Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

493K views 7K replies 464 participants last post by  obby 
#1 · (Edited)
Post anything related to TNA DVDs here. Questions, match ratings, suggestions, news, ect... are all welcomed.

Couple of questions to start things off (since the other threads were closed)

BGLWrestlingGod: Should I get Turning Point 05?

Jack Evans 197: Should I get Destination X 07?

liljayl23: Best TNA PPVs to buy on DVD?

#1,111 ·
With VR tommorrow, I decided to watch last year's show tonight.

X Gauntlet-****
Bashams/VKM-**
Rhino/Storm-*** (Enjoyable brawl, not as good as their NS match tho)
MGMG/Lynn & Backlund-**1/2 (Keeping Backlund out for most of this made it pretty decent)
EY/Gail vs Roode/Brooks-**3/4-***
Christian/Wildcat-***1/4-***1/2 (Great match that was built extremely well, but the finish blows)
Sting/Abyss vs AJ/Tomko-***
Team 3D vs Joe/Angle-***3/4 (Angle and Joe are a great team and this match tells a great story. Ray really owns in this match as well, fairly underrated.)

Overall this is a very entertaining show, a couple of screwy or underwhelming finishes tho hurt it slightly IMO. And just a few too many tag matches, with that said tho it's still the 5th or 6th best TNA PPV of 07.

#1,112 ·
VR07 was very underrated and I loved that Harris/Christian match as well as the Ultimate X Gauntlet.

The match of Champions was pretty cool too. I like how it turned into a Triple Threat match with The Steiners taking out Devon and Joe/Angle turning on each other.

But tomorrow's show has potential to blow last year's out of the water. Seriously, I am so excited for this PPV. The card looks amazing.

#1,114 ·
Yeah Cage/Harris was so great until the finish, the whole Dustin Rhodes thing was crap and knowing that it lead to Black Reign being born makes it even worse.

One thing about the match of champions that was so great was the storytelling, how everybody worked together until they saw their personal goal slipping away was great. Ray was so great in that match, like when he went over to Joe's corner when he dazed and pretended to be trying to tag in and stuff.

Also his little shout outs are very funny, like when Angle was about to backdrop him he yelled "Oh crap" and then when he got germaned he said "I don't like you Kurt." They were just funny things that added to the match.

But tommorrow's show does look seriously awesome.

#1,118 ·
Other than Sacrifice and BFG, the best 07 shows are No Surrender, Genesis, Slammi, Victory Road, and Final Resolution in that order IMO.

Lockdown is pretty good but it's just those 2 matches that really kill the vibe, but Lethal Lockdown and the Xscape match are both very good. Then Senshi/Starr and Daniels/Lynn are pretty solid as well, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be anyway.

#1,123 ·
^^^ Great reviews as always man!

I posted a few days ago my picks for Top Five Matches in the history of Victory Road. I had Ultimate X Gauntlet, AJ vs. Petey, Christian vs. Harris, The Match of Champions, and The 1st Monster's Ball as my picks, but I think after tonight's show, its time to adjust.

1) AJ Styles, Christian Cage, & Rhino vs. Kurt Angle & Team 3D: Full Metal Mayhem - Did it live up to the name Full Metal Mayhem or what? There were so many great spots, I can't list them all here. I knew with these six invovled a TLC-ish match would be amazing, and it certainly was.

2) Ultimate X Gauntlet

3) 12 Man Elimination Tag Team World X Cup Match - This match was just fucking crazy. It went way longer than I expected and all 12 guys did well in there, especially Shelley & Yoshino.

4) AJ vs. Petey

5) Christian Cage vs. Chris Harris

And to be honest, the Ultimate X & Booker/Joe are pretty high up as well.

And with Hard Justice coming up, my current top five matches in HJ history:

1) The Naturals vs. America's Most Wanted: Tag Titles from HJ05 - It was the unofficial Chris Candido tribute match and the crowd was really emotionally involved because of it. It was a very intense and memorable tag match, one of the greatest in TNA history.

2) Samoa Joe vs. Monty Brown vs. Rhino: Falls Count Anywhere from HJ06 - This is a very underated match, but these three were able to put on a very intense and fun hardcore match. They meshed extremely well. I had hoped we would get Joe vs. Monty one on one out of this, but it was still a great match regardless.

3) XXX vs. MCMG vs. Lethal/Dutt from HJ07 - A very good X Division spot fest opener. Not much else to say besides that, but some of the spots they came up with were very cool.

4) Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles: NWA World Title from HJ05 - They've had better matches, but AJ's title win was so well booked that I will always remember it very well.

5) Rhino vs. James Storm: Bar Room Brawl from HJ07 - Many people seemed to hate this match, but to be honest I loved th feud these two had and this match was very enjoyable, especially since it made Storm look like an awesome heel and took Rhino ona downward spiral.

#1,125 ·
^^ That is very hard for me, but here goes:

1) AMW vs. XXX: Six Sides of Steel from TP04
2) AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels: Unbreakable 05
3) AJ Styles vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Low Ki vs. Psichosis: 1st X Title Match from 2002
4) AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels: 30 Min Ironman Match from AGA05
5) Chris Harris vs. James Storm: Texas Deathmatch from Sac07

There are alot of them and I'm sure if you'd ask me again in a week I'd give different answers, but AMW vs. XXX is definately my all time fav.

#1,130 ·
My top 5 is..

1) AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels: Unbreakable '05
2) AMW vs. XXX - Six Sides of Steel - Turning Point '04
3) AJ Styles/Jerry Lynn/Low Ki/Psicosis - TNA PPV (6/26/02)
4) Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels - Turning Point '05
5) AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels - Ironman Match - Against All Odds '05

#1,132 · (Edited)
Yeah i got the event from yours, i'll have to find the event Joe/Daniels was from :p

Yeah, it was from Final Resolution 2006. Not the greatest match but a favourite one seeing as it was one of the first matches of TNA that i saw. Haven't watched it in a while so it will probably drop down or even off my list when i re-watch some other matches.

#1,142 · (Edited)
Here's my top 5

1. Joe/AJ/Daniels-Unbreakable 05
2. XXX/AMW-Turning Point 04
3. AJ/Daniels-AAO 05
4. Joe/AJ-Turning Point 05
5. AJ/Petey/Sabin-Final Resolution 05

1st 3 I've got at the full 5*, and the other 2 at ****3/4.

BTW my VR ratings

12 Man Tag-****1/4-****1/2(Can't believe some people are actually giving this ***-***1/2, straight out ridiculous IMO. I thought it was TNA MOTY so far)

Gail/Angelina-**1/4

Lethal/Dutt-**3/4(Good little match, needed more time tho)

LAX/BMI-**3/4 (They'll do better in a regular match)

Taylor/Kong-*1/2

Ultimate X-***1/4 (I was dissapointed but this match was still solid.)

Angle/3D vs AJ/Cage/Rhino-****1/4(Straight up awesome)

Joe/Booker-***1/4 (I know the finish was completely wild, but it was a pretty great match up until that point)

Definitely TNA's best show of 08 so far.

#1,145 · (Edited)
TNA Victory Road '08 ratings:

12 Man Elimination Tag X-Cup Match- ***1/2 (Just a random spotfest)
Gail vs. Love- Didn't bother
Dutt vs. Lethal- ***1/4 (Good match with a crappy finish)
Beer Money vs. LAX- **1/4 (Decent tag match)
Kong vs. Wilde- Didn't bother
Ultimate X- ***1/2
Full Metal Mayhem- **** (Fun match and maybe Team 3D's best match in TNA)
Joe vs. Booker- **3/4 (This match was going great until the lame crap. The Samoa Joe being to harsh didn't even make sense since he wasn't doing anything different than he usually does.)

#1,149 ·
Don't have that Dvd but I've seen all those matches, (I think this is the match listing for this dvd) Actually watching Lockdown 06 atm really good so far will rate a bit later.

Joe vs. Dutt - Slamm 05 - **3/4

Joe vs. Sabin - NS 05 - ****1/4

Joe vs. AJ - Sacrfice 05 - ****1/4 - ****1/2

Joe vs. AJ vs Daniels Unbreak - *****

Joe vs. Liger BFG 05 - **3/4

Joe vs. AJ - Tp 05 - *****

Joe vs. Daniels - FR 06 - ****

#1,148 ·
OK, I'm bored again.

Top Five X Title Matches from Each Year:

2002:
1) AJ Styles vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Low Ki vs. Psychosis: Double Elimination 4 Way Match: 2nd Weekly PPV
2) Low Ki vs. Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles: Triple Ladder Match: Aug 2003
3) AJ Styles vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Low Ki: Three Way Match: Jul 2003
4) AJ Styles vs. Amazing Red: Fall 2003
5) Sean Waltman vs. AJ Styles: No DQ Match in Fall 2003

(yeah I took them all from the Best of AJ Vol. 1 DVD. I've seen a few other ones, but these five were very good for the most part)

2003:
1) Chris Sabin vs. Michael Shane vs. Frankie Kazarian: Ultimate X Match
2) Kid Kash vs. Amazing Red: Same show as Raven/Jarrett
3) Chris Sabin vs. Paul London: 1st Anniversary Show
4) Kid Kash vs. Amazing Red: About a Month before the one ranked at #2
5) Amazing Red vs. Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn: May 2003

(This was the hardest since I had seen very little from 2003, and TBH, the X Division wasn't all that great that year outside of the creation of Ultimate X & Super X Cup)

2004:
1) Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin: Turning Point 2004
2) Michael Shane vs. Chris Sabin vs. Low Ki vs. Christopher Daniels: Ultimate X2 Jan04
3) AJ Styles vs. Michael Shane vs. Frankie Kazarian: Ultimate X4 Aug04
4) Petey Williams vs. AJ Styles: Victory Road 2004
5) X Division Championship Gauntlet for the Gold: Sept 04 (the one that Petey won)

2005:
1) AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe: Turning Point 2005
2) Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe: Unbreakable 2005
3) AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels: 30 Minute Ironman Match from Against All Odds 2005
4) Petey Williams vs. AJ Styles vs. Chris Sabin: Ultimate X6 from Final Resolution 2005
5) AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels: 30 Minute Ironman Match from Bound for Glory 2005

(Best Year for the X Division and its title for sure)

2006:
1) Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe: 1st Thursday Night Impact
2) Senshi vs. Chris Sabin: Bound for Glory 2006
3) Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels: Against All Odds 2006
4) Christopher Daniels vs. Chris Sabin: Genesis 2006
5) Christopher Daniels vs. Chris Sabin: Turning Point 2006

2007:
1) Kurt Angle vs. Jay Lethal: No Surrender 2007
2) Jay Lethal vs. Christopher Daniels: Bound for Glory 2007
3) Chris Sabin vs. Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Alex Shelley vs. Shark Boy: Xscape Match from Lockdown 2007
4) Chris Sabin vs. Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt: Sacrifice 2007
5) Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn: 2 Out of 3 Falls from Destination X 2007

2008 (so far)
1) Petey Williams vs. Kaz: Slammiversary 2008
2) Jay Lethal vs. Petey Williams: Destination X 2008
3) Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Curry Man vs. Johnny Devine vs. Consequences Creed vs. Shark Boy: Xscape Match from Lockdown 2008
4) Jay Lethal & The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Johnny Devine & Team 3D: Streetfight from Against All Odds 2008
5) Jay Lethal vs. Johnny Devine: Impact Weeks Prior to Against All Odds

(With the Team 3D feud at the start of the year, current champ Petey getting hurt, and the World X Cup taking over, there hasn't been much room for the X Title. As far as I know, this and the Petey/Lethal Feast or Fired Match are the only X Title matches so far this year.

#1,151 · (Edited)
Top Ten Favorite Matches of 2008 so far:

1) AJ Styles/Christian Cage/Rhino vs. Kurt Angle/Team 3D: Full Metal Mayhem: Victory Road

2) AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle: Slammiversary

3) Kurt Angle vs. Christian Cage: Final Resolution

4) Team TNA vs. Team Japan vs. Team Mexico vs. Team International: World X Cup 12 Man Elimination Tag Team Match: Victory Road

5) Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe: Lockdown

6) Petey Williams vs. Kaz: Slammiversary

7) Team Christian vs. Team Tomko: Lethal Lockdown: Lockdown

8) Christian Cage vs. Tomko: KOTM Qualifier from Impact

9) Samoa Joe vs. Kaz: Impact

10) Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong: No DQ: Final Resolution

#1,153 ·
VR ratings

12 Man- ****
Kim/Love- **
Lethal/Dutt- **1/2
LAX/Roode/Storm- **1/4
Kong/Taylor- *
Ultimate X- ***1/2
FMM- ***3/4
Joe/Book- **1/2

Great PPV. Im not the biggest TNA fan but great PPV nontheless. Would have been better without that ridiculously overbooked ME.

#1,154 ·
Great Lockdown 06 review AJ, that's one one of favorite TNA shows of all time and was actually the 1st TNA DVD I ever bought. Simlar ratings to mine, although I'd go a little higher for Lethal Lockdown and Xscape but not much.

I still think VR was probably the best TNA PPV this year, but had the main event delivered without the overbooking I think everyone would be praising it universally as the best TNA show in quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.