Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2007 & Beyond - Doin' It To Death

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #1125 (permalink)
PatMan
This ... is not meth...

PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500PatMan 8001 - 8500
Default Re: WWE 2007 & Beyond by DDMac

Backlash Review

Opening: This didn’t need to be written out but I am glad that you would have had the video mainly focus on Austin, as his last match is the main attraction tonight.

WWE Tag Titles: This would be a great match to watch and I love what you have done with this feud. Didn’t expect to see Booker and the King’s Court but they made their presence known very early. I was glad to see the Hooligans retain the belts as I think they need a little more time as champs. I hope that you keep this feud going and I would love to see a triple threat at the next PPV between the Hooligans, the Carolina Connection, and the King’s Court. Great tag team match to get the night off to an explosive start.

Mixed Tag Team Match: This was an interesting choice to put on the card but I’m glad you did so that both titles could be defended. I thought this was going to be an inter-gender match where the women wrestle and the men wrestle separately, so the ending surprised me. I was not very happy with the result as I hate to see Carlito lose the IC Championship and Mickie retain the Women’s Championship. I felt you were finally going to get the title off of Mickie and you could have in this match without making her even get pinned. The match was good but the outcome was not very satisfying, in my opinion.

Cruiserweight Championship: This was a great WrestleMania rematch but like the mixed tag match, I was not a huge fan of the outcome. When I first saw that Chavo came into the ring to attack Rey, I thought it would be a full-fledged heel turn. I was disappointed to see Daniels win the title back so soon and allow Chavo to get back into the WWE. Rey could have won the match and the same thing would have happened. I am interested to see where this leads because Chavo seemed to feel sorry for what he did but that could just lead to a full heel turn later on. Either way, Rey and Chavo are going to be feuding, something we have seen before.

HBK vs. RVD: This was a great match to have in full and I think this is only the start of what should be a great feud for months to come. Great back and forth action throughout and the ending was very nice. I figured Van Dam had the match won after hitting the Five Star Frog Splash but Michaels was able to battle all the way back and hit RVD with TWO editions of Sweet Chin Music. Michaels not letting the referee raise his hand after the match may lead to a future full heel turn, as he is already a tweener. Van Dam needs to bounce back from this loss and I think he will, leading to him getting the best of HBK and tying them up at 1-1 when they meet again.

US Triple Threat: This was the weakest match on the card so I was glad that it got the least amount of time. Lashley and Henry were clearly the two who had the most time in the ring, which will probably lead to a one-on-one match down the road. The ending was a little bit sloppy with Lashley power slamming Henry and getting the three count. I figured Regal should have been the one to get pinned because Henry should have stayed looking strong. Decent match, about as good as it could have been.

World Tag Titles: This was a nicely paced match as both teams got to show off their unique skills. Glad to see that AMW didn’t get completely buried and as I predicted, they retained the belts. Mick Foley coming to the ring and getting AMW disqualified was a smart move as I don’t know how much longer Big Show/Umaga will be in the title picture with Foley vs. Umaga looming in the background. Glad to see that AMW is still the tag team champions and they should be starting a feud with Cade & Murdoch soon.

Rated R Challenge: This was the first match so far that I have been SHOCKED by the result. Nitro not showing up was kind of expected but I still thought Edge and Doane would be able to win the match. Glad to see that Orton and Edge didn’t get a ton of time in the ring with one another and Kenny getting pinned was the correct move. I think that even though Orton gets to choose his challenger, Edge will still be getting a shot at the WWE Championship, as this feud is very far from being over.

The Rock vs. John Cena: The attack by Cena before the match was not expected. I figured if anything, Cena would attack The Rock during or after the match with a chair. Cena stopping the count at two was perfect and then him beating The Rock until the referee stops that match was a great way to end the match. The Rock flipping Cena off was classic but the assault by Cena, culminating in the FU through the announce table, will probably put The Rock out for a few weeks. Great way to really get this feud rolling.

World Heavyweight Championship: This was better than the WrestleMania 23 match, much better. Batista dominating early was something that he needed to do and the match really picked up after the referee was knocked down. Flair bringing the chair into the ring was smart but the Hardys coming down got rid of Flair in a hurry. Kennedy using the chair gives me the impression that he is not a full-fledged face, as he will use weapons when given the opportunity. I can see Batista maybe turning on Flair soon, and this was not the last match between Kennedy and Batista … Steel Cage at JD??

Stone Cold’s Final Match: This was an amazing encounter and if it had been written out in full, it would have been even better. This feud was one for BTB history and for the feud and Stone Cold’s career to end with an ‘I Quit’ match, it just felt right. Angle and Austin beat the hell out of each other and there was one point where I thought Angle just might pick up the victory. Seeing Austin using the steel chair on Angle’s neck was a great way for the match to end, with Austin doing anything he needed to in order to win his last match. The ending with all of the superstars coming to the ring was nice … BUT THE STUNNER TO VINCE WAS EPIC!!! Couldn’t have pictured a better way for Stone Cold to go out.

Overall: This was an amazing recapped PPV, probably the best PPV I have read all month. I am interested to see where you go after some of the match results but I am sure the future will be great for this thread. All of the matches were top notch and I believe the different PPV schedule will help to develop feuds more. This was some great work Mac. 9.5/10

AS LONG AS IT MAY TAKE ... NOT REMOVING UNTIL
THE CHICAGO CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

PatMan Presents: World Wrestling Entertainment 2007
ROYAL RUMBLE HAS BEEN POSTED
THREAD CURRENTLY ON HIATUS ()