Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE: A Strong Response

View Single Post

Old 12-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #926 (permalink)
Nige™
Team GB

Nige™ Nige™ Nige™ Nige™ Nige™ Nige™ Nige™ Nige™ Nige™ Nige™ Nige™
Default Re: WWE: A Strong Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc2004 View Post
This was good by any standards, but it wasn’t as good as some of the more recent editions of SD.
I totally agree mate. There's a whole lot of new things brewing and i was 50/50 with some decisions, then went the wrong way with a couple of things. Looking back, there was nothing that sticks out as being drastically bad, but i agree completely.

You pointed out the Edge injury too, and there's a reason for that as well as Jericho & Umaga amongst others being out, plus several guys from Raw. You'll find out why in some news tidbits that will be posted in the next few days or sooner.

Quote:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but did you drastically change up your layout. It’s just normally your shows are so well balanced, but this show seems quite the opposite with matches running together and promo’s running together.
Yep, it was more of i had to fit them in where they were because some promos were setting up matches, and they couldn't go right before them. That's why there were promos and matches back to back throughout.

Quote:
I wish you’d get rid of Linda, she’s just killing the show for me if I’m honest about it she ruined to promos tonight!
You mean two yeah?! I changed that typo i did, shocking! I'm ashamed, but it was a typo and they happen. As for Linda, i agree, but with the McMahon's on Raw, she has to be the interim authority figure. It's not going to last much longer Sean, don't worry.

Quote:
The matches were strong, but the main event was booked to late in the show.
I was looking to make the Matt/Punk feud seem more important by doing it a little differently with Matt calling out Punk after waiting all night for him, so that's why that happened. In hindsight, i could have done a little earlier for sure.

Quote:
I didn’t get why the Masters of the Mat got jobbed out to HBK and Michael Shane.
This was the real 50/50 decision i went back and forth on. Because it's the World & Cruiserweight Champions against them, i didn't think it would be too damaging. I thought about a DQ, but the one in the main event was important and had to happen. I couldn't have two DQ's back to back, and 2 from 5 matches. I would have been criticised for doing that, but either way, i was going to get some fair criticism.
Nige™ is offline   Reply With Quote