Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WCW 2001- The Trio Ownership

View Single Post

Old 02-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Szumi
save_btb IC2.0 <3

Szumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missed
Default Re: WCW 2001- The Trio Ownership

March 26, 2001- Backstage Nitro- 2:18 PM

Bischoff has just walked into his office after meeting with the booking team and a few of the wrestlers, when he saw he had messages on his cell phone. Quickly, Bischoff decided to listen in.

The messages as Bischoff predicted were from the wrestlers and staff of WCW. He received calls from Billy Kidman, Brian Adams & Bryan Clarke, Crowbar, and Road Warrior Animal that they all were going to sign the new WCW contracts if Bischoff could find an owner. Alex Wright, Brian Knobbs, the Rhodesí, Jimmy Hart, MI Smooth, Reno, and Shawn Stasiak called to say they were going to either try and get into the WWF, or just didnít ever want to be apart of the WCW environment again. Dusty and Dustin Rhodes however, were already given contracts from the WWF to return so they could run a storyline together. Bischoff was satisfied with who said they would return, and was only disappointed in the loss of Dustin and Dusty Rhodes because they were going straight to the WWF. Bischoff let out a sigh, and left the room once again, to try to find Ric Flair and Steve Borden.

Bischoff searched and searched for Steve and Ric, but couldnít find either man. Bischoff searched for over 40 minutes when finally, ready to give up on finding Steve, he turned around to go back to his office, where he saw Ric Flair and Steve Borden walking up to him.

Eric Bischoff: Steve, Ric, just the men I wa-

Steve quickly cut Bischoff off.

Steve Borden: Eric, I donít know if you saw me at the meeting, and could read the ideas that were going through my mind, but Eric, before I go any further, did you get a backer since our last meeting?

Ric Flair: Of course he didnít Steve!

Bischoff: Steve, Ricís right, I havenít gotten a buyer yet; I donít think Iím going to be able to find one at all.

Bischoff looks right into Bordenís eyes, a look of plea, asking for help.

Borden: I think you know what I plan to do then. The idea popped into my mind when the three of us were talking before the meeting started yesterday. I planned on saying it then, but I didnít. Instead, I consulted the idea with Ric here, andÖ

Flair: We want to buy WCW. We want to restore the legacy we built in the NWA to WCW by being the owners.

Bischoff: Thatís all well and good, butÖ

Borden: But nothing Eric. The three of us can buy WCW, and run it back to greatness.

Bischoff and Flair: WHAT!?

Borden: Yes, the three of us. Ric, the two of us together donít know how to fully run a company. Yeah, we can book, but Eric knows how to do the other essential tasks as an owner.

Flair and Bischoff are both silent. Flair has a look of anger on his face, Bischoff a shocked look. Flair is pissed that Bischoff will still be running WCW, Bischoff shocked that heís involved in the plan.

Borden: Then itís settled; the three of us together will run WCW.

Flair: You hear that Bischoff? The three of us. Not just you, not just me, not just Steve, each and everyone of us. That means that you canít make decisions unless the three of us have talked about it together, and the decision has been agreed upon. You understand that asshole?

Bischoff: Yeah, I understand that Ric. The three of us all worked together to practically rebuild WCW from the bottom up to be a great promotion once again, where the three of us make decisions that are good for business, despite the relationships we have with each other and other people. Can you agree to that Ric?

Flair: Iím not the one who likes to screw around with peopleís lives Eric. My word is my bond, now if the same could actually be said for youÖ

Borden, realizing he is going to have to be the man-in-the-middle between the two, is quick to try and restore order.

Borden: Look guys, we have to be professionals and men here. If we want to make WCW great again, the three of us all have to work together, and let bygones be bygones. Now shake hands like professionals so we can move on with our lives and announce the new ownership to Ted Turner, WCW, and the world.

Flair and Bischoff look at Steve dumbfounded, but Bischoff puts his hand out to Ric to shake it. Ric quickly shakes Bischoffís hand, and released the shake.

Borden: Good, now letís see, it is now 3:26, the pre-show meeting starts in about a half an hour. Letís go there so we can announce the new partnership.

March 26, 2001- Pre-Nitro Meeting- 3:58 PM

All the staff and wrestlers of WCW were sitting down in chairs, as Eric Bischoff stood at the top of the room, Ric Flair on his left, Steve Borden on his right.

Eric Bischoff: Alright guys, most of you already know the run-down for tonight, if you donít, donít worry about it, the run-down will be on the white board in here for you to look at after the meeting.

Bischoff takes a deep breath, trying to hold in an ear-to-ear grin.

Bischoff: You see, the original intent on this meeting was to simply tell you the run-down of Night of the Champions, and say that this would be the last show we ever had as the company called World Championship Wrestling. But you see, all that changed about 30 minutes ago. These two legends next to me, have concocted a marvelous plan that has just saved WCW. So Steve, Ric, why donít you two make it official.

