Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Help Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #3214 (permalink)
ROHFan4Life
Forum Lurker

ROHFan4Life ROHFan4Life ROHFan4Life
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Help Thread

Driven 2007:

BONUS Matches
ROH World Title Match:
Takeshi Morishima (c) vs. Adam Pearce **
Basically another squash and why did Pearce deserve a title match?

SHIMMER Tag Match:
Lacey & Rain vs. Daizee Haze & MsChif ** 1/2
Your basic women's tag match with some good double team moves by Lacey & Rain.

Grudge Match:
Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero *** 1/4
An average match and fun to watch. Better than their match at Supercard of Honor II.

Glory by Honor V: Night 2 Rematch:
Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA *****
This was my pick for MOTY and better than the PPV main event. Just a tiny notch lower than the original match, but this was just as good. KENTA's no-sell of the G2S was very annoying, but I'm not going to let it ruin this perfect, underrated match. This should be seen.

PPV:
6-Man Tag Team Match:
Roderick Strong, Davey Richards & Rocky Romero vs. Erick Stevens, Matt Cross & Delirious ****
A great opener that served its purpose of firing up the crowd and set the tone for a fantastic night of wrestling.

Singles Match:
Matt Sydal vs. Claudio Castagnoli *** 3/4
Claudio cotinues to show how well he works with the smaller guys and just does some crazy move sequences with Sydal, especially the move where he tossed Sydal up in the air like a pizza. Great match for 8 minutes.

Singles Match:
Naomichi Marufuji vs. BJ Whitmer *** 1/2
Your standard ROH match here as these wrestlers do some dives to the outside, tease finishing moves, hit good sequences of moves, but don't win, and provide the occasional crazy spot to try and make the match memorable. Not complaining because this is what I love about ROH; Mid card matches provide a good match without it having to be too much.

Squash Match:
Brent Albright vs. Pelle Primeau *****
A perfect squash that makes Albright look like a monster after he was hyped as a hitman on Respect is Earned.

ROH World Tag Team Title Match:
The Briscoe Brothers (c) vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico ****
A great match here, but after I saw their FYF: Philly match, I was expecting this match to be similar, but it was still great match to show how awesome this feud was going to be. The outside spots were really brutal and escalated the match from a regular title defense to a real hate filled match.

ROH World Title Match:
Takeshi Morishima (c) vs. Jimmy Rave ** 3/4
Again, why does this wrestler deserve the title shot? Another squash for Morishima to prove how big a monster he is, but we still didn't get a good title match out of it.

#1 Contender's Match:
Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness *****
A MOTYC and an awesome match with brawling, strikes, technical wrestling, and a hot finish. The finish was hot, but the win came out of nowhere and too quickly for my taste, but I got over it because this was another awesome match in the McGuinness/Danielson series.

Overall, get this DVD. It's a perfect show and IMO, beter than Man Up! because it builds throughout to an awesome main event with other good moments such as Aries' return, Sydal's alliance to Sweet N Sour, and the Pearce promo to accompany the wrestling unlike Man Up! where they only have matches and the great Danielson promo.