Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Gaming Discussion

View Single Post

Old 08-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #76 (permalink)
#ROOT
Taking orders from THE MACHINE

#ROOT made the HOF Ballot#ROOT made the HOF Ballot#ROOT made the HOF Ballot#ROOT made the HOF Ballot#ROOT made the HOF Ballot#ROOT made the HOF Ballot#ROOT made the HOF Ballot#ROOT made the HOF Ballot#ROOT made the HOF Ballot#ROOT made the HOF Ballot#ROOT made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: The Retro Club

I'm done playing the game now. I have hardly played it this week until today, where I spent about an hour on it before getting bored .

I never had a Sega console as a kid (I had Nintendo), so I played this when I was younger, even at a friends house who did have a Sega. I had, however, played it about a month ago, when I downloaded the entire Sega Megadrive/Genesis ROM set, and asked a few people for game recommendations to play.

So, the game. The graphics suck by today's standards, which is expected, but since it is a 16bit game, they are pretty good. The music starts off good, but after an hour of playing the game, the same damn song just gets boring.

I have never been too into racing games, with the exception of the Mario kart series, Diddy Kong Racing, and a couple of others, but I did enjoy the first few races I played on this. Unfortunately though, I sucked at it . I managed to get 1st only once, and the best place I got after that was 4th.

The ability to hit people and knock them off their bikes is amusing though, even when the rest of the game gets boring. No matter how badly you are doing in the race, there is just something about knocking another player off their bike that somehow makes your place in the race no longer important. I don't recall any games having that feature before this game, but I am sure I have played other games since that have included a similar feature, I just couldn't name them lol. Since I have never been all that into racing games, I can't comment on how they have influenced other games in the future.

So all in all, the graphics are good for its time, the music is great to start off with, but gets boring quickly, as does the game play. Fun to play for a while, but I don't think I will be going on it again.

Oh, and as you may have guessed, I didn't complete ANY of the challenges . Roll on the next game!