gail back up to her feet, before the two embrace to a nice pop from the crowd. Gail leaves the ring, allowing Vickie to continue to celebrate amongst a rousing ovation.

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen, when we come back … John Bradshaw Layfield, the Intercontinental Championship, will be standing by for an interview. And Lord knows, you won’t want to miss that, up next, on Monday Night Raw.

{Commercials}

*Backstage - Interview Area*

Todd Grisham stands by, microphone in hand … with the Intercontinental Champion John Bradshaw Layfield and Angelina Williams by his side. Dressed to compete, wearing his workout suit and cowboy hat, Layfield also wears a toothy grin and the IC Title belt over his shoulder.

Todd Grisham: JB-- er, Mr. Layfield, last week was quite an eventful night for you--

John Bradshaw Layfield: Eventful doesn’t even begin to describe what I pulled off last week. Glorious, amazing, astonishing, remarkable -- these are the adjectives one could use to describe what I did last week. Y’see, son, the key to being a Wrestling Gawd is to not show people your hand. You let these idiots think what they want to think -- think with their egos. I let Shawn Michaels think he was in control. I let Randy Orton think I was afraid. I let every single person in that match think it was their time to shine, but when it came down to it, the only man who stood above the fray … was the man who wasn’t in it … me.

~ Crowd boos.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Now, some of the slower people in the audience -- namely stupid, doped-up, hippie liberals -- might be thinking that I’m showing everybody my hand now, since everyone in tonight’s Battle Royal is probably listening to me speak right now. That may be the case … but there isn’t a damn thing that they can do about it! I am, without a shadow of a doubt, the best wrestler in that match tonight. Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Randy Orton, Umaga, they all fear me, and they damn well should. So I’m not putting a bull’s-eye on my back by telling it like it is; I already had one.

~ Layfield adjusts his hat, before tapping his IC Title, and continues.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Everybody in that ring tonight knows who the king is; it’s the longest reigning WWE Champion in SmackDown! history, one of only a select few to become a Grand Slam Champion, the current Intercontinental Champion, and the man who will become the second person in history to hold the Intercontinental and WWE Titles at the exact - same - time! The American Hero, The Wrestling Gawd, The Wall Street Warrior, John Bradshaw Layfield!!

~ Layfield lets out a toothy grin, before he storms off to big heat, as Grisham looks on.

*Backstage - Morrison/Melina Locker Room*

Dressed in a white suit straight out of the 1970s, John Morrison stands in front of a mirror, brushing his hair back, while Melina, adorned in a short black dress, paces back and forth in back of him, reading the latest WWE Magazine.

Melina: Listen to this. (Reads from magazine) “At Vengeance, the self-proclaimed ‘Guru of Greatness’ slithered his way to victory against Ken Doane with a hook of the 20-year old phenom’s tights--”

John Morrison: “Phenom?” (Scoffs) Please.

Melina: It keeps going, “Despite returning with an incredible amount of hype, a plethora of nicknames and a new look, the former Johnny Nitro proves to be the same classless, pompous superstar he left as.” Can you believe that?

~ Morrison barely flinches, and continues to brush his hair.

John Morrison: Baby, relax, nobody reads the results section of that thing anyway.

~ Melina continues to flip through the pages.

???: I agree with John.

~ Morrison and Melina turn around to see … ‘The Legend Killer’ Randy Orton dressed to compete with a black “RKO Army” T-shirt on top. Melina tosses the mag over her shoulder, and walks up to Orton with a fury.

Melina: What do you want, Orton? Last week, we put up with being in your disgusting presence because you guys were tag team partners … not tonight. Y’see tonight, is John Morrison’s coming out party.

~ Melina turns around and walks around behind Morrison, before she rubs her hands up and down his abs.

Melina: Tonight is the night The Shaman of Sexy steps out of the shadow of MNM, out of the shadow of Randy Orton, and takes the first step to uberstardom. Tonight … John Morrison punches his ticket to ‘The Biggest Party of the Summer’ and the WWE Championship.

Randy Orton: (Smirks) Really?

Melina: Yeah, really.

Randy Orton: Well, I’ve got news for ya, sweetheart, he’s only got about a one out of eight chance of that actually happening tonight. … AND … it may be even less with the things that I’m hearing.

~ Melina and Morrison look at Orton quizzically.

John Morrison: What have you been hearing?

Randy Orton: Last week, after Raw went off the air, Armando Estrada went into MVP’s locker room, and apologized for Umaga’s actions in that tag team match. And then you know what happened? The two of them struck a deal for tonight’s Battle Royal .

~ Morrison and Melina both look at Orton in shock.

Randy Orton: Yeah, Johnny, you’re good … but are you good enough to beat an Umaga/Porter tandem?

~ Morrison looks at Melina nervously … and Melina has nothing to say to make him feel better about his shot. Seeing that Morrison recognizes the dire status of the situation, Orton moves in closer.

Randy Orton: Look, (sighs) as much as I hate to admit it … you showed me something last week in that tag team match -- you showed the WORLD something. I know we had our problems when you were in the RKO Army … but I never once doubted what talent you had. It’s just that last week, you REALLY showed me that you could put it together and be one of the best superstars that this business has ever seen. But that can be stifled here tonight if MVP and Umaga team up and toss you out of that Battle Royal early. You know what people will be saying if that happens?

John Morrison: (Gulps) … What?

Randy Orton: “Morrison can’t get it done in the big spots. He can’t get it done when it’s all on the line. He’s a choker.”

~ Morrison rubs his forehead nervously as Orton nods his head.

Melina: So what’s your point, Orton?

~ Orton puts his arm around Morrison’s shoulder.

Randy Orton: My point is … you need to make sure you come out of that match looking as good as possible. You and I … we need to work together … we need to take out Umaga, take out MVP, JBL, Shawn Michaels, Angle, Rob Van Dam, and then … and then it’ll come down to just the two of us, and we can fight it out to see who goes to SummerSlam. So, whether you win or I win--

Melina: He’ll win.

~ Orton rolls his eyes.

Randy Orton: No matter what happens after that, by outlasting FOUR former WWE Champions, the most dominant monster in this business, and the highest-paid free agent in WWE history, you come out of that match looking like a million bucks.

~ Morrison rubs his chin, clearly skeptical of Orton’s intentions … but still nervous about looking like a dud in front of millions.

John Morrison: (Turns to Melina) What do you think?

Melina: Sounds like the smart move.

Randy Orton: Sounds like the right move.

~ Randy holds his hand out, looking for a handshake. Morrison looks at Orton’s face … and then down to Melina, who nods. Morrison then looks back up at Orton before … accepting his handshake. Orton and Morrison look into each other’s eyes for a second or two, nodding, before The Legend Killer breaks the handshake and heads out of the door, closing the door behind him.

~ Outside, both Chris Masters and Joey Mercury of the RKO Army wait for him.

Chris Masters: How’d it go, boss?

Randy Orton: Worked like a charm.

~ Masters and Mercury pat Orton on the back as the three of them move down the hallway.

Joey Mercury: Where to next?

Randy Orton: Porter.

~ The three walk out of screenshot as we fade out.

{Commercials}

*Backstage - GM’s Office*

Jonathan Coachman straightens himself up in the mirror; he adjusts his tie, fixed up his jacket to make sure it hangs on him perfectly, before he buttons it up in the middle. Coach then uses his finger to brush his goatee a bit, but that’s soon cut off by a knock on the door. Coach claps his hands and the lights begin to dim while a Barry White song begins to play. Coachman then coolly walks towards the door and opens it.

Beth Phoenix waits in the doorway, arms crossed, looking all business.

Jonathan Coachman: (As smoothly as possible) Come on in.

~ Beth steps into the office, and looks around, confused by the atmosphere.

Jonathan Coachman: (Motions toward the couch) Have a seat.

~ Phoenix turns her attention from the room to Coach, suspiciously.

Beth Phoenix: I’m fine.

Jonathan Coachman: So … you decided to come alone. That’s a good move.

Beth Phoenix: Mickie couldn’t make it.

Jonathan Coachman: Whatever you say.

~ Coach then plops down on the couch, arms spread out, as he leers at Beth. Phoenix scrunches her face, annoyed.

Beth Phoenix: I thought we were gonna talk about the Mickie-Victoria situation?

Jonathan Coachman: Oh, I guess you’re (uses air quotes) “Just here to talk about Mickie, huh”?

Beth Phoenix: Pretty much.

Jonathan Coachman: (Laughs) When are we gonna stop playing these games?

~ Fed up, Phoenix reaches into her pocket and pulls out a piece of paper, before she tosses it onto Coach’s lap. Coachman picks it up as Beth leaves the office.

Jonathan Coachman: Beth, wait!

~ Too late; Coach claps his hand, and the room goes back to normal. Coachman then reads the paper.

Jonathan Coachman: Knee injury?

*Back to ringside*

2 - Matt Striker vs. Ken Doane

Given another chance to make an impact, Striker does reasonably well against the touted 20-year old phenom … not well enough to actually win the match, however. Doane finishes Striker off with the Guillotine Leg Drop for the thee count.
*Pardon the crap recap *

Winner - Ken Doane via pin fall at 5:36.

{Commercials}

*Backstage - Women’s Locker Room*

Victoria and Gail Kim sit in the locker room talking about tonight’s match, strategies and the like, before there’s a knock on the door.

Jonathan Coachman: It’s Coach.

~ Gail and Vicky both shake their heads, annoyed, before Victoria gets up and opens the door…

Victoria: What the hell?

~ At the door stands Jonathan Coachman and Beth Phoenix … who stands behind Mickie James … who’s in a WHEELCHAIR, with her right knee taped up to the high heavens. Victoria scowls, as Mickie attempts to look as pathetic as possible with the Women’s Championship on her lap.

Victoria: This is a joke, right?

Mickie James: If you find amusement in my torment, sure.

Jonathan Coachman: Ladies, relax. Victoria, I’m just here to tell you that your Women’s Title Match is going to have to wait until Mickie is fully recovered from this … debilitating injury.

~ Victoria looks at Mickie with a glare, and Mickie doesn’t bother to return the glance, instead, looking down at her title.

Victoria: And what kind of injury does she exactly have?

Mickie James: After Raw went off the air last week, I slipped in the shower, and severely twisted my knee whi--

Victoria: Oh bullsh--

Jonathan Coachman: Hey! Victoria … look … I know you’re upset now, but--

Victoria: Upset?

~ Vicky scoffs and looks up at the ceiling, shaking her head.

Victoria: I’ve spent the last five years of my career watching bimbos with less talent and less heart continuously get the shots, get the opportunities, get everything that I should have gotten. First, it was Stratus and Lita, then Christy Hemme and a bunch of other no-name divas, and now … Mickie James?

~ Vicky looks down with an expression that could kill. Mickie, Coach, and even Beth seem put off by the scary look in Victoria’s eyes.

Victoria: Mickie James is gonna be allowed to get away with whatever she wants? Even after a year plus long title reign, the WWE is going to let Mickie James play keep-away with the Women’s Championship? I’m more than upset. I’m pissed off … but I’m gonna do something about it.

~ Victoria grabs the sides of Mickie’s wheelchair and pulls her in REAL close, damn near nose-to-nose. Mickie looks scared stiff, as Beth and Coach are almost frozen by the sudden change of events. Vicky takes her right hand and brushes some of the hair out of Mickie’s face…

Victoria: Mickie … I let you get away from me once at WrestleMania …

~ … Victoria’s hand drifts from Mickie’s hair to James’ cheek; Mickie remains motionless, scared.

Victoria: But I want you to listen to me…

~ Victoria then forcefully snatches Mickie by the jaw.

Victoria: …………… It’s over.

~ Vicky then chatters her teeth together with a sick smile, which sends chills down the back of James, who gulps rather nervously. Victoria then lets go of her grip, and storms past everyone and out the door. Beth looks to console Mickie as we cut away.

*Backstage - MVP’s Locker Room*

Dressed in his purple ring attire (w/o boots), Montel Vontavious Porter sits on a black leather couch, feet up on his coffee table, with Layla and Kelly massaging his shoulders, while Brooke rubs his feet. Luther Reigns, rocking a black suit, angrily moves from the door towards MVP.

Luther Reigns: All outside parties banned from ringside tonight during the Battle Royal? Are you kiddin’ me? What the hell is Coachman’s problem? … He’s probably stackin’ the odds in favor of his boy, Umaga. … You know what I should do? (Slams his fist on his open palm) I should go down to his office and show that baldheaded punk what’s it’s like to be on the receiving end … of what I used to do to people inside the joint.

~

Montel Vontavious Porter: Whoa, whoa, Big Lu’, do me a favor; relax, before you give yourself a heart attack. It’s all good tonight. Brooke, go over there and give Luther a massage.

~ Reigns sighs, before he slides out of his jacket and tosses it onto the couch. Brooke gets up, as Reigns has a seat on one of the chairs in the room.

Montel Vontavious Porter: I’ve got this thing in the bag. Shawn Michaels’ old ass can’t touch me. JBL’s too fat. Umaga’s even fatter. Rob Van Dam doesn’t have the skill. Randy Orton? (Scoffs) He--

~ A knock on the door cuts MVP off. Reigns waives Brooke up, before he gets out of his seat and walks towards the door. Reigns opens it, while the camera stays focused on MVP, as he closes his eyes, thoroughly enjoying his massage.

Luther Reigns: Speak of the devil.

Montel Vontavious Porter: Who is it, Lu?

Luther Reigns:
Orton.

~ The camera pans over to show a slightly smiling Randy Orton, flanked by Masters and Mercury. MVP opens his eyes, looking confused as to why Orton’s here.

Luther Reigns: ‘VP?

Montel Vontavious Porter: It’s alright.

Luther Reigns: Come on in, Orton.

~ Orton walks by, and his Army attempts to follow … but Reigns puts his hand up.

Luther Reigns: But your girls stay here.

