3. Ethan Page vs Dominic Garrini ***
4. Team Justice vs No Consequences ***
5. Louis Lyndon vs ****** Loco ***
6. "Filthy" Tom Lawlor vs Tracy Williams ***1/2
7. Jimmy Jacobs vs Colt Cababa ***
8. To Infinity and Beyond (c) vs Young Studs vs Jollyville Fuck Its **1/2
9. Jody Fleisch vs Matt Cross vs Laredo Kid vs DJZ ****
10. Street Fight: Nick Gage vs Tim Donst (c) ****

This is a really fun watch and a great show if you want to check out what AIW is. Over all I think the card could have benefited from maybe 2 matches being cut as it does feel too long and loses the crowd in the middle. They really come back hot for the end though as the last 2 matches are really great. Jody Fleisch was absolutely amazing live and this was his first match in the US in over 15 years. The street fight while showing signs of ultraviolence was more of an epic brawl that has been built up for years now. It felt like the two guys genuinely hated eachother and it had a vibe that is a bit of a lost art in modern wrestling. This was a really good show for AIW and I would recommend giving it a watch.

Rating: 7.25 out of 10.

#881 ·
Was extremely broke this year for Black Friday. The only thing that was in budget was an IVP order. I got:

Best of Kobashi vs Misawa
Best of Hayabusa
Best of Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud
Best of Shibata (IVP Custom Comp)
Best of Ayako Hamada V.01
Freedoms 12/25/2012
Best of Austria V.07 (There's some Benoit/Finlay matches on here that peaked my interested)

I've managed to convince my mom to get me the PWG 5 for $40 for my birthday, but I'm waiting till they (hopefully) add BOLA to it.

#885 · (Edited)
Adam Cole BAYBAY ! (3 Disc DVD set)

Disc 1:

ROH World Championship- Adam Cole (c) vs Roderick Strong (Charm City Challenge) 10-5-13 - **** 1/4

ROH World Championship- Ringmaster's Challenge: Adam Cole (c) vs Chris Hero (Raising the Bar Night 2) 3-8-14 - **** 1/4

ROH World Championship- Ladder War: Adam Cole (c) vs Jay Briscoe (Supercard of Honor VIII) 4-4-14 - **** 1/4

ROH World Championship- Adam Cole (c) vs Jushin "Thunder" Liger (War of the Worlds) 5-17-14 - *** 1/2

Adam Cole vs AJ Styles (All-Star Extravaganza VI) 9-6-14 - **** 1/2

SOTF Finals- Adam Cole vs Adam Page vs Hanson vs Matt Sydal vs Roderick Strong vs Tommaso Ciampa (SOTF Night 2) 11-8-14 - **** 1/2

Disc 2:

ROH World Championship- Fight Without Honor: Jay Briscoe (c) vs Adam Cole (Final Battle) 12-7-14 - **** 1/2

Adam Cole vs Shinsuke Nakamura (ROH TV) 8-21-15 - **** 1/4

Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly) vs The Young Bucks (Reloaded Tour) 9-12-15 - **** 1/4

Adam Cole vs AJ Styles vs Kyle O'Reilly (ROH TV) 9-19-15 - *** 3/4

Street Fight: Adam Cole & Michael Bennett vs The Young Bucks vs reDRagon (ROH TV) 12-19-15 - ****

No Holds Barred: Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly (Supercard of Honor X Night 2) 4-2-16 - **** 1/2

Adam Cole joins The Bullet Club (Global Wars) 5-8-16 - **********

Adam Cole & Matt Jackson vs Jay Lethal & Roderick Strong vs Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii (War of the Worlds) 5-14-16 - ****

ROH World Championship- Jay Lethal (c) vs Adam Cole (Death Before Dishonor XIV) 8-19-16 - **** 3/4

Disc 3:

ROH World Championship- Adam Cole (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jay Lethal vs Tetsuya Naito (Field of Honor) 8-27-16 - *** 1/4

ROH World Championship- Adam Cole (c) vs Jay Lethal (Reach for the Sky Tour Night 3) 11-20-16 - **** 1/2

ROH World Championship- Adam Cole (c) vs Kyle O'Reilly (Final Battle) 12-2-16 - **** 1/4

Adam Cole & "The American Nightmare" Cody vs The Addiction (Honor Reigns Supreme) 2-4-17 - *** 1/4

Falls Count Anywhere: Adam Cole & Hangman Page vs Jay Lethal & Bobby Fish (The Experience) 2-12-17 - ****

ROH World Championship- Adam Cole (c) vs Bobby Fish (Manhattan Mayhem) 3-4-17 - **** 1/4

Adam Cole vs Jay White (Unauthorized) 4-28-17 - **** 1/4

Street Fight: Adam Cole vs Marty Scurll (ROH TV) 5-14-17 - **** 1/4

Overall - 9.5/10.
Definitely the best out of the three Adam Cole DVD's they've released. Only a small complaint in that they didn't include his match v. Silas Young or his match against Taven and some of the matches were named wrong on the DVD.​

#894 ·
Thanks for this, I kinda enjoyed it.

