Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WCW 2001- The Trio Ownership

View Single Post

Old 03-20-2006, 09:06 PM   #152 (permalink)
Szumi
save_btb IC2.0 <3

Szumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missed
Default Re: WCW 2001- The Trio Ownership

World Championship Wrestling- Wednesday Nitro

The usual Wednesday Nitro video and theme plays, followed by an opening display of fireworks. The cameras quickly scroll throughout the audience, letting the fans get on television. Cut to commentators, and let’s get the show on the road!

Tony Schiavone: Ladies and gentleman, welcome to another edition of Wednesday Nitro on NBC! I’m Tony Schiavone, alongside me as always, is “The Professor” Mike Tenay! And Professor, you and I both know this; tonight is going to be one heck of a show!

Mike Tenay: Indeed it will, Tony! There is going to be a 4-way cruiserweight match, with the winner getting the shot to face Shane Helms for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship at Souled Out! Plus, Billy Kidman and Konnan will be in tag team action against the Mamalukes, and will have an answer to the challenge KroniK laid down last week!

Schiavone: And in one of the best main events in WCW history, Booker T and Ric Flair will team up once again, this time to face The Chosen One, Jeff Jarrett, Mike Awesome, and Big Poppa Pump, Scott Steiner!

Tenay: That will be a big main event indeed, and it seems like we’re about to get a bit of a preview because that sound playing throughout the Freedom Hall is the music of our WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T!

The Faces and The New Enforcer

Booker T’s music is indeed playing throughout the Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky, bringing out Booker T. Booker is in tan slacks and a white dress shirt, the WCW World Heavyweight Title Belt around his right shoulder. Booker T gets into the ring, and his music is then replaced with “Sprach Zarathustra”. The crowd had been cheering pretty well for Booker T, but the Freedom Hall simply erupted when Ric Flair and Arn Anderson came out to the ring. Flair strutted down the ring, suave as ever, with Double A walking behind him, arms folded. Flair and Double A got into the ring, and Booker and Flair embraced, and Arn simply shared a handshake with Booker afterwards. The fans chanted “Nature Boy” repeatedly and yelling out “WOOO”. Finally, Ric Flair takes a microphone from David Penzer.

Ric Flair: WOOO!

The crowd yells “WOOO” back at Flair. Flair hands the microphone to Booker T.

Booker T: Are there any playa’s in ‘dis hiz-ouse!?

The crowd pops for Booker T.

Booker: Ight now sucka’s, let’s get down ta business! Las’ week, Scott Steina’, Jeff Jarrett, n’ Mike Awesome saw fit ta beat my ass down ta tha ground.

Flair takes the microphone from Booker.

Flair: And two weeks ago, MIKE AWESOME, you saw fit to Awesome Bomb me straight through the announcer’s table.

Booker T: N’ for bout da past month, ya’lls been kickin’ our asses left n’ right.

Flair: But, WOOO, that stops tonight! WOOO!

Arn Anderson: Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner, and Mike Awesome, if you three boy want to wage war against Dubya See Dubya, the Nature Boy, and the Booker Man, then you’re gonna get one! If you three punks are waitin’ for an invitation, then here it is boys.

Flair: The war, WOOO

Booker: is on sucka’s!

Flair: WOOO!

Booker T: N’ we’re gonna bring dis war right to ya, sucka’s!

Flair: Tonight! Me and Booker T are going to face all three of you, and we’re going to beat all of your asses! WOOO!

Booker T: We may bring dis war to yo punk asses ta’night, but we’sa gonna be bringin’ the fight to ya each n’ every night!

This gets a cheap pop from the crowd.

Booker T: N’ dat includes August da 26, at Souled Out!

The crowd pops again for Booker T, who hands the mic back to Flair.

Flair: And at Souled Out, me and the Booker Man here are going to take the fight to Jeff Jarrett! We’re going to take the fight to Mike Awesome! And we’re going to take the fight to Scott Steiner! WOOO!

Booker T: Big Poppa Pump, sucka, I’m gonna take da fight to ya tonight, n’ yo punk ass can be fo’ damn sure I’m gonna take da fight to ya at Souled Out! At Souled Out, I want yo punk ass one-on-one!

The crowd pops for what appears to be Booker T’s challenge to Scott Steiner for Souled Out. Ric Flair takes the microphone once again.

Flair: And Jeff Jarrett! You and I both know that I want to pin your shoulders to the mat, one-two-three, once again, at Souled Out! DOUBLE J! CHOSEN ONE! You think you’re THE MAN!? WOOO! NUT-UH! To BE the MAN, you have got to BEAT the MAN! WOOO!

Flair is fired up, cutting a great promo as only Ric Flair can. Flair pauses as the crowd cheers on Naitch. Flair then starts yelling into the microphone.

Flair: Jeff Jarrett, I’ll kick your ass! Mike Awesome, I’ll kick your ass! Big Poppa Pump, I’ll kick your ass!

Flair is getting heated up, but Double A calms him down. Flair regains his composure, and starts talking normally again.

Flair: Thank you, Double A. You see ladies and gentleman, that man right there… he is the best man I know! Double A! The Enforcer! Arn Anderson!

The crowd pops for Arn Anderson, who simply cracks a small smile and nods his head in appreciation.

Flair: Double A, you’ve been by my side for every war I have fought. And if I am going to do this thing right, I want you by my side once again! Arn, I want you managing me in every match I have from now on!

The crowd pops, and then starts chanting “Double A, Double A”. Arn takes the microphone and replies.

Anderson: Ric, I am absolutely honored to be your manager!

The crowd bursts into cheers as Flair and Anderson embrace. Booker T applauds the two men. Anderson releases the embrace. He apparently isn’t finished yet, however.

Anderson: Ric, I may be your manager, but that doesn’t mean I can be your Enforcer.

The crowd is silent. Flair looks perplexed.

Anderson: You and I, hell, everyone, knows I can no longer actively compete in the ring. But damn it, Ric, that doesn’t mean there won’t be an Enforcer in WCW! Because at Souled Out, you are all going to see the NEW ENFORCER! At Souled Out, in an open challenge, the newest Anderson wrestles in World Championship Wrestling, Cal Walker Anderson!

The crowd cheer for the “new enforcer” Cal Walker Anderson. Yes, Cal Walker Anderson is CW Anderson of ECW fame. The three men in the ring celebrate with another and embrace as the crowd cheers. Nitro then cuts to a commercial break after the very long opening segment.

Segment Rating: 87%

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

When Wednesday Nitro returns, the cruiserweights start making their way to the ring for their match, while the cameras cut to commentary.

Schiavone: The war is on, Professor!

Tenay: It’s already been a huge night so far, ladies and gentleman! Arn Anderson, Booker T, and Ric Flair have declared war against Jeff Jarrett, Mike Awesome, and Scott Steiner! Plus, the New Enforcer, Cal Walker Anderson, will debut at Souled Out!

Schiavone: It’s been a historic night so far, and the action is going to pick up now though as it is time for the number one contender’s match for the Cruiserweight Title!

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Kaz Hayashi vs. Lash Leroux vs. Shannon Moore- WCW Cruiserweight Championship Number One Contender’s Match

Just like any cruiserweight match on WCW TV, the match is absolutely great, but the crowd and commentators just don’t care. The crowd is out getting a drink or something, while Tenay and Schiavone talk more about this “war” in WCW. The four cruiserweights put on a great match, with Guerrero and Hayashi putting on an excellent display of mat wrestling while Leroux and Moore go spot for spot in a more aerial type style. Despite the great work in the ring, the crowd is silent throughout it, and probably don’t even the ending of the match. For those that care, the ending came after Kaz Hayashi dove over the top rope to the outside, hitting a corkscrew tope con hilo, taking himself and Shannon Moore out of the match. In the ring, Chavo Guerrero Jr. quickly capitalized, hitting a quick thumb to eye to Lash Leroux, followed by a school boy and hold of the tights to get the victory. Chavo Guerrero Jr. will now face Shane Helms at Souled Out for the Cruiserweight Championship.

Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Lash Leroux, Kaz Hayashi, and Shannon Moore at 5:29 (Chavo pins Leroux)
Star Rating: ** ˝ (75, 65, 85)

Tenay: Chavo Guerrero Jr. picks up a nice win in this cruiserweight match, even if he won using cheap tactics.

Schiavone: He’s a Guerrero, Professor, and that is what we can expect from the Guerrero family, cheating.

Tenay: Well, never the less, Chavo Guerrero Jr. will now challenge Shane Helms for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship at Souled Out in what will probably be an exciting match!

Schiavone: But now we must move onto our next match; the Filthy Animals versus the Mamalukes!

Mamalukes vs. Filthy Animals (w/Tygress)

The Animals and the Mamalukes have an average tag team match, that the Mamalukes really had no chance of winning. Konnan and Kidman dominated in the early going, only for Big Vito and Johnny The Bull to regain control in mid-match. Kidman was isolated by the two bigger men, but the resilient and speedy Kidman wouldn’t let himself be pinned, and continued to fight back against the Mamalukes’ attack. The Mamalukes were sluggish in their attack on Kidman however, giving Kidman the chance to DDT Johnny The Bull instead of Bull hitting a back body drop. Kidman made the hot tag to Konnan, who exploded into the ring and worked over both fo the Mamalukes. Konnan hits Big Vito, now the legal man, with the Rolling Clothesline, and The Bull with the 187. A tag to Kidman is made, who finishes the match off by hitting Vito with a Shooting Star Press.

Filthy Animals def. Mamalukes at 4:44 (Kidman pins Vito)
Star Rating: * ˝ (78, 71, 85)

After the match, Konnan grabs a microphone from a stage hand.

Konnan: Yo, yo, yo, let me speak on dis! ORALE! Arriba la raza! The Filthy Animals are in da HOOOUSE!

The fans yell out “hooouse” along with Konnan. Konnan’s face isn’t the normal happy go lucky again; he is once again serious.

Konnan: KRONIK! Last week ya’lls challenged da Animals to a match at Souled Out? You two punk asses wanna face me and my homie, Kidman, in a Tag Team Title unification match? Well my boy, Billy, is gonna give ya an answa’ since he is one half of da Cruiserweight Tag Team Champion.

Billy Kidman: KroniK, the Filthy Animals have no problem becoming the sole tag team champions at Souled Out. If Rey-Rey was able to fight, me and K-Dawg both know he’d be there kicking ass against you two. But Misterio can’t wrestle yet.

Konnan: N’ I would be honored ta be a substitute for Rey Misterio Jr. at Souled Out!

Kidman: Billy Kidman and Konnan versus KroniK in a WCW Tag Team Championship unification match at Souled Out… IT’S ON!

The First Attack

Big Poppa Pump, Scott Steiner is walking backstage. Steiner is dressed in his black tights, medieval head plate on. Steiner is walking towards his locker room, and turns the corner. When he does, he is jumped by Arn Anderson, Booker T, and Ric Flair. Booker T leads the attack, nailing Steiner with a hard right hand as soon as Steiner turned the corner. Steiner goes down, and all three men start laying into him with stomps. Anderson and Flair pull Steiner to his feet quickly, and Booker whips Steiner into the concrete wall across the hall way. Steiner’s head just legitimately smacked off of the concrete wall! The attack causes a loud commotion throughout the hall way, leading to a locker room door opening. It’s Jeff Jarrett and Mike Awesome! Booker T and Flair quickly whip Steiner into Jarrett and Awesome, and then take off. Jarrett and Awesome yell for help and try and tend to Steiner as Nitro heads to break.

Segment Rating: 73%

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

When Nitro returns, WCW President Eric Bischoff is standing backstage with Awesome, Jarrett, and Steiner. Steiner is standing, albeit he is a bit woozy.

Eric Bischoff: Look guys, I understand that you have a 3 on 2 handicap match up next, but I am going to have to force Steiner not to wrestle. Scott, you are physically unable to compete in my opinion, and I am making the match a regular 2 on 2 match instead.

Steiner starts flipping out, and lunges at Bischoff, but Doug Dillinger and his security screw is already there to separate the two. Jarrett steps up to Bischoff while Steiner yells.

Scott Steiner: Screw you, Bischoff! I can compete, damn it! *bleeped* Let me in that match! I’ll tear Booker T apart!

Bischoff: NO! My decision is final! I deem you unable to wrestle tonight!

Jeff Jarrett: Bischoff, you’ve just made a critical mistake, bub! Eric Bischoff, you are absolutely drunk with power! You’ve been screwing Scott Steiner out of his rightful match with Booker T for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship for months now, and you’ve been holding me and Mike Awesome back! You’re a slap nut, Eric. You’ve just officially made yourself enemy of this little group right here! Me and Mike are gonna go out there and kick the crap out of Booker T and Ric Flair! And we’re gonna do it to send a message to those two slappy’s and Arn Anderson, the boys in the back, all of WCW, but most of all… we’re sendin’ the message to you! You shouldn’t mess with us, Eric! But too late now; you’re our new enemy!

Jeff Jarrett and Mike Awesome leave to head to the ring, while Steiner is continued to be held back by security. Eric Bischoff looks uneasy at the backs of Awesome and Jarrett, and then gives Steiner a worried and paranoid look. Bischoff isn’t thrilled about the situation he just put himself in!

Segment Rating: 79%

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Booker T and Ric Flair (w/Arn Anderson) vs. Jeff Jarrett and Mike Awesome

When Wednesday Nitro returns, Ric Flair and Arn Anderson are finishing making their entrance, with everyone else already in the ring. Anderson stays at ringside while Flair gets into the ring. Flair takes off his robe, and he and Booker T then attack! The two faces dominate over Awesome and Jarrett in the early going, simply beating the crap out of them right hands. Awesome and Jarrett counter back with simultaneous low blows to Booker and Flair, gaining the advantage. The match never gets any kind of order to it, as Jarrett and Awesome both stay in the ring, brawling with Booker T and Flair. The two heels were over the faces with more brawling for about another minute, but Booker and Flair make a comeback. Ric ends up hitting a DDT to Jarrett, and Awesome gets decked with a Harlem Side Kick. However, as the two faces prepare to keep their attack going, Scott Steiner comes down the aisle, lead pipe in hand. Steiner walks up right behind Double A, and he hits him in the back with the pipe! Anderson goes down! Scott Steiner then gets into the ring, but Booker T and Flair have their backs turned to Big Poppa Pump! Steiner hits Flair first, cracking him in the back of the knee with the pipe, and then in the back! This grabs Booker’s attention, but when he turns to face Big Poppa, Booker gets cracked over the head with the lead pipe! That’s enough for referee Scott Dickenson, who disqualified Jeff Jarrett and Mike Awesome, giving the win to Booker T and Ric Flair!

It looks like the attack on Booker T and Ric Flair isn’t over though because Scott Steiner, along with Jarrett and Awesome, start laying the boots to Booker T and The Nature Boy. The three heels stomp the hell out of the World Heavyweight Champion and the 16-time champ while the crowd boos the hell out of the three heels. The attack on Booker and Flair is quite short however, as Nitro is coming towards an end. Awesome drags Flair up to his feet, and hits him with an Awesome Bomb. Booker T then gets the same treatment. While Mike Awesome stands tall, Steiner puts Booker T in the Steiner Recliner, and Jarrett puts Flair in the Figure 4! However, Nitro abruptly comes to end with the submissions being applied, Booker and Flair howling in pain.

Booker T & Ric Flair def. Jeff Jarrett & Mike Awesome by DQ at 4:11 (Steiner Int.)
Star Rating: * (85, 88, 80)

Schiavone:Arn Anderson, Booker T, and Ric Flair may have bonded tonight to take the war to Jeff Jarrett, Mike Awesome, and Scott Steiner, but in the end, Jeff, Mike, and Scott got the last laugh!

Tenay: Foreign objects are such a huge difference maker in wrestling, Tony. Once again, Scott Steiner had the lead pipe with him, and he used it to his advantage. He took out Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, and then Booker T. Once again, Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, and Mike Awesome end the night with a victory.

Schiavone: Hopefully next week can bring better luck. Well ladies and gentleman, that will do it for tonight! Be sure to tune into Wednesday Nitro next week, same time, same channel; 10 PM on NBC! So long everybody!

Overall Rating: 80%
TV Rating: 2.22

My Awards:
2008 - Best PPV - Starrcade
2008, 2007, & 2006 - Best Promo Writer
2007 & 2006 - Best Promo(s)
2007 - Most Creative
2007 - Best Feedbacker
2006 & 2007 BTB World Cup - Top Overall Scorer
2007 BTB World Cup - Booker of the Tournament
Only Person to Ever Score Perfect Score in a Tournament
BTB Hall of Famer

World Championship Wrestling 2001 - The Trio Ownership
This was The Trio Ownership; I did it a long time ago, for a long time. T'was a good ready, I think. People liked it and stuff.