Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2007: Unleash the Fury
View Single Post
post #1044 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
KOP
is better than you!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WWE Unleash the Fury

Gerweck.net News and Notes

WWE has announced that the official theme song for the Royal Rumble will be "Drones" by Rise Against. This is the first time WWE has used a song from the band Rise Against. WWE once again wants to thank Rise Against for the use of their song "Drones"

Plans are being thrown around for No Way Out which is going to be an inter-promotional PPV. Currently there are no plans for a title match but most champions will be on the show and in matches. WWE is looking at No Way Out now as more of a buildup to WrestleMania than ever before and feels that they don't need a few rushed title matches. There is the possibility of one or two lower card title matches but nothing has been confirmed.

WWE has been in talks with former ECW wrestlers The Sandman, Balls Mahoney, Justin Credible, and many others. WWE already has a few former ECW wrestlers on roster such as RVD, Sabu, Stevie Richards, the Mexicools, etc. However the feeling is that if RVD goes to ECW it won't be for very long as they feel he is "too" big of a star to be on ECW now. Of course this all depends on what is decided with ECW and if it comes back after 'Mania or not.

WWE is very excited for the future of Smackdown as they have many top stars over on the roster right now and many young up and comers. Management is certainly happy with CM Punk, Kenny Dykstra, and the Cruiserweights. The cruiserweights have been getting pushed for nearly a year now despite Noble having a stranglehold on the title for that year.

Speaking of cruiserweights, WWE is hoping to put them in a big feud leading into WrestleMania. Nothing is confirmed but WWE wants to reward a few of the Cruisers for their high risk style and put them on the big show.

At this past weekend's house shows, Raw had one superstar qualify for the Royal Rumble in Umaga. Smackdown had Mark Henry and Kenny Dykstra join the fray. Now this brings the total count up to 6 with Raw having 3 so far and Smackdown 3 as well.

Apparently the Randy Orton/Edge thing on Smackdown this week was a one off thing and nothing is expected to become of it.

In an update on the JBL/Theodore Long situation, Long has been expressing his feelings to "step down" as JBL's assistant on screen for a while and possibly become a manager in the near future. Nothing is certain as of right now but Long feels he can do better as a manager role as he has done in the past before with many a superstars.

The plan all along has been for Angle to win the Battle Royal. Angle is without a doubt the biggest face on Smackdown right now. Now that this will be their third match, Creative feels Edge and Angle can work something special come the Royal Rumble in the I Quit Match which hasn't been seen in WWE in a few years.

There are rumors going around that if ECW does indeed come back that WWE might end up bringing a few lower mid-carders back that they released. A few names are being thrown around that could be contacted to come back but nothing has been announced for sure.

Expect a new WrestleMania 23 video in the near upcoming weeks.

------------------------------------

WWE Royal Rumble
Sunday January 28, 2007
San Antonio, Texas

The Royal Rumble Match - Winner Earns Title Shot at WrestleMania 23
Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Kane, Mark Henry, Kenny Dykstra

WWE Championship Match
Randy Orton (c) vs. Rob Van Dam

World-Heavyweight Championship Match
I Quit Match
Edge (c) vs. Kurt Angle

Ok thought I'd get a bit of news up before I post the Raw preview most likely either tomorrow or Thursday. Um, I've got a few reviews I need to do now in LegendofBaseball, Legend, PARANoIR, Reney, and kid. I'll work on those very soon whenever I get a chance but I'll be away for this weekend for a bit. So please bare with me. Anyways look for Raw maybe before the weekend is here.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome