Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2007: Unleash the Fury
View Single Post
post #1050 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
KOP
is better than you!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WWE Unleash the Fury

WWE.com News and Notes

"ECW is Back!" Those three words were muttered by Paul Heyman announced the formal return of ECW this past Monday on Raw. Heyman brought a few ECW superstars with him to Raw this week to the disdain of the WWE Champion Randy Orton. Now to update on the ECW situation, we here at WWE.com can confirm that ECW already has sixteen superstars on their roster. These superstars in alphabetical order are: Al Snow, Balls Mahoney, CW Anderson, Danny Doring, Justin Credible, Juventud, Nunzio, Psicosis, Roadkill, Sabu, Sandman, Stevie Richards, Super Crazy, Tajiri, Tony Mamaluke, and Tommy Dreamer. Most notable of these superstars are the fact that Juventud, Tajiri, and Tony Mamaluke have all been resigned by WWE. Also making moves from Raw and Smackdown to ECW were The Mexicools, Nunzio, Sabu, and Stevie Richards.

In the process of the ECW roster being signed, Smackdown lost four superstars. Smackdown's roster has been cut down but there will be a few debuts soon.

In addition to ECW coming back, we can confirm that Mr. McMahon has announced that Paul Heyman has the rights to select one superstar from Raw and one from Smackdown. However Mr. Heyman cannot pick a champion and Mr. Heyman will be able to reveal his picks on the first ECW which will air on Sci-Fi on Tuesday January 30 at 10/9 CT.

We can confirm that a Draft will take place this year after last year's "Open Season" Smackdown's roster has taken a major shaft so far but that looks to all be fixed come the Draft. Most likely the Draft will end up taking place in some time between April and June. It has been rumored that this could be the biggest draft in WWE history.

Plans are being thrown around for WrestleMania 23 and they have just changed a bit due to the fact that ECW is officially back now. It was kept very quiet backstage about this but now it has changed a few plans. However this does not change the fact that there will still be 10 matches at WrestleMania most likely unless something comes up.

Looking at the Raw side of things heading into WrestleMania, their card is pretty much set. The main thing though is concerning what Smackdown will offer at 'Mania in one of their lower card matches. However the biggest problem occurs in what ECW is going to do. There are all types of rumors going around for this match but nothing is set yet. It seems a plan won't be set until maybe after Royal Rumble or possibly No Way Out.

Finally to close out about ECW, it is going to be used as a mixture of breeding grounds/extreme hardcore action. It seems that most superstars that aren't ECW originals that get sent to ECW will get shipped off to bigger and better things after their run on ECW that way to not interfere too much with the purpose of ECW.

Many names are being considering for the winner of the Royal Rumble and a winner has been picked. However there are two people that could win it and anything is possible. It seems though that most likely the person that has been selected will end up winning the match.

----------------------

Ok, needed to get that bit up about ECW. Here is the plan for ECW. It's been planned for nearly a year or so but I held it back. I had planned for entering it after I did One Night Stand II last year but held it off. Either way once it debuts I'm going to simply just recap promos (since there aren't many) and just do matches as normal and post it with Smackdown. It's only a one hour show and it won't take as much work so I'm really looking forward to it.

Ok look for the Raw Preview up Thursday or Friday and Raw up this weekend maybe. Until then, I'll be trying to dish out reviews.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome