Wrestling Forum banner

WWE: A Strong Response

542K views 2K replies 175 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 · (Edited)
WWE: A STRONG RESPONSE
The Backstory​

Following No Mercy last night and after a difficult year with ratings and pay-per-view buys taking a downward turn, the steroids and Chris Benoit scandal, the WWE have been forced to take the company in a different direction, starting immediately.

Stephanie McMahon has been joined by Shane McMahon and Nigel Smith to head up the creative team that will see Smith take charge of writing both Raw and Smackdown. Vince McMahon has decided that wrestling and competition must become the main focus of the shows ahead of over the top storylines that have left viewers frustrated and fed up with WWE programming. It must be noted that the McMahon’s may still make appearances on television as Vince in particular sees himself as a top ratings puller.

If things couldn’t have been going much worse for the company, their top star John Cena was injured last week and will be out injured for around 7 to 12 months. With Cena pulling in a lot of ratings and being by far the top seller in regards to merchandise, it is expected that he may have some kind of role in the television shows, but that is only being discussed at the moment.

With regards to the low PPV buys, the WWE have decided that only five pay-per-views will remain in place for the next calendar year at bigger arena’s with the Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, King of the Ring making its return, Summerslam and Survivor Series being the five to add importance to the shows that were lacking in meaning and were rushed like the shows that have been in place this year. With this in mind, Saturday Nights Main Event will return in March and August, but we will also see the show at the end of December too, which will start at the end of this year. By doing this, the WWE are trying to make the TV shows seem more important and to add some more credibility to them and the company in the process.

Another one of several major decisions has seen ECW scrapped immediately due to its poor ratings and feedback from agents. This was seen to be coming for a long time and with its small roster, they have been split between both Raw and Smackdown rosters, which have also seen some changes between them, but none of any major note this far.

However, several workers have been removed from the rosters on WWE.com with Ric Flair and King Booker along with his wife Queen Sharmell apparently leaving the company after lots of speculation around their current situations. This is not seen as a big surprise as Flair and Booker had made themselves very unpopular with management in the build up to their disappearance from television tapings. It must be noted that it has NOT been confirmed by either parties that they have indeed left the company. The other main departure sees Vickie Guerrero leave her role as General Manager of Smackdown, but this is due mainly to family reasons with Vickie missing her children and vice versa. No replacement has been announced yet but Teddy Long will not be making a return to television in the near future. The Major Brothers have been removed from the roster but remain in Ohio Valley Wrestling since their disastrous debut on Smackdown after leaving ECW. Mike Knox has also been released from his WWE contract while ECW General Manager Armando Alejandro Estrada’s profile is no longer on the WWE website, but he has not been released, this is the same situation that Tazz, Joey Styles, Kelly Kelly, Layla and Brooke find themselves in since ECW’s demise.

On the injury front, John Cena as we know is out for the considerable future, Edge is recovering well and is set to return in the next 4 to 6 weeks. Bobby Lashley is pushing for a return at the end of the year and Gregory Helms is the only other long term absentee with a severe neck injury that will see him out until around June next year. Shawn Michaels remains on the sidelines at home following knee surgery several months ago, but there is no word on whether he is ready to return just yet.

On the TNA front, Bound For Glory takes place in six days time boosted by the news that they have signed former WWE superstars Rob Conway and Rob Van Dam. Any WWE return for Van Dam has officially gone out of the window now. However, the Chris Jericho debate continues to go on with neither Jericho or the WWE confirming that he has indeed signed a contract following the cryptic messages that have been displayed on Raw over the last few weeks.

Head of Authority: Eric Bischoff
Announce Team: Jim Ross & Jerry 'The King' Lawler
Ring Announcer: Lilian Garcia
Backstage Interviewers: Todd Grisham & Leticia Cline

~The Hall of Champions~

***Defeated Edge to win the vacant title at Backlash (27/4/09)***
PREVIOUS CHAMPION: Shawn Michaels (4)

***Won a fatal four-way on Raw (22/9/08)***
PREVIOUS CHAMPION: Ted DiBiase (1)

***Defeated Rey Mysterio & Mystico (1) on Raw (19/1/09)***

***Defeated Beth Phoenix (4) & O.D.B. at Extreme Rules (26/4/09)***

Carlito
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
Christopher Daniels
Cody Rhodes
Eddie Colon
Edge
Eugene
Ezekiel Jackson
Finlay
Goldust
Gregory Helms
Hardcore Holly
Jack Swagger
Joe Hennig
John Cena
John Morrison
JTG
Justin Gabriel
Kaval
Kofi Kingston
Matt Hardy
Mystico
Orlando Jordan
Rey Mysterio
Rob Van Dam
Shad Gaspard
Shannon Moore
Sheamus
The Miz
Zack Ryder

Divas
Angel Love
Brie Bella
Gail Kim
Kelly Kelly
Melina
Mia Rain
Nikki Bella
Queen Kong
Talia Sky

Tag Teams/Stables
Cryme Time
Eugene & Goldust
J'n'J (John Morrison & Justin Gabriel)
Picture Perfect (Angel Love & Talia Sky)
Rey Mysterio & Mystico
Team Omega (Matt Hardy, Gregory Helms & Shannon Moore)
The Bella Twins (Brie & Nikki)
The Colon Brothers
The Epitome of Excellence (Christopher Daniels & Kaval)
The King's Men (Cody Rhodes & Joe Hennig)

General Manager(s): Mr. McMahon & Stephanie McMahon
Announce Team: Michael Cole & Matt Striker
Ring Announcer: Justin Roberts
Backstage Interviewers: Josh Matthews & Maria

~The Hall of Champions~

***Defeated CM Punk (1) at Wrestlemania (29/3/09)***

***Defeated Matt Sydal (1) at the Royal Rumble (18/1/09)***

***Defeated The Empire (Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre) (1) on Smackdown (9/1/09)***

***Defeated Johnny Jeter (1) on Smackdown 14/11/08)***

***Defeated Beth Phoenix (4) & O.D.B. at Extreme Rules (26/4/09)***

Alberto Del Rio
Bobby Lashley
Brian Kendrick
Bryan Danielson
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Masters
Christian
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Elijah Burke
Harry Smith
Homicide
J-Red
Jamie Noble
Jay Lethal
Jimmy Yang
Johnny Devine
Johnny Jeter
Kid Kash
Matt Sydal
Michael Shane
Montel Vontavious Porter
Paul Burchill
Paul London
Petey Williams
Randy Orton
Ron Killings
Santino Marella
Shelton Benjamin
Sonjay Dutt
Super Crazy
Ted DiBiase
TJ Wilson
Wade Barrett
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu

Divas
Beth Phoenix
Jillian Hall
Katie Lee – Valet & Member of The Empire
Layla
Maria – Also a Backstage Interviewer
'The Million Dollar Woman' Maryse – Valet & Girlfriend of Ted DiBiase
Michelle McCool
Mickie James
Natalya Neidhart – Valet & Girlfriend of TJ Wilson
O.D.B.
Stepahnie McMahon – Executive Vice-President

Tag Teams/Stables
CM Punk & Homicide
Jimmy Yang & Sonjay Dutt
M.V.P. & Ron Killings
Paul London & Brian Kendrick
Power & Perfection (Bobby Lashley & Charlie Haas)
The Empire (Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett, William Regal & Katie Lee)
The Pitbulls (Jamie Noble & Kid Kash)
The UK Pack (Paul Burchill & Harry Smith)

FCW Heavyweight Champion
Ryback

FCW Tag Team Champions
The Rotundas

FCW Women's Champion
Nikki Roxx

FCW Television Champion
Damien Sandow

Alex Riley (Kevin Kiley)
'The Intellectual Saviour' Damien Sandow (Aaron Haddad)
Darren Young (Frederick Rosser)
'The Valedictorian' David Otunga
'The Maniacal Genius' Dean Ambrose (Jonathan Good)
Fandango (Jonathan Curtis)
'The Beast' G-Rilla (George Murdoch)
'The One Man Band' Heath Slater (Heath Miller)
The Mexican Assassin' Hunico (Jorge Arias)
Jay Uso (Joshua Fatu)
Jimmy Uso (Jonathan Fatu)
'The Human Wrecking Ball' Ryback (Ryan Reeves)
Taylor Rotunda
Tito Colon (Orlando Colon)
'The Ultimate Daredevil' Tyler Black (Colby Lopez)
Windham Rotunda
'The King of Charisma' Xavier Woods (Austin Watson)

Tag Teams/Stables
Alex Riley & Darren Young
Samoan Fury (Jimmy & Jay Uso)
The Harvard Alumni (David Otunga, Damien Sandow, Dean Ambrose & Alicia Fox)
The Rotundas (Taylor & Windham)

Female Performers
'The New Jersey Princess' AJ Lee (April Jeanette)
'The Complete Woman' Alicia Fox (Victoria Crawford)
'The Fearless Angel' Nikki Roxx (Nicole Raczynski)
'Queen Bitch' Rosa Mendes (Milena Roucka)
Serena Deeb
'The Girl Nextdoor' Shantelle Taylor (Shantelle Malawski)
Tamina Snuka (Sarona Reiher)

________

If anyone didn’t catch the No Mercy results from last night, here they are:

Triple H defeated Randy Orton to win the WWE Championship (11:15)

Mr. Kennedy and Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch defeated Jeff Hardy, Paul London and Brian Kendrick (8:06)

CM Punk defeated Big Daddy V (w/Matt Striker) by disqualification to retain the ECW Championship (1:37)

Triple H defeated Umaga to retain the WWE Championship (6:33)

Finlay fought Rey Mysterio to a no-contest (9:08)

Beth Phoenix defeated Candice Michelle to win the WWE Women's Championship (4:32)

Batista defeated The Great Khali (w/Ranjin Singh) in a Punjabi Prison match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship (14:47)

Randy Orton defeated Triple H in a Last Man Standing match to win the WWE Championship (20:25)

PAY-PER-VIEW SCHEDULE 2009

RAW & SMACKDOWN PRESENT:
King of the Ring (4 Hours)
Sunday 31st May
From The Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia

RAW PRESENTS:
Vengeance (3 Hours)
Sunday 14th June
From The Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

SMACKDOWN PRESENTS:
The Great American Bash (3 Hours)
Sunday 5th July
From The Scottrade Arena in St. Louis, Missouri

RAW & SMACKDOWN PRESENT:
SummerSlam (4 Hours)
Sunday 23rd August
From The Rogers Center in Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

OVERSEAS TELEVISION SCHEDULE 2009
(To be recorded due to time difference)

APRIL
Friday 3rd – Smackdown
(To be recorded on Tuesday 31st March)
The Sheffield Arena
Sheffield, England

Monday 6th – Raw
Adriatic Arena
Pesaro, Italy

Friday 10th – Smackdown
(To be recorded on Tuesday 7th April)
Olympiahalle
Munich, Germany

*Pay-Per-View History & Links*

Cyber Sunday 2007
2007 Survivor Series
2007 Year Ending Saturday Night's Main Event
2008 Royal Rumble
Pre-Wrestlemania Saturday Night's Main Event
Wrestlemania 24
Backlash 2008
Judgment Day 2008
2008 King of the Ring
Vengeance 2008
The Great American Bash 2008
Summerslam 2008
Unforgiven 2008
No Mercy 2008
2008 Survivor Series
Night of Champions 2008
2009 Royal Rumble (20th Annual)
No Way Out 2009
Wrestlemania 25 Pre-Show
Wrestlemania 25
Backlash 2009
Extreme Rules 2009

See less See more
#1,005 ·
Great preview Nige, as I said before I'm going to start reviewing after Backlash, anyways, here are my predictions:

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Kane (c) vs Randy Orton
Kane's getting a huge push, so I don't think a loss here would be good for him

NON SANCTIONED MATCH
Evolution vs The McMahon’s
Since Evolution won at Wrestlemania, and it's a non sanctioned match, they might steal the victory.

John Cena vs Kenny Dykstra
Cena is a more established star, we would lose a lot of credibility if he lost to Kenny.

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Kofi Kingston (c) vs Cody Rhodes

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Paul London & Brian Kendrick (c) vs John Morrison & The Miz

NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP
Candice Michelle vs Kelly Kelly vs Natalya Neidhart vs Melina

Finlay vs Santino Marella
Santino is a jobber, it wouldn't be logic for Finlay to lose to him.

QUESTIONS

What match will open the show?
John Cena vs. Kenny Dykstra

Which match will be the main event?
Kane vs. Randy Orton

How many title changes will there be, if any?

Will Kelly Kelly turn on either Kofi Kingston or Cody Rhodes during any part of their match?
No

Will there be any influential run ins?
No
If yes, how many?
No

#1,006 ·
PREDICTIONS TEMPLATE

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Kane (c) vs Randy Orton

NON SANCTIONED MATCH

QUESTIONS

Tag Title Match.

Kane v Orton

Will Kelly Kelly turn on either Kofi Kingston or Cody Rhodes during any part of their match?
She'll side with her man and help him win, even though she knows she's doing the wrong thing.

Possibly in the McMahon v Evolution match up. A returning star perhaps hired by Vince. The McMahon's needed some added star power.

If yes, how many?
Just one I think.​

#1,007 ·
PREDICTIONS

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Kane (c) vs Randy Orton
I'm not sure at all with this one, can see it going both ways. I want Orton to win however with Kane only recently winning the title I've gone for him to retain

NON SANCTIONED MATCH
Again it's very tough, you're very unpredictable. I think since Evolution won at Mania the McMahon's should win. There have been minor problems between Batista and HHH recently so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Batista heel turn. I was thinking that Flair's son might be out for revenge too, but I've gone for The McMahon's, possibly with some kind of help

This would be really big for Dykstra if he won this. You would think Cena would win being the established star but this is Dykstra's first PPV on Raw and I think you'll want to give him the big win. I reckon it will be a dirty finish though.

Via Disqualification. I can see Rhodes getting angry and hitting him with a chair or something after Kelly Kelly gets involved. I can also see a win for Kofi that frustrates Cody like with a roll-up or something after he gets distracted, either way it will leave Cody coming back for more

I know you like to shock and surprise and think you've been teasing over a split. London and Kendrick to pull together and win. LOL i'm going to look like an idiot when Kendrick turns on London!

It makes sense for Natalya to win as she's had problems with Victoria. The only other one I can see winning is Kelly, but she'll be busy with the other feud.

Santino to get the win. Not much to say about this.

QUESTIONS

Tag Title Match.

Kane v Orton

None

No.

Yes, not quite sure who though but possibly in the non sanctioned match.

If yes, how many?
One.

Looking forward to the show mate.

#1,009 ·

BREAKING NEWS

Unconfirmed: FORMER WWE CHAMPION BACKSTAGE AT BACKLASH!

We have reports that a former WWE Champion has arrived at The Pepsi Center in Denver Colorado ahead of Backlash later on tonight.

There is no official confirmation, so we don’t want to post any false reports right now and get anyone’s hopes up. It is unknown in just what capacity they are there, but it has been said that the individual in question has not been backstage for any shows lately. He may be there just to watch, but there is the possibility that he may play a role in the show.

#1,015 · (Edited)
I have my ideas as to who this mystery former WWE Champion is. In fact I'd put money on it. Someone who signed for the company (in your thread) a long time ago but has yet to make his on screen debut/return.

I'm going to have to read Backlash now to satisfy my own needs. Oh and because of the card. I can't wait to see John Cena kick Dykstra's arse, even if he is going to film a new movie.

Looking good Nige.

#1,016 ·
Nige? It's been a long, long time since i've commented in this thread.

Things look to be running as smoothly as ever although i appear to have missed much including Wrestlemania. Might take a look over that sometime later tonight if i can be bothered.

Backlash has shaped up well for you and i like the news you have dropped to get people talking. Don't really have a clue who it will be as it could be a number of people.

Anyway. I hope to get back into this BTB starting from Backlash, good luck.

#1,017 · (Edited)
WWE BACKLASH 2008

Sunday April 27th
From The Pepsi Center – Denver, Colorado

***Video Recap***
w/Voiceover

• Randy Orton winning the WWE Championship at No Mercy 2007, raising the belt in to the air
  • Kane returning and winning the 2008 Royal Rumble, eliminating The Undertaker at the end
  • Wrestlemania XXIV and Kane defeating John Cena to win the WWE Championship in the triple threat match with Randy Orton
  • Randy Orton on Raw the next night, storming down to the ring and punting Mr. Kennedy before demanding his rematch
  • Eric Bischoff telling Orton he would get his rematch at Backlash
  • Orton in the ring with Kane & Paul Bearer, nailing Bearer with an RKO and escaping right away
  • Later in the night, Orton returning to attack Kane with a steel chair and punting him in the head before stealing the WWE title
  • Last week on Raw, Bischoff ordering Orton to give the belt back to Kane, resulting in Orton nailing Bearer and goading Kane in to attacking him
  • Later on in the main event, Kane pinning Batista and Orton taking the belt once again, posing with it to anger Kane
  • Evolution defeating The McMahon’s at Wrestlemania
  • Vince, Shane & JBL on Raw a week later, announcing a rematch has been made for Backlash, a non sanctioned match
  • The same promo with JBL telling Triple H if there was any justice, they will win at Backlash and Stephanie would lose their unborn baby, leading to a brawl
  • Last week on Raw with The McMahon’s showing footage of them attacking Reid Flair, causing Flair to leave the arena with Evolution swearing revenge
Voiceover: Many actions go unresolved, and for those there is no retribution. . . There are those who wish turn to back the clock only to find their opportunity for revenge has fallen by the wayside. . . But for those who are hell bent on exacting payback, they will always find a way by means that will scar their victims for all eternity. . . For them and their victims, this night will never escape their memory. . . For on this night, there will be consequences. There shall be suffering, and there will be a Backlash.

***“All Summer Long”***
By Kid Rock

***PYRO***
***PYRO***
***PYRO***
***PYRO***
***PYRO***

Jim Ross:
Welcome everybody to Backlash, and I hope you’re ready to strap in your seatbelts, because it’s going to be a bumpy ride tonight.

The King: You’re right about that JR, no less than three titles will be decided here tonight, including the WWE Championship when Kane defends against the former champion, Randy Orton.

Jim Ross: There’s no doubting how hungry Randy Orton is to once again become the WWE Champion after failing to retain the title he still believes is his at Wrestlemania. . . But of course, there’s a lot more on offer than that, as tonight in a non sanctioned match, Evolution will lock horns with The McMahon’s once again, and that one promises to be all kinds of ugly.

The King: It sure does JR, and you have to wonder just what Evolution has in store for The McMahon’s after the events of last Monday night.

Jim Ross: I dread to think King, but we’re kicking things off with the Intercontinental Championship up for grabs.

***The Opening Match***

Kofi Kingston (c) vs Cody Rhodes w/Kelly Kelly

ENDING:
Kofi stands back up and helps Cody back up to his feet too, then turns back and runs in to the ropes, but as he comes back, Cody ducks underneath an outstretched arm and spins around instantly to bring Kofi crashing down to the mat with a RUSSIAN LEG SWEEP. . . . . Rhodes readjusts his position straight away as he looks to cover Kofi, hooking the leg as the ref makes the count. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

Kofi gets his shoulder up, but Cody doesn’t look too surprised as he makes his way back up to his feet. He then drags Kofi up and quickly scoops him up before slamming him hard on his back. The challenger then pulls Kofi away from the centre of the ring and closer to the corner as he then climbs up to the top rope with his back facing the ring. With Kelly looking concerned on the outside, Cody then goes for a MOONSAULT. . . . He hits it! He desperately hooks both of Kofi’s legs as he tries for another cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

NO!! Kofi kicks out again leaving Cody shocked this time. He lets go of Kofi’s legs and looks up at the referee, claiming a three count, but he gets knocked back. Kelly still watches on with interest as Cody reluctantly stands back up, then reaches down to pull Kofi back up to his feet. Still looking frustrated, Cody tries for a lacklustre whip to the corner, but it’s reversed by Kingston as the Jamaican then runs right in at Cody as he hits the pads back first. Kofi leaps up to the top rope with the crowd cheering as the Intercontinental Champion then unleashes some hard right hands to the head of Cody Rhodes. With the crowd counting along to six punches, Kofi then jumps back and down to the mat. With Cody looking dazed in the corner, Kofi looks to take advantage, and he sends Cody flying out of the corner with a MONKEY FLIP. . . . . The challenger lands back first across the canvas as Kofi then runs towards him and executes a DOUBLE LEG DROP TO THE CHEST. . . . . The fans like that as Kofi’s leg comes crashing down on Cody’s chest, and this time it’s Kofi who looks to go for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

Cody gets his shoulder up this time, but Kofi takes it on the chin as he makes his way back up to his feet, closely followed by Cody. Kofi waits patiently as Cody stands back up, and the champion then turns back and runs in to the ropes, racing back to connect with a HIGH ANGLE REVERSE ELBOW SMASH. . . . . The crowd enjoy that one too as both men again make their way back up to their feet, and it’s Kofi who looks the brighter as Cody looks groggy as he makes his way back up with Kingston running to the corner. He climbs up to the top rope, and as Cody turns round to face him, Kofi then leaps off the top for a DIVING CROSS BODY. . . . . He gets all of it as Cody falls back with Kofi on top and holding on for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

NO!! Cody pushes the IC Champion off of his chest to break up the count. Kofi isn’t messing about as he rushes to get back up again with Cody also making his way back up to his feet. Kofi runs back to come back off the ropes, but as he gets towards his opponent, Cody jumps up in to the air and connects with one hell of a dropkick that sends Kingston down to the canvas. Cody frantically crawls over and hooks both legs again as the referee starts to count. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

Kofi gets his shoulder up once again as Cody sits up looking slightly dejected. He shifts on to his knees and grabs Kofi by the head and helps him up as he makes his own way back up to a vertical base. He then throws a succession of right hands at him, but Kofi fights back, connecting with a couple of right hands of his own, but Cody fights back by driving his boot in to the mid section of Kingston. He then runs past him and comes back off the ropes, connecting with a BULLDOG. . . . . Kofi’s head is driven in to the mat, and Cody turns him over on to his back to try once again for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

NO! Cody looks stunned as the resilient champion once again kicks out. It seems to anger Cody as he stands up straight away and urges Kofi back up, and slowly but surely, the Jamaican sensation rises to his feet, right in front of Cody. The challenger grabs him by the head and pulls him in to position for DDT. . . . . Cody looks to end it here and now, but Kofi escapes the grip and slips behind him. Cody turns round instantly, and Kofi reacts with quick reactions, nailing Cody with a LEG FEED ENZIGURI. . . . . That looks to be it as Kofi crawls across to go for a cover, hooking both legs for the count. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

NO. . . SO CLOSE! Cody just got his shoulder up, leaving Kofi stunned this time as he pulls himself back up to his knees. Cody tries to sit back up, but he looks to be very unsettled, causing concern for the referee who goes to check on him as Kofi looks on concerned. Kelly is also looking worried on the outside, and she stands up on the apron, trying to get a closer look. As Cody sits up, still looking dazed, Kofi walks past Cody and over to the ropes and reassures Kelly. Cody then makes his way back up to his feet and turns around, seeing Kofi with Kelly. He seems to have a fit of rage and charges right at Kofi, but Kelly warns him with Kofi turning round, running and ducking under Cody’s arm, but CODY RUNS RIGHT IN TO KELLY, KNOCKING HER OFF THE APRON AND DOWN TO THE FLOOR. . . . . Cody looks down in shock for a couple of seconds before turning round and running back at Kofi, who instinctively nails him with THE TROUBLE IN PARADISE. . . . . The champ looks really concerned for Kelly, but sees her sitting up, not in too much pain as he then covers Cody, hooking both legs but looking over towards Kelly the whole time as the ref makes the count. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . 3.

WINNER: By pinfall, and still the Intercontinental Champion, Kofi Kingston @ 12.27.

AFTERMATH: “SOS” hits to a pop from the crowd, but Kofi rushes to his feet and slides under the bottom rope to check on Kelly. She seems to be okay, and she tells Kofi that as she only landed on her side. The ref collects Kofi’s belt and joins him on the outside, passing it to him and checking on Kelly, but she stands back up quite comfortably with Kofi helping her. Cody comes round and sits up on the inside, and as he turns his head, he sees Kofi & Kelly together again. He doesn’t look happy at all, and Kelly sees him staring at them, so she climbs in the ring and goes to check on him. Kofi looks on as Cody stares back at him with Kelly kneeling over the fallen challenger.

{Cut Backstage}

Randy Orton is shown arriving in the arena and walking down the hall with the WWE Championship over his shoulder as he drags his travel bag with the other hand. As he gets further down the hall and walks round the corner, he comes across Eric Bischoff, who is talking to a production worker.

Eric Bischoff: Thanks for that.

Orton stops with the production worker walking away as Bischoff walks up to a very serious looking Randy Orton.

Eric Bischoff: Randy, it’s great to see you and even better to see that you took my words so seriously Monday night. . . If I’m not mistaken, I told you to give that belt back to Kane, not use it as a weapon and steal it back later in the night. . . So, the way I see it if I’m not mistaken is you’re either extremely hard of hearing or you’re pushing your luck in doing a great job of getting on my nerves. Which is it?

Randy Orton: This title belt is mine Eric, it’s like I’ve been saying since Wrestlemania. . . I never lost the title. I refuse to accept that this doesn’t belong to me. I am the WWE Champion in everything but name, but that will all change by the end of this night. . . I guarantee it.

Eric Bischoff: Let me spell something out for you Randy, just to make sure we’re both clear on things, I am the boss around here, and what I say goes. . . Now it’s pretty clear you don’t have any respect for authority or anyone that stands between you and that title, and I accept there’s only so much I can do to stop that. . . However, there is someone else who will make you feel the consequences of your actions, and you’re going to face up to them later on tonight when you go one on one with the big red machine. . . the monster you’ve attacked from behind on multiple occasions, stole that belt from and whose father you’ve laid out twice in eight days. . . the true WWE Champion, Kane.

Orton stares menacingly at Bischoff.

Randy Orton: What is that an attempt to get me worried Eric? . . . It’s going to take a more than a couple of tough words from an insignificant and inadequate authority figure like yourself to intimidate me. . . I’m going to that ring tonight to do what makes me the best this company has to offer and take back what is rightfully mine. . . the title of WWE Champion, and there’s nothing you or Kane can do to stop me.

Orton walks out of the shot, leaving a clearly unhappy Bischoff no option but to watch him leave.

Eric Bischoff: We’ll see about that.

{Cut to Ringside}

***Match 2***

Finlay w/Hornswoggle vs Santino Marella w/Melina

ENDING:
Finlay hammers away on Santino, stomping him across the back as the Italian lies defenceless on the mat. He then bends down and pulls his sore looking opponent back up to his feet before chopping him hard across the chest and up against the ropes. Finlay then grabs Santino by the wrist and whips him in to the ropes. He walks in to the middle of the ring as Marella comes back and runs right in to a back body drop from the Irishman. Santino lands hard the canvas and sits up holding his back, selling the pain as Finlay then reaches down and drags him back up again to nail him with a short arm clothesline. Santino looks in some pain as he is once again dragged up to his feet with Finlay this time whipping him hard in to the corner, resulting is Santino’s back hitting the pads. Finlay takes a couple of seconds before charging in at him, but as he gets closer, Santino steps out of the corner and to the side as Finlay then runs chest first in to the pad. Santino turns round and rolls Finlay up for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

Kick out by Finlay, and they’re both back up quickly as Santino swings a wild right hand at his opponent, but Finlay ducks it and grabs Santino by the head, pulling him in to a side headlock and taking him down to the mat where he keeps the hold locked in. Melina shouts words of encouragement to Marella as Finlay looks in control. Santino is close by to the ropes and tries drag himself there by his feet, and as Finlay tries to keep him there, Marella just about reaches his foot out to rest it on the bottom rope, forcing the referee to tell Finlay to break the hold. He reluctantly does so, but as he stands back up, he grabs Santino by the arm and drags him away from the ropes. He then shifts round to the Italian’s legs and tries to lock in an ELEVATED BOSTON CRAB. . . . . Santino reacts quickly and kicks Finlay away with the Irishman falling gently to the mat. Both men attempt and succeed in standing back up, but this time Santino ducks a right hand and as Finlay turns round to face him, Santino explodes by nailing him with an STO. . . . . The Italian stallion looks desperate as he frantically goes to cover Finlay with the ref counting his shoulders. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

NO! Finlay got his shoulder up and Santino doesn’t like it. He sits up holding his head in his hands, but Hornswoggle claps on the outside as he jumps up and down. Finlay sits up, forcing Santino in to action and to rise his feet. He stands above Finlay as he gets up, urging him up, and the moment he gets to his feet, Santino pulls him in to position for a ROLLING CUTTER. . . . . Finlay fights it and pushes him back in to the ropes, but Santino holds on to the top rope. Finlay charges at him with Santino lifting his boot up and driving it into Finlay’s face, sending him staggering away from the ropes. Santino turns to the crowd and smiles before turning back and running at Finlay, but the Irishman kicks him in the gut and quickly plants him with a SINGLE ARM DDT. . . . . That gets a pop from the crowd as he then rolls Santino on to his back and goes for the cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . NO!!!

Melina looks relieved on the outside as Santino just lifts his shoulder up to stop the count. She then sees an opportunity to distract Finlay by walking round the ring and towards his shillelagh. Finlay sees her grabbing it and stands up straight away, then walks over to the ropes as Santino ever so gradually starts to come round and sit back up. The referee goes to smooth things over, but Finlay demands Melina lets go of the shillelagh, but she won’t as she sees Santino getting back up behind Finlay. Just as Santino gets one foot back up, Hornswoggle slides in the ring behind the Italian and waits for him to stand up, and the moment Marella is able to stand up fully, the leprechaun kicks him in the groin from behind, getting a huge pop from behind. Melina screams out and drops the shillelagh in anger as Hornswoggle then slides back out of the ring with Finlay turning round to see Santino on his knees. He walks over and drags him back up to lift him on to his shoulders, and then plants him with the CELTIC CROSS. . . . . The referee turns back round as Melina can only watch on in horror as the referee makes the count. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . 3.

WINNER: Finlay by pinfall @ 7.18.

AFTERMATH: “Lambeg” hits to a pop from the Denver crowd as Finlay stands back up to get his arm raised by the referee as Melina can only watch on in disappointment. Hornswoggle waits on the outside as Finlay leaves the ring and joins him, looking back and grinning as Santino lies motionless on the mat with Melina not looking best happy.

{Cut Backstage}

The McMahon’s are sat down dressed in expensive looking suits in their well decorated locker room with JBL stood at the door with four security guards.

JBL: Gentleman, you’re doing a fine job, but I suggest that you remain vigilant at all times for the duration of the night. . . that’s if you wish to be paid for your services.

Security Officer #1: Yes sir.

JBL: Good, we both see eye to eye. Now get back to work gentleman.

All four security guards step outside of the door with JBL closing it behind them and turning to face his father and half brother. Shane leans back, looking very comfortable next to his father.

Shane McMahon: John, I can see why you’re a little extra cautious after Monday night, but think about it for a second. . . Right now you can imagine Triple H and Batista at each others throats. It’s two weeks in a row that one of them has managed to screw up. How do you think that’s gonna go down with those two? . . . And personally, I wouldn’t even worry about The Nature Boy. He’s probably at home making sure nothing bad can happen to his baby boy.

JBL looks back at Shane with Vince leaning forward on the sofa.

Vince McMahon: Shane’s right son, neither of them will like the dent that had to have had on their egos. This is Triple H, The Game and The Animal, Big Dave Batista we’re talking about here, I don’t see how they’ll be able to get past that and function as a unit tonight. . . However, on the plus side, it does make our job a whole lot easier.

JBL remains coy as Shane leans forward alongside his dad.

JBL: Regardless of recent events, we have to take tonight extremely seriously, hence the security force that I have personally hired to protect all of us.

Shane stands up, still looking very relaxed.

Shane McMahon: You know as well as we do that everything’s under control. We’ve thought through every last detail over and over. . . nothing can or will go wrong tonight John, you know it’s all going to be fine like we planned.

Vince stands up to join Shane, looking a little more serious.

Vince McMahon: Look, I want to see Evolution suffer more than both of you, but I’m sure neither of you has forgotten Wrestlemania right? . . . Every last detail is in place. There will be retribution tonight, and together as a family, we will enjoy every last second of it.

JBL grins, as does Shane with a look of real smugness with Vince then putting his arms round both his sons.

Vince McMahon: That’s my boys.

Vince laughs quite hard with both Shane & JBL looking very confident.

***Video Recap***

• John Morrison & Miz knocking title reign of London & Kendrick, accusing them of being on their last legs, resulting in Eric Bischoff making a title match for Backlash
  • Brian Kendrick beating The Miz two weeks ago on Raw
  • Last week on Raw, London & Kendrick attacking Morrison & Miz as they insulted them during an interview, only to be separated with both teams wanting more

{Cut to Ringside}

***Match 3***

ENDING:
Both London & Morrison struggle to their feet after a double clothesline, and it’s Morrison who goes to strike first with a right hand. London blocks it and fires away with some hard shots of his own, forcing Morrison back in to the ropes. He then grabs Morrison’s arm and tries to whip him in to the opposite set of ropes, but it’s reversed, and as London comes firing back off the ropes, Morrison runs out to meet him and nails him with a spinning wheel kick. Both men stay down for a couple of seconds, but it’s Morrison who is up first, closely followed by London, and Morrison sees him getting back up. He runs in to the ropes as London gets up and nails him with a SPRINGBOARD ENZIGURI. . . . . London just gets nailed, and Morrison looks to take advantage by going for cover straight away. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

NO!! London lifts his shoulder up, completely taking Morrison by surprise. He doesn’t look happy at all as he stands back up and urges the high flyer to do the same. As London rolls on to his knee, Morrison goes for him there and then, dragging him back up to his feet and setting him up for a CORKSCREW NECKBREAKER. . . . . The panic in the crowd is obvious as the gasps can be heard, but as Morrison sets him up and looks to hit it, London just pulls his head back with Morrison falling forward. As The Shaman of Sexy steadies himself and turns round, London digs deep and connects with a DROPSAULT. . . . . That gets the crowd going as both men hurry back up to their feet, but it’s London who looks to gain the momentum now as he kicks Morrison in the gut, sending him down to his knees, runs back and nails him with a SEATED DROPKICK. . . . . Cheers ring out as London shimmies round and hooks the leg for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

NO! The Miz breaks it up by entering the ring and stomping on the back of London’s head, bringing an angry reaction from the referee who gets right in Miz’s face and orders him back to the apron. Kendrick looks pissed but quickly switches focus to urge London to make the tag as both he and Morrison start to crawl to their respective corners, getting closer and closer before eventually jumping up and making the tags. Both Kendrick & The Miz race through the ropes and charge at each other with Kendrick ducking an outstretched arm and running through to hit a SPRINGBOARD BACK ELBOW SMASH. . . . . The fans enjoy that as Kendrick gets back up, followed by The Miz with Kendrick then whipping him in to the corner and racing straight in, connecting with a back flip dropkick. He backs away the corner as The Miz staggers out in to a HURRICANRANA WITH KENDRICK HOLDING THE LEGS TIGHTLY FOR A COVER. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . KICK OUT. . . . SO CLOSE!

Miz just about is able to lift his shoulder up off the mat to the frustration and disappointment of both Kendrick and the crowd as both London & Morrison stand back up on the apron. Kendrick senses the end is near, and as Miz gets back up, Kendrick grabs him by the head and runs in to the corner, looking for SLICED BREAD #2. . . . . BUT NO. . . . . The Miz throws Kendrick off his shoulder, but Kendrick lands on his feet. The Miz looks shocked and runs right at Kendrick, but right in to a SUPER KICK. . . . . The Miz just falls flat on his back as Kendrick drops to his knees and hooks the leg with the ref counting the fall. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . MORRISON BREAKS IT UP!

Boos ring out as Morrison races in to the ring and drags Kendrick off The Miz by his feet to save the match. The ref stands up and gets right in Morrison’s face, but London steps through the ropes and runs right at Morrison, tackling him down to the mat. Kendrick makes his way back up and grins as London does the same with Morrison struggling to his feet by the ropes. The tag champs then run at him and send him crashing over the top with a double drop kick to the delight of the crowd. Morrison hits the padded floor, but within seconds he’s sitting up. London watches on as he sees Morrison slowly getting to his feet, and the high flyer turns back and hits the ropes, runs back and DIVES THROUGH THE ROPES TO TAKE MORRISON BACK DOWN TO THE FLOOR. . . . . A huge pop breaks out as London hits the suicide dive with Kendrick reaching down and pulling The Miz back up, but he reacts with a right hand to Kendrick’s chest. He rises to his feet and clubs Kendrick across the back before pulling him in to position for THE MIZARD OF OZ (Swinging Reverse DDT). . . . . As he goes to swing round, Kendrick escapes his grasp and spins him back round, kicking him in the gut and grabbing his head to run in to the corner, but before he can do so, The Miz drops to his knees and low blows him, forcing the referee to call for the bell.

WINNERS: By DQ, and still the World Tag Team Champions, Paul London & Brian Kendrick @ 13.08.

AFTERMATH: “Rocker” plays to a subdued and angry reaction inside The Pepsi Center with Morrison & London sitting up and looking confused on the outside as they come round. The Miz stands up and argues with the referee as London gets up and enters the ring to check on Kendrick. London looks up at the ref and Miz to ask what happened as Morrison enters the ring. He and Miz then look down at smirk as Kendrick lies helpless on the mat, clutching his groin with London shaking his head at their actions. The challengers then leave the ring with stupid grins on their faces despite losing the match as Kendrick sits up to see Miz & Morrison with an angry expression on his face.

{Cut Backstage}

Cody Rhodes & Kelly Kelly are in their locker room with a sombre Kelly putting knee and elbow pads on in preparation for her match later on while an angry Cody paces up and down the room.

Cody Rhodes: I can’t believe you didn’t listen to me Kelly, I told you what Kofi was like but you just ignored it and told me how nice he was, over and over, well I think we both know now who was wrong and who was right.

Kelly looks up, but chooses not to react to Cody’s frustration.

Cody Rhodes: It’s pretty obvious Kel after tonight that he cares about one thing and one thing only, and that’s the Intercontinental Championship. . . But if he thinks this is over, he’s wrong. It’s not over by a long shot.

Kelly stands up

Kelly Kelly: Cody, it was nothing.

Cody Rhodes: He saw you on the floor and took advantage of it to save his own neck instead of trying to help you and see if you were okay, so I’m sorry if I’m just a little bit upset about right now. You might want to forget about Kelly, but I don’t. . . And I’ll tell you what you can forget. . . wrestling tonight. . . After what happened, you can’t go out there and get yourself hurt again, I won’t allow it.

Kelly Kelly: I’m fine.

Cody Rhodes: You think so do ya? . . . You really think you have a chance in there against three other women who are all going to target you? . . . You might think so, but I’m not letting you put yourself in danger like that, I can’t let you take that risk. . . It’s for your own good Kelly, and if you choose to go through with it and turn your back on me trying to help you, you might as well turn your back on us.

Cody stares at Kelly, trying to pressure her. She is genuinely upset as she looks at Cody, but after several seconds of thought, she turns round and walks out of the room leaving Cody very angry as he stares at the door.

Cody Rhodes: Kofi, you’ve got a hell of a lot to answer for.

{Cut to Ringside}

“Priceless” hits to heat from the crowd as the Million Dollar Champion, Ted DiBiase Jr & “The Million Dollar Woman” Maryse walk down to the ring, surprising JR who mentions DiBiase was not expected here tonight. Once in the ring, Maryse collects a microphone from Lilian who leaves the ring and passes it to DiBiase.

Ted DiBiase:
I realise that some of you weren’t expecting to see the ever glamorous Maryse and myself out here, however I think even you people have to agree that this show wouldn’t be the same without our presence.

***HEAT***

Ted DiBiase: You don’t have to agree, but to those who matter, it is abundantly clear that this show needs Ted DiBiase Junior more than it needs Kofi Kingston, John Cena and Evolution, and you should be thankful that you will be leaving this arena tonight having witnessed the single greatest prospect in this business today.

***HEAT***

Ted DiBiase:
And you all have one person to thank. . . good old JR himself.

The camera switches to a stunned shot of JR before cutting back to DiBiase, who turns round to looks towards the announce table.

Ted DiBiase: See, as I was watching back over my performance from Raw last Monday night like any committed superstar would, I couldn’t help but notice something you said JR. You said that, even in victory, I was complacent. You said that. And JR, you were right. My performance was not acceptable, even in victory. . . well, I’ve yet to taste anything but. . . Anyway, the fact is that even the best get complacent and have their off days. . . Even Tiger Woods has had days where he was walked away from the odd green or two empty handed, and that’s what almost, almost happened to me Monday night. Despite the fact I put it in a barely average performance, it was yours truly that was getting his hand raised and being announced as the victor when it was all said and done, ensuring my perfect record remainds intact, along with the Million Dollar Championship.

***HEAT***

Ted DiBiase:
So, with JR’s words ringing in my ears tonight, I am going to silence him and any other critics, and show them how a world class athlete like myself reacts to rare negativity. . . One thing that you certainly can’t discredit about me is that since the very first moment I stepped inside this ring, I’ve never shied away from putting my title and reputation on the line. . . Every single week I’ve walked down that ramp and in to this ring to give anyone, no matter how undeserving, the opportunity to wrestle for this prestigious title (raising the Million Dollar Championship in to the air). . . So, to carry on this so far one sided tradition, I am giving anybody in the back the same chance to all those who have so far tried and failed to take this title away from its rightful owner. . . It’s that simple, and all that’s left now is for someone to wander on down here. . . Don’t be shy!

DiBiase looks up to the stage and smiles along with Maryse. There’s no response for five seconds until “Gonna Punch Someone Tonight” hits to a pop with Jimmy Wang Yang walking down to the ring. DiBiase & Maryse laugh with the Million Dollar Champ then passing his belt and microphone to Maryse who leaves the ring as Yang climbs in and takes off his hat. DiBiase shakes his head in disbelief as he prepares to get going. JR & King mention that this is Yang’s Raw debut since being drafted across from Smackdown.

***Match #4***

MILLION DOLLAR CHAMPIONSHIP
OPEN CHALLENGE
Jimmy Wang Yang vs Ted DiBiase Jr (c) w/“The Million Dollar Woman” Maryse

ENDING:
DiBiase has fought his way back in to the match after Yang caught him off guard in the early going. He looks down at Yang with serious intent before starting to stomp away at his chest before turning back and walking in to the corner, where he climbs to the second rope. He then jumps off and connects with a DIVING DOUBLE FOOT STOMP. . . . . He landed right on Yang’s chest! That had to hurt, and the Million Dollar Champion looks quite confident now as he makes a cover without even hooking one of Yang’s legs as the ref counts the shoulders of the challenger. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

Yang kicks out, but DiBiase doesn’t seem to be bothered as he stands back up, seeming to be back to his complacent ways as he allows Yang to pick himself up. It takes him a while, but as he gets back up to a vertical base, DiBiase runs right at him, but Yang shocks him by catching him with a drop toe hold. The sight of the arrogant DiBiase on the mat pleases the crowd, and as both men stand back up, Yang puts DiBiase on the back foot with a series of stiff kicks to the chest. He then turns round and runs in to the ropes, and coming back, he connects with a JUMPING SPINNING LEG LARIAT. . . . . That looked impressive from Yang, as once again DiBiase hits the deck. The challenger has momentum on his side as he races back up to his feet and in to the corner, where he climbs all the way up to the top, getting the crowd going even more. DiBiase picks himself back up, and as he turns round to face Yang, the challenger leaps off the top and nails the champion with a MISSILE DROPKICK. . . . . More cheers ring out across The Pepsi Center as Yang looks to cause an upset by going for the cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . NO!!

Sighs come from the crowd, and even Yang looks disappointed as he pulls himself back up to his knees. Maryse looks concerned on the outside as DiBiase sits up, seeming not to be in the best of shape. Yang picks himself back up and drags DiBiase back up, then whips him in to the corner, charging in straight away to nail his opponent with a SPINNING WHEEL KICK. . . . . DiBiase Jr drops flat on the mat as Yang lands on the apron after being taken over the ropes by the momentum. Yang then shifts round on the apron and holds on to the top rope before hitting DiBiase across the back of the neck with a SLINGSHOT LEG DROP. . . . . The champion looks in real trouble as Yang shifts around and turns DiBiase on to his back before being able to go for the cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . SHOULDER UP!

The champion is hanging on, just getting out of that one. Yang seems to be gaining confidence, and as he stands back up, he walks in to the corner and climbs to the top rope once again. As he gets up there and turns to face the crowd, Maryse wanders round and tries to catch his attention, and she succeeds. The challenger looks down at her and seems to be wary of her as DiBiase slowly makes an effort to get back up to his feet, but Yang quickly changes gears and turns the attention back to DiBiase by looking behind him to see the champion on his feet. He then leaps off the top and looks to hit the YANG TIME (Corkscrew Moonsault). . . . . But no, DiBiase steps to the side as Yang eats mat. The relieved champion stands by the ropes and leans against them for a couple of seconds as Yang remains still on the mat.

He then walks over and pulls the challenger up, holding him around the waist from behind, and then tosses him behind with a BELLY TO BACK SUPLEX. . . . . He releases his grip with Yang’s back being slammed in to the mat. With Maryse clapping on the outside, Ted Jr stands back up and stalks Yang for THE MILLION DOLLAR DREAM. . . . . Slowly but surely, Yang starts to stand back up with the crowd trying to warn him of the vulture standing behind him, ready to pounce. And as he stands back up, DiBiase strikes, grabbing him from behind and tries to lock in the deadly submission hold. Yang fights it straight away and reaches back to snap mare DiBiase forward in to a seated position on the mat. He then swipes his boot in to the champion’s spine, causing DiBiase to fall back to the mat with Yang dropping to his knees and reaching across to grab his opponent’s legs for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . NO!!

DiBiase saves his title once again, and as Yang lets go of DiBiase’s legs, he stands back up and looks to hit a STANDING MOONSAULT. . . . . DiBiase gets his knees up though, driving them in to Yang’s chest. He sits up straight away, grabbing hold of Yang before he can fall and quickly drives him down to the mat a COBRA CLUTCH LEG SWEEP. . . . . The champ readjusts his position quickly to make the cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . 3.

WINNER: By pinfall, and still the Million Dollar Champion, Ted DiBiase Jr by pinfall @ 7.26.

AFTERMATH: “Priceless” hits with boos ringing out inside the arena. DiBiase pulls himself back up to his knees as Maryse grabs the Million Dollar title and steps in to the ring, passing the title to the very relieved champion, who clutches it close to his chest. He then stands up and raises the belt in to the air as Maryse does the same with his left arm. They then leave the ring with Maryse smiling and DiBiase looking more relieved than anything.

{Cut Backstage}

Leticia Cline is standing by at the interview set.

Leticia Cline: Joining me at this time is Kenny Dykstra.

The camera zooms out to reveal the arrogant youngster standing there looking as smug as ever.

Leticia Cline: Kenny, later on tonight you will be going one on one with John Cena. And after what happened Monday night on Raw, you’ve got to be slightly nervous considering what you did to his locker room and in costing him his match.

Kenny Dykstra: Nervous? . . . Not at all. . . If I was nervous about facing John Cena tonight, do you really think for a second that I would have gone to the level I did to make a point like I did Monday night? . . . It makes me laugh that people ask me why I should be nervous about John Cena after I proved to the world that I’m not intimidated by him in the least. . . I did something not many have by getting in his face and let my actions tell him just that. His devoted fans might not like to hear it, but it’s the truth. Not only I am not the slightest bit intimidated by John Cena, I know that when it comes down to it in that ring, I am a far superior wrestler. And you know what the tragic thing about that is? . . . His deluded fans might not see it, but deep down, Cena knows the truth, and the truth is that when it’s all said and done tonight, everyone will have no choice but to stand up and accept the cold hard fact that I am the real deal and that John Cena is nothing but a joke.

Leticia Cline: Okay. . . You seem very confident, but John Cena is a former WWE Champion and many people have said that you don’t really stand a chance tonight. How would you respond to them?

Kenny Dykstra: Many people say that do they? . . . Well many people aren’t stepping in to that ring with Cena tonight are they? . . . I am, and I know I have what it takes to cause an upset as these many people would call it, but the bottom line is it won’t be an upset to anybody who knows the first thing about talent. . . Tonight, everyone is going to see the most significant draft pick in WWE history beat the most over rated superstar in WWE history with Cena’s time in the sun coming to an end, courtesy of Kenny Dykstra.

He stares right at Leticia, meaning every word before turning round and walking out of the shot, looking as confident as ever.

{Cut to Ringside}

***Match #5***

ENDING:
With Victoria watching on from the announce table, the four divas go back and forth with only two allowed inside the ring at one time. Kelly has taken some abuse from both Melina & Natalya, and Natalya looks to finish her off. She drags Kelly up to her feet and pulls her in to position for a GUT WRENCH SUPLEX. . . . . Natalya lifts her in to the air and slams Kelly hard down to the mat. She looks in real trouble as the dangerous Canadian hooks her leg for the cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

Somehow, Kelly gets her shoulder up and fights it, leaving Natalya very frustrated. She stands up once again and pulls Kelly up to her knees, letting her drag herself up Natalya. The intimidating Neidhart then grabs Kelly’s head and places it under her arm before lifting her up in to the air and falling back for a vertical suplex. Once again, Kelly takes some punishment, but it doesn’t end there as Natalya gets back up and walks round to her legs, lifting them up and locking in THE SHARPSHOOTER. . . . . Kelly looks in real trouble now as the relentless Natalya apples the pressure to her lower back, pulling really hard as the crowd try their best to encourage Kelly by clapping and her shouting her name. Candice does the same on the outside as Kelly starts to fight the hold, taking Neidhart by surprise.

Slowly she crawls and drags herself towards the ropes, getting closer and closer with Natalya panicking. Kelly gets within touching distance, and as she gets desperately close, she gives it everything she can and reaches out to grab the bottom rope to the shock of everyone in the arena, especially Natalya. She stands back up and looks angrily at the referee, then walks towards the ropes by Melina, who then slaps Natalya, tagging herself in to the match. Neidhart isn’t happy, but she has no choice as the referee tells her to leave the ring. Melina doesn’t waste any time as she goes right for Kelly, dragging her away from the ropes, but as she reaches down to pull her up, Kelly sits up and manages to roll Melina in to an INSIDE CRADLE. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

Melina kicks out of that one and rushes back to her feet with Kelly still sat up. She drags Kelly up and whips her in to the corner, then runs in and hits a ROPE AIDED CALF KICK. . . . . Kelly falls flat on her face as Melina poses by the corner to heat from the crowd. She then turns back to Kelly and urges her up to feet, ready and waiting for her to stand up. With Kelly slowly making her way up, Melina steadies herself more, and as Kelly gets to her feet, Melina swings for a wild kick, but Kelly ducks it and runs through in to the ropes, comes back and takes Melina down with a DIVING CROSS BODY. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

NO! So nearly there was an upset as Melina just powered out in time. Both make their way back up, and Kelly is on the receiving end of an irish whip, but as she comes back, she stuns Melina with a TILT-A-WHIRL HEAD SCISSORS TAKEDOWN. . . . . A big cheer breaks out as Melina hits the mat and Kelly makes the short crawl to the corner to tag in Candice Michelle. She climbs through the ropes as Melina gets up and clothesline her down to the mat. Melina is straight back up, but Candice sends her back down again with a second clothesline. Melina fights on and is right back up again with Candice kicking her in the gut and planting her with a NORTHERN LIGHTS SUPLEX. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . NATALYA TO THE RESCUE!

Neidhart breaks up the count with a stomp across Candice’s head. The referee tries to get her out, but she stays where she is and drags Candice up to her feet. Candice looks defenceless, but Melina sits up behind her and rolls Candice back for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

Natalya breaks it up again by kicking Candice again. The referee has a real go at her, but Melina stands up, and she isn’t impressed. She stands face to face with Natalya and argues with her, then pushes her back as Candice crawls towards her corner. Natalya looks in disbelief at Melina pushing her, then shoves her back as the groggy Candice reaches up and tags Kelly in. Kelly steps through the ropes as Candice remains on the mat. Melina shoves Natalya again, but Kelly walks up behind her and shoves her right in to Natalya with them colliding and Natalya falling to the mat. Melina turns round looking dazed and is on the receiving end of a ROUNDHOUSE KICK. . . . . Kelly then drops to her knees with the crowd cheering as the referee makes the count. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . 3.

WINNER: Kelly Kelly by pinfall @ 7.57.

AFTERMATH: “Holla” hits as Kelly lets go of Melina’s legs and stands up to get her arm raised, looking genuinely shocked. She doesn’t know what to do as she looks in to the crowd, totally gobsmacked as even Victoria seems surprised at the announce table. We then see Cody Rhodes walking down to the ring, and he seems quite low key as he climbs up the steps and through the ropes. Kelly doesn’t know what to make of him being out there, but he walks up to her and it looks like he says he’s sorry. Kelly doesn’t react too much and despite looking not that happy about it, he raises her arm in the air before letting go and leaving the ring, walking to the back leaving Kelly unsure of what just happened. Natalya sits up, as does Melina, and Natalya doesn’t look happy with Melina, staring right at her.

{Cut Backstage}

A tense Evolution are shown in their dressing room with Triple H walking up to Batista, who’s lacing his boots, then looks up to see The Game there, and stands up.

Triple H: Big man, you know I don’t blame you for what’s gone down the last two weeks. . . Accidents happen, what’s done is done, it’s in the past. What we need to focus on tonight is The McMahon’s and making sure they get what’s coming to them after what they did to Reid last week. We can’t let them get away with that, and tonight we’ve got to stick together no matter what, and show them that they’re not going to get away with the stunt they pulled Monday night. . . Dave, what happened Monday with us was an accident. . . What they did to Reid was no accident. JBL running his mouth about Steph was no accident, and what I and hopefully, we plan on doing in that right tonight won’t be an accident either.

Batista & Flair nod along quietly in agreement, and after a few seconds, Reid Flair walks in to the shock of all of them, especially Ric.

Reid Flair: Hey dad.

Ric Flair: Son, what are you doin’ here?

Reid Flair: You think I was gonna miss you wipin’ the floor with those jerks tonight? I got myself a front row seat.

Reid pulls out a ticket and shows the still stunned Nature Boy.

Ric Flair: You be careful alright? I don’t want you gettin’ hurt again.

Reid Flair: Don’t worry about that dad, I know you guys are going to take care of them right?

Reid puts the ticket away as his dad smirks and then hugs him. Triple H then puts his hand on Reid’s shoulder as they pull away.

Triple H: Don’t worry kid, I promise you, they’re going to pay tonight. Mark my words.

Batista: He’s right. Wrestlemania is going to be a picnic compared what we have in store for them tonight.

Ric still has his arm round his son

Ric Flair: You know, I’m glad you’re here to see what we’re going to do them tonight. . . Son, I swear on my life that I’m sure as hell going to make JBL suffer for what he did to you, and I’m doing it for you.

Ric hugs his son again as Triple H holds his hand out to Batista to the side of them. Dave looks at him for a second, but he doesn’t have to think about it long as he slaps and then shakes hands with The Game.

{Cut Backstage}

Todd Grisham
is standing by at the interview set.

Todd Grisham: Ladies and gentleman, please welcome my guest at this time. . . JOHN CE-NAAA.

A fairly relaxed John Cena walks in to the shot to a big pop from inside the arena, with some boos mixed in.

Todd Grisham: John, a month ago we saw Kenny Dykstra return to Raw, and it seems that he’s gone out of his way to make life difficult for you. . . He cost you the chance to regain the WWE Championship a few weeks back before costing you a match with Santino Marella as well as spray painting your locker room last Monday night. . . I guess you’re quite looking forward to getting even with him tonight?

Cena smirks.

John Cena: You know Todd, you don’t miss a trick! . . . You can’t really blame the kid, he wanted to make a big impact, and to do that he came after the biggest name on Raw. . . But at the same time, he’s dug a hole so deep that he can’t get out of. A hole I’m not going to let him get out of.

Todd Grisham: Judging by some of the comments he’s made recently, it seems that he thinks he is capable of digging himself out of this hole he’s dug himself in to.

John Cena: Even as a young kid coming in to the WWE Todd, I myself got in to trouble with my big mouth getting the better of me. And when you do that, there comes a time when you have to deal with the consequences, and the night has come for Kenny Dykstra.

Cena turns to look in to the camera, looking very serious now.

John Cena: YOU WANNA STEP UP TO THE BIG LEAGUES? WELL TONIGHT YOU GET YOUR WISH. . . THE TIME FOR TALKIN’ TRASH IS THROUGH, THERE’S NO MORE TIME TO TALK THE TALK, NOW IT’S TIME TO WALK THE WALK. AND I PROMISE YOU YOU’RE GONNA GET THE VERY BEST OF JOHN CENA, NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS. . . Welcome to the big leagues kid.

Cena stares intently in to the camera for several seconds before turning round, when a big smile settles on his face.

John Cena: Well I’ll be damned.

He walks away from Todd as we see someone else walking in to the shot, it’s Rob Van Dam. He looks very relaxed indeed, dressed in jeans and a T-shirt.

Rob Van Dam: Hey John, how’s it goin’ dude?

Cena is still grinning.

John Cena: Whoa, hell no, you can’t spring a surprise like this unannounced. This is RVD, the whole damn show we’re talkin’ about. . . What’s the deal man?

Rob Van Dam: No deal dude, just takin’ the chance to catch up and chill with some of the guys, that’s all, nothin’ to it.

John Cena: Come on Rob, this is John Cena you’re talking to. What am I gonna do? Climb the rooftops and tell the world that low and behold, MR. MONDAY NIGHT IS RIGHT HERE IN DENVER TONIGHT.

RVD smiles and holds his hand out to Cena, shaking hands with him.

Rob Van Dam: John, sorry to leave you hangin’ bro but it’s time for me to head home.

John Cena: You come back you here. . . Not the same without you dude.

RVD chuckles as he turns to the side and walks away.

Rob Van Dam: Later John.

Cena smirks as he walks away with RVD doing the same in the opposite direction up the hall in the background.

***Video Recap***

• Randy Orton winning the WWE Championship at No Mercy 2007, raising the belt in to the air
  • Kane returning and winning the 2008 Royal Rumble, eliminating The Undertaker at the end
  • Wrestlemania XXIV and Kane defeating John Cena to win the WWE Championship in the triple threat match with Randy Orton
  • Randy Orton on Raw the next night, storming down to the ring and punting Mr. Kennedy before demanding his rematch
  • Eric Bischoff telling Orton he would get his rematch at Backlash
  • Orton in the ring with Kane & Paul Bearer, nailing Bearer with an RKO and escaping right away
  • Later in the night, Orton returning to attack Kane with a steel chair and punting him in the head before stealing the WWE title
  • Last week on Raw, Bischoff ordering Orton to give the belt back to Kane, resulting in Orton nailing Bearer and goading Kane in to attacking him
  • Later on in the main event, Kane pinning Batista and Orton taking the belt once again, posing with it to anger Kane

{Cut to Ringside}

***Match #6***

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Kane (c) w/Paul Bearer vs Randy Orton

ENDING:
Orton started the match by dodging Kane and leaving the ring before getting back in and pounding on him. Kane has got back in to it and looks to be in control as he reaches down and pulls Orton back up, nailing him with a succession of uppercut thrusts, forcing him on to his back foot. With Orton off balance, Kane grabs his arm and whips him in to the ropes, but as The Legend Killer comes back off the ropes, Kane ducks his head, giving Orton the chance to kick him square in the head. Kane’s head snaps back up, and Orton takes full advantage as he shifts behind the monster and drags Kane’s arm under his arm. The challenger then drops to one knee and pulls Kane’s back down on to his outstretched knee with an INVERTED HEADLOCK BACKBREAKER. . . . . Kane hits the deck and Orton looks to seize the moment as he hooks one leg and tries to get the pin. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

The champion gets his shoulder up and starts to move right away, forcing the desperate Orton in to action as he bends down and helps Kane up to his knees. He then explodes with a series of vicious forearm shots to the back, sending Kane back to the mat with Orton now stomping all over his opponent until the referee intervenes. Orton tries to carry on, but the referee holds him back, and it doesn’t go down too well with the challenger. He then drops to the mat and stalks Kane as he wriggles around with Orton now psyching himself up for an RKO. He has a real look of determination on his face as he urges Kane up, and slowly the monster starts to rise back up to his feet. And as Kane makes it up and turns round, Orton leaps up in to the air for the RKO. . . . . Kane is able to push him off though as Orton is sent full force in to the ropes, and as he comes back, Kane drives his huge boot right down his opponent’s face to a mixed reception from the crowd.

With the challenger falling in a heap, it gives the champion the chance to take a short breather before walking in to the corner and climbing to the top rope as Orton slowly starts to sit back up. As Kane gets to the top, Orton manages to stand up, looking out glazed over as he turns round to the sight of Kane leaping off the top and sending him back down to the mat with a FLYING CLOTHESLINE. . . . . Kane is in control here as Orton attempts to get back up too, but Kane is up first and he sizes Orton up, raising his right hand in the air, indicating a chokeslam could be near. Orton makes it back up despite looking very uneasy on his feet, and as he turns round to face the monster, Kane grabs him around the throat for a CHOKESLAM. . . . . Another mixed reception meets it, but as Kane lifts Orton up in to the air, the challenger manages to turn around in the air and slide down Kane’s back. He drives his knee in to the spine of the champion and quickly plants him with a REVERSE DDT. . . . . Both men remain down for several seconds before Orton reaches out an arm and places it across Kane’s chest for the cover attempt. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . NO!!!

