Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WCW 2001- The Trio Ownership

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #657 (permalink)
Alcoholic
Superduper

Alcoholic needs to be red reppedAlcoholic needs to be red reppedAlcoholic needs to be red reppedAlcoholic needs to be red reppedAlcoholic needs to be red reppedAlcoholic needs to be red reppedAlcoholic needs to be red reppedAlcoholic needs to be red reppedAlcoholic needs to be red reppedAlcoholic needs to be red reppedAlcoholic needs to be red repped
Default Re: WCW 2001- The Trio Ownership

I'm not going to give ya a full review, I'm afraid, due to time restrictions, but I will give some of my views on the latest Nitro.

The thing that stands out the most imo is that Nash-Hogan-Flair is being treated as being bigger than the WCW World Title match. Rightfully so though, as those three men are better than the Bookman or Jarrett(I hate that guy) could ever be even in their wildest dreams.

Another thing that I find particulary neat is how the roster seems divided in two groups, two poles almost. A WCW-group, pro WCW and a anti-WCW group, the nWo. I really like how you manage to incorporate that into almost every feud, bar the Cruiserweight feud I believe.

The Sting promo was brilliant. Loved how there were Sting-Steiner segments throughout the show, culminating with a brilliant promo, as stated before. This feud is definitely one of the top-feuds you have going, imo, and it'll make for a good match (psychology wise) at Starrcade.

While Booker T's promos have drawn me in the feud to a certain extent, the WCW-title feud actually doesn't interest me as much. I'd love for Booker to go over and it being the beginning almost of the implosion of nWo, or at least nWo's reign of terror(lol).

One thing I didn't like, Curt Hennig, loses clean to Flair. Sure, Flair's better and I don't mind Hennig losing clean to him in itself, it's just that this was the main event, the match only got 8 minutes and Hennig looked almost like Flair's whipping boy out there.

Otherwise a great show, Szum, and I can't wait for the final show before Starrcade and of course, Starrcade itself. And kudos to you for drawing me into this the way you have. I must say this has to be the first time I've actually been looking forward to the next shows and such, so yea, great job.