Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2007 & Beyond - Doin' It To Death
View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Jushin Liger
Second Best In ROH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WWE 2006 & Beyond by ddmrko

Good opening to Raw with the announcements from Vince McMahon, it was short and too the point. Should be an interesting main event with Shane taking on HHH in a Steel Cage Match.

1) (C) Mickie James vs. Maria vs. Candice Michelle for the Women’s Championship

A pretty good Woman’s match which was carried by the Woman’s Champion. Simple finish with the Mickie DDT but worked well. Aftermath was pretty short which just pushes the whole Mickie James is crazy character.

Good segment with Shane confronting Vince over the match tonight which could be expected. Cena storming in and making demands for a match with Orton backfires and finds himself in a handicap match. Pretty good segment everyone seemed in character and it flowed well.

2) Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro (w/ Melina) & Shelton Benjamin vs. Joey Mercury & Carlito (w/ Trish Stratus)

Pretty good match which sort of went sour towards the end, the finish was a little disappointing but it kept all 4 men looking strong. I like Mercury on Raw to confront his ex partner and Carlito was used well in this contest as the major face. This feud is going well and should be interesting to see where it ends up.

3) John Cena vs. Randy Orton, Umaga, and Armando Alejandro Estrada in a 3 on 1 Handicap match

Nice little mic work from Estrada before the match you captured him well. I had a feeling Cena would win this match when it was announced but I hoped I was wrong. Cena acting like Superman every week is the reason so many people hate the guy. Don’t make the same mistake with him in this thread. Yeah it makes him look strong but also it’s the reason people boo him. I liked how you wrote Orton in this match, making him look to be even more arrogant by waving his partners away.

Interesting Promo between Kane and Paul Bearer, I like Bearer so it’s good to see him in your show. He seemed a little out of character when talking which disrupted the flow. Should be interesting to see what he has planned, probably Taker or the fake Kane with the “in two weeks you look into your future and your past” line.

A little confrontation between Carlito and Mercury over the Intercontinental Title, could be the start of something?

4) WWE Champion Edge (w/Lita) & Chris Masters vs. Ric Flair & Rob Van Dam

A very good match where you used all 4 wrestlers well. I liked the reversal of the Powerbomb into the DDT by RVD. A great finish as well with RVD hitting the Frog Splash only to be hit with Spear. Edge gets some heat by mocking RVD but is rolled up by Flair. Although you made a mistake you wrote that Flair rolled up RVD instead of Edge. Other than that this match was excellent.

5) Triple H vs. Shane McMahon in a Steel Cage Match (Match can be won by pinfall, submission, or by escaping the cage)

An average main event with HHH dominating for the entire contest before the Spirit Squad interfere. Shane picks up the win whilst HHH and HBK take control over the Cheerleaders. The main reason for this match is the aftermath with Shane turning his back on Vince and shoving him into the cage. It was only a matter of time but it was done well, with DX picking up the scraps. Should be interesting to see what happens to Shane after this.

Overall a pretty good Raw! A nice turn of events between Vince and Shane and the Edge and Masters tag match was the MOTN by far.

7/10

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome