Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WCW 2001- The Trio Ownership
View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Szumi
save_btb IC2.0 <3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WCW 2001- The Trio Ownership

The Rock to WCW!?

Quote:
~Saturday, May 26- 11:18 AM- There are several reports making rounds that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has signed with World Championship Wrestling! The Rock, as many know by now, is currently not with the World Wrestling Federation. The Rock left the company after Wrestlemania 17 in order to film “The Scorpion King”. Many thought that The Rock was simply on a leave from the WWF, but his contract did indeed expire. The Rock told Vince McMahon that he was done in the wrestling business, and wanted to make a career in the movie industry. However, many different wrestling websites have now reported that The Rock is not leaving the wrestling business at all, and has made an agreement to sign with World Championship Wrestling! Now, this information is just a rumor right now, although it could very well be true. If Rocky has indeed signed with WCW, he will not debut until August, as he still is filming “The Scorpion King”. This would be a huge signing for WCW, and this could be the star the company needs to be considered serious competition to the WWF again. More on the story as it develops!
WCW Monday Nitro Cancelled!?

Quote:
~Monday, May 28- 3:36 AM- Yes, you read the headline correctly; World Championship Wrestling flagship program Monday Nitro is cancelled! The USA Network has cancelled Monday Nitro effective immediately! Some have wondered if USA has the power to just up and cancel Nitro on short notice, but there was a clause in the contract that stated the USA Network had the right to cancel the show at any given point and time. This comes as a huge blow to WCW, who now are left without a television show just as the company seemed to be gaining momentum! Even worse for WCW, the company is a day removed from Slamboree, a PPV that could definitely be considered the company’s best PPV of the year! The USA Network will air the 80s comedy “Airplane!” starring Leslie Nielson and Lloyd Bridges in place of Monday Nitro tonight for those that care. World Championship Wrestling is a promotion that could definitely be filled with chaos right now, and we could all very well be seeing the end of WCW! Any form of an update on this huge announcement will be posted immediately!
OOC: Are you fucking kidding me!? Nitro gets cancelled by the USA after only 3 shows? And to make it worse, WCW is coming right off of a PPV and the return of their biggest star, Goldberg! Yeah, I’m pissed! But hey, that is the wrestling business for you, and it certainly creates a lot of turmoil in the company. And I can promise you this, Nitro being cancelled is only the beginning of the company’s woes!

When An Empire Falls - The Tale of World Championship Wrestling
Szumi's back, but not in black - back in BTB! And yeah, I know, he's doing WCW again - so unoriginal.

My Awards:
2008 - Best PPV - Starrcade
2008, 2007, & 2006 - Best Promo Writer
2007 & 2006 - Best Promo(s)
2007 - Most Creative
2007 - Best Feedbacker
2006 & 2007 BTB World Cup - Top Overall Scorer
2007 BTB World Cup - Booker of the Tournament
Only Person to Ever Score Perfect Score in a Tournament
BTB Hall of Famer

World Championship Wrestling 2001 - The Trio Ownership
This was The Trio Ownership; I did it a long time ago, for a long time. T'was a good ready, I think. People liked it and stuff.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome