Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Help Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #3868 (permalink)
Sephiroth
Pizza Is My Business

Sephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by SeabsSephiroth is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTheBloody View Post
Without Remorse is one of my top ten favorite shows ever. Seriously. It's not only the show where Davey won his first belt in ROH, but it was the formation of Team Work.

After watching it a couple times after my initial review of it, I have Strong/McGuinness at ****1/4, the opener and (not even kidding) Mark Briscoe vs Joey Matthews both at four stars, and Claudio/Generico and the Ultimate Endurance at ***3/4. But Without Remorse was the fourth show of 2008, so I guess I'll wait on the Florida shows to completely bury ROH for ever and ever and ever.

Also, Injustice II was the first time someone other than Chris Hero made the first challenge of the year to the ROH Title since Aries defended against Cabana at It All Begins back in 2004. They couldn't have found SOME way of getting him in the match...a cardboard cutout or something...
The opener of Without Remorse and the last two matches are the only redeeming qualities. If you look at January as a whole, it was pretty bad with maybe 2 matches on each show worth seeing. In 08's offense, it was probably the 2nd best January for ROH. The year before was atrocious with two awful awful shows.