Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Renegade™ & PARANoIR Present: WWE 2006

View Single Post

Old 02-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
TKOW
Waiting for Kurt Angle to come home

TKOW 15501 - 16000TKOW 15501 - 16000TKOW 15501 - 16000TKOW 15501 - 16000TKOW 15501 - 16000TKOW 15501 - 16000TKOW 15501 - 16000TKOW 15501 - 16000TKOW 15501 - 16000TKOW 15501 - 16000TKOW 15501 - 16000
Default Re: Renegade™ Presents: WWE 2006 - The Return Of Sexehness

Edit: I only just realised that you've posted another RAW since the first one, but I've spent half an hour writing this so you might as well have it. Bear with me, as I am quite the nitpicker. Besides the thread hasn't been around for a long time, so give me some time to get into it.

- The next match was indeed a squash so I can't say much about it, but I will say Tony will be very disappointed. Coach's promo was good, pretty much in character, and the Kane/Brown confrontation was a nice touch as well. I assume Kane will be jobbing to Brown.

- @ Austin, "Christian you stupid little bastard". Just one thing, I don't think Austin has ever referred to himself as 'The Texas Rattlesnake' and it sounded a little out of place to say that, but apart from that Austin's characterisation was perfect. '...WRONG REASON!' was the absolute perfect reaction that Austin should've given to Christian so props again. The confrontation was good, and it was smart to have Austin stun Tomko before his fall to Christian. So far this is my favourite feud on the show.

Oh and @ JR and King's reactions. Great characterisation. (Oh btw, if you haven't noticed already I use "characterisation" a lot. )

- I can't really comment on Mickie/Trish but I will ask a question; has Trish been champion since New Year's Revolution 2005? I assume she has since this is a 2006 BTB and you called it an "amazing" title run. Let me know plz.

- MNM's interview wasn't my favourite segment of the night. I know Melina is essentially the mouthpiece of the group, but it would've been nice to see Nitro or Mercury talk about the tag team championships rather than her. It didn't seem right for her to say 'We're the best thing going in tag team wrestling' when she's not actually part of the team.

- The Cena/Foley segment was mainly good. The Battle Royal Announcement pretty much gave away for definite that Edge was retaining the WWE Championship (even though everyone pretty much guessed that anyway). Cena's lines were okay but seemed slightly generic. Rocky's little appearance at the end was awesome, and I guess we're going to see a sloooow build for Cena/Rock at WrestleMania. Nice.

- The 8-Man Tag was okay but it's difficult to comment with the matches being recapped this way. Anyway, I'm glad AJ got the win and AJ Styles vs. Shelton Benjamin will be epic. LADDER MATCH plz.

- Lesnar's promo was okay, but like Cena's earlier, it was somewhat generic.

- Lesnar/RVD was the easiest match to read, albeit it could've done with a little more detail. I liked the ending though - it kept RVD safe by losing to Lesnar via cheating, and Lesnar looked good by getting the win without burying RVD.

- The WWE Championship match was the best of the night without a doubt. I simply love matches with all the big interferences. Shane's promo afterwards was alright but I don't think he'd call his dad Vince. Apart from that, a strong way to end the show with the announcement of the Ambulance Match at Armageddon. I expect a few monkeyspots from Shane leading to a Game win.

OVERALL: Overall Reney, I was impressed. It's been a while since you've had a thread going, and I think I'd forgotten how good you can actually be. Some of the promos were a little off, but as you said yourself, there's a little rust that will soon wear off. If this is what you can produce in your first show, I can't wait to see what you're going to be giving us within a few more weeks!