Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

365K views 5K replies 176 participants last post by  Zezo 
#1 ·
To help reduce server load it's time for a new thread. The old one will still be available for viewing but from now is closed for posting. Old Thread

#2,683 ·
SAVE 20% OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER
Wednesday, December 03, 2008

SAVE 20% OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

You can now save 25% off your order on all items listed on the website with no minimum purchase. This sale includes all DVD's, tickets, books, apparel, & more. Besides ROH DVD's you can also save money on Non-ROH items. You can save money with every order you place at www.rohwrestling.com.

This is also a great chance to save money on tickets to all upcoming live ROH events.

To redeem your 20% Off Coupon for orders just follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohwrestling.com
2) Enter the coupon code: dec20 into the box marked Discount/Promotional Code when you are going thru the checkout process. The system will automatically generate the discount.

Offer ends on 12/4 at 10am EST. Shipping costs are not discountable. Gift certificates are not included in the sale. No adjustments to prior purchases. Offer valid only on new orders placed online at www.rohwrestling.com. Orders will only be discounted if you follow the steps listed above.

#2,684 ·
PWG All Star Weekend V Night 2

Kevin Steen vs Joey Ryan (No DQ) - ***
Perkins/Romero/Ronin vs Cholo/NOSAWA/Anderson - **1/4
Davey Richards vs Chris Hero - ***1/4
Colt Cabana & Topgun Talwar vs Kikutaro & Disco Machine - **1/2
Claudio Castagnoli vs Alex Shelley - ***3/4
Kaz Hayashi vs PAC - ***1/4
Roderick Strong & Jack Evans vs Scott Lost & Chris Bosh - ***1/4
El Generico vs Human Tornado (PWG Title) - ***1/2
Samoa Joe vs Low Ki - ****1/4

#2,685 ·
ROH New Horizons

PPV

Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. Mitch Franklin and Silas Young ½*

Four Corner Survival
Erick Stevens vs. Ruckus vs. Delirious vs. Shane Hagadorn

NoDQ
Kevin Steen vs. Necro Butcher ***¼

ROH World Title Match
Nigel McGuiness vs. Claudio Castagnoli ****

Roderick Strong and Naomichi Marufuji vs. Chris Hero and Go Shiozaki ***½

Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black ****½

Extras

Kenny Omega vs. Silas Young **

Honor Rumble

#2,686 ·
Just watched Nigel/Danielson from Weekend of Champions Night 2 2006. ****1/2 and one awesome match. I love pure title rules matches, though I have only seen about 3 of them :p. Awesome arm work by Nigel, great selling of the arm by Danielson. I really liked it when Nigel lost his first rope break, and look pissed off and disappointed, then out-smarted Danielson, getting him to use closed fist punches in front of the referee to lose a rope break too. After both guys lost all 3 rope breaks, they turn the match into a brawl of sorts on the outside, involving a great spot with Danielson flying off the ropes into the crowd onto Nigel, who got a chair up! The referee starts the 20 count (confused me the first time I saw the match and wondered why it didn't end at 10 :p), and Nigel slowly makes his way back, and gets the win! He thinks he has won the ROH title, but of course only the Pure Title could have changed under pure rules, so the ROH title remained with Danielson.

#2,696 ·
God dammit, now I want this and the Tenryu one. I spent almost £200 on DVDs a couple weeks ago, though, so I'll hold off for a little while. Even just so I don't feel completely overwhelmed with wrestling.

#2,694 ·
Really disappointing Christmas sale from highspots. I'm not a fan of grab bags as I have a pretty big collection and I don't want to buy any doubles. Plus I am afraid they will just send me crap.

I really should pick up some of their best matches ever series though. I haven't seen much from Japnan but it looks like the sets they make have some great matches on them.

#2,695 ·
I'm weary of grab bags as well, especially the commercial one they offer. Does anybody know what to expect from the 10 for $30 grab bag they have? I assume it could be alot of junk but do they put those "Greatest Matches Ever" series discs in there? I was looking over the match listings for those and it looks to have alot of must see Puro stuff that I unfortunately haven't seen but would like to.

#2,699 ·
I have a feeling you would get a lot of shoots, which might be a good or bad thing depending on what you like. Highspots also sells some really crappy indy DVDs.

I wish there was a review up so someone could talk about what kind of DVDs they got.

I don't think the "Greatest Matches Ever" ever goes on sale though. I've seen them on highspots for months and the price never seems to drop. If you want one I think you might have to pay full price for it.

My favorite deal on highspots has to be the Grab 3 PWG DVD bundle.

#2,697 ·
I hate to add to it, but there's an 8 disk Hansen comp on highspots as well.

And there's a Hansen shoot that I really want to get my hands on. Oh, and the Brody in Japan comp.

...And the Sayama comp.

Fucking highspots. :(

#2,701 ·
Get the Brody comp. I have it and it's awesome.

An 8 disc Hansesn comp sounds great, but I'll stick to the 27 disc set I ordered a couple weeks ago (which should be arriving tomorrow) :eek:.

I think I'm gonna pick up one of Highspots' Pegasus Kid sets (The Final Rides or some shit) since there are two matches on it that I can't get in full anywhere else. Trying to convince myself that paying for a full DVD set so I can watch two matches is difficult, though.

#2,702 ·
RING OF HONOR BUY 3, GET 2 FREE DVD SALE!!!

Yes, you read the sale correctly. For the first time ever Ring of Honor is offering a special Buy 3, Get 2 Free DVD Sale for the holidays on all ROH DVD's. Koch titles are not included in the sale. Don't miss out on this opportunity as it may not come around again. It is very important you read all of the directions below before placing your order:

1) You will receive 2 Free Ring of Honor DVD for every 3 you purchase. If you buy 6 DVD's you get 4 free, if you buy 9 DVD's you get 6 free, if you purchase 12 DVD's you get 8 free, etc.. There is no limit. Your regular priced & free selections must be a Ring of Honor, Straight Shootin, or Secrets of the Ring title. Non ROH titles are not included in this sale. You may add other items to your order but they would not count towards the sale promotion.
2) Place the items you are ordering in the shopping cart at http://www.rohwrestling.com/. Write in your free selections in the "Special Instructions" section so you are not charged for the items. If you place your free items in the shopping cart you will be billed for them and adjustments will not be made.
3) Your free selections must be the lowest priced item you are buying.
4) This offer is good on all DVD's listed under the "Ring of Honor DVD's" & "Straight Shootin DVD" sections at http://www.rohwrestling.com/. NON ROH DVD ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS SALE.

Offer is only available during the sale period which ends on Tuesday, December 9th at noon EST and is not good on any previously placed orders. This special is ONLY good on orders placed at www.rohwrestling.com.

*Please note the buy 3, get 2 free offer is ONLY good on Ring of Honor show titles, Best Of's, Straight Shootin', and Secrets of the Ring titles. This includes all ROH titles marked down in the "Weekly Specials" section.

**KOCH DVD's "Bloodstained Honor", "Stars of Honor", "Best in the World" and "Greatest Rivalries" CAN NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE SALE!!!

This sale will also be in effect at both live events this weekend in Collinsville, IL and Nashville, TN.

NEW MERCHANDISE

The following items are now in stock and available to order in the "New Release" section at www.rohwrestling.com:

Ring of Homicide 2- Edison, NJ 10/25/08 (DVD)

Features Homicide & Hernandez (LAX) in a Dream Match against Jay & Mark Briscoe; Jerry Lynn vs. Tyler Black; Austin Aries vs. Jimmy Jacobs Anything Goes Match; Go Shiozaki vs. The Necro Butcher; Chris Hero vs. Brent Albright; plus more.
1. Austin Aries vs. Jimmy Jacobs (Anything Goes Match)
2. Delirious & Brodie Lee vs. Cheech & Cloudy
3. Daizee Haze vs. Jessie McKay
4. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Osirian Portal
5. Go Shiozaki vs. The Necro Butcher (FIP World Heavyweight Title Match)
6. Chris Hero vs. Brent Albright
7. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Davey Richards vs. Rhett Titus vs. Ruckus vs. Jason Blade vs. Hallowicked (Six Man Mayhem)
8. Tyler Black vs. Jerry Lynn
9. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Homicide & Hernandez

Return Of The 187- Hartford, CT 10/24/08 (DVD)

Homicide makes his return to ROH teaming with Hernandez as LAX battle Steen & Generico, Age of the Fall, and Sweet N Sour Inc. in a 30 minute Iron Team Match; Go Shiozaki vs. Austin Aries; Mark Briscoe vs. The Necro Butcher vs. Delirious; plus more.
1. Ruckus vs. Jason Blade
2. Sara Del Rey vs. Portuguese Princess Ariel
3. Rhett Titus vs. Grizzley Redwood (Top of the Class Trophy)
4. Jay Briscoe vs. Brent Albright
5. Mark Briscoe vs. The Necro Butcher vs. Delirious (No DQ Match)
6. Jerry Lynn vs. Claudio Castagnoli
7. Go Shiozaki vs, Austin Aries (FIP World Heavyweight Title Match)
8. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Homicide & Hernandez vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black vs. Chris Hero & Davey Richards (30 Minute Iron Team Match)

Driven 2008- Boston, MA 9/19/08 (DVD)

Ring of Honor's ninth PPV features two standout title matches featuring The Age of Fall vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico for the World Tag Team Title and Nigel McGuinness vs. Roderick Strong for the ROH World Title.

Driven PPV
1. Austin Aries vs. Delirious
2. Sara Del Rey vs. Jessie McKay
3. Brent Albright & Erick Stevens vs. Adam Pearce & Eddie Edwards
4. Chris Hero vs. Jerry Lynn
5. Bryan Danielson vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Go Shiozaki (Three Way Elimination Match)
6. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The Vulture Squad vs. The YRR vs. The Necro Butcher (Scramble Match)
7. Nigel McGuinness vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match)
8. Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico (World Tag Team Title Match)

Bonus Matches
9. Grizzley Redwood vs. Chasyn Rance
10. Rhett Titus vs. Josh Daniels
11. Daizee Haze vs. Madison Eagles

Ring Roast Vol. 1- A Comedic Tribute To The Iron Sheik (Double DVD-R Set)

Stars from the world of comedy and wrestling take the stage and roast Sheiky-baby! It a no holds barred, uncensored night of hilarious and continuous routines.

The special features disc examines the backstage happenings, the Scott Hall incident, and the aftermatch of the IronSheik/Brian Blair fight.

Everyone has heard of the vitriolic disruption of the evening's events. Now, you'll see the entire incident, including reactions after the event. Judge for yourself.

Jeff Peterson Cup 2008 (Double DVD-R Set)

First Round Matches
1. Larry Sweeney vs. Tommy Taylor
2. Rhett Titus vs. Jaison Moore
3. CJ O'Doyle vs. Jon Davis
4. Gran Akuma vs. Craig Classic
5. Nooie Lee vs. Brad Attitude
6. Sal Rinauro vs. Chris Gray
7. Jigsaw vs. Kenny King
8. Erick Stevens vs. Chris Jones

Second Round Matches
9. Brad Attitude vs. Jaison Moore
10. Larry Sweeney vs. Sal Rinauro
11. Erick Stevens vs. Kenny King
12. Gran Akuma vs. Jon Davis

Semi - Final Matches
13. Erick Stevens vs. Larry Sweeney
14. Gran Akuma vs. Brad Attitude

Finals
15. Erick Stevens vs. Brad Attitude

Bonus - Opening Ceremony

-Bryan Danielson "Dragon" T-Shirt (NEW)

-Briscoe Brothers "Bullets" T-Shirt (NEW)

#2,704 · (Edited)
ROH Age Of Insanity

Kevin Steen vs. Jigsaw **¼

Rhett Titus vs. Delirious ¾*

Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny King ***¼

Sara Del Rey vs. Sassy Steffy N/A

Adam Pearce vs. Ruckus

Age of The Fall Rules
Tyler Black vs. Austin Aries ***½

Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. Jimmy Jacobs and Delirious ***¼

FIP World Heavyweight Title Match
Erick Stevens vs. Claudio Castagnoli **¾

Chris Hero and Go Shiozaki vs. Roderick Strong and Brent Albright ***½

ROH World Title Match
Nigel McGuiness vs. El Generico ****¼-****½

Surprisingly enjoyable show. 3 good matches and a great main event. Also the first time in a long time that i've enjoyed anything to do with Delirious

#2,711 ·
Nigel/Danielson Generation Now - ****1/2

Their first match was based around the arm work from Nigel, but this match is more about the leg work from Danielson. Some great work on the legs from Danielson, and great selling by Nigel. I loved how they kept going back and forth for the first half of the match using nothing but mat work, until all of a sudden Danielson unloads on Nigel (no jokes please... :p) and the match turns into more of a brawl for a little while, with some big moves as both men try to get the win. The match slows down again, but keeps shifting the pace from mat work to high impact moves, keeping everyone on the edge of their seats. At one point Danielson seems to be mauling Nigel with multiple European uppercuts, but from out of nowhere, Nigel levels him with a Lariat! Awesome! Some more big moves from Nigel but he can't but Danielson away, so they both end up going back to the mat. They both make it to their feet, and start exchanging head butts!!! Nigel falls back into the ropes from one of them, and comes flying back with his signature Lariat! Danielson is still not defeated though! I am really loving how quickly the pace can switch from slow to fast and back to slow again, while still making the match flow extremely well. I wasn't that keen on the end, but I guess it wasn't all that bad. Awesome match from two awesome wrestlers.

#2,720 ·
Nigel/Danielson Unified 2006 - *****

What an awesome fucking match this is! It seems to take the best bits of their NOC and GN matches, mixes them together so that its not exactly the same, then adds some more awesome stuff to it, ending up with one of the best matches I have ever seen. Welcome to the 5 star family! I would have liked to see Nigel win instead though... :p.

#2,723 ·
haha, same here. I thought having Dragon win in England was a nice touch of unpredictibility added to the match. You would think it's in England and it's the tie breaker, so this is Nigel's time. Guess not. Plus it added even more the next year around when Nigel faced Rave in the Fight Without Honor which lead to Nigel FINALLY getting that big main event level win in England.

I thought that was pretty smart booking imo.

#2,721 ·
By the way, on first watch of Nigel/Danielson from Generation Now, I screamed at the TV. It was the most boring shit ever. I may go back and re-watch it, but I feel like it can't hold a candle to anything they've done before and after that.

#2,722 ·
THe Danielson shirt where it has the heart on it is far superior.

#2,727 ·
ROH A New Level

Roderick Strong vs. Erick Stevens vs. Go Shiozaki - FIP World Heavyweight Title

Kevin Steen and El Generico vs. Davey Richards and Rocky Romero
***3/4

Chris Hero and Brent Albright vs. Jack Evans and Jigsaw vs. Delirious and Pelle Primeau
**1/2

Naomichi Marufuji vs. Bryan Danielson
****1/2

Takeshi Morishima vs. Necro Butcher

Jay Briscoe and Austin Aries vs. Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black - ROH World Tag Team Title

Nigel McGuiness vs. Claudio Castagnoli - ROH World Title
***3/4

Overall:
Great show even though it didn't quite rise to my expectations conisdering it was their debut in the mighty Hammerstein. Main Event definatly needed to be better for such a show but Danielson/Marufuji was awesome and Steenerico/NRC is extremely fun too. Great show.

#2,729 ·
ROH Night of the Butcher II

Kevin Steen vs. Kenny King
Way to short, could have been a lot better.
** 1/4

The Phoenix Twins vs. Trik Davis and Mitch Franklin vs. Jigsaw and Ruckus vs. The Briscoes
Fast paced , fun to watch match, i also find the commentary on this one to be quite funny.
** 1/2

El Generico vs. Tyler Black
A bit of a disappointment, it took a while for it to pick up, but the final sequences were good though.
*** 1/4

Chris Hero vs. Erick Stevens (C)
(FIP Title Match)
This was very boring, fans chanted "Same Old Shit" towards Hero.
** 1/2

Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries
Very good match right here, with a surprisingly up-tempo, i wish it was a bit more longer.
***1/2

Roderick Strong vs. Sweet N' Sour Inc.
(Gauntlet Match)
Enjoyed this one quite a bit, nice comedy at the beginning, with Dempsey as the first opponent.

Brent Albright (C) vs. Go Shiozaki
(NWA Title Match)
Just a solid match.

Jimmy Jacobs vs. The Necro Butcher
(No DQ)
This was ok, certainly expected more from this, as it was the main event.
** 3/4

Not a good show, I advise you to skip this one.​

#2,730 ·
ROH Night Of The Butcher II

Kevin Steen vs. Kenny King **¾

Tag Team Scramble
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The Vulture Squad vs. Mitch Franklin and Trik Davis vs. Tweek and Dash Phoenix ***

El Generico vs. Tyler Black ***¼-***½

FIP World Heavyweight Title Match
Erick Stevens vs. Chris Hero ***

Bryan Danielson and Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuiness and Claudio Castagnoli ****

Sweet ‘N’ Sour Gauntlet **½

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match

Brent Albright vs. Go Shiozaki ***½

No Disqualification Match
Necro Butcher vs. Jimmy Jacobs ***¼

Again surprisingly enjoyable show to watch. Not a 'SHOW OF THE YEAR' candidate but still good. Necro/Jacobs surprisingly (to me anyway) had a great big match feel to it. Got a good feeling after watching it, that sometime soon we will see Necro/Jacobs NRBW match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.