Wrestling Forum banner

Indy DVD Discussion Thread

138K views 1K replies 78 participants last post by  The Boss of PW 
#1 ·
#971 ·
This tweet blew my mind. Obviously when these shows are happening and what they're going up against has a lot to do with it, but Joey Janela's Spring Break outselling every other EVOLVE/WWN show by a large margin is crazy. Kinda helps that it's happening at midnight when everything is over... but still. :p

#1,019 ·
Its not crazy at all. I think its completely understandable. They totally stole the weekend last year and word got around. People wanted to go see the event that was offering something different and something memorable in form of a good wild card show. Very smart theme and use of imagination with lots of hype created the "show you cant miss". They put up a huge effort for JJSB 2 in marketing and preparations and i´m very happy that it was more popular than many of the boring cookie cutter shows that all used the exact same guys. Evolve is so dry as a product.

#975 ·
Is WXW worth subscribing to? I hear great things about their 16 Carat tournament but I've never watched one. Contemplating subscribing so I can watch this years if it was any good? Also if it is, and the subscription is worth it, is there anything from 2017 worth catching up on while I am at it?

#980 ·
The randomness about Wrestlemania weekend is a great thing. I love some of ridiculous combos that companies come up with. This year looks like it's going to be one of the stronger years too. Gabe's guys are good and he has some imports coming in and booked everyone in good matches. And the New Japan talent is adding a lot of flavor to the weekend as well. It's just a shame that the New Japan talent is pretty much be blocked off from wrestling the Lucha Underground guys. But other than that it should be a really interesting weekend.

On a different note I listened to the most recent Art of Wrestling podcast. Colt is still doing new intros with older interviews while he works out his new format (that I think he said starts next week or the week after). This week was 3 clips of older interviews and it was fascinating. It starts with Pac being afraid to branch out to try to get into WWE because he has a good gig in Dragon Gate and is afraid to leave. Fast forward and the guy fucking quit WWE and wasn't afraid to do that. Then you get Ciampa talking about how he tried to commit suicide after being released from WWE developmental. And now he's about to be in the biggest match in a long time in NXT at Wrestlemania weekend. And he very well could have the best match of the entire weekend. And then it finished with Kevin Steen talking about how he was considering quitting wrestling and getting a real job to give his family a better life.

#984 ·
On

Daichi Hashimoto (they do mean Daichi BTW) and Hideyoshi Kamitani! Awesome stuff. The tag league looks amazing so far. :mark

Edit:

The tweet clarifying that it's Daichi not Kazuaki.

#988 ·

EVOLVE Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. © vs. Matt Riddle
Daisuke Sekimoto & Munenori Sawa vs. Timothy Thatcher & WALTER
AR Fox vs. Will Ospreay
Austin Theory vs. DJZ
Keith Lee vs. Darby Allin
Scramble Match – EVOLVE Tag Team Championship: Chris Dickinson & Jaka vs. The End vs. James Drake & Anthony Henry vs. Tracy Williams & Dominic Garrini

Evolve 102 Tomorrow :mark :mark :mark This is probably the best card of the entire week

#989 ·
^ Definitely don't think it's the best looking card of the week(end) but it does look great and I'm shockingly off of work tomorrow. I have like an $18 credit on the FITE app so I'm thinking about getting the show and watching it live tomorrow. It'll be one less thing I have to watch in the future cause after this weekend it's gonna be fucking ridiculous with the amount of wrestling out there. :lol

Riddle/Sabre, Lee/Darby, and the Ringkampf tag looking (Y)(Y) though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.