Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

365K views 5K replies 176 participants last post by  Zezo 
#1 ·
To help reduce server load it's time for a new thread. The old one will still be available for viewing but from now is closed for posting. Old Thread

#1,719 ·
PWG It's It (What Is It?)

#1 Contender's Match
Chris Hero vs. Jack Evans vs. Necro Butcher ***1/2-***3/4 (Great Hero/Evans Dance Off; Crazy Tornado/Hero Fight...Poor Biggie Biggz & That Fan)

Austin Aries vs. El Generico **1/4 (Disappointing :no:)

Davey Richards vs. Brandon Bonham **3/4 (Good Promo From Richards After The Match)

Joey Ryan vs. Candice LaRae (BALLPLEX~!) ***-***1/4

Socrpio Sky vs. Hook Bomberry **3/4

Scott Lost (Awesome) vs. Mikey Nicholls (Impressive) ***-***1/4

Great To See Chris Bosh Make An Appearance
Arrogance>>>>>>>>>>>The Dynasty

#1,723 ·
I just watched New Hazard vs. KENTAmori from the 3/20 Dragon Gate show.

In the words of Borat,wow wow wee wah! This was crazy. This match match was intense. They truley made it feel like they hated each other. I seriously can not remember last time two guys dug in and truley looked like they were gonna murder each other. This could be KENTA and Ishimori showing the guys in the 'minor fed' that they were top notch and gonna take the GHC straps with them. KENAT and BxB were savage. KENTa got a bloody lip and BxB had blood in his mouth and coming out of his nose. The exchanges were super stiff and their really wasn't any down time. I thought this would surpase the match where New Hazard won the belts in quality. Unfortunately toward the end things got sloppy (I am looking right at BxB and KENTA's kicks) and quality went down. I also disliked the finish as on first viewing it looked like BxB was just sitting their looking at Shingo. On rewind I saw Taiji just barley holding him, but BxB didn't even make it look like a fight at that point. ****-****1/4

#1,741 ·
I really thought this match was just their and sloppy as fuck, except for Shingo who was incredible in it. I still don't get how simply good matches get praised as awesome, but whatever floats ya boat. If you enjoyed it more than I then cool for you.

#1,729 ·
There was 2 or 3 released from his website at some point I think I have match listings for them around somewhere although the only place you'll get them from now is a trader.

Choice Of A New Generation
Punk vs Ace Steel SDW Ladder Match 28.4.01
Punk vs Adam Pearce
Punk vs Suicide Kid
Punk vs Cabana
Punk vs Bambino
2001.08.11 – Hardcore Hell & Back * CM Punk, Chris Hero, Ace Steel & Danny Dominion VS 2 Cold Scorpio, Ian Rotten, Colt Cabana & Suicide Kid

Smash Or Be Smashed
Punk vs Cabana vs Quack
Punk vs Reckless Youth JCW
Punk vs Eddy vs Rey
Punk vs Eddy
Punk vs Low Ki IWC
Punk vs Eddy vs Cabana
Punk vs Cabana
Punk vs Hero vs Cabana
Punk vs Hero IWC
Punk Gauntlet
Punk vs Hero TLC

Early Career
CM Punk vs Danny Dominion SDCW 29/03/01
Cm Punk vs Sick Nick Mondo SDCW 29/03/01
CM Punk vs Colt Cabana IWC 10/11/01
CM Punk vs Eddy IWA:MS 02/03/02
CM Punk vs Axl Rotten MAW 09/03/02
CM Punk vs Low Ki IWC 23/03/02
Punk/Cabana vs Steel/Dominion IWA:MS 03/03/01

#1,742 ·
KENTA, Shingo, and BxB are all in my top ten favorite wrestlers. I was so impressed with the beginish of the match that go my blood pumping so good that maybe I didn't see it as sloppy as it was. Like I said BxB and KENTA were major sloppy toward the end. I think it was good enough for ****, but that could be my New Harard love?

#1,743 ·
honestly its cool when others get more from a match then I did, it means it did its job well and just becuase I didnt like it doesnt mean its bad.

I can easily see why people love BxB Hulk i feel that this match wasn't his strongest, but any bias isn't bad. Heel it whats wrestling is all about, cheering on those you wanna see do well :)

Have you seen Doi v KENTA Yet? It will be cool to read your thoughts on it as its a match many have different opinions on.

#1,744 ·
I am pry gonna do the Dragon Gate newbie thread if Mr.PaiMe doesn't. He knows more about it than I do, but I want a place for good DG talk.

I just got all teh 2008 Dragon Gate stuff last week and so I will work my way through that and review it as I have time. I have 7 college classes plus I am the captain of varsity debate and work at least plus 30 hours a week, then I have to find time for my girl. Usually I get one match done when ever I eat as that is the only time where I am just sitting there. So it maight take me a while to get to the KENTA/Doi match. The only matches I wanted to see out of order was the GHC matches cause they were to be off the hook.

I agree though, that was not BxB's best match. KENTA kicked the shit out of him. I really thought the intensity was crazy for a DG match, which helped the rating.

What do you find more annoying? Dueling chants or Japanese women you call out wrestlers names in high pitched voices?

#1,745 ·
I never find a japanese crowd the least bit irritating, in fact i love em. They get into it and have fun without taking away from the stuff in the ring, gotta love it :)

#1,749 ·
See I find the women in Japanese crowds way worse. "KANTAA! KANTAH! I am Asian women who love you! Look ats me! Really? Like they the high pitched over exadurated yells are so bad.

I love the atmosphere the chants give. Now I have heard that the chants have got worse, and in the only ROH 2008 I have seen on DVD (Black/McGuinness) it samed a wee bit more than normal, but normally I have no problem with chants. The only ones I don't like is for example "Shut The Fuck Up" every time some one touches a microphone. Like that is dumb. Prretty much is a chant buys into the heat of a match cool, but if it is just disrespectful yelling than shut up. That I think may be the appeal of the Japanese crowds. Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.