Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Gaming Discussion

View Single Post

Old 08-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #73 (permalink)
Duke Silver
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches

Duke Silver is making a name for themselvesDuke Silver is making a name for themselvesDuke Silver is making a name for themselvesDuke Silver is making a name for themselvesDuke Silver is making a name for themselvesDuke Silver is making a name for themselvesDuke Silver is making a name for themselvesDuke Silver is making a name for themselvesDuke Silver is making a name for themselvesDuke Silver is making a name for themselvesDuke Silver is making a name for themselves
Default Re: The Retro Club

I remember spending hours on Road Rash 1 & 2 as I kid when I went round to a friends house. The only games we spent more time on was Sonic 2, Streets of Rage and Lost Vikings. However, I hadn't played it in at least 10 years and I was a little concerned that it wouldn't live up to my memories. It does live up to them, and it's still awesome.

The graphics are more than acceptable considering the age of the game, the music is outstanding, and the leveling up system works like a charm. I'm not a big fan of racing games so comparisons to newer additions to the genre are probably lost on me, but there is a lot included that I would consider innovative for the time. From being able to knock opponents off of their bikes, to the obstacles set in place, there's a lot to like.

Although, while initially running back to your bike seemed like a good idea, it becomes increasingly frustrating during the harder stages of the game. Especially when you're in first place - just about to cross the finish line - and you crash into a tree. That's one feature that I'm glad has been dropped over the years.

I didn't finish any of the goals (I stopped at level 4), but overall I had a lot of fun reliving one of the better games of my childhood.