Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2007 & Beyond - Doin' It To Death

View Single Post

Old 12-19-2006, 01:27 PM   #535 (permalink)
DDMac
I mark for me

DDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whoreDDMac is a rep whore
Default Re: WWE 2006 & Beyond by ddmrko

Pretty good Pay Per View in my opinion, definitely better than SummerSlam (which was the PPV of the month *pats self on back.*) No Sunday Night Heat, as I hate the concept in reality and BTB.
Read. Enjoy. Review.

WWE Unforgiven

Date:

September 24, 2006

Theme Music:
Enemy; Fozzy

Opening Video Package:

The video opens with flashing clips of all of the major players for tonight, JBL, Chris Benoit, The Big Show, The Undertaker, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Mr. McMahon, Edge and then capping off with the WWE Champion, “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels. We close up on an hour glass with there being plenty of time & sand left in it.

Narrator:
Time….the most precious gift we have. For some superstars, time has passed…

Randy Orton:
RIC FLAIR!! Your time has ran out. This ain’t the 80s anymore Ric. You’re not the man around here. There’s no more stylin’ and there’s no more profilin‘. We are now in the era of “The Legend Killer”.

Flashing clip of Orton doing his destiny pose.

Ric Flair:
ORTON!! My time is up!? Sixteen times! Sixteen times, the heavyweight champion of the world! I’m always gonna be the man! And I’ll prove it by whippin your ass tonight! WOOOO!!!

Clip of fans doing the “I’m not worthy” bow to Flair.

The hour glass is still relatively full as the video continues.

Narrator:
For certain superstars, the time is now!

John Bradshaw Layfield:
In the words of someone who used to be relevant, MY TIME IS NOW! Tonight begins the one true America Hero’s journey back to the mountain top. Tonight, Benoit goes down to The Wrestling Gawd…again!

Clip of JBL defeating Benoit at WrestleMania 22.

Chris Benoit:
Twenty years! I’ve wrestled, and toiled, and scratched, and clawed, and given it my all for twenty years and I have never been the WWE Champion!! But that’s all gonna change, and its all gonna change starting tonight! JBL, you will tap out and there’s not a damn you thing you can do about it! Prove…me…wrong!

Clip of Benoit making JBL tap out on an edition of RAW.

The Big Show:
It doesn’t matter who I have to go through. I am 7 feet tall! 500 POUNDS!!! Nobody…nobody…is gonna get in my way. Not Bradshaw. Not Chris Benoit and NOT the Deadman!

Clips of Show’s massive feats of strength, including pulling down the titantron and tipping over a jeep!

The Undertaker:
Braaadshaw, Benoit, Big Shoooow….Tonight…you will…REST…IN…PEEEEEAAAACE!!!

Clips of The Undertaker standing over some of the greatest superstars of all time, Austin, Rock, Hogan, Foley, Triple H and HBK.

We go once again to the hour glass which still has a sufficient amount of time left.

Edge:
Michaels, I don’t give a damn who you’ve beaten in the past, your title reign is a FLUKE! You didn’t be me for my WWE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Shot of HBK pinning Triple H at SummerSlam, quickly followed by a clip of a distraught Edge.

Edge:
Tonight is the night! I get everything that is rightfully mine back. I don’t give a damn about you. I don’t give a damn about McMahon, the only thing I care about is my WWE Title coming back to The Rated R Superstar!

Clip of Edge staring at the WWE Championship, almost with a sick obsession.

Shawn Michaels:
Listen to me boy, it takes a lot more than a crooked referee and a superstar who couldn’t carry my jock on his best day, to fluster the ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels. Lemme tell you something, I’ve been in a hell of a lot worse spots, so I can do this with my eyes closed.

Clips of Michaels hot run in the mid 90s, overcoming obstacle after obstacle, from Vader to Taker to Foley to Sid Vicious to Diesel.

Edge:
Tonight, there’s no Kliq and there’s no DX! I’m walking out with what’s mine!

Clip of Edge spearing Michaels!

Shawn Michaels:
Edge, quick question, Are you Ready??

Shot of Michaels giving Edge Sweet Chin Music!

Narrator:
But what happens when time runs out??!!

We cut back to the hour glass which is still almost filled to the top. A hand then grabs the hour glass and turns it upside down, causing all of the sand to rush out and time to run out! The camera then pans back to show Mr. McMahon in a referee shirt. McMahon smiles and then quickly, clips of DX’s run in 2006 plays, highlighting the male stripper, the cock, and DX doing several crotch chops towards McMahon. We then return to McMahon.

Mr. McMahon:
Shawn, quite frankly, you’re just…UNFORGIVEN!!!!

The video then closes with a fade out of Mr. McMahon with a sick smile on his face.

AND NOW…

UNFORGIVEN!!!

*Pyro*

*Pyro*

*Pyro*

*Pyro*

The fans go wild and the theme music for Unforgiven, Enemy, blasts throughout the Staples Center. We are welcome to the pay per view by the RAW broadcast team of Jim Ross and Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler.

Jim Ross:
Ladies and gentlemen, you are in for one of the biggest nights of your life. Welcome to Unforgiven! I’m Good Ol J.R., Jim Ross, here with Jerry “The King” Lawler and do we have a show in store for you tonight.

Jerry Lawler:
The stars are out here in Los Angeles but it doesn’t get any bigger than the superstars of Monday Night RAW!

Jim Ross:
Its new school versus old school. Its young versus old. The best way to put it would be quite simply, Legend versus Legend Killer. Tonight, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair takes on “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton. What a slobber knocker of a match up that is going to be.

Jerry Lawler:
Oh. No doubt about that one J.R. but what about the huge #1 Contender mini-tournament going on tonight?!

Jim Ross:
That is absolutely huge. JBL takes on “The Rabid Wolverine” Chris Benoit. The Undertaker takes on The Big Show. And the winners of those matches will battle right here tonight for the shot at the WWE Championship!

Jerry Lawler:
As big as those matches are, its gets no bigger than the WWE Championship match and I have a feeling we could be seeing a new WWE Champion by the end of the night.

Jim Ross:
Shawn Michaels defends his championship against “The Rated R Superstar” Edge. With Mr. McMahon as the special referee.

Jerry Lawler:
The unbiased special referee J.R.. Ha. Ha.

Jim Ross:
What a night tonight will be! Los Angeles is ready. I’m ready. Lets get this night underway!

*STOCK MARKET BELLS*

“Longhorn” hits to a tremendous amount of heat. John Bradshaw Layfield makes his way onto the stage area, toothy grin and all. JBL Texas Two-Steps down the entrance ramp and then steps into the ring.

Lilian Garcia:
The following contest is scheduled for one fall. The winner of this contest will face the winner of the Undertaker-Big Show match later on tonight. Introducing first, from New York City, weighing in at 287 pounds, JOHN ‘BRADSHAW’ LAYFIELD!

Jim Ross:
The self-proclaimed Wrestling God is here and he’s here for one purpose and that is to earn an opportunity at the WWE Championship. But he’s got to go through Chris Benoit to do it.

Jerry Lawler:
And he’s got to go through either The Undertaker or The Big Show after he beats Benoit! If he beats Benoit.

“Whatever” hits to a great pop from the Los Angeles crowd. “The Rabid Wolverine” Chris Benoit walks down the entrance ramp, completely focused on one goal, defeating JBL. Benoit enters the ring and JBL immediately bails to the outside, not wanting to start this match before he has to.

Lilian Garcia:
And his opponent, now residing in Atlanta, Georgia, weighing in at 229 pounds, “The Rabid Wolverine” CHRIS BENOIT!

Jim Ross:
He may be the best technical wrestler in the world today. But does Chris Benoit have what it takes to climb back up the mountain once again. His journey begins right here tonight.

Match #1
John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Chris Benoit
Winner of Match Faces Victor of Taker/Show for #1 Contendership

JBL re-enters the ring and stares at Benoit, who still has a determined look on his face as The Rabid Wolverine is 100% focused on this match up. The referee calls for the bell. The bell rings and this huge match up is officially underway. JBL and Benoit circle the ring and then lock up in collar and elbow tie up. Bradshaw has the clear strength advantage and backs Benoit up into the corner. The two superstars jockey for position as the referee tries to pull them apart. Benoit and JBL finally break the collar and elbow tie up and the referee surprisingly gets a clean break. JBL slowly backs away from the corner and Benoit watches him do it, not trusting him for one second. The two superstars once again come toward the center of the ring and lock up in the same position. JBL locks in a side headlock and begins to squeeze, trying to weaken his technically sound opponent. Benoit backs his larger opponent into the ring ropes and shoots him off. The burly Texan comes back and runs Benoit over with a strong shoulder block. JBL takes a second to admire his actions before shooting off of the ropes. Bradshaw attempts to hit the Wolverine with an elbow drop but Benoit rolls out of the way and JBL’s elbow smashes into the canvas!

Benoit gets up to his feet slightly before JBL does and The Crippler goes on the attack. He hits JBL with a scintillating knife edged chop, lighting up the chest of the transplanted New Yorker. Benoit then hits him with another stinging chop to the chest, backing him up into the corner. He hits JBL with a knee to the gut and then another, using his intense style to wear down the bigger man. Benoit then hits him with a couple of forearm shots to the face, moving from the body to the head with incredible fluidity. He pulls JBL out of the corner, kicks him in the gut and takes him over with a variation of his snap suplex, hitting the first actual ‘move’ of the match up. Benoit covers him, the first pin fall attempt of the match and the night.

…1...

…………….

…NO!

JBL kicks out with ease, as its too early on in the contest for a victory. Benoit lifts JBL up to his feet and delivers another nasty knife edged chop. JBL fires back with a knife edged chop of his own, much to the shock of Benoit and the crowd. The Crippler simply brushes it off like its nothing and nails Bradshaw with another chop, backing him into the corner. JBL clutches his chest in pain, a result of the five or so chops Benoit has delivered tonight. Benoit rears back for another chop but Bradshaw gives him a kick to the gut before he can deliver. Beniot drops to a knee and JBL shoots off of the ropes. He comes back and kicks Benoit right on the side of the head, taking him down. Bradshaw lifts Benoit up to his feet only to hit him with a swinging neck breaker, taking The Wolverine right back down to the canvas. He gets up to his feet and hits him with an elbow drop! JBL gets back up to his feet and hits him with one more elbow drop before going for the pin fall victory.

…1...

…………….

…………

…NO!

Benoit kicks out, still not weakened enough. Bradshaw lifts Benoit up to his feet and backs him into the corner. JBL attempts to shoot him into the opposite corner but Benoit grabs the top rope, refusing to cooperate. JBL hits him with a stiff right hand and Benoit’s grip of the top rope loosens. He grabs him by the hand and shoots The Wolverine into the opposite corner with a severe amount of force. Benoit hit’s the turnbuckle hard and the momentum sends him down to the canvas hard! JBL lets out a smile as he has taken control of this very important match up. Bradshaw lifts Benoit up to his feet and gives him a hard clubbing shot to the back, taking him back down to the mat. JBL lifts Benoit back up to his feet, grabs him by the hand and shoots him into the corner. JBL smiles to his ‘adoring’ public and they shower the former WWE Champion in boos. He soon refocuses on his opponent and charges into the corner. Benoit, who has had the time to recover, gets his feet into the face of JBL, knocking him backwards and stopping his momentum. JBL comes back at Benoit and attempts a right hand.

The Crippler ducks, goes behind and wraps his arms around the waist of JBL. He pops the hips and takes Bradshaw over with a strong German suplex. The back of JBL’s head hit’s the mat hard as Benoit keeps his hands locked in. Benoit keeps his hands clasped together as he gets back up to his feet and delivers another German suplex to JBL! He lifts Bradshaw up to his feet and hits him with one more belly to back suplex, before finally releasing the hold. Benoit gets back up to his feet and does his signature throat slash, which is the signal for the diving head butt. Benoit walks towards the corner, climbs onto the ring apron and climbs to the top turnbuckle. Benoit somewhat loses his footing on the top which gives JBL an opportunity. Bradshaw quickly gets up to his feet and bounces off the ropes. Benoit loses his footing and slips, causing him to straddle the top turnbuckle! JBL then rears back and hits him with a nasty right hand, knocking Benoit off of the turnbuckle and down to the floor! Bradshaw follows to the outside and plans to take full advantage of Benoit’s tactical error. He lifts his opponent up to his feet and drags him towards the announce table. JBL then lifts Benoit’s head up and smashes it against the table! He then grabs The Wolverine and rolls him back into the ring. JBL gets back into the ring and goes for the cover.

…1...

………………..

………….

…NO!

Benoit reaches out and grabs the bottom rope, rather than kicking out which would have exerted more energy. Frustrated, JBL delivers a stiff kick to Benoit’s head! And then another! He then lifts Benoit up to his feet and flings him out of the ring. JBL adjusts his elbow pad and his knee pads before following to the outside. He grabs Benoit by the back of the head and the tights and throws him into the steel ring steps! Benoit’s head and shoulder smack the steps with an extreme amount of authority as JBL just grins at the damage. He lifts Benoit up to his feet and tosses him back into the ring. Bradshaw covers Benoit and this time hooks the leg.

…1...

……………..

…………

….2.…

NO!

Benoit kicks out once again. JBL’s look of confidence and arrogance quickly turns into one of anger and frustration. He lifts Benoit up to his feet and prepares to inflict more damage but The Rabid Wolverine will have none of it. He gets a sudden adrenaline rush and hits Bradshaw with forearm shots to the face. Benoit then pulls back and hits him with a knife edged chop. Benoit attempts to capitalize on his momentum and shoots off of the ropes. JBL catches Benoit coming in with a stiff straight big boot to the face taking Benoit down. JBL lifts Benoit up and backs him into the corner. He then opens up on him, hitting The Wolverine with hard knees to the gut. The Wall Street Warrior them follows up with a hard shot to the face of Benoit. JBL then lifts Benoit up and sets him on the top turnbuckle. Bradshaw dishes out some more punishment, hitting hard right hands to Benoit’s face, before climbing to the second rope. Benoit catches JBL coming up, hitting him with a hard head butt. Benoit follows the first one up with several more, the last of which knocks JBL off of the rope and onto his back. JBL gets back up to his feet and Benoit flies off of the top. He drills JBL with a hard missile dropkick, knocking JBL down! Both Benoit and JBL lie down on the canvas as the referee begins his double knockout ten count.

One…

(Both JBL and Benoit don’t move)

Two…Three…

(Benoit and JBL begin some movement)

Four….Five….

(JBL makes it up to his feet as Benoit makes it up to a knee)

The referee stops his count and JBL goes back on the attack. Bradshaw attempts a short arm clothesline but Benoit ducks and goes behind. JBL’s face shows an extreme amount of fear as he does not want to go on this ride again. JBL hits Benoit with some hard back elbows and forces The Wolverine to relinquish his grip. Bradshaw then turns to face Benoit but The Crippler kicks JBL in the gut and hits him with a vertical suplex. Benoit keeps the hold on JBL’s trunks and swings his hips, lifting him and Bradshaw back up to a vertical base. Benoit delivers another vertical suplex. He follows the same formula as the first one. He holds the trunks, swings the hips and gets back up to his feet. He takes JBL over with a final vertical suplex, capping off the Three Amigos! The crowd pops huge as Benoit pounds his chest and gives a throat slash. Benoit goes over to a corner and climbs to the top turnbuckle! With JBL laying on the ground in pain, Benoit flies off of the top turnbuckle and hit’s a flying head butt!! Benoit holds his forehead in pain as JBL doesn’t move. Benoit then recovers and covers JBL.

…1...

……………..

…………

…2...

………………..

……NO!

JBL barely gets a shoulder up, avoiding the loss in this very crucial match up. Benoit gets up to his feet and walks towards the legs of JBL. He grabs his large legs and attempts to lock in the Sharpshooter! JBL fights it as Benoit struggles to lock in the hold. JBL finally manages to kick Benoit off and sends Benoit across the ring. Benoit and JBL both get back up to their feet. Bradshaw comes charging in, hoping to hit a clothesline. Benoit ducks, goes under the arm of JBL and takes him over with a release Northern Lights suplex! Benoit gets back up to his feet as JBL lies on the canvas. He walks towards the feet of JBL and once again tries for the Sharpshooter. JBL reaches up and hits Benoit with a thumb to the eye, forcing Bradshaw to release the hold. JBL struggles up to his feet and attempts to catch a breather by resting in the corner. Benoit recovers and continues his relentless pursuit, coming at JBL in the corner. He hits him with a knee to the gut and then another forearm. He grabs JBL by the hand and shoots him into the opposite corner. Benoit charges in but JBL sprints out of the corner, causing Benoit to slam into the top turnbuckle. JBL shoots off of the ropes and attempts to hit the Clothesline From Hell! Benoit sidesteps him and attempts to lock in the Crippler Crossface! JBL struggles to avoid it as Benoit brings him down to the canvas with a Fuji ware arm bar. Benoit manages to tuck in JBL’s hand between his legs but Bradshaw manages to reach the ropes, forcing Benoit to break the hold.

Benoit isn’t deterred by his failure to get JBL in his submission holds. Benoit lifts JBL up to his feet and backs the arrogant superstar against the ropes with hard right hands. Benoit shoots off of the ropes and attempts a cross body. JBL catches him in midair before delivering The Last Call fall away slam! He then lifts his arms up and makes the sign of the horns, signaling for a power bomb. He lifts Benoit up and tucks him between his legs, the opening stage of the power bomb. He tries to lifts him up but The Rabid Wolverine fights it off. Frustrated, JBL wails away on the back of Benoit, hitting him with hard left and right hands to the back. JBL then makes the sign one more time before attempting it again. This time, not only does Benoit block it, he trips JBL up and onto his back. Benoit once again goes for The Sharpshooter! JBL fights it this time as well but it makes no difference as Benoit manages to turn him over and lock it in! JBL screams out in pain as Benoit has the legendary and painful submission hold locked in. Bradshaw begins to crawl for the ropes, his only hope for survival as there is no way out of the hold. JBL uses his forearms to crawl towards the ropes.

He reaches out for the bottom rope but BENOIT DRAGS HIM BACK TOWARDS THE MIDDLE OF THE RING! JBL starts to crawl back towards the ropes. Benoit lets go of the hold and locks in THE CROSSFACE! The crowd pops huge as JBL clutches at Benoit’s arm, trying to cause some separation. Benoit has the hold locked in to perfection and shows no signs of letting up. Bradshaw moves his lower body closer to the ropes and manages to get his foot on the bottom one. The referee is out of position to see JBL’s foot so he doesn’t call for a break!! JBL lifts his right hand and…..

…………….

…………………..

……………….

…………………..

TAPS OUT!!!!

(11:10)

Lilian Garcia:
The winner of the match CHRIS BENOIT!!!

Jim Ross:
Chris Benoit made JBL tap out! The Rabid Wolverine has done it!

Jerry Lawler:
Benoit moves on to face the winner of the Undertaker-Big Show match. JBL put up a hell of an effort but Benoit was just too much.

Jim Ross:
Can Benoit keep the momentum rolling throughout the night and who will he face later tonight?

:::Advertisement for wweshop.com:::

:::We cut to the back to see Shawn Michaels show up to the Staples Center. The WWE Champion seems rather confident when considering the circumstances surrounding his upcoming title match. Michaels slings the title over his shoulder and smiles as he finds his locker room.:::

:::We cut to a different part of the backstage area with Todd Grisham standing by.:::

Todd Grisham:
Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time, “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton!

Orton comes into screenshot receiving an enormous amount of heat.

Todd Grisham:
Randy, later on tonight you take on “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair, a former mentor of yours. What are your thoughts heading into this match up?

Randy Orton:
Whats the matter Todd? Aren’t you gonna get all giddy like these idiots here tonight? Huh? Aren’t you going to talk about Flair like he’s some kinda god because he beat Cactus Jack at SummerSlam?

Todd looks nervous as Orton leers into the camera.

Randy Orton:
Big deal Ric! You beat Cactus Jack in a hardcore match. Big whoop! NEWS FLASH! I did that two years ago! Ric, I did it when it was actually worth a damn! Naitch, listen to me, Foley is a washed up sack of crap just like you. Hell, he probably doesn’t even have the balls to show up here tonight! Flair, lets face it you’re 57 years old and…

Orton takes a deep breath before speaking again.

Randy Orton:
You know what?

Orton runs his chin before continuing.

Randy Orton:
Maybe I’m not giving Ric Flair enough credit. Maybe, the old man has still got it. Maybe at 57 years of age, “The Nature Boy” is still…WOOO…the man.

Crowd “WOO!”s as Orton glares at the camera.

Randy Orton:
Ric, maybe you still have it. Maybe you can still go. Hell, at 57 years of age, you are probably better than most of the guys in the locker room. At 57, you could probably take most of the guys in the back, chop their chest off, hook them in Figure Four and make them tap for their lives.

The crowd cheers as Orton smirks.

Randy Orton:
But Ric, I’m not ’most’ guys. I’m “The Legend Killer”.

Crowd boos as Orton continues to smile conceitedly.

Randy Orton:
I’m the youngest World Champion in the history of the business. I’ve beaten them all from The Undertaker to Triple H to Shawn Michaels to Cactus Jack. Every legend that is worth a damn in this business and has passed through those doors has been dropped with an RKO!

Orton then acts as if he has just remembered something.

Randy Orton:
I know you’re senile but if I remember correctly, you’ve been dropped with the RKO once or twice yourself old man. Guess what Ric? You got another one coming tonight. Because we get in that ring, the over hyped, over rated legacy of Ric Flair goes down…to the Legend Killer!

Orton smirks before walking off, receiving tremendous heat.

:::Back to Ringside:::

Jim Ross:
Young Randy Orton definitely confident heading into his match with quite possibly the biggest legend of all time, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. But coming up next, the Women’s Championship is on the line, Mickie James versus Trish Stratus.

:::Mickie-Trish Video Package:::
~Mickie James debuts on Monday Night RAW, aiding Trish Stratus in a 3 on 1 situation in October of 2005~

~Mickie tells Trish that she’s her biggest fan and Mickie’s obsession grows throughout late 2005-early 2006~

~After seeing Trish’s tolerance of her advances dwindle, Mickie eventually snaps and takes out Trish on an edition of SNME leading to one of the most anticipated women’s matches in WWE history~

~At WrestleMania 22, Mickie defeats Trish for the Women’s Championship, ending the beautiful blonde diva’s YEAR AND A HALF Title Reign~

~Trish gets several shots at the title but never in a one on one match up.~

~Trish finally earns a one on one shot at Mickie by defeating Melina and the WrestleMania 22 rematch is set~

“Time To Rock And Roll” hits to a good pop. The former six-time Women’s Championship Trish Stratus makes her way to the ring. Trish waves to her fans as she enters the ring.

Lilian Garcia:
The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE Women’s Championship! Introducing first, the challenger, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, TRISH STRATUS!!

Jim Ross:
I’ve been wanting to see these two go one on one again for a long time. At Vengeance, Trish came up a bit short when Mickie pinned Beth Phoenix in a triple threat match. At SummerSlam, same situation with Mickie pinning Melina for the victory. Finally, Trish gets a one on one shot at the Women’s Title.

Jerry Lawler:
I’d like to go one on one with Trish.

“Mickie” hits to a mixed reaction. The Women’s Champion Mickie James skips her way down the entrance ramp and slide into the ring.

Lilian Garcia:
And her opponent, from Richmond, Virginia, she is the WWE Women’s Champion, MICKIE JAMES!!

Jim Ross:
Mickie James has reigned over the Women’s Division since WrestleMania 22. But can she defeat Trish Stratus in one on one match, twice in a row?

Match #2
Mickie James© vs. Trish Stratus
Women’s Championship

The referee calls for the bell and this Women’s Title match is under way. Trish Stratus and Mickie James lock up in a collar and elbow tie up in the middle of the ring. Both female wrestlers struggle for position and leverage early in the match. Mickie forces Trish’s back against the ropes and the referee tries to get in between the two divas and finally manages to pull Mickie and Trish apart.

The two women stare at each other before once again locking up in the middle of the ring with a collar and elbow tie up. This time, the Women’s Champion Mickie James hits Trish with a hard left knee to the gut. She then hits Trish with a hard clubbing forearm to the back, sending her down to the mat. Mickie attempts to lift her back up to her feet but Trish hits her with a right hand to the stomach. Mickie retaliates for the shot by delivering a hard knee lift to the head. She then lifts her up, grabs her by the hand and shoots her into the corner. Mickie comes charging in and hits Trish with a knee to the gut in the corner. Trish holds her stomach in pain and Mickie James attempts to stay on the attack.

Mickie goes after Trish in the corner and puts both of her hands around the throat of Stratus. Mickie continues to choke Trish in the corner as the referee attempts to break her grip. The ref uses his five count and the Women’s Champion releases the hold on ‘four’, one second before the disqualification. Unsatisfied, Mickie begins choking Trish again, using illegal tactics to hurt her bitter rival. The referee once again gets to a count of four before Mickie releases the choke. The crowd has gone silent as it has been a very one sided contest so far. Mickie grabs Trish around the neck and gives her a perfectly executed snap mare. Mickie bounces off of the ropes, jumps into the air and attempts to hit a leg drop. Trish rolls out of the way and Mickie’s ass goes crashing into the mat. Mickie gets up off the canvas, holding her backside. Trish comes from up behind the Women’s Champion and rolls her up in a school boy.

…1...

……………….

……..

…2...

……………..

………

NO!

Mickie barely kicks out! Mickie rolls out of the ring and attempts to regain herself, shocked that she almost lost the match up. Trish attempts to follow to the outside but the referee stops her. Mickie continues to stall for time as Trish waits in the ring, awaiting for the Women’s Champion to re-enter the ring. Mickie begins to climb on to the apron and Trish charges. The beautiful blonde Canadian goes for a baseball slide but Mickie gets off of the apron and out of the way. Trish’s momentum sends her sliding to the outside of the ring. Mickie catches Trish with a hard clothesline! The back of Trish’s head smacks the ground hard after the impact of Mickie’s clothesline.

Mickie rolls into the ring, only to break the referee’s ten count, before going right back to the outside. Trish holds the back of her head on the outside before Trish lifts her up and tosses her back into the ring. Mickie follows her back into the ring and immediately goes for the lateral press.

…1...

…………..

……….

…2.

NO!

Mickie lifts Trish up to her feet and applies a front face lock. She then takes Trish’s near arm and slings it over her shoulder. She lifts Trish up and plants her with a well executed vertical suplex. Mickie goes for another cover but this time she hooks the far leg.

…1...

…………………

………..

…2...

NO!

Trish kicks out. Surprisingly, Mickie manages to keep her cool after Trish kicked out of two near falls. Mickie lifts Trish up to her feet. She grabs her by the neck and hits Trish with the second snap mare of the match. Trish sits up and Mickie bounces off the ropes. She comes back and catches her with a dropkick to the face! Mickie once again goes for the cover, attempting to put her resilient challenger away.

…1...

…………………

…………….

…2...

….. NO!

Trish kicks out once again, the third pin fall attempt she has escaped tonight. Mickie sits her up and applies a chin lock, attempting to wear her opponent down. After several seconds, Trish begins pumping her fists, trying to get the crowd behind her. The sold out audience comes alive, trying to cheer on the blonde beauty. Trish fights up to her feet as Mickie keeps the chin lock cinched in. She hits Mickie with an elbow to the stomach. Trish hits her with another elbow, causing Mickie’s grip to loosen. Stratus attempts to shoot off of the ring ropes but Mickie grabs her by her hair and yanks her down to the canvas! Mickie smiles at her handiwork. She then attempts to lift Trish up to her feet but Trish delivers a stiff kick to the head, stunning Mickie slightly. Trish gets up to her feet and trips Mickie up. Mickie lands on her back and Trish goes for the jackknife cover.

…1...

……………

………..

…2...

……………

…. NO!

Mickie quickly kicks out of Trish’s desperation pin fall. Both Mickie and Trish quickly get up to their feet at relatively the same time. Mickie attempts a right hand but Trish counters it and hit’s the Women’s Champion with a quick forearm to the face. Mickie goes to hit Trish with her right hand again but receives the same result. Trish once again blocks it and hits her with another forearm to the face. This time Trish does not give Mickie a chance to retaliate and hits her with a couple of more forearms. Mickie cuts Trish off with a kick to the stomach. Mickie attempts to capitalize and shoots off of the ropes. Mickie charges at Trish but she quickly reacts and hits Mickie with a spine buster! Trish tries to take advantage of Mickie’s fallen state and goes for the cover.

…1...

……………….

………..

…2...

…………………

………..

NO!

Mickie barely escapes the pin fall, shooting her shoulder off of the canvas! The crowd groans as they thought there was a new Women’s Champion. Trish lifts Mickie up to her feet and hits her with a right hand. Trish then tucks her own head against the arm of Mickie and prepares to hit a Northern Light’s Suplex. Mickie blocks the move by hitting her with a couple of hard knees to the stomach. Mickie then jumps into the air and drops Trish with a MICKIE DDT! She then goes for the cover after hitting one of her finishing maneuvers!

…1...

……………………

……………

…2...

……………..

……..

NO!

The crowd gives a good pop as Trish kicks out of Mickie’s finisher! Mickie looks at the referee, shocked that she didn’t pick up the victory. The ref tells her that it was only a two count. Mickie refocuses and lifts Trish up to her feet. She grabs Trish by the hand and attempts to shoot the #1 Contender into the corner. Trish counters the Irish whip and sends Mickie into the corner. Trish comes charging in and Mickie catches her in a head scissors! Mickie attempts to hit a Mickie-rana but Trish counters and plants her with a POWERBOMB in the middle of the ring!! Trish immediately goes for the cover.

…1...

………………

……….

…2...

…………………..

…………..

NO!

Mickie kicks out of the cover, much to the chagrin of Trish and the crowd. Frustrated, Trish lifts Mickie up to her feet and shoots her into the ring ropes. Mickie comes back and attempts to hit Trish with a clothesline. Trish ducks and Mickie bounces off the opposite ropes. She comes back and Trish catches her with the Lou Thesz press! The former six time Women’s Champion rains down hard right hands onto the face of Mickie James. The Women’s Champion covers up as Trish continues the barrage of punches. Trish gets up to her feet and Mickie soon follows.

Trish hits Mickie with a hard forearm. And then another, backing Mickie up into the corner. Mickie then cuts Trish’s offense off with a stiff kick to the gut. She then hops onto the turnbuckle. Trish recovers, runs forward and takes Mickie off the turnbuckle with The Stratusphere! The crowd pops as Trish is now firmly in control of the match up. Trish begins stalking Mickie, waiting on the Women’s Champion to get back up to her feet. Mickie struggles and finally makes it back up to a vertical base. Trish strikes, attempting to take Mickie James’ head off with a Chick Kick! Mickie avoids her foot and gives Trish a kick to the stomach. She snatches on a side headlock. Mickie runs towards the ropes and uses her feet to springboard off of them and back towards the middle of the ring. Mickie plants Trish with THE STRATUSFACTION!!! The crowd boos as Mickie begins to laugh in a psychotic way. Mickie covers Trish after hitting her with her own finishing maneuver!

…1...

…………………

……………

…2...

…………………..

…………….

…. NO!

The Staples Center erupts in cheers as somehow Trish once again manages to kick out! Mickie’s laughter turns into a sick silence as she stares at Trish with a psychotic demeanor. Trish hasn’t moved a muscle since kicking out of Mickie’s Stratusfaction. Mickie stalks Trish, preparing to hit a Mick Kick! Trish slowly begins to move slightly, trying to turn over onto her stomach. Mickie waits as Trish finally makes it up to a vertical base. Trish turns around and Mickie goes for the Mick Kick but Trish ducks! Mickie spins around and Trish gets her in the school boy!

…1...

………………………

…………

…2...

……………….

………….

NO!

Mickie kicks out and quickly gets up to her feet! Trish tries to get up but only manages to get onto her knees before Mickie hits her with THE MICK KICK!!! Mickie immediately goes for the cover, hooking both legs for extra leverage!

…1...

…………………

……………

…2...

………………

………..

3!!!!!

(8:29)

Lilian Garcia:
The winner of the match and STILL Women’s Champion, MICKIE JAMES!

Jim Ross:
Mickie James retains the championship but you have to give Trish a hell of a lot of credit for putting up a hell of an effort.

Jerry Lawler:
That was a great match up but Mickie came out on top……I would love to be on top of Trish.

Jim Ross:
You’re a class act King.

:::Advertisement hyping the next Pay Per View.:::

Narrator: On October 8th, The rematch finally takes place.

Teddy Long: Kurt Angle, Batista, TWO!!!! Holla! Holla! Holla!

Narrator: The World Heavyweight Champion, ‘The Wrestling Machine’ Kurt Angle. A Grand Slam Champion. An Olympic Gold Medallist and quite perhaps the greatest amateur and professional wrestler in the history of the industry. His technical skill and prowess at brawling allows him to defeat opponents of any size and weight.

*Clips of Angle schooling several wrestlers including Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit.*

Narrator: His opponent, the #1 Contender, “The Animal” Dave Batista. His savage strength, brute force, beast-like power and surprising explosiveness make him a threat to any title reign at any time.

*Clips of Batista’s dominance, power bombing large men such as Triple H, Goldberg, Kane and Scott Steiner.*

Narrator: At SummerSlam, it was about the championship.

Tazz: Angle has got him. JACKKNIFE COVER!!!

Styles: Three count! ANGLE HAS BEATEN BATISTA!!

*Shot of Batista and Angle shaking hands after the match.*

Narrator: On October 8th, its personal!

*Shot of Batista turning the handshake into a devastating clothesline, then wearing Kurt Angle out with chair shots to the back!! Clips are then shown of Batista power bombing Teddy Long through a table!!!*

Batista: No remorse!

Narrator: Batista…

*Shot of Batista delivering the Batista Bomb to Angle*

Kurt Angle: No compassion!

Narrator: Angle…

*Shot of Angle trying to break Batista’s leg with The Ankle Lock*

Batista/Angle: NO MERCY!

Narrator: TWO!!!

*Shot of Angle and Batista face to face.*

Narrator: Angle-Batista 2! SmackDown presents…No Mercy. Sunday, October 8th only on Pay Per View.

:::End of video:::

We cut to the back to see Chris Benoit walking down a backstage hallway. Several wrestlers congratulate Benoit on his win earlier tonight. Benoit replies with a “thanks” and continues to walk, focused on his next match up. A bald-headed man in cut off jeans walks past Benoit.

???:
Great job out there Chris.

Benoit:
Thanks Steve.

The man continues walking down the hallway. Benoit does a quick double take, looking back realizing who he just saw.

:::Back to the ringside area.:::

Jerry Lawler:
That wasn’t….I mean that couldn’t have been.

Jim Ross:
I haven’t spoken to him. I mean it might have been. (Quickly moving on) Up next a very important match up. Who will face Chris Benoit for a shot at the WWE Championship? We find out next.

*WEEELLLLL…WELL IT’S THE BIG SHOOOOOWWW!!!!*

*HUGE EXPLOSION OF PYRO!*

“Crank It Up” hits to a momentous amount of heat. The Big Show, with Paul Heyman by his side, makes his way down the entrance ramp. Show steps over the top rope and enters the ring before raising his massive right hand in the air.

Lilian Garcia:
Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for one fall and the winner of this match will go on to face Chris Benoit later tonight for a shot at the WWE Championship! Introducing first, accompanied to the ring by Paul Heyman, from Tampa, Florida, standing at 7 foot 2, weighing in at 500 pounds, THE BIG SHOOOW!!!

Jim Ross:
The largest athlete in the world has a chance to reach his dominating potential here tonight. With the guidance of that snake Paul Heyman, we have seen The Big Show reach new levels of destruction. But can Show mow down The Phenom, The Undertaker?

Jerry Lawler:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody mow down The Undertaker but if that is at all possible, The Big Show will do it.

*GONG*

Thunderous pop.

*GONG*

The crowd continues to cheer as Heyman gets nervous.

*GONG*

The Big Show’s face shows no fear of The Deadman.

*GONG*

The lights go out and a bluish / purplish light overtakes the arena.

*GONG*

“Graveyard Symphony” begins to play throughout the Staples Center. The crowd waits for several dozen seconds before The Undertaker appears at the top of the stage. Taker begins to slowly walk towards the ring as Heyman cowers behind The Big Show, who still shows no fear of The Phenom. Taker climbs up the ring steps and raises his hands, causing the lights to come back on. The crowd pops as Show continues to stare at the Deadman. Taker enters the ring and takes off his entrance attire, before rolling his eyes into the back of his head.

Lilian Garcia:
And his opponent, from Death Valley, weighing in at 305 pounds, THE UNDERTAKER!!!

Jim Ross:
After that bone chilling entrance by The Phenom, The Big Show still shows no sign of fear.

Jerry Lawler:
If you were that big J.R., would you fear anything?

Match #3
The Big Show (w/Paul Heyman) vs. The Undertaker
Winner faces Chris Benoit for #1 Contendership

The Undertaker and The Big Show waste no time in getting the match started, nailing each other with huge right hands as soon as the bell rings. Show stops the exchange with a huge knee right to the gut of Taker. He follows up with a huge right hand, knocking Taker back into the corner with force. Show then grabs Taker by the hand and shoots him into the opposite corner. Show then charges in and drills him with a clothesline, rocking The Deadman. Heyman yells at Show to stay on him, knowing Taker can come back at any time. Show continues to abuse The Phenom in the corner, catching him with a knee lift to the gut. He then grabs him by the hand again and shoots him back into the opposite corner. Show then charges in once again, looking for another clothesline but The Undertaker manages to get a boot up in his face, knocking Show back.

Taker then comes out of the corner firing, hitting the 500 pound man with hard punches to the face and to the body. Taker then brushes past Show, shooting off of the ring ropes. He comes back and attempts to take the 7 footer down with a clothesline but can’t because The Big Show is just too big. Taker bounces off the ropes once more and comes at Show but he catches him coming in and hits him with a boot to the face, taking The Deadman down. Show takes his attention off of The Undertaker and mocks the crowd, saying “Taker! Taker!” The crowd boos Show but give a nice pop as The Phenom pops back up to his feet! Taker kicks Show in the gut and then follows with a right hand, barely moving the mammoth man. He then grabs Show by the hand and attempts to shoot him into the ring ropes but Show counters the Irish whip. He sends Taker into the ropes. The Undertaker comes back and attempts a cross body of sorts but The Big Show catches him and delivers a hard body slam! Show then bounces off of the ropes, jumps up and gives Taker a huge leg drop, right across the throat. Show then goes for the cover, the first cover of the match up.

…1...

…………….

…………

… NO!

The Undertaker kicks out of the pin attempt. The Big Show lifts Taker up to his feet and backs him up into a corner. He then pulls back and drills Taker with a hard right hand. The Big Show isn’t finished as he delivers another right hand to the face of The Deadman. He grabs Taker by the hand and shoots him into the opposite corner before running in and crushing The Undertaker with an avalanche splash. Taker collapses in the corner and The Big Show is in complete control of this match up. Show once again gets confident and begins to mock The Undertaker in the corner. He yells over and over “Get up Deadman! Get up!”

The crowd is in a hushed silence as their crowd favorite is being manhandled by the 500 pounder. Show then lifts Taker up and brings him towards the middle of the ring ropes. He grabs him by the hand and shoots him into the ropes. Taker comes back and The Big Show throws a clothesline but Taker ducks. He bounces off of the opposite side and Taker once again avoids Show huge arm. The Phenom bounces off of the ropes once more except this time, he goes on the offense. Taker leaps up and attempts his patented flying clothesline! He drills Show and finally manages to take the big man off of his feet! Taker gets up to his feet and waits for The Big Show to make it back up to a vertical base. Show gets up and Taker begins to fire away, hitting him with right and left hands to the face. The Deadman then backs up before delivering a boot to the face of The Big Show, sending him over the top rope and down to the floor below.

Taker exit’s the ring and follows Show to the outside. He grabs the big man by the back of the head and tries to slam his face on the steel steps, but Show counters it. He uses his hand to block the steel steps and then hits Taker with a big hard elbow right to the gut, backing The Deadman up. Show turns around and Taker charges in. He catches Taker coming in and lifts him onto his shoulder. Show runs towards the steel post and attempts to slam his face into it but Taker manages to slide off of his shoulder and slams Show into the post! Show drops to the canvas as The Undertaker rolls back into the ring to break up the count before rolling back to the outside. As Taker attempts to go after The Big Show, Paul Heyman sneaks up behind him trying to interfere. He lifts his hand up and prepares to hit The Deadman but The Undertaker quickly turns around and catches him in the act! Heyman puts his hands up and quickly backs away from Taker, almost stumbling over his own feet. Taker continues to stalk Heyman until Show comes up behind him and hits him with a clubbing shot to the back. He then lifts Taker up and drops him, causing Taker’s head to bounce off of the ring apron. Show lists The Deadman up and throes him into the ring. Show soon follows and goes for the cover.

…1...

………………..

…………

…2...

……………….

NO!

Taker kicks out from under the huge weight of The Big Show. Show gets off of the canvas and lifts The Phenom back up to his feet before backing the Deadman into the corner. Show puts his left index finger over his mouth and tells the crowd to be quiet, causing them to respond with massive heat. He then lifts his mighty right hand up and delivers a huge overhand chop to the chest of The Deadman! Heyman yells “ONE MORE TIME!” and The Big Show has no problem with doing it again. He lifts his massive right hand up and delivers another hard overhand chop, damn near collapsing the chest of the legendary Phenom! Show then grabs him by the hand and shoots him into the opposite corner. He comes charging in but The Deadman quickly moves out of the way, causing Show to smash into the turnbuckle. Taker shoots off the ropes but Show catches him once more and drops him with a sidewalk slam! He hooks the leg for the cover.

…1...

………………..

………..

…2...

………………..

NO!

Taker shows his toughness, kicking out once again. Having had enough of this match up, Show pulls down the strap on his outfit and raises his hand in the air, calling for the choke slam. Taker slowly begins to get to his feet as The Big Show waits on him, ready to hit the choke slam. Taker turns around and show wraps his large right hand around the throat of The Phenom. He lifts him but Taker counters it into a DDT!!! Taker pulls out a great counter but is now down and the referee begins his double knockout ten count.

… One …

… Two …

… Three …

… Four …

(Both Taker and Show begin to move)

… Five …

… Six …

(Taker and Show both make it back up to their feet)

Taker is the first to strike, hitting Show with a hard right hand to the face. Show attempts to respond but Taker blocks it and catches him with another hard shot to the face. Show then hits Taker with a knee, cutting off his momentum. He then grabs him by the hand and shoots The Deadman into the ring ropes. Show gets set too early and Taker makes him pay, coming back and hitting him with a running DDT!!! Taker quickly gets back up to his feet and waits in his large opponent to get up as well. The Big Show manages to get back up to his feet and Taker grabs his arm, before twisting it. He backs up towards the turnbuckle and begins to climb, as the fans in attendance yell, “OLD SCHOOL!” Before Taker can deliver the move, The Big Show grabs him by the arm and flings him off of the top turnbuckle. The Deadman hit’s the canvas hard after being flung from the top! Show once again calls for the choke slam but… TAKER SITS UP!!!!

The crowd pops as Show and Heyman stare at The Undertaker in shock. He gets right back up to his feet and begins to wail away on The Big Show with hard lefts and rights. Taker then shoots off of the ropes and goes for a clothesline. Show maneuvers out of the way and applies a COBRA CLUTCH!!! The Undertaker struggles for air as The Big Show has his submission maneuver locked in to perfection. Show then lifts him up and slams him across his knee, hitting the COBRA CLUTCH BACKBREAKER! He lets go of the hold and covers The Undertaker.

…1...

………………..

………….

…2...

………………..

………….

NO!

Somehow, someway The Undertaker manages to kick out and The Big Show snaps! He gets up to his feet and begins screaming at the referee, who quickly scampers out of the ring. Heyman pleads for Show to get refocused on the task at hand and he eventually gets his attention. Show lifts Taker up to his feet and backs him against the ropes. He hit’s the Phenom with a couple of knees to the gut before grabbing him by the hand and shooting him into the ropes. The Undertaker comes back and Show takes a huge swing. Taker ducks it and ends u behind The Big Show. He waits for the 500 pounder to turn around and once he does, he grabs Show around the throat!! He manages to get him barely off of the ground and hit’s the CHOKESLAM!!! The crowd pops as Taker attempts to regain his breath. The Phenom manages to crawl over and covers The Big Show.

…1...

………………….

………….

…2...

………………….

………….

… NO!

The crowd is in shock as The Big Show barely kicked out of The Undertaker’s choke slam. Taker looks at the ref in shock and he tells him that it was only a 2 count. Taker gets back up to his feet and looks to be refocused. He waits on Show, who is slowly getting back up to his feet. Taker hits him with a couple of hard rights before attempting to shoot him into the ropes. Show counters the Irish whip and sends The Undertaker into the ring ropes. Taker comes back and Show gorilla presses The Deadman over his head. Taker fights out of it and lands on his feet behind The Big Show. Show turns around and The Phenom delivers a hard kick to the shin, taking him down to a knee. Taker then shoots off of the ropes and comes at Show but he wraps his arm around the throat of The Deadman! Show gets back up to his feet, lifts Taker off of the ground and DROPS HIM WITH A HARD CHOKE SLAM!!! Show immediately goes for the cover after hitting his devastating finishing maneuver!

…1...

…………………….

…………..

…2...

…………………

………..

… NO!

THE UNDERTAKER KICKS OUT as the crowd gives a thunderous pop! Show flips out, yelling at the referee, Heyman and at The Undertaker. Show gets in Taker’s face and yells at him. He screams over and over, “Stay down! Stay down!” THE UNDERTAKER SITS UP ONCE AGAIN!!! Show stares down at The Deadman in complete shock, not believing that The Phenom can sit up after all of that. Show backs off as Taker gets back up to his feet. This time The Deadman unleashes a flurry on The Big Show, hitting him with punches, kicks, haymakers, everything except the kitchen sink. Taker backs Show into the corner with his furious outburst of strikes. He then goes to the opposite corner, turns around and charges at The Big Show. Taker jumps up for a splash but Show moves out of the way and Taker smashes into the turnbuckle! Show climbs on the second rope and begins to hit Taker with punches. Paul Heyman screams for Show to get down from the turnbuckle, yelling “That’s how you lost the last time! That’s how you lost the last time!” Show stares down at Heyman and wonders what the hell he is talking about. Taker grabs Show and GIVES HIM THE LAST RIDE!!!! The crowd erupts as Taker covers The Big Show!!!

…1...

………………….

…………….

…2...

…………………

…………..

THREE!!!

(10:45)

Lilian Garcia:
The winner of the match, THE UNDERTAKER!!!!

Jim Ross:
My God! What a Last Ride that was! The Big Show has lost to The Deadman with that maneuver before!

Jerry Lawler:
Heyman saw it coming and knew that would cost Big Show the match but Show didn’t see him I guess and Taker hit the Last Ride for the win.

Jim Ross:
So later on tonight , we will see Chris Benoit versus The Undertaker to see who gets a shot at the WWE Title. What a match up that’s gonna be!

Taker goes to the middle of the ring and drops to a knee and does his signature taunt. He sticks his tongue out as the crowd continues to cheer for The Phenom.

:::We cut to the back to see Chris Benoit sitting on a chair, watching The Undertaker on a monitor. Benoit seems ready for the match up, not showing any apprehension. Benoit gets up from his seat and begins to warm up for the match, doing Hindu squats as we cut to The Rated R Army‘s locker room.:::

:::Cut to the locker room of The Rated R Army:::

The Rated R Army are in full mass as Edge, Lita, Johnny Nitro, Melina, Ken Doane and Chris Masters all populate the room. Doane, Nitro and Masters prepare for their upcoming match as Edge and Lita lay on a couch.

Edge:
Alright, you’re match is up next. Listen to me, I’m begging you idiots to work together tonight. Think with your big head and not your little one. If you catch my drift.

Masters looks confused as Nitro and Doane just stare at each other.

Edge:
Kenny! Johnny! Just go out there with Chris and eliminate the rest of those clowns. Get rid of Van Dam, Mercury and Carlito and then the three of you can fight it out for the Intercontinental Championship. Alright!?

Masters gets in between Nitro and Doane.

Masters:
Yeah Edge. No problem. I guarantee that one of us is going to come back here with the Intercontinental Title.

Doane relaxes slightly.

Doane:
Yeah. The title stays with The Rated R Army tonight.

Edge:
Good. So after tonight, one of you three will be the I.C. Champ and yours truly, The Rated R Superstar will be the WWE Champion!

Masters, Nitro, Doane, Lita and Melina all nod in unison. Doane extends his hand to Masters and The Masterpiece shakes his hand. Doane then extends his hand to Nitro. Nitro scoffs at Doane’s hand but Melina nudges him, asking him to do it. Nitro hesitates for a second but then shakes Doane’s hand. Kenny shakes his head in approvement and then walks out of the locker room. After a second or two, Doane walks back in.

Edge:
Forgot something?

Doane:
Yeah.

Doane walks over to Melina and kisses her on the cheek! Melina smiles and Nitro takes a step toward Doane but Masters and Edge hold Nitro back! Doane winks at Nitro before leaving the locker room.

:::We cut to a different part of the back to see Todd Grisham standing by:::

Todd Grisham:
Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time, he will be competing in the upcoming Intercontinental Championship match in mere moments, Mr. Pay Per View, Rob Van Dam!

RVD and Bill Alfonso come into screenshot receiving a huge pop. Fonzie snatches the mic from Grisham.

Bill Alfonso:
Get outta here kid. This is how its done. Rob, go back.

Van Dam walks off screen.

Bill Alfonso:
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MR. MONDAY NIGHT, MR. PAY PER VIEW, THE WHOLE DAM SHOW, EVERYBODY’S FAVORITE WRESTLER, THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS, DADDY, ROB…VAN…DAM!!!

Van Dam comes back into screenshot, receiving another huge ovation.

Bill Alfonso:
Rob, we’re just mere moments away before you smoke…I mean compete with a number of great superstars. So what we’re gonna do is play a little bit of word association. You up for it, daddy?

Rob Van Dam:
Lets do it.

Bill Alfonso:
Alright, Johnny Nitro.

Rob Van Dam:
Gonna smoke him.

Bill Alfonso:
What about, uh, The Masterpiece?

Rob Van Dam:
Gonna roll em up and smoke him.

Bill Alfonso:
Carlito?

Crowd pops.

Rob Van Dam:
Carlito’s a cool guy but make no mistake about it, he’s getting smoked too. It doesn’t matter who it is, whether its Nitro, Masters, Carlito, Mercury, or little Kenny Doane, it doesn’t matter. RVD420 says I just smoked your ass!

Crowd pops for RVD.

Rob Van Dam:
Rob Van Dam, (points to Fonzie) your favorite wrestler…

Fonzie nods.

Rob Van Dam:
(Points towards fans) Their favorite wrestler…

Crowd pops again for Van Dam.

Rob Van Dam:
And mine, is gonna go out there, walk right through five other superstars and leave Los Angeles, California with the Intercontinental Championship.

Great pop for RVD.

Rob Van Dam:
But don’t feel bad guys, losing to RVD doesn’t make you a bad wrestler…it makes you just like everybody else. Later.

RVD walks off.

Bill Alfonso:
One more time, Rob.

Van Dam comes back.

Rob Van Dam:
No problem Fonzie. ROB…VAN…DAM!

Van Dam and Fonzie walk off to a huge ovation.

:::Back to ringside:::

Jim Ross:
A very confident Rob Van Dam there. Up next, the six pack elimination challenge match for the Intercontinental Championship. Lets see how this one came about.

:::Video Package for Six Pack Match:::
~At Vengeance in June, Johnny Nitro captures the Intercontinental Championship, pinning Shelton Benjamin in a triple threat match after Carlito had done all of the damage.~

~The night after Vengeance, Edge defends the WWE Championship against RVD. When it looks like Van Dam has the match in hand, “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters makes his return, screwing RVD out of the title and aligning himself with
Edge & Lita.~

~On an edition of RAW, Joey Mercury returns to the WWE and saves Carlito from a two on one assault involving Nitro and Benjamin.~

~Throughout the Summer, Edge recruits several talented, young superstars for his Rated R Army. These superstars include Johnny Nitro, Melina, Chris Masters, Shelton Benjamin and Ken Doane.~

~The Rated R Army’s feud with Carlito, Mercury and Van Dam rolls right through SummerSlam where RVD pins Benjamin in a six man tag team match.~

~After SummerSlam, Doane starts to show an interest in Melina, Nitro’s girlfriend.~

~During the weeks leading up to Unforgiven, Doane and Nitro almost come to blows several times, only to have their arguments broken up by The Masterpiece~

~Shelton Benjamin is drafted to SmackDown! and Mr. McMahon makes a six man elimination match up for Unforgiven where Nitro defends the Intercontinental Championship against Doane, Masters, Van Dam, Mercury and Carlito.~

Jim Ross:

Lets take it to Lilian Garcia as she explains the rules of this next match up.

Lillian Garcia:
The following contest is the SIX PACK ELIMINATION MATCH and it is for the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Crowd pops huge really excited to see this match up.

Lilian Garcia:
The match starts with two competitors in the ring and four wrestlers on the ring apron. The wrestlers in the ring may tag in anyone at anytime. The match ends will ALL FIVE opponents have been eliminated and the one left standing will be the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION!!!

“Paparazzi” hits to silence as the crowd waits to see which former member of MNM it is. Joey Mercury makes his way onto the stage and receives a pretty good ovation. Mercury walks down the ramp and to the ring pretty confidently considering he has to defeat five superstars to become IC Champion.

Lilian Garcia:
Introducing first, from Hollywood, California, weighing in at 220 pounds, JOEY MERCURYYYY!!!

Jim Ross:
Joey Mercury has a chance to become the Intercontinental Champion. And how sweet would it be for Mercury if it came down to just him and Nitro. That would have to be the dream situation.

Jerry Lawler:
It wouldn’t be a dream situation for Melina. She would hate to see Nitro lose the gold.

Jim Ross:
I’m not so sure King. I think she would be rather happy if Kenn…

Jerry Lawler:
Don’t say it J.R.! No need to start any more rumors.

“Masterpiece” hits to a decent amount of heat. “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters appears on the stage on one knee, clad in one of his signature robes/capes. Masters throws the cloak off and begins posing as his pyro goes off. Masters makes his way down to the ring, locking eyes with Joey Mercury.

Lilian Garcia:
Representing The Rated R Army. From Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 280 pounds, The Masterpiece, CHRIS MASTERS!!!

Jim Ross:
The Masterpiece has a chance to step up into the forefront of The Rated R Army tonight. In recent weeks, Masters has played peacemaker between Nitro and Doane. He has a chance to become Intercontinental Champion, for himself, here tonight.

Jerry Lawler:
He definitely has the strength advantage over all of these men here tonight. And remember J.R., no one has ever broken his Masterlock.

“I SPIT IN THE FACE OF PEOPLE WHO DON’T WANT TO BE COOL!!”

“Cool” hits and Carlito makes his way to the ring, receiving a great ovation from the fans in the Staples Center. Carlito makes his way down the entrance ramp, apple in hand, looking more focused than usual.

Lilian Garcia:
And from San Juan, Puertooo Ricooo, weighing in at 220 pounds, CARRRLLITTOOO!!!

Jim Ross:
At Vengeance in June of this year, Carlito was screwed out of the Intercontinental Title by a very…uh…opportunistic Johnny Nitro. Can Carlito regain his title tonight?

“Out of My Way” by Seether hits to almost no reaction as this music has never been heard before in a WWE arena. “The Phenomenal” Ken Doane makes his way onto the stage and the boos begin pouring in. Doane arrogantly smiles at the sold out audience before continuing on his way to the ring.

Lilian Garcia:
Representing The Rated R Army. From Worcester, Massachusetts, weighing in at 234 pounds, KEEEEN DOOOOANE!!!

Jim Ross:
I’m not exactly sure about what is going on between Kenny and Melina but I’m sure no good can come of it.

Jerry Lawler:
First off its Ken Doane not Kenny. And secondly, Melina and Ken are just friends. Stop trying to start rumors J.R..

“One of a Kind” hits to a huge pop. Rob Van Dam, with Bill Alfonso by his side, makes his way down the ramp as cocky as ever. Van Dam slaps the hands of the fans on his way to the ring, as the other competitors stare at, quite possibly, the favorite of this match.

Lilian Garcia:
From Battle Creek, Michigan, accompanied by Bill Alfonso, weighing in at 237 pounds, Mr. Pay Per View, (fans chant along) ROB VAN DAAAM!!!

Jim Ross:
In my humble opinion, Rob Van Dam has got to be considered the favorite here tonight. He has beaten the Intercontinental Champion twice via disqualification. Not to mention the fact that he’s a former WWE Champion!

“Paparazzi” hits again and the boos begin to poor in. The Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro makes his way onto the stage and has the lovely but evil Melina by his side. Nitro confidentially walks toward the ring as all of the competitors in the match, turn their attention towards him.

Lilian Garcia:
And their opponent, from Hollywood, California, accompanied by Melina, weighing in at 2 pounds, he is the Intercontinental Champion, JOHNNY NITRO!!

Jim Ross:
Over the past month, Johnny Nitro has been more focused on Melina and Ken Doane then he has been on the Intercontinental Title. Will that come back to haunt him in this match up? Alright here we go. A coin was flipped earlier tonight and Nitro and Mercury will be starting us off.

Match #4
Johnny Nitro© vs. Joey Mercury vs. Carlito vs. Rob Van Dam vs.
“The Phenomenal” Ken Doane vs. “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters
Intercontinental Championship
Six Pack Elimination Challenge

The two former MNM tag team partners start the match off as the other four combatants in this match up wait on the apron. Nitro and Mercury stare at each other, whilst they stand in the dead center of the ring. Nitro is the first to strike, throwing a right hand at his former partner. Mercury blocks the punch and hits Nitro with a right of his own. Mercury attempts to hit one more but Nitro ducks it and hit’s a couple of hard rights, the last of which knocks Mercury back towards the corner. Nitro’s right hand grabs Mercury by the face and he begins to trash talk his former partner.

The Intercontinental Champion then rears back and slaps Mercury right across the face. The crowd boos as Nitro continues to talk trash. Fired up from the slap, Mercury grabs Nitro and trades places with him in the corner. He then begins lighting up the arrogant champion, hitting him with punches and kicks in the corner. Johnny Nitro covers up as his former partner wails away on him. Mercury then grabs the hand of Nitro and shoots him into the opposite corner. He hit’s the corner and the impact sends him stumbling back towards the middle of the ring. Mercury grabs him and takes him up and over with a back body drop. He gets down and covers him for the first pin fall attempt of the night.

…1…

………..

………….. NO!

Nitro kicks out of the cover and decides that he has had enough. He quickly crawls to a corner and tags in “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters. Masters enters the ring and immediately tries to take Mercury out with a big clothesline. Mercury ducks and begins firing away, hitting the larger man with hard right hands. Mercury backs him into a corner with a kick to the gut and follows with a hard right hand. “The Phenomenal” Ken Doane slaps the back of Mercury and tags himself into the match up. Before leaving, Mercury kicks Masters in the gut and throws him out of the ring. Doane jumps down off of the apron and goes after Masters, his own Rated R Army teammate, on the outside. Doane grabs The Masterpiece and throws him back into the ring. Masters quickly crawls to a corner and makes the tag to “Mr. Pay Per View” Rob Van Dam! Van Dam enters the ring to a huge pop as Fonzie blows his whistle while pointing his thumbs at himself.

Van Dam and Ken Doane square off in the middle of the ring. Van Dam points to the fans and then does his signature taunt as the fans chant along. “ROB … VAN …”. Doane is not in the mood and delivers a kick to the gut of Van Dam. Doane hits Van Dam with a hard right hand before grabbing him by the hand and shooting him into the ring ropes. Van Dam comes back and runs over the twenty year old with a clothesline. RVD waits for Doane to get back up to his feet and once he does he hits him with a couple of forearm shots. He then grabs him by the hand and shoots Doane into the ring ropes. Ken comes back and attempts to run RVD over with a clothesline. Van Dam ducks the lariat and catches him with a thrust sidekick to the head, knocking him down. RVD walks over towards the head of Doane, jumps up, twists in midair and hit’s a spinning leg drop.

…1…

………………..

…………

…2…

NO!

Doane manages to kick out of one of Van Dam’s signature moves. RVD, unfazed, stays on the attack, lifting him up to his feet. Doane quickly catches Van Dam with a thumb to the eye. The referee reprimands Doane but he’s too focused to listen, applying a front face lock on RVD. Doane drops to the mat and plants Rob Van Dam with a nasty DDT! Doane with the cover.

…1...

…………………..

……………

…2…

NO!

RVD shows his resilience, kicking out of the hard DDT. Doane lifts Van Dam up to his feet and then hits him with a hard shot to the back. Doane grabs him by the hand and shoots him into the ring ropes. Van Dam comes back and attempts to catch him with a spinning back kick. Doane ducks the kick and avoids contact. Van Dam goes low, spins and takes Doane off of his feet with a beautiful sweep. RVD lets out a confident smile and the crowd pops huge for their crowd favorite. Van Dam lifts Doane back up to his feet. He then scoops him up and plants him with a body slam, right next to the ring ropes. RVD quickly shoots off of the ropes, rolls, jumps up, flips in midair and hits Doane with The Rolling Thunder! Van Dam covers Doane once again.

…1…

…………………….

……………..

…2…

… NO!

Doane kicks out once again. Van Dam does not get flustered but instead lifts the youngster up to his feet. Doane refuses to give in, this time raking the eyes of Mr. Monday Night. Doane wearily walks to the corner and tags in “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters. Masters enters the ring and Doane exits, needing the time to recover. A fresh Masterpiece locks up with a somewhat worn down Rob Van Dam. Masters kicks Van Dam right in the gut before delivering a hard club to the back. Masters tucks Van Dam’s head under his arm pit and slings his arm over his head. He lifts RVD up and plants him with a hard vertical suplex. Masters lifts Van Dam up, who is holding his back in pain. The Masterpiece shoots him off of the ropes. Van Dam comes back and Masters presses him over his head. He shows his incredible strength by holding Van Dam in the air for several seconds before slamming him to the mat below! Masters quickly gets down and covers him, trying to eliminate the favorite from the match early on.

…1…

………………….

……………

…2…

…….. NO!

Van Dam kicks out from under the huge body of The Masterpiece. Masters lifts Van Dam up to his feet, scoops him up and attempts a body slam. RVD gets onto the shoulder of Masters and slides down his back. Van Dam attempts to take him over with a German suplex but Masters blocks it. The Masterpiece attempts a huge back elbow. Van Dam ducks it and sticks his head under the arm of Masters. RVD then lifts him up and plants him with a Northern Lights Suplex with a bridge!

…1…

………………..

………….

…2…

……… NO!

Masters shows his resilience and kicks out of the pin fall attempt. Van Dam lifts Masters up and backs him against the ropes with hard forearm shots. The Masterpiece makes a comeback, hitting him with a knee to the gut before grabbing his hand and shooting him off of the ring ropes. Masters gets set too early and Van Dam shows his amazing athleticism, flipping over the back of Masters. Masters turns around and attempts to kick Van Dam in the gut. RVD catches his foot and hits him with a stiff step over heel kick, knocking Masters loopy! RVD looks around to the crowd and they give him a huge ovation. Van Dam walks over to a corner and leaps up to the top turnbuckle. RVD leaps off of the top and hits Masters with the FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!! Van Dam holds his stomach in pain before crawling over for the cover on The Masterpiece!

…1…

……………………..

………………

…2…

……………….

…………….

…THREE!!!

Lilian Garcia:
Chris Masters has been ELIMINATED!!!

The crowd pops huge as Rob Van Dam has eliminated “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters. Masters holds his stomach in the middle of the ring as Van Dam sits up and lets out a smile. RVD has no time to celebrate as Joey Mercury quickly enters the ring and attacks Van Dam. Mercury lifts him up and delivers some clubbing forearms to the back of his friend over these few weeks. Mercury is relentless in his attack as he wants to become the new Intercontinental Champion. Mercury lifts Van Dam up to his feet as Chris Masters finally rolls to the outside of the ring and walks towards the timekeeper‘s position. Mercury hits Van Dam with a hard right hand and then hits him with another! He grabs RVD by the hand and shoots him into the ring ropes. Mercury attempts to hit a clothesline but Van Dam ducks it and keeps on running. Van Dam bounces off of the ropes again and Mercury attempts another lariat. Van Dam avoids it once again and grabs Mercury from behind. Van Dam lifts Mercury up and plants him with a German suplex with a bridge!

…1…

……………….

…………….

…2…

……………..

……………….

NO!

Mercury just barely manages to kick out. Chris Masters re-enters the ring, with a STEEL CHAIR in hand!! Van Dam gets back up to his feet and Masters swings, DRILLING RVD WITH THE STEEL CHAIR!!! Masters throws the chair down and leaves the ring, after gaining revenge on Van Dam for eliminating him. Mercury, the referee, Doane, Nitro, Melina, Fonzie and Carlito all stare in shock after that sick chair shot from Masters. Van Dam lays unconscious as a “Na Na Na Na” chant begins for The Masterpiece. Mercury snaps out of it and covers RVD!

…1…

………………

……………

…2…

…………..

………………

THREE!!!

Lilian Garcia:
Rob Van Dam has been ELIMINATED!!!

The crowd boos at the way that Rob Van Dam has been eliminated from the contest. Mercury gets up and shakes his head, trying to say he had to take advantage of the situation. Carlito enters the ring to a pretty good pop as the referee checks on the condition of Van Dam. Carlito and Mercury refocus on the match and lock up in a collar and elbow tie up in the middle of the ring. A fresh Carlito backs Mercury into the corner. The southpaw, Carlito, hits Mercury with a couple of left handed punches. Carlito brings Mercury out of the of the corner and towards the middle of the ropes. He delivers a stinging knife edged chop to the chest of Mercury as the fans let out a “WOO!”. Carlito grabs Mercury by the hand and shoots him into the ring ropes. Mercury comes back and Carlito jumps up and hits him with a beautiful dropkick to the face! Carlito capitalizes by going for the cover.

…1...

…………………….

………….

…2…

…………………

NO!

Mercury manages to get a shoulder up. Carlito lifts Mercury back up to his feet and backs him into a corner. He hits him with a couple of left hands, trying to weaken Mercury down further. Carlito pulls back again and delivers another scintillating knife edged chop to the chest of Mercury. He clutches his chest in pain as Carlito confidently smirks. He grabs the hand of Mercury and Irish whips him into the opposite corner. Carlito comes charging in but Mercury moves out of the way and Carlito’s chest slams into the top turnbuckle with authority! Mercury grabs him by the neck and hits him with a sick Hangman’s Neck breaker! He covers Carlito in hopes of getting one more man out of the match.

…1…

………………

……….

…2…

……………….

NO!

Carlito kicks out before the count of three. Mercury lifts Carlito up to his feet and delivers a knee to the gut. Mercury goes for a vertical suplex but Carlito manages to block it. Mercury tries the vertical suplex once more but Carlito blocks the suplex once again. Carlito then kicks Mercury with a knee to the gut. He then lifts Mercury up and hits him with a vertical suplex of his own! The crowd pops as Carlito starts playing to the audience. He lifts Mercury up to his feet and attempts to hit him with another vertical suplex. Mercury counters it into a small package / inside cradle!!

…1…

………………

………

…2…

………………

NO!

Carlito kicks out and both Mercury and Carlito quickly make it back up to a vertical base. Mercury attempts a kick to the gut but Carlito catches his foot. Carlito smiles to the crowd, who respond by giving him a good pop. Sensing an opportunity, Mercury jumps up and hits him with an énzugiri to the head! Both Carlito and Mercury lay down in the middle of the ring as the referee begins his double knockout ten count. “The Phenomenal” Ken Doane and the Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro watch from the ring apron as the referee gets up to a count of six. Mercury and Carlito slowly get back up to their feet. Mercury gains a surge of energy and charges at Carlito. Carlito quickly grabs Mercury, lifts him up in a flapjack position and hangs his neck across the top rope!

Mercury clutches at his throat as Carlito lifts him back up to his feet. He turns Mercury around, grabs him by the shoulders, jumps up and attempts to hit the back cracker! Mercury reaches out and grabs the top rope, causing Carlito to go crashing to the canvas below! Mercury shakes his head, trying to get the ‘cobwebs’ loose and goes onto the apron, right next to Ken Doane. Mercury climbs to the top turnbuckle as Carlito slowly makes it back up to his feet. Mercury tries to get set on the top but Carlito comes over and hits him with a couple of hard lefts hands. He climbs the turnbuckle as well before hitting Mercury with some more punches. Carlito applies a front face lock and throws Mercury’s arm over his shoulder. Doane tags Carlito without anyone realizing it. Carlito takes Mercury off of the top rope with a Superplex!!! Both Mercury and Carlito are laid out in the middle of the ring as Doane arrogantly enters. Kenny covers Mercury.

…1…

……………….

………..

…2…

……………..

…………..

THREE!!!

Lillian Garcia:
Joey Mercury has been ELIMINATED!!!

Ken Doane, Carlito and the Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro remain as Rob Van Dam, Chris Masters and Joey Mercury have been eliminated. Doane lifts a limp Carlito up and shoots him into the ring ropes. Carlito comes back and Doane attempts a clothesline. Carlito ducks it and springboards off of the middle rope, jumps back and hits Doane with a back elbow! The crowd pops as Carlito and Doane struggle back up to their feet. Carlito strikes first, hitting Doane with a left hand. And another. And a couple more, the last of which backs Doane up into the corner, the same corner where Nitro is. Carlito hits some more punches before Nitro slaps the back of Doane, tagging himself in. Doane nails Carlito with a thumb to the eye before quickly scrambling out of the ring. Nitro enters the ring and kicks Carlito right in the gut. He then scoops him up and slams Carlito the mat with a picture perfect body slam. Nitro then handstands before hitting Carlito with his patented break dance leg drop! Nitro goes for the cover.

…1…

………………

………..

…2…

……………………

NO!

Carlito kicks out. Nitro lifts him back up to his feet and grabs him by his hand. He then shoots Carlito into the corner. The Intercontinental Champion comes charging in but Carlito hits him with a stiff back elbow! With Nitro stunned, Carlito runs out of the corner and right at Nitro. Nitro recovers, jumps up and hits Carlito with a dropkick to the face! Nitro quickly goes for the cover.

…1...

……………..

………

…2...

………………..

NO!

Carlito once again kicks out, refusing to be defeated. Nitro grabs Carlito by the hair and sits him up. He then applies a chin lock, trying to wear the superstar from the Caribbean down. Nitro continues to apply pressure to the submission hold as Carlito begins moving his hands, trying to will himself out of the chin lock. The fans begin to cheer on Carlito as he makes it up to a knee. He struggle even more and manages to make it up to a vertical base as Nitro keeps the hold locked on. Carlito hit’s the Intercontinental Champion with a couple of elbows to the gut of Nitro, in an attempt to get free. Nitro’s grip loosens and Carlito turns around to face Nitro.

He hits him with some punches to the face. Carlito then backs up and hits him with a kick to the gut. He shoots off of the ropes and drills him with a knee lift. He bounces off of the ropes once more and runs Nitro over with a clothesline. He lifts Nitro up to his feet and shoots the Intercontinental Champion into the ring ropes. When Nitro comes back, Carlito attempts to lift him up and hit him with a body slam. Nitro gets onto his shoulder and slides down the back of Carlito, avoiding the slam! Nitro lands behind Carlito and attempts a back suplex! Carlito flips out of it! Carlito grabs the shoulders of Nitro and attempts the back cracker but Nitro reaches out and grabs a hold of the top rope! Carlito goes crashing to the mat below, the second time someone has used that technique to avoid Carlito’s finisher. Nitro gets himself set, jumps up, back flips in midair and attempts to hit Carlito with a Shooting Star Press! Carlito gets his knees up and Nitro lands on them stomach first! Carlito quickly gets back up to his feet and gets Nitro in the Oklahoma Roll!

…1…

……………….

…………..

…2…

……………….

………….

NO!

Nitro quickly gets up holding his stomach, shocked that he was almost pinned by Carlito’s desperation move! Nitro goes over to the corner and tags in a fresh Ken Doane. Doane and Nitro exchange nasty looks before Doane finally enters the ring. Doane kicks Carlito right in the gut before grabbing him by the hand and shooting him into the corner. Doane charges in, jumps up and nails Carlito with a hard clothesline in the corner. Doane then grabs him by the hand once more and sends him into the opposite corner. Doane comes charging in once more, jumps up and hits Carlito with another hard clothesline. This time Carlito collapses in the corner an Doane drags him out of it. Doane with the cover.

…1…

………………….

…………

…2…

…………………..

…NO!

Carlito kicks out once again but is worn down after taking a beating for the majority of the match. Melina gets upset on the outside that Doane didn’t eliminate Carlito. Nitro notices Melina’s reaction and gets pissed off. Doane lifts Carlito back up to his feet and backs him towards the middle of the ropes before shooting him off. Nitro makes a blind tag to the back of Carlito!

Carlito comes back at Doane and Ken hits him with a well executed dropkick! Nitro climbs to the top turnbuckle. Doane goes for the cover on Carlito after hitting the dropkick. The referee tells Doane that Carlito is no longer the legal man and a tag was made. Doane gets into the face of the ref as Nitro is still perched on the top turnbuckle. Doane turns around to face Nitro and the Intercontinental Champion leaps off the top rope, hitting Doane with a cross body block! He hooks the leg!

…1…

……………….

………….

…2…

…………………

…………

NO!

Doane kicks put and Melina covers her face, knowing that the happenings of the past month will explode right now!!! Nitro’s built up anger explodes as he unleashes on Doane! He lifts Kenny up to his feet and just lets loose on him, hitting him with punches and kicks. Nitro grabs him by the hand and attempts to shoot him into the ring ropes. Doane counters and sends Nitro into the ring ropes. The Intercontinental Champion comes back and Doane takes him up and over with a back body drop. Kenny lifts Nitro up and backs him into a corner. He hits his Rated R Army teammate with a hard right hand and then follows with a stinging knife edged chop! He then follows up with another right hand and another strong knife edged chop! Doane grabs Nitro by the hand and attempts to shoot him into the corner but Johnny Nitro counters the Irish whip and sends Doane into the corner. Nitro charges into the corner but Doane gets his feet up and into the face of Doane. Doane stampedes out of the corner but Nitro lifts him up, whips him around and plants him with a power slam! Nitro covers him and hooks the leg.

…1...

………………..

………..

…2…

…………………….

…….NO!

Doane barely kicks out! Nitro looks around, not believing that Doane managed to kick out of the devastating power slam. Melina has a anxious expression on her face as the two men who have been fighting for her over the past few weeks, go at it in the ring. Nitro lifts Doane up to his feet as Carlito continue to recover on the ring apron. Doane shocks Nitro by grabbing at his face and tearing away at it, trying to rearrange the facial features of the Intercontinental Champion. He then quickly kicks Nitro in the gut before dropping him with a stiff DDT, which has been Doane’s main offensive maneuver for the night. Melina gasps as Doane goes for the cover.

…1…

…………………

………….

…2…

……………………

………..

NO!

Nitro kicks out! Doane gets up and decides to tag in Carlito. Carlito enters the ring and lifts Nitro back up to his feet. He then lifts him up and attempts to shoot him into the corner but Nitro reverses the Irish whip and sends Carlito into the corner. Carlito stops his momentum and catches Nitro with a stiff kick to the gut, knocking Nitro down to a knee. Carlito climbs to the top turnbuckle and attempts a moonsault off of the top turnbuckle! Nitro moves towards the corner and avoids the contact! Carlito shows his athleticism by landing on his feet! Nitro turns around and hits him with a super kick, knocking Carlito out! Nitro tells Doane to distract the referee. Doane refuses, not trusting Nitro due to the tension between the two as of late. Nitro motions to Doane that once they get rid of Carlito it will come down to the two of them.

Doane obliges and calls the referee over. Doane and the ref argue as Melina grabs the Intercontinental Title from ringside! Nitro lifts Carlito up to his feet and Melina slides into the ring, belt in hand. With the referee distracted, Nitro holds Carlito for Melina and she swings the title belt! Carlito ducks and she drills Nitro with the title belt! Melina looks at Nitro shocked, knowing she just made a huge mistake. The referee turns around and looks at the situation, Nitro and Carlito down with Melina holding the title belt. The referee kicks Melina from the ring and Doane gets a intriguing look on his face. Kenny climbs to the top turnbuckle. The referee tells him to get down but Doane refuses and leaps off. Doane HITS NITRO WITH A GUILLOTINE LEG DROP!!! Melina’s jaw drops as Doane just took out his Rated R teammate and the current Intercontinental Champion! Doane drags Carlito on top of Nitro and leaves the ring. Melina screams at Doane from the top of her lungs as Doane just smirks. The referee gets down and makes the cover.

