Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #1177 (permalink)
TripleG
Largest arms in the world, BROTHER!

TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500
Default Re: Official TNA DVD Help/Discussion/Review Thread

Genesis 2006 is easily one of my favorite TNA PPVs ever. It was sold on the dream match of Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe, but to me there were a few dream matches that I really wanted to see and the end result was a very satisfying and entertaining PPV.

The Voodoo Kin Mafia vs. Serotonin: 3 On 2 Handicap Match

Yeah this sucked. This is probably the weakest opener in TNA PPV history, but thankfully they kept it short. The bit with Raven after the match was interesting, but as we all know, they never really went anywhere with it.

The Newly Franchised Naturals w/Shane Douglas vs. Jay Lethal & Sonjay Dutt

This was a solid tag team match. Not much else to say besides that. The Naturals unfortunately didn't last too much longer after this.

Christopher Daniels (c) vs. Chris Sabin: X Division Championship

I really liked this one. It was a very good X Title match and was the point in the show where things started to get very very good. I felt these two always worked well. The match they had in 2005 on Impact was one of the better matches during the FSN era and they continued to have good matches after Genesis.

Ron "The Truth" Killings & Lance Hoyt vs. Austin Starr & Alex Shelley

This match was ok. Something about it just seemed off. I don't think the styles of the two teams meshed all that well, but it wasn't completely horrible.

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Christian Cage

MOTN!!! This is a bit of a forgotten classic, but I really loved this match, and it was a major dream match for me in TNA. I wish they'd have continued with this feud or done it again in 2008 when their partnership split. Anybody who watched this match knows they have great chemistry and I definately wanted more matches after this beauty. The stuff after the match was good as it set up AJ's heel turn.

The Latin American Xchange (c) w/Konnan vs. America's Most Wanted: NWA Tag Team Championship

This was a fun and exciting match up. I really wish they had gotten more out of these feud because these two teams could have had an amazing match down the road. We got two pretty good PPV encounters out of them though, and this one was exciting. The stuff after the match with Cornette didn't go over well with the crowd, but they changed it on Impact, so big deal.

"The Icon" Sting (c) vs. "The Monster" Abyss w/James Mitchell: NWA World Championship

This was another dream match for me. I wanted these two to square off the second I heard Sting was coming to TNA. This match was just wild and chaotic, which I love, and Sting taking a bareback thumbtack spot and then Hulking up was one of the craziest things I've ever seen. And I hate to spoil the ending, but one of the reasons I love this match is because I am a huge Abyss fan and I was so happy to see him win the title. This is another contender for MOTN for me.

Kurt Angle vs. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe

People seem to like this match more now. For those who don't know, during the match Angle blew up and they ended the match sooner than they were supposed to, which apparently got Angle and Joe in trouble with Jeff Jarrett. Some people complained that it was too short.

Me personally? I loved the match. While the match was shorter than people wanted, I didn't think the ending seemed rushed, and Joe & Angle made it look like they were trying to kill each other and that came off extremely well. The crowd was red hot for this match too, and overall I would say the match delivered, but others might disgree.

So it got off to kind of a slow start with some weaker undercard matches, but the big matches delivered big time. I loved AJ/Christian, Abyss/Sting, AMW/LAX, Daniels/Sabin, and of course Angle vs. Joe, and Genesis 2006 still stands as one of my favorite TNA PPVs.

Match Rankings:
1) AJ Styles vs. Christian Cage
2) Sting vs. Abyss
3) Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe
4) Christopher Daniels vs. Chris Sabin
5) AMW vs. LAX
6) Naturals vs. Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal
7) Lance Hoyt & Ron Killings vs. Austin Starr & Alex Shelley
8) VKM vs. Serotonin

GODZILLA MOVIE REVIEW SERIES PART THREE: THE LEGEND IS REBORN