Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2007 & Beyond - Doin' It To Death

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #1068 (permalink)
DDMac
I mark for me

DDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whore
Default Re: WWE 2007 & Beyond by DDMac

Okay. From this show up until and including Backlash, it's gonna be all recaps (with a promo/match or two written in full). Enjoy.

Friday Night SmackDown!; April 6th, 2007

The night starts off with a recap of WrestleMania 23 before Styles and Tazz welcome us to the program and hype up our main event, which will see The Rock, The Undertaker, Bobby Lashley and Rey Mysterio battle it out in a Fatal Four Way Match, with the winner facing Mr. Kennedy for the World Heavyweight Title next week.

***Reality Check*** The crowd responds rather confused, but soon begin to boo mildly as The Miz makes his way down to the ring, not looking as goofy and arrogantly as usual.

Joey Styles: After a huge WrestleMania night last Sunday, with all the people we could possibly hear from to kick off the night, The Rock, Triple H, Mr. Kennedy, Batista, we get … The Miz? You gotta be kidding me. C’MON!!

Tazz: Relax, Joey. Maybe he’s got something important to say. Give him a chance.

Miz steps into the ring and calls for a mic, soon getting one.

Miz: Hoorah!! Hoorah!! Hoooooorah!!

A few idiots repeat what Miz says each time, but mostly boos filter in.

Miz: Oh, yeah, The Miz is here on your TV sets adding a little bit of reality to your lives!

Boos as Miz makes an angry face.

Miz: It’s just a shame that I couldn’t do the same for all you Mizfits last Sunday at WrestleMania 23. I know you guys were looking for me but - NEWSFLASH, the WWE has been trying to keep me down ever since I blasted on the scene.

More boos filter in - leaning towards X-Pac heat?

Miz: Well, let me tell you something. NO MORE! No more will I be held down by SmackDown!, the WWE or anybody!!

Slight “Boring” chants start up.

Miz: No more will I be held down by the restraints of scripted television! I’m about reality and reality is about to kick you in the face!! This is a new Miz, a -

“MMIISTERRRRRR KENNEDY … KENNEDY!!!”

***Turn Up The Tremble*** The arena EXPLODES into a tremendous ovation as the NEW World Heavyweight Champion Mr. Kennedy steps out onto the stage for the first time as champion. Kennedy lets out a smile, carrying the title on his shoulder, dressed to compete with a T-shirt on top.

Miz looks none too happy as KK continues on down to the ring, before stepping in and eyeing the Miz up and down, arrogantly chomping away on his gum. Kennedy then goes and gets a microphone. KK prepares to speak but loud “Kennedy” chants cut him off, causing not only Kennedy to smirk, but Miz to intervene.

Miz: What do you want, Mr. Kennedy, huh? What, did the WWE send their new golden boy out here to stop me from speaking the truth?

Kennedy looks rather perplexed.

Mr. Kennedy: The truth about what?

Miz: The truth about why I’m being held back.

Mr. Kennedy: And why would that be?

Miz: Because it’s a conspira-

Mr. Kennedy: Alright, that’s enough of that; I’m bored already.

The crowd cheers a bit as Miz looks frustrated.

Mr. Kennedy: I know why you’re not going anywhere. Oh, I know.

Miz raises an eyebrow as Kennedy nods.

Mr. Kennedy: Rumors have been flying rampant about why you’re not being pushed. I heard it may be politics, there were rumors about drug tests, or enemies in high places, and maybe Vince doesn’t like you, but eventually, believe me, I got to the bottom of it. I got to the REAL answer.

Miz seems rather excited now.

Miz: Why?

Mr. Kennedy: It’s because … you suck.

The crowd laughs a bit and then cheer as Kennedy smirks. The Miz looks on in silent anger as KK continues to chew on his gum a bit before speaking again.

Mr. Kennedy: (Turns to crowd) I know, it shocked me too. (Back to Miz) But it’s the truth. You’re just … not very good. You’re boring to talk to. You’re painful to watch. And you’re not that easy on the eyes. So, do yourself a favor, hand me the mic, get out of the ring, and allow … THE … NEEEWWWWW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION to speak, MMIIISTERRRRRR KEN-

Miz snatches the microphone, getting a gasp and then boos from the crowd. Kennedy looks at Miz in shock, before spitting his gum out.

Miz: (Talking angrily) I am sick and tired of being DISRESPECTED!!! I am sick and tired of being seen as a joke!! I am sick and-

Kennedy snatches the mic back.

Mr. Kennedy: Numero uno, don’t ever snatch my microphone. Numero dos, if you’re sick of being disrespected, stop talking like an idiot.

Crowd cheers

Mr. Kennedy: If you’re sick of being seen as a joke … don’t leave your house.

More cheers as Miz appears to be at his boiling point.

Mr. Kennedy: I don’t mean to be an asshole … well, yeah I do … but that’s besides the point. I was scheduled to come out here during this time, to talk about my huge championship win against Batista last Sunday at WrestleMania.

Crowd pops for the mention of KK’s title win.

Mr. Kennedy: Instead of me talking about the fight of my life, my proudest moment, the biggest moment in my career to date, on the biggest stage of them all, in front of thousands upon thousands of people, with millions upon millions of people watching worldwide … you’re out here babbling on about reality shows and disrespect. You got a problem, do something about it, because quite frankly, nobody wants to hear you bitch and moan for twenty minutes.

More cheers as Miz holds his head down.

Mr. Kennedy: *Whistles* Now hit the bricks.

Miz: But I -

Mr. Kennedy: BRICKS!!!

Kennedy turns his back on Miz and directs his attention toward the crowd, who continue to cheer him on.

Mr. Kennedy: Ladies and gentlemen, I come to you tonight fro-

Miz attacks Kennedy from behind, hitting him in the back and taking him down to the canvas!! The crowd boos wildly as Miz finally shows some intestinal fortitude, stomping away on the back of KK. Miz then lifts Kennedy back up to his feet and backs him up, before shooting him into the ropes.

Kennedy comes back and Miz throws a right, which KK ducks, then kicks Miz in the gut, before planting him with a DDT!! The crowd cheers as Kennedy pops back up to his feet, and moves his neck around, almost as if working out the cricks.

Kennedy then picks Miz up to his feet and tosses him onto his shoulders. The crowd cheers as KK backs up into the corner and climbs up the turnbuckle, before letting out a yell and flipping off, hitting the GREEN BAY PLUNGE!!

Kennedy gets back up to his feet, and picks the microphone off of the ground.

Mr. Kennedy: Miz didn’t like it, he did something about it, and he got dropped in the middle of this ring. The same goes to every single SmackDown superstar in the back - yeah, I’m looking at you, Big Dave Batista. I’m looking at you, Rey Mysterio. I’m looking at you, Bobby Lashley. I’m looking at you, Undertaker. And, yeah, I’m looking at you … Rock.

The crowd cheers after all the names, ESPECIALLY The Rock’s, even starting a slight “Rocky” chant.

Mr. Kennedy: I am … the World Heavyweight Champion.

More cheers

Mr. Kennedy: I am the alpha dog on SmackDown. And if you wanna do something about it, you step right on up. The Kennedy Administration has begun. Say it LOUD, say it PROUD, MIISTERRRRRRRRR KENNEDY!!!

The crowd cheers and prepares to chant along as Kennedy bends down and gets right into the face of the laid out Miz.

Mr. Kennedy: KEN - NA - DAY!!!

Kennedy tosses the mic down and picks up his World Heavyweight Championship belt, before heading back up the ramp to cheers. KK raises it up to cheers once more, before we fade out.

{Commercials}

The action of the night kicks off with a cruiserweight match up, Chris Sabin taking on Jamie Noble. The two put on a solid match up, getting a decent amount of time to showcase their abilities. The finish comes when Chris Sabin rolls Jamie Noble up in a school boy, getting the pinfall victory at 8:12.
After the match, the referee raises Sabin’s hand but Noble attacks Sabin from behind!! He takes the young former champion down and then begins to stomp away on him, with a new level of viciousness. The attack is capped off when Noble hits a couple of strong Tiger Bombs on Sabin, dead center of the ring!! Noble then takes his leave to heat from this sold-out crowd.

Backstage, Steve Romero stands by … with Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio. Rey talks a bit about his strong title win against Christopher Daniels at WrestleMania, calling it the greatest cruiserweight match in WWE history. Rey then says he plans to be just as much of a fighting champion as Daniels was, but tonight is about the World Heavyweight Championship, Rey says that he may not be the biggest, or strongest, or best in the Fatal Four Way but his win against Daniels proved that it’s the guy who wants it more that comes out the victor. And nobody wants it more than Rey Mysterio.

{Commercials}

Backstage, inside of her office, Stephanie McMahon shuffles through her papers until … The Game Triple H shuffles into her office, limping with a huge bandage on his forehead. Hunter demands to know why people who already have championships are in the main event, while he - a ten-time World Champion, is not. Steph simply states “they won their matches at WrestleMania, you lost”.
H goes off, stating that Stephanie has done everything to try to piss him off in recent weeks, and he’s just about through. Hunter demands to be put into the match, making it a Quintet, or there will be dire consequences. Steph declines, and Hunter says he’s going home and won’t be showing back up until he gets his proper respect. Expecting Stephanie to cave in now, he’s very disappointed and pissed off when Steph remarks “Fine. Go. You’re gonna walk because you’re not getting your way? I see you’ve learned a lot from Shawn Michaels.” The crowd cheers for that as H snarls and then leaves…

Up next, Mark Henry comes down to the ring to tremendous heat and grabs a microphone. Henry explains his turning on Kane at WrestleMania, stating that he’s no longer going to do what’s best for SmackDown, but what’s best for the World’s Strongest Man. Henry says that when people look out for SmackDown over self, it ends up biting them in the ass, and he’s learning from others’ mistakes. Styles and Tazz wonder what the hell he’s talking about … as Kane makes his way down to the ring, before we fade to a commercial break.

{Commercials}

In the second match of the night, Henry and Kane do battle. Sub-par match up, though not horrible, as Kane shows off some intensity. The finish comes when Kane looks like he may have the match in hand, ready for a choke slam, but a VERY small figure steps into the ring, mask on, and hits Kane with a pipe in the back!!
The ref calls for the bell at 6:12 but that shot didn’t even faze Kane, as he turns around and backs the small figure down. Henry regains his wits and drops Kane with a hard shot, before taking the pipe away from this unknown individual. Henry then goes to town, laying into the back and midsection of Kane with the damn lead pipe!!! Kane begins to cough up blood as officials run down, but Henry doesn’t stop his assault, continuing to bash Kane with the weapon until the unknown person finally leads Henry away.

{Commercials}

Back from the break, Stephanie McMahon checks on the well-being of Kane as he’s being put into an ambulance.

A video package plays, hyping up the NEW United States Champion, “The Real Deal” Bobby Lashley, showcasing his power, speed and explosiveness, before showing a graphic for the Fatal Four Way main event tonight.

In the third match of the night, former tag champs, Shelton Benjamin and Gregory Helms taking on The Mexicools. During the match, Styles announces that at Backlash, Benjamin and Helms will challenge The Hooligans for the WWE Tag Team Championship. It’s a solid match up, brimming with athleticism, but in the end, it’s Benjamin and Helms who pick up the victory, with Shelton leaping up to the top turnbuckle with incredible balance, catching Psichosis and hitting a superplex!! Psichosis holds his back and Helms follows up with the Shining Wizard!!! Benjamin then covers for the three count at 5:55.
London and Kendrick watch in awe from their locker room as Helms and Benjamin pose in the ring to a mixed reaction, gaining more and more support from the fans by the week.

{Commercials}

***I WALK ALONE***

BUSINESS HAS PICKED UP~! The crowd erupts into a mixed reaction, but that soon degenerates into heat as the FORMER World Heavyweight Champion, ‘The Animal’ Dave Batista and the NEW Money in the Bank Winner, ‘The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair, make their way down to the ring, both dressed immaculately in suits, but both sporting bandages from stitches due to injuries suffered from WrestleMania while Naitch carries the MITB briefcase.

Big Dave and Naitch step into the ring and Flair calls for a microphone. He soon gets one and hands it to The Animal. Flair sets his briefcase down and adjusts his suit as Batista angrily glares at the crowd who continue to bombard him with heat.

Batista: Management is gonna be REAL glad that we’re on FX for the next couple of minutes.

Batista takes himself a bit of a walk, attempting to calm himself down, but it’s of no use as he brings the mic back up.

Batista: WrestleMania 23, after I’ve beaten superstars after superstar, icon after icon, legend after GOD DAMN legend, Steel Cage Matches, Elimination Chambers, No Holds Barred Matches … I lose my World Heavyweight Championship in a straight up singles match against … Mr. Kennedy?

KENNEDY!!; Batista looks at the fans as if they’re crazy.

Batista: A GOD DAMN singles match against that BLOND HAIRED BITCH!? No, that’s complete bullshit and each everyone of you know it!!

Crowd boos

Batista: The greatest upset of all-time? The greatest fluke of all-time? I call it the biggest crock of shit that this business has ever seen!

‘Asshole’ chants start up.

Batista: Asshole? I’m the asshole? Try the best World Heavyweight Champion that this show has ever seen! Try the most DOMINANT man in the history of this business!! And now this joke of a wrestler, this … asshole is walking around with my World Heavyweight Championship?! Let me tell you something, if you think that’s gonna stay - if you think that’s gonna stay that way for long, you’ve got the biggest wakeup call of ALL TIME coming!!

Batista seethes with anger as Flair calms him down, taking the mic from him rather slowly. The crowd “WOOOS” as Flair begins to speak.

Ric Flair: Usually, I would come out here and talk about my incredible win in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match … but the big man is upset!! And when Big Dave is pissed off, that means the focus of myself, the focus of every wrestler who enjoys the ability to walk, the focus of all you fans and most importantly, the focus of every person in WWE management who enjoys their LIFE, turns to The Animal!!

Big time heat for Flair as Batista angrily leers at the crowd.

Ric Flair: But y’see, Batista won’t be angry for long. Because unlike that idiot, Edge on Raw a couple of months ago, (Flair talks lower and slower, emphasizing his point) Batista has got … a guaranteed rematch clause … for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Crowd boos

Ric Flair: That means regardless of whoever wins the Fatal Four Way Match tonight, regardless of who wins the title match next week, the World Heavyweight Title will end up around the waist of the most dominant World Heavyweight Champion of all time, “The Animal” Dave Batista!!

More boos

Ric Flair: So whether it’s Kennedy -

KENNEDY, followed by a great pop.

Ric Flair: Whether it’s The Undertaker -

Great pop.

Ric Flair: Whether it’s Bobby Lashley -

Nice pop

Ric Flair: Whether it’s Rey Mysterio -

Nice pop

Ric Flair: Or whether it’s The Rock

Tremendous pop for The Great One.

Ric Flair: It doesn’t matter who the champions is, the World Title is coming back home!! When, you ask? BACKLASH!!

Flair nods as Batista damn near salivates over the chance to regain his title. Flair takes off his jacket and tosses it to the ground, getting fired up.

Ric Flair: Until the end of the month, April 29th!!! That’s how long that Batista has got to wait before he crushes The Rock - WOOO - or crushes The Undertaker, or crushes Mysterio, or - WOOOO, crushes Lashley or crushes Kennedy!! And takes back the World Heavyweight Championship!!! WOOOO!! Backlash!! Backlash!! WOOO!!! Backlash, Goddamn it!!! WOOOO!!

The crowd “WOOS” along as Flair and Batista prepare to leave the ring.

***LOADED*** The crowd gives a strong pop as the Hardys, Matt and Jeff, step out onto the stage, both hobbling and limping from the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Both are dressed in their usual competitive attire with sleeveless Hardys T-shirts on top. Matt has mic in hand, ready to talk but Flair speaks first.

Ric Flair: The two of you better watch your mouths - watch what you say, because the big man and I aren’t ready for any-

Matt Hardy: You’d think you be in a better mood tonight, Ric. I know Batista’s a little pissed off about LOSING his World Heavyweight Championship-

Batista angrily glares at Matt, who lets out a smirk.

Matt Hardy: But, Ric, you should be happy. Mr. Money in the Bank … and all you had to do was wait for was myself, Jeff, RVD, Sabu and Ken Doane to damn near kill each other for twenty minutes, fall twenty feet off of ladders, through tables, be hit with chairs. Then, you swoop right in and grab the briefcase. You’re one lucky SOB.

Flair smirks, picks up his briefcase and holds it, while bringing the microphone back up to his mouth.

Ric Flair: Let me tell you kids something. Luck has nothing to do with it! It’s about being greater than your opponents. It’s about being better than your opponents. It’s about being THE MAN, The Nature Boy Ric Flair! But more importantly than that, it’s about using (points to his head) this. I bet you two wished you took me up and on my offer last week. Ha-ha, WOOOO!!

The crowd WOOOS along as Matt and Jeff look unimpressed.

Ric Flair: And before the two of you even ask, I’m not stupid like that Rob Van Dam last year, or Edge two years ago. I am NOT putting up this Money in the Bank contract under ANY circumstances, so if that’s what you came out here for, you’ve wasted my time, your time and the big man’s time.

The crowd boos as Matt and Jeff shake their heads. Batista grabs the mic from Flair in anger.

Batista: And, quite frankly, I’m getting sick and tired of looking at the two of you. You can’t get a shot at the Money in the Bank contract, but you can sure as hell get your asses kicked right here and now.

The Hardys look at one another and nod before sprinting to the ring - actually it’s more like gingerly jogging, but nevertheless, here they come! Matt and Jeff slide in and the brawl is on!!

Matt rocks Batista with right hands, while Flair rears back, looking to hit Jeff with the Money in the Bank briefcase, but he ducks and rocks The Nature Boy with rights, before clotheslining him over the top rope and to the outside!!

