Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

493K views 7K replies 464 participants last post by  obby 
#1 · (Edited)
Post anything related to TNA DVDs here. Questions, match ratings, suggestions, news, ect... are all welcomed.

Couple of questions to start things off (since the other threads were closed)

BGLWrestlingGod: Should I get Turning Point 05?

Jack Evans 197: Should I get Destination X 07?

liljayl23: Best TNA PPVs to buy on DVD?

#3,218 ·
here's my short review of Destination X 2006

Alex Shelley vs Jay Lethal 5/10

Lance Hoyt vs "Maverick" Matt Bentley w/ Traci 3/10

Team Canada vs The Naturals 6/10

Six-man tag match - The James Gang vs the Latin American Exchange 2/10

International X Showcase match - Chris Sabin (USA) vs Petey Williams (Canada), Sonjay Dutt (India) and Puma (Japan) 8/10 great match

Eight man tag team match: Jeff Jarrett, America's Most Wanted and Abyss vs Team 3D, Rhino and Ron "The Truth" Killings 7/10 another great match

Ultimate X match - Christopher Daniels vs A.J. Styles and Samoa Joe to capture the TNA X Division Championship 10/10 match of the night

NWA World Heavyweight Championship match - Christian Cage vs "Alpha Male" Monty Brown to retain the title 6/10

Next ppv im gonna review is Lockdown 2006

#3,224 ·
Hey everyone. New meat her lol. here is a short review of a prty cool match.

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrettt(no dq match) at genesis

Wow this match was amazing, thats all I can say. They rly kept this match at an extremly fast pace. There was alot of blood, intensity, spots, wrestling, just about everything you could want in a match. This match went about 20 min but to me it felt like it was 10 min. Thats how good this match was. And I rly did not mind the ending cuz in all of his proms before Angle would say that he wants to beat Jarrett in a match and thats prty much why he snapped in the first place.
My match rating: ****1/2

#3,225 ·
I am now watching Lockdown 2006 will review as soon as i am done.

#3,233 ·
That was one of AJ's best spot of all time.

#3,231 ·
Lockdown 2006 is my personal favorite Lockdown.

The concept of the Lockdown PPV is, IMO, dumb and something an 8 year old would book. I mean 8 cage matches in one night??? On paper it sounds cool, but in reality its over kill because it forces all of the talent to try and make every single cage match different. That's why 2007 had two dumb gimmick matches, Cuffed in the Cage & an MMA style main event at 2008, almost every cage match in 2005 had an extra gimmick, & an arm wrestling match at 2006. Its just a very hard thing to pull off.

All of that said, I felt like the 2006 edition of Lockdown took the best approach. 2005 tried to mask the fact that Lockdown was a dumb idea by trying to make every match awesome & main event worthy. The problem with that approach was that by the end of the show, the crowd was tired, and matches that would have been amazing under regular circumstances (AMW vs. Team Canada & Daniels vs. Skipper) were only alright-good because the crowd just got wore out. And then by the time Lethal Lockdown rolled around, the crowd was dead silent. Obviously they came back alive for AJ vs. Abyss, which shows just how talented those two guys really are, but that kind of approach to Lockdown is the best one.

What they did differently in 2006 was good in that it kept the highspots to a minimum throughout the matches, while still managing to give us some really good bouts. The Team USA vs. Team Japan match was a really good opener, but if the cage wasn't there, you would have had the exact same match. Daniels vs. Senshi was also very good, but the cage barely came into play. We got the God-awful Arm Wrestling match (which to be honest wouldn't have been much worse than LAX vs. James Gang anyway, sooo....) And then in the Xscape match, we got the first real Cage Highspot as Chase Stevens did that amazing SSP off the Top off the Cage, and with the escpae portion of the match, we got our first real cage action of the night. Then in Joe vs. Sabu, the cage came into play a little bit, but not much, but what that match added was the violence as we got our first bit of blood for the night. And then Team 3D vs. Team Canada in the Flag Match (which I actually enjoyed) gave us more tag team action inside the cage as opposed to the X Divsiion action that we had been seeing all night.

And then things really kicked off with the Double Main Event. Christian vs. Abyss is easily one of my favorite TNA World Title matches, and one of my favorite Cage Matches of the decade. As far as TNA goes, I'd probably rank it only behind AMW vs. XXX from TP04. That match was amazing. Normally nothing would be able to follow it, but Lethal Lockdown with its War Games Concept offered a completely different kind of match, and the talent in this match was FAR better than the 05 bout with AJ, Sting, Rhino, AMW, & Scott Steiner thrown into the mix (yeah I'm a Steiner mark, so what!) And they capped that off with a totally insane spot to play for the highlight reels after a great main event caliber match.

So basically the approach that 2006 was to build the intensity throughout the show then go out with a bang in the Double Main Event, rather than try to make every match awesome with all of them having crazy highspots and blood.

#3,235 ·
hey triple g i love all ur ppv reviews so if you could, could you to the reviews for the bound for glory's
I could do that. I've seen all of the shows in the last 3 months or so, so they are still pretty fresh in my mind.

But first here is my review of The Best of America's Most Wanted DVD!!!

- Like the Best of AJ Styles Vol. 1, the DVD is set up with Mike & Don giving us intros, various exclusive comments from Harris & Storm, & of course the matches.

Disc 1:

Match 1 - Gauntlet for the Gold for the Tag Team Titles

Like the Gauntlet included on the Best of Title Matches DVD, this match is clipped. It starts in progress (with Storm already eliminated when the footage begins) But we do get most of the match, and some of the teams in there are pretty interesting. Full list of teams includes: America's Most Wanted (duh), The Flying Elvises, The SATs, The New Church, Scott Hall & Syxx-Pac, Jimmy Rave & Dereck Wylde, CM Punk & Ace Steel, Brian Lawler & Glen Gilberti, Buff Bagwell & BG James, & the team of Ron Harris & Brian Lee (future member of the New Church) who dominated most of the match. Chris Harris was the final entrant was able to survive til the end and once it came down Harris & Lee, it turned it concluded with a tag team match between AMW & Harris/Lee. Harris was able to pin Lee when they were setting up Storm to be put through a table, and Harris snuck in the back door.

This was fun to see, and given that the match resulted in AMW's 1st tag title win, I can understand why it was on here. However, what we see on the DVD actually gives us very little of Harris & Storm.

Match 2 - America's Most Wanted vs. The New Church: NWA Tag Team Titles

This match was a rematch from the week before where The New Church (Brian Lee & Slash) got themselves DQ'd and left Harris & Storm bloodied and battered. The series of matches that these two teams had were a lot of fun. They usually started out with a massive brawl all over the arena, and featured lots of blood. This particular match was probably the bloodiest of the series. After the massive brawl, the match settled down into a pretty good tag team match. The New Church was able to capture the tag titles through interferance from their manager James Mitchell & valet Belladonna (remember her?) Anyways, really good stuff here.

Match 3 - America's Most Wanted vs. The New Church: NWA Tag Team Titles

The very next week, AMW got their rematch, and it was business as usual as the match started off with a wild brawl that carried all over the place. This match was different overall in that we saw signs of AMW getting just as nasty as The New Church, and the match ended with AMW getting DQ'd, attacking Belladonna, & security having to stop them from going too far. After this match, it was obvious that another match was coming. This match was the best in the series up to this point IMO. They even worked a Tower of Doom spot in there.

Match 4 - America's Most Wanted vs. The New Church: NWA Tag Team Titles

OK, this is the same match that is on the History of Year 1 DVD & The Best of TNA Title Matches DVD. I've already reviewed it, so I'll just say that it was a very good conclusion to the feud with AMW regaining the titles.

Match 5 - America's Most Wanted vs. Triple X: NWA Tag Team Titles

This was held on the 1st Anniversary Show (Slammiversary 2003 I guess) Before the match started, XXX attacked AMW backstage, leaving them injured before the match. This was the Daniels/Skipper pairing, but Low Ki (who was injured) was at ringside to give them an additional advantage. The AMW/XXX matches were obviously more technical than the previous feud, and this was a really good match. Lots of good counters and great action throughout. AMW had the match won with the Death Sentence, but Low Ki distracted the ref, which allowed Skipper to hit Storm with a title belt for the win. Great match and great set up for the Cage Match.

Match 6 - America's Most Wanted vs. Triple X: NWA Tag Team Title Cage Match

The 1st Ever TNA Cage Match. I reviewed this match for the Best of TNA Title Matches DVD, so I won't go into too much detail again, but it was an excellent match and a great way to end the feud with AMW winning back the gold.

Match 7 - America's Most Wanted vs. The Rock & Roll Express

As a match, it sucked. The crowd was dead & the match was boring. However, I can understand why they put it on here as AMW got a win over the legendary Rock & Roll Express, and this match took place right after Curt Hennig passed away because Harris won the match with The Perfectplex.

Disc 2:

Match 8 - America's Most Wanted vs. Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger: NWA Tag Team Titles

This series of matches is the forgotten feud in AMW's history, but the matches were great! This one in particular is one of the best matches on the set IMO. Glen Gilberti was the manager for Simon & Swinger and was at commentary for this match. Simon & Swinger were very good as a team and they worked very well with Harris & Storm. There were a handful of great nearfalls here that made the match very exciting. Gilberti almost cost AMW the tag titles on several occasions, but in the end, AMW was able to gain the victory and retain their titles in a very exciting match.

Match 9 - America's Most Wanted vs. Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger: Rawhide Strap Match

This non title bout was also a very exciting match for the DVD collection. It was a regular tag match except for four leather straps tied to the four sides of the top ring rope and they could be used at any point in the match. The tag team action in this match was great, thrown in with the occasional strap shot. AMW got a measure of revenge on Gilberti by strapping him a little bit. Like the previous match, there were some very good nearfalls. AMW came out victorious, but Gilberti, Simon, & Swinger got the last laugh with a sneak attack after the match, and they walked away with the tag titles.

Match 10 - America's Most Wanted & Dusty Rhodes vs. Johnny Swinger, Simon Diamond, & Glen Gilberti

I think they included this match on the set because it showed AMW teaming with the legendary Dusty Rhodes. It was the worst match from this feud that we have on the set, but still ok for what it was. Dusty obviously couldn't do much, but they worked the match around him getting his hands on Glen Gilberti, and the fans ate it up when he did. AMW, Simon, & Swinger provided some good tag action as usual, and overall the match was entertaining and decent, although nowhere near the level of the last two matches. After hitting him with a cowbell, Dusty got the pin over Gilberti.

Match 11 - America's Most Wanted vs. Kid Kash & Dallas: NWA Tag Team Titles

This match was from the very first episode of Impact on FSN. I remember it like it was yesterday. Kash & Dallas (who is Lance Hoyt BTW) were the tag champs & AMW had just reunited after Harris' short lived singles push. The commercial break is used here, which made the match a little shorter, but it was still a pretty good tag match, especially for TV. AMW once again captured the NWA Tag Titles. The thing to watch for in this match is a vicious spear that Harris hits on Kash. Wicked!

- Now that is the end of the feature program narrated by Tenay & West, but Disc 2 offers us some Bonus Matches!!!

Bonus Match 1 - Chris Harris vs. James Storm: North American Championship

This was the tryout match that basically got Storm & Harris a job with TNA. Clips of it are shown on the HIstory of TNA Year One DVD, but we get the full match on this set. It is done with commentary by JB, Harris, & Storm which is good & bad at the same time. Its cool to hear their comments on the match, but at the same time its kind of distracting that they refer to everything in past tense. But overall this was an awesome match up and its easy to see why TNA gave these two jobs after watching this. It was just an amazing display that showcased both guys very well. One other thing to look out for here is an unmasked Abyss, who makes a run in towards the end of the match.

Bonus Match 2 - Chris Harris & James Storm vs. The Rainbow Express

Very early match in TNA's history. The Dupps (one of them Trevor Murdoch) refused to wrestle guys of an "alternative life style" like The Rainbow Express (who were Lenny & Lodi) Left with an empty spot, TNA management just took two guys (Harris & Storm) and threw them out there for this match. The match was very short, and a little sloppy at points, but it was the very first time that AMW teamed together, and that made it cool to see.

Bonus Match 3 - Jeff Jarrett vs. Chris Harris: NWA World Title

Like this DVD set as a whole, this match is a forgotten gem from the Weekly PPV era of TNA. IMO, this is one of the best World Title matches in TNA's history. It was an excellent old school kind of match that mixed traditional wrestling with a little high flying and some great brawling as well. This was a very exciting and excellent match and after watching this, I have to wonder why on Earth Harris never got a World Title run. He reminded me of Bret Hart in this match. For those of you who are down on Harris for his run as Braden Walker, check this match and you'll see why so many people thought he had potential. Awesome match with Jarrett getting the win, but a valiant effort from Harris.

Bonus Match 4 - Jeff Jarrett vs. James Storm

On this particular show, Raven vs. Chris Harris was to take place in order to determine who would face Jeff Jarrett for the Title in a Cage match. Harris won the match, but was injured by Raven, which forced Russo to give the spot to AJ Styles. However, before the Harris vs. Raven match even took place, this Storm vs. Jarrett match was made to make sure that Jarrett doesn't have the week off before the cage match. This match kicked things off and it was a really exciting match. It started off with a wild brawl in the crowd, and soon spilled into the ring with some nice action as well. Jarrett obviously got the win here as well, but a strong effort from Storm makes this a worthwhile match on the DVD as well.

So that's my review of Best of AMW. Its an excellent DVD collection with alot of rare footage from the Weekly PPV era. The biggest feuds during that time for AMW are well highlighted with great matches iwth The New Church, Triple X, & Simon/Swinger. We also get to see Harris & Storm as great singles wrestlers with their battles with Jarrett, & that great match with each other. I would say that this set is a must have for anybody that is a fan of tag team wrestling, and anybody who wants to see some great stuff from TNA's early days. However, its a very hard DVD to find these days, so if you find a copy, I'd say do whatever you can to get it because you won't regret it.

Another thing I'll say is that its a shame that we never got a Volume 2 like we did with AJ. I mean this set goes up to the very first Impact and there was a lot of great stuff from AMW that was yet to come. Their various matches with The Naturals, their renewed feud with Triple X, their battles with Team Canada, the feud with Team 3D, their awesome matches with AJ & Daniels, their brief feud with LAX, and then obviously their split and feud with each other, resulting in that amazing Texas Deathmatch.

#3,234 ·
TNA Genesis 2009

LAX/Eric Young vs. Sonjay Dutt/Jimmy Rave/Kiyoshi (6-Man Elimination Tag) ***1/4
That was very good opener here. Great fast-paced action which built Hernadez as a main eventer. The final minutes when he cleaned house were great. Great action.

Shelley vs Sabin (X-Division Title) ****1/4
Great match right here. I loved the exchange of reversals and fast-paced moves in the beginning. Near the end, I thought a few times it was over, but they just kept going. This is what happens when TNA gives the X-division a decent amount of PPV time. Thumbs up for this one.

Abdul Bashir vs Shane Sewell *3/4
Okay match here. I don’t like Bashir at all, but it wasn’t horrible or so. Just a basic match.

Kongtourage vs Taylor Wilde/ODB/Roxxi (Knockouts Tag) *
Apart from Melissa, the Kongtourage is absolutely horrible. Rhaka is unwatchable. Just another knockouts match where heels dominated and ODB got the pin after a Gorilla Press. Taylor in action was the highlight of the match. Oh yeah and Melissa's new outfit rocked!

Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle (Grudge Match) ****3/4
Fucking awesome match right here. Miles ahead of their BFG match, which I have at ****. The intensity was off the charts. Great selling and blade job from Jeff. The Olympic Slam from the stage was sick as hell. Final minutes were breathtaking as they just gave everything a human body can possibly give. What a fight.

Sting vs Rhino (TNA WHC) *1/2
Basic match. Short and nothing really special. Could have been a lot better, but yeah Sting was injured.

Foley/AJ Styles/Brother Devon vs Cute Kip/Booker/Steiner(Hardcore Match) **3/4
A fun tag match here. Nothing amazing, but it was entertaining as long as it lasted. Foley didn’t look that great, but the finish was cool. AJ’s spot was insane.

Overal: 7,5/10

#3,236 ·
Here is my review for BFG 2007

Bound for glory 2007

1.LAX vs XXX(ultimate x match)
This match is absolutely amazing. I have watched it a bunch of times and it never gets boring to watch. It was sucha fast paced match and it was rly hard hitting. Some amazing spots happened in this match that made me say holy shit. Hernandez was the mvp of this match and he deserved it. Awesome ending to the match aswell. A classic opener.
My match rating: ****

2.fight for the right match
ok this match wasnt anything special. It didnt last to long but it had some nice spots done in it. If this mathc was done in wwe than i would say it was awesome but I expected more from TNA. overall not a bad match, but it rly didnt mean shit at the end because eric didnt become the number one contender.
My match rating: **1/4

3.tomko/aj styles vs team pacman
this match is way beter than most people on here give it credit. Creed rly helped this match alot. AJ did and amzing sommersault towards the end. Just a fast paced match and it made the crowd happy at the end.
My match rating: **3/4

4.knockouts gaunlet battle royal
this match is nothing special. eveyone kind of expected that gail kim would win at the end and she did. Gail kim was awesome in tna. Overall except for gail and kong nobody else rly got to shine.
My match rating:3/4*

5.Christopher Daniels vs Jay Lethal
Omg this match was awesome. they did some amazing spots and it was a rly fast paced match. I was like o shit, o shit. the fans were rly into it, well they were into the whole event. the ending was awesome with the lethal combination of the top rope.
My match rating: ***3/4

6.Steiner brothers vs team 3D(tables match)
This match kind of gets over rated by some people in my mind. It was a good match but not that awesome like some people will say. Overall just a fun match that rly got the crowd going cuz they faught all over the place.
My match rating: ***

7. Samoa Joe vs Christian Cage
Holy shit this match was awesome and it was my match of the year for 2007. This felt like an x division match. It kind of reminded me of Joe/styles from turning point. joe destroys cage with some amazing moves but than cage gets his payback when he hits some of his own amzing moves that i havent seen in a long time. This match is a pure classic and it ended christians undefeated streak.
My match rating: ****1/2

8. monsters ball match
this match was nothing special. It had 2 good spots and the rest was nothing special. Im just glad abyss won the match finaly, cuz its his kind of match.
My match rating: **

9. kurt angle vs sting
this match was awesome aswell. Sting got the belt and angle carried him to a good match. Just had a huge atmosphere and it had some good action. Plus nash coming into the match rly helped it in my mind. Another classic match up, just slow in some parts.
My match rating: ***3/4

Overall this was an amazing event with an amazing crowd.

#3,238 ·
here's my short review of Lockdown 2006

Lockdown is TNA's annual event in which all the match take place in the Six Sides of Steel. Here is a list of the matches.

World X Cup Preview

Team Japan (Black Tiger, Minoru Tanaka and Hirooki Goto) Vs. Team USA (Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal and Alex Shelley) 5/10

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels Vs. Senshi 5/10

Arm wrestling challenge

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong Vs. Konnan 2/10

Six-way Xscape Match

Chris Sabin Vs. "Primetime" Elix Skipper Vs. Petey Williams (with Scott D'Amore) Vs. Chase Stevens Vs. Shark Boy Vs. Puma 7/ great match

TNA X Division Championship

Samoa Joe (c) Vs. Sabu 6/10

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Christian Cage Vs. "The Monster" Abyss 8/10 good match

Lethal Lockdown

Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner, and America's Most Wanted Vs. Sting, A.J. Styles, Ron Killings, and Rhino 9/10 match of the night

I think if you have not seen this ppv you should the end is realy crap with the huge AJ spot.

Overall i give this ppv a 8.5/10

Next ppv im gonna review is Sacrifice 2006

#3,240 ·
OK raw monster asked me to review all the Bound for Glory's. Rather than do four separate reviews, I'll just do what I did in the WWE thread and so short summaries for all four shows in one post.

Bound for Glory 2005 = This show was very exciting because it came right after TNA's Debut on SpikeTV, so TNA was red hot at the time. They offered a little bit of everything and tried to give us matches that hardcore TNA fans loved (AJ/Daniels Ironman, Ultimate X, Monster's Ball) and would also interest new audiences. Overall it turned out to be a very good show, even though Nash had to pull out of the World Title match. It actually turned out better because having Rhino win Monster's Ball, The Gauntlet, and then come out of nowhere to defeat Jarrett was just awesome. The ending with Team 3D making their returns was pretty damn cool as well. Just about every match was good too. Monster's Ball was sick as hell, AJ & Daniels delivered yet again, Joe vs. Liger was fun, Monty vs. Lance is a must see if you like big man matches, AMW vs. Nats was a good tag match, & of course be sure to check out the Pre Show X Division Four Way Match. Lots of good stuff here, with the only screw up being the Ultimate X match which really fell apart at the end. Other than that, very good PPV overall.
Match of the Night = AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in X Title Ironman Match
Moment of the Night = Rhino wins the title and Team 3D returns to help fight off Planet Jarrett.

Bound for Glory 2006 = I remember how happy I was with this show. The main reason I love it is because it was the first TNA PPV held outside of Orlando and it felt like such a gigantic breath of fresh air. That gave the show a great athmosphere, and it made for an awesome event. The matches themselves were great too. X Gauntlet, Four Way Tag, Monster's Ball & even EY vs. Zbyszko were all really fun matches. Then we got a Joe vs. Angle brawl, which excited just about everybody, and it was really cool to see. The big matches pretty much all delivered as well. Sabin vs. Senshi is one of the greatest X Title matches ever. Christian vs. Rhino in the 8 Mile Streetfight was really good and sick. AJ & Daniels vs. LAX in Six Sides of Steel was awesome and my pick for MOTN. And Sting vs. Jarrett Title vs. Career had a great big match feel to it and was a fun old school kind of match with an ending that sent everybody home happy. Really strong PPV all around.
Match of the Night = AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs. LAX in Tag Title Six Sides of Steel Match
Moment of the Night = Sting No Sells The Guitar Shot and Puts Jarrett Away

Bound for Glory 2007 = Without question, this is my favorite PPV in TNA history. Awesome show all around. There were no bad matches (even Fight for the Right was enjoyable for what it was) and there were quite a few awesome matches & special moments. LAX vs. XXX in Ultimate X: Awesome! Best PPV opener in TNA history for my money. AJ/Tomko vs. Team Pacman for the tag titles was way better than expected. Lethal vs. Daniels for the X Title was friggin awesome. Steiners vs. Team 3D in a Tables Match was very enjoyable, and being a Steiners mark, I was very happy to see them get the win. The Womens' Gauntlet was lots of fun, and it was cool to see Gail Kim win the belt. She deserved it. Joe vs. Christian III was amazing, as usual for these two. Great fucking match. The Monster's Ball was fun, and it was nice to actually see Abyss win one for a change. And then of course the main event of Sting vs. Angle definitely delivered big time. Great main event. This PPV was nothing short of amazing.
Match of the Night = Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage (although there are a few contenders)
Moment of the Night = Angle's Botched 450 on Sting! Damn that looked sick!

Bound for Glory IV = The first numbered BFG! What a great show this one was! At this point BFG has set the bar pretty high as every show has been at the least "very good" This one had lots of great stuff as well. Steel Asylum was lots of fun. Bimbo Brawl was ok. It was filler. X & KO Title matches were brief but still pretty good. And the Tag Title Monster's Ball was just plain awesome! I know everybody likes the 2005 Monster's Ball, but I think this one is my favorite, even with Mongo as the ref (anybody want to show him how to make a pin?) Abyss through a Flaming table....poor guy. The 3 Way War between AJ, Booker, & Christian was also very good. Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle was a very emotionally driven match and definitely the MOTN. Great stuff there, and it was nice to see Jarrett get the win. Sting vs. Joe for the World Title was fucking crazy! That match was just entertaining as hell to watch. The ending wasn't really a shock, but it was cool to see that Joe & Sting could mesh so well together. Great PPV from TNA!
Match of the Night = Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle
Moment of the Night = Abyss goes through the Flaming Table

#3,243 ·
You do some pretty good reviews maybe the best review guy on here.

Reactions: TripleG
#3,242 ·
^^^ I think its one of those things where IWC fans tend to measure the worth of a PPV my how many 3+ star matches it has rather than the atmosphere and energy or the overall appeal of the show.

For example, people tended to crap on Taboo Tuesday 2004 for not having any "great matches" and the ME was only 10 minutes or whatever, but I thought the show was very energetic and fun overall, and I walked away from it feeling like I had a good time. TNA equivalent to that is probably Slammiversary 2007. Everybody praised KOTM, but said everything else was crap, but I was thoroughly entertained throughout the night. It was just a really fun & cool show.

And if you look at BFG05, alot of people complained that the ME was only 5-6 minutes, but I thought it was just really cool booking and it made Rhino look like a fucking beast to win a Monster's Ball, a Gauntlet, & then somehow beat Jarrett for the title. It was exciting to see that story unfold. And the show also had some filler matches, and matches like Joe/Liger & Monty/Hoyt were "too short", but I've never been one to care about how long a match goes. A good match is a good match.

And then on the other hand they'll say certain ROH shows are awesome because it has 3 4 star matches, but I'll watch it and be bored out of my skull because I either don't care about the guys involved, or the show goes so long that I just get tired and my attention wanders.

TNA equivalent to that is probably Lockdown 2005. While I enjoyed that show, I felt like they tried way too hard to make every match amazing, and the show suffered as a result. I mean if you try to make 8 cage matches main event worthy, then I'm going to wear out about half way through the show, and I did. The first time I watched it, I had to do so in 2 separate sittings, and I think the live crowd got tired too. So much so that matches like Daniels vs. Skipper & AMW vs. Team Canada suffered, and Lethal Lockdown was a fucking bomb. They came alive again for AJ/Abyss of course, but alot of net fans saw a card with 7 matches that went over 15 minutes and praised the hell out of it.

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for and how you base the quality of a ppv.

#3,245 ·
I can only comment on BFG 07 so here it goes.

Your abosolutely right when you say there was no bad matches on the card as everything was entertaining from top to bottom, The Ultimate X was awesome and a fantastic way to start the show. Fight for the right was a fun match and my little sister got a good laugh from Rikishi/Junior Fatu. The tag title match was way better then I expected and it was great to see Aj win the tag titles in his home town. I absolutely love Daniels/Lethal and am way higher on it then most, My first time seeing the top rope lethal combination so that was awesome. G, I'm ashamed that you didn't mention Scott Steiners promo before his match, that was hilarious! The match itself was just a fun brawl. The womens gauntlet match was another fun match that displayed Kong as a monster extremely well. Joe vs Christian was awesome! MOTN easily and probably TNA's MOTY for 07 but I haven't seen the Texas death match. I didn't get Monsters ball on my DVD. Joe/Sting was awesome, just had that big match feel to it. The interference was done well to.

Seeing as I got that DVD for free with the TNA video game I'm very pleased :D

#3,246 ·
So here's my short review of Sacrifice 2006

NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Full Metal Mayhem
Christian Cage (c) vs. "The Monster" Abyss w/James Mitchell 7/10 Match of the night a good match with the 2 much like there Lockdown match i miss these kinds of match's
Sting and Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner 6/10 reminds you of the old wcw days
The James Gang vs. Team 3D 5/10 an old wwf rematch was pretty good
World X-cup Gauntlet Match 5/10 some good spots
Jushin Liger vs Petey Williams
AMW vs Daniels & Styles 7/10 il iked it when these 2 teams used to work together
Bobby Roode vs Rhino 4/10 pretty good match with the 2
Raven vs A-1 2/10 not a good match

Overall i give this ppv 6/10

Next ppv im gonna review is Slammiversary 2006

#3,247 ·
Here is a review for Lockdown 2008. the matches arent prob in order cuz i forgot which ones came first lol.

LOCKDOWN 2008

1.xscape match for the x division championship
This match was fast paced and good while it lasted, the only problem is that it wsas way to short. It was prty much just the regular x division match and nothing rly special.
my match rating: **3/4

2.queen of the cage match
this match sucked ass. It was about five min long and nothing good came out of it. Atleas roxi won the match.
my match rating:1/2*

3.Booker/sharmell vs roode/banks
This match is nothing special I think tat they barely even use the cage and the ending just sucked. Overall it was nothing bad but nothing rly special either.
myh match rating:**1/2

4.knockouts tag team match
this is a prty good match up, and there is a nice hurricanrana of the top of the cage. saeed did prty good in her debut match. I rly liked this match.
my match rating:**3/4

5.Bg James vs Kip James
This was actually a good match. there wasnt alot of wrestling moves but there was alot of cage use in this match. I think some ppl underrate this match.
my match rating:**1/2

6. cuffed in the cage match
Ok this is an awesome spot fest. It was fast paced and just alot of fun. I rly loved this match. Some awesome spots from everyone.
my match rating:***

7.lethal lockdown
I dont rly enyoy this match as much as some other ppl. It was still a wery good match up and it was alot of fun. It had a couple of good spots and it was prty good, im just surprised rhino got the win.
my match rating:***3/4

8.Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle
This match is a classic and one of my favorite tna matches of all time. The atmosphere for this match is just huge. IT was amazing, words just cant describe this match., you will either completly love this match or hate it and I absoulutely loved it.
my match rating:****1/2

overall this ppv will mainly be remembered for the joe/angle classic and not much else

#3,249 ·
great review not badd for a new guy lol,lethal lockdown best match on that ppv but angle/joe was pretty sik too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.