Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*
View Single Post
post #1084 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Haza
Steady as she goes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: **Official Football Manager Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMac View Post
Not really. Stead cost me 750k from Sheff Utd when I was still in the Championship. He's now worth about £4mil. As I said, Agbonlahor was in Villa's reserves, he was £3.5mil. Ireland was £3.8mil. As the picture says, we're in the 2010/11 season, and he was my only proper signing that summer. I also got Kranjcar that summer for £1mil, as Portsmouth got relelgated and sold everyone on the cheap. Duff was transfer listed by Newcastle, he cost £1.5mil. Bullard cost £300k from Fulham. He was good for my first year back in the Prem, but I don't use him so much now, hence why he is transfer listed in the pic. McFadden was also transfer listed by Everton and I got him in January 2010 for £2.4mil, but the fact that his contract was up at the end of the year and he wouldn't sign a new deal probably played a part in it.

All three of them are good young players, just so happens they all play for Ipswich. I don't have a thing for them, they just happend to produce three talented young guys who were pretty cheap to sign and are now worth a lot more should I choose to sell them.

That's pretty much how I've played this game, signing guys who are transfered listed, in team's reserves, not getting a game or are young guys. I always take a couple of guys on loan each year, usually not having to pay any wages for them so that keeps the cost down too. What can I say, I'm a cheapskate when it comes to playing Charlton.

P.S I can take screen grabs if you don't believe me. I've seen a lot of people saying guys cheated to sign certain guys, but there was none of that here.

P.P.S I can't believe no-one's commented on the fact I have Martin Skrtel in my side.
When they got relegated on my game players like Kranjcar and Defoe werent allowed to leave for anything under 10 million.

Twitter! @HarryRees_

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome