Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

526K views 6K replies 634 participants last post by  Nostalgia 
#1 ·
Thought I would bring this thread back, has died many times before but hopefully we can keep it going this time. Basically discuss anything to do with working out, weight lifting, body building, dieting, etc. Feel free to give people tips, ask and answer questions, whatever you guys want.

I started pretty recently myself. Never did anything up until I was like 18 as I was always playing high school sports so never had to worry about getting out of shape. Started doing casually since then and now been going hard for the past 4 months about. I am stronger in virtually every area now, stuff is starting to take shape and I am pretty damn happy with the results.

Goal now is to bulk up, which is tougher then it sounds :$

#274 ·
That's how I do my creatine (when I do pay for it). It really isn't a big deal. See how it works for you along with what works best for you. My advice isn't going to help ya' at all if none of my theories don't suit your body, you know? You just got to develop your on flair and the gains will follow along shortly after.

Remember one thing: results don't come over night.

#276 ·
I wouldn't say cycle on and off of any creatine every month... sometimes it takes a couple weeks to get in your system. every 60 days or two bottles (if you use BSN or Gaspari or Cont Labs, etc)... if you use just plain creatine pills, at least 60 days, then 30 days off and you should be good.

Problem with not cycling off of any supplement (not including aminos, vitamins, and minerals) is that your body gets used to them and your results start to plateau... just like working out with the same routine too long or eating the exact same stuff for too long. Your body gets used to it and stops improving.

I know a guy that is on steroids (test injections only) and he has been on them for so long that his body has plateaued and he has stopped getting stronger, has actually lost a little muscle, and has started to lose the cut he had. He is scared of cycling off, but he is getting to the point that he has to.

#278 ·
Well, my weigh-in was today! I started our contest at 236.8 on 1-1 and finished today at 194.4 (42.4 lost). Just shows that sticking to a consistent diet with very little cheats can work for you. Had a hell of a cheat meal tonight though. Back on a revised diet starting tomorrow. Still working on that six pack... not quitting until I get it.

I won the contest btw.

#281 ·
Nice job dude, congrats on losing so much, that is great :D

I got a long term goal set for myself right now. Hoping by end of August I can put on about 25 pounds but be solid and not chunky. Not sure if that goal is a little out of the ball park but going to give it a try.

#280 ·
We just did max-outs for lifting at football I got the following weights...

Squat-315
Bench-235
Incline-205
Push Press-185
Power Clean-185

I weigh about 210. I was hoping for more for my clean but it's never been my lift.

#287 ·
I didn't see this thread till now. I will pretty much live here since I know that it exists.

I know some of you would never believe me if you've seen me review anything, given how much time I put on that.

But I pretty much live in the Gym, go 5-6 days a Week and pretty much only take Sunday's and the odd Saturday off.

I also go for 2-3 hours so I don't half ass anything, and some might think that's too much but I like taking my time.

I'm not a body builder or anthing in the true sense, I've just got a decent build. I do it more for how I feel good rather then look, I always say the "look" is just an added bonus.

I usually consume 3,000 to 4,000 calories a day and with everything I do I know I at least burn 4,000 to 5,000 a day so if anthing I just tone up.

#289 ·
Good news is, that you're aware of this BAD feeling when you don't go so it'll motivate you to go more often and you'll feel BETTER because of it.

Also the fact it'll be easier to burn fast considering you've started to go.

That's the thing I love about the Gym, you can take breaks and sure you might gain fat, lose muscle here and there, but not anything overly significant as long as you're relatively smart with what you choose to consume and live your life.

Muscle has memory.

#292 ·
I am naturally pretty skinny. My dad was the exact same way he said until he was up into his late 20's and then started to gain and now is up right around 200, has a bit of belly but is fucking strong.

Really if I gain anything I will be pretty happy. Like I said before I been working out for a while now, probably about 8 months so far and I am still the exact same weight as I was when I started. The difference now is that I am actually toned and bigger, so I guess I lost whatever fat there was there. I do not gain because I do not really have time to eat the huge amounts of calories. For 8 months I have college and then my summer job entails me to be up at 5:30am and then home at about 7pm so there is no way I have the time to put down the 4000 calories. In the summer I have snacks at certain times of the day and then usually a big supper, not these 6 small meals that everyone talks about.

#293 ·
Problem with those 5-6 meal a day programs is it doesnt allow you to get hungry. You want to pack on weight, you have your basic 3. Have dinner when your real hungry and are able to gorge yourself.

When I was starting to lose weight. Read about a good 10 diet programs where they said to have something to eat between meals to keep away that "Hungry" feeling. I say have your basic 2, then for dinner. If you have to wait till like 8pm until you got a good "hungry" feeling going strong and then gorge yourself like mad. Also helps to pack some in before going to bed. Sleep and let the calories soak in.
Work out some while you do it, then adjust to working out hard along with it. Wouldnt start both instantly. Would seem youd be kind of spinning your wheels, not really going anywhere.

#299 ·
OOOO YEAH, Hittin the gym the next few days before work in the afternoon! Freak out, freak out.

Lookin forward to it seeing as I prett much took all last week off. I'm regularly active and in decent shape so it didn't kill me, but I need to get back to the gym at least 3-4 days a WEEK AT MINIMUM seeing as I used to always go 5-6 since last Spring.

#300 ·
Don't get excited, this isnt a return, hate to disappoint. Here's the playlist:

Roy Jones- Can't Be Touched
Mobb Deep- Hectic
Roy Jones- Y'all Must've Forgot
Mobb Deep- Survival Of The Fittest
Dr. Dre- What's the Difference
Floyd Mayweather- Yep
50 Cent- I Dont Know Officer
50 Cent- Be A Gentleman
Freeway- What We Do
Lil Jon- White Meat

Sometimes I'll do a GnR/Metallica playlist, just not now.

#303 ·
I just listen to like any rock, metal, etc..

What I really like when I am running on my treadmill is a song that will start off slow, then go super fast! Like Bodies..

#305 ·
I really listen to anything on my iPod when working out, does not matter.

Some of my top songs though would be:

All That Remains - This Calling
Bullet For My Valentine - Hand of Blood
A Day to Remember - I'M Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?
Bleeding Through - Sister Charlatan
Disturbed - Down With The Sickness
Eminem - Till I Collapse (ft. Nate Dogg)
Finch - Ink
Five Finger Death Punch - The Bleeding
Hoobastank - Same Direction
Hoobastank - Out of Control
Papa Roach - Getting Away With Murder
Papa Roach - Alive(N' Out of Control)
Rev Theory - Hell Yeah
Silent Civilian - Funeral
Sixx:A.M. - Life is Beautiful
Slipknot - Before I Forget
Trivium - Departure
TRUSTcompany - Stronger

Large list, but I like my music :eek:

---------
On another note, all my stuff got delayed in mail. Not here till March 10th now :(

#306 ·
I actually dislike listening to music while in the midst of a workout. There's times when I purposely forget my IPOD so I don't subject myself to music but then I come to the realization that the gym's music SUCKS.

If anything:

50 Cent - Many Men
Big Tymers - Real Big
Eminem ft. 50 Cent & Tupac - Till I Collapse (Remix)
Kid Rock - Roll On
Lil Wayne - Boom (Zoom Remix)
Rev Theory - Hell Yeah
Rev Theory - Voices :)o)
Snoop Dogg - One and Only
The Game ft. NeYo - Camera Phone

#312 ·
Wish I had a home gym, but I don't have the money to build what I would want.

As far as playlist, I have just a few on my ipod:

The Game - Motorhead
Glass Breaks (SCSA theme) - Disturbed
Stupify - Disturbed
Enter Sandman - Metallica
So Far Away - Staind
Going in Blind - POD
Bodies - Drowning Pool
The Way I Am - Eminem
Lose Yourself - Eminem
One Step Closer - Linkin Park
Here Comes the Boom - Nelly

That's just some off the top of my head.

#317 ·
Yay for double posting :side:

Just took the creatine post workout, was recommended I take 2 scoops of the Cell Tech Hardcore. Right after I took it I got a stomach ache almost instantly and felt like garbage for probably about 10 minutes. Maybe just because this stuff is new to me? If not I do not know if I could handle taking it all the time. Made me have to piss like a race horse to, been like half an hour since I took it and have been having to go drain the tank almost every 10 minutes.

Answer questions above to :p

#318 ·
It might be in your mind a little too much. Creatine will make you piss more, and MuscleTech products did tend to hurt my overall sense of well being, but it really shouldnt be that severe if you're taking the recommended amount. Maybe do half the amount next time. I'd do creatine pre and post workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.