…1...

………………..

……………

…2...

…………………..

…………

THREE!!!

Lilian Garcia:
Johnny Nitro has been ELIMINATED!!!

Melina looks at the ring in shock as Doane double-crosses her boyfriend, Johnny Nitro! The fans pop as we are now guaranteed a new Intercontinental Champion. Doane arrogantly enters the ring and stares down at Carlito. Doane lifts him up and shoots him into the corner. He then confidently strolls towards Carlito and nails him with a right hand. Carlito is pretty much out of it after taking a beating for the majority of the match. Doane then begins choking Carlito in the corner, trying to punish him.

Nitro finally reawakens and rolls to the outside of the ring. Doane continues to wail away on Carlito in the corner as Nitro snatches the Intercontinental Title from Melina and slides into the ring. Nitro is preparing to gain revenge and wants to hit Doane with the belt! Melina slides into the ring and grabs the belt. Nitro and Melina argue and the referee tries to get the two of them out of the ring. Doane turns around to see Nitro and Melina arguing. He jumps up and delivers a dropkick to the back of Nitro! Nitro and Melina both tumble out of the ring with Nitro landing on top of Melina! The crowd groans as Melina lands under all of Nitro’s weight. Doane shows no concern for Melina but does let out a smirk after seeing Nitro in pain. The crowd begins an “ASS-HOLE” chant as Doane arrogantly smiles. Carlito comes from up behind Doane and grabs him by the shoulders. The crowd pops as Carlito jumps up and finally hits the BACK CRACKER!! Carlito and Doane lay in the middle of the ring as Nitro and Melina are out on the outside. Carlito slowly crawls over to Doane and barely manages to get a hand across his chest!

…1…

…………………..

……………

…2…

……………………..

…………

THREE!!!

(21:13)

Lilian Garcia:
The winner of the match and NEW Intercontinental Champion, CARLITOOOO!!!

Jim Ross:
Carlito has done it! Carlito is the new WWE Intercontinental Champion! And that’s…that’s cool!!!

Jerry Lawler:
I don’t believe what we’ve witnessed here tonight. Doane double-crosses Nitro and then he shows no compassion for Melina. I don’t get it.

Jim Ross:
I get it. Kenny is a selfish son of a bitch! That’s all there is to it. I don’t like Melina but we can only hope she’s ok.

Carlito grabs his newly won Intercontinental Championship and heads towards the back, being rabidly cheered by the fans. On the outside of the ring, Nitro gets off of Melina and kneels beside her, asking her if she’s ok. Melina shakes her head ‘yes’ and Nitro turns his attention into the ring. On the inside of the ring, Doane slowly gets up, holding his back in pain. Nitro slides into the ring and charges at Doane. He takes Kenny down with a tackle and begins to wail away on him. Several referees run down to the ring and pull Nitro off of Doane. They manage to get the former Intercontinental Champion out of the ring and pull Nitro towards the backstage area. Doane gets back up to his feet as Melina enters the ring. Kenny faces Melina and immediately begins to plead, saying that it was an accident and hopes she’s ok. Melina rears back and SLAPS DOANE ACROSS THE FACE!!! The crowd erupts as she brushes right by Doane and walks to the back. We cut to another advertisement after seeing the possible disintegration of The Rated R Army.

*Advertisement for the Great American Bash 2006 - Now on DVD.*

*World Heavyweight Championship*
*Triple Threat Match*
Kurt Angle© vs. King Booker vs. Rey Mysterio

*No Disqualification*
*The Animal returns*
Batista vs. Mark Henry

*Buried Alive Match*
The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali

*“The Rabid Wolverine” Chris Benoit returns*

We return from the small break with John Bradshaw Layfield in the ring, microphone in hand.

John Bradshaw Layfield:
This is a damn travesty! Once again, by some miracle, I manage to get screwed out of what is rightfully mine.

Crowd boos as JBL rants.

John Bradshaw Layfield:
Oh but this time, I ain’t just gonna let it slide. It took me a while but I’ve been running around for the past hour and I finally have the footage. Roll it!

*Footage plays on the titantron showing the finish to the JBL-Benoit match. Benoit locks in the Crossface but JBL manages to get his foot on the ropes. After a while, JBL taps out after the referee fails to see his foot on the ropes.*

The video ends and JBL smiles.

John Bradshaw Layfield:
Clear as day! CLEAR…AS…DAY! I don’t give a damn who does it! Whether it be Benoit, whether it be that dumb ass referee or whether it be Vince McMahon himself. Somebody needs to come out here and award me my #1 Contendership status.

The crowd boos, unimpressed with JBL’s whining.

John Bradshaw Layfield:
I’m not waiting all night. Somebody better get out here and give me my title shot and they better do it NOW!

Crowd begins and “asshole’ chant.

John Bradshaw Layfield:
SHUT UP!

Crowd’s heat gets even louder.

John Bradshaw Layfield:
Do you not understand just who in the hell I am? I am the face of Monday Nights. I am Mr. RAW. The Wall Street Warrior. The Wrestling Gawd! I am a bona fide legend. Hell, I am a true American Heeeeerrooooooo!!!!

*GLASS SHATTERS*

The audience absolutely erupts into the loudest ovation of the night as Stone Cold Steve Austin walks down to the ring. The Texas Rattlesnake has his BMF walk in full effect as JBL looks on from the ring in shock as is the rest of the fans in attendance.

Jim Ross:
STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!

Austin steps into the ring and looks JBL up & down before continuing. Stone Cold goes to each corner and raises his arms in the air receiving an earth shattering pop each and every time. Austin grabs a microphone as the fans chant “AUSTIN!” Bradshaw continues to look at Stone Cold in shock as The Rattlesnake begins to speak.

Stone Cold:
So I was sitting on my ass at the house…

The crowd pops, glad to hear Austin’s voice.

Stone Cold:
And I got a phone call.

*WHAT*

JBL just stares at Austin in complete shock, wanting to know why he’s here.

Stone Cold:
I picked it up and the person on the under end said…“This is Vince McMahon.”

Crowd boos the mention of McMahon.

Stone Cold:
So I hung up on that son of a bitch!

Thunderous pop as Austin smirks. An “Austin!” chant begins before Stone Cold continues.

Stone Cold:
So the little bastard had his secretary call me back. She was talking about my tests done on my neck a while back. Yada yada yada. And I listened to what she had to say. Midway through her little speech, I started to nod off because she was about as boring as McMahon is…

Crowd laughs at McMahon.

Stone Cold:
But then she said something that caught my attention. Those words being ‘Come. Back. Full. Time.’

Crowd pops in another enormous ovation at the thought of Austin back full time.

Stone Cold:
And for those four words I had three of my own. “OH HEEELLLLLL YEAH!”

Another enormous pop.

Stone Cold:
So here I am, right here in Los Angeles…

Cheap pop but loud as hell.

Stone Cold:
And I was in the back, sitting down, listening to you son, (points to JBL) run your mouth out here and I started to nod off again.

*WHAT*

Stone Cold:
Son of a bitch was putting me to sleep!

*WHAT*

Stone Cold:
Deja vu

*WHAT*

Stone Cold:
So I said, “Steve, you got two choices. Choice number one, you can let Bradshaw continue to run his mouth. Or choice number two, you can go out there to that ring and whoop his sorry ass!”

Crowd pops as JBL puts his hands up.

John Bradshaw Layfield:
(Faking laughter) Listen Steve…

Stone Cold:
What?!

*WHAT?!*

John Bradshaw Layfield:
Buddy…

Stone Cold:
WHAT?!

*WHAT*

John Bradshaw Layfield:
I got no problem with you. Steve, just relax. Look, all I want is my title match. I didn’t……

Austin begins laughing, cutting JBL off.

Stone Cold:
God damn it, son. I was just kiddin’ with ya. You didn’t honestly think I came out here to whip your ass.

Bradshaw looks confused.

Stone Cold:
You know I like ya.

JBL smiles.

Stone Cold:
Not a lot, but I like ya. I came out here because I have something for ya.

JBL smiles and sticks his hands out, wanting his gift. The crowd pops, knowing what’s coming. Austin gives them a smirk and throws a kick, stopping just short of JBL’s stomach.

Stone Cold:
I almost had you there didn’t I?

JBL clutches his chest in relief.

Stone Cold:
Now I know I put it here somewhere…

Austin reaches in his side pockets, looking around for something but he cant seem to find it. He then snaps his fingers, realizing where he put it. Austin reaches into his back right pocket. He searches for a while before he pulls out…his middle finger! He flips JBL off and then gives him a STONE COLD STUNNER!!! The crowd erupts again as Austin’s music hits one more time. Austin drops to the ground and begins wagging his head in JBL’s face in typical Stone Cold fashion! He then picks up the mic.

Stone Cold:
Stone Cold Steve Austin is back and…

Loud pop.

Stone Cold:
And I am gonna raise more hell in this ring than ever before…and that’s the bottom line…Cause STONE COLD SAID SO!!!

The glass shatters and the crowd pops before Austin throws the mic down.

Jim Ross:
Stone Cold is back! The Texas Rattlesnake is back on Monday nights!

Jerry Lawler:
And he just took out JBL! That damn Austin!

Jim Ross:
My God what a moment! What an Unforgiven!

:::We cut to Mr. McMahon’s office. Vince is already dressed in his referee outfit and is having a couple of lovely ladies oil up his abnormally large arms. Edge walks in and stands in front of McMahon.:::

Mr. McMahon:
You look like crap. Rough night so far?

Edge:
Apparently, Kenny and Johnny must be from here in Los Angeles because they don’t speak a word of English!

Crowd boos.

Mr. McMahon:
Well what can I do for you right now?

Edge:
Well, I figured since Nitro and Doane didn’t get the point after I thought that they did, I better make sure me and you are on the same page. I just came to make sure that you do the right thing in my WWE Title match tonight.

Mr. McMahon:
Let me remind you of something. I hate Shawn Michaels! I hate Shawn Michaels with a passion! Even in ‘96 I hated Michaels. You don’t know how hard it was for me to have to sit there at that announce position where J.R. and the King are right now, and put Michaels over. I watched that selfish son of a bitch corrupt Montoya, Waltman and Hunter! I had to sit back and let Michaels, Razor, Diesel and Hunter, take the business in their very own hands inside of The Mecca of sports entertainment. I sat back and watched Michaels and Hunter make a mockery of this business, with their childish and degenerate actions. What do all of those things have in common…Shawn Michaels! All of this time I though I hated The Kliq. Then I though I hated DX. When the fact is, I HATE SHAWN MICHAELS!

McMahon takes a deep breath.

Mr. McMahon:
But even with my extreme hate of Michaels, I will call this match up, right down the middle.

Edge looks at McMahon in shock as some fans applaud, others are skeptical.

Mr. McMahon:
This is the WWE Championship. As much as I hate Michaels, I can not compromise the prestige of the WWE Championship.

Edge and McMahon stare at each other then burst out laughing.

Mr. McMahon:
Michaels is finished. See you out there…champ.

Edge smiles and then leaves the office. We cut back to ringside.

Jerry Lawler:
Right down the middle, J.R. Ha Ha!

Jim Ross:
If you think that Mr. McMahon is going to call the match fairly, then you’re dumber than I thought you were. Up next, its old school versus new school, its Ric Flair against Randy Orton. Legend versus Legend Killer.

*WOOOOOOO!!!!*

“Space Odyssey 3000” hits to an awesome ovation. “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair makes his way to the ring, looking confident and moving in typical “Nature Boy” fashion. Flair walks down the ramp, stylin’ and profilin’ as only he can before stepping between the ropes and into the ring.

Lilian Garcia:
The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, from Charlotte, North Carolina, weighing in at 245 pounds, “The Nature Boy” RIC FLAAAAIR!!!

Jim Ross:
Arguably the best wrestler in the history of the business. SIXTEEN TIMES, the heavyweight champion of the world! Ric Flair has probably wrestled in more title matches than Randy Orton has had matches.

Jerry Lawler:
But tonight isn’t a title match. Tonight is about respect. These idiots here tonight haven’t shown Randy the proper respect. All they do is drool over how ‘great’ Ric Flair is.

*HEY!*

“Burn In My Light” hits to a tremendous amount of heat. “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton makes his way onto the stage area and does his ‘destiny’ pose. The pyro falls from the ceiling and he continues on his way to the ring, arrogantly smirking at Flair.

Lilian Garcia:
And his opponent, from St. Louis, Missouri, weighing in at 245 pounds, “The Legend Killer” RANDY ORTON!!!

Jim Ross:
The 25 year old Randy Orton has accomplished more than most within a short time frame but can he defeat the legendary Ric Flair?

Jerry Lawler:
Yes.

Jim Ross:
That’s why you’re the best color man in the business.

Match #5
Ric Flair vs. Randy Orton
Legend vs. Legend Killer

Orton and Flair stare at each other from across the ring, trying to psyche each other out in the early going. Orton seems to be his typical arrogant self as Flair seems more focused and serious on the task at hand. Flair lets out a loud “WOO!” and the fans in attendance follow his lead, letting out “WOO!”s of their own. Flair then extends his right hand out, challenging Orton to lock up in the middle of the squared circle. Orton reaches out with his left hand, attempting to engage but The Nature Boy quickly pulls his hand away and slicks back his hair. Flair does the “Flair strut” as the fans cheer wildly and let out more “WOO!”s. Orton stares at Flair, pissed that The Nature Boy got one up on him. Flair lets out a smile as the two superstars begin to circle the ring.

The Legend Killer and The Nature Boy then lock up in a collar and elbow tie up. Both men struggle for leverage before Orton gains the advantage by locking in a headlock. He quickly takes Flair down to the mat and keeps the side headlock applied. Orton tightens the headlock before Flair uses his forearm to push Orton’s head back. The Nature Boy wraps his legs around Orton’s head, forcing him to let go of the headlock. Orton pushes Flair’s legs and gets out of the grasp of the legendary grappler. Both men get up to their feet and Orton looks a bit flustered as Flair shows he still has the moves.

Flair struts around the ring some more as Orton’s look of shock turns into one of anger. Flair lets out another loud “WOO!” and the crowd responds in kind. Orton and Flair once again lock up in a collar and elbow tie up in the middle of the ring. This time The Nature Boy takes The Legend Killer down with a headlock takedown. Orton quickly gets Flair in the head scissors before Flair pushes out of it. Both Orton and Flair get back up to their feet. Flair lets out a slight smirk, almost impressed with the speed and skill Orton used to quickly get out of the hold. Orton does his “destiny” pose, knowing that he did the same set of moves Flair did, except a lot quicker. The crowd showers Orton in boos, as he holds the pose for a longer amount of time than he usually does.

For the third time in a row, the two superstars lock up in the middle of the ring with a collar and elbow tie up. Flair goes back to the “well” once again and puts Orton in the side headlock. Flair cinches it in tight, trying to wear the younger, faster, more athletic superstar down. Orton backs Flair into the ropes and sends Ric off of the ring ropes. Flair goes to the ropes and manages to hold onto the top one. The Nature Boy once again does the “Flair strut” as Orton looks pissed that he is being outmaneuvered by his older, wiser opponent. Frustrated, Randy Orton charges at Flair but The Nature Boy ducks his head down and sends Orton over the top rope with a back body drop! Orton lands on the floor hard as the fans cheer on The Dirtiest Player in the Game!

Flair exit’s the ring and goes after Randy Orton on the outside. He lifts Orton up and backs him up against the fan barricade. He lifts Orton’s head up before delivering a sizzling knife edge chop to the chest of Orton. The fans give a “WOO!” as Orton clutches at his chest in pain. Flair grabs him and throws The Legend Killer back into the ring. Flair takes his time and climbs up the ring steps as Orton begins to make it up to his feet in the ring.

Flair re-enters the ring and Orton calls for a “time out”, using his hands to make the sign of a ‘T’. Orton tries to recover as Flair, surprisingly, doesn’t go after him. Flair mocks Orton and talks trash as Randy recovers in the corner. Flair lets Orton make it up to his feet and The Legend Killer moves towards the center of the ring. The two stars once again lock up in the middle of the ring with a collar and elbow tie up. Flair locks in a side headlock before grabbing Randy’s arm, going behind and applying a hammerlock. He keeps the hold locked in for a second or two before dropping to his knees and tripping up Orton. Orton falls to the canvas, landing right on his face and Flair re-applies the hammerlock. Orton manages to sit up as Flair keeps the hold locked in. Shockingly, Orton counters the move by spinning out of it and applying a hammerlock of his own. Orton then lets go of the hold and gets back up to his feet, not using the hold to hurt Flair but rather showcase his youth and skill.

Orton smirks and waits on Flair to get back up to his feet. He continues to arrogantly smile as he knows that he just humbled The Nature Boy with that exchange of moves. Flair gets back up to his feet and shakes loose his right arm, after it was put into a bit of pain by Orton’s hold. Flair and Orton get face to face in the middle of the ring. Flair looks into Orton’s eyes, almost seeing that time may have passed him by. Orton lets out an egotistical smile, as he knows that he is clearly the better athlete of the two.

Orton rears back and slaps Flair right across the face, showing perhaps the greatest wrestler of all time, no respect whatsoever. The crowd “ohs” as Orton’s smile turns into laughter. Flair rubs the side of his face as he stares a hole through Orton. The Dirtiest Player in the Game then quickly delivers a thumb to the eye in typical Flair fashion. The crowd cheers as Flair takes Orton and backs him into the corner. He rears back and gives him a thunderous knife edge chop, receiving “WOO!”s from the crowd. Orton clutches his chest in pain before shaking off the effects of the chop. Orton grabs him and switches positions with him in the corner. Orton grabs the head of Flair with his left hand before delivering a hard European uppercut with his right hand! Orton then delivers another hard European uppercut! And another! Orton then grabs a hurt Ric Flair by the back of the head and throws him over the top rope, to the outside of the ring!

Ric Flair lands on the outside and attempts to recover, crawling to the announce table and using it to pull himself up. Orton soon follows Flair to the outside and plans to go back on the attack. Orton grabs him by the back of the head and attempts to slam The Nature Boy, face first into the steel steps. Flair uses his hands to stop his momentum and avoid the steel steps. He then delivers a quick right hand to the stomach of Orton. Flair grabs a stunned Orton and slams his face into the steel steps! Orton grabs at his face in pain and Flair continues on the attack. He lifts Orton’s head up and delivers another hard knife edge chop! Flair grabs his young and cocky opponent and throws him back into the ring.

The Nature Boy climbs back into the ring but Orton rolls out of the other side, attempting to avoid Flair. Flair refuses to let up and follows Orton to the outside of the ring. Orton continues to walk around the ringside area until Flair catches up with him. Flair grabs him and pushes his back against the fan barricade. Flair pulls back and delivers another sickening knife edged chop to Orton. The fans cheer as Orton’s chest has turned a shade of red from all of Flair’s chops. Flair then hits him with a right hand to the face. And then another knife edged chop! And then another right hand! Orton then hits Flair with a thumb to the eye, returning the favor from earlier.

Flair grabs his eye, temporarily stunned by Orton’s dirty tactics. Orton gets off the fan barricade and attempts to walk around ringside. Flair recovers and charges at The Legend Killer! Orton catches him coming in and takes him up & over with a back body drop! Flair’s body crashes to the floor below, putting The Nature Boy in extreme pain. Orton grabs Flair off the ground. He lifts him up and throws him back into the ring. Orton goes for the cover, knowing he was weakened down after taking the hard bump on the outside.

…1…

……………………

……………

…2...

…;……………

……NO!

Flair kicks out of Orton’s pin fall attempt. Orton sits Flair up and applies his front chin lock. Orton wrenches back on the hold, trying to get The Nature Boy to submit. The referee asks Flair if he wants to quit. Flair says ‘no’ as he attempts to stick his fingers in between Orton’s arm and his throat, trying to cause some separation. Flair makes it back up to his feet in an attempt to get out of the hold. Orton releases the submission, turns Flair around and backs him into a corner. Orton arrogantly smiles at Flair before delivering a hard slap to the face of The Nature Boy! Out of pure anger, Flair gains a rush of adrenaline and manages to deliver a kick to the gut of Orton. Orton retaliates by hitting Flair with a barrage of several hard right hands to the face. He then pulls him out of the corner and towards the middle of the ropes. Orton then backs up and clothesline Flair over the top rope! Flair lands on the outside as Orton looks into the ‘hard camera’ and does his “destiny” pose.

Flair crawls over to the steel steps and uses them to pull himself up. Orton smugly exit’s the ring. Orton has a cocky grin on his face as he calmly walks toward The Nature Boy. Orton grabs Flair but he fights back with a hard knife edged chop! Flair pulls back and delivers another hard knife edged chop, trying to make a comeback. Flair then grabs him and throws him into the ring. Flair rolls back into the ring and Orton jumps him, delivering hard shots to his back. Orton lifts him back up to his feet and gives him a hard European uppercut. He grabs Flair by the hand and shoots him into the ropes. Flair comes back off the ring ropes and Orton jumps up, hitting The Nature Boy with his picture perfect dropkick!! Orton goes for the cover after the great move.

…1...

……………….

……………

…2...

………………

….NO!

Flair manages to get a shoulder up, avoiding the loss. Orton stays on the attack, getting up to his feet and quickly bounces off of the ropes. Orton comes back, jumps up and attempts to hit a huge knee drop on The Nature Boy. Flair moves out of the way, causing Orton’s knee to smash into the canvas. Orton gets off the ground, holding his right knee as Flair also makes it back up to his feet. Smelling blood, Flair goes on the attack. He hits The Legend Killer with a hard knife edged chop, knocking him into the corner. Orton grabs Flair and switches positions with him in the corner. Orton hits him with hard rights and lefts, letting loose on The Nature Boy!

Flair fights out of the corner, hitting Orton with a hard knife edged chops! And then another! And another! Flair grabs Orton by the hand and shoots him into the ropes. Orton springs back off of the ring ropes and Flair hits him with a stiff back elbow, knocking Orton down. Flair does the “Flair strut”, feeling his momentum building. The crowd cheers as Flair bounces off of the ropes and hit’s a hard elbow drop. Flair lets out a loud “WHOO!” and the fans respond, fully in the corner of The Nature Boy. Flair bounces off of the ropes once more and leaps up. Flair drops his knee on the face of Orton, rolling through. Flair takes a second or two to recover, before exiting the ring and going on to the apron.

Flair climbs to the top turnbuckle and waits for The Legend Killer to get back up to his feet. Orton quickly gets up to his feet and grabs Flair. Orton attempts to deliver a press slam off of the top but Flair delivers a thumb to the eye of Orton. Randy clutches at his eye in pain as Flair gets reset on the top turnbuckle. Orton turns back around and Flair leaps off the top! Orton leaps up, catches Flair in midair and delivers the RKO! The crowd erupts and almost immediately begin a “HOLY SHIT” chant! Both Orton and Flair lay out in the middle of the ring, spent. The referee begins his double knockout ten count.

… One …

… Two …

… Three …

… Four ...

[Both men have yet to move.]

… Five …

[Orton crawls onto his stomach]

… Six …

… Seven …

… Eight …

[Orton crawls towards Flair]

…. Nine .…

[Orton lifts his hand up]

…Te [Orton with the cover]

…1...

…………………

………….

…2...

………………..

…………..

…NO!

Flair kicks out, receiving a thunderous ovation from the sold out audience! Orton gets onto his knees and looks at the referee with shock and frustration. He shows the referee three fingers, telling him that he won the match. The referee tells him that Flair barely managed to kick out and it was only a two count. Orton gets back up to his feet and stares down at his resilient opponent. Orton looks at him, frustrated and upset that he could not put the match away. Orton’s look of anger and irritation quickly turns back into his sickening and arrogant smirk.

He reaches down and grabs the leg of Flair. The crowd erupts in boos, giving The Legend Killer tremendous heat. Orton lets out a “WOO!” and then smiles. Some of the fans respond to Orton’s arrogance but most just boo the hell out of him. The referee watches from the corner as Orton attempts to put Ric Flair in his own legendary submission hold. Orton gets half way through the move but Flair takes his other foot and pushes Orton off. Orton comes flying at the referee in the corner. Orton manages to stop his momentum before crashing into the referee. Flair comes from behind Orton and delivers a low blow, out of the view of the referee! The crowd pops as Orton holds his crotch in pain. Orton attempts to walk it off but Flair comes up from behind him and hits him with a nasty chop block to the back of the knee! Orton goes down to the mat, holding his leg. Flair grabs Orton’s leg and lets out a loud “WOO!” The crowd responds with a thunderous pop, knowing what’s coming next! Flair goes for the Figure Four Leg Lock and he locks it in! The crowd erupts as Orton cries out in extreme pain! Orton holds on for a long time before finally….

……………

…………

………….

…………

Holding on some more!! Orton attempts to reverse the hold by turning onto his stomach. He lifts his right hand into the air and tries to turn over. Flair tries to block it but Orton keeps fighting! Eventually, The Legend Killer counters the Figure Four Leg Lock, putting all of the pressure on the legs of Flair! The hold is only reversed for a few seconds, before Flair uses Orton’s own momentum to keep rolling back into the hold!! Orton reaches out and grabs the bottom ring rope, forcing the hold to be broken. Flair keeps the submission hold on and the referee begins his five count. The ref makes it up to a count of four and Flair finally releases the hold, a second before being disqualified.

Orton crawls over to the corner, almost limp from the punishment done to his legs by Flair’s legendary submission hold. Orton uses the ropes to pull himself up and he rests his back against the turnbuckle. Flair comes in and delivers a hard knife edged chop! The Nature Boy is in complete control of the match and knows it as he hits him with a right hand to the face. He then unleashes a furious barrage on The Legend Killer, lighting him up with hard lefts and rights. Flair then grabs the hand of Orton and shoots him into the corner! Flair runs immediately, following Orton into the corner. Orton uses his momentum and the top turnbuckle to lifts himself up and over The Nature Boy. Orton lands on his feet, behind Flair. Orton taps Flair on his shoulder. Flair turns around and Orton hit’s the RKO!!!! The crowd erupts in a chorus of boos as Orton goes for the cover!

…1...

………………

………..

…2...

…………

……………….

…Orton lets go of the lateral press!

The referee and the crowd look on in shock as Orton simply grins. The ref gets in Orton’s face and Orton arrogantly waves him off. Orton grabs Flair’s legs and attempts to lock in The Texas Cloverleaf, a move he has used recently. Flair counters the move into an inside cradle of sorts!!!

…1...

……………..

…………

…2...

………..

……………..

NO!

Orton escapes the hold and quickly gets back up to his feet. The audience groans, thinking that Flair had the match won with the inside cradle! Pissed off, Orton delivers a stomp right to the face of The Nature Boy! Orton goes over to his legs and locks in The Texas Cloverleaf! The crowd erupts in heat as Orton has his submission hold locked into perfection! Flair screams out in pain as his back and legs are in a tremendous amount of pain. The referee gets down and asks Flair if he wants to submit. The Nature Boy shakes his head ‘no’! Flair struggles for the ropes as Orton pulls back on the hold even more, adding more pressure, trying to injure and maim Flair! Flair manages to get a fingertip on the bottom rope BUT The Legend Killer drags Flair back to the middle of the ring! Orton pulls back some more and now has a crazed look on his face! Flair continues to stay in the hold and refuses to submit! The crowd begins a “FLAIR” chant as the referee continues to ask him if he wants to submit. This time Flair doesn’t say ‘no’ and just yells out in pain! Flair lifts his hand up and…….

……………..

……………….

………………

……………..

He refuses to submit! Flair once again begins to crawl towards the ring ropes. Orton yells for him to quit but The Nature Boy refuses to quit! Flair uses his forearms to pull his body towards the edge of the ring! Orton is shocked that Flair still has the strength and determination to keep on fighting. Flair reaches out and REACHES THE ROPES!!! The audience erupts as Flair has managed to survive the submission hold. Orton lets go of the hold and looks down at Flair. Orton is in a complete state of shock as he can’t believe the 50+ year old man, thirty years his senior, somehow has not given up yet!

Randy looks around the arena. The fans are on their feet, applauding the tremendous heart of the greatest wrestler of all time. Orton shakes his head, almost acknowledging the greatness of Flair. Orton drops to ground and begins stalking Flair, wanting to hit the RKO. Flair is almost completely out of it, laying on his stomach, grabbing his lower back. Orton continues to wait, seemingly with all of the patience in the world! The crowd begins another “FLAIR!” chant as The Nature Boy shows signs of life. Flair reaches up and grabs the middle rope with his right hand. He then grabs it with his lefts hand and manages to lift himself up to his knees. Orton has now been waiting for a while but his expression has not changed, as he is completely concentrated on hitting this move.

The Legend Killer is extremely focused on Flair and has not taken his eyes off of him for a second. Flair continues to struggle up to his feet, using the top rope to pull himself up. The fans have still not stopped chanting for Flair, attempting to will him to victory over his arrogant and conceited opponent. Flair struggles to remain on his feet after all of the damage that his back and legs took from the Texas Cloverleaf. Flair slowly turns around, not realizing that The Legend Killer is waiting on him. Flair faces Randy’s direction and Orton jumps up off the mat and HITS THE RKO!!! This time Orton wastes no time in going for the cover!!

…1...

…………..……..

…………

…2...

………………..

………….

…… THREE!!!!!

(17:40)

Lilian Garcia:
The winner of the match, “THE LEGEND KILLER” RAAAANNDYYYY OORRTTOONNN!!!

Jim Ross:
Orton picks up the win. But I have to take my hat off to “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Flair gave these fans one hell of a match up and he refused to quit! He didn’t give up no matter how hard Orton tried! Ric Flair gave it everything he had and proved he still has gas left in the tank.

Jerry Lawler:
Whatever J.R.. Enough talk about Flair. Yeah. Ric Flair proved that he’s not totally washed up yet but he’s not the story. The story is The Legend Killer. Randy Orton kills another legend, the biggest legend, Ric Flair!

:::We cut back to Mr. McMahon’s office. Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak walk in:::

Luther Reigns:
(Pissed) What the hell is this I hear about you not giving us those tag titles!? We are the only team that deserves them belts! And damn it we want them now!

McMahon is intimidated by Reigns but keeps up his tough guy front.

Mr. McMahon:
Who in the hell do you think you’re talking to!?

Jindrak speaks, in a much lighter tone than Reigns and McMahon.

Mark Jindrak:
Mr. McMahon, we were just under the impression that you were going to name new tag team champions at Unforgiven. And we figured since we have been very impressive as of late, you would name us the World Tag Team Champions. Sir.

Mr. McMahon:
That’s more like it. Well, I was going to…

Luther Reigns:
BUT!?

Mr. McMahon:
But the last time that someone was named a champion, people didn’t take it to well. So here’s what I decided to do. Tomorrow night on RAW, we will have a Tag Team Battle Royal for the vacant World Tag Team Championship!!!

The fans pop as Reigns and Jindrak get pissed off.

Luther Reigns:
What the hell is that?!

Mr. McMahon:
Its really quite simple. The two of you, Reigns and Jindrak, will be in a battle royal with the other tag teams of RAW. Once everyone is eliminated and there is only one left standing, that person and his teammate become the World Tag Team Champions.

Luther Reigns:
That’s bullshi-

Jindrak jumps in to prevent Reigns from getting them in heat with the chairman.

Mark Jindrak:
Who’s in it?

Mr. McMahon:
Well, The Highlanders (decent pop), The Spirit Squad (boos), Eugene and ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan (nice pop), Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch (mainly silence with a few scattered boos) and the two of you will all go at it for the vacant World Tag Team Championships. Good luck.

Reigns fumes as Jindrak pulls him out of the locker room.

:::Advertisement airs for Friday Night SmackDown!:::

“Samoa” hits to a lot of heat. “The Samoan Bulldozer” Umaga makes his way to the ring with his manager, Armando Alejandro Estrada, by his side. Estrada has a microphone in hand as Umaga yells unintelligibly at the crowd. The two men enter the ring and AAE prepares to speak.

Armando Alejandro Estrada:
Before we get to Mick Foley, I have a very important announcement to make……MY NAME IS ARMANDOOOOOOOO ALEJANDROOOOOOO ESTRRRRADAAAAAAAA!!! Ha Ha!

Crowd chants along with AAE and then boo once he’s finished saying his name.

Mick Foley ju big, fat, lazy, washed up, out of shape, one-eared DUMMY! Ju had the guts, ju had the nerves, ju had the, como se dice, BALLS to take a barbed wired baseball bat and bloody the Samoan Bulldozer! Ha ha! My friend, that’s just something ju don’t do! So now my man, ju must pay the price!

Umaga snarls as Estrada continues.

So Mick Foley, I know that ju are back there. Because if you’re not, me and Umaga are going to have to make a house call. Ha ha! So Mick, Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love or whatever the hell ju are calling yourself these days, get your ass out here and get your ass kicked by the …. SAAAAAMOAN BULLDOZER … UUUUUMAGAAAAAA!!!!

Umaga, Estrada and the sold out Staples Center wait for the hardcore legend to make his presence known. They continue to wait for about half a minute but nothing happens.

Foley, ju think this is some kind of a joke?! A game!? We’re not kidding around here my friend! We were serious when we said that we’ll come to your house and beat the hell out of ju in front of your kids! Trust me, ju don’t want us to do that! Because if…

*CAR CRASH*

“Wreck” blasts over the P.A. system to a loud reaction. Most cheer the hardcore legend but some boo, remembering his violent feud with ‘The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair. Mick Foley makes his way onto the stage area as the fans give him a mostly positive response. Estrada smirks inside of the ring, glad Foley showed up. Foley is dressed in his typical flannel wear and has a microphone in hand.

Mick Foley:
Let me start off by saying, that it feels good to be right here, in Los Angeles, California!

Loud cheap pop as Foley gives a thumbs up.

Mick Foley:
Let me also say right here and now, that I would just like to congratulate, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair…

Foley is a cut off by a loud pop for Flair.

Mick Foley:
Not only for his great performance tonight but on his great win at SummerSlam!

Another nice pop.

Mick Foley:
You see, Ric Flair and myself, went out to that very ring on August 20th and we tore the house down and put on one of the most brutal matches in WWE history! But I was in a very different state of mind then. In fact, you could say that I was a completely different person, that person being CACTUS JACK!

Great pop for the mention of Jack as Estrada rolls his eyes.

Mick Foley:
That brings me to you, Umaga.

Crowd boos.

Mick Foley:
While I was in that sick state of mind, certain people were hurt and hurt badly. One of those people would be myself, the other would be Ric Flair and the last would happen to be you.

Umaga tries to go after Foley but Estrada holds him back.

Mick Foley:
On the RAW before SummerSlam, in order to send a message to Ric Flair, I bloodied the Saaaamoan Bulldozer with ‘Barbie”.

Crowd pops.

Mick Foley:
To be quite honest with you, the only thing I have to say about that is, wrong place, wrong time.

WRONG PLACE, WRONG TIME!? Ju big dummy! Do you not know who this man is?! This man right here could break ju in half without breaking a sweat! This monster is undefeated and ju lost to an 80 year old man! And now ju have the nerve to say WRONG PLACE, WRONG TIME!?

Mick Foley:
What else do you want me to say?

I don’t want ju to say nothing! I want ju to get your ass in this ring and get what’s coming to ju!

Foley takes a look at the crowd and they respond with a loud pop, wanting him to get in the ring with Umaga. Foley looks towards the ring and see Umaga waiting, almost salivating for Foley to get in the ring. He then throws caution into the wind and rushes towards the ring.

Jim Ross:
Oh my God. Here we go! This isn't a sanctioned match. This is a fight!

Foley slides in and the brawls is on as he and Umaga exchange right hands in the middle of the ring. Foley begins gaining the edge in the brawl backing Umaga up, before knocking him down with a hard right. He raises his hand to the crowd and they respond by giving him a large pop. Estrada seizes the opportunity by jumping onto his back. Foley simply flings Armando to the ground like a fly as Umaga gets back up to his feet. Foley charges at Umaga and The Samoan Bulldozer catches him coming in, lifts him up and hits him with a Samoan Drop! The crowd’s cheering immediately dies down as the monster has totally stopped the momentum of Foley. He drags the hardcore legend up into a corner and sets him on the bottom turnbuckle. Umaga walks to the opposite corner, before turning around, charging ahead and squashing Foley’s head! Estrada gets in Umaga’s face and begins talking smack as Umaga taunts the audience to huge heat. Estrada takes a cigar out of his breast pocket and breaks it in half. The crowd groans as they know what is coming next. Umaga lifts Foley up to his feet and DRILLS HIM WITH THE SAMOAN SPIKE!!! He then lifts Foley up again and prepares to hit another one. He pulls back and DOES IT AGAIN!!! Foley rolls around on the ground, clutching his throat! Umaga goes to leave the ring, having done the damage and sending the message but Estrada stops him and tells him to do it again! The crowd begins an “Asshole” chant as Estrada looks at them in disgust. Umaga lifts Foley up again, preparing to hit the spike but Eugene and Hacksaw Jim Duggan (2 x 4 in hand) run down to the ring. Eugene runs at Umaga and gets taken out with a Samoan Spike of his own! Duggan swings the piece of wood at Umaga but the Samoan Bulldozer grabs it and breaks it over his knee! He then takes the piece in his right hand and STABS DUGGAN in the throat!!! The crowd becomes silent watching the level of violence being inflicted by Umaga. He lifts Foley up to his feet once again but Charlie Haas runs down to the ring. Haas fairs slightly better but he too is eventually taken down by Umaga’s Samoan Spike!!

Jim Ross:
This had got to be the damnest thing I have ever seen in my life! I’ve never seen a man so dominant! He’s gonna kill somebody in that ring!

Jerry Lawler:
Even I think this is too much. Somebody’s got to get out here!

Umaga then picks up a piece of wood off of the floor and begins choking Foley with it! Foley clutches at his throat as Umaga attempts to choke the life out of him! Umaga finally gets off of him and stares down at all of the damage he has caused. Duggan, Eugene, Haas and Foley all laid out in the ring. Mick begins to cough up blood as Estrada begins laughing sadistically! Umaga lifts Foley up and tosses him to the outside of the ring. He then begins clearing off of the announce table as several referees run down to the ring. The referees plead with Umaga to stop this destruction, but their pleas fall on deaf ears as Umaga continues to clear the table. J.R. and The King move for higher ground as he prepares to cause more damage. He lifts Foley up to his feet and sticks him between his legs. Umaga then lifts Foley up and POWERBOMBS HIM THROUGH THE TABLE!!! The crowd begins a “Holy Shit!” chant as Foley lies motionless among the broken pieces of the table, blood flowing from his mouth from internal injuries. Estrada stares down at Foley, as he too is in shock of the level of damage that Umaga was able to cause. Foley doesn’t move a muscle, completely out of it from the beating he has received tonight! Several EMTs come down to the ringside area as all the referees and The King check on Foley’s condition. We cut to an advertisement as the medics put Foley on a stretcher.

:::WWE Fanatix series - SummerSlam 2006:::

*World Heavyweight Championship; Dream Match*
Kurt Angle© vs. Batista

*WWE Championship; DX Collides*
Edge© vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

*The Rock returns*

*Legends Battle; Hardcore Match*
Ric Flair vs. Cactus Jack

*First Blood*
Randy Orton vs. John Cena

:::We return from the break with ‘moments ago’ footage showing Mick Foley being lifted on a stretcher into an ambulance.:::

Jim Ross:
That was one of the most sadistic attacks I have ever seen. I don’t know when we’ll see Mick in a WWE ring let alone compete again. Well, we’ll try to move on here. Damn that was sick! The #1 Contendership is on the line. Chris Benoit versus The Undertaker in what should be one hell of a contest!

“Whatever” hits to a good ovation but not as good as the first time due to the events that have just occurred. “The Rabid Wolverine” Chris Benoit makes his way down the entrance ramp as focused as always on obtaining a victory. Benoit uses the ring ropes to stretch and prepares for the match up.

Lilian Garcia:
The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the #1 Contendership to the WWE Championship! Introducing first, now residing in Atlanta, Georgia, weighing in at 229 pounds, “The Rabid Wolverine” CHRIS BENOIT!!!

Jim Ross:
Benoit picked up a very impressive, if not controversial win over JBL here tonight. JBL whined about it and got a Stone Cold Stunner for his efforts! Benoit now moves on and wrestles The Undertaker right here, right now for a shot at the WWE Championship!

*GONG*

The lights immediately go off.

*GONG*

The lights come back on with The Undertaker in the ring, behind Benoit. Benoit turns around and stares into the eyes of The Deadman. Taker and Benoit get face to face, nose to nose, as the tension picks up.

Lilian Garcia:
And his opponent, from Death Valley, weighing in at 305 pounds, THE UNDERTAKERRRR!!!

Jim Ross:
The Phenom. The Wolverine. The Deadman. The Crippler. #1 Contendership on the line. Here we go.

Match #6
Chris Benoit vs. The Undertaker
#1 Contender’s Match for shot at the WWE Championship

The Undertaker and Chris Benoit back into their respective corners as the match up prepares to start. The referee finally calls for the bell and the match up is officially underway. The Undertaker comes out of the corner with his hands up, ready to strike The Rabid Wolverine. Taker closes in and Benoit backs in to the corner. The Deadman throws a big right hand but Benoit avoids the right hand and moves back towards the middle of the ring. The Phenom stays focused on Benoit and keeps his hands up, ready to strike at any time. He once again closes in on his much smaller opponent and Benoit backs into the corner once more. The Undertaker once again throws a big right hand and Benoit avoids it again!

This time The Crippler attempts to capitalize on Taker’s mistake and goes on the attack. He hit’s the Phenom with hard right hands in the corner, delivering his first offense of the match up. The Rabid Wolverine does not let up for one second, letting loose with hard forearms to the face of his legendary opponent. The referee begins his five count as Benoit continues to wail away on The Deadman. The ref gets up to a count of four but The Wolverine shows no sign of letting up. The referee pulls Benoit out of the corner, not wanting to call a DQ in a match up of this importance. Benoit snatches his arm away from the ref and attempts to go back on the attack. Taker catches him coming in and wraps his hands around the throat of The Rabid Wolverine!

The Deadman lifts him up and throws him into the corner with force. Its now Taker’s turn to a unleash and offensive barrage as he puts a beat down on Benoit. He lays into The Crippler with hard lefts and rights to both the body and the head! Taker then grabs Benoit by the hand and shoots him into the opposite corner. Undertaker comes charging in and Benoit catches him with a stiff back elbow, causing The Deadman to stumble backward! The Rabid Wolverine walks out of the corner as The Undertaker recovers. Taker charges at Benoit but The Crippler catches him with a quick arm drag! Benoit holds onto the arm of Taker and applies an arm bar. The Undertaker fights up to a knee and Benoit twists the arm of The Deadman. The crowd pops as Benoit brings The Phenom down to the mat and applies a Fuji ware arm bar, getting ready to apply The Crippler Crossface!!

Taker shows his incredible athleticism for a big man by rolling out of it! Both men get back up to their feet. Benoit charges at Taker and The Deadman sidesteps him before throwing him over the top rope! Benoit manages to hold on and Taker turns around before hitting him with a boot, knocking him off of the apron! Taker leaves the ring and goes after Benoit on the outside. He lifts The Rabid Wolverine up to his feet before drilling him with a straight right hand. The Deadman then lifts Benoit and places his body on the apron, with his head/neck area underneath the ropes. Taker then hits him with the point of his elbow, right on the throat! The Phenom then leaps onto the apron, receiving a good pop from the crowd. He then runs forward and leaps up, before delivering a leg drop across Benoit’s throat!! The audience groans as Benoit clutches at his surgically repaired neck! Taker re-enters the ring, drags Benoit towards the center and goes for the cover.

…1...

…………………

………….

…2...

… NO!

Benoit kicks out! Taker lifts him up and brings him to the corner. The Deadman shows his vicious streak, choking Benoit in the corner. The ref begins his five count but Taker lets go of the choke before five, avoiding the disqualification. He pulls Benoit out of the corner and towards the middle of the ropes, before attempting to shoot him off. Benoit counters the Irish whip and sends Taker into the ring ropes. He comes back and Benoit hits him with a stiff kick to the gut and then Benoit then hit’s a quick snap suplex! He stays on the attack, quickly flipping Taker onto his stomach and goes for the Crippler Crossface! The crowd pops as Taker fights it and both men go for position. Taker quickly scrambles for the ropes and gets a hold of them, forcing Benoit to break the hold. He lets go and both men once again get back up to their feet quickly. Taker comes at Benoit but The Wolverine is ready. He goes behind and hit’s a German Suplex with a bridge.

…1...

……………….

……….

…2...

NO!

Taker kicks out of a very impressive move by Benoit! Benoit lifts Taker up to his feet and shows his trademark aggressiveness. He hit’s the Deadman with hard forearm shots, backing him up towards the ropes. He then charges ahead and takes The Undertaker and himself over the top rope! Both superstars hit the mat hard and take a second or two to regain their wits about them. Benoit gets up and attempts a right. Taker blocks it and hit’s a straight punch of his own. He grabs Benoit by the hand and attempts to shoot him into the steps but Benoit counters and sends TAKER INTO THE STEEL STEPS, knees first!! Benoit grabs Taker and rolls his large opponent into the ring. He soon follows and quickly goes for the cover.

…1...

……………...

……….

…2...

……… NO!

The Undertaker manages to get a shoulder up, unable to kick put after the shot with the steel steps. Benoit lifts Taker up to his feet and delivers a scintillating knife edged chop to the chest of The Deadman! Taker fights back, hitting him with a right hand. Benoit pulls back and delivers another stinging knife edged chop to the chest, the sound echoing throughout the arena. Benoit doesn’t wait for Taker to retaliate, hitting The Phenom with chop after chop after chop! Just when it looks like Benoit has the match in hand, Taker shows his striking power, hitting Benoit with a nasty right hand, which stuns the Wolverine! Taker reaches back and hit’s a couple of more right hands, rocking Benoit. He grabs him by the hand and shoots Benoit into the corner. Taker charges in and hits Benoit with a hard clothesline! Benoit wobbles out of the corner and Taker lifts him up on his shoulder. He then brings him into the corner and drops his face on the top turnbuckle, hitting The Snake Eyes. With Benoit stunned, Taker shoots off of the ropes and looks to hit a big boot to the face! Benoit avoids the contact, obviously having Taker scouted. He goes behind and drills him with a hard German suplex!!

Benoit keeps his hands clasped together and hits Taker with another German suplex!! The Rabid Wolverine refuses to let go of his grip and attempts another German suplex! Taker fights it though and hits Benoit with a couple of hard back elbows, loosening his grip. Taker then delivers a really hard shot with his elbow, completely breaking Benoit’s hold and knocking him back! Taker turns around and lifts his hand into the air, looking for the Chokeslam! He grabs Benoit around the throat and lifts him up. BENOIT COUNTERS, looking for The Crossface once again! This time, Taker doesn’t go down to the ground, instead hitting Benoit with right hands like a wild man. Benoit’s grip of his arm weaken and Taker delivers a stiff kick to the gut. He lifts Benoit up and looks for the Tombstone!! He has him in position but Benoit somehow fights out of it and SWITCHES POSITIONS with The Undertaker and has him in position for the Tombstone!!! The two men once again switch position and Benoit climbs onto the shoulder of Taker, before sliding down his back. Benoit turns him around and catches him with a perfect NORTHERN LIGHTS SUPLEX with a bridge!!!

…1...

………………….

………..

…2...

……………..

… NO!

Taker kicks out to a mixed reaction from the crowd! Benoit gets a little frustrated but manages to stay in complete control of his emotions. He goes to the feet of Taker and goes for The Sharpshooter!!! He manages to turn Taker over and has the hold locked in to perfection!! Taker’s face shows tremendous pain as Benoit’s shows an extreme amount of intensity! Benoit screams for The Deadman to tap as the referee asks Taker if he wants to quit. Taker refuses and continues to fight the hold! Taker struggles and crawls for the ropes, his only hope for escape! Benoit struggles to keep him in the center of the ring but its of no uses as the bigger, stronger Undertaker pulls himself for the bottom rope! He finally uses his long length to reach out and grabs the rope!! Benoit releases the hold and drops to his knees, fatigued from the effort he put into keeping the move applied. Taker hobbles up to his feet as Benoit gets up to his vertical base. Benoit charges at Taker but The Deadman wraps his hand around his throat! He lifts Benoit up and plants him with THE CHOKESLAM!!! The crowd pops as Taker hits one of his signature maneuvers. The Phenom cant immediately capitalize after the damage done to him by the Sharpshooter but does eventually manage to get down to cover The Rabid Wolverine!

…1...

………………..

…………

…2...

……………….

……………

… NO!

Benoit kicks out of the Chokeslam!! Taker gets up shaking his head in disbelief, unwilling to believe that Benoit can be this tough to put away. He lifts The Rabid Wolverine up to his feet and tucks his head between his legs. Taker raises his hand in the air, calling for The Last Ride, the way he won the first match! He lifts Benoit up but The Wolverine fights out of it and lands on his feet. Taker takes a big swing and Benoit counters it into THE CROSSFACE!!! This time Benoit hooks it in to perfection and wrenches back on the face and neck of The Undertaker!! Taker grabs at the hands of Benoit hoping to create some separation but Benoit will have none of it, cinching in the deadly submission!! Taker tries to crawl for the ropes but he doesn’t manage to get far, as the pain is too much to bare!! The Phenom tries to lift Benoit up, using all of his strength to get The Rabid Wolverine up!! He gets him an inch or two off of the ground before they both slam back down to the canvas, as The Deadman doesn’t have enough strength to get him up! Though he may be slightly closer to the ropes than before, Taker may be in worse shape as that move drained him of a lot of his strength! Taker continues to crawl slowly towards the ropes and Benoit’s intensity seems to be waning as fatigue sets in! The Undertaker reaches out and gets a finger tip on the rope but it isn’t enough to break the hold. The Undertaker then lifts his hand up and…

………………….

…………………………

………………………….

……………………..

GRABS THE ROPE!!! The crowd gives a mixed reaction as Benoit releases the hold and collapses in the middle of the ring! Both Benoit and Taker are in terrible condition, Benoit extremely fatigued and Taker’s arm barely working! The referee begins his ten count as both superstars lay motionless in the ring.

…One…

…Two…

…Three…

…Four…

…Five…

…Six…

[Undertaker and Benoit both begin to move]

…Seven…

[Taker makes it almost up to a vertical base as Benoit is on a knee]

…Eight…

[Taker makes it completely up, stopping the count]

Taker throws a right but Benoit counters and hit’s a right hand of his own! Both men are almost out on their feet, worn down in their second grueling match of the night. The Undertaker attempts another right hand but once again, Benoit blocks it and retaliates with a right of his own! Benoit bounces off of the ropes and looks to hit a clothesline on The Deadman but Taker ducks and applies a DRAGON SLEEPER!!! Benoit immediately begins to fight, hitting him with hard punches to the face, though he’s in an inverted position. Benoit then spins back upright and HITS HIM WITH A DDT!! Both worn out superstars lay on the canvas for a second before Benoit rolls over and gets a hand on the chest of The Undertaker!

…1...

………………….

………..

…2...

………………….

………. NO!

Somehow, The Undertaker kicks out again, keeping this hard hitting battle going! Benoit struggles up to his feet and Taker gets up as well. Taker takes a swing and Benoit ducks and goes behind! Benoit lifts Taker up and hits him with a German suplex!! He keeps the hands clasped together and lifts The Deadman back up to his feet. He takes The Phenom up and over again and drills him with another German suplex!! He lifts Taker up once again and HIT’S THE TRIFECTA, drilling The Undertaker with one more German suplex!! The crowd gives a mixed reaction as Benoit struggles up to his feet one more time. The Rabid Wolverine gives the throat slash and walks towards the corner!! The Crippler climbs to the top turnbuckle and flies off of the top. He goes for the diving head butt but Taker rolls out of the way and Benoit crashes and burns!!! The referee begins his ten count once again as both superstars are out in the ring. 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 … 5 … 6 … 7 … 8... THE UNDERTAKER SITS UP!! Benoit struggles up to his feet. Taker grabs him by the throat and goes for the Chokeslam!!! He lifts him up but Benoit attempts to counter it into The Crossface!! Taker fights out of it and both Benoit and Taker spin the opposite way. The Undertaker is the first one to react and lifts The Rabid Wolverine up in a tombstone position. Benoit kicks his feet wildly but its of no use as Taker drops to his knee and drills him with THE TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER!!! Taker folds his arms and gets him in The Darkness Pin!!!

…1...

……………..

…………

…2...

……………..

………….

…. THREE!!!!

(12:01)

Lilian Garcia:
And the winner of the match and the NEW #1 Contender for the WWE Championship, THE UNDERTAKERRR!!!

Jim Ross:
The Undertaker is the #1 Contender! My God! The Deadman is coming for the WWE Title!

Jerry Lawler:
The Tombstone beats Benoit. What a match that was!

Jim Ross:
Chris Benoit put up one hell of a match! The Rabid Wolverine gave one hell of an effort. But The Undertaker is the #1 Contender and now he’s coming for either Shawn Michaels or more than likely Edge.

Jerry Lawler:
Speaking of the WWE Championship…J.R….

Jim Ross:
Coming up next, “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels defends the WWE Championship against “The Rated R Superstar” Edge. And Shawn’s arch nemesis, Mr. McMahon, is the special referee.

:::WWE Championship Video Package:::
~D-Generation X makes Vince McMahon’s life a living hell with their sophomoric pranks and antics.~

~McMahon fights back, trying to separate DX by making a Triple Threat Match, involving the WWE Champion Edge, Triple H and Shawn Michaels at SummerSlam.~

~At SummerSlam, Michaels pins Triple H and wins the WWE Championship. After the match, DX shows their unity, pissing McMahon off further.~

~McMahon throws out his final card with his war against DX, and ‘ships’ Triple H to SmackDown in a draft, leaving Michaels alone on RAW.~

~Michaels struggles on RAW, getting destroyed constantly by a wide variety of possible contenders incl. The Big Show, JBL, The Undertaker and the #1 Contender Edge!~

~On the final RAW before Unforgiven, Michaels goes on a spree, dropping The Undertaker, The Big Show, JBL and Edge with Sweet Chin Music.~

Lilian Garcia:
The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

“No Chance” hits to tremendous heat. The WWE Chairman, Mr. McMahon, makes his way down to the ring, dressed in a cut off referee shirt. He smirks at the audience before entering the ring.

Lilian Garcia:
Ladies and gentlemen, the special referee for this contest, the Chairman of the Board, MR. MCMAAAAHON!!!

Jerry Lawler:
We’ve seen a lot of things happen tonight. We have a new Intercontinental Champion and tomorrow night on RAW, we’ll have new World Tag Team Champions. But J.R., I don’t think we’re done seeing title changes tonight. Haha!

Jim Ross:
I’ll say this. Shawn Michaels has overcome the odds more than once in his life and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him do it again here tonight!

“Metalingus” hits to enormous heat. “The Rated R Superstar” Edge, with Lita by his side, makes his way down to the ring. Edge walks with a purpose, excited but yet focused on this huge match up.

Jim Ross:
There he is, the challenger for the most prestigious title in all of the business, the WWE Championship. Can The Rated R Superstar bring the title back to his very dysfunctional camp?

Jerry Lawler:
I hope The Rated R Army doesn’t come out here. That could screw up his chances, with all the problems they have.

“Sexy Boy” hits to an awe-inspiring ovation, one of the best of the night. “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels makes his way to the ring, confident but not as confident as usual. He enters the ring and does his trademark pose, setting off his pyro. Michaels then refocuses and stares at McMahon and then Edge, knowing what faces him in this next match.

Jim Ross:
One of the greatest WWE Champion of all time, has had every possible obstacle in his way but he may have never faced anything like this. Can Shawn Michaels defeat a extremely, extremely talented challenger in Edge AND can he do it with the very…uh…partisan Mr. McMahon as the referee?? Lets take it up to Lilian for the ring announcements.

Bell rings.

Lilian Garcia:
The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the WWE Championship! Introducing first, the challenger, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, he is a former ELEVEN TIME Tag Team Champion, a former five time Intercontinental Champion, a King of The Ring winner and a former 2 time WWE Champion. Representing The Rated R Armyyyy, weighing in tonight at 240 pounds, “The Rated R Superstar” EEDDGGEE!!!!!

The crowd boos as both McMahon and Lita cheer for the challenger.

Lilian Garcia:
And his opponent, from San Antonio, Texas, the FIRST EVER GRAND SLAM Champion, a two time Royal Rumble winner, an Intercontinental, European. Tag Team and a Five Time World Champion. The Showstopper, The Headliner, The Main Event, The Icon, the current reigning and defending WWE Champion, “The Heartbreak Kid” SHAWN MICHAELSSSS!!!

The crowd erupts in applause and Michaels slightly acknowledges the cheers.

Jim Ross:
So here we go. WWE Championship on the line. HBK defending the title against Edge. Mr. McMahon as the referee. Here we go.

Jerry Lawler:
Michaels is in trouble. I don’t care how you cut it J.R.. Your boy is in trouble.

Match #7
“Rated R Superstar” Edge (w/Lita) vs. “Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels©
WWE Championship
Main Event

McMahon checks the WWE Champion for weapons, using his hands to search Shawn Michaels’ wrist bands, waist band and the bottom of his boots. McMahon smiles at Michaels, letting him know that he is in for the fight of his life. HBK keeps on a dead serious look on his face but eventually Michaels lets out a smirk, showing his trademark confidence. McMahon goes over to the challenger, Edge, and checks him as well. Vince runs through Edge much quicker, going through the motions. He then calls for the bell and the WWE Title match is officially underway.

Edge immediately rushes HBK, trying to hit Michaels sleeping with a right hand. The WWE Champion blocks the punch and hits Edge with a couple of right hands of his own, knocking him down with the second one. The Rated R Superstar gets back up to his feet and Michaels hits him with another right hand. HBK then grabs him by the hand and shoots him into the ring ropes. Edge comes back and The Heartbreak Kid takes him up and over with a back body drop. Edge gets up to his feet once again and Michaels charges ahead with a clothesline, taking The Rated R Superstar over the top rope and to the floor below.

Michaels decides to not follow Edge to the outside, instead he waits for the challenger to his WWE Title to come back into the ring. The Rated R Superstar gets up to his feet on the outside and Lita checks on him. McMahon begins a half assed ten count as Edge takes his sweet time recovering on the outside. Edge starts slapping himself in the head in an attempt to refocus on the task at hand. McMahon seems to be counting rather slowly as he has only made it up to a count of 2. Edge takes the scenic route back into the ring by climbing up the ring steps before re-entering the ring.

Michaels backs up into the corner and hops onto the top turnbuckle, lying across the ropes. The arrogant but popular champion lets out a fake yawn and the fans begin to applaud the confidence of the future Hall of Famer. McMahon and Edge both get upset with HBK’s self assurance but try to hide their anger, not wanting to give Michaels the psychological advantage. HBK leaps down off of the top turnbuckle and the two competitors begin circling each other around the ring. This time instead of brawling, Michaels and Edge lock up in a collar and elbow tie up.

HBK gains the advantage by snatching on a side headlock. Edge backs himself and Michaels into the ropes and shoots HBK off. Michaels comes back and The Rated R Superstar knocks him down with a shoulder block. Edge smugly smiles as McMahon pumps his fist, happy to see some offense from Edge. Edge then shoots off of the ropes and HBK rolls from his back to his stomach. Edge leaps over Michaels and bounces off of the opposite ropes. The Heartbreak Kid gets up to his feet as the challenger comes back. Michaels leapfrogs over Edge and The Rated R Superstar bounces off of the ropes one more time. Edge comes back and Michaels attempts a right hand. The Rated R Superstar stops his momentum on the spot, avoiding the punch from Michaels. He smiles at Michaels before doing the DX crotch chop, which receives momentous heat from the crowd.

The crowd then begins an “ASSHOLE” chant as McMahon smirks, liking the audacity of Edge. Michaels smiles and looks at the crowd before rearing back and slapping Edge right across the face, receiving a huge pop!! HBK does not let up after the slap, hitting Edge with hard right hands. Edge fires back hitting the WWE Champion with hard right hands. After stunning HBK with a couple of punches, Edge attempts to capitalize by shooting off of the ropes and charging at Michaels. HBK sidesteps him, grabs him by the back of the head and throws him up over the top rope, to the floor below!

The Rated R Superstar attempts to make it back up to his feet as Michaels moves towards the ropes. Edge makes it back up to a vertical base and HBK launches himself over the top rope, taking Edge out with a flying cross body block! After hitting the move, Michaels stays on the offensive, laying into his opponent with hard right hands. Edge finally manages to shove Michaels off and attempts to crawl away from The Heartbreak Kid. The WWE Champion then grabs Edge, one hand on his hair, the other on his tights and rolls The Rated R Superstar back into the ring. HBK then climbs onto the ring apron, before walking along it and climbing to the top turnbuckle. Michaels gets set on the top and waits for Edge to make it back up to his feet. The Rated R Superstar slowly gets up and Michaels leaps off of the top, hoping to hit another flying cross body! HBK hit’s the high risk maneuver but Edge uses Michaels’ own momentum to roll through and hook the leg! McMahon gets down, out of position and makes the count.

Thr… NO!

Michaels quickly kicks out and gets back up to his feet. He walks towards McMahon with purpose, furious at Vince’s blistering fast count. Michaels continues to back down Vince who now has his hands up, trying to beg off an attack. Edge grabs HBK, turns him around and takes him down with a clothesline! Vince starts to smile, proud that he caused HBK to get distracted from his opponent. Edge lifts The Heartbreak Kid up to his feet, grabs him by the hand and shoots him into the ring ropes. HBK comes back and Edge jumps up before drilling him with a dropkick right to the face! Instead of going for the cover, The Rated R Superstar mounts the WWE Champion and begins to rain down right hands straight to his face! McMahon does not even bother with a 5 count as Edge just lays into Michaels with shot after shot after shot!

He then gets off of HBK and lifts The Heartbreak Kid back up to his feet. He grabs Michaels by the back of the head and slams his head into the turnbuckle pad. HBK goes down to a knee in pain but Edge lifts him right back up to his feet and puts the champion’s back against the corner. He pulls back and delivers a stinging knife edged chop to the chest of The Showstopper! Edge then grabs Michaels by the hand and shoots him into the opposite corner. The Rated R Superstar charges in, trying to take advantage of the weakened state of the WWE Champion. Edge comes in but Michaels gets his feet up, sending them into the face of the an oncoming Edge! HBK comes out of the corner and attempts to hit him with a clothesline. Edge ducks the lariat, grabs Michaels by the back of the head and drops the Heartbreak Kid with the EDGE O MATIC! He grabs the legs of the champion and has the cover. McMahon gets down for the count.

..Thre.. NO!..

HBK barely kicks out of another McMahon quick count. Edge looks at Vince, conveying that he wants the count to be even faster! He then refocuses on the champion, lifting him up to his feet, grabbing him by the hand and shooting him into the corner. Edge charges in looking to hit a Spear / shoulder tackle in the corner but Michaels moves out of the way and Edge’s right shoulder smacks into the steel turn post!!! Edge’s momentum sends him tumbling out of the ring in a heap. The Rated R Superstar continues to clutch his arm in extreme pain as Michaels slowly recovers. Edge gets back up to his feet, still holding his shoulder, as HBK waits on him. When Edge is completely to a vertical base, Michaels shoots off of the ropes and hits him with a baseball slide, knocking Edge down again!! Michaels soon follows to the outside, leaving McMahon to worry on the inside. HBK lifts Edge up to his feet and drills Edge with a right hand. And another one. And then a third, rocking the challenger.

He grabs Edge by the hand and attempts an Irish whip but Edge counters it and sends Michaels shoulder first into the steel steps! Michaels clutches his shoulder in opain as Edge, McMahon and Lita all smile, knowing some serious damage has been done. Edge walks over to Michaels and lifts him back up to his feet. He then takes Michaels, runs forward and rams his back against the edge of the ring! Edge then pulls Michaels back before running forward and doing it again! HBK collapses to the floor and Edge re-enters the ring. On the outside of the ring, Michaels holds his back in pain as on the inside of the ring, Edge taunts the crowd, doing HBK’s signature pose. The Staples Center showers Edge in enormous heat, drawing a smirk from the face of The Rated R Superstar.

Michaels struggles up to his feet and makes it onto the ring apron, showing his incredible determination. Edge shoots off the ropes and hits Michaels with a hard Spear, knocking him off of the ring apron. The crowd boos and McMahon smiles, both for the same reason, Edge has begun to dominate this match up for the WWE Championship. The Rated R Superstar exit’s the ring and goes to the outside. He lifts Michaels back up to his feet and tosses The Heartbreak Kid back into the ring. Edge slides back into the ring and calls for HBK to get back up to his feet. He then really shows his arrogance, slapping the WWE Champion on the back of his head several times. Edge lifts Michaels up to his feet, grabbing him by the hair. He then applies a front chancery before throwing Michaels arm over his shoulder. Edge then lifts him up and drops him with a vertical suplex. He then goes for the cover, utilizing a lateral press.

…1...

…2...

NO!

Michaels kicks out but Edge is not discouraged and continues on the attack. He lifts HBK up to his feet, scoops him up and plants him with a body slam. Edge tries to lifts Michaels up to his feet one more time but HBK fights back! Michaels hits Edge with a shot to the gut and then goes upstairs, hitting The Rated R Superstar with a right hand to the face. He continues with his surge and hits Edge with a couple of more shots to the face. The Rated R Superstar cuts off his momentum, raking the eyes of the WWE Champion. He grabs the hand of Michaels and shoots him into the ring ropes. HBK comes back and Edge attempts a back body drop but Michaels counters it into a DDT!!! The crowd erupts as Michaels and Edge both lay out in the ring. McMahon doesn’t even bother with a count, since Michaels can not lose the title by count out.

After several seconds, both competitors, Edge and Shawn Michaels, begin to make it back up to their feet. The Heartbreak Kid strikes first, hitting Edge with a right hand which stuns the challenger. Edge attempts to counteract Michaels offense by hitting a punch of his own but Michaels blocks it and hits him with another right hand. HBK has Edge reeling, as the WWE Champion continues to wail away on the face of The Rated R Superstar. McMahon watches in horror as Michaels takes control of the match up. HBK grabs Edge by the hand and shoots him into the ring ropes. Edge comes back off of the ropes and drills Michaels in the face with a big boot! Edge stretches his legs and flexes for the crowd, once again mocking Shawn Michaels signature pose. Los Angeles continues to shower Edge in heat as McMahon and Lita applaud the actions of the arrogant challenger, The Rated R Superstar. HBK kips up off of the ground, back up to his feet and the sold out crowd goes wild!

McMahon tells Edge to turn around and he soon does, only to be met with a right hand from Michaels! HBK continues to fire away with right hands on Edge, knocking The Rated R Superstar back. He hits Edge with a couple of more rights before grabbing him by the hand and attempting an Irish whip. Edge counters the Irish whip and sends Michaels into the ring ropes. HBK comes back and takes him out with a flying forearm!! Both Edge and Michaels lay out until HBK kips up once again to another thunderous ovation! Edge slowly gets back up to his feet, reeling from Michaels burst of offense. Michaels lifts Edge up and hits him with an inverted atomic drop. He then bounces off of the ropes and takes Edge down with a hard clothesline. Edge gets back up to his feet and Michaels grabs him by the hand and shoots The Rated R Superstar off of the ropes. Edge comes back and Michaels takes him up and over with a back body drop!

HBK starts to feel it as he plays to the Staples Center. Edge struggles up to his feet and the Heartbreak Kid gives him a DX crotch chop, which causes a momentous ovation from the crowd. He grabs Edge by the hand and attempts to shoot him into the corner. Edge counters the Irish whip and shoots Michaels into the corner! Edge charges into the corner but Michaels gets his feet up into the face of The Rated R Superstar, knocking him back. HBK turns around and climbs to the top turnbuckle! Edge shakes the shot off and refocuses on Moichaels. HBK leaps off of the top turnbuckle AND TAKES EDGE DOWN WITH A MOONSAULT!!! Michaels lands on top of Edge and hooks his leg, covering the challenger!! McMahon gets down and counts the cover.

…1...

………………

………….

……………

…………..

…2...

……………….

……..

…….

NO!

Edge kicks out of the ridiculously slow count by McMahon. HBK looks at McMahon, knowing the count was slow and McMahon responds by putting on an innocent face before letting out an evil smirk. Michaels lifts Edge up to his feet, preparing to go back on the attack but Edge rakes Michaels eyes, cutting off his momentum. Edge then bounces off of the ropes and takes HBK down with a clothesline. Still a little weary from the moonsault, Edge slaps himself in the face, trying to get refocuses. He then goes over to a corner and waits for The Heartbreak Kid to get back up to his feet. Edge waits on Michaels to get up to his feet so he can hit The Spear. HBK gets up to his feet and Edge charges ahead! Michaels jumps up and leap frogs over the top of Edge. Michaels and Edge turn back around to face each other and Edge strikes first. The Rated R Superstar kicks HBK in the gut before delivering the EDGECUTION!!! Edge quickly goes for the cover, hooking the far leg of Michaels.

…1...

….2.…

….THRE… NO!

Michaels barely gets a shoulder up before McMahon slaps the mat a third time. Both Vince and Edge get frustrated as they thought the match and the WWE Title were both firmly in hand. The Rated R Superstar stays on the attack, grabbing the feet of Michaels. He then smirks before he applies the EDGECATOR on Michaels!! HBK screams out in pain as Edge has the modified Sharpshooter locked in!! McMahon gets into Michaels face and begins to mock him, yelling at him to give up. Michaels refuses to submit as Edge cinches in the devastating submission hold to perfection! The WWE Champion slowly inches towards the ropes as Edge shows his extreme intensity, sadistically smiling as he attempts to make HBK submit!! Michaels finally manages to crawl towards the ropes and reaches out, grabbing the bottom one!!

The crowd pops as Edge keeps the hold locked in, knowing that the referee, McMahon, won’t DQ him!! McMahon smiles away as HBK screams out in pain from the devastating submission! Edge finally releases the hold and gets up to his feet, staring a hole through the Heartbreak Kid. The Rated R Superstar decides to take it to the next level by walking towards the corner and climbing the turnbuckle. Edge climbs to the top turnbuckle as Michaels slowly makes it up to his feet. HBK makes it all the way up and Edge leaps off, hitting him with a MISSILE DROPKICK!! Edge feels it after hitting the picture perfect dropkick and begins to taunt the crowd. They respond by showering him in heat and Edge walks over to the corner. The Rated R Superstar waits in the corner as Michaels slowly struggles back up to his feet. HBK makes it back up to a vertical base and Edge charges ahead before HITTING THE WWE CHAMPION WITH THE SPEAR!!! Edge takes a couple of seconds to savor the moment as he believes that he has the title won after hitting his finishing move! He finally covers Michaels and McMahon gets down, arrogantly counting the cover.

…1...

……………….

…2...

………………

… THREENO!

MICHAELS KICKS OUT! The crowd erupts in a thunderous roar as Edge and McMahon stare at the WWE Champion in shock. Edge begins to lose control, pissed that Michaels kicked out of his finishing maneuver. He lifts the Heartbreak Kid back up to his feet and backs him into the corner. Edge then wails away on Michaels in the corner, hitting the WWE Champion with hard right hands in the corner. Edge goes for another right but Michaels blocks it and comes out of the corner fighting, He hits Edge with a couple of hard shots of his own, backing The Rated R Superstar back up towards the middle of the ring. Edge kicks HBK in the gut, cutting off his momentum and then goes for a big clothesline! Michaels ducks and gets him in a schoolboy!

…1...

………….

………..

…………

…2...

…………

Edge kicks out of another slow count by McMahon. Both Edge and Shawn Michaels both get back up to their feet after the schoolboy. Michaels throws a clothesline and this time its Edge who ducks and goes behind. The Rated R Superstar lifts the Heartbreak Kid up and hits him with a back suplex! Edge lifts Michaels back up to his feet and stays on the attack. He picks HBK up and sets him on the top turnbuckle. Edge also climbs the turnbuckle and gets Michaels set for a superplex! The Heartbreak Kid fights back, hitting Edge with a couple of hard shots to the gut. He then lifts Edge up and throws him to the canvas, causing The Rated R Superstar to land hard on his stomach! HBK then leaps off of the top turnbuckle and hit’s the FLYING ELBOW DROP to chest of Edge! Michaels gets back up to his feet and plays to the crowd, who give him a thunderous response. McMahon looks on in fear as Michaels walks toward the corner and stomps his foot. Edge slowly gets up to his feet as HBK ‘tunes up the band’. Edge turns around and MICHAELS HIT’S THE SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!! Edge drops to the mat after the nasty super kick! HBK with the cover.

…1...

………………

…………..

…………..

…2...

……………

…………….

McMahon stops the count!!! The crowd erupts in a chorus of boos as HBK looks at McMahon. Vince shakes his head, refusing to count. Michaels smirks and gets off of Edge, back up to his feet. He backs McMahon into the corner and Vinnie Mac puts his hands up, wanting no part of a fight with the WWE Champion. Edge comes from up behind HBK and hit’s a low blow! Michaels drops to the canvas holding his crotch as Edge gets back up to his feet. The Chairman of the Board and The Rated R Superstar stare down at Michaels before stomping away! The crowd begins to boo wildly as the challenger and the referee stomp on the WWE Champion! Edge then leaves the ring as McMahon continues to stomp away on Michaels. Edge grabs two chairs from ringside and brings them into the ring. McMahon and Edge share a sick smile as Edge hands him a chair. Both guys hold up their chairs as they wait on Michaels to get back up to his feet. HBK slowly gets up as McMahon and Edge salivate over the upcoming attack!

On the outside of the ring, a man jumps the fan barricade and enters the ring. The crowd explodes as SmackDown!’s TRIPLE H stares down Edge and McMahon. McMahon looks like he has just seen a ghost as he stares at The King of Kings. Hunter kicks McMahon in the gut and then hit’s the PEDIGREE, knocking the chairman out!!! Edge swings the steel chair at Triple H but The Game ducks it and kicks Edge in the stomach, making him drop the chair. Hunter then tucks his head and prepares for a Pedigree but Edge counters with a back body drop! Edge smiles but it quickly disappears after he sees Michaels standing in front of him. HBK DELIVERS SWEET CHIN MUSIC, knocking Edge out! Michaels gets down and covers The Rated R Superstar! Triple H grabs the hand of McMahon and uses it to make the count!

…1...

…2...

… THREE!!!

(18:01)

Lilian Garcia:
Here is your winner and STILL WWE CHAMPIOOOONNN, “THE HEARTBREAK KIIIID” SHAAAWN MICHAELLSSS!!!

The crowd erupts as Shawn Michaels retains the WWE Championship. “Break It Down” hits on the P.A. System as Shawn Michaels and Triple H stand tall in the middle of the ring. The timekeeper hands Michaels the WWE Title as the fans continue to cheer. D-Generation X stands in the middle of the ring and do several DX crotch chops as pyro explodes.

Jim Ross:
Shawn Michaels retains the WWE Championship and DX leaves several bodies laid out in the middle of the ring.

Jerry Lawler:
DX is dead J.R.! Triple H is on SmackDown! This isn’t right!

Jim Ross:
Well for this night, I can speak for the 20,000 people in this arena when I say that I’m glad Triple H was here tonight! But what….

*GONG*

The lights shut off immediately.

*GONG*

*GONG*

The lights come back on with the #1 contender, THE UNDERTAKER, at the top of the ramp!!!! Taker points towards Michaels before giving a throat slash!! The crowd gives a mixed reaction, split down the middle in cheers and boos, as Taker signals that he wants the WWE Championship around the waist of The Heartbreak Kid!!

Jim Ross:
Shawn Michaels avoided Edge and Mr. McMahon tonight but can The Heartbreak Kid overcome The Phenom? The Undertaker wants the WWE Title and HBK has it. There‘s gonna be an explosion! The Phenom and The Icon! Good night everybody!

Unforgiven goes off the air with The Undertaker staring at Shawn Michaels as the WWE Champion and Triple H stare at Taker, knowing HBK may be in trouble.

END OF SHOW