Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Gaming Discussion

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #225 (permalink)
Hardyholic
ROH here I come!

Hardyholic is getting a pushHardyholic is getting a pushHardyholic is getting a pushHardyholic is getting a pushHardyholic is getting a pushHardyholic is getting a pushHardyholic is getting a pushHardyholic is getting a pushHardyholic is getting a pushHardyholic is getting a pushHardyholic is getting a push
Default Re: The Retro Club

Ok, so i'm not going to get any further with this game. Only got the one goal:

The game was fun but nothing amazing. The first thing that struck me was how badly the story was explained (either that or I just wasnt paying attention when It was) and the 'cutscenes' are pretty awfull (2 lines of text between levels isnt really enough to further the story). That being said, the plot may have been told in the manual.
The graphics were decent, as where the monster designs. What was neat was how the monsters show damage before they die, and some of the gore with the weapons such as head-popping was satisfying.
The gameplay was pretty much what you would expect from a beat em up. One button does the attacks, another jump and combine the two in different ways to do different attacks, simple enough. Although one bad thing that this game retains from beat em ups is frustrating bosses. The bosses are well designed, though why the designers made the second boss a penis with legs is beyond me. It even shoots sperm like things at you.
I'm not a huge fan of beat em ups but this game definitely offers the fun, pick up and play aspect common within the genre that makes it worthwhile playing.