Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

526K views 6K replies 634 participants last post by  Nostalgia 
#1 ·
Thought I would bring this thread back, has died many times before but hopefully we can keep it going this time. Basically discuss anything to do with working out, weight lifting, body building, dieting, etc. Feel free to give people tips, ask and answer questions, whatever you guys want.

I started pretty recently myself. Never did anything up until I was like 18 as I was always playing high school sports so never had to worry about getting out of shape. Started doing casually since then and now been going hard for the past 4 months about. I am stronger in virtually every area now, stuff is starting to take shape and I am pretty damn happy with the results.

Goal now is to bulk up, which is tougher then it sounds :$

#202 ·
I worked out last night for about an hour yesterday for the first time in a hell of a long time. My thighs and mid-section are killing me right now lol. Pretty much did some leg presses, a couple of bicep and triceps workouts, ab excercise, and a lot of running/bicycle.

Anyone have any good ab workouts besides crunches/sit-ups?

#227 ·
Rated RKO™;6923244 said:
When you guys make your protein do you toss some icecream or anything in the blender with it? Do you guys think that putting that in there would be bad?

I normally put two scoops or protein, some icecream, milk, yogurt and some frozen fruit in. Is that good for a shake?
Ice cream? Are you serious?

:lmao

Put in bananas or oats. Not some fattening fucking ice cream, son. Oats are as far as I'd go but bananas aren't bad either.

#245 ·
Been a couple years and your ankle still cant receive the stress. Id have it checked out again. Or maybe your just testing it to much. I had a knee operation. But I dont go testing it. I know what it can do and dont try pushing it any farther. If I did try, It probably would actually get weaker or even blow out again.

On a side note. Im sorry to hear you want to attend the police academy. But your from Utah, so probably arnt as bad as the rest.

#246 ·
I had a knee operation. But I don’t go testing it. I know what it can do and don’t try pushing it any farther. If I did try, It probably would actually get weaker or even blow out again.
I had my knee operated on about 4 years ago due to an injury sustained about 13 years ago. I had torn cartilage which cannot be repaired so I get constant knee pain. I have to be careful doing legs. I don't squat and I have to be careful training hamstrings.
Another supplement I take is fish oil tablets and glucosamine. They help with my joints. It’s not fun getting old.

#274 ·
That's how I do my creatine (when I do pay for it). It really isn't a big deal. See how it works for you along with what works best for you. My advice isn't going to help ya' at all if none of my theories don't suit your body, you know? You just got to develop your on flair and the gains will follow along shortly after.

Remember one thing: results don't come over night.

#276 ·
I wouldn't say cycle on and off of any creatine every month... sometimes it takes a couple weeks to get in your system. every 60 days or two bottles (if you use BSN or Gaspari or Cont Labs, etc)... if you use just plain creatine pills, at least 60 days, then 30 days off and you should be good.

Problem with not cycling off of any supplement (not including aminos, vitamins, and minerals) is that your body gets used to them and your results start to plateau... just like working out with the same routine too long or eating the exact same stuff for too long. Your body gets used to it and stops improving.

I know a guy that is on steroids (test injections only) and he has been on them for so long that his body has plateaued and he has stopped getting stronger, has actually lost a little muscle, and has started to lose the cut he had. He is scared of cycling off, but he is getting to the point that he has to.

#292 ·
I am naturally pretty skinny. My dad was the exact same way he said until he was up into his late 20's and then started to gain and now is up right around 200, has a bit of belly but is fucking strong.

Really if I gain anything I will be pretty happy. Like I said before I been working out for a while now, probably about 8 months so far and I am still the exact same weight as I was when I started. The difference now is that I am actually toned and bigger, so I guess I lost whatever fat there was there. I do not gain because I do not really have time to eat the huge amounts of calories. For 8 months I have college and then my summer job entails me to be up at 5:30am and then home at about 7pm so there is no way I have the time to put down the 4000 calories. In the summer I have snacks at certain times of the day and then usually a big supper, not these 6 small meals that everyone talks about.

#306 ·
I actually dislike listening to music while in the midst of a workout. There's times when I purposely forget my IPOD so I don't subject myself to music but then I come to the realization that the gym's music SUCKS.

If anything:

50 Cent - Many Men
Big Tymers - Real Big
Eminem ft. 50 Cent & Tupac - Till I Collapse (Remix)
Kid Rock - Roll On
Lil Wayne - Boom (Zoom Remix)
Rev Theory - Hell Yeah
Rev Theory - Voices :)o)
Snoop Dogg - One and Only
The Game ft. NeYo - Camera Phone

#312 ·
Wish I had a home gym, but I don't have the money to build what I would want.

As far as playlist, I have just a few on my ipod:

The Game - Motorhead
Glass Breaks (SCSA theme) - Disturbed
Stupify - Disturbed
Enter Sandman - Metallica
So Far Away - Staind
Going in Blind - POD
Bodies - Drowning Pool
The Way I Am - Eminem
Lose Yourself - Eminem
One Step Closer - Linkin Park
Here Comes the Boom - Nelly

That's just some off the top of my head.

#338 ·
Alright, I can do that. How long do you think I would have to stay in the sauna to drop ten pounds or so? I got a YMCA pretty about an hour from here, but unless the have a scale there, I wouldn't know how much I lost.

Reactions: bruteshot74
#344 ·
I'd go with a bench set if you don't already have that. Olympic barbell, weights, and an actual bench would do you good with an adjustable rack. That way you can get in all of your main compound lifts (OHP, Bench Press, Squat, Deadlift, Powerclean). Much more versatile to go with this, you can do just about anything with it.

That's assuming you don't have that already though. If you do, I'd say they're worth the investment. You'll easily be able to OHP, DB Row, and Bench Press way more than 52.5 lbs or w/e but you could still do bi's and tri's with that weight. It'd be worth the edition I guess.

#435 ·
I told you dude... that sugar is too much for most people to handle, especially during and after working out. The bulk stuff is cheaper and better anyway.

As far as after WO for me... I have homemade protein bars that I eat when I get home. If I can't go home pretty quick, I just grab something... you need some carbs, actually simple carbs are better right after WO, and some protein... whey is best because your body will digest it faster.

#442 ·
Cheers mate. I'd never eat a pizza after work out,but when i first took a football coaching course,my tutor told me that chocolate is good for the first hour afterwards cos you need to get sugar back into your body. Its known as the "Golden Hour" (i shit you not). Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: austinrockera
#444 ·
He is right... Mens Health states that the best post workout drink is actually chocolate milk.

If I remember right, you do want to spike your insulin after working out because it helps rush nutrients to your muscles. Don't go overboard, but some sugar will help. Hell, the muscle tech has 75grams of sugar in a serving. If you are going to cheat a little, post workout is the time.

#490 ·
Personally I do an hour of lifting, each part having there own day, usually 5 times a week. Then I do cardio every single day. On my workout days I usually go for 30 minutes after and then on non workout days it is 45 mins in the morning. Really depends on what you want to do. Do not have to listen to what other people say, just experiment and you will find something that works for you.

#495 ·
Thanks to all for the help.

Did weight machines this morning and then hit the treadmill for another half hour or so.
Basically went through pretty much every machine doing 2-3 sets on each just to feel them all out and see what they're like.
Left the gym more tired than ever so i guess it works :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.