~ Masters and Mercury look offended, while Orton turns around and nods a bit, before he continues on in. MVP gets up from his seat, and extends his hand to Orton, which Randy quickly accepts.

Montel Vontavious Porter: I’m assuming you’re not here for a massage.

~ Orton laughs and smiles a bit.

Randy Orton: Maybe later. Look, bro, I know you heard about this ‘nobody at ringside’ thing that Coachman set up for tonight.

Montel Vontavious Porter: Yeah, we were just talkin’ about it.

Randy Orton: Yeah, well, Estrada heard about it too, and he wants to make sure that Umaga has somebody out there to keep him under control and focused out there tonight.

~ MVP looks confused.

Randy Orton: Morrison.

Montel Vontavious Porter: Morrison? What are you talking about?

Randy Orton: Umaga and Morrison are gonna be working together out there tonight. That’s what I’ve been hearing. I just wanted to give you the heads up, since you kicked ass last week in that tag match, and had my back, just like I knew you would. Just wanted to do you a favor.

~ Orton holds his hand up, and Porter follows by holding his hand out for the five, still with a confused look on his face. The Legend Killer turns around and walks - somewhat slowly towards the door…

Montel Vontavious Porter: Wait.

~ Orton turns around, as MVP walks up to him.

Montel Vontavious Porter: They wanna play the numbers game? So can we.

~ MVP nods and Orton lets out a smirk, as we fade out.

{Commercials}

With microphone in hand, Ranjin Singh stands by with … ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels. Receiving a mixed reaction, HBK is dressed to compete, and also wears a cowboy hat … which just happens to accompany a look of determination tonight.

Ranjin Singh: Ladies and gentlemen, I’m standing by with Shawn Michaels, and, HBK, tonight you compete in an Eight Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal with the winner going on to face Edge for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam. Shawn, how do you feel heading into this match up?

Shawn Michaels: …………………Where’s Maria? She always does my interviews. (Puts on goofy, childish smile) We kinda have this … chemistry.

~ Singh looks rather confused.

Ranjin Singh: I don’t know. I jus--

Shawn Michaels: Yeah, whatever. Now, before I answer your question, I’ve got to give a shout out -- that’s what all the kids are saying, right? -- yeah, I’ve got to give it to JBL for that … message he gave me last week. Believe me, John, I will be paying you back in full for that one.

~ HBK gives the camera a wink before continuing.

Shawn Michaels: As for the Battle Royal, how do I feel? I feel like … I’ve been here before … and I have been. For guys like Morrison, MVP, Umaga and the “ECW Garbage Wrestler”, this match probably feels like a big deal, and they’re all in their locker rooms, warming up, or reading, or … whacking off, looking to relieve those pre-match jitters.

~ Singh seems to cringe at the comment, but HBK continues.

Shawn Michaels: But not ol’ HBK. For me, this is just another match, just another victory, just another chance to show everybody out there why I am the single greatest wrestler that this business has ever known, and that is EXACTLY what I plan on doin’! SummerSlam … here I come.

~ Michaels lets out an arrogant smirk, before he heads off camera to another mixed reaction.

*Back to ringside*

3 - Charlie Haas vs. Bobby McNabb

Throughout the match, Ross and Lawler openly wonder what the hell was up with Haas’ promo last week. Though he’s wrestling someone who I wouldn’t exactly call formidable, it still takes Haas a decent while to put him away, only going through the motions. He actually gets caught with a couple of small packages and schoolboys for near falls due to a lack of concentration. Eventually though, the former tag team champion puts the match away with a quick wheelbarrow suplex, before quickly turning that into the Haas of Pain, forcing his opponent to submit.

Winner - Haas via submission at 3:10.

After the match, Haas gets up and calls for a microphone. He’s soon handed one by Lillian Garcia as his music dies down.

Charlie Haas: ………………………………

~ Haas simply shakes his head, and drops the mic. Our commentators and the fans at ringside are rather confused by Haas’ peculiar behavior, before we cut away.

*Backstage - JBL’s Locker Room*

JBL warms up for the Battle Royal tonight, bouncing up and down a bit, while Angelina Williams, his manager, sits on the couch, shaking her head ever so slightly. Layfield turns to her with an annoyed look on his face.

John Bradshaw Layfield: What the hell are you looking at!?

Angelina Williams: You think it was a good move to toss what you did last week in their faces tonight, with the whole fake injury thing?

John Bradshaw Layfield: Weren’t you listening to what I was actually saying? I am JBL. I cannot be stopped. Besides, the way those idiots were at each other’s throat last week in that tag team match, they won’t even be thinking about me out there tonight. It’s fine. I’ll be fine. And that championship shot … will be mine.

Angelina Williams: (Sigh) If you say so.

~ Layfield goes back to warming up...

Angelina Williams: I'm just saying...

John Bradshaw Layfield: (Frustrated) Ugh.

Angelina Williams: Seems like you're just setting yourself up to take a fall. Like self-sabotage, or something. Last week it was the fake injury and chair shot. This week, it's the speech. Next--

John Bradshaw Layfield: Jesus Christ, do you ever shut up?

~ Layfield angrily glares at his manager once more, before he takes a deep breath ... and begins warming up again.

{Commercials}

Todd Grisham stands by with ‘The Wrestling Machine’ Kurt Angle, who’s dressed in his all black ring gear, mouthpiece in his hand.

Todd Grisham: Kurt Angle, later on tonight, you compete in a Battle Royal to determine the number one contender for the championship at SummerSlam. What are your thoughts heading into this match up, especially after what happened last week?

Kurt Angle: Last week, I was attacked by every single superstar that was in that ring with me, teammate or not. Am I bitter … upset … pissed off?!

~ Angle glares at Grisham with intensity, and Grisham looks ready to crap his pants. Kurt then lets out a smirk.

Kurt Angle: Not at all. I didn’t give a damn about them then … and I care even less about them now. Because tonight … it’s every man for himself. 2007 hasn’t started off great for me; I lost the Royal Rumble Match after lasting over an hour from the number one spot, I lost to Mr. Kennedy at No Way Out, even though I won at WrestleMania, I lost to Stone Cold Steve Austin in his final match, I lost the WWE Championship Match at Vengeance … but that can all change tonight.
That all changes when I get into that ring, and look around at seven of the best superstars that this business has to offer, and realize that when I’m on my game, when I’m focused, when I’m ready to go … nobody in that ring can even touch me.

~ Loud mixed reaction for that sentiment as Angle puts in his black mouthpiece, which reads ‘PAIN’ in red lettering.

Kurt Angle: YEAAAHH!!

~ Angle slaps himself in the face a couple of times, before heading off camera.

*Back to ringside*

4 - Eight Man Tag Team Match
America’s Most Wanted w/Gail Kim and DH Smith & Cody Rhodes
vs.
World Tag Team Champions The Redneck Wrecking Crew & The RKO Army

The four tag teams continue to try to elevate Raw’s tag team division toward the level of SmackDown’s (impossible, tbh) with a solid performance here tonight. AMW and the RWC are treated as superior than their respective teammates, but not by much. The finish comes when a brawl breaks out, and the ring is cleared, leaving Murdoch and Harris are the legal men. Just like in recent matches between the RWC and AMW, the referee gets distracted with things not pertaining to what’s going on in the ring, which allows Cade to slide in, unnoticed. Cade & Murdoch then attempt to hit Harris with the SWEET ‘N’ SOUR -- but leaps up, avoids the sweep, and drills Cade with a hard clothesline!! The crowd pops for the visually pleasing maneuver, as Storm enters the ring, unseen by the referee. AMW quickly set up the DEATH SENTENCE - AND HIT IT!! Storm manages to hold off anyone looking to break up the pinfall, as Harris crawls over and covers Murdoch for the three count!!

Winners - AMW and Smith & Rhodes via pin fall at 7:03.

The cheers of the crowd are much larger than usual, as AMW FINALLY get off the skids with a win here tonight, over the RWC nevertheless! Storm and Harris each let out yells of relief one would have to assume, as Cade helps Murdoch out of the ring, and the tag champions head back up the ramp, upset.

{Commercials}

*Backstage - Hallway*

Armando Alejandro Estrada stands in a corridor, hyping up his ‘Samoan Bulldozer’ Umaga for the main event which is up in mere moments. Umaga looks to be in the zone, as he stares at his taped up, extended thumb in a trance of sorts, before he lets out an animalistic roar, which gets a wide smile from Estrada. Sensing someone behind him, Umaga quickly turns around, throwing a right hand!!

Randy Orton quickly ducks the blow, and puts his hands up, scared for his life.

Randy Orton: Whoa! Whoa! Take it easy! Estrada, tell him I come in peace.

~ Estrada talks to Umaga for a bit and the monster seems to calm down.

Armando Alejandro Estrada: Ju must excuse Umaga, once he gets ready for a match up, he’s ready to crush anything in his path.

~ Orton takes a deep breath, and a smiles a bit.

Randy Orton: No problem.

Armando Alejandro Estrada: So what do we owe jour presence to Mr. Orton?

Randy Orton: I’m here on business.

Armando Alejandro Estrada: Haha, Senior Orton, I don’t know how we can be of assistance to ju tonight, Umaga is out for only himself here tonight.

Randy Orton: Well, that may not be the case with everybody else out there tonight.

Armando Alejandro Estrada: What do ju mean?

