Wrestling Forum banner

Paul Heyman's WAPW

23K views 127 replies 32 participants last post by  Jon Staley 
#1 · (Edited)

Current Champions -
WAPW Champion - MVP
WAPW North American Champion - Elijah Burke
WAPW Tag-Team Champions - Gen Ex (Strong & Aries)
WAPW Cruiserweight Champion - Teddy Hart
WAPW Hardcore Champion - Jamie Noble

1/4 The Dream: Heading into 2009 Paul Heyman resided in his small house in Edgemont, New York. No longer tied down to WWE, Heyman tried to pursue a position in Wrestling again when he joined a consortium which looked to buy out Ring Of Honor. Though the initial bid to buy ROH failed Heyman realized that he still had ‘the itch’ to get back into wrestling on a mainstream level. Knowing that he couldn’t make this on his own financially – he enlisted the help of close friend John Maynard. Maynard was a wealthy man, but between the two of them they still didn’t have the financial resources at their disposal as WWE and TNA did. Through their many contacts, they came into touch with a multi-millionaire car-manufacture supremo Michael Morton, who by chance was a long-time follower of the wrestling business. Knowing they had a tough task on their hands to persuade him the join their pact and invest his many millions into the company, Heyman drew up plans of how the Promotion, World Alliance of Professional Wrestling (WAPW), was going to function and how Morton and Maynard would fit into the plans. And by mid-January 2009, paper-work was signed, sealed and as Vince McMahon was soon to find out – delivered...

2/4Paul Heyman was back in the saddle and along with Morton and Maynard, this time he was on equal financial footing as World Wrestling Entertainment. However, Paul needed to contain the news, at least for the time being. The wrestling world would have to wait until it was made official. Amidst the contract negotiations and financial deals which Paul was in charge of, Maynard secured a primetime television slot – 2 hours, every Wednesday from 8-10pm on ‘FX’. The venue for the first show was also set – they would be airing from out of Nashville at the Von Braun Center. For years Paul was referred to as a greasy, wily, slime-ball who was willing to stoop to any level to make a success of his promotion, and he was about to show Vince McMahon and Jeff Jarrett that he still had a trick or two up his sleeve.

3/4 The Plan: Things couldn’t have fallen into place better if Paul had asked – one week in late December WWE was hosting Raw and Smackdown tapings from New York. The other week, TNA were hosting a live event in the same vicinity. Paul saw an opening, and asked innocently for permission to go backstage and catch up with old friends with both promotions. Unbeknowingly – Vince and Jeff accepted the offer. Before he knew it, he was talking to some of the biggest names in the industry – Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, MVP and Rey Mysterio about how it was going contractually and if they would consider jumping ship. Heyman was shot down by some but with a lot of others he scheduled further talks. Mere days later Paul Heyman, Michael Morton and John Maynard sat twenty more than twenty TNA and WWE stars down and discussed contracts and compensation. The contractual issues were smooth sailing as most of the prospective signings were keen to jump ship at the first opportunity. By the turn of the new year, the talent was amidst being acquired. The ones poached from WWE and TNA had the remainder of their contracts bought out, as well as substantial compensation fees. Vince McMahon and Jeff Jarrett were said to be furious at the ‘audacity’ of Paul Heyman and his rebel-group.

4/4 The Assembly: The first major signing for World Alliance Professional Wrestling was WWE’s MVP. He joined on a three year deal where he would earn roughly a little more than he would in WWE. He was directly quoted as saying the ‘travel had a lot to do with his decision’. He was followed just 3 days later by an enthusiastic Rey Mysterio who cited he was losing his passion in WWE. Morton was writing big cheques and getting some of the biggest names in North-America. Chronologically, Ken Kennedy was the next to move from Smackdown signing a lucrative contract on the 19th of January. WAPW’s raid on WWE was almost complete, with Raw’s duo of Shad and JTG – Cryme Tyme signing one year deals!

TNA was not exempt. Heyman had made headline-stealing moves for both Kurt Angle and AJ Styles. Both of who rejected the big money defections and stayed loyal to TNA. They couldn’t however spare Christian Cage from leaving. With not long left on his contract he signed on new year’s day. A tandem with a short period of time left on their contracts – Team 3D. Heyman held talks with them and agreed in principal for them to sign with him. Alex Shelley and Lance Hoyt headed off a list of defecting talent, with hefty compensation having to be paid for Alex in particular.

The signings of WWE and TNA stars made waves across the globe – the wresting world was in awe. However arguably the biggest prospective signing of them all was the signing of a free-agent. A former World Champion in WWE, and a former World Champion of WCW – but officially he hasn’t been named! Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Goldberg were all heavily linked with joining WAPW.

World talent was also being plucked, with Mexico’s exciting talent Mistico joining WAPW to compete in the Cruiserweight Division. Jack Evans was signed from the independents, as was former WWE developmental talent Teddy Hart. Two of ROH’S kingpins were signed in Austin Aries and Roderick Strong, as well as the Amazing Red and the Briscoe Brothers.

See less See more
#109 ·
Re: Paul Heyman's World Alliance of Professional Wrestling!

Full Throttle Feedback

Well, I may have taken awhile, but I’m finally dropping by with a review.

First thing that I don’t like is the absence of announcers actually hyping the event off, rather you just saying they do. Writing your Pay-Per-Views in recap is the opposite to what most people who use recap do, with them writing their weekly shows in recap, then the Pay-Per-Views in full. I’m not saying the matches have to be in full, but you’d probably be better off writing your Pay-Per-Views like your weekly shows , just with slightly longer matches.

I don’t know about opening with this tag match. You yourself have said during Hazard that neither team is very over, while I think the opener should give the crowd some people they like to get behind. I think you would’ve been better off with the cruiserweights personally. Besides that, there’s really nothing to comment on with this match, because all you really told us was that Jay won with the Jay-Driller. Seems a bit lazy that you’ve only given us that much detail, to be honest. I don’t like The Briscoes jumping The Natural Franchise after the match either, since they’re the faces, and it makes them look like dickheads. Not a great start, to be honest.

Nice to see an explanation as to why Albright disappeared off the face of the planet. :p I kinda think you’re overdoing the injuries, as you seem to have at least one hitting your roster every week, which is a bit much imo. A dropkick from Albright? Not really his type of move as he’s not a finesse type of guy. Albright picking up the win is fine, as it puts him back on the map, while you’ve continued Doane’s character along alright. Not sure about the aftermath on Doane’s part, as separating him from Roberts at this point would do him more harm than good. Hopefully you don’t go down the route of separating them.

This is the match that probably should have gone on first, as it is definitely the most exciting. While it seemed okay, there needed to be more action detailed (as there has needed to be in all of the matches so far), and you need to use spell check, because there were a lot of typos in this match that could have been corrected so easily. The ending to the match was pretty good though, and I’m glad to see you gave these guys some good time. The cruiserweights fell off the map in the past month a bit, so hopefully this signals a resurgence.

Haven’t been a big fan of this feud between Kennedy and Abyss, however, Kenny going after Abyss aggressively right from the start was a good beginning. The match itself was short, and didn’t seem really interesting tbh. If you run with Kennedy being actually injured (which I fear you will), you’ll be once again taking away from your roster unnecessarily.

Good to see the build for the debuting gothic leader coming.

The fact that you’re telling us how good Shelley vs Rey was while not giving us any of the action throughout is a bit of a copout. Surely some counters and moves could have been detailed. Shelley’s sudden recover from being draped across the ropes kinda seems like there wasn’t enough selling, and well, the referee just plain missing the low blow is a dodgy move. I think the name of the move you were looking for with the finish from Shelley was a crucifix. As for the Mistico/Mysterio error, hopefully this will lead to Rey vs Mistico down the line. If not, the finish was a bit pointless.

Having Gen Ex ask Kingston if he would sell out on 3D kinda ruins the swerve as it makes it expected, and well, I think it’d probably be better if they hadn’t made the offer on camera. Nice excuse for you forgetting about them last week too. :p Nice to see you actually detailing some spots here, with the Bubba Bomb spot onto the sandwiched Roddy looking sick. Not sure on how well Eddie Kingston fits in with Gen Ex, however I’ll see how it goes.

Again, a feud that you know I haven’t been too keen on, as it leaves a sour taste in the reader’s mouth no matter what the outcome was ever going to be imo. Burke jumping his bigger opponent early was a smart idea, though a bit repetitive since Kennedy had just done that to Abyss. Goldberg hitting the Spear that looks deadly, only for Burke to be running around not long after is a bit off. Burke having to use cheap tactics to get momentum makes sense, but the lead-up to that really didn’t. Burke dominated until the six minute mark? That’s about five minutes of complete and utter dominance from Burke, which I don’t like, especially since there no mention of a focus from Burke. If he was working over the leg of ‘Berg it’d be better, but with no focus, it just doesn’t go along with the psychology of a Goldberg match. Burke being able to get his feet on the ropes twice in a row also makes Goldberg seem like a moron, if anything. After making the mistake once, you’d think Goldberg would be smart enough to move Burke away from the ropes. The finish was extremely screwy, which is unfortunate considering the last match also ended with a screwjob. This match was never really going to benefit anyone, so I don’t really know wh you went with this feud.

I know it’s a small thing, but the title of the main event said North American Title. Just makes me feel this was rushed. Saying both men started off apprehensively only to then say Christian went for the Unprettier just two minutes in (thus at the beginning) was a bit contradictory, though it’s good to see you making the match exciting. Rourke jumping the barrier to make the count doesn’t make any sense really, as he doesn’t have any authority to do so. Seems much too similar to Sharmell making the count for Booker vs Joe last year at Victory Road. Rourke turning heel should be a big thing, but imo, it really isn’t. We’re already seen a heel turn and we’ve already seen quite a few screwy finishes tonight. Another one happening here is making this seem much too TNA-esque.

Overall, this certainly wasn’t your best work. I don’t know, but all of the screwy finishes seemed like too much. You went way overboard with it, and it just made the event seem a bit crappy. I know you struggled writing this, but it also seemed just slapped together as well, with it not meaning as much as your weekly shows, which I disagree with since this is the culmination of all your weekly shows. Hopefully you can pick up after this event, though at the moment, things seem to have stalled.

#110 ·

Thank you for the feedback recieved for Ful Throttle. WAPW has been a long-term project of mine ever since January, and I'm happy I've got to eight TV-shows. I've had great fun concocting different storylines for everyone on the roster, from guys like MVP all the way down to Colt Cabana. I've probably thought too far ahead, which is hindering me in the short-term. It's really hard right now to just get down to writing, which is really annoying for me. By no means am I quitting, but I'm going to be evaluating things some more.

Thanks, Jon.

#112 ·

Thank you for the feedback recieved for Ful Throttle. WAPW has been a long-term project of mine ever since January, and I'm happy I've got to eight TV-shows. I've had great fun concocting different storylines for everyone on the roster, from guys like MVP all the way down to Colt Cabana. I've probably thought too far ahead, which is hindering me in the short-term. It's really hard right now to just get down to writing, which is really annoying for me. By no means am I quitting, but I'm going to be evaluating things some more.

Thanks, Jon.
I know how you feel, it's a bit of a bitch when that happens. It happened to me multiple times when I was writing EPW and it's taught me to try not to plan overly far ahead with my current thread.

#115 ·

Power's Review Of Stojy's Review...

“He hurries himself down into the ring, receiving a microphone, looking at MVP before then setting his sight on ‘Berg.” Okay, first query, when the hell did MVP come out? I haven’t heard anything about him yet, and this just seems like a clumsy, lazy mistake. If this is the case, you must proof read. Also, with Goldberg so angry, do you really think that Heyman would just walk straight into the ring? I’m pretty sure he’d wait at the entrance ramp. Sorry, but little things like this count, imo. The rest of Heyman was pretty good, however I don’t understand why when Heyman said next week, Goldberg didn’t get mad again. He doesn’t seem like the patient type to me.

MVP was one of apparently many typo's. I've been having computer troubles for the last year or so and thus it's really hard for me to write these days. My 'laptop' needs a monitor to be classified as usable, due to the screen being completely boned. Such errors will be eradicated in the next show.

Before I start reading the opening contest, I’d just like to add that I love the fact that Doane has dumped Roberts, I can really see him going far now. Nice win for Albright, thanks to a Roberts incidental distraction? Either way, good start to the in ring action, and I’m interested to see just whether Roberts continues to pursue Doane, and just what happens. It looks like an explosive situation in the making. Another thing I’m curious about is I wonder exactly what is going to happen to Albright. He has got an impressive win, and I truly believe there should be gold in his future.

Due to Doane and Roberts both having volatile personalities there's trouble going down at the moment. Doane is too stubborn to listen to his mentors advice and as a young man, puts his recent losses down to Roberts. I can tell you that there's a more to come from them as a duo, and a lot more to come from 'Anti Saint' Ken Doane.

Nice argument between Heyman and MVP, absolutely nothing wrong with the way the thing was written, and from this it looks like you’re trying to build some conflict between MVP and Burke. I loved Burke’s reply to MVP, and it’ll be interesting to see just where this heads, but it seems as if you’re trying to stack the odds against MVP, and I get the feeling he is going to have a JBL type championship reign.

MVP's certainly got 'the cabinet' in place, but twelve months would be a bit extreme. :p

Jay and Mark Briscoe did not need to be mentioned here, don’t try and move some things to fast.

Yeah, you're probably right. Fear not though, for they aren't in the title contention just yet. Just wanted it known that another team was watching over. The UK are also, so that's two teams who want to be next for title shots.

Just by looking at this video package I can see big things in store for Brian Danielson, and why not? Is it not Bryan Danielson though? I’m not to sure myself now. :$ Anyway, check the spelling, and then have him own in this thread.

I'm going to try my best to treat him like a big deal from the start. There's no point in me building him up as a nobody so I'm going to drop him in the upper-midcard and start from there. He won't be in any hit and runs any time soon, so he'll be establishing himself on his wrestling ability for now.

Hmm, New Brood? If so, you’ve got some work to do, as teams with the word new in it never really work.

I don't remember refering to them as the New Brood. :confused: Nevermind. ;)

Sugar Lances speech bored me, it seemed to have no use what so ever, and this is exactly the opposite to what a created fed should be heading towards.

That was totally only there to benefit Azrael's segment. I'm pretty ashamed of that promo with Lance and his ring-girls but it's hardly a big feud or anything.

Nice win here by The UK, they were the only option, as I really don’t like the team of Douglas and Stevens all that much. Looks like another team want a crack at the tag division, and is it weird that I find your tag division to be the most exciting of your whole thread?

Lol, not at all. :) Glad you do.

Ugh, I didn’t like the way Burke had changed his tune from earlier in the program. Earlier in the show, things were looking exciting for MVP, now they are looking dull, and it looks as if it could just be a normal two on two feud. “I’m no veteran, and I’m no WAPW World Champ, but aside from MVP – I’m the best thing going today.” With this line being said right here, can you explain to me just why they were arguing earlier in the show? I really think you’ve dropped the ball with this one, and I feel as if your whole main event scene just dropped a level in excitement.

After mulling over for it for the better part of an hour he came to his MVP-loving senses. I'll admit I dropped the ball a little with their feud and I'll look to address it and improve it considerably in the next show.

Awesome, main event by the sounds of it. Probably could have been written out a little better, but I got the picture that it was an epic match anyway so it didn’t really matter. Big win for Mistico in his home town as well.

Yeah, there's only so much a half-assed recap can do. Luckily, with two guys like Mistico and Alex, anything less than pretty good would be probably be impossible. I'm not a good writer or match-recaps, but at this time, PPV's as well, it's the best for me as it keeps me writing as a whole.

Good for Rey Rey to after the match get a bit over on his rival, Shelley. This just adds some fuel to the fire, and makes me look forward to what else will happen between these guys in the coming weeks.

I can tell you that Rey is 'real life' injured for the time being, so his pal Mistico will fight for his honour until he returns. Gotta love killing off some of my top stars (Kennedy, Rey, London for a couple months).

Anyways man, thanks a hell of a lot for the review. There's a lot of things that you've brought to my attention that need to be improved, which I'm grateful for. Also, It was something like 22 pages on Word, and I appreciate that it will have taken a while to review, so for that, and for generally being awesomes, thnx.

#117 ·

Hazard Feedback​

Sup? Good to see you back. Now no more sabbaticals plz.

A recap video to start us off was much needed, tbh. Good to see it, since it’s been that long since between shows. :p

Intense start, with Styles and Striker not even getting to go through their little bit. As I said, I don’t like the way this angle has gone, as it really can’t benefit anyone. Was hoping you’d have dropped the title part of it after the Pay-Per-View, but I see that isn’t so. The ‘Berg wasn’t too bad here, as you showed intensity, which is what makes Goldberg good. It was actually pretty good, imo. Heyman playing the good guy was alright, nothing wrong with him either. Christian Cage coming out took away from the intensity of Goldberg and kinda shifts the limelight a bit too far away from him, imo. I would have preferred to have maybe seen this close the show. What he said was all alright, reasonably in character with a bit of fun mixed in with the serious Christian. Heyman giving neither man a match for now, really getting angry; heel turn coming, perhaps? Seems like a sign to me. Promo had a hit a wall at this point with not much more you could do, so I’m glad MVP is getting involved. MVP was alright, though rather than him saying he was good looking, you probably would have been better off having him spout off a line about how he’s highly paid or something. The little skank lines were pretty funny from Cage, though I’m not big on the main event for the next PPV. Idk, I don’t like tag matches with titles on the line too much, although I guess it provides a way to keep the gold on Burke, which is pretty smart. I just don’t generally think singles titles should be decided in tag matches. Anyway, as far as the whole promo goes, it was kinda up and down. It was solid throughout, though it picked up in a few places and dropped back down to that solid level again, if you know what I mean. Not bad, but nothing spectacular.

Pay-Per-View rematch does its job, as you keep Albright going on at a strong level, while also continuing the Doane/Roberts storyline. Not sure where you plan on going with it, but it’s going somewhere at least. As for Albright; don’t lose him in the shuffle this month, plz. The guy would make a good opponent for maybe Elijah Burke after ‘Berg, so keep him simmering along.

Místico vs Shelley? Smart main event for Arena Mexico.

Alright promo to keep the little tension between MVP and Burke going that you had start a few weeks back. Not liking the idea of the stable falling apart already, since it’s only been two months together, so hopefully this is just a swerve. The dialogue was alright, with MVP finally spouting off his catchphrases which probably should have been used earlier. Decent stuff.

First thing I notice is you making Kingston look kind of like he doesn’t fit in (at least that’s what it seems like). Hopefully you don’t have him just turn back, as that would be kind of boring. I think now you’ve made the decision to stick him into Gen Ex, it should stick. Anyway, your Aries promos have always been pretty good and this is no exception. You write him very well, getting his cockiness across in a great way. Kingston talking about how he still loved his family and stuff kinda pointed to him never fitting in with Gen Ex, and well, the idea of them using Kingston is one you don’t see too often, so well done on doing something different I guess. Kingston’s in an odd spot, as 3D obviously hate him too, with them 3D’ing him through the table showing that. It’ll be interesting to see your next move.

Danielson promo was interesting, though I should point out it’s spelt Bryan, obviously with the y. The only real problem I had was Danielson talking about how he would get better, only to say he was the complete athlete the next sentence, which kinda contradicts what he just said. He can’t be complete if he’ll continue to improve. Danielson’s epic, so I expect great things. You could throw him in the cruiser division like Para did and have some epic matches, or possibly throw him in there with Albright. Lots of options so I look forward to seeing what you do.

You captured Mitchell pretty well like always. Maybe a bit shorter this week, but I guess that’s because he had a match to follow. Only real complaint was Mitchell calling Kennedy Kenneth, as well, it sounded kinda dorky. Apart from that, a solid promo to say the least for Mitchell. As for Noble accepting the challenge, I’m kind of torn. I don’t like seeing champions job, but I also like the courage you’re having him show by putting his hand up, showcasing him well. The promo from Noble was probably a bit overdone in terms of Southerner mannerisms. Dang it? I’d rather not hear him say that. The aftermath of the match I think did a great job for both men and was an excellent idea. Showcasing both Noble’s fight and Abyss’ power and destruction well, you’ve put over the two key aspects of both performers in one segment here, which is great. Interested to see what you have next for both men, as I can’t see too much of a feud happening between the two.

I was questioning why you would waste time with such a segment until you had the hyped debut of Azrael interrupt the little catfight. Disappointed in the choice of Hero tbh, as he plays the cocky character to a tee, really getting under the skin of the fans well. Would really have preferred to have seen him come in as regular old Chris Hero. Having Hero interrupt Hoyt makes sense I guess, since this biblical figure wouldn’t approve of a thing such as catfights (which makes me wonder why you never mentioned it throughout the promo). The promo was kinda meh, as while the character was clear, I’m just not a big fan of the idea. I mean, Mordecai was a fail gimmick and it’s not that far off it, only with an actual good wrestler stuck in it. It seems like you can only do so much with the gimmick (with Azrael protesting against sinners), so I’m interested to see how long this can last. As for the challenges over the next three weeks, I guess it’s all well and good. Anything to get London back in the ring. Was hoping he’d be a permanent fixture in the cruiser division, but I guess not now he’s stuck in this. Prove me wrong with this faction and make it go places, plz.

I thought The Natural franchise made their official heel turn on The Briscoes? Guess not. This match served its purpose well, getting the other tag teams on the show, possibly creating a little feud for The Briscoes and The UK, as both teams want the gold. Good to see you continuing to push these teams to get them ‘more over’. Nice work.

Elijah backing down here made him kinda look like a bitch, tbh, though I’m glad it seems like all is well between Gen Ex. Breaking them apart this early would definitely be a mistake. Keep the gold on Elijah and push him up the card slowly, plz.

Well, I guess connecting 3D and Kingston back up was the best move since Eddie was in limbo here, and I liked that you emphasized that because they’re family and that they stick together and all that stuff. The attack from Gen Ex was pretty damn smart, keeping the feud going at an personal level, while showing that Gen Ex are desperate to get a shot in at 3D. Good segment.

Glad to see this in the main event in Mexico, and well, the use of Mysterio to introduce Místico in Spanish was pretty clever. The heelish entrance of Shelley was absolute gold too, so great work with that. He’s probably the character you use best, and it really showed there. I also want to say that’s it’s great to see you really show that this is the main event with a real write-up, much longer than the others and as such, making it seem more important (which it is as it’s the cherry on top of the show). The match was written pretty well, with Shelley playing the role of spoilsport throughout really well. Místico ultimately overcoming him and winning was definitely the right move in Mexico, and it was great to see it get some real time. Having Místico and Mysterio play it up to the crowd at the end was the right way to end.

Glad to see you back here with what I thought was a pretty good show. The promos were pretty good, the angles solid and the match writing stepped up this week. A smart way to finish the international show, this was probably one of the smarter booked shows you’ve had, coming off a Pay-Per-View that probably needed some good booking coming out of it. Good way to bounce back.

#124 ·
Swerve~!

I thought for sure you were going with TNA, especially after telling me you were lol

But I cant be mad at you for this because this was one of my favorite when you had it running and I cant wait till you get back in the swing of things and get this show on the road, the notes were good and I'm glad your stickin to this for now Jon.

#127 ·
- The UK (Nigel McGuiness & Shamus O'Shaunessy) vs. The Natural Franchise (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas)!
- Abyss Lays Down An Open Challenge!
- Sugar Daddy Lance vs. ‘Anti Saint’ Ken Doane!
- WAPW Cruiserweight Champion Teddy Hart vs. Pac!
- Christian vs. WAPW North American Champion Elijah Burke!

#2 ·

Shame, nobody has posted in your thread yet - Time for me to capitalise.

About time you got this thread up, it's been a long time coming and it's very well presented thus far, so good luck with it, don't screw it up.

#3 ·

I've been noticing the advertisements in the advertisement thread for a while now. It all sounded intriguing so I decided to check it out.

It's a good start thus far. I have a bit of a qualm with the roster, but that's only because I'm sometimes a sucker for realism. However, realism is allowed to be shattered in BTB. In terms of who's on the roster, I'm a fan of most of the names so this should be fun.

I wish you all the luck in the world, and I'll be following.

#9 ·

WAPW Pay-Per-View Schedule

January - Wreckless Intent

February - Battle Lines

March - Full Throttle

April - Uprising

May - Scars and Stripes

June - Big City Nights

July - Supremacy

August - Paradise City

September - Extreme Warfare

October - Hell Bound

November - Call of the Wild

December - Danger Zone

#10 ·

I like the names for the PPV events.

You're progressing nicely with this. It's great that you're just getting started with a created fed, as am I. Will be interesting to see how different things will be in this company.

Looking forward to the first show Power. I'll be reading and leaving a few of my thoughts.

#15 ·

Bookers Note - Hola! Just to let everybody know that I'm extremely grateful for all the support and what-not - it really helps. There's been a technical hitch - in that I couldn't make it onto a laptop last night so I have to try and finish it all tonight. It shouldn't be too hard or time-consuming as it's just the final promo, and then the main-event in an extended recap. Would be great to get some reviews, which will all be gratiously retured, though all things considered I haven't been actively writing BTB for the best part of seven months. Excuses aside, hopefully getting the opening show out of the way will allow me to get into the swing of it some more! Here's the card for the first ever edition of WAPW 'Hazard'!

- Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon) vs. Austin Aries and Roderick Strong!

- Abyss vs. Sugar Daddy Lance in a North American Title Qualifier!

- Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Alex Shelley in a North American Title Qualifier!

- Puma, The Amazing Red, Teddy Hart, Paul London, Jack Evans and Mistico in a gauntlet match for the WAPW Cruiserweight Title!

<3 Jon.

P.S - Who rated the thread already ;p lulz.

P.P.S - Shaman, 'Extreme Warfare' will be a O.N.S style PPV, so hope that makes up for the other 11 being generic ;)

#19 ·

Credit - Gerweck.net

WAPW have confirmed via their official website the signings of WWE’s Jamie Noble, and ROH’s Brent Albright. It is reported that both were backstage in Huntsville Alabama for the inaugural edition of Hazard and contracts were officially signed this morning. Noble is said to have signed a one year deal, whereas Albright has put pen to paper on a 3 year contract. Both are now on WAPW’s roster page and are expected to be involved in the North American Title tournament, commencing at WAPW’s first ever PPV – ‘Battle Lines’.

#21 ·

Credit - WrestlingNewsWorld

According to data compiled by Nielson Media Research the inaugural edition of WAPW Hazard drew a 5.1 cable rating. This as expected tops WWE Raw by a considerable margin, but the question is how many people will tune into Hazard for a second time? FX alone had been promoting the show as their number one programme and their chief executive, Raymond Patelli Jr. stated that 'he expected a very high rating for the first show full of former fans'.

Credit - WrestlingNewsWorld

WAPW officials are said to be in talks with several ROH talents over a possible full-time switch. Among those are Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black and former ROH Champion Brian Danielson. Black is said to be the closest in terms of signing, with Danielson holding out for the time being. If they decide to sign then they will join a long list of former ROH competitors consisting of Nigel McGuiness, set to debut this week, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong and more.

Credit - Gerweck.net

The latest on WWE's lawsuit against WAPW is that Vince McMahon has sheduled a preliminary hearing with a judge to see if he has a case. It is expected that he will claim againt both WAPW officials and also the talent that defected for 'contractual negligence' and also 'breach of contract'. Compensation packages have already been paid to WWE by WAPW, but the authorities could also order more reperations and also sanctions against owner Michael Morton.

TNA are also said to be furious that Alex Shelley paraded their X-Division title belt, now vacated, on last weeks edition of Hazard. They too are set to go to court and this will surely add fuel to the fire.

Credit - Gerweck.net

WAPW has reported on their official website, WAPW.net, that they will be offering their first ever pay-per-view "Battle Lines" for the price of just $12. It is expected that the PPV price afterwards will be around the $25 dollar mark, still cheaper than WWE or TNA's offering.

Credit - Gerweck.net

WAPW have reportedly failed in their attempts to prize Raw superstar CM Punk away from WWE. It is believed that Austin Aries, Roderick Strong and Jack Evans were all told to 'put in a good word' to him whilst Paul Heyman persued contract talks. However as it turned out, Punk is said to have 'politely declined' Heyman's offer as he is currently happy in WWE. Will the former World Heavyweight Champion be feeling as loyal in the coming months though, given his current ranking on the roster?

#23 ·

I'm not a fan of realism, but come on, 5.1? That rating has not been seen for several years. WWE will have a job getting that in the next decade the way its going.

But bring in BRYAN FUCKING DANIELSON and all will be forgiven.

#24 ·

I'm not a fan of realism, but come on, 5.1? That rating has not been seen for several years. WWE will have a job getting that in the next decade the way its going.

But bring in BRYAN FUCKING DANIELSON and all will be forgiven.
Yeah, I agree it's pretty out-there, but I think the point I failed to get across is the sheer length of advertisement aimed at disgruntled former fans. Think back to the ones that watched when ratings were 7's consistently. Anyways, season premieres are often high, as people check it out to see if they like it or not. In any event, the feedback was greatly appreciated, and rest assured I'm trying to find a good time to slot Brian into the mix. It could be after the first PPV.

Jon.

#26 ·

World Alliance Professional Wrestling presentsHAZARD!
Wednesday 4th February 2009
Target Centre, Minneapolis, Minnesota

A video package plays highlighting all the action from last week; beginning with Team 3D vs. Strong & Aries, eventually highlighting Goldberg making the save on Christian, Teddy Hart winning the Cruiserweight Title, and finishing the video with Paul Heyman bellowing the words “This – is WAPW!”

The official WAPW opening video airs. It begins with sirens blaring, and yellow lights flashing before the theme music kicks into gear – “Hell Yeah” by Rev Theory. The video consists of studio poses from stars such as Goldberg, Christian Cage, MVP, Teddy Hart, Abyss and Rey Mysterio. The video cuts off at 25 seconds, before the vocals kick in and to a deafening roar from the fans in attendance. The roars are drowned out by the tremendous pyro display. The camera then traditionally pans the arena showing the 12000 strong fans in the arena, all excited to be a part of WAPW Hazard!

Whilst the crowd is panned, Joey Styles and Matt Striker cut in, welcoming us to the show and hyping up tonight’s ‘blockbuster’ main-event – Goldberg and Christian Cage vs. MVP and Mr. Kennedy!

“Big Thing’s Poppin’!” Jack Evans, Elijah Burke, Austin Aries and Roderick Strong emerge from the tunnel to a remixed version of MVP’s hip-hop entrance theme. They make their way to the ring, Elijah being prepped for his singles match vs. Jamie Noble, but Evans gets on the mic.

Evans – Now before Elijah Burke progresses into the semi-finals of the North American title tournament, I, Jack Evans 'from the heavens', have something I’d like to get off of my chest. So Paul Heyman, I hope you’re sitting on your chubby ass in your office watching this, because this message is for you. Last week on Hazard you had the gall, the audacity, to put me as the first entrant in the Cruiserweight Title Gauntlet. To win the title, I would have had to pinned five guys, so you tell me how in the hell is that fair!? I’ll tell you Paul – it’s not – it was no fairer than a five on one, handicap match! So Paul, know this – I will not rest, I will not quit, I will do whatever I have to do in order to get a fair shot at that belt.

He attempts to continue, but is cut off by the sound of Jamie Noble’s music – a heavy guitar rhythm, transcending into a high octane beat with heavy drum sound. His face is a picture of determination as he makes his way down and into the ring, immediately squaring up to the four men. The referee rids Burke’s accomplices from the ring.

Match One
Elijah Burke vs. Jamie Noble
SUMMARY
Not for the first time, a member of ‘MVP’s Assembly’ had plenty of back-up at ringside. This week it was Elijah Burke who had the numbers advantage over opponent Jamie Noble. Noble had started the bout off in the right spirit going straight on the offensive, taking down Burke and immediately unloading with stiff shots to the head. The tenacious Virginia-native was determined to get through into the semi-finals, getting an even amount of offense in on his opponent, but fell short just at the wrong time. As he attempted a Noble Bomb, his momentum was broken and he was countered, Burke slipping out of his grasp and hitting the Elijah Experience, an arm-wrench into a Russian leg sweep, from out of nowhere! 1, 2, 3!
Winner @ 6.12 mins – Elijah Burke

Elijah gets his hand raised by the referee before Aries, Strong and Evans join him in the ring to congratulate him whilst Noble exits under the ropes and begins walking to the back. As they celebrate in the ring, Team 3D make a beeline to the ring, causing Aries, Burke and Strong to exit. Joey Styles reminds us of how Team 3D were screwed out of winning last week. Jack Evans however wasn’t so lucky in getting away, and is cornered by Brother Devon. After firing away with right-hands, he is irish whipped off into the ropes and nailed with a 3D! They then proceed to stomp Evan’s out of the ring under the ropes where his pals help him to the back. Ray then points to

Ray – Austin Aries! Roderick Strong! Last week on Hazard you and your little buddy’s cost us, the most decorated tag-team in wrestling history, the first ever match in WAPW history. We swore to you in front of the world that we would get even with your punk-asses. So earlier on, me and my good friend Paul Heyman had a little talk, and he agreed that next week we would get another shot at the two of you. So boys, heed the warning, next week on Hazard you’re going to realise that screwing with Team 3D and thinking you’ve gotten away with it – is a death sentence!

Devon – Ha-ha – OH MY BROTHER – TESTIFY!! Boys, see ya’ next week.

COMMERCIALS

A video package for the first ever PPV 'Battle Lines' briefly airs for approximately forty seconds. It shows clips from last week’s show, whilst Shane Douglas does the voice-over. There is a lot of emphasis on the fact that it's available on 22nd February for just $12! It ends with a visual note listing that there will be eight matches - a Tag Title match, Cruiserweight Title match, North American Title Match and the WAPW World Title is also up for grabs!

Back on Hazard and Joey Styles narrates whilst the camera is panning the arena. It pauses briefly on Brock Lesnar who is seated in the crowd with his wife, Rena. He gives a wave to the camera, which continues to pan, eventually stopping to show several of the Minnesota Vikings football players who are happy to be on camera!

The camera then fixates on Joey Styles and Matt Striker who inform us that they are getting word in their headsets that Paul Heyman has a big announcement to make. On that note the camera swiftly turns to the back where Paul Heyman is sitting in his office.

Heyman – Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I’m Paul Heyman and you’re watching Hazard. Now as you should all know in just over three weeks time WAPW is proud to present to you all ‘Battle Lines’ live on PPV. A WAPW World Champion, a WAPW North-American Champion and WAPW Tag-Team Champions will all be crowned, as well as the Cruiserweight Title also being defended. But that’s not what I want to talk about. What I’d like to talk about is who will be appearing at Battle Lines. See it’s not official yet, but I have a rough idea of what the main-event for the World Title will be. What IS official is the identity of the special guest referee for whatever match that may be. To keep order in what will be such an important match, I’ve negotiated the services of a man for one night only, to serve as that referee. So, without further ado, the special guest referee for the WAPW Title match at Battle Lines is Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart!

Styles – Oh my god!!

Heyman – The only way to catch Bret live will be to order the pay-per-view, which is available for just $12. Thanks for listening, and enjoy the show.

Paul is grinning as the camera switches to the commentators once more. They look at each other in disbelief and briefly hype up the appearance of The Hitman at Battle Lines.

Backstage the camera follows Rey Mysterio walking down the hall-way in casual wear. On his travels he passes Sugar Daddy Lance who has a cigar in his mouth and a girl on each knee. He also stops to shake Paul London's hand and hug him. He then encounters Alex Shelley who is proudly displaying TNA's X-Division Title on his shoulder, for whom he slows down and offers his hand to in respect. Alex is chewing gum rather blatantly and turns his nose at Rey's offer.

Shelley – Ha. You got lucky last week Rey, very lucky.

Rey ignores Alex's jibes and continues walking towards the locker room. Eventually he ends up entering the locker room – though not in action tonight. Joey Styles and Matt Striker narrate and hype up the tag-team main-event with Goldberg and Christian taking on MVP and Kennedy.

COMMERCIALS

The preliminary bell sounds, and the in-ring Howard Finkel announces the following contest - a tag-team match.

A theme similar to the English national anthem plays as Shamus O’Shaunessey and Nigel McGuiness emerge - The United Kingdom. They get a typical heel reaction as they arrogantly walk to the ring, both with a British flag in-hand.

The crowds spirits are soon lifted as The Briscoe Brothers. - Jay and Mark, hit the ring to a decent crowd reaction, especially from certain sections of indy followers. They both slide in under the ring and the match begins.

Match Two
The Briscoe Brothers vs. The United Kingdom
SUMMARY
The first of two tag-team matches of the night pitted The Briscoes against the over-patriotic and arrogant 'United Kingdom'. You could be excused for suspecting that the Brits would go to any length to secure a win, but fortunately their plan backfired as Jay and Mark got the win. The end came after ten minutes of hard-hitting action - all four men were brawling in the ring, eventually Shamus was knocked down which allowed Jay Briscoe to get Nigel up on his shoulders in a torture rack, and then Mark (the legal man) to hit a leg-drop on McGuiness, sending him off of Jay's shoulders and into the mat! Jay pinned, whilst Mark speared the oncoming S.O.S who was looking to interrupt the pin.
Winner @ 10.02 mins – The Briscoe Brothers

As the winners celebrate a well-earned victory, Joey Styles humorously reminds us that 'crime doesn't always pay'. Jay and Mark have their hands raised by the referee and both hop up onto the turnbuckles and signal that they want gold around their waists to the fans. Despicably though, the losers attack them from behind, pulling them off of the turnbuckle and slamming them into the mat. Both have vile looks on their faces, and reach for their flags. They put on foot on the stomach of their respective opponent and proudly wave them aloft, garnering understandable heat.

Roderick Strong, Austin Aries, Elijah Burke and Jack Evans are all walking towards the parking lot where their big white stretch-limo is waiting for them. The driver is standing by it wearing a suit and a hat. He immediately opens the door, when Scott Hudson approaches with a mic in hand.

Hudson – Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, earlier this evening we all witnessed Team 3D hit the ring and confront the four of you. They’re clearly in search of a match with you, and gave Jack Evans the 3D! What are your thoughts at this time?

Aries – Well it’s pretty clear what their thoughts are. I mean after being in the business for so long, and then losing to two young men like us, it’s obviously hard to take. A bitter pill to swallow for the two of them. But the thing is, whether they like it or not – we were the better team on the night, we’re the better team now – and you can be damn sure that we’re going to be the better team in the future. Because Scott, we are the future of this business, the future generation is here. We are Gen-Ex. See what Team 3D obviously fail to realize is that change happens, and there’s nothing they can do about it.

Strong – Austin’s right Scott, father time is dawning on those two pricks and whether they like it or not there’s nothing they can do about it. The future’s now – Gen X, is now!

As Austin, Roderick and Elijah get into the limo, Jack Evan’s suddenly sprints off. He’s spotted Paul Heyman! He calls his name several times before he finally catches up with him.

Heyman – Can I help you, Jack?

Evans – That’s irrelevant Paul, because you’re gonna help me either way. I’m not here to beg, I’m here to bargain with you. Plain and simple – you can understand this Paul – I want a fair shot at the Cruiserweight Title, next week on Hazard.

Heyman – You’re tenacious, I’ll give you that. You want a title match? Evans nods. Okay, you got an opportunity. Evans grins. Next week Jack Evans gets an chance at the belt. It’s going to be Jack Evans… versus Paul London.

Evans and Heyman go their separate ways. He looks smug at the match with London, but then it dawns on him…

Evans – Heyman! Heyman! Teddy Hart’s the champion, not Paul London! Heyman!?

Paul Heyman is now out of sight, and Jack Evans seems confused, but comes to the conclusion that Heyman made a simple mistake. Heyman really meant that it was a opportunity to face the champion.

COMMERCIALS

Back from the third set of commercials, and the eerie yet powerful music of Abyss plays. He strides through the curtain and into the ring. The debuting Brent Albright then makes his way to the ring near emotionlessly to a mixed reaction.

Match Three

Abyss vs. Brent Albright
SUMMARY
Most wrestlers on the roster would have been more than apprehensive when facing Abyss in the ring. 6 foot 5 and well over 300 lbs of destruction would be enough to scare off most – but not Brent Albright. His look of determination was a testament to the effort of which he put in – and it paid off. Once again, Abyss had been defeated, and his slump continued. All credit to Brent Albright who tenaciously and methodically wore down Abyss over the duration of the nine-minute bout and ultimately got the pin fall. The end came when Abyss was distracted by the sight of James Mitchell at the top of the ramp, which allowed Brent to hit an impressive half-nelson suplex for the pin!
Winner @ 9.19 mins – Brent Albright

The referee raises the hand of Brent Albright outside of the ring, as Abyss comes to his senses inside. Brent seems hurt too, holding his left shoulder. James Mitchell then begins his long walk down and into the ring wearing an all purple suit. He looks at Abyss who is on his knees, and shakes his head.

Mitchell – You know it’s funny. Last week I thought that you losing to Lance Rock was as low as you could stoop. I was wrong, clearly. It seems I underestimated just how long you could sink. Losing to… Brent Albright or whoever the hell he is, and slipping further down the pecking order here in WAPW. It’s sad. Sad for you, which in-turn is a sad reflection on me. I came to you last week to offer you a way out, a chance to rebuild yourself as a person and as a wrestler. And what did you do, you walked away. Well Abyss, you should think yourself lucky that I don’t give up that easily. I don’t quit that easily. I will not walk away from a chance to rekindle the monster that lives inside of you. I won’t pass up that opportunity to make you, under my guidance, the most destructive force in all of wrestling once again. Together, Abyss, we were unstoppable and we will be again. So, right here in Minnesota, I present myself to you and extend my hand once more.

Abyss gets to his feet and stands over James Mitchell, slowly beckoning him into a corner, before erratically fleeing to the back once more. Mitchell looks evilly at Abyss as he leaves, watching him walk up the ramp.

COMMERCIALS

The camera returns from commercials and it is fixed solely on MVP, with Torrie Wilson alongside him.

Wilson – Wrestling fans I’m joined at this time by the man who calls himself the MVP of WAPW, la..

MVP – Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. ‘The man who calls himself the MVP of WAPW?’ Give me a break Torrie. Do I need to remind you just who I am, and who you’re not? Listen I don’t know what it is that makes you doubt me, maybe it’s the water in Minnesota that makes people spew shit from out of their mouths, I don’ t know. But let me get this straight, I’m the MVP, I’m the V.IP, I’m whatever I want to be.

Wilson – Okay. Well tonight on Hazard in the main-event you will team with Mr. Kennedy to face off with Goldberg and Christian Cage. How do you rate your chances?

MVP – Hmm another dumb question. Torrie, MVP doesn’t rate his chances – he takes his chances, and tonight I will single-handedly defeat both Christian Cage and Goldberg. They wanna pair me with Kennedy? So annoying they had to name him twice. In any event, at the end of the night it’s gonna be me as the winner and come Battle Lines – I’m going to be the first ever WAPW Champion.

The screen switches from MVP to Christian Cage who is alongside Shane Douglas.

Douglas– Ladies and gentlemen I’m Shane Douglas alongside Christian Cage on Hazard and we’re eagerly anticipating tonight’s blockbuster main-event tag-team match featuring you and Goldberg vs the team of Mr Kennedy and MVP. How would you describe the relationship between yourself and ‘Da Man’ – Bill Goldberg?

Christian stands and soaks in the atmosphere, promoting Shane Douglas to physically put the mic to his lips.

Cage – Oh sorry, are we live? Huh – it’s been a while. So for the thousands of peeps in attendance here in Minnesota, and the millions watching at home around the world tonight is the night that Christian Cage makes his in-ring debut in WAPW. I’ve anticipated it for weeks and I aim to please, but most importantly win the match. Shane, my relationship with Bill Goldberg is pretty simple – it was born out of respect, and soon enough it’ll die out of respect. But tonight Shane, all that matters is that as a team – we get the job done. Nothing more, nothing less. MVP and Kennedy seem pretty confident in their abilities and so they should be, but what they need to know when their standing in front of us in that ring, what they need to ask themselves is this – “how many World Titles have Christian Cage and Goldberg won?” Then Shane what they need to ask themselves is “how many World Titles, have MVP and Kennedy won?” See I’ve been in the business longer than those two combined, and tonight we plan on showing them just how good we are. And after that Shane, after tonight, Christian Cage looks to Battle Lines – the first ever PPV in WAPW history. The PPV where The Instant Classic looks to write the latest and greatest chapter in his career – be it at the expense of Goldberg … or whoever stands in my way. If you don’t know – now you know.

Cage winks at Shane Douglas before exiting the scene.

James Mitchell walks out into the parking lot after failing once again in an attempt to lure Abyss back to the dark side. He is stopped by Paul Heyman.

Mitchell – Ahhh Paul, so nice to see you. How’ve you been?

Heyman – Look Jim, don’t bull-shit me, alright. You have no right just walking in on my show unannounced two weeks running, you hear me? No right.

Mitcell – Now Paul, let us not get hasty. After all we go way back, right? ECW days, remember?

Heyman – Yeah we do, and I do remember, but what you seem to be forgetting is that ECW is dead, Jim. All ties we had are gone. You don’t have a contract with WAPW so I’m going to spare you the embarrassment of having you physically removed from this arena and am going to ask you to leave and don’t come back unless I say otherwise. Is that understood?

Mitchell scowls at Heyman, before grinning. He says nothing, finally exiting after a spell of silence.

COMMERCIALS

The energetic music of Matt Michaels plays. He emerges and makes his way to the ring, Matt Striker making reference to the fact that he’s the cousin of Shawn Michaels and that Mistico should watch out for his superkick. Mistico’s theme then hits to a good reception as he makes his way to the ring. The two shake hands before circling each other.

Match Four

Mistico vs. Matt Michaels
SUMMARY
In the second North-American Title Qualifier of the night, the high-flyer from Mexico faced off with the debuting Matt Michaels. Last week Mistico was pinned in the Cruiserweight Gauntlet after impressing with his high-flying arsenal. Michaels was obviously looking to impress, but unfortunately Mistico got the better of him. The submission ending came after just over six minutes, as the Texan fell prey to a move named ‘La Mistica’ – a spinning head-scissors takedown, twisted into a single arm DDT – and topped off with a Fujiwara armbar!! Michaels had no choice but to tap to an outstanding move. A thoroughly deserved victory and Mistico will face Elijah Burke in the semi-finals.
Winner @ 6.21 mins – Mistico

Mistico celebrates in the ring and soaks in a great reception for his performance. After Styles and Striker go over the tournament brackets – Mysterio vs. Sugar Lance, Burke vs. Mistico – the camera goes to a split-screen, depicting both teams walking down the hall-way in preparation for their match. Kennedy is grinning whilst MVP looks serious and determined. Meanwhile, Christian and Goldberg also have their game-faces on.

COMMERCIALS

Howard Finkel is in the ring and readies us for the main-event of the evening! Without doubt a blockbuster and the time has finally come!

Entering the ring individually, first the team of MVP and Kennedy, followed by Christian – and then Goldberg!!

Both teams are in their respective corners discussing tactics when it’s decided that Christian and Kennedy would start.

Match Five
Goldberg & Christian Cage vs. MVP & Mr. Kennedy
SUMMARY
Without doubt a sensational way to start WAPW – possibly four of the biggest stars in professional wrestling all in one ring at the same time! Could they co-exist for the night? They would have no choice but to.
The match started off with Christian and Kennedy, two men who love to put on a show! A slow start was witnessed, neither getting the momentum needed to mount successive offense. Just as it seemed Cage was about to take control, MVP was tagged in.
The wily MVP took Christian by surprise and got the upper-hand early on, dominating for a considerable period, before falling into a reverse DDT. This allowed Goldberg to finally get the tag in, provoking MVP to tag a less than pleased Kennedy in.
A humorous display was witnessed with Kennedy trying to avoid contact with Goldberg at any cost – this involved running around the ring and baiting Goldberg into a clothesline from MVP.
The match seemed to be in Kennedy and MVP’s favor, with Goldberg on the back foot. This didn’t last long as Kennedy began to rest on his laurels and to play to the crowd. Goldberg sensed an opportunity and seized it, taking the on-running Kennedy and slamming him up – then DOWN into the mat with a gorrila press. MVP tried to break the momentum by entering the ring but was sent flying with a big-boot!
Goldberg failed in a pin attempt minutes later, and tagged in Christian. Somehow, MVP and Kennedy managed to isolate Christian and wore him down, using quick tags to get in as much offense as they could.
The end came after nearly seventeen minutes of hard-hitting action, Christian had just tagged in Goldberg who came in like a house on fire, spearing MVP and knocking Kennedy flying with a running shoulder tackle. Goldberg lifted Kennedy to his feet, and raised him up high – and then … JACKHAMMER!! Cover, but only a two count, as MVP broke up the pin. Christian took care of him, as Goldberg lay in wait for a spear. WHAM!! Kennedy cut in half!
As Goldberg went for a pin – Gen Ex hit the ring – Aries, Strong, Evans and Burke!! The referee called for the bell.
No Contest @ 16.45 mins

Styles and Striker reiterate that they thought Gen-Ex had left the building earlier in that limo! However they were in the ring and began assaulting both Kennedy and Goldberg. This allowed MVP to escape up the ramp. Goldberg was temporarily laid out – whilst Cage was on his back on the outside. Kennedy is clearly taken by surprise and is extremely groggy on the outside, holding his stomach after the immense spear. Gen Ex joins MVP on the ramp looking understandably smug, whilst Christian and Goldberg are in the ring staring them down with anger in their eyes.

#28 ·

Credit - Gerweck.net

As announced by WAPW promoter Paul Heyman on last nights edition of Wednesday Night Hazard, we can confirm that Bret Hart will indeed appear at their inaugural Pay-per-view event - Battle Lines.

While the details of his contract are yet to be disclosed, it is thought that the contract is a one month deal, with his last (and possibly only) appearance coming at the pay-per-view. Teddy Hart, nephew of The Hitman, and WAPW Cruiserweight Champion was said to be instrumental in getting him to sign, and it's rumoured that the title and push is down to that alone.

Hart will referee the main-event for the WAPW World Title, expected to feature from four superstars; Ken Kennedy, Christian Cage, MVP and Bill Goldberg. Whether or not his stay in the company will be extended post-PPV is anyones guess, but Bret could well be interested in appearing again.

#29 ·

hai. This'll be a review of the first show, because I'm behind. If I have time I'll edit a review of the second show in here, though I'll probably get to it tomorrow.

The opening to this show was beautiful. It really was. The whole fading into the show to see Heyman as well as Heyman's empassioned speech showed the emotion of the promotion. You made everything in the promotion seem huge, from the cruiserweights to the announcers which does everything the world of good. You need to play up your strengths and showcase them, and I felt you did this perfectly. Awesome way to really introduce your promotion to the world.

Really diggin' the MVP segment. Things like him calling his locker room the 'VIP locker room' really show his arrogance and plays up to his character. Adding little things like that mean a lot. Loving MVP going for the title, because he is simply pure awesomeness in a can. Also liking his little entourage of Gen Next and Elijah Burke (they all pwn, tbh). Hopefully you use them as more than just jobbers like I suspect you will. =/

Not sure if there should have been a segment here, since you already have one team waiting in the ring for the start of the match, especially since you had an ad break before this segment. I know it's just minor, but I'm finding it hard to pick out stuff. I'm grasping at straws here. :eek: Nice little play on the past with you acknowledging the connection between Heyman and Douglas as well.

Kinda surprised Aries and Strong got the win here, especially over the experienced Team 3D. Seemed this was a way of establishing the stable, which I liked. Cheating to win is fine as it shows that they're all willing to cheat, establishing them as a pretty big heel stable. Good to see you actually giving Aries and Strong the time of day.

Awesome way to make Cage seem like a huge deal here. Makes him seem like a major, major part of your promotion and I heart it. Promo builds some suspense, I guess.

London seemed extremely generic here. Seems like you've got some plans for him, so plz make him more than just meh face #12. He needs a character to him. I hope you develop one for him.

Meh, don't like either of Abyss or Hoyt, so I don't really care about this result tooooo much. Would have to think that the big guy of your promotion should get a win on your first broadcast though, as he should be built up as big and tough, rather than being beaten to look weak in the eyes of the crowd.

Liked the Mitchell segment, mainly because Mitchell is awesomeness. He's the only thing that has ever made Abyss bearable, so I'd be happy to see them being paired up again. The re-pairing seems inevitable, so make it happen sooner rather than later, for the sake of Abyss being worthwhile. Liked Mitchell blaming everything on the mother, rather than him, btw. (Y)

:lmao This promo was the classic ZOMG WE HAS WON SO MANY TITLES WE IS EPIC YEAH US 3D thing. Perfect in terms of character I guess. Hopefully you just use 3D to put over the youngsters, because they really have nothing to gain.

Not too sure why you had Shelley wear the X belt up. It may have been to show off his arrogance, but I don't really see a point to that as I don't think it did anything, personally. Kinda disappointed to see Shelley lose to Mysterio, as he's far more epic, though I guess it's alright to build up his asshole/crybaby character.

Heyman gets bossed around, lol. Nice hype, again.

This segement went along very nicely. Liked the start with Kennedy, and I like how you've added something of your own to his promos as well. Mr Kennedy ... PERIOD was very, very good. Nice to see a fair bit of originality with this thread. (Y) Cage was again on key, and he had some very nice interraction with Kennedy. Kennedy pretending to be happy to be in the presence of Cage only to SWERVE~! and be an arrogant asshole was epic. I'm honoured to be graced by MVP again, btw. Anyway, the whole beatdown set up the debut of Goldberg rather well. Can't say I'm too happy it's Goldberg, because I find him rather shit, but whatever.

First off, really happy to see you using your cw's well. Featuring them in the main event of your first show shows that they're going to be a big part of your fed which I heart. London had his epic effort, which is cool since I like the guy. Like the booking of his matches starting off short, before he became more and more worn, meaning it took him longer to put away Red. Hart coming in and winning then demanding Heyman strap on the belt means you seem to have an arrogant top heel for the cw division, which is cool. Teddy's natrually a peick, so it works lol.

Overall, a very good first show. Your booking seems extremely sound and you write fantastic promos. I'm sure you'll be a big part of the section here very soon. (Y)

#30 ·

Thanks for the positive feedback, bitch..

The only issue that I can address is the persona, or lack there-of, for Paul London. It's an issue which I too share, and I'm finding it hard to do thing's with him. Nevertheless, I'm planning a slight adjustment to his attitude (haw) and hopefully it'll breath some life into him.

Just so it's known, the third show is basically finished off. This is the first time I've ever had shows all finished in advanced. I have a real good feeling about this project and if anything - I'm enjoying it a lot.

Credit - Pro Wrestling Scoops

The second rating for WAPW's Hazard is in. Early indications from data compiled by Nielson Media Research point towards the Wednesday night show drawing a 4.5 rating. This is down by .6 from the inaugual edition, and the talk in the back is that it is expected to drop again in following weeks.

The main-event drew the highest-rating of the night, with a little over five million tuning in to watch Goldberg team with Christian Cage against the team of MVP and Mr. (Ken) Kennedy.

Credit - WAPW.net

The following are extracted quotes from the weekly blog of WAPW.net editor, and WAPW board member, John Maynard.

"When you're a new company it's hard not to go out and buy the biggest names in wrestling. People have been putting names like Flair, Hogan, Angle, and The Rock into the mix - but we keep saying that we haven't approached anyone. It's our intention to bring in the best young talent and mix them with talented, house-hold names. We're doing a pretty decent job of that so-far I think it's fair to say."

"In some respects I can't blame them (WWE). What Vince sees as immoral - we see as an opportunity to expand our company. Besides, it was all legal - and Vince isn't exactly one to talk to us about morals. Needless to say, we're confident that in court we will be seen as the innocent party, which is how it should be. This isn't what we want to go into in such a public way, but they need to understand that it's the way it will be if they are to persue such extreme measures."

"Bret is Bret. He loves wrestling - and we are what wrestling should be. He sees that, and I think I'm right in saying that he likes what he sees. We're ecstatic to have him on-board, he's a true great. If the opportunity arises, and he wants to do business - then we would be interested. As long as we can find a way for him to help some of the young guys, and pass on some knowledge, it's all that matters".

"Ratings, ratings, ratings. Buys, buys, buys. In reality, it's how the business works and how the quality is based on. I think the 5.1 rating for the debut show was as expected. So many people tuning in after all the effort and hype we put in to advertise it - hopefully the viewers will stick to it. FX have been amazing. The time they put into it, the money. We're extremely grateful. We hope that the show repays it with consistent ratings and high quality shows. There's a lot of freedom on that network, a lot of boundaries that we can push and indeed cross in due time. Paul, after all, has a wonderful mind and I think we can all forsee some mayhem soon enough."

The blog in it's entirety can be viewed at the following - www.wapw.net/home/blogs/5-a-flying-dutchmen

#32 ·

hai bbz. Second show review now, showing I'm catching up. wewt.

Nice to see MVP's faction getting to start off the show here. Really digging the faction as a while, tbh. The Evans promo was meh. Jack Evans 'the man from the heavens' was a nice line, though the rest was kinda generic. Signalled his intentions and all, but I'd like to see you maybe give him more of his own sound and feel. White trash, perhaps. ;)

Jamie Noble is (Y), so have lots of him on your shows, imo. Seems like you're going about establishing the afction again this week, with Burke taking the win this time. Quite like the way you're going about it. btw, I much rather the old Elijah Experience (the Stroke) to the one you described, though I understand you're being creative. :p

The run-in from 3D and subsequent 3D on Evans were a good way to make a statement. Ray's promo was very nice, and I love the fact that you're using it as the first match in WAPW's history as the real kicker behind the feud. Remember, Roddy and Aries MUST go over, k?

Mmm, didn't like you revealing the amount of matches on the next PPV. Blows kayfabe out, imo. I hope Lesnar being in the crowd leads to something too. Don't care about Sable though. Can't see her tits through your writing, tbh.

Didn't really like the introduction of Hart as special guest referee. Would have preferred him making some kind of an epic appearance to do with the main event tonight. Would have just seemed cooler, imo.

Liked the way to push Shelley's obnxiousness, though I still don't care for the X Title. The whole chewing gum in his face was (Y) though. Rey vs Shelley ftPPV and written out in full, plz.

Ergh, Nigel's much too good to be stuck in some crappy losing tag team. =/ Not too sure about The Briscoes getting much of a reaction either as they come out, because out of the 12000 there I'm willing to bet maybe a tenth would know of them. That's at the most. I liked that you referenced to the indy sections of the crowd, but I don't think the reaction towards them would even be 'decent'. Lukewarm until they see them wrestle (and no sell :side:), tbh.

Aries was pretty damn good here. Liking the whole we're the future thing. Gen Ex definitely are better than 3D, so do as Aries says and put them over. Liked Aries doing most the talking btw, because Roddy's never had any real charisma. Just sheer talent. As for the Teddy thing, he still seems much too generic. Needs more of a swagger. And he's an idiot if he can't see that it's a number one contender match next week. >.>

Like the putting over of Albright, though I'm not too big on this 'slump' from Abyss. If you wanted a slump you should have started him oiff as a winner. He doesn't look like he's in a slump to the audience really: he just looks like a loser, because that's all he has done since the promotion began. Mitchell was pretty (Y), and I'm glad to see him persisting. Hopefully you evolve it from here though because we can't have this happen every week. =/

MVP promo was GOLD, tbfh. Loved it. Some great lines in there, such as I'm the MVP, I'm the VIP, I'm whatever I want to be, and so annoying they named him twice. Epic, epic stuff. Really enjoyed it. MVP seems to be someone you can nail promowise every time. btw, not liking MVP's crew having left with him still there. Doesn't scream faction, tbh.

Cage promo was pretty win too. You used his personality/humour well with the opening, then moved to the serious side like you should. It's why I love Cage and it's why I'm loving your promos with him.

Hmm, interesting with Mitchell/Heyman. Looking forward to seeing what you've got planned for the two. The heel sucking up to the authority was (Y) btw.

Don't like seeing Mistico going into another tourney after losing out on his shot at a title last week, but ah well. Good to see him go over, because while Bentley's alright (or Matt Michaels :p), he's nothing too special. Oh, La Mistica is absolute pwnage, btw.

Main event time came a bit quickly, imo. Maybe one more promo before it? Ah well. :lmao @ you saying the oufr biggest stars in wrestling. Liked Kennedy avoiding Goldberg, showing how big Goldberg is. No complains about the match really, except I think Hart should have appeared here, as I said earlier, especially with a beatdown taking place from Gen Ex. Would have fitted in well, imo.

Pretty good show again. Not quite as good as the first one, bvut impressive nonetheless. Hopefully we'll see some more storyline advancement next week to fill out the PPV.

#34 ·

WAPW Hazard preview - 11th February 2009

New York City hosts Hazard this week as WAPW crashes into the Blue Cross Arena! With just twelve days away from the inaugural pay-per-view event, you can be sure that everybody on the roster will give their all to get a spot on the card!

Last week on Hazard the fans were somewhat shocked to witness the 6 foot 6 monster Abyss beaten by the unfavoured Brent Albright. Abyss' father James Mitchell was also shocked at Abyss' performance, underlining his 'shock' at this 'fluke'. Albright is said to be wanting another chance in the ring with Abyss to prove that his win was no fluke. Will James Mitchell return in one last bid to retain Abyss' services?

The first semi-final matchup in the race for the WAPW North-American title will be contested this week, with Rey Mysterio Jr. challenging 'Sugar Daddy' Lance. Who will progress to the final, thus booking a match for the vacant title at Battle Lines? Next week, Elijah Burke will step into the ring with Mistico to determine the other half of the PPV title bout.

Gen-Ex have made it clear that they are not here in WAPW to make friends. Team 3D know all too well of the disrespect the talented rookies have displayed and this week are set for a rematch with Aries and Strong. Though somewhat apprehensive in getting back into the ring with the most decorated team in wrestling history, Gen Ex are convinced that they are 'too good' to give the veterans a rematch. Will Team 3D shut them up momentarily, or will Gen Ex continue their good run as a unit.

Speaking of Gen Ex, this week Jack Evans gets what he 'wanted' - a match with Paul London with the winner facing Teddy Hart at Battle Lines. Last week Evans made it clear that we deserved a one on one match with the champion, but he has to go through London first. Teddy Hart will surely have a close eye on this bout and will be scouting his potential opponents.

One of the blockbusters from last weeks show was the revelation that Bret Hart would be the special guest referee for the main-event at Battle Lines. Though not in the arena last week, will he make an appearance this week? WAPW have appointed Scott Hudson as the man in-charge of keeping an eye out for the legend, who will surely be watching the huge main-event.

... the huge main-event! This weeks show is topped off by a match capable of headlining any WAPW show. Christian Cage versus MVP in singles competition! Last week, Gen Ex were heavily involved in the tag-team main-event, costing Christian and Goldberg a much sought-after win. This week though Gen Ex shall have no effect on MVP's fortunes as the ring will be surrounded by inpartial lumberjacks - including MVP's partner from last week Mr. Kennedy! Christian will be happy with the level playing field, and will be determined to prove a point to MVP, and WAPW hancho Paul Heyman.

#35 ·

Shows looks aiiiight, jobbah.

Mysterio to win this week then Mistico to win next week. That match would be rather epic for your PPV.

Guessing Gen Ex will lose to 3D so they can go at it at the PPV too, probably with the tag belts on the line.

London > Evans plz. I guess Evans vs Hart would be a fun spotfest, but I like London much more than I like Jack 'ZOMGICANDOTEHFLIPZIRKEWL' Evans.

This whole Hudson hunting for Bret Hart sounds awfully TNA-esque. o_O

Cage vs MVP sounds rather epic. We'll probably see a DQ finish though I guess with Goldberg and Kennedy running in. Still, it'd be quite the match to see.

I'll drop a review once you get the show up. (Y)

#36 ·

World Alliance Professional Wrestling presentsHAZARD!

Wednesday 11th February 2009
Blue Cross Arena, Rochester, New York

The programme begins with a video package containing footage of the inaugural edition of WAPW Hazard, and last week’s epic show. The emphasis is on the main-event, showing the match and the screwy finish. It ends with Paul Heyman announcing that Bret Hart has been assigned to referee the main-event at Battle Lines.

"Hell Yeah" plays in unison with the opening video for Hazard! The camera soon cuts to the live arena after the 30 second clip with the pyro display drowning out the cheers. Joey Styles and Matt Striker gear us up for another edition of WAPW! They briefly put over the massive revelation that Bret Hart will be at the first ever PPV ‘Battle Lines’ as referee and of course they hype tonight’s main-event – Christian Cage vs. MVP in a lumberjack match! Striker also adds that a semi-final match for the North American Title tournament is tonight – Rey Mysterio vs. Sugar Daddy Lance.

Suddenly the music of Brent Albright plays, he steps out of the tunnel and proceeds to walk to the ring to a fairly quiet reception. He grasps a microphone from a ringside-technician. He feigns readying to talk into the wrong end of the mic, runs his hand through his hair, before beginning.

Albright – Those who know me personally, know me as a quiet man. They know me as a man who will keep to himself in the back, and let his wrestling do the talking in the ring. Well to tell you the truth, they’re right. Like it or not I will never stand before you people and be one of those guys that comes out to the ring, gets on a microphone, spits out a few wise-ass remarks and challenges somebody. But, having said that I am out here before you, with a microphone in hand and I'm out here to address someone – the man who I defeated last week on Hazard. Ladies and gentlemen I’m talking about Abyss. See last week when I defeated Abyss, I had imagined that I had displayed to the world that Brent Albright had arrived in WAPW and was a major talent. So I’ll admit I was a little 'disheartened' to say the least when I heard James Mitchell’s comments about me, and how it was "nothing more than a fluke". James Mitchell, I hope you get out from the rock you've clearly been hiding under and accept the fact that last week on Hazard I defeated your ... 'son' ... Abyss, 1,2,3 in the middle of this ring. If you want to run your mouth at my expense in order to play happy families with the big guy once again, that's fine - but don't for one second think you've gotten away with it. So with that in mind – Abyss – I'm done talking. I want you to bring yourself down here so I can beat you again, and prove to the world that Brent Albright is for real!

The fans opinions of Albright have certainly improved. He drops the mic, takes his white tank-top off and awaits Abyss' arrival. After a period of silence his music finally hits, and Abyss begins to surge down the metallic ramp and into the ring.

Match One
Abyss vs. Brent Albright
SUMMARY
"An impromptu match" as Joey Styles put it – but a good prospect all the same. Brent Albright was determined to prove that his win last week wasn’t a fluke, and he did it once again! The majority of fans wouldn’t have given Brent too much of a chance – he knew it but was intent on changing that. The power of Abyss wasn’t used to its full potential, and the big man just didn’t look himself. After losing two in a row before his confidence must have been shot to pieces. Albright played on this, spinning out of Abyss’ attempts of a black-hole slam, and hitting a half-nelson suplex! 1-2-3! The same move has now beaten Abyss twice.
Winner @ 6.02 mins – Brent Albright

The fans can’t quite believe it – Brent Albright defeats Abyss again! Albright steps up onto the middle rope and beats his chest with both hands before having his hand raised. Before he knows it, the familiar sight of James Mitchell is among us as he enters the ring. Albright stands in a corner and oversees.

Mitchell – What’s the matter Abyss, surprised to see me? I’m surprised myself, after you shot me down twice in the last two weeks, and walked away like a coward. You should be fortunate that I’m so headstrong Abyss, because without my persistence, tolerance, and understanding of your situation – you would be nothing. You’d be sitting at home with your, your mother – the woman that turned you into what these people see now – a loser!

Abyss shoots up in an apparent fit of rage and looms over Mitchell. The fear is not evident in Mitchell's eyes, rather, there is an arrogant confidence about him.

Mitchell – Whoa, whoa – hold fire there Abyss. I’m not out here to prove anything, I’m not out here to show what kind of a failure that you are to these people. I’m out here – for the final time, to offer myself to you. That’s right. The past two weeks I’ve presented myself to you, offered you the chance to turn you into the ruthless, wrecking machine that you once were. No more monotonous, back and forth games. I’m laying it all out. Abyss, you can either shake my hand – or you can black-hole slam me into oblivion. What’s it gonna be?!

Abyss turns to Albright, signalling that he doesn’t know what to do. He then suddenly turns to face Mitchell and looks at his hand. Suddenly – he does the unthinkable – he turns to Brent Albright and nails him with a clothesline! Mitchell is wearing a sadistic grin as Abyss lifts Albright up in a torture wrack position and nails him with the shock treatment!! Mitchell raises Abyss’ hand.

COMMERCIALS

Returning from a commercial break and Gen-Ex are already on there way down the ramp and into the ring. Elijah, Jack, Austin and Roderick all stand at north, south, east and west positions, Aries with a microphone in hand.

Aries – New York City – shut your ugly faces because Gen-Ex have something to say! This goes for Paul Heyman, and Team 3D. Now I know that since you New Yorkers all have memories like goldfish, you have probably forgotten the events of two weeks ago on Hazard. Well nevertheless, Austin Aries hasn’t, Roderick Strong hasn’t, Elijah Burke and Jack Evans haven’t forgotten either. But apparently Team 3D have. Whether or not it’s Alzheimer’s kicking in, I don’t know. All I know is that myself and Roderick defeated the two of you for the 1-2-3 in the first ever match in WAPW history. A match that will surely be looked back upon and people will say, "hey, it's that time when Gen Ex got their major break at the expense of two washed-up, has-beens". It was in front of the entire world! I don't know who they're trying to fool, claiming that they were cheated, but then they go whining and crying to Paul Heyman asking for a rematch. The worst part of it is that Paul Heyman has given them that rematch and apparently - it’s here tonight.

The fans pop at the prospect of tonight’s big tag-team match.

Aries – But here’s my question – why the hell should we even consider giving you another shot in the ring with us? Whether you like to hear it or not, and as hard as this literally sounds – we have bigger fish to fry than the two of you. Our agendas are infinite. You're agendas expired two weeks ago when we proved to the world who the number one tag-team was You’re the past – we’re the present and future – it’s really that damn simple. So 3D, your match tonight, I guess you’re on. I guess we'll give you two old-timers one last dance, and one last opportunity in the ring with athletes the calibre of Roderick Strong and Austin Aries. BUT, when we beat you again in front of your home crowd, know this - the two of you will be sitting at the bottom of the food chain, looking up at two hungry lions, the next W-A-P-W tag-team champions.

Aries makes a move to the ropes, when Team 3D’s music hits. They emerge to a great reaction and get on the mic.

Ray – "Who are we to want a rematch?" "Who are we?" Boys, maybe it’s the lack of knowledge of the business, or maybe your asses are just plain stupid, but whether YOU like to hear it or not – Team 3D are the most decorated tag-team in the history of this business. It’s not just a tagline that we came up with, it’s not a catchphrase that Devon concocted. Twenty tag-team titles make us the best team in the world, and you have the nerve to deny us a rematch? I’ve got news for you punks, without Elijah Burke and that other guy; you don’t got shit on us. So later on tonight how about we even the odds and make it - two on two?

Roderick Strong – Don’t you two get it? We’re living in the here and now – and the here and now tells US that we’re better than you! Later on tonight, we’re going to prove it once and for all.

Ray – I guess you’re right. Here in WAPW, those twenty tag-team title reigns don’t mean squat. I guess that the only way for us to shut you punks up is to make it TWENTY-ONE title reigns. I don’t know when we’re gonna get a shot, and I don’t know where, but mark my words – Team 3D will add another one to the list!

Ray turns to his hometown fans.

Ray – NEW YORK CITY?! Tonight - Team 3D take out the trash!

We go to an early commercial break to allow more time for the next match – Paul London versus ‘that other guy’…

COMMERCIALS

Jack Evans is of course already in the ring. Paul London’s music then hits to a good face reaction, Joey Styles reminding us how he defeated five men in the Cruiserweight Title Gauntlet two weeks ago but fell short to Teddy Hart. Speaking of Hart, he emerges from the tunnel and plants a steel chair on the ramp, sitting down and observing the following match.
Match Two
Paul London vs. Jack Evans
SUMMARY
It’s fair to say that Jack Evans hasn’t exactly made a great impression here in WAPW. After losing in the gauntlet and complaining constantly – this was his big chance to stake a claim in the Cruiserweight division. The commercial break for the last segment came five minutes earlier than usual, just to give this match more time. Needless to say it was worth it for these two individuals. A back and forth encounter full of excellent high-flying action, especially from Jack Evans, was eventually won by Paul London. If Evans hasn’t made an impression before, then he sure as hell had now. Both men were tiring towards the end. Jack Evans went to the top rope for a cross body block, he leapt, but London managed to hit Evans with a dropkick to the face! This allowed him to go up and then DOWN with a shooting star press!
Winner @ 14.29 mins – Paul London

Paul London swiftly escaped the ring and the swarm of Aries, Strong and Burke and made a move up the ramp towards Hart. As he got closer it provoked the champion to lift up the steel chair. London wasn’t looking for a fight, as he signalled that he wanted the gold around his waist before walking on.

Joey Styles narrates clips from last week’s tag-team main-event. He then informs us that Torrie Wilson is standing by with Christian Cage.

The camera switches to the back where the two of them are standing.

Wilson – Wrestling fans I’m Torrie Wilson and I’m joined at this time by none other than The Instant Classic – Christian Cage. Christian, last week on Hazard you and Goldberg teamed up against the duo if Mr. Kennedy and MVP. But as we all know, the match ended in a no contest. What are your thoughts on that night?

Cage – Torrie usually in situation like this Christian Cage would come out here, crack a joke or two, and spout off at the mouth at MVP and Kennedy’s expense but you know what, that would just be too easy. See last week they made the not-so-wise decision to have Gen-Ex get involved in the match, and as a result it ended in a no-contest. But tonight I have a chance to right those wrongs, I have a chance to teach MVP a lesson in that ring – and the best part is that playing field is going to be even! Gen Ex aren’t gonna be able to do a damn thing because as we heard earlier tonight, it’s a lumberjack match! I’ll have friends at ringside, and you can be sure I’ll have foes at ringside, but come the end of the night they’ll all be looking up and watching me, The Instant Classic, as the winner. And after that, after tonight I’m looking to Battle Lines in just under two weeks time when Christian Cage fulfils his destiny in WAPW and becomes World Champion. MVP – if you didn’t know before, come the end of the night – you're gonna know, and there’s nothing Gen-Ex can do to stop it.

Backstage Scott Hudson is shown standing by in the parking-lot. Joey Styles narrates, stating that Scott is on look-out for the possible arrival of Bret Hart.

COMMERCIALS

We are back live on Hazard, as the camera then turns to Gen-Ex in their locker room. Aries, Strong, Evans and Burke all sit around on a leather sofa, Strong and Aries tying up their boots for the upcoming match. There’s a knock at the door, and Roderick shouts ‘come in’. Evans humorously picks up a baseball bat and puts it on the sofa. MVP enters, saying hey to everyone and wearing a ‘ready to kiss ass’ face.

Burke – What can Gen-Ex do for you, man?

MVP – Well guys you know you’re all MVP’s V.I.P’s, right? Well later on tonight I gotta huge match with Christian, a lumberjack match, and I’m just here to ask of you that you’ll all be in my corner at ringside?

Burke – For you, anything man. You got us all here, whatever you want whatever you need – Gen-Ex is here for you.

MVP – Ahh thanks guys, ‘preciate it. So I’ll so ya’ll out there?

Burke – Count on it.

MVP and Burke shake hands, then with Evans. He exits.

The camera then fixates on the ring again where Howard Finkel stands and introduces the next match. Team 3D’s music soon hits and they make their way down into the ring to a great reception from their home crowd. Soon enough, Aries and Strong make their way down there – alone.

Match Three
Team 3D vs. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong
SUMMARY
Possibly the two best tag-teams in WAPW were at it again – the veterans Team 3D were attempting to put the younger Austin Aries and Roderick Strong in their place. They knew that a win would get one over on them, but definitely not settle the score. The feud was shaping up to be one for the long haul. Unfortunately for Team 3D though, they fell to Gen-Ex and their questionable tactics. Just when it seemed that 3D would get the well-earned win, they managed to snatch it. With Devon on the top rope, and Bubba holding Aries’ legs open, Roderick entered the ring and hit Bubba in the face. He gave Devon a vile low blow, leaving him in a precarious position. He was the superplexed onto Brother Ray by Strong!! That only got a 2 count, but following a ‘WATSUP’ from the youngsters, and then finally a half-nelson backbreaker Devon gave in and was pinned.
Winners @ 8.02 mins – Austin Aries and Roderick Strong

Gen-Ex swarmed to the ring immediately and congratulated their fellows. They swiftly exited as Ray got to his feet. They bare wide grins as they walked up the ramp towards the back, signalling that they are the number one tag-team in the world.

A brief advert for the award-winning film by Mickey Rourke 'The Wrestler' plays before heading to a commercial break.

COMMERCIALS

Returning from commercials and there is an on-screen graphic depicting the tournament brackets for the North-American Title. It shows the first quarter final matches, and shows the following semi-final contest – Rey Mysterio vs. Sugar Daddy Lance.

Howard Finkel stands in the ring dressed in his usual suit and readies us for the next match, informing us that the winner of this match will fight for the North American Title at the Battle Lines PPV! Sugar Lance soon makes his entrance to a mixed reaction. He emerges with two beautiful women, one on each arm. It seems he’s garnering P.I.M.P status here in WAPW. He stands in the ring looking confident and somewhat playing the heel card and awaits the entrance of his opponent. Rey doesn’t disappoint, slapping hands with fans down the aisle before ultimately entering the ring. Rey offers his hand in respect, but Lance grins and backs into his corner and waits for the bell.

Match Four
Sugar Daddy Lance vs. Rey Mysterio
SUMMARY
To get to this stage both men won their quarterfinal match-ups, with Lance pinning Abyss, whilst Rey defeated a distraught Alex Shelley. Lance certainly had his size going for him, towering above the 5 foot 6 Rey and standing at 6 foot 7 inches tall. Throughout his career though, Rey has defied odds, constantly being the underdog in terms of size and it wasn’t unlike him to beat larger opponents. His speed would usually be key – but Lance had that in abundance. In many ways, Lance is the ultimate wrestler – tall, powerful and agile. However what Rey had on his side was heart – a whole lot of it! It seemed like he managed to pull the win out of the bag, drop toe holding Lance into the second rope, hitting a 619! However what Rey wasn’t expecting was a bitter Alex Shelley to be nearby! Running down to ringside and when the referees back was turned, hitting Rey who was standing on the apron with a low-blow! Lance then put Rey in a suplex position over the ropes, and turned it into a running powerbomb! 1,2,3!
Winner @ 11.21 mins – Sugar Daddy Lance

Lance Hoyt’s hand, or arm, was raised in the air in victory. He celebrated with his two girls, heading to the back with them. Shelley meanwhile stood at ringside and watched as Rey held his stomach in the ring, trying to fathom what the hell just happened. As Mysterio lent through the ropes and faced Shelley, he was nailed with a hard shot with that TNA X-Division Title belt! Shelley then fled to the back looking awfully pleased with himself, feeding off the boos from the crowd.

The camera then fixates on the winner from the match, Sugar Daddy Lance who with his two girls is celebrating with champagne – pouring it down their chests and drinking vast quantities from the bottle. He then yells "I’m going to Battle Lines baby!"

The next stop on the cameraman’s journey is backstage where Shane Douglas is standing outside MVP’s locker room, trying to get word on his upcoming match. Just he leans in to knock, the door opens with Jack Evans exiting.

Douglas – Jack Evans you’re live here on Wednesday Night Hazard, you’ve obviously been in the locker room with MVP – how is he feeling going into his big match with Christian Cage?

Evans – I’m feeling great Shane, thanks for asking. I suppose you also want to know ‘where Jack Evans is going now’, right?

Douglas – Uh, no I was actually wonder..

Evans – Well Shane, ya boy' Jack Evans is gonn' tell you. See after losing to Paul London earlier this evening in a number one contenders match for the Cruiserweight Title, I figure there’s only one way I can recover from an upset like that...

Douglas – An UPSET?

Evans leers at Shane with a look of sheer disgust, before carrying on like nothing had happened.

Evans – ... And that way is to issue an open challenge to any Cruiserweight in the entire world. That’s right Shane, at Battle Lines, Jack Evans - from the heavens - is going to stand before you and face whoever has the balls to show up. And Teddy Hart, Paul London, whoever the champion is after Battle Lines – after I dispose of MY opponent – I’m coming for your Cruiserweight belt.

Evans extends his arm seemingly offering a handshake. Before Shane can even process the thought, Evans retracts it thinking he's 'got one over' on Douglas. He walks off, with Shane wondering 'what the hell is up with that kid'.

COMMERCIALS

With the main-event just mere minutes away, we returned from another bout of commercials to the sight of Brother Ray and Devon backstage in the medical room. Devon is holding an ice-pack on his shoulder. Scott Hudson enters and asks Ray what he has to say about losing earlier tonight. Ray takes the mic and looks into the camera with intent.

Ray – Gen-Ex, it would appear that apologies are in order. It would appear that Team 3D haven’t been giving you the credit which you rightfully deserve. We clearly overlooked you, so on that note – we’re sorry. We’re sorry - you’re clearly bigger bitches than we thought you were. You somehow managed to bend the rules to your liking once again and you got one over on us. To be honest, I thought WE were pretty good at being little scamps who could cheat to win, but clearly you punks have us beat on that. Boys, it’s no use me talking anymore. I could go on and on about how we deserve a match with you, but you wouldn’t listen. So here’s something you’re gonna have to listen to. I’ve been speaking to Paul Heyman, and it would seem that there are two tag-teams needed to fight for those belts at Battle Lines. Well who better than Team 3D – and the team that have beaten us two times in a row – Austin Aries and Roderick Strong. Since you’re so cocky and confident, I guess it’s a no-brainer. What I also said to Paul was about a stipulation. Paul, being the hardcore enthusiast that he is, agreed that for you to get back in the ring with us it would have to be with higher stakes. So what higher stakes than the tag-team titles on the line in a TABLES MATCH! A match which the two of you have never competed in as a tag-team, a match of which the two of us almost never lose. Boys, soak it up. Enjoy the lime-light. Enjoy watching my brother Devon with an injured shoulder. Enjoy it now, because at Battle Lines – we’re taking it away from you.

Shane Douglas is still standing outside of MVP’s locker room waiting for comments on his impending match. The door opens. Burke, Aries, Strong then Evans exit. They divide, allowing MVP to walk in the centre. Shane asks for a quick word on the match, but MVP pie-faces the camera out of the way.

Scott Hudson is seen backstage waiting for any sign of Bret Hart arriving. Hudson looks at his watch as if to say "Time's up - I guess he's not coming". Hudson then exits the picture. The camera initially follows his exit, but upon hearing the screeching of tires - it returns to the previous scene where a limo pulls up. Could it be? We fade to a commercial break at a very inconvenient time...

COMMERCIALS

Returning for the final half-hour of Hazard - it's main-event time! Howard Finkel stands dead-centre of the ring. He announces the following contest, and first introduces the lumberjacks : first, the heels come to the ring including Ted Hart, Kennedy, The French Connection – Sylvan and Rene, The United Kingdom – McGuiness and S.O.S, then finally Gen Ex. They surround half of the ring, before a stream of fan favourites begin to walk to the ring. They include – Mysterio, Mistico, Brent Albright, Street Inc – JTG and Shad, The Briscoes’ and finally Goldberg.

It is then time for the competitors entrance. MVP first makes his way to the ring to a positively negative reception. He does his signature poses before awaiting the arrival of his opponent.

The count down clock appears on the big screen. 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 – "this – is Christian Cage". He makes his way to the ring to a great reception, grinning for all of his ‘peeps’. When he enters the ring he is all set for business. A Christian chant

Match Five
MVP vs. Christian Cage – Lumberjack Match
SUMMARY
Ordinarily in a match involving MVP the odds would be somewhat stacked against his opponent. Last week on Hazard all that stopped Goldberg and Christian Cage from getting a much-deserved win was the interference of Gen-Ex. This week however the ring would be surrounded by impartial lumberjacks, ensuring that the competitors had nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide. The odds were even in this huge match-up.

It wasn’t long before the lumberjacks were called into action, as MVP was tossed out of the ring in amongst the heel crowd. Luckily Gen-Ex were close by and they helped Porter return to the ring safely.

As the bout progressed it swung in both competitors direction, each establishing decent chances to kill-off the match. MVP wasted a good chance to end it with what seemed to be a 'playmaker' from the top rope, however he took too long to execute the manoeuvre, instead taunting in the direction of the crowd. This allowed Christian to pull of an unbelievable move - with MVP's leg slung across the back of his neck he used the leverage to tip him up and over the ropes, landing on a group of heel lumberjacks! Gen-Ex began brawling with some of the fellow lumberjacks, which allowed MVP to retreat to the ring. However salvation was not what he got, as within a minute Christian had got the chance. With MVP reeling, he nailed him with a reverse DDT! 1-2-but Jack Evans of all people managed to pull the referee out of the ring. This ensured that a brawl would erupt between both sides of the lumberjacks. With no referee it was left for the crowd to do the counting. The crowd were interrupted however and definitely for the better - they couldn't believe their eyes - BRET HART ran down to the ring amidst all the chaos, wearing a referee's shirt! MVP was back on his feet, but walked straight into an unprettier! Bret counts - 1,2,3!!
Winner @ 16.31 mins – Christian Cage

Inside the ring Christian celebrates for the masses watching. Outside, the chaos is dying down as security step in to break it up. With the heels on one side of the apron, and the faces on another, Goldberg stands in the middle facing the ring staring at Christian with a controlled-hunger in his eyes. Kennedy also managed to escape, standing behind the other side of the ring watching on as Bret Hart raises the hand of Christian! It ends on that graphic.

Styles -Could this be what we witness in just eleven days, at Battle Lines?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.