Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - *Official Football Manager Discussion Thread*

View Single Post

Old 07-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #349 (permalink)
iMac
Step Up And Play...

iMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a pushiMac is getting a push
Default Re: **Official Football Manager Thread**

Wow didn't know this thread was here!

Currently playing a Leeds United game. Got promotion from League 1 in my first season, but had to sneak it in the playoffs thanks to starting the season at -15.

Into the Championship now, not a lot of money so had to make some astute signings...

Alan Maybury 300k from Leicester
Anthony Grant free transfer from Chelsea
Jon Harley free transfer from Burnley
Patrick Cregg 650k from Falkrik
Stephen McPhail 500k from Cardiff
Kevin McDonald 250k from Dundee
Vaclav Sverkos 850k from Banik Ostrava
Matthew Connolly 600k from Arsenal
Kyle Lafferty 575k from Burnley
Kieran Westwood 300k from Carlisle
Kaspers Gorkss 300k from Blackpool
Roy O'Donovan season long loan from Sundelrand

Basically had to go for cheap young guys. Maybury and McPhail came in as they're both former Leeds guys and they are really the only veterans in my team, so I named Maybury captain and McPhail vice. Last years captain was a right back but when I had the chance to sign Maybury I sold him. Tried to get loads of guys on loan from the Premiership, most deals accepted by the teams but rejected by the players.

4 games into the season and we're sitting 3rd. Wigan, Derby and Middlesborough got relegated so I guess they're the main competition. Played 4 games, lost the opener away at Wigan 3-2, but have since beat Bristol Rovers, Hull and Nottm Forest.

Was given a 5 year plan to be surviving in the Premiership, so promotion isn't a must this year, but hey, it would be nice.

iMac is offline   Reply With Quote