Flair: Boys, World Championship Wrestling as we know it has been changed for the better because Steve and IÖ

Borden: along with EricÖ

Flair: Öhave officially made it known to BischoffÖ

Borden: Öthat we are going to purchase WCW with Bischoff!

Bischoff: The three of are going to call Ted after Nitro to tell the old man that WCW isnít going to the WWF, but staying in the hands of three men who helped make it what is once was; the number one promotion in the world!

Thereís a round of applause and lots of hooting and hollering from the boys, as they are happy to hear the great news.

Bischoff: Now as you all know, I gave you all a new WCW contract yesterday, as well as a copy of your AOL Time-Warner contracts. So far, the following men have opted to sit-out the rest of their AOL-Time Warner contract and not be a part of the new WCW: Alex Wright, Brian Knobbs, Jimmy Hart, MI Smooth, and Shawn Stasiak. Dustin and Dusty Rhodes have already signed WWF Contracts, and Reno has decided to leave WCW in hopes of signing with the WWF. Although these men have decided to not stay in WCW, they are still welcome to compete tonight. However, Billy Kidman, Brian Adams, Bryan Clarke, Crowbar, and Road Warrior Animal have all already stated they would and have now signed new WCW contracts!

Another short round of applause for the men who already signed to WCW begins. Instead of Bischoff resuming talking, it is Steve Borden who does.

Borden: But now is not the time for anymore celebration. Now we need you all to decide: Are you staying with AOL-Time Warner, or are you truly WCW. You all should have your contracts with you. Think about what you want to do, and make the decision. Sign the WCW contract and give to one of us three, or hand Eric your AOL-Time Warner contract, heíll know that it means you want to sit out the contract and collect the loads of money that goes with it.

Flair: Boys, the choice is yours now. You donít have to make a decision yet, weíve decided to give you all another week to think about this since we now know for a fact WCW isnít going anywhere.

Bischoff: Alright ladies and gentleman, this meeting is over. You can now go about your business as you would any other Nitro show. Youíre all dismissed.

At these words, the staff and wrestlers rose out of their seats, many leaving in groups, discussing their option yet again. Some men however, went right up to Eric, Ric, and Steve and handed them a signed copy of a new WCW contract. Those men were: Air Paris, AJ Styles, Booker T, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Chris Kanyon, Chuck Palumbo, Diamond Dallas Page, Elix Skipper, Evan Karagias Hugh Morris, Jamie Knoble, Johnny The Bull, Kid Romeo, Lance Storm, Lash Leroux, Mark Jindrak, Mike Sanders, Sean OíHaire, Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Yang, Arn Anderson, Billy Silverman, Charles Robinson, Mike Rotunda, Mike Tenay, Nick Patrick, and Senior Official Randy Anderson.

All in all, the three men were pleased with the sudden burst of signees, but were not surprised by many. Many of the wrestlers who already signed were the young, talented cruiserweights, or longtime veterans of WCW. The same went with the staff; they were either veterans of WCW, or were up and coming at their respective positions. Soon enough, everyone cleared out of the meeting, time past, and Night of the Champions went down without a problem. The results went as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night of Champions Results
~The show opens up with a video montage of all the former WCW World Heavyweight Champions, with men like Ric Flair, Sting, and DDP being highlighted upon the most. Some former WCW World Champions such as Vince Russo, David Arquette, Chris Benoit, Vader, and Bret Hart werenít even included.

~Booker T defeated Scott Steiner in a Champion vs. Champion Match with a Book End. Booker T now holds both the United States and World Heavyweight Championships.

~Filthy Animals (Rey Misterio Jr. & Billy Kidman) defeated Yung Dragons (Yang & Hayashi) and 3 Count (Moore & Karagias) when Misterio pinned Moore to advance into a match against Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo for the Cruiserweight Tag Team Belts.

~Shane Helms defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr. to retain his WCW Cruiserweight Championship after hitting a Vertebreaker.

~Sean OíHaire & Chuck Palumbo defeated Team Canada (Mike Awesome & Lance Storm) to retain the WCW World Tag Team Championship after OíHaire pinned Awesome with a Seanton Bomb.

~Shawn Stasiak defeated Bam Bam Bigelow with a neckbreaker

~Filthy Animals (Kidman & Misterio) defeated Team Canada (Skipper & Romeo) to win the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship after Kidman pinned Skipper with the Kid Krusher.

~Sting defeated Ric Flair with the Scorpion Deathlock

~Ric Flair and Sting hugged and celebrated in the ring, and the two cut a promo saying that the legends of WCW werenít just going to let WCW die, and that WCW wasnít going to die anytime soon. Flair took shots at Vince McMahon, Ted Turner, and TNT, and said that although TNT and Turner were kicking Nitro off the air, WCW would be back better than ever sooner or later, and to check wcw.com for updates. The show ended with Flair and Sting celebrating with the crowd, as announcers Tony Schiavone, Scott Hudson, and Mike Tenay all plug WCW.com, and to have fans visit WCW.com daily to check for updates on when WCW will be back.