Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2007: Unleash the Fury

View Single Post

Old 06-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #1150 (permalink)
Legend
I'M A WOLF BEAST GUY

Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000Legend 16501 - 17000
Default Re: WWE Unleash the Fury

FINAL WWE WrestleMania 23 Card
Sunday April 1, 2007
American Airlines Arena - Miami, Florida
Official Theme Song - Ladies and Gentlemen by Saliva

World-Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. Shawn Michaels
As much as I think HBK as Champ is going to be extremely dull {sorry}, there really idn't another winner here. Michaels won the Rumble, stepped up to the WHC plate and has ran the gauntlet of Edge, Burchill and JBL for weeks and weeks leading up to this match. I doubt he'll get a long reign though, as it'll likely be one of those where the title changes hands pretty regularly. A cracking match for sure.

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. Chris Jericho
Can't believe I'm actually going to go for two title changes in one night, and I usually always see one heel retaining, but I think Jericho is getting this one. He hasn't come out of his feud with Orton particularly well e.g. getting pinned cleanly at NWO. This would be the perfect way to cap off his face turn with him dedicating his win to all of the Jericholics. I haven't seen Y2J as the Champ before in a major thread, so I would LOVE to see it happen in the thread that got me into BTB in the first place.

ECW Championship - Extreme Tournament Finals
Special Referee: Mick Foley
Rob Van Dam vs. Mr. Kennedy w/ Paul Heyman
Sad I know, since I mark for Kennedy like crazy, but it's just common sense. RVD SHOULD be the first ever ECW Champion, and he's been badly up against it in this feud from the get go: getting screwed at NWO for example. With the Extreme Rules element I see Heyman {and maybe Cor Von} getting involved a lot}, but with Van Dam eventually coming out on top to maintain the momentum of his 7 month reign as WWE Champion from last year. KK'll get the strap one day though...

Women's Championship
Victoria (c) vs. Beth Phoenix
I know Victoria's held the belt since last June, but the run up to this match has been incredibly one-sided. It's involved Vickie being terrified of Beth and getting owned by her every time they meey. Vick would look like a bit of a jobber if she lost too. Beth to dominate, but Vickie to get a miraculous victory.

Cruiserweight Championship
Triple Threat Match
Jamie Noble (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Paul London
Noble's reign has to end sometime. What is it now, like 16 months as Champion? Chavo's been jobbing a lot before this feud, so that wouldn't make much sense for him to get the belt. Shame that London's tag team run is over, but I can see him being the torch-bearer and finally getting the belt from Jamie.

Inter-Promotional Grudge Match
Triple H vs. Kurt Angle
Well, I thought this one would be a Street Fight. They hate each other, yet they're going to have a straight forward wrestling match? I hope you go the Taker/Hunter route from WM 17 and go nuts. Triple H started this feud and has dominated it in terms of violence. There can only really be one winner here.

Inter-Promotional Grudge Match
John Cena vs. Finlay
As much as I would love Dave to get the win of his life here, I think he's only here to job to Cena because you had no one else for him. Plus, as you described, the shillelagh attacks and putting Cena on the stretcher makes a perfect set up for Cena's usual 'Superman' comeback routine. This should go the same route as Trips/Kurt I reckon, since a straight up wrestling match seems pointless after this kind of feud.

Inter-Promotional Casket Match
The Undertaker vs. Umaga w/ Armando Estrada
It's WrestleMania. It's The Undertaker. It's a Casket Match, so 'Mags gets to keep his pinfall and submission undefeated streak. Should be a good 'un if you give it more time than you did to Taker/'Tista from last year.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Charlie Haas vs. MVP
vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Ric Flair vs. CM Punk
Ugh, I hate that I'm writing this, but I actually think that Rey Mysterio is going to win MITB this year. You clearly like him, as he was U.S Champ for a while, feuded with Batista and Rated-RKO, and made it to the final four in the Rumble match. I also don't think you'll give someone a title reign who's never had one before, and the Hardys, Haas, Shelton, Punk and MVP fit that bill. Flair? Not really. Rey has been boring as hell, but he's the only one I see winning unfortunately

The Animal vs. The Big Red Machine
Batista vs. Kane
Still not really sure why you went ahead with this match. Everyone seemed to hate the idea. Short and sweet plz. A solid win for heel Big Dave before he moves onwards and upwards post-'Mania.

Special Edition of Carlito's Cabana
The Special Guest - The Rock
Carlito spits in Rocky's face and gets a Rock Bottom. Can't really see anything else happening tbh.

Special Pre-Show WrestleMania 23 Battle Royal
Chris Masters, Chuck Palumbo, Eugene, Gregory Helms, Joey Mercury, Johnny Nitro, JTG, Shad,, Deuce, Domino, Hardcore Holly, Jimmy Wang Yang, Juventud, Super Crazy, Psicosis, Shannon Moore, Balls Mahoney, Danny Doring, Marcus Cor Von, Rodney Mack, Sabu, Sandman, and Tommy Dreamer
He's the only one in the midst of a big push currently, so it would be for the best.

Contest Questions

1. How many titles will change hands? (5 title matches) Uh, are you counting the ECW Championship match as a title match? That's a vacant title. Okay, if you ARE counting that, then I'd say 4 titles will change hands tonight.

2. Will there be any special guests? If so whom? Uh, The Rock? Lol, no I'm kidding. I don't think anyone else will show up.

3. Who will have the spot of the night? Well, it's between Rey Mysterio and Jeff Hardy in the MITB match, but I think Jeff will take himself out of the match with a major spot.

4. Where will WrestleMania 24 be announced for? I don't really know, so I'll guess at Madison Square Garden, New York City.

5. What will the shortest/longest match? Shortest match will be Batista/Kane, and the longest match will be Edge/Michaels.

6-15. Post the order of matches you think they will be on the card.
Finlay/Cena
Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Women's Championship Match
Batista/Kane
Cruiserweight Championship Match
'Taker/Umaga
ECW Championship Match
Triple H/Angle
Orton/Jericho
Edge/Michaels

Looks absolutely fantastic, KOP. Best of luck with it