Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Gaming Discussion
View Single Post
post #100 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Hardyholic
ROH here I come!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: The Retro Club

I'm not sure how much longer this week goes on for, so I'll post a quick review and challenges completed now, although I'll continue playing so if I complete any more challenges I'll post them again later.

Graphics
Diddy's Kong quest came towards the end of SNES lifespan, so the graphics are amoung the best of the generation. The game has great character models and animation and the scenery is good aswell. Each of the sections have a very distinct feel and theme and all are look great.

Gameplay
The controls are near perfect and the puzzles are very challenging, making for great platforming gameplay. The different characters add more depth to the gameplay and all the bonuses are well hidden to keep seasoned gamers playing. One drawback to the challenge is that some players could get easily frustrated with the steep difficulty curve but in my opinion it just makes comepleting levels all the more satisfying.

Sound
The music is a joy to listen to. Each theme compliments the levels well and help to get you more engrossed in the game.

Longevity
The bosses will take multiple times to beat, aswell as alot of the levels. The game is pretty long and there are alot of Hidden levels and coins for the completionists to go for.

Overall
For those wanting the challenge this is probably one of the game 2D platformers ever made, let alone on the SNES.

I defeated the first 3 boss challenges

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome