Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #135 (permalink)
El Conquistador
Veni, vidi, vici

El Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whoreEl Conquistador is a rep whore
Default Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWhatIdo View Post
I agree with cardio being important, but high intensity cardio burns muscle not fat. You have to do longer periods of low intensity cardio to stay lean. If you do 30 minutes of high itnensity, you are hindering your progress.
That's completely 100% false. You burn your carbs first, then your fat, then your muscle mass. Which is why you lift first rather than run first. The lifting will burn your carbs, the high intensity cardio session will burn the fat.

Also, why in the fuck would you want to do an extra 30 minutes of cardio when you could do the same amount of work in a lesser amount of time? That makes no sense at all. Time is an important element. If you're not sweating and working hard then why work out in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near
Abs 2-3 times a week, at the most. Your abs are just like your calves and forearms, they rejuvenate a lot more quickly than the rest of your muscles.

Macros all depend on the person.

I suggest 40% Protein/40% Carbs/ 20% Fat
Right. Abs have the ability genetically to recover faster which is why you can train em' from 3-5 times a week depending on the intensity. Same principles as any other muscle really. If you hit your chest or legs hard on Monday and you're hella sore the next day, then you definitely shouldn't do it again on Wednesday.

You're right on the macros. It does depend on the person. I'm just saying what worked best for me was moderate protein/low carbs/low fat. My body stores carbs as fat which is a damn shame, my metabolism sucks.

I was just given him a brief model and didn't go into much detail.

A$AP
El Conquistador is offline   Reply With Quote