Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2007 & Beyond - Doin' It To Death

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #951 (permalink)
DDMac
I mark for me

DDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whore
Default Re: WWE 2007 & Beyond by DDMac

Thanks for the votes in the BTB Awards. Much appreciated. I marked out.

Sorry but this SmackDown! is in recap. Back to full shows for the last week before Mania though. One promo is written out in full, as I feel it’s rather vital since the match has lacked a bit of “official” hype and it introduces new character traits and NEW WRESTLERS~! New wrestlers right before Mania? Oh yeah.

SmackDown; March 23rd, 2007; Chicago, Illinois:

Joey Styles and Tazz welcome us to the broadcast, hyping up our two main events, consisting of Batista & Flair versus Kennedy & Sabin and vengeful rivals, The Rock & Triple H versus Mark Henry & Kane.

The first match of the night takes place with the WWE Tag Titles on the line, The Hooligans defending against Shelton Benjamin and Gregory Helms. The four VERY talented superstars tear it up, kicking off the night by putting on one of the best contests that we’ve seen in quite a long time.
The finish comes when Kendrick and Helms are taken out of the equation when Kendrick performs a Shooting Star Press off of the turnbuckle onto Helms on the ground below, leaving Benjamin and London in the ring. With Shelton down, London climbs to the top but Benjamin KIPS UP and charges - but London leaps over the top of him! London turns around and Shelton hit’s the T-BONE SUPLEX!! The ref gets to two but the bell rings, signaling a 20 minute time limit DRAW!
After everything cools down, Helms and Benjamin show their disapproval, actually gaining sympathy and applause from the fans as Kendrick looks somewhat … disgusted with his tag team partner.

Backstage, The Rock arrives to the arena, receiving a thunderous ovation as Styles and Tazz hype up his tag team match with his archrival, Triple H, here tonight.

After a commercial break, we get the second match of the night, with Jeff Hardy taking on Christopher Daniels. Daniels and Hardy put on a solid match up, and though their stars seem to clash a bit, they mesh well together with Jeff getting in the majority of the offense. In the end though, it’s Daniels who picks up the victory, managing to hit The Angel’s Wings after a distraction from Danger, picking up the pinfall at 7:03.

Backstage, Josh Matthews stands by with Triple H and asks him about his tag team match, teaming with Rock here tonight. Hunter goes on and on about how Rock will have to coexist with him tonight, knowing that he’ll end Rock’s career nine days from now. H then says he won’t do anything tonight, but at WrestleMania, he’s putting the final nail in the coffin of Rock’s career.

Raw Rebound

Inside of a locker room, King Booker and Queen Sharmell talk, very intently, though the they are out of earshot of the camera. Styles and Tazz hype up Booker addressing the crowd on the U.S. Title Match signed for WrestleMania.

Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio wrestle one another in the third match of the night. Mysterio and Hardy show their typical chemistry, putting on a good match for the fans in attendance. Hardy dominates the opening minutes until Rey’s speed and athleticism become a problem. Towards the end of the match, Daniels appears at the top of the ramp and distracts Mysterio long enough to be on the receiving end of a Twist of Fate, and the pinfall victory at 8:12.
Daniels smiles at the top of the ramp at a downed Mysterio, getting one up on his WrestleMania opponent, nine days before the clash. Cut to break.

***Royalty*** The crowd boos as King Booker and Queen Sharmell step onto the stage and Book raises up his pinky to even more heat. The two then continue on down the ring, stepping in and grabbing a microphone.

King Booker: My humble servants of my SmackDown! Kingdom, at WrestleMania 23, the first day of April, your lord, King Bookah, will be challenging for the prestigious United States Championship in a Fatal Four Way Match, also featuring PEASANTS like the current U.S. Champion William Regal (mixed reaction), that turncoat Finlay (mixed reaction) and that ROAGUE Bobby Lashley!

The crowd cheers for Lashley as King Booker sneers at the audience.

King Booker: And what a shame it was when I first learned of this new match. I shouldn’t even be able to challenge for this match; I should’ve been handed a spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match! And before that I should’ve been handed a spot in the main event of WrestleMania 23 instead of scoundrels like Dave Batista and Mister Kennedy!

KENNEDY

King Booker: But since our General Manager has shown nothing but disrespect for King Bookah, I’m not shocked that this is the case. But make no mistake about it, I will be leaving Ford Field with the United States Championship around my waist after I vanquish my three foes who aren’t worthy enough to lace up the boots of KING BOOK-AH, let alone be in the same ring as I.

Heat.

King Booker: And just like Stephanie McMahon doesn’t appreciate King Bookah, that match is filled with people who don’t appreciate King Bookah. First, there was Sir David Finlay. He was doing NOTHING - absolutely NOTHING before I took him into my Court. But the second that he thinks he had the upper hand on King Bookah, he got all uppity. But you know what happened, he was bested soon enough by the Lord of SmackDown!

‘Asshole’ chant starts up, cutting Book off.

King Booker: Then there was Sir William Regal, who had the audacity to attack King Bookah simply because I “abandoned” him in a tag team match at Saturday Night’s Main Event.

Booker shakes his head in disgust.

King Booker: Let’s get this cleared up right now. I would NEVER abandon a tag team partner of mine. I have asthma and I was feeling a potential uprising so I went to the back. That’s all that happened!!

Booker begins to cough wildly and Sharmell checks on him, as a ‘Bullshit’ chant starts up. Book finally shakes it off and continues.

King Booker: (One last cough) Excuse me. And as for that disgusting peasant, Robert “Bobby” Lashley (pop). He needs to get himself in place because the next time that he gets into MY face, I foresee a misunderstanding of grave and perilous consequences for young Robert. Now, all of you join in as my lovely queen, Sharmell, says the most holy of holy phrases.

Booker hands the mic to Sharmell.

Queen Sharmell: … All hail … King Booker!! All hail … King Booker!! All hail … King Booker!! All hail … King Booker!! All hail … King Booker!!

***Born Naughty*** The crowd gives a mixed reaction as the United States Champion William Regal steps out onto the stage, dressed in a grey suit, title belt folded up under his arm, microphone in hand.

William Regal: Just what in the bloody hell do you think you’re doing?

Booker takes the mic from Sharmell.

King Booker: How dare you!? How dare you!? How dare you interrupt my Queen or myself. I’M KING BOOKAH!!

Heat.

William Regal: I’ve got news for you, Booker, you’re not a King, nor are you English. You’re a black man from Houston, Texas, playing dress-up and if you don’t watch your step, sunshine, you’re going to find yourself on the receiving in of a couple of left hands! Do you catch my drift?

The crowd actually pops for Regal as Booker looks disgusted, slowly taking his crown off and handing it to his wife.

King Booker: (Drops English accent) You didn’t just say that. Somebody tell me you did not - just - say that!

William Regal: Oh, I said it and tell you something else. If you, Bobby Lashley, or Finlay think that you’re going to walk into WrestleMania 23 and just take my United States Championship, you’ve got another thing coming.

Booker rolls his eyes.

William Regal: I’ve been wrestling for so many years, and gotten into so many wars, I’ve almost lost track of them all, but the fact is, when we head into Ford Field on the grandest stage of them all, with millions of fans watching, it’s going to be the biggest night in my career, the biggest night in yours, the biggest night in Lashley’s and the biggest night in Finlay’s, and I’ll be damned if it’ll end badly for myself.

King Booker: I’ve been on the big stage before, Regal, this is nothing new to me. You dig what I’m sayin. King Bookah was born for the big stages. So this is a big deal for you, but this is just another day for me, dawg when I take that championship.

William Regal: Believe me, Booker, this United States Championship means far more than that piece of tin you held five times … five times … five times … five times … FIVE TIMES!

OH! Booker’s eyes light up with anger as he takes off his blazer.

King Booker: Enough of the talkin’! Regal, bring your ass down here and receive your royal ass-whoopin at the hands of KING BOOKAH!

Regal takes a second, slowly taking off his suit jacket, folding it up and placing it on the ground and then placing his United States Championship on top of it. Regal then takes off his tie and sprints down the entrance ramp!! Booker readies himself as Regal slides in and the brawl is on with the two veterans teeing off on one another!

Soon enough, it’s Regal who gains the advantage, knocking Booker down with a clothesline!! Regal then begins to wail away on him, but Sharmell leaps onto Regal’s back! Booker then LOW BLOWS Regal, sending him down to the canvas in a heap! Booker then stomps away on him over and over and over again!!

Finally, FINLAY sprints down the entrance ramp, wanting him some of Booker! Finlay slides in and blocks a right hand from Booker before lighting the 5x WCW Champ up with hard shots of his own, backing him up into the corner!

Suddenly though, a young black man, dressed in a shirt and jeans, braids in his hair leaps over the ring apron and into the ring, attacking Finlay from behind!! The kid stomps away on the Irishman as Sharmell cheers him on.

Now, BOBBY LASHLEY sprints down to the ring, receiving a great ovation from the fans, before sliding into the ring!! Lashley cleans house, taking the unknown youngster down with a clothesline, and once Booker gets up, he’s taken down with a strong back elbow!

The Real Deal dominates like only he can … until another black man, dressed much like the first in a shirt and jeans, though MUCH larger and with shorter hair, climbs over the ring barricade and into the ring!! The large man and Lashley come face to face and the crowd gets excited, these two men almost identical in size and stature. Neither man looks ready to back down an inch until Sharmell hits a LOW BLOW on Lashley, keeling him over.

The large man then grabs Lashley by the hand and shoots him off the ropes, before he bounces off the ropes himself and catches Lashley with a strong leaping shoulder tackle, sending Lashley tumbling through the ropes and out of the ring!!!

The man then lifts Regal up and holds him, allowing the recovered Booker to just tee off on him with right hands before dragging Regal into the corner. The first man to help Booker gets up to his feet and then charges forward, leaping into the air and driving his knees right into the back of the U.S. Champion!!!

Finlay gets back up to his feet and attempts to strike anything that moves, managing to catch Booker and company with the wild right hand or two but eventually he’s beat down as well, and then receives a SCISSORS KICK for his effort!!

The crowd boos as Booker raises his pinky into the air, as all three of his opponents lay out in the ring, his queen by his side, and apparently, these two new and clearly talented men by his side.

After a commercial break, Booker and company head out of the arena but are soon accosted by Kristal Marshall. Booker introduces the unknown stars as “The Express” Elijah Burke and “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown, before stating he’ll take the U.S. Title at WrestleMania 23. The New King’s Court then head out of the arena.

Our first main event of the night takes place with Triple H and The Rock taking on Mark Henry and Kane. Decent match-up. Henry and Kane perform solidly enough and believe it or not, Rock and Triple H manage to coexist, working together with obvious tension between the two though obviously. The ending comes though when Rock hits The Rock Bottom on Kane and then tags in Hunter. Triple H comes in and … PEDIGREES THE ROCK!!! H then drags Kane on top of Rock before rolling out of the ring and smirking, backing up the ramp as the crowd boos furiously as the ref counts the three at 9:45.

Inside of his locker room, Rey Mysterio sits watching his television, remote in hand. Chavo Guerrero is on the screen as Mysterio apparently watches footage of Chavo’s interview from last week. He rewinds and plays the same part of Chavo’s speech over and over referring to the Mysterio-Daniels WrestleMania match …“A lot of people could say this match up should’ve taken place so I didn’t have to put my career on the line … but that’s neither here nor there.” Rey rewinds it and watches again and again before he holds his head in his hands, shaking his head, miserable, before we cut away.

Elsewhere, Triple H walks down the hall, beaming as the crowd boos him wildly. Hunter soon stops as he stares at the GM, Stephanie McMahon. Steph says she warned H about turning on The Rock and Hunter responds by stating Steph won’t possibly effect her WrestleMania money-making match so don’t bother with the empty threats. Steph says he’s right before stating that next week, Hunter will have a match with Mark Henry … and Kane!! H goes crazy before we cut away.

John Cena comes down to the ring, receiving an incredibly loud mixed reaction. Cena runs down all of The Undertaker’s WrestleMania opponents from Snuka to Hunter to Flair to Henry and everyone in between, calling them all chumps and said that Taker’s managed to defeat a steady flow of untalented/slow monsters, washed up legends, and overrated superstars.
Cena then says he’s calling The Undertaker out next week and then goes on to guarantee that Taker WON’T show up, saying the Undertaker is “scared shitless” of The Boss, before dropping the mic and leaving to another thunderous mixed reaction.

After a break; Backstage, Matt and Jeff Hardy have a chat, clearly fatigued from their matches here tonight, but they are interrupted by Ric Flair and the World Heavyweight Champion Batista; both men dressed to compete. Flair tells Matt and Jeff that RVD and Sabu will be on the same page in the MITB match come WM, therefore the SD superstars need to get on the same page as well. Matt and Jeff clearly seem skeptical but soon say they’ll think about it, eliciting a smirk from Flair and a long glance from The Animal.

We finally get the main event, with Batista and Ric Flair teaming to take on Mr. Kennedy and Chris Sabin. Flair and Sabin dominate the majority of the action, playing off their veteran/youngster, high-flyer/grounded wrestler styles.
Batista and Kennedy never touch one another until the final tag is made and both men enter the ring to a thunderous ovation! They square off for a quick minute or two with neither man gaining a decisive advantage before Sabin and Flair are tagged back in. Eventually, Kennedy is dragged to the outside by Batista and tossed over the barricade and into the crowd!
The finish comes when Flair slaps the Figure Four on Sabin, grabbing the ring ropes for leverage and getting the submission victory at 10:26.

After the match up ends, The Nature Boy keeps the hold locked in for even more time as the ref calls for the bell and Sabin continues to tap out wildly. Soon enough, Batista reenters the ring and begins to swing away on Sabin’s face with hard shot after shot after hard shot, after hard shot.

Kennedy gets back over the barricade, and grabs a steel chair, before sliding back into the ring. Flair quickly lets go of the hold and both he and Batista take off out of the ring, just avoiding the chair-swinging Kennedy.

Kennedy and Batista stare at each other with the World Heavyweight Champion smirking while Kennedy looks rather disgusted as SmackDown! fade off of the air, with The Animal and The Nature Boy getting one more over on the 2007 Royal Rumble Winner.

END OF SHOW

Current Card for WWE WrestleMania XXIII:

Date: April 1st, 2007
Event Music: Saliva; Ladies and Gentlemen

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
World Heavyweight Champion Batista w/Ric Flair
vs. 2007 Royal Rumble Winner Mr. Kennedy

WWE Championship Match; Three Way Dance:
‘The Legend Killer’ Randy Orton
w/Melina
vs. ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels
vs. ‘The Rated R Superstar’ Edge