Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northeast Wisconsin
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread
I've lost 20 pounds in the last 2 months simply by eating better, having a slim fast shake for breakfast, and working out 4 days a week.
When I played football in college, I started out at 170 pounds. I finished my career at 270 lbs (I'm 265 now). I never took creatine or any supplement, I simply ate more (lots of protein) and worked my ass off. Here's my steps if you'd like to add muscle.
1. Stretch and do some light walking (10 min) to get your blood flowing.
2. ALWAYS finish your sets. I don't care if you fail out 4 reps into your last set, have a spotter there make you work for it. This always pisses me off when some retard takes a shit load of supplements but then doesn't put them to use.
3. Quit doing leg presses and start doing squats. Leg presses are nice if you're trying to lose weight (right here), but if you wanna add muscle, start squatting. I know it'll hurt your confidence that you can only do 3x10 of 135, but it will work on everything from your legs to your back to your core to your neck.
4. When you eat, always have 2-4 servings of meat (depending on how much muscle you want to gain). Protein from meat works just as well as protein out of those shiny containers. In fact, I'll go farther and say that there's nothing in supplements that you can't get out of food. Sometimes you will have to eat till you feel like puking, that'll happen. And stop drinking soda too.
5. Don't expect to be huge after a month. Keep track of little bits of progress and keep positive. For example, I can see my abs for the first time since 2 months after football, it's pretty awesome. Always compliment yourself and never take anything for granted.
Now go ahead and get pissed at me for saying that supplements are bullshit (which most of them are).
Jun Kasai > You