Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

View Single Post

Old 10-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #1083 (permalink)
iMac
Step Up And Play...

iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000iMac 5501 - 6000
Default Re: **Official Football Manager Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Stead, Agbonlahor, Haynes, Ireland, McFadden, Kranjcar, Duff and Bullard are all half decent. Can't believe you got them all you must have got alot of dosh?

And it looks like you have something for Ipswich?
Not really. Stead cost me 750k from Sheff Utd when I was still in the Championship. He's now worth about £4mil. As I said, Agbonlahor was in Villa's reserves, he was £3.5mil. Ireland was £3.8mil. As the picture says, we're in the 2010/11 season, and he was my only proper signing that summer. I also got Kranjcar that summer for £1mil, as Portsmouth got relelgated and sold everyone on the cheap. Duff was transfer listed by Newcastle, he cost £1.5mil. Bullard cost £300k from Fulham. He was good for my first year back in the Prem, but I don't use him so much now, hence why he is transfer listed in the pic. McFadden was also transfer listed by Everton and I got him in January 2010 for £2.4mil, but the fact that his contract was up at the end of the year and he wouldn't sign a new deal probably played a part in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK91 View Post
Yeah off the top of my head Supple, Garvan and Haynes are all Ipswich players.
All three of them are good young players, just so happens they all play for Ipswich. I don't have a thing for them, they just happend to produce three talented young guys who were pretty cheap to sign and are now worth a lot more should I choose to sell them.

That's pretty much how I've played this game, signing guys who are transfered listed, in team's reserves, not getting a game or are young guys. I always take a couple of guys on loan each year, usually not having to pay any wages for them so that keeps the cost down too. What can I say, I'm a cheapskate when it comes to playing Charlton.

P.S I can take screen grabs if you don't believe me. I've seen a lot of people saying guys cheated to sign certain guys, but there was none of that here.

P.P.S I can't believe no-one's commented on the fact I have Martin Skrtel in my side.

Last edited by iMac : 10-13-2008 at 01:16 PM.
iMac is offline   Reply With Quote