Randy Orton: You saw what happened Umaga did last week, he was incredible, he DOMINATED that match!! Just like I said he would, just like I said he needed to. And now … he’s the one with the bull’s-eye on his back. You saw the look on everybody else’s face last week; Porter was pissed, Morrison was pissed, JBL too. Everybody was pissed that Umaga made them look bad in front of the world. And tonight … is payback time. Each and every person in that ring is gonna be looking to take him and toss his ass over the top rope.

~ Estrada lets out an unconvinced smile.

Armando Alejandro Estrada: And jou’re telling us this because jou’re just such a nice guy?

Randy Orton: No … (Orton smirks) … I’m a selfish prick … but so are you. I’m also a smart prick … and so are you. So you know that if I had your boy’s back out there tonight … and he had mine, than he would have a better chance at winning than if he was to try to take on seven guys at once out there tonight.

~ Armando rubs his chin in thought, before he reaches up and takes off his sunglasses.

Armando Alejandro Estrada: Senior Orton … I don’t trust ju one bit.

~ Orton gulps nervously.

Armando Alejandro Estrada: But … ju got jourself a deal for tonight, simply because I know how jealous people can get of my bulldozer.

~ Orton nods, and turns to walk away…

Armando Alejandro Estrada: Besides … if ju try to screw us … (Estrada puts his shades on) ju won’t be that hard to find.

~ Randy stares at Estrada in shock … and then at Umaga in fear. Estrada begins to talk to Umaga, apparently telling him who to follow out there tonight, as Orton watches intently. Umaga looks at Orton, and then nods a bit, which gets a smile from Orton.

Backstage interviewer Ranjin Singh stands by with Rob Van Dam, who gets a strong ovation from the fans. With his hair in his trademark ponytail, RVD wears his red singlet, as he bounces up and down a bit.

Ranjin Singh: Rob Van Dam, tonight is a huge night for you, with the Battle Royal looming just mere moments away. But before you comment on that, I just wanted to get your thoughts on Shawn Michaels calling you an “ECW Garbage Wrestler” in his interview earlier tonight?

Rob Van Dam: What are my thoughts on it?

~ Singh nods.

Rob Van Dam: Typical Shawn Michaels. He loves to run his mouth and act like the greatest thing since sliced bread. But he’s been in this ring with me before, and the last time the two of us got together, it was Mr. Monday Night picking up the one … two … three.

~ Crowd pops

Rob Van Dam: I usually don’t listen to much of what Shawn Michaels has to say, but he was right about one thing. This Battle Royal tonight may not be a big deal to him, but it is a big deal to me.

~ Van Dam rubs his hands together intently.

Rob Van Dam: For the past year, since losing the WWE Championship, Rob Van Dam has been pissed off, pissed on, and generally treated like crap unworthy of being a main event superstar in this company. I know Shawn Michaels feels that way. Some of the higher-ups in the back feel that way. Hell, most of the boys in the Battle Royal probably feel the same. But the fact of the matter is, I, Rob -Van - Dam, have done nothing but bust my ass, win matches, and now I’m back in the main events where I belong!!

~ Crowd erupts into cheers for RVD, as Van Dam nods. A “RVD” chant starts up, causing Mr. Monday Night to pause, before continuing.

Rob Van Dam: And tonight isn’t just about a title shot at SummerSlam, it’s about Rob Van Dam breaking through that glass ceiling just ONE - MORE - TIME, and proving to the entire world that I am indeed, The (crowd joins in)Whole - Dam - Show!!

~ Once more the arena goes crazy for RVD, who heads off camera to another huge ovation.

Jim Ross: RVD is ready, so are the other seven superstars in our main event! Eight Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal with the winner punching his ticket to a WWE Title Match at SummerSlam! And by God, it’s up next!!

{Commercials}

5 - Main Event; 8 Man Over the Top Rope Number One Contender Battle Royal
Shawn Michaels
vs. Kurt Angle vs. John Morrison vs. Montel Vontavious Porter
vs. John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Umaga vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Randy Orton
{Winner Faces Edge for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam}

Once everyone enters the ring, the eight superstars begin looking around at one another, sizing each other up. Orton gives a couple of winks to the people who think he’s working with them, as the bell rings to kick this thing off. Immediately, Michaels, Orton, Morrison, MVP and Umaga … RUSH TOWARDS JBL … AND DUMP HIM FROM THE RING!!!

Eliminated - JBL by HBK, Umaga, Morrison, MVP & Orton @ 0:08.

While JBL throws a bitch fit at ringside, the crowd laughs and the people in the ring begin to pair off, with Orton and Porter taking on RVD, while Michaels grabs a hold of John Morrison.

The two groupings go off into opposite corners, which leaves ANGLE and UMAGA glaring at each other from across the ring. The crowd roars, but the two stars don’t milk it for long this week, immediately charging at one another, and the right hands immediately begin to fly! Kurt quickly goes low with a boot to the gut, and then looks for the Angle Slam, but Umaga counters, landing on his feet, and catches Angle with a roundhouse kick to the side of his face, the same one which knocked him down a couple of weeks back!

With Angle down, holding his head, Umaga begins to dominate. Morrison charges, and is taken down by a clothesline! The same with Michaels! The Samoan Bulldozer watches as MVP charges ahead, only to be taken down with a thrust kick to the mouth!! Rob Van Dam is up next, and he manages to avoid an Umaga right hand, and begins to deliver hard shots to his skull. Angle gets back up to his feet, and begins to help RVD attack Umaga!!

Soon enough, MVP, HBK, and Morrison all get up … AND GO AFTER UMAGA!!! The five stars attempt to get rid of The Samoan Bulldozer while Orton watches. You can almost see the wheels in The Legend Killer’s head turning, as he wonders whether or not to get rid of Umaga or help him out, which would blow his ‘cover’. Orton lets out a smirk, before walking towards the group … AND TOSSES ANGLE OUT OF THE RING!!!

Eliminated - Angle by Orton @ 7:12.

Orton then grabs RVD, and looks to TOSS HIM OUT AS WELL … but Van Dam fights it!! RVD turns around and begins to brawl with Orton … only to be LOW BLOWED BY MICHAELS!! Orton staggers out of the way, as RVD holds himself, walking towards the ropes. Mr. Monday Night turns around -- BAM!!! SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!!

Michaels drills RVD with his Super Kick, AND SENDS VAN DAM FROM THE RING!!

Eliminated - RVD by HBK @ 8:36.

The crowd boos wildly, as Michaels smirks, and arrogantly gives RVD a couple of DX crotch chops!! Umaga fends off Morrison and Porter, as Michaels walks over and begins to brawl with Orton. HBK and The Legend Killer exchange a couple of right hands and settle down into the match. After about forty seconds … the crowd once again begins to buzz. The camera pans over to show … RVD SLIDING BACK INTO THE RING!!

Van Dam grabs Michaels and drills him with a right … then another … then another, as the crowd goes wild for the angry ECW alumnus. RVD shows incredible intensity in his eyes, before he backs up … and CLOTHESLINES MICHAELS OUT OF THE RING!!!

Eliminated - HBK by an already eliminated RVD @ 10:53.

The crowd continues to roar as Van Dam looks around the arena, fury on his face. With Michaels gone though, and the crowd cheering, Van Dam’s face lightens, and he raises his arms up, and takes a bow, before he leaves the ring.

Orton, MVP, Morrison and Umaga are the only legal men left. Morrison and Porter continue to work on Umaga, who holds his own, as Orton attempts to formulate his next move. Morrison and Porter begin to gain the upper hand on Mags, and The Legend Killer decides to help them out … only to have Umaga begin to fight out of the predicament. He catches both youngsters with hard back elbows, giving himself some space, and Orton immediately backs up with a smirk, after being eyed by The Samoan Bulldozer.

Orton holds his hands up, letting Umaga know it’s all good. ‘Mags goes to turn around … but Orton spins him and GOES FOR THE RKO -- BUT UMAGA SHOVES HIM DOWN TO THE CANVAS!!! The crowd cheers as it looks like Orton will get what’s coming to him, Umaga closing in … but as soon as Mags grabs The Legend Killer … Morrison and MVP charge forward … AND TOSS UMAGA FROM THE RING!!!

Eliminated - Umaga by MVP and Morrison @ 13:33

Orton stares at the two superstars in front of him, and begins applauding, trying not to give the indication as to whom he’s actually applauding for. The longer Orton claps … the more he notices that neither Porter nor Morrison are smiling … nor do they seem all that anxious to hurt one another … or take their eyes off of Orton … in fact, Orton must be thinking, they’ve pretty much been paired together this entire time …

MVP and Morrison look at one another … and smile, and Orton’s face goes almost completely expressionless, before he mouths “fuck”,
and quickly rolls out of the ring. Porter and Morrison leave the ring, and chase Orton!!

The Legend Killer slides back in, and his two pursuers follow. Randy hits the ropes, comes back, only to be drilled by a double back elbow!! The two in control then lift Orton back up and toss him into the corner. MVP then revs up and charges, going for the BIG BOOT, but Orton moves out of the way, and Porter straddles the top rope!! Morrison charges ahead, but Orton quickly drops down, catching The Guru of Greatness with a drop toe hold!!

The One Man Dynasty pops back up to his feet, and waits as Porter stumbles out of the corner. Orton ducks his attempt at a right hand, and then drills him with a modified backbreaker!! Morrison begins to stir, and Orton waits on him, looking to drill him with the RKO. The Shaman of Sexy finally gets all the way up, and ORTON GOES FOR THE RKO -- MORRISON COUNTERS, sending Orton off of the ropes. Orton comes back, and Morrison TOSSES HIM OVER THE TOP ROPE … BUT ORTON LANDS ON THE APRON!!

Morrison, realizing that Orton is not eliminated, charges ahead, but Orton ducks down, GRABS THE TOP ROPE, AND MORRISON TUMBLES OVER THE TOP ROPE OUT OF THE RING, TO THE FLOOR!!!

Eliminated - Morrison by Orton @ 17:01.

Orton lets out a slight smirk … only to be DRILLED IN THE FACE BY A HARD BOOT BY MVP!!! The crowd really begins to buzz as Orton dangles on the apron, only one hand holding onto the top rope now!! MVP then rocks Orton with a couple of hard rights!! Porter then pulls back for a big shot, but Orton ducks, and drills MVP with a LOW BLOW IN BETWEEN THE ROPES!!

The crowd gives a mixed reaction, as Randy then quickly drops down, and rolls under the bottom rope, back into the ring. MVP turns around, holding himself, and Orton lets out a smirk, charges forward, AND CLOTHESLINES PORTER OVER THE TOP ROPE … OUT OF THE RING, TO THE FLOOR!!!

Eliminated - MVP by Orton @ 18:27.

Winner -- And NEW NUMBER ONE CONTENDER for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam - ‘THE LEGEND KILLER’ RANDY ORTON @ 18:27.

The crowd furiously boos the One Man Dynasty as Orton raises his arms up in his ‘Destiny’ pose, breathing quite hard after barely surviving this thing. Chris Masters and Joey Mercury, Orton’s RKO Army, soon jog from the backstage area, slide into the ring, and begin to congratulate their leader. The two cronies then grab Orton and lift him onto his shoulders, parading Orton around the ring…

???: (clears throat)

~ The attention of everyone in the arena soon turns to the titantron, and the crowd pops loudly as THE WWE CHAMPION EDGE watches with a smile. The Rated R Superstar wears his shades, jeans and a gray ‘Rated R’ T-shirt, as Masters and Mercury let a confused Orton down from their shoulders.

Edge: Congrats, Randy, I’m really proud of you.

~ Orton and Edge both smirk, for different reasons.

Edge: So now, you get what you finally get what you wanted; a shot at me, a shot at the WWE Championship, one-on-one at SummerSlam.

~ Orton nods, as the crowd cheers a bit.

Edge: I guess there’s nothing else to say but … good luck.

~ The Rated R Superstar prepares to sign off, turning around, but soon turns back around.

Edge: Oh, Orton, one more thing. I hate to be the one to tell ya this, but I figured you should know.

~ Orton squints his eyes, confused.

Edge: Per my contract … for my first WWE Title defense … I get to choose the stipulation!

~ The crowd erupts as Edge smirks and Orton explodes, angrily yelling “WHAT!?” over and over again.

Edge: And y’know, I wanted to wait to tell you, so I wouldn’t ruin your big moment here tonight, but what the hell. A couple of weeks ago, I stole your little destiny catchphrase, and you got all pissy about it … so ... I’m gonna take one more. Three little letters will determine what happens at SummerSlam … but they won’t be R - K - O, oh no.

~ Orton gulps and the crowd begins to stir. Edge lets out a bit of a smirk.

Edge: They’ll be … T … L … C.

~ The crowd explodes with one of the loudest ovations of the night, as Orton looks ready to shit himself.

Edge: You, me, SummerSlam … in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match!

~ A loud ‘TLC’ chant begins to ring out, as Edge just sits still with a smirk. Orton, on the other hand, looks ready to snap.

Jim Ross: Oh my God!! TLC!! A Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam!!

Jerry Lawler: Tables, ladders and chairs, oh my!!

Jim Ross: Randy Orton outlasted seven other superstars for twenty minutes to get a shot at the WWE Title he held for five months without rest!! He gets it, he’s got his nemesis, ‘The Rated R Superstar’ Edge at SummerSlam, but he’s got to beat Edge, in Edge’s Match to do it!! My God, what a SummerSlam this is gonna be!! See ya next week, everybody!!

Raw goes off the air with a shot of Orton, holding his head down in the ring in complete disbelief.

End of Show

Current Card for SummerSlam
August 26th, 2007
East Rutherford, New Jersey

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Mr. Kennedy vs. John Cena OR Batista OR The Rock

WWE Championship; TLC Match:
‘The Rated R Superstar’ Edge
vs. 'The Legend Killer' Randy Orton

~ Show banner credit - JBLoser
~ Match banner credit - Crazian