Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Help Thread

365K views 5K replies 176 participants last post by  Zezo 
#1 ·
To help reduce server load it's time for a new thread. The old one will still be available for viewing but from now is closed for posting. Old Thread

#313 ·
Time for a random moan that will make me look like an obsessive fool, so ROH have changed there logo colors (again) from the last 3 releases. Now this doesn't bother me so much as the fact that they don't think things through properly, although Take No Prisoners is being released now it actually happened months ago so you have 1 random DVD with the new colors followed by 3 with the old colors before going back to the new colors again. Sad I know but it was annoying me.

#321 ·
Fact: Andy and I have the best avatar/sig combo.

By the way, so far the 16 Carat Gold tournament has been kick ass.
No fuckin' doubt!

Well, so much for watching Supercard 3; I have to go to my brother's fucking parents night. The fuck's the point, all the bitch is gonna tell me is that he's a retard.

/End mini-rant.

#330 ·
Hi, just need some ROH advice, I've just ordered Supercard Of Honor 3 and I'm going to get another show as well and that will probably be Dragon Gate Challenge II or 6th Anniversary show. Any advice on which one is better, baring in mind I already own Driven so I've seen Mcguinness Vs Danielson from that show. Advice please?

#331 ·
It's cool, it's Andy for the time being.

Yeah, pretty much what Punk said. My mum was supposed to go but she's working late so I had to take him. Stepping foot back in that school makes me wish I was in Angle mode though. The fact that his teacher only spoke to me for about 3 minutes before realising I was the degenerate that terrorised her when I was there makes the night all the more bullshit.

OK I'm done now, I'll go take my shit to the WWE thread.

EDIT: 6th Ann. is a great show. I'd probably recommend that over DGC II having just watched both recently myself.

#336 ·
ROH: Supercard of Honor III

I have seen the odd ROH match before, but this was my first full event. I'm not going to write a full review for the event like I normally do in the WWE DVD Thread, but I will talk about a few things.

Go Shiozaki Vs Delirious - **3/4

LMFAO at Delirious.

Bushwhacker Luke, Dingo & Payne Vs The YRR - *

Firstly, why the hell was Bushwhacker Luke on the card? Urgh, just urgh. Speaking of urgh, who the hell was commentating on that match? It was awful, that's all I know lol.

Roderick Strong Vs Erick Stevens - ***

I had looked up some other ratings for the event after I finished watching the show, and it seems I have rated some matches lower than everyone else. One in particular is this match. I didn't see anything that great about it, and the fact the ref was beat up and the match never actually ended despite about 15 more minutes of fighting didn't do much for me. At least 'Taker/Triple H had a finish... :p

Jay & Mark Briscoe Vs Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black - ***1/2

I hated the first part of this match, where they spend about 10 minutes fighting in the crowd. When they got back into the ring though, it picked up and I got into the match. The ending was great too! Shame the first half of the match brought down my overall enjoyment of the match.

BxB Hulk & Shingo Vs El Generico & Kevin Steen - ****1/4

Finally, a match that lives up to the hype! The match was just so energetic and was non stop action. So many great moves, and so many near falls from some great moves. I really enjoyed this match!

Nigel McGuiness Vs Austin Aries - ****1/2

Bloody hell, McGuiness looks different from when I last saw him (its been a long time though lol). Either that, or I am thinking of someone completely different :p. I loved this match. No more needs to be said.

CIMA, Dragon Kid and Ryo Saito Vs Genki Horiguchi, Masato Yoshino, & Naruki Doi - ****1/2

A very long match, but absolutely amazing. I don't really know what else to day lol.

Well, for my first ROH show, I was pretty impressed. A little disappointed with a couple of matches that have been rated much higher by a lot of people, but oh well. The last 3 matches were amazing, and I think I am a McGuiness fan now!

I think I will have to check out some more ROH stuff, and especially some more McGuiness stuff!

#337 ·
ROH: Supercard of Honor III

I have seen the odd ROH match before, but this was my first full event. I'm not going to write a full review for the event like I normally do in the WWE DVD Thread, but I will talk about a few things.

Go Shiozaki Vs Delirious - **3/4

LMFAO at Delirious.

Bushwhacker Luke, Dingo & Payne Vs The YRR - *

Firstly, why the hell was Bushwhacker Luke on the card? Urgh, just urgh. Speaking of urgh, who the hell was commentating on that match? It was awful, that's all I know lol.

Roderick Strong Vs Erick Stevens - ***

I had looked up some other ratings for the event after I finished watching the show, and it seems I have rated some matches lower than everyone else. One in particular is this match. I didn't see anything that great about it, and the fact the ref was beat up and the match never actually ended despite about 15 more minutes of fighting didn't do much for me. At least 'Taker/Triple H had a finish... :p

Jay & Mark Briscoe Vs Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black - ***1/2

I hated the first part of this match, where they spend about 10 minutes fighting in the crowd. When they got back into the ring though, it picked up and I got into the match. The ending was great too! Shame the first half of the match brought down my overall enjoyment of the match.

BxB Hulk & Shingo Vs El Generico & Kevin Steen - ****1/4

Finally, a match that lives up to the hype! The match was just so energetic and was non stop action. So many great moves, and so many near falls from some great moves. I really enjoyed this match!

Nigel McGuiness Vs Austin Aries - ****1/2

Bloody hell, McGuiness looks different from when I last saw him (its been a long time though lol). Either that, or I am thinking of someone completely different :p. I loved this match. No more needs to be said.

CIMA, Dragon Kid and Ryo Saito Vs Genki Horiguchi, Masato Yoshino, & Naruki Doi - ****1/2

A very long match, but absolutely amazing. I don't really know what else to day lol.

Well, for my first ROH show, I was pretty impressed. A little disappointed with a couple of matches that have been rated much higher by a lot of people, but oh well. The last 3 matches were amazing, and I think I am a McGuiness fan now!

I think I will have to check out some more ROH stuff, and especially some more McGuiness stuff!
Glad to hear that you were impressed with the show.

Anything with McGuiness from this year has been awesome, and i'd recommend his second match with Aries from Rising Above.

#339 ·
Nigel - Danielson Series

Weekend Of Champions --- ****1/2
Generation Now --- ****
Unified --- *****
Epic Encounter II --- ****
Driven --- *****
Survival of the Fittest 2007 --- ****
Sixth Year Anniversary Show --- ****3/4

Yeah, these guys could play Connect 4 and it would be ****.

#340 ·
Did you guys prefer the Supercard of Honor III or Rising Above match from Aires and McGuiness?

From my part, the emotion and the intensity in the Rising Above match made it a little bit better than SoH even though both are wrestling classics, the fact that Nigel took that sick face first to the guardrail and was able to complete the match and wrestle with a concussion and injury for about 20 minutes and there were so many awesome spots like the Lariat from McGuinnes to Aires to the floor wow, this is probably my favourite pro wrestling match since HHH and HBK tore the house down in 2003. I mean it was nothing with weapons and brawling and selling a storyline, it was just 2 great athletes laying it all out in the ring and the match itself was able to tell a story. ****3/4 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.