The elder Hardy doesn’t fare as well with Batista as The Animal goes low, hitting him with a knee to the gut, which has got to hurt even more than usual after some of the bumps Matt took in the MITB ladder match. He holds his stomach in pain and Batista tucks him between his legs, ready for a DEMON BOMB … but Jeff drills him with the briefcase!!! Batista holds his back in pain, turning around and the Hardys back up, and simultaneously clothesline the former World Champion over the top rope, to the outside!!

Loaded hits once more and the crowd cheers as The Hardys intensely stare from the ring. Flair helps Batista up to his feet on the outside and the two back up the entrance ramp, looking incredibly pissed.

{Commercials}

Vignette plays hyping the impending debut of The Straight Edge Superstar, CM Punk IN TWO WEEKS.

Styles and Tazz announce another match for next week on SmackDown - Batista and Ric Flair vs. The Hardys.

Backstage, The Rock cuts one of his amped up, high-energy promos, first talking about his brutal No Hold Barred Match with Triple H, before proceeding to run down all of his opponents in the Fatal Four Way Match - a midget, a “deadman” (complete with sarcastic quotes), and a black, even uglier version of Batista. Rock then talks about the possibility of facing Mr. Kennedy, stating that although he respects KK, he won’t hesitate to slap the peroxide out of his hair before taking the World Title. Rock then caps off the promo with his “If ya smell” catchphrase before walking off to a tremendous pop.

In the fourth match of the night, the three losers of the WrestleMania United States Title Match, King Booker, Finlay, and William Regal wrestle in a triple threat match. One would have to expect that the winner could find himself on the receiving end of a U.S. Title shot. We get ourselves a strong match but the finish comes when, Monty Brown steps into the ring, looking to help his King and charges, going for the POUNCE on Finlay, but he ducks and HITS BOOKER, taking him down!! Finlay then tosses Brown from the ring, and prepares to cover the downed Booker but Regal charges and hits him with a knee to the back, sending The Irishman flying from the ring!! Regal then covers Booker for the three count at 10:21.
Regal slides out of the ring, raising his arms in victory, as Sharmell checks on the King while Elijah Burke helps Monty back up to his feet. Styles and Tazz once more hype the main event before we cut to break.

{Commercials}

Main Event: Fatal Four Way Match:
Winner Receives World Title Match Next Week:
The Rock vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Rey Mysterio vs. The Undertaker
The World Heavyweight Champion Mr. Kennedy joins Styles and Ross for our main event With one fall to a finish, the match goes long with each competitor coming to the aid of the others to save the match up for themselves. Though all four are faces, the crowd takes to The Rock and Undertaker above the other two and eventually, that’s who it comes down to.
The Rock and The Phenom exchange right hands in the middle of the ring, and go through a long sequence of counters, before it ends with a CHOKESLAM from the Deadman. Taker looks ready to cover him, but Lashley enters the ring and SPEARS The Undertaker in half! Lashley looks ready to go for the cover, but WILLIAM REGAL sprints down the ramp and jumps up onto the apron!!
Lashley drops him with a right hand, but Lashley turns around and Mysterio trips him up with a drop toehold, causing Lashley to get caught on the middle rope. Rey follows up with THE 619 and looks to finish him off, but once he leaps up onto the top rope, he’s SHOVED OFF!! CLUSTERFUCK~! Rey hits the canvas hard and the camera pans over to show “THE FALLEN ANGEL” CHRISTOPHER DANIELS leaping back over the barricade through the crowd.
The crowd cheers as The Rock KIPS UP and waits on Mysterio. Rey slowly staggers back up … as The Undertaker SITS UP!! Rey stumbles around the ring and that allows Taker to turn Rock around, hitting him with a big boot, knocking Rock from the ring!! Rey turns around and Taker lifts him up onto his shoulders … before PLANTING HIM WITH THE TOMBSTONE -- AND THE DARKNESS COVER!!! 1... 2... 3!!!
Winner: The Undertaker at 20:34. The Undertaker challenges Mr. Kennedy next week for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Mr. Kennedy stares down at his World Heavyweight Title, resting on the announce table, as The Undertaker turns to face the champion, and gives him the throat slash, before dropping to a knee. Kennedy stands up and holds up his WHC with a hand, and Taker sticks out his tongue, a purplish aura overtaking the arena as Styles and Tazz give us the hard sell for next week.

END OF SHOW

Current Card for WWE Backlash:
Date: April 29th, 2007
Event Music: Daughtry; There and Back Again

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Mr. Kennedy OR The Undertaker vs. ‘The Animal’ Batista w/Ric Flair

---

WWE Tag Team Championship Match:
The Hooligans vs. Shelton Benjamin & Gregory Helms

World Tag Team Championship Match:
America’s Most Wanted w/Gail Kim vs. Big Show & Umaga w/Heyman & AAE