Orton looks up and is clearly frustrated as Kane gets his shoulder up. It takes him a couple of seconds before he tries to get back up, but as he is about to do so, Kane comes round too and makes his own way up too. Orton throws a right at the monster, but it’s wild and Kane ducks it. He then grabs Orton’s arm and whips him hard in to the corner. The back of Orton hits the pads hard, and he looks in pain as he staggers out a couple of steps as Kane follows in, grabs him by the throat very quickly, lifts him in to the air and sends him crashing down to earth with a CHOKESLAM. . . . . Orton’s not moving as he lies across the mat, not that far away from the ropes as Kane hooks the nearest leg with the referee making the count. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . .

FOOT ON THE ROPE!

The Legend Killer lives to fight another day as Paul Bearer watches on, surprised that Orton dodged that one. It doesn’t seem to bother Kane one bit however as he stands right back up and drags his arm across his neck, signalling the end is near. Orton doesn’t have a clue of what is just around the corner as Kane stands in the centre of the ring, ready to strike as his opponent slowly makes his way back up, using the ropes to help him. He manages to stand up, and he then turns round and walks right in to Kane’s path as the champion then scoops him up on to his shoulder for the TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER. . . . . Orton wriggles free straight away and escapes the danger by sliding down Kane’s back and pushing him forward, right in to the referee. The ref is down as Kane looks down instinctively, but from behind, the ruthless Orton sweeps his leg forward and into Kane’s groin. It doesn’t knock the monster down, giving Orton the chance to nail him with THE RKO. . . . . Kane is laid out, the referee is laid out and there is no one to make a cover as Orton stands in the centre of the ring looking extremely intense.

He surveys the wreckage and looks towards the timekeeper’s table, staring in that direction for a couple of seconds before walking across to the ropes and climbing through them to hit the arena floor. He walks past the worried Bearer and reaches behind Lilian to grab a steel chair. Bearer sees him and panics, then tries to grab it, but Orton just looks menacingly at him before shoving him down to the floor. The relentless Orton then slides back in to the ring with the chair in hand as Kane starts to come round, totally unaware of Orton ready to bash his skull in. All of a sudden however, a huge cheer breaks out, leaving Orton confused, but he looks towards the aisle and sees Mr. Kennedy racing down to the ring. Orton’s stunned, and as Kennedy slides in the ring, Orton runs at him with the chair and swings it at him, but Kennedy ducks his head and runs through. Orton manages to stop himself and turn round, but Kennedy does the same and reacts first, kicking Orton in the gut and stealing the chair before SMASHING HIM ACROSS THE HEAD WITH THE CHAIR. . . . .

A pop meets it as Kennedy stares down intensely at the fallen challenger while Kane sits back up. Kennedy smirks, then drops the chair and kicks it out of the ring before walking back over to the ropes and leaving the ring. He turns round to face the ring, clearly enjoying his revenge for Orton punting him in the head the night after Mr. Wrestlemania as Kane stands back up with the referee also coming round. Kane sees Orton lying there and then looks to both sides, clearly confused at what happened. Bearer stands back up on the outside, then points in Orton’s direction to Kane, who reaches down and drags the dead weight up, then scoops him over his shoulder once again. Orton isn’t escaping this time as Kane lowers him in to position and drills him head first down to the mat for the TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER. . . . . Orton’s out of it as Kane crosses his arms with Kennedy smiling as he watches on with the referee slowly crawling across to make the count. . . .

1 . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . . 3.

WINNER: By pinfall, and still the WWE Champion, Kane @ 19.48.

AFTERMATH: “Burned” blasts out as Kane stands back up with Bearer reclaiming his belt and climbing in to the ring to hand it over to him. Kane grabs hold of it as Kennedy grins and turns his back quite happy at the outcome as Kane then raises his arms in the air and sets his pyro off to a huge explosion inside The Pepsi Center. An extremely satisfied Bearer then turns round and smiles at the sight of Orton laid out as the camera then zooms in on a scary looking Kane with the WWE Championship in his possession.

{Cut Backstage}

Eric Bischoff & William Regal
are sat down on a leather sofa in their office, watching the action.

Eric Bischoff: I don’t know about you Regal, but I think Randy Orton just learnt a valuable lesson. . . what goes around comes around.

William Regal: Very true, but what are we going to do about Mr. Kennedy? . . . We can’t allow him to get away with such actions.

Eric Bischoff: We’ll think of something.

William Regal: If you don’t mind me saying Eric, I’m slightly concerned about the main event after what we just saw.

Eric Bischoff: Hey, don’t worry about that, I didn’t sanction it for a reason. I just hope both teams beat the hell out of each other to make my job, and yours a whole lot easier. . . And if that doesn’t happen, I might have to leave you in charge tomorrow night and take the day off!

William Regal: Oh, thank you very much!

Eric Bischoff: No, but in all seriousness, if it does get out of hand later on, we’re going to have our hands full tomorrow night, just to warn you now.

William Regal: For what it’s worth, nothing would surprise me as far as The McMahon’s are concerned.

Eric Bischoff: I hope to god you’re wrong. But if they or Evolution for that matter go too far tonight, they will be punished. . . Mark my words.

They sit there looking quite reserved before the camera then cuts away.

***Video Recap***

• Kenny Dykstra being drafted to Raw 4 weeks ago
  • Kenny Dykstra being interviewed and not being happy with John Cena for not knowing his name
  • Later in the night, Dykstra distracting Cena to cost him a chance at winning the WWE title
  • 2 weeks ago, and Cena calling Kenny out with Dykstra not being keen with a Backlash match then made for them by William Regal
  • Cena & Dykstra fighting to the back during a tag team match later that night
  • From last week and Dykstra storming to the ring and attacking the referee and costing Cena a match with Santino, counting the fall himself
  • Later on and Cena going back to his locker room to see paint on wall saying “You can’t see me” with Cena then seeing the can and tossing it against the wall

{Cut to Ringside}

***Match #7***

ENDING:
Dykstra looks to come back in to the match as he makes his way back up to his feet after a falling clothesline, but Cena is closely following him. Kenny swings a right hand at him, but Cena blocks it and hammers away at him, pushing him back towards the ropes. Cena has Kenny where he wants him and he whips him in to the opposite set of ropes, then runs right at him as he comes back. Dykstra takes him by surprise though as he slides across the mat and through Cena’s legs. Dykstra races up to his feet as Cena turns round in to a LARIAT. . . . . Dykstra got some height in that jump as Cena hurries right back up, but Kenny levels him again with another impressive leap and lariat. Both men make their way back up with Cena showing some typical resilience, but Kenny looks to get his way in to the match as he turns back and runs in to the ropes, but as he comes back, Cena runs right past him and hits the ropes himself. Kenny stops dead and turns round to see Cena charging back and jumping up at him for a LOU THESZ PRESS. . . . . A ton of cheers ring out as Cena unloads on the cocky youngster, hammering away at him with some hard right hands. Cena has his fun and gives it up as he stands back up with Dykstra slowly standing back up, and as he gets closer to his feet, Cena runs behind him and comes back off the ropes to send him straight back down to the mat with THE THROWBACK. . . . . The cheers get even louder as Cena looks to be in control again. He crawls across to Kenny and turns him over on to his back before going for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

Kenny kicks out, but Cena carries on with business, standing right back up and pulling his opponent right back up. He whips the youngster in to the corner and takes a second before running in, but Dykstra turns to his side and lifts his elbow up in to Cena’s face. He reacts quickly to step out and grab Cena by the head and waist, tossing him right in to the ringpost. Cena hits the post shoulder first with Kenny dropping to his knees and taking the chance to get his breath back. The underdog then stands back up and drags Cena back and lifts him on to his shoulder before falling back for a side suplex. Cena looks in a lot pain as Dykstra decides to take his chances and try for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

NO!!

Cena kicks out with time to spare as Kenny sits up looking frustrated, and then stands up still not looking happy. He reaches down and pulls Cena back up, and he’s not moving well as Dykstra spins him in to a belly to back grip. He then lifts him up in to the air, but instead of going for a belly to back suplex, he lifts Cena in to position for an ELEVATED NECKBREAKER SLAM. . . . . AND HE NAILS IT. . . . . Cena looks in trouble as Dykstra scurries back across the mat to hook both legs for the cover as the referee makes the count. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . .

NO!! Cena gets the shoulder up, leaving Dykstra shell shocked. He sits up and leans back looking absolutely stunned before turning optimistically towards the referee, who just confirms his disappointment of it being a two count. The disappointment turns to dejection as he drops his head down in to his hands for several seconds before standing back up and focusing back on Cena, who starts to squirm around on the mat. Dykstra then picks himself up and urges Cena back up, and slowly but surely, the multiple time WWE Champion makes his way back up with Dykstra running in to the corner and jumping up to the top rope, shifting himself round to face Cena. Before Dykstra can steady himself, Cena walks closer to the corner and Kenny panics, deciding to leapfrog him instead, and as both men turn round, Cena ducks a clothesline attempt and lifts Kenny on to his shoulders for an F U. . . . . Dykstra manages to free himself by slipping down Cena’s back and quickly grabs him around the waist. He then holds on and runs forward, pushing Cena in to the ropes before rolling back with Cena underneath him as he sits on the back of Cena’s ankles for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

Cena pushes Kenny off as both men both hurry back up to their feet and turn to face each other with Dykstra running at Cena, but he runs in to a drop toe hold with Cena trying to follow up by looking to apply the STFU. . . . . Dykstra senses the danger and scurries across the mat before Cena can get it locked in and is able to grab hold of the bottom rope to avoid the deadly hold. He turns his head to tell the ref to get Cena off of him, and he does just that, standing back up and backtracking with his hands in the air, allowing Dykstra to stand back up. Once up, he turns round and walks across to meet Cena as they end up slugging it out once again. It’s Cena who takes charge, nailing three hard rights in a row and following up with a kick to the stomach. He then pulls Dykstra’s right leg in to his chest and hits a JUMPING FISHERMAN SUPLEX. . . . . . With Cena holding on for a cover, the ref counts Dykstra’s shoulders. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . . SHOULDER UP!

Dykstra lives to fight another day as Cena lets go of his leg and stands back up, ready and waiting as Dykstra also gets back up. Cena looks to pounce straight away by shifting behind him and trying to lift him up for a side suplex, but Dykstra quickly pulls himself back and drops to the mat, landing on his feet. Cena turns round as quickly as possible, but Kenny pulls his head towards him and connects with a ROLLING CUTTER. . . . . He thinks it’s all over and hurries to hook Cena’s leg and try for the pin. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . . NO!!

Cena kicks out once again, leaving Dykstra stunned. He looks really frustrated and stands up straight away, then walks in to the corner and climbs up to the top rope, staring down angrily at Cena, who still lies across the mat in the middle of the ring. Dykstra then takes one almighty leap off the top and comes down for the GUILLOTINE LEG DROP. . . . . BUT NO. . . . . Cena rolls to the side as Dykstra crash lands across the canvas to a huge pop from the crowd. Both men are down and out, and it takes them a while before they both stand back up, and it’s Kenny who’s up first. He tries to pull Cena up from his knees, but Cena sweeps his feet from under him and turns him over really quickly to lock in the STFU. . . . . . The crowd rise to their feet and cheer Cena on as he applies the pressure to a desperate Kenny Dykstra, who tries to fight the hold, raising his right hand up in to the air as the determination on Cena’s face is shown. The referee drops down right in front of Kenny and asks him if he wants to give it up, but he’s carrying on and desperately tries to drag himself across the mat, but it’s not working as Cena holds on tight.

Kenny’s not giving it up though, and Cena starts to tire ever so slightly, giving Kenny the chance to pull himself towards the ropes, and it works as he gradually drags himself away from the centre of the ring. Cena holds on to the grip, but Kenny continues to defy the odds and pulls himself closer and closer, and as he gets within touching distance, he reaches out with one big lunge to grab hold of the bottom rope. The crowd boo as the referee tells Cena to release the hold, and he does so at the count of four. Dykstra pulls himself on to the bottom rope and takes a few big deep breaths of air in as Cena backs away from him, getting himself ready as the worn out Dykstra starts to stand up. As he turns round, Cena doesn’t waste a second as he charges right at him, but Kenny lifts his boot up in to his face. Cena is sent back pedalling away from the ropes, and Dykstra races at him, but Cena reacts quickly to lift him on to his shoulders and sends him crashing down to the mat with THE F U. . . . . He hit it and he drops to his knees straight away to make the count. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . . 3.

WINNER: John Cena by pinfall @ 17.43.

AFTERMATH: “My Time is Now” blasts out to a big pop with the referee raising Cena’s arm in the air. He then walks in to the corner and climbs up to the second rope, lifting his arms up to pose for the crowd. As he jumps back down, he sees a groggy Dykstra sitting back up. He stops and looks right at him, seeming to be impressed with the effort shown by the youngster. He then carries on and celebrates in the opposite corner before leaving the ring as Dykstra sits up, looking unhappy as Cena walks back up the ramp.

***Video Promo***

Clips of classic King of the Ring moments are shown, such as Bret Hart winning the first tournament in 1993, followed by Owen Hart in ’94 and being crowned. It then shows Stonecold Steve Austin’s famous 3:16 quote from 1996, Triple H winning a year later and Kurt Angle’s victory in 2000, and ending with Edge’s in 2001.

Voiceover: For years, there have been only memories. . . For years, we have seen superstars grow in front of our eyes. . . Many of these moments stem from one glorious night. . . The King of the Ring. . . However, once again, this special night will create memories, champions and hall of famers. . . The King of the Ring returns to the WWE calendar very soon.

***Video Recap***

• Triple H revealing Hornswoggle was not Vince’s son on Raw last November
  • Saturday Night’s Main Event last December with JBL screwing Triple H out of the chance to win the WWE Championship
  • JBL being revealed on the first Raw of the 2008 as Vince’s son
  • Shane McMahon making a rematch between Triple H & Randy Orton, but screwing his brother-in-law over to unite with his family
  • The Royal Rumble match and Triple H eliminating Shane and JBL, but with JBL returning to eliminate him
  • Eric Bischoff being made the Raw Head of Authority with The McMahon’s losing all power
  • Evolution reforming on Raw and Triple H announcing they would face The McMahon’s at Wrestlemania
  • Evolution defeating The McMahon’s at Wrestlemania
  • Vince, Shane & JBL on Raw a week later, announcing a rematch has been made for Backlash, a non sanctioned match
  • The same promo with JBL telling Triple H if there was any justice, they will win at Backlash and Stephanie would lose their unborn baby, leading to a brawl
  • The next week with JBL defeating Triple H in a No Dq match with Shane then hitting a Coast to Coast with the trashcan on The Game
  • Last week on Raw with The McMahon’s showing footage of them attacking Reid Flair, causing Flair to leave the arena with Evolution swearing revenge

{Cut to Ringside}

***The Main Event***

NON SANCTIONED MATCH

ENDING:
Reid Flair has been watching on intently from the front row the whole time as both teams have been throwing everything at each other. With Vince on the outside, slumped against the barricade, Triple H slips back in the ring to help out Flair as he receives a beating from Shane. Shane O is stomping all over Naitch in the corner, but that all changes as The Game walks up behind him and spins him round. He then nails him with a couple of hard right hands before whipping him in to the opposite corner. Shane’s back hits hard, and as he staggers out of the corner, HHH runs at him and nails him with a high knee strike, getting a pop from the crowd. He then reaches down and applies an INVERTED INDIAN DEATH LOCK. . . . . Shane struggles in the hold and screams out in pain while Batista & JBL fight it out on the outside with Batista hammering away at JBL’s back as he stands up. He then grabs him by the head and tries to smash it in to the ringpost, but JBL blocks it and sweeps his leg back in to the groin of Batista. The Animal falls forward and leans against the ring post, looking in agony, but it gives JBL the chance to take a short breather before stepping back and then running at Batista to DRIVE HIS BOOT AGAINST THE SIDE OF HIS THE ANIMAL’S HEAD, SMASHING IT IN TO THE RINGPOST. . . . .

Batista just falls to the side in a heap as JBL slides back in the ring and walks slowly over to Triple H. He stomps across the ribcage of The Game, breaking up the submission hold and freeing Shane. Vince starts to move around on the outside, and he crawls towards the apron, then reaches underneath it and pulls out a Singapore cane. He slides it in the ring towards Shane as he squirms around on the mat. JBL goes to work on Triple H though, dragging him up to his feet and nailing him with a series of right hands, backing him up in to the corner where he then lifts his boot up against The Game’s throat, choking him out. Vince crawls back in to the ring and looks on with approval, but Flair is coming back to life in the opposite corner as Shane also makes his way back up. Vince walks across to Flair and throws a right hand at him, but it’s blocked by Naitch, who chops away at the chest of Vinnie Mac before kicking him in the chest and planting him with a DOUBLE ARM SUPLEX. . . . . Flair looks down at him and calls him a son of a bitch, not realising Shane is back on his feet and approaching right behind him with the Singapore cane, and Shane lets rip, NAILING FLAIR ACROSS THE BACK WITH THE CANE. . . . .

Flair drops to his knees, and Shane nails him again, right across the spine, sending Naitch back down to the mat. JBL turns around with HHH slumping down to the mat, with both JBL & Shane then smiling sadistically at the sight of Evolution down and out. JBL seems to give Shane some instructions, and his half brother drops the cane before leaving the ring and looking under the apron. He pulls out a table and slides it in to the ring, but JBL looks confused. Shane tells him he’s not done as he takes another look, dropping to his knees again and reaching underneath to pull out a trashcan. He tosses that over the top rope and in to JBL’s possession as he places it across Triple H’s chest as he remains slumped against the pads. Shane O Mac doesn’t bother getting back in the ring as instead, he hops up to the apron and climbs up to the top rope, adjacent to the corner that Triple H lies in. With The Game motionless, Batista out of it on the outside and Flair on the mat, Shane takes a giant leap across the ring and connects with THE COAST TO COAST. . . . . Some cheers come from the crowd there, but it quickly turns to heat as JBL drags HHH out of the corner and hooks the leg for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . .

NO!!!

JBL looks angry more than anything as he sees Triple H somehow get his shoulder up. Shane stands up and looks surprised too, but he sees Flair rising to his knees, also pointing out it to JBL. He stands back up and turns round to pull Flair up to his feet, grabbing him by the neck and trunks to toss him through the ropes and to the outside, right in front of the announce table. Flair looks extremely worse for ware as JBL then spots the table Shane brought in to the ring and tells him to help him set it up, and he does. They set the table up with JBL then dragging Triple H right back up and placing his head between his legs, right in front of the table. JBL signals for THE LAST CALL. . . . . The fans boo like crazy, but just as JBL lifts The Game up above his head, Batista slips back in the ring under the bottom rope and pulls Triple H down to his feet, but he falls to his knees and right back down to the mat. The Animal then sees Shane running at him, but he turns round to RIP HIM IN HALF WITH A SPEAR. . . . . Shane rolls across to the apron with Triple H doing the same on the opposite side as JBL walks over and drags Batista up, but he fights back, unleashing some ferocious shots and whipping him in to the ropes. As JBL comes back, Batista LIFTS HIM UP IN TO THE AIR AND NAILS HIM WITH A SPINEBUSTER. . . . .

Batista explodes with rage as he sees Vince getting to his knees and he immediately walks over to him and pulls him between his legs and sets him up for the BATISTA BOMB RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TABLE. . . . . The Chairman of the Board looks to be in deep trouble as Batista looks in to the crowd, and it proves to be costly as Vince low blows The Animal, who drops to the mat, along with Vince. Flair stands back up on the outside and he sees Shane trying to get up by the ropes. He walks across and grabs him under the bottom rope by his feet and chops him across the chest with Reid getting behind him as he watches on from the front row. Shane looks defenceless as Flair then swaps from chops to hard punches to the face, sending Shane down to his knees. Flair looks to be in a fit of rage, and he walks back to the announce table, stripping it to a huge pop from the crowd. JR & King stand up as Flair grabs a monitor with Shane getting to his knees behind him. The Nature Boy turns back round with serious intent as Shane sees what’s coming and begs him not to do it. Flair raises the monitor above his head with Shane still begging, but Flair takes his time as he puts Shane through it.

Shane then reacts by leaning forward and hitting Naitch with a shot to the gut. Flair slumps down slightly, and Shane takes his chance by standing up and stealing the monitor from him and quickly nails him in the side of the head, busting him open. He smirks as Flair drops to the floor with Reid looking on to the side. Shane then drops the monitor and drags the lifeless Flair up and to the announce table, resting him against it before pushing him on top of it. Shane then turns round and walks towards the ringpost, but sees Reid and gets distracted. He laughs at him before climbing up to the apron and up to the top rope, taunting Reid as he gets up there, but Reid can’t take it. He stands up from his seat and leaps over the barricade, taking Shane by surprise as he then jumps up on to the apron and shoves him down in to the base of the announce table to a massive pop from everyone inside the arena. He then jumps down and checks on his dad, but he doesn’t look good. Triple H, JBL, Batista & JBL all come back to life gradually with Triple H walking up to Vince and whipping him in to the ropes, connecting with a DOUBLE A SPINEBUSTER. . . . . The fans enjoy that too as he follows up for a cover. . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . .

JBL BREAKS IT UP!

Vince’s illegitimate son dives across on to The Game’s back, just in time to stop the count. But as JBL slowly makes his way back up, Batista is doing the same. They both look unsteady on their feet with Batista pushing the table to the side, and as JBL swings a lazy right hand at him, Batista ducks it and whips him in to the corner. He charges in and hits him with a shoulder thrust to the stomach. Triple H gets to his knees and rolls across to the ropes and under the bottom rope as Batista then turns back to run the ropes, and as he comes back, he nails JBL with a SPEAR. . . . . Another pop breaks out as Batista stays down with the fatigue playing a part while Vince starts to come round. Triple H looks under the apron on the outside and he pulls out his trusty sledgehammer to another big pop. Vince sees it too as he looks up in horror with The Game staring right back at him, but we then see a close up of Vince smiling and the crowd rising to their feet and making a ton of noise. Triple H doesn’t know what’s going on as he turns to the side, but as he turns round, he sees the familiar sight of The Big Show walking right up behind him. . . . .

HE’S BACK! . . . . . The 7ft plus giant shocks the hell out of The Game as he walks up to him, but as Triple H swings the sledgehammer at him, he grabs it with one hard and tosses it to the floor before nailing him with a thunderous right hand. The Game drops to the floor, delighting Vince on the inside. Big Show drags him back up and tosses him back in the ring as Batista stands back up, and as he turns round, he’s greeted by the sight of The Big Show stepping over the top rope. The Animal charges at him, but he receives the same knock down blow that just befell Triple H. Vince then stands up and points for Show to get Triple H as he walks towards the table and drags it back in to the centre of the ring. Reid sees what’s going on after turning round and slides in to the ring, hitting Vince across the back, but Show lets go of The Game straight away and walks slowly across to Reid, who looks petrified. He stands face to face with the biggest athlete in the world, and he then decides he has to fight as he hits Show across the chest, but it has no effect with Show just staring right at him.

Reid tries again, but this time Show grabs his hand and then his throat, planting him with a CHOKESLAM. . . . . Boos ring out as Vince smiles at the sight of Reid laid out, but his dad is back on his feet as he slowly walks back to the apron. The bloodied Nature Boy looks pissed at his son has been broken in half as he climbs back in the ring with Shane coming back round. Flair runs right at Show, but it’s wasted as he just opens out an arm and knocks him down to the mat. Show drags him right back up and CHOKESLAMS THE NATURE BOY DOWN TO THE MAT. . . . . The crowd are booing like crazy as Show lets out a sly grin as he turns his attention back to the squirming Triple H with Vince urging him to break The Game in half. Show drags him up and grabs him by the throat, staring right in to his eyes and talking smack before hoisting him up in to the air AND CHOKESLAMMING HIM THROUGH THE TABLE. . . . . The referee looks disgusted as Vince drops to his knees and goes for the cover, but with The Big show telling him to the count, he has no choice but to count The Game’s shoulder. . . . .

1 . . . . .

2 . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . . 3.

WINNERS: The McMahon’s by pinfall @ 22.10.

AFTERMATH: “No Chance in Hell” hits to a chorus of boos in The Pepsi Center as Vince half hugs The Big Show before the giant raises Vince’s arm in the air. Shane sits up and smiles on the outside before slowly standing back up. JBL also makes his way back up on the inside and walks over to Show, shaking his hand and hugging Vince while Shane climbs back in to the ring and does the same as JBL, shaking Show’s hand and hugging his dad. All four then stand in a line and raise their arms together to end the show.

{End of Show}

NO QUICK RESULTS, READ THE SHOW!!!

Don’t be an idiot. . . No Spam & One Line Spoilers Please!

COMING SOON!

#1,019 ·
Backlash 2008 Review:

Kofi vs. Cody w/Kelly:
A good match, with both of them going at it with no restrains whatsoever. I liked how you described Kelly Kelly looking worried about the two of them.

Bischoff/Randy Segment:
It was OK, and it leaves me wondering if Bischoff is going to screw Randy out of his world title shot.

Finlay w/Hornswoggle vs Santino Marella w/Melina:
I'm suprised this wasn't a total squash by Finlay, but the win was excpected and I haven't got anything more to say about it.

The McMahon Men Segment:
I think that the McMahons are convinced that they are going to win the match tonight, too convinced if you ask me.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick (c) vs John Morrison & The Miz:
A good match with both the faces and the heels having their moments. The DQ victory was great with neither of the teams losing credibility.

Cody Rhodes/Kelly Kelly Segment:
It was OK, hinting that the Cody/Kelly Kelly relationship is going to end.

Jimmy Wang Yang vs Ted DiBiase Jr (c):
It was obvious that Ted was going to win, he wasn't going to lose the Million Dollar Championship to a jobber like Jimmy Wang Yang.

Kenny Dykstra interview:
It was good, building up the match between him and John Cena

Candice Michelle vs Kelly Kelly vs Natalya Neidhart vs Melina:
The Kelly Kelly win wasn't excpected, so I'll give you that. Not sure what to make of Cody coming out and just raising her hand and then heading to the back.

Evolution Segment:
It was great, and I think that Reid Flair is gonna interfere in the match.

John Cena interview:
Good Interview with John Cena attacking Kenny, and then RVD comes along, hmmm. I'm wondering if he's going to be a part of the PPV, or appear on a Raw.

Kane (c) w/Paul Bearer vs Randy Orton:
I thought that Randy actually had the victory after that RKO, and after he took the chair, but here comes Mr. Kennedy, getting revenge for Orton punting him in the head. He makes the save, and Kane hits the tombstone for the win.

Bischoff/Regal Segment:
It was good, and I think that the only reason for that segment was to hype the match.

John Cena vs Kenny Dykstra:
It wasn't anything shocking, Cena getting the win, but I haven't got anything against it, since Kenny isn't ready to get a win against someone as big as Cena.

Evolution vs The McMahon’s:
The McMahon's got the excpected win here, and I guess that the Big Show is now the McMahon's enforcer, or something, right? It seems that they always have something up their sleeves those McMahons.

Overall: It was a great show, and I'm looking forward to Raw.

#1,020 ·
Prediction Results

Bradley - Matches 3/7. Questions 4/7 = 7/14
D-K-L - Matches 4/7. Questions 3/7 = 7/14
The+King_of_Kings – Matches 4/7. Questions 3/7 = 7/14

TKO™ - Matches 4/7. Questions 2/7 = 6/14

Davidmila - Matches 5/7. Questions 0/7 = 5/14
The JD – Matches 4/7. Questions 1/7. Total = 5/14
Thunderman - Matches 3/7. Questions 2/7 = 5/14

IrishProdigy - Matches 3/7. Questions 1/7 = 4/14

sc2004 - Matches 2/7. Questions 1/7 = 3/14

Thanks to everyone that had a crack at them and to those who have left some feedback.

Cheers,
Nige.

#1,021 ·
Ha, Sean came last! :p

Well done Nige as it looks a good PPV, can't believe I only got five, I was sure to get 'em all right. :side: Unable to properly review, but I have read a fair part of your show (I couldn't say most) and skimmed a few paragraphs here and there. Here are some comments though.

Cody turning on Kelly got me here, and as it happened I'm suprised Cody didnt lash out again at the end. I can't say this was a briliant match, but I liked the ending. Hopefully this can continue into something good on Raw. Congrats Mr Mod.

Never expected the open challenge, but I'm glad he retained too, especially to a crusuierweight, was Yang a random choice or has something lead to this?

As KF4E said, Candice looks hot in your banner, so does Kelly tbh, and Melina and Natalya. :side: Suprised to see Kelly win after the things with the IC Title earlier but I don't mind as I think she could do ok and improve, also I hope Rhodes gets involved.

Haven't had chance to read the rest, can't explain reasons or would be advertising. :side: I'll try to edit in some more comments and PM you when there in, as for now I'll catch ya later.

#1,023 ·
Nice to see I did well in the predictions, for me any way.

The King of Kings Backlash Thoughts

Right, the build to this event has been well done in three weeks that you had coming off the back of WrestleMania. I am glad to see that you have gone with the single brand pay per views as it allows the young players to be on pay per view like we are seeing with Rhodes/Kingston/Dykstra and Londrick.

Kingston vs. Rhodes: I thought you might open with this as it is two of the young stars on their first pay per view, but it also has a great story. This was evident in the match as you constantly reminded us of Kelly and noted her expressions throughout the match. Doing this did make it obvious that there would be some finish that included her but I think most people would have assumed that. The finish itself was clever as it allowed the Kofi/Kelly relationship appear innocent making Cody more of a heel. A nice quick paced match to get things going. I don't recall Cody ever doing a moonsault, I'm not saying he couldn't but just something I don't recall.

Orton/Bischoff: Very intersting litte segment here makes you think that there is going to be an involvement in the title match from Eric. Maybe hinting at a Orton vs. Authority since he called him weak.

finlay vs. Santino: This was good for what it was, not really much to comment on. Santino in my opinion needed the win more that Finlay but I guess if you are going to continue this then it doesn't seem so bad. Also that is the way Hornswoggle should be used really. God I hate that midget.

The McMahons Backstage: This was nice as it does build to the main event and hints at divide in Evolution but with them talking about the plan you know they have something up their sleves. It's the McMahons of course they do :)

Miz and Morrison vs. Londrick: I thought you might do this as everone seemed to think it was The Miz and Morrisons time. I gotta say though I didn't like the ending, it just seems like a kop out. Up and till then it was good as these four are great in the ring, yeah even The Miz. Well I like him, Overall it was a good match besides the ending took away from it.

Rhodes/Kelly: I like where this is going with these two, this was nice little addition to the plot and finally Kelly has had enough. Rhodes is coming across as a conflicted individual so nice stuff there.

Dibiase?Wang Yang: Didn't expect to see this to be honest. I like Ted's speech before the match about winning without really being trying. With that said I wish he could have destroyed Jimmy here in a couple of minuets, hey, maybe thats the mark in me but nevertheless good to see wht you're doing with Dibaise. Not a big fan of Wang Yang but he could be decent.

Kenny Promo: Kenny is very confident here as well he should be. I like how you put him across as a tough heel who is confident. I still see no reason for him to go over Cena (yet).

Divas Match
: Now it seems strange that you would put this match on pay per view instead of a championship match. I liked the match and with all the earlier stuff it makes sense that Kelly would win but seeing Melina lose makes me sad. The aftermatch was very interesting as I really don't know what to make of Cody but I think it is all build to the evetual attack on Kelly. Overall this was decent, didn't really need to have a contender match on ppv though.

Evolution Backstage: This was another nice little build to the main event. everything seems all good in the locker room which proably means it won't be later. The tension between The Game and Batistais something that interests me as I still think you will turn Batista but just not tonight.

Cena backstage: Nice to see RVD, don't know if you are going to bring him in and the news from earlier in the day looked to just want to get people interested. Dunno if I want to see Cena and RVD but I would like to see RVD.

Kane/Orton: Well, I ahd this at the main event but with Kane going ove again it doesn't suprise me you put this here. I thought it was a great encounter I love heel vs. heel and I love Orton. Overall the match was great stuff and written greatly and Kane going over unclean was ok but it does seem that there have been a lot of screwy finishes tonight.Kennedy-Orton does interest me and that seemingly unimportant punt to Kennedy a few weeks a go turned out to mean smoething which was cool. Good Stff.

Dykstra/That Other Guy: Well it does seem that you are pushing Kenny especially having this go on after the WWE Title match. Loved the ending of the match and gotta say I did doubt that Cena was winning but I have to say I am glad he did. Wouldn't mind if down the line butnot here. Good Match overall was good. I said this in random thread in the WWE section that you do not have to win to be put over and this was an example of it.

King of the Ring = Win. Love it. I am thinking about having it my thread. Maybe Kenny wins that. I am way ahead of myself here lol

Main Event: Must say I loved this. The build has been great and the retun of the big man was very well done. The match was brutal and I am all for that and it was enjoyable to read. The Flairs involvemnt at the end was good but the influence of Show was awesome as the McMahons prevail. I liked this very much and worthy of being main event.

Overall: I liked the show it was a nice easy read with the recapped matches. The only downfall of the show was the over use of screwy finishes, especially in the Tag Team match where it was not needed, other than that I liked it. Good luck in the up coming weeks and with the KOTR.

#1,024 ·
D-K-L’s Backlash Review

Nice video recap and voiceover, not too big but it reminds us of everything we need to know.

This was an interesting choice for first match, it’s a good match to get everybody hyped for the rest of the show and it makes this feud look quite important. I was expecting a recap but writing out the endings are more enjoyable to read for me so I’m happy. The ending was good, it flowed very well and it was fast paced which made it enjoyable to read. Both men looked good in this and hit their signature moves, and I imagine it would be enjoyable to write a match between these two men. I see the match was twelve minutes as well, good amount of time to let them impress. The ending was very good to progress the feud and it makes it very interesting, however it was a bit strange with Kelly Kelly just jumping onto the apron to get a closer look LOL, but you had to get her on the apron somehow I guess. It was good that you ended it with Kofi’s finisher, thought you would go for a roll up but it makes Kofi look slighter better despite the distraction. I’m glad you didn’t go down the whole stretcher route as well with her being a wrestler. It was interesting to see the reaction of Kelly, I thought it would cause problems but she went back to Cody which was interesting, but I’m sure more will come of that in the coming weeks. Overall it seemed like a good match and I am looking forward to seeing what happens with this storyline over the next few weeks.

This was a decent segment with Orton and Bischoff, didn’t really seem to have a point to it other than to show how Orton is feeling ahead of his title match. There seems to be problems between the two, don’t know whether it will lead anywhere or if it’s just Orton being a heel. Strong words from Orton though, I’m hoping he retakes the title.

This seemed like an OK match, I can’t say I really enjoy Marella matches with his current gimmick however the guy is hilarious and deserves a place on the card. From what you wrote Finlay was pretty much in control, which is probably how it should be. Hornswaggle coming in was expected, but how can he kick Marella from behind in the groin when he is so small? Maybe I am wrong, but I’m finding it hard to picture in my head as surely Marella would be too tall for that, maybe you meant when Marella was on his knees or something. Anyway the ending was OK, it wasn’t needed though really as Finlay should win cleanly and on his own for once. Still it gives Santino something to be angry about and keeps him reasonably credible.

The McMahon’s seem like they have a plan. This was a good little segment, builds anticipation for the match later and we needed to hear from them before such a big match for them. Just the type of promo you would expect from them as well. Them talking about Batista and Triple H’s problems was interesting but I now don’t really see any turn, but I’m sure they have another plan.

Another good match and I am happy with the result of this one. It seemed a while back you were thinking of a split between London and Kendrick but then you seemed to stop even hinting it, but still it seemed like you were going to have the titles change hands. The match was good and the teams seemed to fit well with each other, London and Kendrick especially were exciting with their usual move sets and the dive from London would be cool to see. The DQ finish was frustrating but I can see why you did it to keep them both fairly credible. This ending would be fine for TV, but these sorts of endings can be frustrating for PPVs. Can’t blame you though as we all have these finishes on PPV’s, however this isn’t one of the bigger feuds so I don’t think it was needed. I think London and Kendrick will be keeping the belts for the near future as I think that if you were going to take the titles off them you would’ve done it here.

Interesting promo with Cody and Kelly. I thought we were going to have to wait until Raw for their reaction but I like how you are already moving it on. Cody was a great heel here by being over protective and blaming everything on Kofi, and he didn’t even seem to acknowledge that is was him who actually knocked her down. I still expect her to wrestle later, but it makes me think that she might win it.

The pre match promo from Ted DiBiase was very good as usual, I’m not sure about him calling his own performance barely average though but I see what you were doing. Liked the Tiger Woods reference as well, like he is saying he is also the best in his sport. The match was entertaining, Yang got his fair share of moves in which was good for him however he was never going to win. The finish was good too as the missed top rope move set him up nicely for DiBiase to finish him off.

Great Kenny Dykstra interview, he was perfectly in character being very arrogant and insulting John Cena and his fans. It also makes him look very important having some mic time on a PPV. The last line was great as well, a win for Kenny would be huge for him.

So Kelly Kelly has decided to wrestle then, Cody won’t be happy. I liked how it started with Natalya dominating Kelly Kelly as she is ahead of her in terms of talent, and with Kelly escaping the Sharpshooter it shows she can handle some punishment. This was written quite well for a diva’s match as well, I see you went for tagging in I guess to make it easier to write. Kelly Kelly winning is a slight surprise but I thought if it weren’t Natalya, it would be Kelly. The way it was done was good with Natalya and Melina colliding, a rollup after that would perhaps have been better but Kelly ended it impressively with the kick. I wonder how you are going to work her title feud with Victoria now. Cody coming down after was interesting, I wonder if he will end up helping Kelly to win the title.

This next promo was okay, not exactly entertaining but it adds more hype for the match as well as reminding us about a lot of the things that have happened in this feud. Just the type of promo you would expect from these guys, and Reid in the building is interesting as well, I expect he’ll get involved. You reminded us about the problems Batista and HHH have had as well, I wonder if they will be more tonight.

I was surprised to see two promos in a row on a PPV, especially by you but after Dykstra’s strong words it’s only right that Cena gets his say. This was a typical Cena promo with him getting all intense, but what happened after was a big surprise. RVD! You did say a former champ would be on the show. His little chat with Cena was fairly low-key but I think you are hinting at a return. It would be good to see RVD back and I expect he will be soon.

This only match six? I think I thought it would be the main event. It kind of tells us that Orton isn’t winning with two matches left after it as if he won I expect you would have it end the show. It seemed like a decent title match and it was very dramatic with Orton getting his foot on the rope as well as the ref bump. Kennedy!!! That was a shock with Kennedy costing Orton after that punt so long ago, you told me there was nothing to it but I guess you were tricking me! Now while I don’t like to see a run-in during a title match on a PPV I prefer that to Orton losing cleanly to Kane. Kennedy and Orton is a feud that really interests me and I can’t wait to see where you take it, I don’t like face Kennedy at all but this should be fresh and exciting, and it should produce some good promos and matches. So Kane’s title reign lives on, I think it needed too after only winning the belt and the new feud to come out of this should be good.

This was a bit of a filler tbh I think, I guess it adds more hype to the match later but again there wasn’t really much of a purpose behind it. I guess it also gets the GM and Regal on the show as well as showing their difference in opinion regarding what Kennedy did.

The Dykstra/Cena match was good to read as well, probably the most exciting so far and I thought Dykstra looked very impressive in this. Cena wins, not a big surprise considering he is a main eventer on Raw, it would’ve been great for Dykstra to win but at least he looked impressive despite the loss. The finish was good as it looked as if it could go either way as well, and for Dykstra to last seventeen minutes as well was good for him. I liked the look of respect from Cena as it puts Kenny over again, I wonder if this is it or if there will be more from these two. The positioning of this match turned out pretty good in the end for Kenny as well.

Looking forward to the King of the Rig returning, I hope you make a star out of this.

What a match this was. Loved the ring post spot at the start, really showed how brutal this match is. Coast to Coast! It’s always great to see that. I liked Vince’s counter to the Batista Bomb as it’s just what his character would do resort to in that situation. Reid Flair getting involved was no surprise but it makes sense to have him involved after being attacked. I was waiting for HHH to pull out the sledgehammer in this match. Big Show!!! He’s back! I was thinking about Big Show but once I saw RVD I thought RVD was the guy you were talking about before the show, so I wasn’t expecting Big Show! I loved the destruction of Evolution and Flair at the hands of Show, he really made an impact on his return here. Glad to see the McMahon’s win this one and it was done in the right way as well with an interference. This match was great and it was good to see Show return but I know this is not over yet.

Overall it was a good show as usual Nige, the matches were entertaining to read and there is a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks after these results. The only thing is that there were two interferences, three if you count Hornswaggle as well as a DQ finish, and although it was good for storylines it could get a bit frustrating. Overall though the show was good and I am looking forward to Raw now for the fallout.

#1,025 ·
Backlash Feedback

IC Title: I like the little preview, helped me catch up to speed with the main event stuff, which looks good, and I like the opening words that we get at the start of a PPV. As for the IC Title Match, I thought it was good, but not especially great. It had some nice back and forth action that flowed well leading up to the finish, which I actually really liked. I don't really know the story here, but I'm guessing it's some kind of rivalry/friendship between Kofi and Cody, with Kelly being Cody's girl. Either way, it worked really well, especially with Kofi looking concerned after Kelly got knocked off the apron. Nice touch, having him take a second to make sure she was alright before pinning. A good match, better ending, no one looked especially weak here, and it seems that this program will continue based on the aftermath. First match I've ever read of yours, and I liked it. Good job.

Orton/Bischoff Segment: A good segment here, good dialogue, but Bischoff seemed kind of face-ish with his comments about Kane. However, him talking about Orton's attacks on Kane was good, helped me get in the know a little more, and get me to look forward to the main event, as these segments sounded very good. Bischoff sounding face-y was really the only problem I had here, because I don't like the guy at all, and I could never buy him as a face, or understand why he would be one. With that said, I don't think he is, because he was still kind of a jerk, but he came off face-ish to me. Aside from that, I liked Orton's need to be WWE Champion, really makes the match seem that much more important with him absolutely needing to be champ, and this is the first show if your I've read. Good job here.

Finlay/Santino: Not the best match, but then again, I can't properly rate it, this being my first time reading your stuff, so I don't know how you book Santino. Is he jobber-comedic, or competitive-comedic, or not comedic at all? I also don't know about his relationship with Melina, and unlike the first match, I'm not too sure about the story revolving this match. I can't say I liked this match, but then again, I'm not big on Finlay (or Hornswoggle, so I can't say I liked him here), or Santino wrestling. The match was okay, one-sided like a regular Santino match, but I did like the ending. Melina's a clever girl, so I liked how she was used here, but aside from the ending, not a fan of this match.

McMahons Segment: JBL's Vince's son? He certainly fits right in with the McMahons, to say the least. As for the segment itself, I liked it, had a good meaning, but I kind of felt it odd that JBL's the one that's acting a little worried about Evolution. He's always been extremely confident about himself, but you might've changed that, so that's just my first-timer instincts. I did like Shane being somewhat relaxed about the situation, fits his heelish character nicely, but Vince, I don't know, he seemed a little too articulate in the way he spoke, and I don't think he talked like that. But again, don't know what he's like here, so can't really say much. As a whole, a good segment, really liked it, and also looking forward to their match later on tonight. Should be a great one, with Shane being in his unrestricted comfort zone.

Tag Titles: A very good match, fast-paced and exciting, with a greatly built-up finish, but the actual finish was a letdown. It made sense, to keep both teams strong, but I felt that it would've been perfectly fine to just let Kendrick get the pinfall. Everything was set for a win from either side, so a DQ, as much sense as it made, just didn't feel right. Still, it's more than apparent that this feud isn't over, and I think I have a pretty good picture of what could happen from here on out, with Miz and Morrison being deluded and saying that London and Kendrick didn't actually beat them, and therefore, still having an opportunity at the titles. Sorry for booking in your own thread, but that's what it seems could go down to me. Again, great match, just didn't like the ending.

Cody/Kelly Segment: Brilliant segment. Everything flowed so smoothly, I could just picture this going on. I'm already liking where this is going, with Cody being overprotective, and Kelly getting sick of it. Honestly, there's really nothing I didn't like here, everything was pretty much perfect. I'm not necessarily a big fan of Cody, but I'm definitely liking this angle he's got going with Kofi and Kelly. Looking forward to more, great job here.

Million Dollar Title: Really liked Ted's promo, very heelish, but also respectable, like he himself said. Good to know what he's been up to, putting his title on the line every week. I wonder what his relationship with Maryse is like, and what her role's been in his matches. In any case, though, she's nice eye candy. A successful promo that made me interested in him (well, I'm a fan of him anyway, but still, a good promo), and the impromptu match was okay. Jimmy looked solid against DiBiase, in fact, I might say a little too solid. I was expecting DiBiase to control the majority of the match, but Jimmy was in control for most of the ending. A good performance, and definitely makes DiBiase to not be as special as he claims to be, but that probably wasn't the right way to go about this match. I imagine that DiBiase's still relatively new on your roster, and that this could be his first or second PPV appearance, so I think he should've been a little more dominant on this occassion. That was really my biggest problem, but aside from that, solid match.

Kenny Interview: You managed to blend cockiness and mild intensity very well here. I don't especially agree with some of Kenny's comments, like Cena being the most overrated Superstar every, but this is a good way to push him, to put him against one of the top stars. I personally find Kenny overrated, as I never really saw anything all that special about him, but I was willing to watch him develop and maybe live up to the hype, and looks like you're doing that here. I'm guessing he trashed Cena's locker room? Way to get in someone's face, although very cheap. I'm not sure if Kenny's going over, but I expect a great showing from him. And Leticia Cline = hotness.

Women's Title No. 1 Contendership: Interesting set up, tidies things up, as sometimes, multi-person matches can get a little clustered. In all honesty, I didn't expect Kelly to win, but now that I think about it, I'm loving it. It's not just because I love Kelly, but because of what this can do with her current story. As for the match itself, I liked it, but I didn't feel it was really PPV-quality. Could've made a better-than-average Divas match on TV, but didn't have a big PPV feel. With that said, no one looked weak here, so good job there, but I didn't like the ending. A roundhouse kick as Kelly's finish? Kind of overused by the Divas, and I like her legdrop bulldog better. Still, a solid match, and the aftermath with Cody, who's not looking all that happy, further continues my speculation about how this'll work with their story. I also liked Victoria on commentary, that would've helped sell the match, and also gave her some screen time on the PPV. Very interesting stuff, looking forward to what happens next.

Evolution Segment: Triple H's first paragraph was good, got the message of what he wants to accomplish, but was a little repetitive. It went around in a circle before he finished. Reid coming in was a surprise, because the way they've been talking about it, I thought the kid got the crap beat out of him, so I didn't expect him to show up. First row seat? That's never good. I see him having a role in the match. But, and this is probably going to sound either funny or weird to you, but I kind of felt like it was a Power Rangers-ish segment, with Reid being a kid who was harmed by a monster, and Evolution being the Power Rangers, getting his hopes back up before they go out there and kick the baddie's ass. Anyway, good hype for the match later on, and Reid being here introduces a new dynamic, so looking forward to seeing what happens with him.

Cena Interview: I liked this up until the point where Cena got intense, and spoke with all caps. It wasn't so much that he was all, "Grrr, I'm gonna take you down 'cause I'm talkin' with my big voice!", but more the dialogue of it (although the caps had a part to play in it). Anyway, good to hear what Kenny did to Cena in the build-up to the match, brutal stuff, that loss to Santino must've made things personal (that's if he's a jobber here). Besides that, I liked the parts about the hole, and by Cena's own admission, Kenny's stepping into the big leagues. I honestly don't know what the point of RVD was here, but who cares? It's R-Freakin'-VD! Awesome, awesome. But, I checked out your first post in your thread, and I read he went to TNA. Anyway, awesome, RVD rules, but he didn't really contribute to the segment. Good stuff, good hype, overall.

WWE Title: Great match here. Very exciting. I really didn't think Orton would win, but I wasn't expecting it to happen the way it did. I read that Orton punted Kennedy before he demanded his rematch, but I didn't think he'd be the deciding factor in the match. Things are looking towards an Orton/Kennedy feud, which should be good, especially after tonight. The match itself was great, had a good story, some great action, Kane and Orton meshed well here. So you're using masked Kane, huh? Does he also have the long hair? I hope so, because the mask and the bald head would look weird. The one thing I didn't like was that this went before Cena/Kenny. I know you're really trying to elevate the guy, but this is the WWE Title, and I personally think that it should go on last, bar certain top-level feuds, but I don't know if Cena/Kenny fits that bill. Aside from that, great match.

Bischoff/Regal Segment: Don't know what's going on here, or why they'd be concerned with what happens. I mean, it's a non-sanctioned match. If anything does happen that they wouldn't like, it'd be their own fault, because they're the ones that made it happen. And maybe it's just because I don't like Bischoff, but who the hell does he think he is? He's going to try and punish The McMahons? As in, the people that own the company? The people that sign his paycheck? Unless I'm missing something (and I probably am), he can't do that. Evolution, certainly, but not the others. Anyway, I didn't really like this segment. Besides the Bischoff thing, Regal looked kind of like a desperate lacky, especially with his line of "Oh, thank you very much!" Felt like it was mostly filler.

Cena/Kenny: To be honest, I thought Kenny didn't look as impressive as I thought he would have. Cena dominated the majority of the match, and rightfully so, but I was expecting a little less than what we got. Kenny didn't look bad by any means, but he didn't come out looking like a million dollars, either. This match didn't necessarily showcase enough to Kenny for me to buy him entry into the big leagues. He didn't hit many big moves, and I didn't really get what you were trying to do when Kenny was on the top rope, and Cena's coming at him, and he jumps off. He did get a chance at his finish, which is saying something, considering it's a top rope move, and he did get out of the STFU, but that was really it for Kenny. Cena himself didn't benefit from the match, and the intention wasn't for him to do so, but Kenny could've walked away with a lot more than he did, even in a losing effort. However, it's a step in the right direction, so keep it up.

King of the Ring Promo: Nice voice-over narration, and glad that you're going to be bringing back the classic tournament, and in PPV form, no less. Good stuff. I think, after reading the majority of this show, I have some ideas of some strong candidates to win it - but I've yet to experience the SD! part of this thread, so not making any predictions just yet.

Non Sanctioned: Isn't the proper term "Unsactioned?" Anyway, great match, brutal and fun. Everyone got something to do in this match, hitting or being on the receiving end of a big spot, and I especially loved the Coast to Coast (well, who doesn't?). Despite being a hardcore match, this still had plenty of psychology, something not easily accomplished when you're dealing with a spot-filled match. The psychology was there, and so was the story, as all these guys took it to the max. I initially thought Reid would have a bigger part to play in this, but it seems that he was just a red herring. I read in the Advertisement Thread that a former WWE Champion would be at the show, and I thought that was RVD, but he, too, was another decoy to steer us away from the real thing, so great job with the swerves. I didn't expect Show to come out, but you really put him over strong by taking out Evolution (and then some with Reid), despite them already worn and tired. Chokeslam through the table was a great spot, and it makes sense that Hunter was the one to take the fall, as he's the leader of Evolution, and it's best to make him pay the price. Great match, fun read, looking forward to more of this feud.

Overall: Well, it's about damn time I lost my Strong Response virginity, and even though WrestleMania would've been the better place to do it, I think that Backlash is right underneath it. This was definitely a great read, and now I know why you're considered one of the best in these parts. Being my first time reading this, I got a good picture of what's going on, at least on the RAW side of things, so now, I must venture into SD!, so I'll be checking it out when it's up. I'll also be checking out RAW, because I'm now a part of the Strong Response, and I hope to give you regular reviews. There were some things I didn't like, but then again, I don't think I've ever read a perfect show. With that in mind, in the overall sense, this was very successful show, very fun read, great stuff. Looking forward to more, so great job, Nige. 8.5/10.

#1,026 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, and I just wanted answer some of your questions.

And maybe it's just because I don't like Bischoff, but who the hell does he think he is? He's going to try and punish The McMahons? As in, the people that own the company? The people that sign his paycheck? Unless I'm missing something (and I probably am), he can't do that.
The storyline that brought him in was that because The McMahon’s were abusing their power with Shane as GM, Linda signed Bischoff to be an Independent Head of Authority. So he’s a tweener here and does have control over them to an extent on TV.

read in the Advertisement Thread that a former WWE Champion would be at the show, and I thought that was RVD, but he, too, was another decoy to steer us away from the real thing, so great job with the swerves. I didn't expect Show to come out
That was the plan. RVD was just a decoy in the hope that people would write off the former world champ coming in, setting up the shock of The Big Show getting involved.

The one thing I didn't like was that this went before Cena/Kenny. I know you're really trying to elevate the guy, but this is the WWE Title, and I personally think that it should go on last, bar certain top-level feuds, but I don't know if Cena/Kenny fits that bill.
The reason I did that was because I would have had back to back run ins, and I didn’t want to do that on PPV.

I was expecting DiBiase to control the majority of the match, but Jimmy was in control for most of the ending. A good performance, and definitely makes DiBiase to not be as special as he claims to be, but that probably wasn't the right way to go about this match.
I’m glad someone mentioned that as the complacency angle is something I am playing on and that will lead to something big with DiBiase going in to Summerslam. His arrogance and attitude was meant to play a part in this match, and carry on from the promo about complacency.

Everything was set for a win from either side, so a DQ, as much sense as it made, just didn't feel right. Still, it's more than apparent that this feud isn't over, and I think I have a pretty good picture of what could happen from here on out, with Miz and Morrison being deluded and saying that London and Kendrick didn't actually beat them, and therefore, still having an opportunity at the titles.
This was a difficult decision for me as I had wrote a different ending, but with what I had in store, I decided to change it at the last second. It sets what’s coming up slightly better, but I did feel a bit bad about making it a DQ with some of the screwy finishers, but this PPV was more about progression with some big matches.

#1,027 ·
RAW Preview – Monday 28th April 2008
Live From The Von Braun Civic Center
Huntsville , Alabama

McMAHON’S CALL ON THE BIG SHOW
When The McMahon’s requested a non-sanctioned match with Evolution several weeks ago, alarm bells were set off, and we found out last night that there was no smoke without fire. Just a week after attacking Reid Flair, Mr. McMahon and his sons destroyed every member of Evolution, well their hired gun did, The Big Show. Yet again, The McMahon’s showed how valuable their resources can be as The Big Show strolled down to the ring and decimated everyone in sight, including Reid after he got himself a front row seat. He couldn’t bare to see Shane fly through the air and elbow drop his father through the announce table, but that came back to haunt him as he found out first hand just how dangerous the largest athlete in the world is.

Having defeated their bitter nemesis, it would be hard to imagine that The McMahon’s will have nothing to say as Raw returns to stateside for the first time in three weeks. You have to wonder whether The Big Show himself will be there too after surprising everyone with his shocking appearance. There’s only one way to find out!

KANE RETAINS & KENNEDY EVENS THE SCORE WITH ORTON
Last night, we finally saw a backlash to the actions of the ever determined Randy Orton. Having to face Kane was a daunting task in itself, but The Legend Killer put up one hell of a fight in his quest to regain the WWE Championship before he got the surprise of his life. It seemed as if everyone forgot the night after Wrestlemania when Orton stormed down to the ring and punted Mr. Kennedy in the head, just because he was there. Well, Mr. Kennedy certainly didn’t forget, and he made sure last night that Orton won’t either as he appeared out of nowhere to return the favour, helping Kane retain the WWE Championship. It was clear to see how much Kennedy enjoyed it, and Kane then finished Orton off with a tombstone to keep hold of the title Orton thinks should be his.

It sure does ask the question of just what response we will get from the defeated challenger when Raw heads to Huntsville. It sure won’t be one to miss!

CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR FOR DYKSTRA AS CENA SIGNS OFF WITH A WIN
It was always going to be a difficult task for Kenny Dykstra to back up his big mouth when he stepped foot in the same ring as John Cena last night at Backlash, but the youngster went some way to proving he could hang with one of the best in the business. He managed to frustrate Cena for a long time, but it wasn’t to be as he eventually fell victim to the multi time WWE Champion, who is now heading to Europe to star in a new WWE film.

We know what’s in store for Cena, but what’s next for Dykstra?

NOT A BAD NIGHT FOR KELLY, BUT IT WAS FOR CODY!
Cody Rhodes finally got the shot at the Intercontinental Championship he thought he deserved last night, but it didn’t end the way he wanted as Kofi Kingston was able to defeat his apparent, now former friend. With the tussle over the title taking centre stage, it still ended in controversy as Cody accidentally knocked his girlfriend and the centre of Kofi’s attention, according to Cody that is, down off the apron, leading to Kofi picking up the victory. The defending champion rushed to check on Kelly, but she was okay while Cody wasn’t as he came round and saw the two of them together again. Kelly returned to check on her man, but it didn’t end there. Later on, Cody & Kelly had a set to before her number one contendership match for the women’s title, which she was able to pull through and win after a miscommunication between Melina & Natalya Neidhart. Despite walking out on Cody earlier, her boyfriend walked down to the ring to raise her arm in glory, leaving everyone confused.

Just what is the status of this strained relationship?

LONDON & KENDRICK STILL HAVE IT, AND THE GOLD!
It looks like John Morrison & The Miz’s attempts to unsettle the World Tag Team Champions of Paul London & Brian Kendrick backfired in a big way, as the high flying duo came out fighting last night at Backlash, retaining their titles in the process. They showed a real determination to prove their challengers wrong, and they did just that. It looked as if Morrison & The Miz were stunned by the gutsy display, and that may have played a part in The Miz’s frustration that led to them being disqualified.

The champs will have to keep that fighting spirit going this week as they take on The Colon Brothers, who themselves have had difficulties with Cryme Time lately. Will the champs come out fighting once again?

DIBIASE NEARLY STUNG BY YANG!
We were all surprised to see the Million Dollar Champion, Ted DiBiase Jr at Backlash last night, but he turned up with a point to prove. It appeared that he had a problem with a comment JR made last Monday night, that being that he thought DiBiase was complacent in his victory over Hardcore Holly. It was a statement that DiBiase partly agreed with before referring to himself as the Tiger Woods of sports entertainment, and that even he has an off day. The son of the legendary Million Dollar Man opened another invitation for anyone to challenge him for the title given to him by his father, but it wasn’t long before he slipped back in to his complacent ways, only just surviving the debut of Jimmy Wang Yang thanks to a timely intervention from Maryse.

Is DiBiase’s arrogance getting in the way of his performances? If so, he needs to snap out of it, and quick!

HORNSWOGGLE HAUNTS SANTINO AGAIN!
Finlay and Hornswoggle once again got one over on Santino Marella as the fighting Irishman came out on top of their match last night, sure to leave the Italian in one of his not so happy moods. Only time will tell how this has affected him!

CONFIRMED FOR RAW THIS WEEK, BACK IN THE STATES!

Non Title Match
Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs The Colon Brothers

#1,028 ·
This show should be great coming off of Backlash. The Big Show angle is an exciting one. I've said for ages that the McMahon's need some more muscel and show is their man. It will be interesting to see whether or not you continue the Cena/Dykstra feud. I'm hoping so, as an eventual win over Cena would do wonders for Dykstra. Had to laugh at you throwing in the Hornswoggle/ Cena hype. All in all It looks as If you plan to continue all the major story lines for the foreseeable future. I just hope that you inject new angles also as you continue into the new WWE year.

#1,030 ·
Late Backlash Review: It may be late but thats not important.

Opening Package: The opening video package was great and it recapped all the feuds well. The only thing I really have to say about it is that I enjoyed it

Kofi v Rhodes: Plenty of good back and forth action in this match which made it enjoyable to read. I am not a huge Rhodes fan so I liked the fact that Kofi went over and I am guessing that the feud will continue until Kelly either lures Kofi into a trap or turns on Rhodes.

Orton/Bischoff segment: Nice way to hype up the WWE Championship match. Although Randy has Kane's belt I think Kane will be leaving with it at the end of the night.

Finlay v Santino: Pretty good action between these two with Finlay getting in more offense as is to be expected. Finlay winning via help from Hornswoggle may be starting to go stale but it worked here because Melina was trying to help Santino win so Horny got involved.

McMahon Men Segment: This was a good way to put the McMahon Men over and it showed that they are definitely confident for the unsanctioned match later on in the show.

Kendrick and London v Miz and Morrison: Great tag team action here between to very accomplished teams. It was good to see the Hooligans go over and due to the DQ victory Miz and Morrison keep there heat and it allows the feud to continue.

Rhodes/Kelly segment: Looks like Kelly is going to wind up leaving Rhodes so she can go to Kofi. Although the feud is seemingly over the IC belt it looks like Kelly is going to wind up being the actual prize.

DiBiase v Jimmy Wang Yang: The pre-match promo was well written and I think the fairly sophisticated language suits Ted's character well. The match it self was pretty entertaining with Wang Yang almost getting the win. It looks like Ted's storyline is going to be based around him not being as good as he thinks he is or just being too cocky.

Dykstra Interview: Good way to hype up the match and Kenny displayed himself as a good cocky heel. If Kenny is to pick up the victory in this match then it would be a huge push for him.

Candice v Kelly v Melina v Natalya: I kind of expected Kelly to pick up the surprise win here after being knocked down then yelled at by her boyfriend earlier in the night. This match had plenty of good action especially for a womens match and it was well worth the read. Cody apologised after the match and I am guessing for storyline purposes Kelly might reluctantly accept the apology while still showing affection for Kofi.

Evolution Segment: Nice segment with Evolution here, I was surprised when Reid came in and I am assuming he will get involved in the big match later on in the night.

Cena Segment: Another interview revolving around the Cena/Kenny feud which is a great way to hype the match. This was also a good way for Cena to get something back on Kenny who has been talking plenty of trash about him. Rob Van Dam's involvement in this interview seemed a bit weird, maybe he is the champion returning tonight.

Orton v Kane: The video package before the match was well written and a good way to cover everything that has gone down in the feud so far. Great match up here with plenty of exciting back and forth action. Kennedy being the decisive factor in the victory for Kane leads me to believe Kennedy will probably go into a feud with Orton which might lead to another big win Kennedy.

Bischoff and Regal segment: This segment more or less seemed like a way to hype up for Raw the next day and I think it served it's purpose.

Dykstra v Cena: Another great match here with more good back and forth action. There where times when I thought the youngster Dykstra would pick up the win and get a huge push but in the end Cena picking up the win seems like a smart choice. I think Dykstra needs a few more high profile feuds before he is ready to start picking up the big victories.

Side Note: King of the Ring is going to be great, I am considering doing one in my own thread.

Evolution v the McMahon's: Great way to end the show. This was a good match with plenty of back and forth action and plenty of good brawling. After RVD showing up earlier in the night I was surprised when Big Show made his return to help the McMahon's. I think this feud might continue but with Big Show playing a big role in helping the McMahon's while Triple H and evolution do their best to get revenge.

Overall: This was a great show which I really enjoyed reading, I can't wait to see what happens on Raw.

#1,031 ·
RAW Results – Monday 28th April 2008
Live From The Von Braun Civic Center
Huntsville , Alabama

***Video Recap***
From Backlash

• The finish to the Intercontinental Championship match with Cody Rhodes being whipped in to the ropes and knocking Kelly off the apron, leading to Kofi Kingston retaining
  • Cody & Kelly arguing in the back and Kelly walking out on an ultimatum from Cody
  • Kelly winning the number one contendership match with Natalya angry at Melina at the end
  • John Cena defeating Kenny Dykstra with an FU after a strong effort from the youngster
  • Mr. Kennedy storming the ring and hitting Randy Orton with The Mic Check, allowing Kane to retain the WWE Championship
  • The Big Show returning and destroying Evolution to allow The McMahon’s to win their non sanctioned match
***OPENING VIDEO***
“Wanna Be Loved”

***PYRO***
***PYRO***
***PYRO***

“Voices” blasts its way through the speakers inside the Von Braun Civic Center as a very serious looking Randy Orton makes his way down to the ring. The crowd boo him as he climbs up the steps and walks across to collect a microphone, dressed in jeans and a T-shirt. It looks like he’s ready to kill someone as he stands in the middle of the ring staring angrily in to the crowd before saying that he’s out here for one very simple reason, to address a miscarriage of justice that occurred at Backlash night, an act that is solely responsible for him standing out there without the WWE Championship. A big pop meets that statement, but Orton seems to ignore the crowd and says that the miscarriage of justice needs to be dealt with before he deals with the man responsible for depriving him the right of calling himself the WWE Champion once again. He then tells the thousands in attendance that it can however be put right if Eric Bischoff does the right for once and looks past his own ego to give him the fair rematch that he deserves, and that if Bischoff doesn’t act as he should, The Legend Killer won’t be responsible for his actions. He steps back and says that Bischoff needs to resolve this right here, right now. The crowd boo him, but after about five seconds, there’s no response and Orton snaps ever so slightly, saying that he means every word, he’ll walk back there and take action himself if need be, but just then, “Turn Up The Treble” hits to a big pop as Mr. Kennedy, the man who screwed Orton over at Backlash walks down to the ring with quite a grin on his face, infuriating Orton even more.

Kennedy has a microphone in his possession as he walks towards the centre of the ring, seeming to be enjoying the sight of Orton glaring at him. Kennedy tells him straight off that if he wanted clarification on his rematch with Kane, he had it last night and he doesn’t feel the need to tell him just what happened because they both know, and laughs as he says only one of them seems to be quite satisfied with the outcome. Orton just glares right at Kennedy, who asks him what’s wrong and if he’s right in thinking that he’s not a believer in the saying, ‘what goes around comes around’. Orton remains staring intently at Kennedy, who becomes a bit more serious and asks Orton if he really thought he was going to get away with what he did the night after Wrestlemania, and if he is really that naïve not to expect something along the lines of what happened last night. Kennedy then asks him if there’s anybody home as Orton just stares at him with evil intentions. Kennedy then says that it looks like he has to give him a reminder of just what he’s talking about, as the tron shows Orton storming down to the ring and kicking Kennedy in the head for no reason the night after Wrestlemania. Kennedy turns back and says unlike what Orton said of that incident, what happened last night was personal, it was personal since the moment Orton made the mistake of kicking him in the head and putting him on the shelf with a concussion in the process.

Orton starts showing more anger as Kennedy continues, saying that the concussion wasn’t as severe as Orton would like to think, but being the resourceful guy that he (Kennedy) is, he sat back and waited for the right time to get even and show Orton just why no one screws around with Mr. Kennedy. The crowd liked that one and cheer the Green Bay native, but he’s not done as he tells Orton that attacking Paul Bearer like he did on no less than two occasions was all well and good, but with him, it’s a different story, no one screws over Mr. Kennedy, even a selfish son of a bitch like Randy Orton. With Orton looking ready to explode, Kennedy tells him that he’s even now though, because seeing him miss out on the WWE title last night was more than enough satisfaction to make him a sleep like a baby, and that right now, it seems that he’s higher up the list for a shot at Kane since Orton blew his rematch. That sets Orton off and he yells at Kennedy, asking him how he figures that out, and that he is owed a fair rematch, a rematch that doesn’t involve a jealous waste of space like Kennedy who will never amount to anything ruining his chance of getting back what he never lost in the first place.

Kennedy becomes a bit more serious all of a sudden as Orton goes on to say that once he’s got his title match, the first thing he’s going to do is come looking for Kennedy, and that he’s gonna kick him in the head, only this time he’s going to make sure he ends the worthless career of Mr. Kennedy once and for all. He seems to be getting under Kennedy’s skin a bit and asks him whether he thinks anyone will actually remember, let alone miss him because at the end of the day, anyone can bleach their hair as badly as he has, stroll down to the ring and say their name twice. Orton shows signs of a smirk before saying that Kennedy’s career has amounted to nothing, and despite being older than The Legend Killer, he has nothing to show for it, so he can forget all about getting anywhere near the WWE Championship, because that spot is reserved for him (Orton). All of a sudden, “I’m Back” hits with Eric Bischoff walking out to the stage with a microphone in hand and he says that as much as he hates to say it, he tells Orton he told him so, saying that he knew this would happen, but it doesn’t mean that he’s happy with what happened at Backlash night.

He explains that a WWE Championship match under his due restriction was compromised beyond his control, leaving him with a difficult decision to make. He follows up to say that he is paid to make these decisions, and he has come to a solution that he sees as being more than reasonable for all concerned, including the devoted followers of Monday Night Raw. With some cheers breaking out, Bischoff says that over the next month or so, there is going to be a number one contendership tournament with the winner facing Kane for the WWE Championship at the King of the Ring, calling it a ‘Quest to Be Champion’. Orton doesn’t like the idea and asks how that can be considered a reasonable solution since he is owed a fair rematch, but Bischoff tells Orton he had his rematch and that he was partly responsible for how it turned it out. Orton shakes his head as Kennedy nods his, with Bischoff then saying that they’re both going to have their chance at retribution, because later on tonight, in a first round match in the Quest to Be Champion tournament, it is going to Randy Orton going one on one with Mr. Kennedy. A huge pop breaks out as Bischoff soaks it up while Orton & Kennedy stare at each other with “I’m Back” playing once again as Bischoff then turns round and walks to the back.

{Commercial Break}

***Video Recap***
Before The Break!

The viewers are reminded of what just went down with Eric Bischoff announcing there will be a tournament called the “Quest to Be King” with the winner facing Kane at the King of the Ring for the WWE Championship, and that later on tonight, Mr. Kennedy will face Randy Orton in a first round match.

{Cut To Ringside}

“La Vittoria é Mia”
hits as Santino Marella & Melina make their way down to the ring, with Santino looking fairly relaxed despite suffering defeat last night. Melina however doesn’t look in the best of moods as Santino borrows a microphone from Lilian Garcia and says that as they all just heard, there is now a Quest to Be King championship. He says that after he wins his match tonight, Eric Bischoff will be knocking his wall down to give him a qualifying match next week, and that with no little green dwarf to get in his way, he will be the next WWE Champion. He calmly passes the microphone back to Lilian and takes off his Italian shirt, awaiting his opponent with “Gonna Punch Someone Tonight” playing as a happy Jimmy Wang Yang walks down to the ring. JR reminds the fans at home that Yang made his Raw debut at Backlash last night, answering Ted DiBiase’s Jr open challenge, where he came close on several occasions to becoming the Million Dollar Champion.

***Match #1***

Jimmy Wang Yang vs Santino Marella w/Melina

ENDING:
Yang took Santino by surprise in the early going, but a distraction from Melina allowed Santino to get back in to it.

After a couple of submission holds, he stands back up and drags Yang up with him, then whips his opponent in to the ropes. But as Yang comes back off the ropes, Marella is left stunned by a jumping spinning leg lariat that sends him down to the mat. The crowd get behind Yang as both men struggle to their feet, and Yang is able to block a right hand from Santino, then whips him in to the corner. He follows him in straight away and connects with a spinning wheel kick, taking him on to the apron with Santino dropping face first to the mat. Just as Yang tries to climb the ropes, Melina walks round and tries to pull him down, but Natalya Neidhart walks down the ramp and drags her away. Melina is stunned as Natalya yells at her, leaving Yang to climb up to the top rope, but the distraction gave Santino the chance to recover. He stands up and climbs up to the second rope, but Yang simply pushes him down and turns to face the crowd. The Italian Stallion picks himself back up behind Yang, who then strikes, leaping off the top and hitting a MOONSAULT. . . . . he lands on Santino with the referee making the count 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . 3.

WINNER: Jimmy Wang Yang by pinfall @ 5.17.

AFTERMATH: “Gonna Punch Someone Tonight” plays with Yang standing up to get his arm raised by the referee as Natalya backs away with Melina looking angry, staring right her as Yang poses for the crowd on the second rope in the corner.

{Cut Backstage}

Leticia Cline is standing by and she introduces her guest, Kelly Kelly. The camera zooms out to reveal the wide smiling Kelly, and Leticia congratulates her on becoming the number one contender for the Women’s Championship after winning the fatal fourway match at Backlash last night, with Kelly then thanking her. Leticia then asks her if she has made a decision or has been told just when she would be challenging Victoria for the title. Kelly says that she was told earlier on that it’s going to be next week when a hand appears on her shoulder, with Cody Rhodes then walking in to the shot to stand by Kelly, who doesn’t look all that pleased to see him. Leticia looks confused and says that she was under the impression that they broke up last night, but Cody tells Leticia that Kelly had a rush of blood and walked out of an argument, that was all. He then moves on to say that Kelly did a great job last night, but even Kelly knows it’s going to be hard for her to even match Victoria next week. Leticia doesn’t seem to be impressed by Cody’s last comment, and the same goes for Kelly as Cody then says that the most important things they have to deal with right now are Kofi Kingston and the Intercontinental Championship.

He moves on to say that Kofi got lucky last night and that for weeks, he’s been trying to steal Kelly away from him, but he showed last night that he didn’t care about Kelly after he was responsible for her falling off the apron. Kelly cuts in, saying that’s not true and that he checked she was okay, but Cody tells her to shut up before saying that he’s not done with Kofi, not by a long shot, and that he has a great idea for him tonight. He then tells Kelly he’ll see her later and to make sure she stays away from Kofi, or they’ll have to have another serious talk. He looks at his upset girlfriend and says he’s got to go talk with someone and walks out of the shot. Kelly looks glum, and Leticia says that it might not be her place, but asks Kelly why she didn’t walk out on Cody last night if he treats her like that. She’s about to answer when the WWE Women’s Champion, Victoria walks up to them. With the title draped over her shoulder, she tells Kelly she watched her match last night and says that she was impressed. Kelly says thanks, but Victoria says as much as she likes Kelly, she’s not going to take her title off her. The champ then walks out of the shot as Kelly & Leticia watch her leave.

{Commercial Break}

***Video Promo***

{Cut Backstage}

Eric Bischoff & his Executive Assistant, William Regal are sat down on a leather sofa in their office with Regal telling Bischoff the Quest to be Champion idea was a stroke of genius. Bischoff says that it’s going to give people even more reason to make sure they don’t miss Raw, making it a must see for the next six weeks or so, starting tonight with Mr. Kennedy & Randy Orton going at it. He then tells Regal to imagine the possibilities, saying that next week he could make a match between Triple H & Batista or JBL & Vince McMahon, getting himself excited as a knock on the door interrupts him. He tells them to come in, and in comes Cody Rhodes. Eric stands up and asks Cody to let him guess, he stopped by to ask for a rematch with Kofi Kingston tonight for the Intercontinental Champion. Cody sn-iggers and says that’s not the case, but mentions that it does involve Kofi. Bischoff tells Cody to enlighten him as Regal pays attention to Cody saying that he heard about the Quest to be Champion tournament, but that it looks like they have forgot about the champion in all this.

Bischoff looks confused, but Cody asks him just what Kane is going to do while he waits for his challenger to be determined, then says that he has a proposal for tonight, a champion vs champion match with Kane, the WWE Champion taking on the Intercontinental Champion, Kofi Kingston. Regal stands up and asks Bischoff he can smell something, telling him that he’s sure he can smell an alternative motive. Bischoff grins and tells Cody he knows exactly what he’s up to, but he likes the idea of two champions going at it, and he’s going to make the match, not because he suggested it, but because it’s good business. Cody smiles as Bischoff then asks Regal if he minds going to inform Kofi of the decision, but Cody puts his hand on Regal’s shoulder and tells him he’d like the chance to do it himself. Bischoff says that’s okay, allowing the extremely satisfied Cody to leave the room. The Head of Authority says that’s another great reason to watch Raw tonight, champion vs champion, saying this is going to be a great night as the camera zooms in on him smiling widely before cutting away.

{Cut To Ringside}

“Priceless”
hits to heat inside the arena as Ted DiBiase Jr & “The Million Dollar Woman” Maryse stroll down to the ring, looking quite content. The Million Dollar Champion collects a microphone once inside the ring and says that over the last week, it seems he’s gained a substantial amount of critics who believe that he is becoming over confident, complacent, arrogant and disrespectful to his opponents. He stops and smirks for a second before saying that the one thing that matters and speaks volumes is that despite all the allegations being thrown his way is that he still remains undefeated, and the Million Dollar Champion. That doesn’t go down well with the fans, but he doesn’t care and says that he doesn’t take any notice of criticism, and that the only critic he has is himself. He then says that just like he’s done every time he’s set foot in this ring, he’s going to beat whoever it is who decides to accept an open challenge for the most prestigious title in WWE history. He turns to the tron and says that he knows it’s a lost cause, but he needs someone to walk all over to prove that he is the definition of unlimited potential. He hands the microphone back and waits for someone to make their way down, and after a couple of seconds, “Lambeg” plays to a pop from the crowd as the serious looking Finlay, accompanied by Hornswoggle, walks down the ramp, taking DiBiase & Maryse off guard as they look surprised in the ring.

***Match #2***

Million Dollar Championship
Finlay w/Hornswoggle vs Ted DiBiase Jr (c) w/“The Million Dollar Woman” Maryse

ENDING:
DiBiase has been on the back foot with Finlay being very aggressive.

The Irishman pounds DiBiase in the corner with hard kicks to the chest, and he then drags him out to level him with a European uppercut that sends him falling to the mat. The dazed champion slowly makes his way back up with Maryse looking concerned on the outside. Finlay reaches down to drag him back up, but DiBiase shows some fight and throws a right in to Finlay’s chest, then another before pulling himself back up and kicking him in the stomach. He then grabs Finlay by the head and drags it under his arm, then lifts him up and connects with a vertical suplex before going for a cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . DiBiase sits back up, looking a little disappointed, but not all that surprised that Finlay kicked out. The champ then makes his way back up to his feet with Finlay also making an attempt to stand back up, and DiBiase Jr shifts behind his opponent, stalking him for the Million Dollar Dream.

The fans boo as unwittingly, Finlay stands back up, but as DiBiase grabs him across the neck, Finlay spins round straight away and rolls him in to an INSIDE CRADLE. . . . . 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . DiBiase kicks out to the relief of Maryse on the outside, and as both men get back up, Finlay ducks a right hand and takes DiBiase down as he turns round in to a snap mare with Finlay following up with a low dropkick to the face. The challenger rushes as he scurries across and goes for a cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . DiBiase just gets his shoulder up, and Maryse panics on the outside as she goes to collect the Million Dollar title belt as Finlay stands up. She then slides it in to DiBiase as he turns on to his side, grabbing hold of the belt. Both Finlay and the referee are unaware of it, and as Finlay then bends down to pick him up, DIBIASE SITS UP AND NAILS HIM ACROSS THE HEAD WITH THE BELT. . . . . The ref has no choice but to DQ him and calls for the bell.

WINNER: Finlay by DQ @ 6.53.

AFTERMATH: “Lambeg” plays with DiBiase slipping out of the ring with his belt in hand, and Maryse walks round to meet him as Hornswoggle slides in the ring and kneels down over Finlay with DiBiase showing no remorse whatsoever as he backs up the ramp.

***Video Promo***

{Commercial Break}

***Video Promo***

{Cut Backstage}

A smug looking Cody Rhodes walks down the hall and stops to face a door, then smiles even more as he grabs hold of the handle and walks right in. We see the Intercontinental Champion, Kofi Kingston sit up, looking agitated at Cody’s presence. He asks Cody what the hell he’s doing there, but Cody is calmness personified as he tells Kofi to chill out because he’s not there to cause trouble, he’s there to inform him about the opportunity of a lifetime. Kofi is curious and asks him what he’s talking about. Cody says he’s going to like it because he scored him a chance to make a real name for himself as something other than a stalker and an untrustworthy friend. Kofi stares at Cody, who grins right at the IC Champ and tells him that later on he’s going to be taking part in the biggest match of his life, a chance to take on the WWE Champion, Kane. Kofi smiles, taking Cody by surprise, and he tells Kofi that it’s nothing to be happy about, because once Kane’s done with him, he’ll be there to pick up the pieces and take the Intercontinental Championship away from him like he should have last night. Kofi’s smile goes and he stares at Cody, who then tells Kofi that he’ll be taking the title from him, and that there’s not going to be a consolation prize either he’s not going to let Kofi take Kelly away from him. Kofi’s not so chilled anymore as Cody sn-iggers right in front of him before turning around and leaving an angered Kofi.

{Cut Backstage}

Ted DiBiase Jr & Maryse
are shown with towels wrapped around them as they walk out towards the shower room when they heat a door shut behind them. They turn round, and Ted looks stunned. The camera then zooms out to reveal the sight of his father, Ted DiBiase Sr standing there. He says “hey son” and tells him to take a seat, which he does, looking confused by his father’s presence, as does Maryse. Ted Jr sits down on the bench with his dad sitting down next to him, and he tells his son that he has something important he needs to discuss with him. Still confused, Ted Jr says “okay” as his father tells him that he heard what he said earlier on about people referring to him in regard to being complacent and arrogant, and then says that as a father, he has to tell them that those critics are right. He goes on to tell his son that it’s evident he’s let things get to his head very early in his Raw career, and that if he wants to be the star that they both think he can, he has to match the confidence he has with the effort and determination to succeed, otherwise there’s only way his career is going to do, and that’s downhill, and fast.

