Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Help Thread

View Single Post

Old 12-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #3070 (permalink)
vivalabrave
Little Poppa Pump

vivalabrave has made a name for themselvesvivalabrave has made a name for themselvesvivalabrave has made a name for themselvesvivalabrave has made a name for themselvesvivalabrave has made a name for themselvesvivalabrave has made a name for themselvesvivalabrave has made a name for themselvesvivalabrave has made a name for themselvesvivalabrave has made a name for themselvesvivalabrave has made a name for themselvesvivalabrave has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Help Thread

ROH to run angle based on The Wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWInsider
It looks like Ring of Honor will be running an angle related to the film, The Wrestler, with Jerry Lynn as the centerpiece. Recent video wires have shown ROH Champion Nigel McGuinness verbally assaulting Lynn after a match the two had, which led to Lynn attacking McGuinness. Lynn then cut a promo on McGuinness, saying that he was wrong and was discussing a business that didn't exist anymore. The climax of the film The Wrestler was filmed at an ROH event, and in a recent ROH newswire, they reported the following: "Jerry Lynn was in attendance at a private ROH screening recently, and said to be very emotional about his career and its similarities to the career of Rourke's Randy 'the Ram' Robinson." The plan looks to be to book Lynn as the underdog veteran, who doubts himself, but wants one more shot at glory.
Kind of had a feeling this was where they were going. I like Lynn (even though I'll admit I've seen none of his return matches), so I'm interested in where this goes.