Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2007 & Beyond - Doin' It To Death

View Single Post

Old 11-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #435 (permalink)
ORRY
Oak

ORRY better hope they're relatively new hereORRY better hope they're relatively new hereORRY better hope they're relatively new hereORRY better hope they're relatively new hereORRY better hope they're relatively new hereORRY better hope they're relatively new hereORRY better hope they're relatively new hereORRY better hope they're relatively new hereORRY better hope they're relatively new hereORRY better hope they're relatively new hereORRY better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: WWE 2006 & Beyond by ddmrko

Summerslam Review- ORRY420

Opening Video:
Decent opening video, the pictures were used effectively, but in regards of text it was pretty basic. 7/10

RVD, Carlito and Joey Mercury vs. Rated R Army: This was the right to choice to open the show, with 6 very good wrestlers hopefully getting the crowd involved. I think they did this to an extent, but it did not serve its purpose as well as it probally should have been. The match itself was a little on the short side, and the finish was rather confusing, in fact I had to re-read it a few times over to get the jist of what was happening. 6.5/10

Matt Hardy/Rey Mysterio Segment: Solid segment here, it's obvious both men detest the Big Show, which is the main reason why I cannot see Hardy costing Rey the match tonight- it just wouldn't make any sense. I can however see a Hardy heel turn in the near future. 7/10

Chris Benoit vs. Mark Henry: I wuite enjoyed this match, both men's characters were expressed well, in particular Benoit's 'Rabid Wolverine' mindset. After being dominated early, Henry makes a comeback only for Benoit to finish him off in style. The aftermath was pretty cool, and by the looks of things Henry may be out for a while. Decent length, could have been longer. 7.5/10

Triple H/Vince McMahon Segment: Not a bad little segment here to further build the main event, and the possible break up of DX. Some funny lines from HHH, but his intensity was also displayed. 8/10

Ric Flair vs. Cactus Jack: Unfortunately, I didn't like this match much at all. It was far too spotty, far too short, but most importantly far to unrealistic. Nearly every paragraph there was a big spot, and there is no way in hell Foley and Flair could keep up that pace. Flair's lack of signature moves was alos a problem, particulalry the Figure 4 Leglock, and the finish was just....well it was just bad. 5.5/10

Paul Heyman Promo: Good promo from Heyman, he came of looking like a sick jackass, which is perfect Heyman IMO. The match tonight should be good, but I only see it as a filler of sorts to further build the Show/Hardy feud. 7.5/10

Big Show vs. Rey Mysterio: This was decent, far superior to the complete spotfest prior. The dynamics between the big man/little man was expressed well, and the David/Goliath story was definately evident here. In the end, despite interferance from Hardy, Show picks up the win. Hardy's look of frustration was expected, and it looks as of a feud with Rey is building. 7.5/10

John Cena/JBL/Mr Kennedy Segment: This was hit and miss amn. Whilst Cena's intensity and fire was written well, the interruption of the Tag Team Champions not only took away from the promo, but also created confusion. It seems as if Cena/Orton is not as improtant now, which isn't a good thing at all. 7/10

John Cena vs. Randy Orton: This match wasn't atrocious, nor was it off the charst, it was merely very solid. The barwl between the two rivals for the opening couple of minutes of the match suied the atmosphere well, but the interferance of JBL and Kennedy detracted from the overall quality. In the end RKO picks up another huge win over Cena, and a main event push can't be too far away. 7.5/10

VinceMcMahon Segment: Much like the segment with Triple H earlier, this was also enjoyable, with McMahon trying desperately to break DX apart. I'm not sure if it will happen tonight or not, it will be interesting to find out. 8/10

Trish vs. Mickie James vs. Melina: Meh, not a big fan opf womens wretling, it really does nothing for me. The match itself was decent, bvut the finiosh was confusing, Nitro's DQ didn't make much sense. By the way, there has been too much interferance tonight, hopefully this trend stops now. 6.5/10

GM's Office Segment: I thought DX were being overused tonight, but JBL and Kennedy have out done them. Too much airtime for the Tag Cghamps, and their match hasn't even taken place yet! The Triple Threat Match should be great, howver it ould have been better if you had merely booked the match a few weeks in advance. 7/10

JBL/Kennedy vs. Hooligans vs. Pitbulls: Wow nother stipulation match, maybe a little over the top, but it's your thread I guess. The amcth itself was another total spotfest, and did not flow well, but I quite enjoyed the match, despite it's lack of realism. Cool to see new Tag Champs, let's see where you take them. 7.5/10

DX Segment: It's now desperately obvious that DX will not be breaking up...tonight at least. Also, the WWE Champion should have recieved more exposure, because DX have been used too much on the show, which guarentess a Title change.6.5/10

Lashley and Batista vs. Kings Court: Not happy with your decision to have the 6 participant not show up, it makes him look careless, as if he doesn't really want to be there. Lashley was booked way too powerful in this match, and Booker looked extremnely weak. The aftermath was ok, and it was great to see The Rock, but like many parts of tonights show it was a little confusing. 6/10

Rated R Army Segment: Finally Edge recieves some exposure, but it's a little too late IMO- the Championship is going to chang hadns tonight, but to which memebr of DX? 7.5/10

EDge vs. HHH vs. HBK: This was MOTN, it was the first match that really served it's purpose tonight, and it was the most realistic by far. Interferance marred this match, and like I said there has been too much tonight. In the end, HBK picks up a huge win after nailing Sweet Chin Music on the Game! I can see a HHH heel turn, although I ould prefer a HBK. Great ending, and I'm happy to see that HBK is the Champ! 8.5/10

Vince McMahon/Jonathon Coachman Segment: Filler segment, hinitng at someone going to Smackdown. Probally wasn't needed, maybe a video would have been better. 6.5/10

Kurt Angle vs. Batista: There has been no build to this at all tonight, and to be honest I sort of forgot that it was on the card. The match, expecially the finish turned out to be a bit of a letdown, but Batista's heel turn was good, and this feud is not over. 7/10

Overall: Decent PPV, obviously could have been better, but considering it was only your second ever PPV, it was a good effort. Your promos and match length need work, but after remenising on the show, I have come to the conclusion that it was very enjoyable. 142/200= 71%
# Third in WF's Favourite Booker Award 2006
# 5th in the First Annual BTB Promo Tourmament
# Best New Booker x1
# Best New BTB x1
# Most Improved Match Writer x1
# Best Used Wrestler x1
# Biggest Shock of the Month x2