Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Being The Booker
View Single Post
post #1168 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Wolf Beast
Why am I still here?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Being the booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy16x
A. Benoit loses against Kurt, and has been downhill ever since. And now, he loses a gaunlet match he should have won, and now Benoit vs Snitsky...? He is your favorite...? Maybe an undercard precursor to Benoit winning the Rumble...? Coming off a feud with Snitsky definetely wouldn't have Benoit as a favorite, so maybe your doing it for the value of surprise. You obviously need not answer that, so as not to spoil anything. I am just being bitchy.

B. Why the hell are you shafting Smackdown so? I know Raw has all the younsters, and maybe the better overall storylines etc. But, Smackdown is a show full of established talent, and fresh talent, that it could be such a great show! I mean, if you are gonna have the old codgers on the roster, use them!! And use the show!! I mean Raw gets full shows, and a full PPV. Smackdown gets recaps, and a summarized PPV...? WHY!!! You should have either summarized them both, or wrote them both in full, IMO. SD just has so much potential to be hugely entertaining, but it seems you rate it second. Why?
I'll be honest because I'm not afraid to admit that lately the things on Smackdown have kinda sucked, and I'll give answers as best as I can, without giving away too much. The answers I give might not be great ones either, but it is the truth.

A. The feud with Snitsky is just to fill in some time, and get another match for the card at Fully Loaded. (I know you wont know this next bit, as I'm also sure most havent realized) But, I felt Benoit, after having 0 singles wins on PPV all year needed one to round the year off, as its not part of my intention for him to win the Gauntlet. And again, I wanted another match on the card with a 'name' even if it is against Snitsky.

B. (Again, this information is something you wouldnt know, and I wouldnt expect you to either) Between Wrestle Mania and The build up to Summer Slam, I wrote Raw in recapped form, and Smackdown in full. Now, for this short period of time, I've switched it around, as the plans I have for Raw right now imo are the main priorities, compared to April-July (thread time), when it was the opposite. Smackdown, since Survivor Series has really being going through the motions, to fill in time up to Royal Rumble, with very few feuds progressing. (Basically Hart vs Angle, and Austin vs Goldberg being the only two long term, that have had anything of substance)
The main reasons for me not writing both shows in full are that I dont like getting too far behind 'real time' and preferably I would rather be ahead, plus the fact that I just dont have enough time to write the two shows.

Following Fully Loaded however, expect to see a resurgence on the Smackdown brand, with the build up to the Royal Rumble, and for that course of time I'll likely be doing Raw in full one week, Smackdown in recap form, then Raw in recap form the next week and Smackdown in full.

Believe it or not, I was honest to God going to post in a 'News and Rumours' post soon that the Smackdown ratings had been slowly dwindling in recent weeks.

Thank you though for asking the questions NB16x, I know the answers might not be great explanations, but you were honest enough to give me your questions, so its only fair I dont bull shit the answers.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome