Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2007: Unleash the Fury

View Single Post

Old 05-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #1129 (permalink)
KOP
is better than you!

KOP KOP KOP KOP KOP KOP KOP KOP KOP KOP KOP
Default Re: WWE Unleash the Fury

Monday Night Raw
Monday February 19, 2007
Bakersfield, California

Raw opens tonight with a special video package highlighting the previous two Raw Roulettes and many matches that went down on both shows. Shortly after this video package ends we head off to see another video package this time focusing on instead the rivalry between Randy Orton and Chris Jericho. The video shows Orton RKO’ing Jericho at No Way Out and getting the clean pin before it fades off with Orton standing over Jericho.

Shortly after this Across the Nation by Union Underground plays and the normal Raw video package airs before we head into the arena.

Jim Ross: Hello everybody and welcome tonight to perhaps the biggest episode of Raw EVER! Many things are going to take place tonight plus it’s the return of an all time favorite here on Raw!

Jerry Lawler: Raw Roulette makes it’s return tonight which means EVERY SINGLE MATCH will be determined by the spin of a wheel!

Jim Ross: Plus kicking off Raw tonight we’ve got the Contract Signing for WrestleMania 23 with our General Manager watching the proceedings.

Jerry Lawler: And that’s not all because also marks the return of Kurt Angle to Raw for the first time since last May! And tonight he’s going to go face to face with the man that has been giving him trouble for the past few weeks…”The Game” Triple H!

Hard Hittin’ hits across the arena as out steps Raw General Manager Jonathan Coachman. Coach makes his way down the ramp before making his way up the steps. Inside the ring are the contract, the table, two chairs, and the big Raw Roulette wheel. Nobody is really certain why the wheel is in the ring but still…it’s situated there for at least now.

Jonathan Coachman: Now I know many of you are wondering why the Raw Roulette wheel is out here but let’s go ahead and get down to business. Tonight is perhaps one of the biggest Raw’s in years! We’ve got Raw Roulette returning….

The crowd gives a decent pop.

Jonathan Coachman: The return to Raw of Kurt Angle…

The crowd gives a LOUD POP.

Jonathan Coachman: And finally right now the Contract Signing for WrestleMania 23!

The crowd gives another LOUD POP.

Jonathan Coachman: But now that I look back I’m wondering just why I gave such a big night away to such a terrible city in Bakersfield! Hell the Coach didn’t even know that Bakersfield existed until my co-workers told me about it!

The crowd gives a showering of boos towards Coach.

Jonathan Coachman: But that’s enough for now. We need to go ahead and get this big night kicked off and first let me introduce to you the man that will be challenging for the WWE Championship come WrestleMania 23…. he is the “Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla” Chris Jericho!

Break the Walls Down hits across the arena as out steps the challenger Chris Jericho. Jericho comes out to a big ovation from the fans as he slowly makes his way down the ramp. Jericho jumps onto the ropes before of course doing his trademark taunt by bouncing against the ropes before he gets into the ring. Jericho, whom is clad in ring gear, walks over before taking a seat.

Jonathan Coachman: And his opponent…he has held the WWE Championship since Survivor Series…please welcome the WWE Champion…. Randy Orton!

Burn in my Light hits across the arena as out steps Randy Orton arrogantly onto the stage. Orton signals for the sparks to fall behind him as he throws his hands up taunting everybody. Orton makes his way down the ramp now not taking his eyes off Jericho as Jericho is staring coldly at Orton as if he just committed a crime. Orton rolls into the ring throwing the title off of his shoulder and onto the table for Jericho to look right at it! Coach gets everything under order before he grabs the contract.

Jonathan Coachman: Okay gentlemen. Both of your attorney’s have already looked over the contract and said that it is safe for both of you to sign. Once you both sign the contract then we can have some comments from each one of you concerning the match. Randy, you’re first….

Coach hands the contract over to Orton who fakes flipping through the papers but signs it rather quickly.

Jonathan Coachman: Chris…now it’s your turn…

Coach grabs the contract from Orton as Jericho looks at it getting ready to sign but as always Orton stops Jericho before he can sign it.

Randy Orton: Chris think about what you’re doing. Think about what you’re having to put your family through Chris! For weeks I’ve been running rampant on you here on Raw and you’re going to put your career at risk just for MY title?

The crowd boos Orton loudly.

Randy Orton: I mean you can do whatever you want but it’s like…

Jericho interrupts him.

Chris Jericho: It’s like what?

Randy Orton: Well it’s like s…

Jericho once again interrupts Orton

Chris Jericho: It’s like nothing Randy. I’ve sat back and disappointed those fans, MY JERICHOHOLICS! For years because I had to make stupid choices. I had to go stab people in the back but now it’s my time Randy. I’ve sat back on the sidelines for years and I haven’t main evented a WrestleMania in FIVE YEARS! You know how much that hurts Randy?

Randy Orton: Chris I’m warning you…

Jericho flips through the contract once more and SIGNS IT!

Randy Orton: I’d like you to know Chris that you just signed your career death warrant!

Jericho laughs at these comments.

Randy Orton: Flashback to No Way Out last night and if you remember I pinned you in that ring one…two…three. Hell why take it for words…let’s look at it ourselves shall we?

Orton calls for the footage to be played as it shows Orton hitting the RKO on Jericho and pinning him to get the win for his team.

Randy Orton: It’s not only clear to me but it’s clear to everybody Chris. You’re the former shell of a man that you used to be. You have to run and hide behind these so-called “Jerichoholics” that you call them because you know that your career is a joke. You know that you’ve haven’t done a damn thing in your career to make an impact at all!

Orton watches as Jericho stands up.

Chris Jericho: Oh really Randy…then what do you call this?

Jericho shoves Orton before Orton falls back. Orton looks ready to come back at Jericho but Coach stops it.

Jonathan Coachman: CALM DOWN! I know both of you want to take your anger out right now but now is not the time. Because tonight you’ve both got big matches ahead of you…

The crowd pops wanting to see both men in action.

Jonathan Coachman: Chris you’ve got a big task ahead of you because you’ve got to face your former friend and bodyguard later tonight and well why don’t we go ahead and find out what kind of match that is going to be tonight?

Coach walks over before spinning the wheel and the wheel lands on…

Jonathan Coachman: A First Blood Match!

The crowd pops for the big match, as Jericho looks a little worried but not too much.

Jonathan Coachman: And as for you Randy…let’s go ahead and spin the wheel to find out…

Coach spins the wheel as it goes round and round before it lands on…

Jonathan Coachman: How appropriate! A Legend vs. Legend Killer Match!

Orton shows a smile, as he seems very intrigued by this idea.

Jonathan Coachman: I’ve got one legend waiting in the back right now that is ready to take you on tonight so you’ll just have to wait till later…

Jonathan Coachman: Now g…

Shortly after this Orton and Jericho get back into each other’s face. It seems Orton said something to provoke Jericho but it wasn’t said into the mic. Orton and Jericho both badmouth one another before Coach tries to break it up again! Orton tries to RKO Jericho but Jericho is able to move out of the way before throwing Orton through the table! Coach looks at Jericho before he pushes Jericho asking him why he did that! Jericho quickly swipes Coach off of his feet before he locks in the Walls of Jericho! Jericho has the hold locked in on Coach, as Coach has no hope! Jericho keeps the hold in for about a minute and Coach passes out! King and JR talk about why didn’t Palumbo come down and save Coach but apparently King tells JR that Palumbo has yet to arrive to the arena.

---Commercial---

Jim Ross: And before the break Raw General Manager Jonathan Coachman had to be wheeled out of the arena on a stretcher. It seems as if he was having trouble being brought back after he passed out!

Jerry Lawler: Well I have no clue who is in charge right now but apparently we’re heading backstage to find out right now!

The camera heads backstage to see the Raw Roulette wheel being placed in the General Manager’s Office before the camera is moved over to reveal…Mr. McMahon!

Mr. McMahon: Right there!

Mr. McMahon smiles as he looks at the workers who brought the wheel in.

Mr. McMahon: Okay that’s perfect! Now get the hell out of my office!

The workers leave as we head into the arena to see Cryme Tyme already waiting in the arena. Mr. McMahon comes on the big Jumbotron looking at Cryme Tyme saying that we’re about to decide their type of match right now for the World Tag Team Titles! Mr. McMahon spins the wheel and it lands on Bakersfield Street Fight!

Match #1
World Tag Team Championships
Bakersfield Street Fight
The Golden Standards (c’s) vs. Cryme Tyme

Match Overview: This match gets about ten minutes or so to put some good focus back into the tag team division. The match takes a turn for the interesting once Burke slide a garbage can into the ring to Benjamin who proceeded to dropkick the garbage can into the face of Shad! Big Shad fell down onto the mat with a thud before Burke came into the ring. Burke grabbed a 2x4 beating JTG over the back with it repeatedly. Burke yells at Benjamin to pick JTG up and hold him in the corner and Benjamin does so making sure that Burke is ready. Burke charges across the ring for the Elijah Experience but JTG was able to elbow out of the corner and Burke collides with the corner! JTG quickly runs over hitting a big clothesline onto Benjamin knocking him down. Shad is slowly pulling himself back up now. Shad scoops Burke up looking for the G-9 but Benjamin chop blocks Shad from behind! Shad falls down onto one knee and as JTG runs he runs right back at Burke! Burke scoops JTG up hitting a big Elijah Express appropriately onto a steel chair that was in the middle of the ring. Benjamin puts the boot to Shad assuring he can’t get up as Burke covers to retain the gold.

Winners and STILL World Tag Team Champions: The Golden Standards

Benjamin and Burke grab their titles stumbling up the stage knowing they were so close to possibly losing them tonight. Shortly after we head off to a commercial.

---Commercial---

We head into the office of Mr. McMahon who is filling in for Coach tonight since he was injured earlier on Raw at the hands of Chris Jericho! Mr. McMahon is talking right now to Mickie James and Maria.

Mr. McMahon: Okay ladies let’s go ahead and spin this wheel to see what your tag match is going to be tonight….

Mr. McMahon spins the wheel and it lands on…

Mr. McMahon: PADDLE ON A POLE MATCH!

Mr. McMahon shows a smile as Mickie and Maria smile before walking off heading towards the arena one must presume. Mr. McMahon looks set to sit back and watch the match before in walks the World Tag Team Champions, The Golden Standards!

Shelton Benjamin: What the hell was that about?

Mr. McMahon turns around startled to see one of his employees yelling at him.

Mr. McMahon: Listen! Tonight is not the night to be coming in here and yelling at me! I could just as easily strip of you those tag titles right now if I very damn well felt like it!

Elijah Burke: It’s kind of ironic that first off we didn’t get to wrestle at No Way Out last night and now…we’re put in a Street Fight? Is this some kind of hint or something?

Shelton Benjamin: Oh it’s not a hint Elijah…it has to do with the color of our skin!

Mr. McMahon looks taken a back at the comments these two are throwing at him.

Mr. McMahon: I spun the wheel and it landed on Street Fight. It’s not r…

Elijah Burke: Sure…you just wanted to see four black men all fighting in a Street Fight. We know how you run things around here…

Mr. McMahon gets into the face of Elijah Burke

Mr. McMahon: DON’T YOU EVER INTERRUPT ME AGAIN! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Burke steps back nodding towards McMahon he understands as Benjamin steps up now.

Shelton Benjamin: I thought we were going to be able to take this to the higher powers of the WWE but it seems that even Vincent Kennedy McMahon himself has a problem with the Golden Standards just because we’re black!

Benjamin and Burke walk off after that comment as Mr. McMahon is left alone pondering what in the hell just went down. We shortly head back into the arena to the commentating team at ringside.

Jim Ross: I think that the Golden Standards are taking this a bit too far because I don’t think their match tonight has anything to do with skin color.

Jerry Lawler: I’ve got to agree here with Benjamin and Burke JR. It’s awfully ironic that they’ve been done wrong twice already in one week? What’s next?

Match #2
Paddle on a Pole Match
Mickie James and Maria vs. Victoria and Melina

Match Overview: The match obviously doesn’t go very long but it used to showcase the Women’s champion before heading into WrestleMania. Victoria gets a lot of offense in and starts to breakdown the match once she is able to throw Mickie James out of the ring. This leaves Maria alone to Victoria and Melina as Victoria gets Melina to climb the ropes and grab the paddle! Melina grabs the paddle and hands it to Victoria! Victoria starts beating the hell out of Maria with the paddle and she gets the win for her team.

Winners: Victoria and Melina

Victoria yells at Melina to watch Mickie as Mickie tries to come back into the ring but Melina uses the middle rope to her advantage and hits a swinging dropkick knocking Mickie down onto the outside. Victoria throws the paddle down before scooping Maria up and dropping her with a Widow’s Peak! But Victoria doesn’t stop there as she scoops Maria up for another Widow’s Peak! The fans are booing the hell out of the champion as Victoria picks Maria up looking for the third consecutive Widow’s Peak but Beth Phoenix comes running down to the ring. Melina was on the outside and gets greeted with a thunderous clothesline before Beth hits the ring. Beth watches as Victoria slides to the outside not wanting any of Beth after what happened at No Way Out last night.

Jim Ross: Victoria is one sick and twisted women King. There really is no other way to say it about our Women’s Champion.

Jerry Lawler: I tell you what though JR. I can promise you that when these two divas get into the ring together it’s not going to be a pretty sight.

---Commercial---

Time to Play the Game hits across the arena as out steps Triple H walking down the ramp. The Game comes down the stage. Triple H walks out to a resounding chorus of boos from the fans as he walks down the ramp. Hunter rolls into the ring before not hesitating to walk over and grab a mic. Triple H taps the mic making sure it’s working before he looks around the arena and yells for his music to be cut off.

Triple H: You’ve all waited for week’s…weeks to find out just why I had to take down perhaps one of the most successful wrestlers here in the WWE. He’s perhaps one of the most decorated champions to step foot in the ring…

The crowd pops for Angle.

Triple H: But yet he’s just not as damn good as me!

The crowd boos as Hunter smirks.

Triple H: I’ve had to listen for the past few years about Kurt Angle this, Kurt Angle that, oh my he broke somebody’s ankle! He’s so great! Well if he was so damn great he’d be over here on Raw right now trying to break my ankle!

The crowd boos as Hunter circles around continuing to talk.

Triple H: Let’s face it. Kurt Angle is perhaps the MOST OVERRATED wrestler that has ever stepped foot in a WWE ring? What has he done other than win an Olympic Gold Medal? What has he done to even be deserving of your appreciation? Not a damn thing! But a few weeks ago when I hit Kurt Angle hard in the head with a sledgehammer I know I made the biggest impact on his career that anybody ever has done!

HHH walks around continuing as the crowd pays attention.

Triple H: I knew that I struck a vein inside of him. I knew that I had woken up a beast inside of him that hasn’t been seen in years. A side of Kurt Angle that nobody knew even existed. But I think Kurt might want the fans to know something that I’ve known for a little while…

The crowd wonders what Hunter is talking about.

Triple H: So Kurt go ahead and come on out here now…

Medal hits as out steps Kurt Angle. Angle walks down the ramp with a big icepack on his shoulder as the fans cheer on in support for Angle. Angle walks down the ramp with their being a big obvious target on his shoulder still. Angle climbs up the steps before getting into the ring. Angle stares down Hunter not taking his eyes off of the Game as he walks over and receive a mic but not turning his back on the Game.

Triple H: Kurt its gre…

Kurt Angle: Hunter I’m not here to play these games with you. I’ve been sitting on the sidelines for the past three weeks and I haven’t been able to do a damn thing since! So whatever made you feel the need to just come on Smackdown and hit me with the Sledgehammer really makes me wonder something? Are you angry Hunter? Are you angry because it’s not you in the main event at WrestleMania once again?

Hunter looks on as the crowd “OOO’s” at him.

Triple H: As a matter of fact I am pretty damn angry that I’m not in the main event but that’s a different story. You see I’ve been listening for a little while backstage and I heard there are some rumors going on about you. Some rumors that you’re neck is bothering you, of course your shoulder is injured and well…you’re just not the same. Is that right?

Angle nods his head in agreement.

Triple H: Well we don’t need somebody like you dragging everybody down backstage. It’s selfish people like you that feel the need to carry on and STEAL OTHER PEOPLE’s SPOTLIGHT! You came here last year on Raw and stole my spotlight and what happened to you? You lost at WrestleMania! But flash forward a year and it’s a completely different story Kurt. You have to sit at home with that icepack on your shoulder wondering if you’re ever going to wrestle again. It’s really sad K…

Kurt Angle: I didn’t come here to listen to you play these games. I know that I have problems right now Hunter. Twenty thousand people have told me that and you’re just another doubter. I know that I can still carry on and hang with the best of them. I know that I can go out there and steal the show despite my injuries…

Triple H: See that’s my point! Your injuries Kurt! That is what is holding you back. That is what is not allowing you to compete to your full capability and well even though you have a full capability it’s still not damn near as high as mine!

The crowd “OOO’s” this time towards Angle as he gets into the face of the Game.

Triple H: So maybe it’s time that you sat back and thought about who all you are hurting around here. Just how many people you are hurting including your family. Maybe you need to stop being selfish and let the real stars of the WWE take over for you. Because Kurt you’re nothing but a washed up, lazy, and injured son of a bitch!

Angle gets into the face as Hunter pushes him back.

Kurt Angle: You say one more thing and I promise to God that I will knock your ass out right here….

Hunter looks at Angle as if he is serious.

Triple H: What are you going to knock me out with? You’ve got an injured shoulder…so what are you going to do Kurt?

Kurt Angle: THIS!

Angle kicks Hunter down low before he hits him hard with his good arm…the left arm! Angle is clubbing hard at Hunter’s back but it becomes obvious that Hunter is too much for Angle as he spears Angle down onto the mat. Security runs down breaking it up as Hunter looks ready to get another piece but security is able to hold them apart. Hunter picks up a mic yelling into it.

Triple H: I’ll end your misery Kurt! I’ll end your damn career!!!

Shortly after Triple H gets taken out of the ring as Angle is helped out of the ring. We head over to the commentating team at ringside.

Jim Ross: All hell broke loose and I must wonder what the future holds for both Kurt Angle and Triple H!

Jerry Lawler: I had no clue that Kurt was having so many problems with his health and it might be better if he holds off from wrestling ever again.

Jim Ross: I know Kurt Angle and I know that he’ll have his mind made up in a few weeks but we’ve still got a wild night ahead of us.

Jerry Lawler: We’ve still got two blockbuster matches in the First Blood Match and the Legend vs. Legend Killer Match!

Jim Ross: But up next…Umaga is in action!

---Commercial---

It is shown that during the break Mr. McMahon spun the wheel and it landed on Handicap Match. Umaga doesn’t show a bit of concern at all about this match.

Match #3
3 on 1 Handicap Match
Umaga vs. Ryan Alstead, Chris Candetzky, and John Johnson

Match Overview: Umaga runs rough shed through the three jobbers from the Bakersfield area, as he shows no remorse for the three jobbers. Umaga throws Candetzky over the ropes with authority as Candetzky lands with a thud on the mat! Alstead runs right at Umaga who catches him with a big Samoan Drop! Umaga yells at Estrada as Estrada slides Candetzky back into the ring. Umaga knocks Johnson down with a thunderous clothesline before he positions each one of the three men in a separate corner. Umaga charges in hitting the Samoan Wrecking Ball in each corner of each of his three opponents. Umaga then proceeds to drag Candetzky up before hitting the Samoan Spike on him! Umaga throws Candetzky into the middle of the ring on top of Johnson and Alstead before covering and getting the win in about a little less than two minutes.

Winner: Umaga

Estrada slides into the ring as Umaga stands over the three jobbers! The Samoan Bulldozer looks around the arena as Estrada holds Umaga’s hand up in the air! We shortly after head backstage to see Carlito prepping for his match as he is standing by with Todd Grisham.

Todd Grisham: Carlito in the matter of a few moments you will be getting a shot at heading into the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 23.

Carlito: A shot Todd? A shot? Carlito pretty much has this spot wrapped up! Carlito last year competed in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match but didn’t come out with the briefcase. But this year is a different year for Carlito. 2007 is better known as the year of Carlito and Carlito can promise you that not only will Carlito be winning his match tonight but also he’ll be winning the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania.

Todd Grisham: Now tonight you do not have any clue who you are competing against but right now I’ve been told that Mr. McMahon is ready to spin the wheel to see what match you will be competing in.

At this moment the screen splits into a split screen and shows Carlito on the left with Todd and Mr. McMahon on the right. Mr. McMahon spins the wheel and it lands on…

Todd Grisham: A Steel Cage Match!

Carlito’s eyes almost pop back in his head, as he is completely shocked that he has to compete in this match.

Carlito: This is not fair to Carlito. Carlito had no clue that he had to get ready for a Steel Cage Match! Carlito says this is a load of crap and that Carlito is not competing tonight!

Todd Grisham: Well if you don’t compete tonight then you can…

Carlito: Carlito doesn’t care! Carlito knows this is an outrage and since I have to go out there Carlito can promise you it won’t be a very long match. Carlito has been wronged here tonight and it’s all because Carlito had no clue he had to compete in this Steel Cage Match.

Carlito walks off angrily before he heads off into the arena.

Jim Ross: Carlito competes in a Steel Cage Match for the first Money in the Bank Qualifying Match and it’s next!

---Commercial---

Match #4
Money in the Bank Qualifying Steel Cage Match
Carlito vs. Jeff Hardy

Match Overview: Jeff Hardy is revealed to be the mystery opponent for Carlito as both men go at it for about ten minutes. Carlito had an early attempt to escape the cage early on but Hardy was able to pull Carlito back into the ring. Hardy hit Carlito with the Twist of Fate before making his way over to the cage looking ready to climb but Carlito was able to pull Hardy off of the cage. Carlito grabbed Hardy Irish whipping him off into the ropes before Hardy ran right back into a swinging backbreaker from Carlito! Carlito stomped away on Hardy before yelling at the refs to open the cage door again. Hardy pulls Carlito back into the ring once more before tripping Carlito up! Hardy then proceeds to dropkick Carlito in the face before dragging Carlito back onto his feet. Hardy whipped Carlito into the ropes but as Hardy runs back Carlito moves out of the way! Hardy almost jumps into the steel cage but he stopped himself. Hardy turns around as Carlito attemps the Back Stabber onto Hardy but Hardy holds onto the cage causing Carlito to fall onto the mat. Hardy quickly leaps onto the top rope scaling the turnbuckles before leaping off and hitting the Swanton Bomb! Hardy was going to cover but instead scales the cage before making his descend down and booking his spot in the match at WrestleMania

Winner: Jeff Hardy

Jim Ross: Jeff Hardy has quickly just earned himself a spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 23 just like that!

Jerry Lawler: The Insane Daredevil had to pull out all the stops tonight but at least he has a guaranteed spot at WrestleMania.

Jim Ross: But now we’ve got to wonder what is going on with Carlito? Will he even be able to appear at WrestleMania?

We head backstage to see John Cena standing by in the interview area.

John Cena: What happened this past Sunday at No Way Out had to of been the most embarrassing night of my career ever. A rookie, a young up and comer, in the brash and arrogant MVP, beat me! But it took three men to hold me down! Wait let me correct that! Two men and a midget.

The crowd laughs but Cena goes back to being serious.

John Cena: I’ve had enough of Finlay running around making my life a living hell for the past month. That’s why next week I want Finlay to come to Raw for the first time ever! I want Finlay to come here to my home! I want Finlay to come here and get a little taste of what it’s like to get your ass beat courtesy of John Cena!

The crowd pops loudly for Cena.

John Cena: Finlay I want you next week in this ring….

Cena stares blatantly into the camera with a scary look.

John Cena: No more games, no more hiding. We’ve been at it for a month and I’m tired of these games. I promise you that if you have the balls to show up next Monday that you will never ever mess with the Doctor of Thuganomics again!

Cena gets a decent pop from the fans.

John Cena: Be ready because you’ve awoken the true soldier inside of me. Bring MVP, bring Hornswoggle, hell bring the whole damn Smackdown roster if you’re that uncomfortable but be prepared because I promise you that if you come here next week you won’t make it out of this arena in one shape! I promise you that you’ll have to be carried out of this arena on a stretcher when I get my hands on you!

The crowd cheers loudly as Cena continues on.

John Cena: You’ve made this personal Finlay.

Cena gets ready to close it off.

John Cena: Just know that you’ve got a big target on your back right now and I’m the one person that is ready to take you down.

Cena walks off with a mission as we head off to a commercial break.

---Commercial---

Match #5
Legend vs. Legend Killer Match
Randy Orton vs. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper

Match Overview: Orton’s match ends up being a surprise in that he has to face Roddy Piper. The match gets a bit of time but not much (probably about seven or eight minutes) in total since there is still one more match to come. But still the fans get a good treat in seeing Piper here tonight. Piper came oh so close to winning the match after he locked in the Sleeper Hold but Orton was able to elbow out of the move and strike Piper with a big Inverted headlock Backbreaker. Piper falls onto the mat as Orton stalks his opponent waiting for Piper to get back up. Orton teases Piper as Piper slowly gets back onto his feet and stumbles right into a thunderous RKO out of nowhere! Orton throws Piper over covering to get the win.

Winner: Randy Orton

Orton stands over the fallen body of “Rowdy” Roddy Piper as he has his hand raised by the referee! Orton has his title handed to him but he looks down at Piper. Orton makes his way over to the commentary booth to watch the main event soon.

Jim Ross: Our WWE champion is on a roll and Jericho might be in trouble come WrestleMania. But right now it’s time to celebrate because we are about to announce our first Hall of Fame inductee!

Jerry Lawler: I’ve been waiting all evening to find out who it is JR so let’s go ahead and roll the tape shall we?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=brkapppzd9E&feature=related

(Note: Credit goes to codyrhodesdotcom for this video)

Class of 2007 WWE Hall of Fame Inductee – “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes

After the video airs we head backstage to see Todd Grisham chasing down Chris Jericho.

Todd Grisham: Chris I’ve been told that Jonathan Coachman will not be able to appear here on Raw until after WrestleMania….

Chris Jericho: It’s that own assclown’s fault! (The crowd pops loudly)

Todd Grisham: Is there anything you want to say about it? I mean Mr. McMahon has said he is going to address the situation next week.

Chris Jericho: That’s next week Todd. Right now I’ve got a First Blood Match coming up against another assclown in Chuck Palumbo. We can talk about this later because I’ve got to go out there right now!

Jericho walks off, as Todd didn’t really get to ask what he wanted.

---Commercial---

Match #6
First Blood Match
Chris Jericho vs. Chuck Palumbo

Match Overview: Randy Orton stayed at ringside after his match to scout his opponent for WrestleMania. Palumbo gets oh so close to making Jericho bleed as Palumbo man handled Jericho for a bit during the match. Palumbo however stumbles big time after attempting a Running Powerslam before Jericho slid off the shoulders! Jericho was able to push Palumbo head first into the steel pole before dragging him to the outside of the ring. At this time Orton took notice and tried to interfere because Orton walked over grabbing a steel chair from ringside where Lilian Garcia is situated. Orton grabbed the chair going to swing it at Jericho but naturally he misses and hits Palumbo right in the face. The camera cuts over to show Palumbo is busted open! Palumbo is laying on the outside of the ring still as the referee comes over to see the blood and calls for the bell.

Winner: Chris Jericho

Orton dropped the chair the moment he hit Palumbo with it! The fans watch as Orton and Jericho stare one another down once more tonight. Orton thinks about striking Jericho but instead slowly backs up away from Jericho. Jericho has his hand raised on the outside as the fans are going nuts with these two just having had another confrontation.

Jim Ross: Well Chris Jericho picked up the win and it seemed Randy Orton wanted to do something about it to Jericho but wisely changed his mind.

Jerry Lawler: Indeed it was for the best and JR next week here on Raw is going to be one big show!

Jim Ross: Indeed it is because we’ve been told that our GM will not be able to return until after WrestleMania so what will Mr. McMahon have to say about this

The show ends with Jericho in the ring celebrating as Orton eyes Jericho with Orton’s eyes looking very sickening and disturbed.

Quick Results:

The Golden Standards def. Cryme Tyme in a Street Fight to retain the World Tag Team Championships
Victoria and Melina def. Mickie James and Maria in a Paddle on a Pole Match
Umaga def. Ryan Alstead, Chris Candetzky, and John Johnson in a 3 on 1 Handicap Match
Jeff Hardy def. Carlito in a Money in the Bank Steel Cage Qualifying Match
Randy Orton def. Roddy Piper in a Legend vs. Legend Killer Match
Chris Jericho def. Chuck Palumbo in a First Blood Match

----------

WWE WrestleMania 23
Sunday April 1, 2007
Miami, Florida
Official Theme Song: Ladies and Gentlemen by Saliva

World-Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. Shawn Michaels

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. Chris Jericho