Ted Jr looks to have taken it on board as his dad tells him he had to tell him for his own good because he knows that he has the talent to be a big star, but he needs to be hear the truth if he wants to become one of the best the business has ever seen. The Million Dollar Champion then tells his dad that he’s right, he has got carried away with himself, and promises that he’ll take things more seriously from now on. Ted Sr looks pleased and says that’s all he wanted to hear and stands up, as does his son, leading to them hugging for a couple of seconds as a pleased Maryse looks on. Ted Sr then wishes his son luck and says his goodbyes to Maryse before leaving the room. Ted Jr shakes his head and tells Maryse that he can’t believe his dad is jealous of him too like all the critics, calling him pathetic. Maryse smiles and tells him to take no notice, saying he’s doing fine without everyone sticking their nose in. He grins and tells her she really is perfect, and that they should go have that shower she promised him. Maryse then says that her dad did have one point, and DiBiase asks what that was. She tells him that he better put the effort and determination in with her, or he’s getting nothing back. He smiles and tells her she always gets the best out of him as they turn and walk towards the shower room.

{Cut To Ringside}

***Match #3***

Non Title Match
Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs The Colon Brothers w/Eric Perez

ENDING:
London makes his way back up to his feet with Carlito ready to pounce, and he does just that, running back in to the ropes and connecting with a SPRINGBOARD BACK ELBOW DROP. . . . . Carlito adjusts his position on the mat and scurries across the mat to go for a cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . London kicks out, and doesn’t go down too well with Carlito as he stands back up and urges one half of the champions to do the same, and as London gets up, Carlito shifts behind him and goes for THE BACK STABBER. . . . . But no! London steps forward as soon as Carlito grabs him, and as he turns round, he throws a right hand at him, sending Carlito back a couple of paces. He then grabs him by the wrist and whips Carlito in to the ropes, and as he comes back, THEY BOTH COLLIDE WITH A DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE. . . . . Both men come round quite quickly and start to crawl across to their respective corners with London making the tag to Kendrick and Carlito tagging Eddie.

Both Kendrick & Eddie race in to the ring, and Kendrick reacts first as he nails him with a DROPSAULT. . . . . Eddie falls to the mat, but to his credit, he hurries back up, but in to another dropsault as Kendrick goes for the cover this time 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . NO! Carlito breaks it up by pulling Kendrick off of Eddie by his feet. Kendrick gets back up and shoves Carlito, who pushes him back in to the direction of Eddie, who sits up and rolls Kendrick up 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . KICK OUT! Kendrick is right back up, followed by the slower to react Eddie. The referee tries to get Carlito out of the ring, and with his back turned, London steps back in and goes towards Eddie, looking to hit a SUPER KICK. . . . . But Eddie ducks and London nails his own partner. Carlito runs at London and clotheslines him down to the mat as Eddie frantically covers Kendrick 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . 3.

WINNERS: The Colon Brothers by pinfall @ 8.40.

AFTERMATH: “Cool” hits to heat from the crowd with London getting back up and looking shell shocked as The Colon’s make a sharp exit with Perez, raising their arms at the bottom of the ramp before walking to the back as Kendrick sits up, looking confused. “Cool” is cut off as “Ain’t No Make Believe” hits instead with John Morrison & The Miz walking out to the stage with microphones in hand. Kendrick stands up, not looking happy as London turns to face them as Morrison says that he would like to offer his congratulations on their performance tonight, and says that it seems to be going against the habit that they’ve been getting lucky as much as they have been doing lately. He tells them to take last night for example, and that the only reason they survived was because they pulled a rabbit out of the hat yet again, but says that won’t keep happening for much longer as proved moments ago.

He then asks The Miz if he wants to inform them of their red hot news, and he does just that, saying that it’s hot off the press. He tells them that next week, there’s going to be a rematch for the World Tag Team titles with the incredibly lucky champions, or unlucky as it was tonight, defending against the soon to be champions, the tag team of the century, John Morrison & The Miz. Boos ring out for the cocky duo with The Miz then saying that after what they saw, next week’s going to be a piece of cake because unlike them, there is no weak link and tells Kendrick he might want to fight alone to make sure he doesn’t have to clean up the mess his partner left him. He and Morrison laugh as Kendrick & London stare right back at them as “Ain’t No Make Believe” hits again with Morrison & Miz laughing while Kendrick turns back momentarily, looking at a guilty London before turning back round again to face the arrogant challengers.

{Commercial Break}

The Colon Brothers are walking through the back with Eric Perez, and as they stop at their locker room door, Carlito walks in, and we hear a yell of “what the?”. Before the door can slam, Carlito walks back out with Eddie & Perez asking him what’s wrong. He tells them that their clothes are gone, and Eddie looks shocked, asking Carlito if he’s kidding. He tells Eddie he knows he wouldn’t joke about that as a production worker walks towards them with Carlito stepping out in front of him. He asks him if he knows anything about their clothes going missing, and the worker tells him there’ something going on outside that might have something to do with it. Carlito, Eddie & Perez all look confused and walk towards the door to the exit, leaving the worker to go on his merry way. They open the door and see Cryme Time on the street, and they seem to be selling a shirt with palm trees on it.

All three look furious and march on out to Shad & JTG. Eddie pushes some fans out of the way who hand over their cash in exchange for some trendy looking jeans and shoes with Carlito then realising they’re his, and he tries to grab them, but Shad holds him back, allowing the fans to get away. He tells Carlito to cool it, but he asks Shad why he should when he’s sold his clothes. Shad sarcastically says that it was quite cold, just like it is right now, and JTG tells them him he might wanna wrap up. He and Shad laugh as they count the money and head back inside, saying it’s all about the money, money with a “yeah, yeah” added in, to the anger of The Colon’s & Perez. Carlito turns to Perez and tells him he’s going to have to give up some clothes, but he just stares down at Carlito while Eddie says he can’t stay out there any longer and walks back towards the arena, followed by Carlito & Perez.

***Video Promo***

{Cut To Ringside}

“No Chance in Hell”
plays as Vince McMahon and his two sons, Shane McMahon & JBL stroll down the ramp dressed in suits. They’re all smiling to their heart’s content as they calmly climb through the ropes and in to the ring with Vince walking over to collect a microphone. He walks back in to the centre, standing in between both his sons and saying “good evening”, drawing a ton of heat straight away, but he loves it. He said last night marked the dawn of a new era for Evolution, Raw and sports entertainment as we know it, and that as much as he and his family would like to all the credit, it’s not possible. With the boos ringing out around the arena, Vince goes on to say that they proved they meant business last night by reaching out to the biggest, most feared superstar walking the planet to strike down Evolution, and he would like everyone to stand up and give this man the respect he deserves, introducing The Big Show. “Crank It Up” blasts out as the seven foot giant walks out to the stage in an expensive looking custom fitted suit with an equally large smile across his face before walking down to the ring, with The McMahon’s applauding his arrival. The fans aren’t as pleased to see him as Vince shakes his hand, followed by Shane & JBL also greeting him as Vince then says that they are looking at the four men that last night, together destroyed Evolution so severely that they are unable to be here tonight.

A wry smile shows Vince’s satisfaction as he then jokes that Evolution are probably arguing as they lie side to side in their hospital beds watching this right now on their small television, completely powerless. JBL asks for the microphone and he says that he’s only been part of this family for a matter of months, but defeating and hospitalising Evolution was as satisfying as the moment he became the WWE Champion, if not greater for the retribution they received after Triple H deliberately set out to toy with the emotions of his father. He then sends a message to Triple H and says that last night was a statement, a clear message for them to acknowledge the obvious. That is that you should never cross Vincent Kennedy McMahon and his devoted children, not like Stephanie who is too selfish to want it all, but together, he, Shane and their father will stop at nothing to ensure they are seen across the world as the most dominant force in wrestling, and that along with The Big Show, they are completely unstoppable. Shane is then passed the microphone and he says that last night can be called lots of different things, a statement of intent, an example, but whatever word they choose, it goes to show one simple point, if you’re going to get in their way, you’re going to get hurt at the very least. Vince smiles as The Big Show claps and pats Shane on the back with Shane O then giving the microphone back to Vince, who says that tonight is only the start of this new dawn, this new era of The Corporation. They all then grabs hands and raise them in to the air as “No Chance in Hell” hits to a ton of heat with all four men laughing away as they then leave the ring.

***Video Promo***

{Commercial Break}

The Corporation
are happily walking through the hallway, laughing and joking as William Regal runs up to them, looking out of breath. They all look shocked to see him, and Vince asks him what he wants, saying they’re on their way to the most expensive restaurant in town to celebrate. Regal says that he’s sorry to interrupt but he has an urgent message for them from Mr. Bischoff. That gets JBL, Show & Shane’s attention, and they listen as Vince tells Regal to spit out, which he does. He tells them that they’ve probably heard about the Quest to be Champion tournament, and they all say they have, with Regal then saying that Mr. Bischoff has made a first round match for next week with The Big Show facing Triple H. Vince asks if that’s all, and tells Regal that’s great, but Regal says there’s more, letting them know that Bischoff has barred them all from ringside. Shane, light heartedly says that he can’t do that, but Regal tells him to take it up with Bischoff if they have a problem. They all look at each other as Regal walks away, and Show says that taking Triple H apart will be a pleasure, and that there is nothing to worry about. Vince says that’s right as part A of their plan is complete, but it looks like they might have to bring forward part B. JBL chuckles, as does Shane with Show asking Vince what exactly part B is. Vince grins and tells him they’ll fill him in at the restaurant. All four of them then laugh as they carry on walking up the hall.

{Cut To Ringside}

***Match #4***

Champion vs Champion
Non Title Match
Kofi Kingston vs Kane w/Paul Bearer

ENDING:
Kofi has put up one hell of a fight, kicking out and taking some real punishment from Kane.

Kane reaches down and grabs the Intercontinental Champion back up to his feet and whips him hard in to the corner. The WWE Champion takes his time before running at him, but Kofi steps out of the corner and to the side as Kane runs chest first in to the pads. Kofi then walks away from the corner and closer to the centre as Kane turns round and runs at him, but Kofi takes him down to the mat with a drop toe hold. Kane turns on to his back as Kofi turns back in to the ropes, comes back and connects with a DOUBLE LEG DROP TO THE CHEST. . . . . The resilient Intercontinental Champion acts quickly and hooks the leg for a cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . Kane powers out with authority, pushing Kofi off of him. Both men make their way back up, and Kane goes for an uppercut thrust, only for Kofi to duck it and kick away at Kane’s legs. He turns back and runs in to the ropes, but as he comes back, Kane grabs him around the throat, looking for a CHOKESLAM. . . . . Kofi is lifted in to the air, but before Kane can slam him, Kofi jumps back down to the mat and dropkicks him in the gut, bringing Kane to his knees. The Jamaican Sensation then hits a SHINING WIZARD. . . . .

Kane looks in trouble as he falls to the side, and once again, Kofi looks to wrap it by hooking both legs 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . NO! . . . . . Kane is fighting all the way too and sits up as Kofi pulls himself back up to his knees. Again both men hurry to their feet, and Kofi kicks him in the chest, but as he tries again, Kane grabs his foot, spins him round and nails him with a FALLING CLOTHESLINE. . . . . It looks like the wind has been well and truly blown out of Kofi’s sails. Kane stands back up and drags Kofi up with him, whipping him in to the ropes, but as Kofi comes back, he slides through Kane’s legs, runs through, racing in to the ropes. Kane turns round and sees Kofi rushing right at him, but he drives his huge boot down Kofi’s throat. He reaches down straight away to drag him back up and CHOKESLAMS HIM RIGHT BACK DOWN TO THE MAT. . . . . Kofi looks out of it now as Kane brings his arm across neck, signalling the end as he bends down and pulls Kofi up, scooping him on to his shoulder and driving him head first down to the mat with a TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER. . . . . Kane crosses Kofi’s arms as the referee makes the count 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . 3.

WINNER: Kane by pinfall @ 10.47.

AFTERMATH: “Burned” blasts out with Kane rising to his feet once again to set his pyro off. Bearer climbs in to the ring with the WWE Championship, and smiles at the work done by his son before passing him the title belt as JR gives Kofi credit for putting up one hell of a fight against the WWE Champion and that the no good Cody Rhodes will have a smile on his face wherever he’s watching this.

{Cut Backstage}

Todd Grisham is standing by and introduces his guest, Kenny Dykstra. The arrogant youngster walks in to the shot, not looking too happy after his defeat to John Cena last night. Grisham mentions that we all saw him give Cena a run for his money at Backlash, but says it wasn’t enough and asks Kenny if he feels he’s learnt anything from being in the ring with such a big name as Cena. Dykstra shakes his head and says that he learnt one thing, and that is that Cena’s a coward. Todd looks shocked and asks him what he means by that, and Dykstra tells him that it was pretty clear to everyone last night that he pushed Cena all the way and that deep down, Cena knew he was lucky, and that’s why Cena’s decided to take some time off to go shoot another movie, because he knew that the next time they met in the ring, he wasn’t going to beat Kenny Dykstra. He carries on his rant too, saying that Cena knew he’d be coming back for more, and that’s why he’s doing this film, to hide from someone who has firmly got his number. Grisham says he doubts that’s the case, and that sets Dykstra off again as he cuts him off and says that there’s no doubt about it.

He then says that the facts are there, Cena was in trouble last night, he knew it and he decided to run before the inevitable happened and he was embarrassed by someone who made him fight more than anyone before him. He then calms down before saying that there is actually one good thing to come out of all this, another selfish and undeserving individual in Rey Mysterio is coming back next week, and sarcastically says that they can all look forward to that. Todd looks surprised at Kenny’s comments and asks him why he doesn’t like Rey Mysterio, and the youngster says that he could tell him, but he could also tell Rey to his face just what he thinks of him, and when he’s done with that, he can put him back on the shelf quicker that Cena took his ball and ran all the way home. He looks Todd right in the eyes and says that one thing Rey is going to have to realise is that Raw is a different place now that he’s here, and he’s going to make sure Rey is more than aware of that when he shows up next week. He stares intensely at Todd for several seconds before turning round and walking out of the shot, leaving Grisham a little taken back.

***Video Promo***

{Commercial Break}

***Video Promo***

Clips of classic King of the Ring moments are shown, such as Bret Hart winning the first tournament in 1993, followed by Owen Hart in ’94 and being crowned. It then shows Stonecold Steve Austin’s famous 3:16 quote from 1996, Triple H winning a year later and Kurt Angle’s victory in 2000, and ending with Edge’s in 2001.

Voiceover: For years, there have been only memories. . . For years, we have seen superstars grow in front of our eyes. . . Many of these moments stem from one glorious night. . . The King of the Ring. . . However, once again, this special night will create memories, champions and hall of famers. . . The King of the Ring returns to the WWE calendar very soon.

{Cut To Ringside}

***The Main Event***

Quest To Be Champion First Round Match
Mr. Kennedy vs Randy Orton

ENDING:
A very even match with Orton letting frustration get the better of him at times, allowing Kennedy to get in to it.

Kennedy looks to take charge, stomping across the back of Orton. He then takes a couple of steps back before running back at him and driving his boot in to the ribcage of the former WWE Champion, who winces in pain. Kennedy drops to his knees and turns him over, going for the cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . NO! . . . . . Orton turns on to his side straight away, holding his ribcage, but Kennedy isn’t giving him a breather as he stands back up and stamps his foot down on to the sore side of Orton before dragging him back up and whipping him hard in to the corner. Orton’s back hit the pads, and he stays there as Kennedy then runs in at him, looking for a little FACEWASH. . . . . But Orton steps to the side with Kennedy running in to the pads, and The Legend Killer reacts quickly to level his opponent with a SIDE INVERTED BACK BREAKER. . . . . Both drop to the mat, but after a couple of seconds, the sore looking Orton hooks the leg for a cover attempt 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . Kennedy gets his shoulder up, but Orton sits him up and applies a wrenching chin lock, squeezing tightly as the fans try and get Kennedy in to it, clapping their hands.

It seems to work as Kennedy makes his way up to his knees and is able to lift Orton on to his side and send him down with a side suplex. A pop meets that, and both men slowly make their way back up to their feet. It’s Orton who throws the first punch, and the second, putting Kennedy on the back foot before levelling him with a European uppercut. It knocks Kennedy off balance, and Orton grabs him by the arm, then whips him in to the ropes, nailing him as he comes back with a standing dropkick. Kennedy falls in a heap as Orton then hooks both legs for the cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . NO! . . . . . Kennedy kicks out, and Orton doesn’t look best pleased as he stands back up, but as Kennedy slowly sits up, Orton drops to his knees and flat to the mat, stalking Kennedy for the RKO. . . . . With the crowd trying to warn him as he gets up, Kennedy stands back up and turns round to face Orton leaping up in to the air, but Kennedy pushes him back in to the ropes. As Orton bounces back, Kennedy kicks him in the stomach and pulls him in to position for THE MIC CHECK. . . . . Orton quickly spins round the back of Kennedy and plants him with an OVERDRIVE. . . . . That could be it, and Orton tries for another cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . KICK OUT! . . . . .

Orton sits up in disbelief as Kennedy gets his shoulder up, but as Kennedy starts to squirm, Orton gets a disturbing look in his eye and he backs up to the corner, ready to strike as Kennedy slowly starts to sit up. With Kennedy lifting himself off the mat ever so slightly, Orton races at him, looking to PUNT HIM IN THE HEAD. . . . . BUT NO. . . . . Kennedy pulls his head back with Orton running forward in to the corner pads, and as he turns round, Kennedy pulls himself up and nails him with a SPIKE DDT. . . . . Orton’s head bounces off the mat as he hits the deck, right by the ropes, and he rolls to the outside as Kennedy also remains on the mat, feeling the effects of the match. As both men start to come round, Orton crawls across from in front of the announce table to grab a steel chair from by Lilian Garcia. The crowd boo as he enters the ring with the chair in hand, but Kennedy sits back up and shoves him away, towards the centre of the ring with the referee failing to get the chair off of Orton. As Kennedy then stands back up, Orton races at him with the chair still in hand, and DRIVES IT AT KENNEDY’S HEAD. . . . . BUT KENNEDY DUCKS, AND THE CHAIR REBOUNDS OFF THE ROPES AND IN TO ORTON’S HEAD. . . . . Orton loses his grip on the chair as he staggers round in to Kennedy and a MIC CHECK. . . . . A massive pop breaks out as Kennedy turns himself over and goes for the cover 1 . . . . . 2 . . . . . 3.

WINNER: Mr. Kennedy by pinfall @ 13.37.

AFTERMATH: “Turn up the Treble” blasts out to a massive pop with Mr. Kennedy standing back up and getting his arm raised by the referee as Randy Orton lies motionless on the mat to the delight of Kennedy. He looks down and laughs before leaving the ring to walk up the ramp, turning back to see The Legend Killer starting to stir, causing Kennedy to smile even more as he backs up the ramp with the show coming to a close.

{End of Show}

QUICK RESULTS

Jimmy Wang Yang df. Santino Marella
Finlay df. Ted DiBiase Jr
The Colon Brothers df. Paul London & Brian Kendrick
Kane df. Kofi Kingston
Mr. Kennedy df. Randy Orton

CONFIRMED FOR NEXT WEEK

Quest To Be Champion – First Round Match
Triple H vs The Big Show

World Tag Team Championship

WWE Womens Championship
Victoria (c) vs Kelly Kelly

#1,033 ·
1st time reviewing here for me. This was a very good RAW for being the fallout from Backlash.

Wolf Tiger's RAW Review

The Orton/Kennedy segement was really a great way for the show to start off. Have the two hot heads go at it. The Quest to be Champ Torny for a title match against Kane should be good and with Orton/Kennedy being the 1st match it should be even better.

Jimmy Wang Yang/Santino was a good 1st contest. I could see this two going at it in a Intercontenital # 1 Contender's match later on. Hope that maybe a intergender match could follow next week with Yang and Natalya vs. Santino and Melina, that could be a good match.

Millon Dollar Title Match was very good. The ending left things open for more between the two. Another match or a long term fued. This could go somewhere.

Tag Match was very good. Two teams who really are the tag divison on RAW. With the Colon Bros winning I dont see Kendrick and London getting a title shot. Hope some team comes out of nowhere and shakes that divison up.

Kane vs Kofi was a great match. Good way to plug the champ and get him some good comeptition. Really helped Kofi prove himself by hanging in there with Kane. Kane is a powerhouse and I really dont see him losing the title at KOTR.

Orton and Kennedy was my favorite match of the night. Two people deserving of a title run but only 1 can win. I like that you let Kennedy move on. I can see Orton screw him later and the two have some sort of Hardcore match at KOTR. That is what I'm predicting.

Overall I liked the show. It had its good points. Those were Orton/Kennedy and Kane/Kofi. For the 1st show back from a PPV, it set up many more things for next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.