This was a little awkward at times due to their positioning in holds (accidentally causing rope-breaks and moving to prevent them) but I thought they delivered some nice moments on the mat. Thatcher dead-lift suplexing Barnett was crazy but I had wished they kept to the mat than go strike-for-strike as these two aren't really lighting the world on fire with their punches. I'm almost sure Thatcher had great offence in 2015 (a helluva uppercut, at any rate) but his boot and elbows looked a little weak here - Barnett even more so. I thought Barnett actively dragged this down with his control segments and finish. Thatcher crumpling after a kick that whiffed air was also a little jarring.

This newish rise in MMA guys doing pro wrestling is set to provide some really great opportunities and match-ups but it's definitely not happening with Barnett.

#893 ·

Major League Wrestling “Hybrid Hell”
June 20th, 2003
From the War Memorial Auditorium in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Commentators: Joey Styles

Jerry Lynn and Christopher Daniels come out for Jerry’s match. Daniels informs the crowd that Jerry has seen the light and is with him now. Jerry gets on the mic and tells the crowd he doesn’t care about them any more. He goes off on Paul London not being there to wrestle him tonight and calls anyone from the back to come and wrestle him.

Jerry Lynn w/Christopher Daniels vs. Kid Romeo
I was as entertained by this match as much as I’ve ever been by a Jerry Lynn match. The crowd really didn’t seem too enthused either though. I even heard a few “boring” chants. So I guess I’m not alone? He really doesn’t play a good heel either. As much as I’m not a fan of his he is the petulant face.
Winner: Jerry Lynn

Francine comes to the ring. I think it was very cold in the arena. She berates the crowd and introduces Michael Shane.

Michael Shane w/Francine vs. Homicide
Okay, Homicide came out to Hatebreeds I Will Be Heard making this is the greatest DVD ever. This match wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t as stiff as the usual Homicide match but he still almost killed himself twice. The ending sequence was pretty funny when Homicide made Francine head-butt Michael Shane ten times in the nads but the final pin was weak.
Winner: Homicide

Billy Fives vs. Christopher Daniels w/Jerry Lynn
This wasn’t anything special.
Winner: Christopher Daniels

Los Maximos vs. Samoan Island Tribe
This was not good at all. Mana of the Samoan Island Tribe took some sickening chair shots to the head at the end. But the Samoan Island Tribe weren’t very good; Mana especially.
Winners: los Maximos
After the match the crowd chanted for the Samoan Island Tribe to show their tits and the one took his shirt off...

Kenzo Suzuki vs. NORMAN SMILEY w/G.I. Ho
Any time NORMAN SMILEY is on my TV I am a happy man. And Kenzo Suzuki; there’s a face I haven’t seen in years. He was much better here then he ever was in the WWE.
Winner: Kenzo Suzuki
After the match NORMAN SMILEY wouldn’t Big Wiggle G.I. Ho in the middle of the ring.

The Extreme Horsemen (CW Anderson and Simon Diamond) come out to be presented with their belts as the first ever MLW Global Tag-Team Crown Champions. Dr. Death Steve Williams comes out and announces he has a new partner. They attack him before he can say who it is but then his partner comes to the rescue...D’Lo Brown...really, D’Lo Brown.

For the MLW Global Tag-Team Crown Championships
The Extreme Horsemen (champions) vs. Dr. Death Steve Williams & D’Lo Brown
This match was just okay.
Winners: the Extreme Horsemen
After the match D’Lo Brown asks the crowd if they’re “down”.

Mikey Whipwreck w/the Sinister Minister vs. Sabu w/Bill Alfonso
This was probably one of the most boring Sabu matches I’ve ever seen. I say “one of the” because I watched a lot of his WWE run.
Winner: Sabu
After the match Sabu was about to hit the Sinister Minister with a spike but Christopher Daniels and Jerry Lynn made the save. Then as Sabu and Bill Alfonso were leaving Alfonso threw water in the air and must have hit a light or something because something landed on his head and he started bleeding all over the place.

CM Punk vs. Raven
This was a different match for me to watch because I’ve never seen CM Punk as anything but “the man”. He was practically a nobody here. The match was pretty boring. Michael Shane came out and helped CM Punk get the win.
Winner: CM Punk
Afterwards Punk and Shane kept the beatdown on Raven going until NORMAN SMILEY came out to make the save. He grabs the mic and spews some gold. They set up a tag team match for the next show.

No Disqualifications Match for the MLW World Heavyweight Championship
Mike Awesome vs. Satoshi Kojima (champion)
Aside from some good chops at the beginning this was very disappointing. Awesome looked very sluggish and like he really just didn’t want to be there. And Kojima did absolutely nothing for me.
Winner: Mike Awesome (new MLW World Heavyweight champion)
Steve Corino comes out (to a Scooter! song, +1) and congratulates Mike Awesome on his win. Then he asks for a title shot RIGHT NOW!

For the MLW World Heavyweight Championship
Mike Awesome (champion) vs. Steve Corino
This was actually better than the last match. It was as close to a stereotypical ECW match as this ECW-lite show has gotten so far. The Extreme Horsemen helped Corino get the win.
Winner: Steve Corino (new MLW World Heavyweight champion)

Barbed Wire Match
Steve Corino vs. Terry Funk
This match was certainly bloody. Maybe even bloodier than the infamous Funk-Sabu Barbed Wire Match. But it didn’t have the impact on me that one did. I’m not sure if I was to watch that one today I’d like it. The allure of matches like this has passed me by at this point in my life.
Winner: Terry Funk
Afterwards the Extreme Horsemen come out and assault Funk. Steve Williams comes to the rescue but he gets laid out too. Then Enter Sandman plays over the P.A. system and the Sandman makes his way to the ring. He does his usual entrance as the Extreme Horsemen continue to beat on Funk and Williams...

...eventually he gets in there and helps Funk and Williams clear the ring of the Extreme Horsemen. Before they leave Corino tells the three of them that this isn’t over.
This was really not a good show. The problem that plagued it is the same problem that plagues a lot of shows I watch from 2002-2004: MLW was trying hard to be ECW. But unlike Ring of Honor (who’s earliest shows tried the same thing in terms of pacing) this one depended almost entirely on ECW alumni…at least the ones the WWE wanted nothing to do with at the time. And a lot of the guys here just seemed like they had other places they’d rather have been. I give Major League Wrestling a pass though because all federations have humble beginnings. Sadly they folded a year after this only to return in 2017.

Obviously a lot of ECW alumni were at this show but some I didn’t mention were John Finnegan and Mike Keener refereeing every match and the two security guards who were at every ECW show. The ring announcer was Stephen DeAngelis (the ring announcer from the early Ring of Honor shows) and “Hulk Hogan guy” was there too.

The entrance music was all edited in on this show and it was terrible. Not the songs themselves but the fact that they were so obviously edited in. At first I thought they were edited in but then I thought maybe the guy working the soundboard at the show just kept turning the volume up really loud for some reason. Whatever it was it was really bad. They were editing in copyrighted music too so I don’t know why they didn’t leave the original audio?

I picked this show tonight by random generation. I have so many wrestling DVDs I don’t know where to go next. I was thinking of putting everything in a box, sticking my hand in it and watching whatever came out. But I’m a stickler for watching stuff chronologically. So I just put the names of all the federations I have DVDs that I still have to watch into one of those random online generators and MLW came up first. I’m kinda glad it did because Womens Extreme Wrestling came up second.

Overall not a very good show at all. The Homicide verses Michael Shane match was probably the best match on the show and even it was just okay. But I still have one other Major League Wrestling DVD to watch so maybe the random generator will make me watch it tomorrow.

#900 ·

Full Impact Pro “the Usual Suspects”
From Brandon, Florida
April 22nd, 2005
Commentators: Lenny Leonard and Dave Prazak

Lenny Leonard welcomes the crowd to the show and unveils the new Full Impact Pro Tag Team Titles, which will be crowned tonight. There is no tournament or brackets so it’s unknown how they are to crown champions, but they are. The Heartbreak Express says he should just give them the titles. The Carnage Crew comes out and tells them to get in the ring.

The Heartbreak Express vs. the Carnage Crew
I mean, this was a five-star classic from DeVito.
Winner: Carnage Crew

The Ring Crew Express comes out and tell the Carnage Crew they’re going to “rock them like a hurricane”.

Carnage Crew vs. the Ring Crew Express
This was a lot more competitive a match than I’ve seen from the Ring Crew Express. It sucked though.
Winners: the Ring Crew Express

Dave Prazak and DP Associates come out and say they’re the best team in Full Impact Pro. They need time to prepare though.

Roderick Strong & Jerrelle Clark vs. Vordell Walker & Homicide
All things considered this was a much better match. It was easily two-stars.
Winners: Roderick Strong & Jerrelle Clark

Sal Rinauro & Spanky vs. Steve Madison & James Gibson
This wasn’t a bad match either.
Winners: Sal Rinauro & Spanky
Afterwards Steve Madison and James Gibson are at odds over their loss, and then Madison attacks Gibson. After that he challenges Gibson to a match the following night.

CM Punk comes out and let’s everyone know he is the Full Impact Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Champion because Homicide couldn’t cut it. He announces that tomorrow night he will beat Homicide like he’s never been beaten before. Then he brings out a member of his “the New Dawn” and his tag team partner tonight: Don Juan. Don Juan cuts a terrible promo and I feel bad for CM Punk for having to be a part of this. Then Homicide blindsides CM Punk.

Dave Prazak and DP Associates come out for their match against their handpicked opponents.

DP Associates w/Dave Prazak vs. Evan Starsmore & Aaron Epic
This was a squash.
Winners: DP Associates

DP Associates w/Dave Prazak vs. the Ring Crew Express
This wasn’t a bad match. I can’t buy Dunn and Marcos in a serious capacity though having only seen their earliest appearances in Ring of Honor.
Winner: DP Associates

CM Punk informs the crowd that he’s had Homicide arrested and tomorrow night he’s going to send him to hell. He challenges any team to face him and Don Juan right now. Spanky and Sal Rinauro answer the call.

CM Punk & Don Juan w/Milo Beasley vs. Sal Rinauro & Spanky
This was okay.
Winners: CM Punk & Don Juan

3-Way Elimination Match
Rainman vs. Jared Steel vs. Antonio Banks
It took me a few minutes to realize that Antonio Banks later became “MVP” in the WWE. This wasn’t too bad.
Winner: Antonio Banks

The remaining teams in the tournament argue and it’s decided that the belts should be contested for in a three-way elimination match.

Three Way Elimination Match for the Full Impact Pro World Tag Team Championships
CM Punk & Don Juan w/Milo Beasley vs. Roderick Strong & Jerrelle Clark vs. DP Associates w/Dave Prazak
This was okay.
Winners: DP Associates (new Full Impact Pro World Tag Team Championships)
After the match Dave Prazak gets thrown into the ring and beaten up by Roderick Strong and Jerrelle Clark
This wasn’t the greatest introduction to Full Impact Pro. It was the “sister promotion” to Ring of Honor at the time but a lot of the time if felt like I was watching developmental talent rather than an equal. I don’t mind that too much but the sad fact was that a lot of these matches were just “there”. This show was very “indie”. It looked like it was filmed in a training complex. The lighting and audio weren’t the best. There was no entrance music. And there were probably seventy-five people there. I’ve got a lot more of Full Impact Pros DVDs to watch though and this was the earliest so I’m not going to give up on this promotion this early.

Shortly into the show it was announced that it was a “win and you advance” tournament, but no bracket was ever given.

#903 ·
Rah please don't come at me with this Josh Barnett isn't good business. I will get so mad online.

Also, everyone should subscribe to Powerbomb.tv and watch Beyond Wrestling on 12/31. Looks like it'll be a hoot. Is code BEYOND for a 20 day free trial:
FANS BRING THE WEAPONS: David Starr vs. Joey Janela with Penelope Ford
TABLES, LADDERS, & CHAIRS: Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson & Jaka) vs. EYFBO (Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz)
TOURNAMENT FOR TOMORROW FINALS: Ace Romero vs. Wheeler YUTA
Matthew Riddle vs. Jimmy Jacobs
AR Fox vs. Rickey Shane Page
Keith Lee vs. Josh Briggs
Jordynne Grace vs. John Silver
Joey Ryan, Johnny Cockstrong, & Massage NV (Dorian Graves & VSK) vs. Amityville Project (Dan Barry, Mike Verna, Rex Lawless, Ryan Galeone)
***PLUS A SPECIAL APPEARANCE FROM NXT'S ONEY LORCAN FOR THE LIVE CROWD ONLY***

Matches announced for #PowerbombPreGame (6:00pm bell time):

SANTIAGO STREET FIGHT: Zenshi vs. Brandon Watts
Jonathan Gresham with Stokely Hathaway vs. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams
"Filthy" Tom Lawlor & Chuck O'Neil vs. American Strong (Rory Gulak & Jay Freddie)
Orange Cassidy vs. Supercop Dick Justice
Brian Milonas vs. Mikey Webb
KTB vs. Damien Smith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.