Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

View Single Post

Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #160 (permalink)
Seb
SMILEY GOD

Seb was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendSeb was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendSeb was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendSeb was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendSeb was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendSeb was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendSeb was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendSeb was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendSeb was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendSeb was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendSeb was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: Wrestling Sections = Ridiculous and full of dried up cum

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikstans07 View Post
This. Thank you. Guys in the independents turn down WWE or TNA contracts, or opt out of them, left and right, because they don't want to be made into "superstars", they want to be WRESTLERS.

Sure, they'll wrestle a dark match or two once in a while for WWE for the payday, but that's it. I can respect a guy from the indies that goes to WWE or TNA, because they want/need to make more money. Money's always good. But when a guy stays in the indies because they love the SPORT of professional wrestling and not the BUSINESS of professional wrestling, you have to respect that.
I highly doubt Independant wrestlers earning piss poor money opt out of mainstream contracts left, right and centre. They probably don't get offered contracts in the first place because Vince knows they wouldn't draw a dime.

There is no 'sport' in professional wrestling. Sport is competitive. Wrestling isn't. Results are pre-determined. It's just a form of entertainment. It's a BUSINESS.

Quote:
Yeah, he drew money, but he also loves the sport of professional wrestling and that's why he did it. Who do you think draws the money that the independent promotions bring in? The guys that go out there and wrestle and put on good matches. Ric was one of those guys back in the day, when there wasn't a lot of money floating around the wrestling world.
So John Cena doesn't love the business then? He's arguably the most passionate wrestler in the company and he is without a shadow of a doubt the most hard working.

Quote:
This is getting unbearable, I wish I could help you guys realize that wrestling is not just a business. Sports Entertainment is a business. WWE is Sports Entertainment with wrestling on the side.
Wrestling is 'just' a business. Yeah, you're supposed to be entertained by it, that's what draws you in to watch it in the first place, but the only thing that really matters to Vince McMahon and all the other promoters out there is making money.

Quote:
Example: You were supposed to get Triple H vs. Randy Orton & Ted DiBiase (which has sports entertainment written all over it) last week on RAW, instead there was no match and you saw Triple H handcuffed to a rope while Randy Orton DDT'd and kissed Stephanie. The fans are totally fucked out of a main event. First, a WRESTLING show would rarely have a handicap match, let alone have one as the main event of it's show. Second, even if they did, they'd actually have the match and try to make it a good one. Lastly, I hope you get your ass kicked by some wrestler one day.
That's called storyline development. You know (well clearly you don't), building a feud. It's just a week or two before Wrestlemania and they did a perfect job of putting Orton as a sadistic and merciless wanker. Your elitist views that WWE isn't a wrestling show is laughable. Just because you may or may not like the product, doesn't mean it isn't wrestling.