Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

365K views 5K replies 176 participants last post by  Zezo 
#1 ·
To help reduce server load it's time for a new thread. The old one will still be available for viewing but from now is closed for posting. Old Thread

#3,413 ·
SMV high priced? I usually think Highspots isn't an option due to their prices, it's absurd. SMV is probably the best place to buy stuff from. INSANELY fast shipping, I ordered a dvd around 9 pm on a Saturday and I got it on Monday morning with their standard shipping. It's fantastic. And I tend to think 20 bucks a DVD is fine pricing.

Beats that 3.99 a match on a VHS tape Highspots shills -_-

#3,415 ·
I'm a fan of the 3 PWG DVDs for $20. Regular pricing from them isn't all that great but when they have sales they can be incredible.

And I checked my account on IVP and it says that my order has been shipped so I'm hoping I will get it on Tuesday after the long weekend.

#3,414 ·
ROH Wrestling At The Gateway
1. Kenny Omega vs. Kenny King - **3/4
2. Rhett Titus & Sal Rinuaro vs. Grizzly Redwood & Bushwhacker Luke - *
3. Erick Stevens & Brent Albright vs. Davey Richards & Bobby Dempsey vs. Irish Airborne vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe - **3/4
4. Necro Butcher & Ace Steel vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Delirious - **1/4
5. Austin Aries vs. Tyler Black - ***1/2
6. ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Jerry Lynn & Bryan Danielson - ***1/4-***1/2

#3,416 ·
-Blaskohiro Tenryu- said:
SMV is pretty much the best wrestling dealer I've come across. All in 2 business days.
I've heard they don't treat international customers (such as I) well, but can anyone confirm that? I'm planning on ordering some CHIKARA sooner or later, and SMV is pretty much the only place for their DVDs.

#3,418 ·
ROH - Rising Above

The Briscoe's Vs Kevin Steen & El Generico ( *** )
Sara Del Ray Vs Mischif ( *** 1/4 )
Claudio Castagnoli Vs Silas Young Vs Alex Payne Vs Sami Callahan ( ** 1/2 )
Brent Albright, Roderick Strong & Ace Steele Vs Dvey Richards, Go shiozaki & Chris Hero ( *** 1/2 )
Jimmy Jacobs Vs Austin Aries ( I Quit - **** 1/2 )
Nigel McGuiness Vs Bryan Dnielson ( ****3/4 )

Wow what a way to reintroduce my self to ROH and wrestling in general, totally awesome show with not 1 poor match on display I havent enjoyed a show in a long long time. Like I've said before I'd pretty much stopped watching wrestling alltogether since 2006 but the match standard at ROH deffinately hasn't slipped. I found my self really suprised at the standard of the womens match which was much better than any other womans match I've seen in America before even though it wasnt perfect by any means, compared to the drivel the WWE puts on with the women this was like Kobashi/Misawa lol.

As for the main event that blew me away, I'd read about the battles between Dragon and Nigel but that match beat my expectations. Maybe I've rated the matches slighty high I dunno but thats how I feel at the minute.

Roll on watching Supercard Of HonorIII and Death Before DishonorVI over the next couple of days.

#3,419 ·
3/3

PWG - Roger Dorn Night

Bino Gambino vs. Top Gun Tawlar

Tony Kozina vs. TJ Perkins ***

Ronin vs. Human Tornado **½

PWG World Tag Team Championship
PAC & Roderick Strong vs. The Havana Pitbulls ***¾

Tyler Black vs. Joey Ryan ***¼

The Young Bucks vs. Arrogance ***½

PWG World Championship
El Generico vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Kevin Steen vs. Davey Richards ***¾ - ****

-----

OVERALL:
What can I say? Yet another good PWG -show, with a semi-strong undercard and a nice main event.

½

#3,420 · (Edited)
Was actually interested in buying this. Looks like a fun show.

Finished watching the Gabe shoot last night, and it was pretty much what i expected. Some of the stuff he had planned definitely sounded interesting (such as Ishimori as the regular from NOAH in 2009 and teaming him with the returning KENTA) and then other things that i hated the sound of.

All in all a good watch.

#3,423 ·
ROH The French Connection

Eddie Edwards vs. Erick Stevens
**1/2

Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. Kenny Omega and Kenny King
***1/2+

Necro Butcher vs. Brodie Lee
1/2*

Jerry Lynn vs. Delirious
**3/4

Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong
***3/4

Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black vs. Bryan Danielson and Austin Aries

Nigel McGuiness vs. Kevin Steen vs. Go Shiozaki vs. El Generico - 4 Man Elimination Match - ROH World Championship
***3/4-****

Overall:
Great show. The last 3 matches are really good matches and the Briscoes/Kennys tag match is very enjoyable too. Worth seeing for sure.

#3,427 ·
#3,431 ·
I liked the direction Gabe had for 2009 putting the emphasis on guys like Black, Omega, and King along with the seemingly epic Nana storyline. Also, bringing over Ishimori and KENTA would have owned too.

I'm also interested in what he had planned for that unnamed former WWE wrestler and if it'll still happen.

#3,432 ·
ROH - Supercard Of Honor III

Delirious Vs Go Shiozaki ( ** 1/4 )
Kenny King, Sal Rinauro & Chasyn Rayne Vs Bushwacker Luke, Dingo & Alex Payne ( *1/2 )
Roderick Strong Vs Erick Stevens ( *** 1/2 )
The Briscoe Brothers Vs Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs ( ****1/4 )
Steen & Generico Vs BxB Hulk & Shingo ( ****1/4 )
Austin Aries Vs Nigel McGuiness ( ****1/2 )
Muscle Outlawz Vs Typhoon ( ****3/4 )

Well what can I say about this show apart from this has got to be 1 of the greatest shows I've seen ever. It started off with a fun opener with Delirious with some good comedy thrown in and the action was decent as well. The second match consisted of a bunch of guys I didnt care about as with being out of touch with ROH for 2years+ I didnt have a clue who they were, apart from that the match was decent for what it was.

The Strong/Stevens match if it can be called that as there was no start or finish was an all out war which I enjoyed tremendously. The following tag was even better starting off with an all out brawl going all over the arena including a balcony dive , these type of matches are right up my street and luckily for me the rest of the show is an unreal spotfest.

The rest of the show is awesome too climaxing in the Dragon Gate 6man, after this show I'm deffinately going to have to check out some Dragon Gate as this was the 1st time I'd seen any of there wrestlers.

Thats it for my short review gonna have to dash off to bed got an early morning tomorrow but if any1 hasn't seen this show yet you've got to a.s.a.p

#3,433 ·
Dragon Gate Main Event-***1/4

Total spotfest that dropped it's story half way through to impress the fans instead of even making any attempt to make it look like either team wanted to win. Those factors make for an annoying main event.

#3,451 ·
It all goes on personal preference. Since I really don't have a date that my MOTY must be decided by I go by the calender year for mine. I also base my dates off when the show happened, not when it was released or put on PPV. I know alot of others will go by when the PPV came out or December to December. There is no right way of doing it.

#3,437 ·
By the way, I forgot to ask, but how much is Shipping at Smart Mark Videos? I can't seem to find any Shipping Estimates on their website. Or is the Shipping already included in the DVD Price? I'm trying to order TPI 2005 for those wondering what I'm trying to order.

#3,440 ·
IWA-MS Ted Petty Invitational 2006

Night One

M-Dogg 20 vs. Ricochet - **1/4

Colt Cabana vs. Mike Quackenbush - ***1/2 - ***3/4

Chris Hero vs. Ricky Reyes - ***1/4

Scorpio Sky vs. Hallowicked - ***

Erick Stevens vs. Trik Davis - **

Chris Bosh vs. El Generico - ***1/2

Jigsaw vs. Davey Richards - ***1/2

Brandon Thomaselli vs. Roderick Strong - **3/4

Kevin Steen vs. Claudio Castagnoli - ***

Low-Ki vs. Gran Akuma - ***1/2 - ***3/4

Scott Lost vs. Delirious - ***1/4

Arik Cannon vs. B-Boy - ***

Night Two

M-Dogg 20 vs. El Generico - **

Mike Quackenbush vs. Claudio Castagnoli - ****

Davey Richards vs. Low-Ki - ****1/4

Chris Hero vs. Trik Davis - ***1/4

Hallowicked vs. Arik Cannon - **3/4

Delirious vs. Roderick Strong - ***1/4

Iron Saints (Sal & Vito Thomaseli) vs. Tarek the Great & American Kickboxer – N/A

Iron Saints (Sal, Vito, & Brandon Thomaseli) vs. The BLK OUT (Eddie Kingston & Joker) & Ricochet - **1/2 - **3/4

6 Team Gauntlet Battle Royal

Chris Bosh/Scott Lost vs. Ricky Reyes/B-Boy vs. Akuma/Jigsaw vs. Erick Stevens/Scorpio Sky vs. Colt Cabana/Kevin Steen vs.The North Star Express - ***1/2

Arik Cannon vs. Claudio Castagnoli - ***

Chris Hero vs. Roderick Strong - ***1/2

El Generico vs. Low-Ki - ***

Loser Leaves IWA
Tyler Black vs. Josh Abercrombie - **3/4

IWA-MS Heavyweight Title
Toby Klein vs. Chuck Taylor - **3/4

Roderick Strong vs. Arik Cannon vs. Low-Ki - ****1/4

Wow Ian, see what happens when you stop hitting on Mickie, start paying talent & stop with all the carny crap. A show people want to see. Too bad all Ian's about now is the next scam and trying to get as many Baltimore Orioles jerseys as possible.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.