Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2007: Unleash the Fury
View Single Post
post #615 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Rated_RLegendKilla
Rated RKO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WWE Unleash the Fury

King of Pain V.1’s Monday Night Raw -- Review

Highlight Reel with Shawn Michaels: Good opening promo. It was fairly short, but just enough time to get both men in character and build up the feud. Sweet Chin Music to Jericho was obviously coming, so that wasn’t anything big but still a good promo. Jericho was in character, but I didn’t really feel Shawn Michaels that much. 3/5

Gregory Helms vs. Shelton Benjamin: A decent match, but that is all I can give it. For an overview it was pretty weak as you had very few spots. You should have shown more momentum swing both ways but the ending was typical Helms. Using the ropes for the pin, could we be seeing a rematch between these two in the future? 3.5/5

Cena promo: He was in great character; could this be an opening to some sort of challenge? The champ seems pretty cocky here so perhaps he will put up or shut up…for good. I liked this promo, it was short, simple, and opened up a lot of possibilities. 4/5

Jeff Hardy Promo: Short, but all it was for was to build hype for the return of Hardy. Well done. 4/5

The Highlanders vs. The Spirit Squad: Good match, I knew it was going to be a dominant match by the Spirit Squad. It was a bit confusing as Kenny was going for the leg drop but I understood it nonetheless. The Highlanders winning was a good ending. 3/5

Triple H/Vince Promo: Good promo, Triple H definitely wants that title back, and from the sounds of it he’s going to get it soon. Vince and Triple H are definitely working on the same page. Vince didn’t say much, but Triple H was completely out of character, sorry to say. 2.5/5

Matt Striker Promo: Definitely built up some good heat for Striker. Everything he said was booed, and he was also in character. This promo built up good heat in the Striker/Test vs. Carlito feud. Also nice play on words with test you cannot pass you can only fail. 4/5

Mickie James vs. Torrie Wilson: Definitely did well in putting Mickie over, also building her feud with Beth Phoenix in the end. I think that this could be an incredible feud over the Women’s Championship. Beth has her back up, so will Mickie James get hers? 3/5

Carlito Promo: Too simple here, no real strong feud building. The threeway feud going on between Test Striker and Carlito is quite interesting.

Carlito vs. Test: Striker tried to interfere but Carlito outsmarts both Test and Matt Striker which was very cool. Also the ending was back and forth until Carlito was able to sneak out of Tests pump handle slam and hit the backcracker. Perfect ending, great match! 4/5

RVD pre-match promo w/ Paul Heyman
: A neat little promo building up to the match and not even announcing his partner until the match begins. RVD was in character, as was Heyman. 3.5/5

RVD & Sabu vs. Triple H & Kane: Incredible back and forth action. I truly thought RVD would be able to pick up the victory until the turning point Spine Buster from Triple H. Triple H winning definitely seems to build up his feud with RVD and his desire to retain the WWE Championship. Great match, great finish. 4.5/5

McMahon’s big announcement: Triple H vs. RVD for the title! Even in RVD’s playground! Wow what an announcement this was!! 4/5

Mechanics: 5/5 No mistakes, even ran it through Word

Realism: 4/5 I don’t think that the Highlanders should have won, but it was good. If this were written in full it would still be too short as there were too few, and too short promos.

Overall- 7.5/10 Good Job, hope my review helped.

Check out my BTB, WWE: Revamped. First RAW is up if you care to review: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/showth...=297545&page=2

Rep for Rep

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome